User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: COUPON CONFESSIONS! Spill your guts!!

TRADER
    SPARKING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chat COUPON CONFESSIONS! Spill your guts!!

I thought this would be a fun thread to start and share some of our coupon confessions!

I'll start... not proud, but I'll start...

I cleared a shelf for the first time tonight... I felt really badly about it, and definitely do not want to make it a habit... but I felt it was justified since I truly am donating the items to tornado victims, so I did.

Whew, it felt good to get that off my chest... who's next?
    CARLY, to Logan, 4 yrs, and to my love, Lee.

TRADER
    INCANDESCENT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Re: COUPON CONFESSIONS! Spill your guts!!

I am not proud, but once I actually pretended to drop something in the garbage outside the Rite Aid because I happened to see a "hot" coupon I needed and I wanted to "dig" it out.

I questioned my sanity afterwards.
    -::-:*'""'*:.-::-..WISHLIST -::-:*'""'*:-::-
    "I don't come from money, I come from coupons!"
    ISO REBATES - HERE

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol! too funny Pasharain.
    I confess that I have unapologetically peeled coupons off of items in front of store employees.
    #1 due Sept. 5th

(> <) Heeeeere
    ( =o'= ) kitty
    -(,,)-(,,)- kitty!
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    RED HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

We were in Washington D.C. in March for a family trip. As we were crossing a busy street, I spotted a coupon. Since it didn't register right away, I had to turn around, dash back into the street and grab it. The light was changing and I just barely made it to the other side alive...
    Well, that may be an overly dramatic recollection, but it did happen. It was actually a tearpad coupon of some sort with about 5 different ones on it. Doritos, Sprite, and what else, I can't remember.
    My kids were mortified, although I don't know why - anyone else would just think I dropped something and had to hurry back and pick it up...

On a sadder note, when I first started couponing, I found 12 Silk coupons on Ebay. $2.00/1.
    I used half of them before I found out they were fraudulent. Before that, I had no idea people even did stuff with coupons like that. Lesson learned. Innocence shattered.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶Dugalina٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ ᙢᘎG!
    TRADER
    RED HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazy coupon carly View Post
    I thought this would be a fun thread to start and share some of our coupon confessions!

I cleared a shelf for the first time tonight... I felt really badly about it, and definitely do not want to make it a habit... but I felt it was justified since I truly am donating the items to tornado victims, so I did.

I'm thinking a lot of shelves have been cleared...with or without a coupon for the tornado victims. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Need a Crock-Pot Recipe? Try:
    Crockpotladies
    Are you a Patient or Caregiver of someone with a rare disease? Want $10??, fill out a short info page here & PM me for referral info: http://www.rarepatientvoice.com/sign-up/
    Get extra $$ for products you purchase, try Ibotta ibotta.com/r/b7iTQPM me for details

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my DGD who lives with us plays softball, I go thru the trash to get out Powerade caps for the coke points. I try to do it when she isn't paying attention.
    Raising children(especially teens) is like being pecked to death by a chicken

In my defense, I will only bid human beings in the auction forum if it's a MM.

TRADER
    BURNING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)

I will go to the recycle paper bin and get the inserts,even after the news paper told me that any unused papers have to be done away with and the inserts also..They guys there told me they have no problem with it as long as I clean up after myself.........some weeks I get lucky others I get none.

I have my 4 year old twins trained to pick up coupons if they see any thats on the floor or ground..Its upsets their daddy for they will tell him thats mom's money.. aks then how we pay for things and they will say coupons and then money.

Dont feel bad.. I am sure there is alot of people that say they have never cleared a shelf because they only took the last one or two of a item but thats still shelf clearing..I have done it and I am sure I will again, I just dont do it everyday,week or even every month. Sometimes we just have to for whatever reason..its the ones that tell a tall tale and say its to help others when they are really reselling or stockpile the item that need help. I know you saw my other thread post and know that I cleared a shelf of soap in the last few days but since its not something I do often do I feel bad about it no and it was for my stockpile..I feel like that one of few times I do clear a shelf makes up for all the times I missed out on a deal because the shelf was empty for what ever reason.'you know its kind of under the what comes around gose around' so I am sure that soon I will miss out on deal because I cleared this one shelf..LOL
    My blog and wishlist
    If we make a trade please put your user name on the envie, mines on the address lable or I might

The queen of April Fools was here.

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've cleared shelves before. Although it's not usually a huge number of items, it has been 20+ bags/80 cans of cat food before. I really don't feel bad about it. That's what a raincheck is for. Empty shelves have happened to me plenty of times. And while it sucks at the time, I know I'll eventually get the items with a RC. I think it mostly evens out in the end.

Another thing I do is stalk blinkies and take peelies. I won't take everything (okay, except for the Biotrue tearpads at WM last year), but I will take more than just one or two.

Database Lists
    Sandy Hook Elementary-- We will never forget

Mod Of The Month July 2010 TRADER
    HOT HOT HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Regardless of the reason, please do not feel bad about clearing shelves! The product is there for you to buy, so buy it. If a person comes in behind you, they don't know if it was 1 person who bought all 100 items or 100 people who each bought 1 or if the store just didn't have any stock. I clear shelves if I want to. I don't feel bad about it because I have found an empty shelf too. Apparently I was too slow to get to the store or there weren't enough for everyone. Oh well!

Now my confession. If it's a particularly crazy day in my house with my 3 and nearly 2 yr old, I have been known to drive to the grocery store just in search of new tearpads and peelies.
    Living in the nut house - three kids 6 and under! Send coffee stat.
    Girl 6.75yrs Girl 5.5yrs Boy 2.5yrs

TRADER
    SCORCHING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was planning my Las Vegas trip last month I googled to find the closest CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid.
    Glad I did 'cause the snacks and drinks were cheaper there than in the hotel!!!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast