User Tag List

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Back by popular demand! 2011 in 2011 decluttering challenge!!!

TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Back by popular demand! 2011 in 2011 decluttering challenge!!!

OK, ladies...here it is! This is the official 2011 in 2011 decluttering challenge thread. We're going to purge our houses and lives of 2011 bits of clutter ("STUFF"...something that undermines family fun) in 2011. If that sounds overwhelming to you, don't worry. It's right about 40 items per week. You can do this! Just make this challenge work for you, let it be what you need it to be! You can count individual items or piles of items, pounds of clutter, bags of clutter, boxes of clutter. Or you can count minutes or hours or heck, even seconds if you're naturally organized (but then you probably wouldn't be here, right?) You can count what you throw away, give away, sell, recycle, return to its rightful owner, etc.

List your goals in this thread (along with pictures...we like pictures!!!), we'll post some mini challenges along the way (we need to do this this year, we kind of slacked last year), and we'll cheer one another on as we post our progress or lack of it. Don't forget to post your progress (with pictures) along the way. You can do this!!!
    From Marion (Cedar Rapids), IA.
    2011 in 2011 decluttering challenge: 103/2011 (I have no idea where I'm at!!!) 2011 coupons used yet? I'm at: 292 (again, no idea!!!)
    mama to Kaitlyn (18), Daniel (5), Ben (2), and expecting another 8/17/2011

Mod Of The Month June 2009
    Super Swapper July 2009
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Re: Back by popular demand! 2011 in 2011 decluttering challenge!!!

I am so in! We're definitely in need of decluttering here! I plan to declutter my game room, the play room, and my closet.
    Moderator for Household Tips and Tricks!

In a houseful of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.
    ~Robert Brault

Note to Self: Strangling
    Pǝople is BAD!
    TRADER
    THREE ALARM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyarn View Post
    List your goals in this thread (along with pictures...we like pictures!!!), we'll post some mini challenges along the way (we need to do this this year, we kind of slacked last year), and we'll cheer one another on as we post our progress or lack of it. Don't forget to post your progress (with pictures) along the way. You can do this!!!
    Mom of 2 crazy little boys.

ISO: My brain...if you find it can you please send it back to me?

Mod Of The Month Aug. 2007 TRADER
    THREE ALARM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I completely slacked last year.... but I'm back to try again.

This year I'm going to to go for 2011 minutes of decluttering, rounding it up and breaking it down into 6 minutes per day or 42 minutes for the week.

My worst problem areas are my bedroom closet and the basement. Oh, and my desk area.
    Lesley - HCW Admin
    and CouponsToTroops Admin

Always ISO BTFE - CLFE - Tyson A+ panels and Coke Codes for my boys' school

Don't throw away your expireds - Click here for HCW members stationed on overseas military bases who can use coupons up to 6 months expired

~ ~ ~

Interested in becoming a HCW Moderator? Check out our Mods Needed page and then submit a Mod Application

Admin Hottie ADMINISTRATOR
    RED RED HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    189 Thread(s)

I will give it a go. I don't have any major areas of clutter however I need to stay on top of it and maybe this will give me some motivation. A few areas that need some work here pretty soon...piles of clothes the kids have outgrown on the back of my washing machine. I need to go through them and give the boys clothes to some relatives and the girls clothes to the consignment store.

I would like to organize the area under the stairs in the basement where we store painting supplies, crafts and seasonal clothing.

And then once the weather warms up...MUST get rid of storage unit! No need to be paying $40 a month to store stuff. It worked for us when we had a smaller place but I cannot use that excuse anymore now that we have been in the new house over a year. LOL
    Heidi - Owner & Admin of HotCouponWorld.com - "I was extreme before it was cool"

- - Our sister sites: Crock-Pot Ladies | Organic Grocery Deals | Printable Coupon Spot | Coupons To Troops

*My posts may contain affiliate links. They help keep this site free for everyone to use when you click and shop through the links. See our site's disclosure policy for more details.

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please count me in.
    I need to purge books and clothes. Probably other stuff too.

pk
    http://www.hotcouponworld.com/userlists/pkchicken
    Free is good! I'm a couponer, hear me roar!

TRADER
    SPARKING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh I'll play. When my brother moved out we converted the extra bedroom into an office. Theoretically. What it has become is a room full of laundry baskets, papers, my desk, and miscellaneous other crap we have no space for.

It's bad.
    *~*~*~*~* My Wishlist! *~*~*~*~*

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Im in! I have to declutter this whole apartment. We have too many things stuffed in here that we don't have room for.

TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooh, I'm in! DH and I were actually just talking about how we want to get rid of some of the clutter in our house! :)
    My heart belongs to a US Marine! Semper Fi!

ISO) Stonyfield Farm codes
    wishlist/havelist (db) wishlist (forum) (I have inserts from each week too!)

Mod Of The Month Feb. 2011
    Coupon Jedi Master
    TRADER
    BURNING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm in....we need to declutter....we have too much stuff, and I don't want to move it all when we find a new place this year. We have kids clothes they have outgrown, toys they don't play with, stuff my DH just can't "bear to get rid of", clothes in our closet we haven't worn in year, papers everywhere, kitchen stuff that I don't use (but want to replace with stuff I will use ).

My goal is 2011 things getting trashed, sold, donated....maybe I can manage more, but this sounds like a great place to start on getting our house to a managable amount of stuff.

WishList
    I used to be foggierbard9, but I am no more. I have been granted a new identity!

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast