User Tag List

Thread: What's the hardest challenge for you?

Mod of the Month March 2011
    Plays with Fire
    while Biting her Nails
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    BURNING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default What's the hardest challenge for you?

We have a lot of personal challenges here: weight loss, saving, healthy lifestyle, cutting spending.

So here is my question: WHAT is the hardest challenge for YOU and why?

For me, it's the savings challenge b/c I have a hard time controlling my impulse to spend money. I've gotten way better about it, but it's a daily battle.

Consider downloading this cool new Coupon Savings Tracker to keep track of your expenses starting in the NEW YEAR!! :)

My Wishlist

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." MLK,Jr

HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's the hardest challenge for you?

I don't have a hard time with anything you specifically mentioned, but my biggest challenge is trying to keep to a regular schedule. I have a tendency to be "random" in my habits. Haha, that's what my DH calls it anyway. I do much better when I keep to some sort of schedule, but I have a hard time sticking with it for any length of time.
    I prefer to call myself a free spirit, but its not always a good way to live. I will say, however, that my sons seemed to have enjoyed growing up in my "eccentric" household.
    Maybe I could use time management classes!

Member Of The Month May 2010
    I My Musketeers
    TRADER
    THREE ALARM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    89 Thread(s)

Weight loss is...and always has been...my biggest challenge. It's a never-ending battle, and I don't tend to stay focused on it for long periods of time. I'll do well for a couple of weeks...then I'm back to my old habits, and whatever I lost during the two "good" weeks, comes right back on...and usually brings a few extra pounds with it.

I have other, very difficult challenges, but I'm finding it hard to put them into words. I've typed and deleted 3 times already. I'll try to figure out how to say it...and I'll post when I can.
    Here are my Wishes
    Xavier Musketeers Basketball
    My tags are turned off. PM me if you need me.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶Dugalina٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ ᙢᘎG!
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    RED HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

weight loss.

cause I do nothing to lose weight....I guess I

one...am lazy
    two...hate exercizing with a passion
    three...see my mother exercise twice a day and not lose a lb.

so why bother.

ready to do the lapband...before the eventual diabetes kicks in....sad thing is I'm not some huge overeater...just had to take medication that completely changed my metabolism...and have had issues ever since...and losing the gall bladder...doesn't help.

Need a Crock-Pot Recipe? Try:
    Crockpotladies
    Wanna make money unlocking your phone?http://getlocket.com/r/?6d3a08f1
    Get extra $$ for products you purchase, try Ibotta ibotta.com/r/b7iTQPM me for details

FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Re: What's the hardest challenge for you?

Hi,

Currently it is trying to finish my Masters degree in Food Science/Nutrition online through KSU (Kansas State University). Even though UMD (University of Maryland) has a good program, it is over 2 hours one way to College Park, MD; and I wouldn't relish taking the Metro train. So I am taking the Summer off and back at it in the Fall 2010.:hectic1:

Now that Summer is almost here in "full swing", I have so many projects to do at the farm and with the kids. Hubby will be gone on a business trip to England for the month of July and home for the month of August. Then he travels to Australia in the Fall (September) for 3 weeks--they are finishing up a Defense contract. Luckily, my parents are visiting this Summer while is away and helping me out. I have too many "irons in the fire" and hopefully won't get "burned out",

Now back to my gardens--hubby and kids are weeding produce and fruit gardens. We just had lunch and I had to check out HCW--my "secret agent life" here at home.

Have a good weekend--"y'all"--

Foodie(Katie)

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    80 Thread(s)

Organization is my biggest continuous challenge! I have piles of things everywhere. I sort stuff into piles and that's about as far as it gets. Then it all gets dumped into a big box when I have to clean up and that's where it stays. Very overwhelming.

In yet another effort to improve my organization, today I purchased a 8 1/2 x 11 three drawer container for my coupons until I can get them into my binder or out the door. I've labeled them: to sort, keepers, and to trade. Hopefully this will take care of the piles of coupons! I plan to toss all coupons into the sort drawer and sort when I can get around to it. (This makes me laugh because when I was a kid someone gave me a circular wooden token that said "tuit".....a round tuit.....LOL).
    My Wishes Haves

2014 goals: 89/2014 items decluttered $40/$1500 rebates 7 companies contacted 12/2014 coupons used

TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY ds has bone cancer and the dodctor said he has only 6 months to live,I have him home with us and my dd is disabillity inher right hand,and she has pain sometimes that lands us in the er/Some days all she can do is lay in the bed and take pain pills.
    But in all we are walking and sing the praise of the Lord
    6/26/2010 I LOST the best part of me.
    There are many forms of death - you can die physically, you can die mentally and you can sadly die from loneliness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this thread tonight and even though I don't know you, how are you doing after losing your dh so quickly? Bless You!

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by regbyandjulie View Post
    We have a lot of personal challenges here: weight loss, saving, healthy lifestyle, cutting spending.

So here is my question: WHAT is the hardest challenge for YOU and why?

For me, it's the savings challenge b/c I have a hard time controlling my impulse to spend money. I've gotten way better about it, but it's a daily battle.
    My health has been suffereing pretty much since May, and I have had to let some things go that i would normally not have. I like to stay on top of all my spending, eating out, bills, weight loss has had to be put on hold too.

But the funny thing is, my biggest challenge is organization and sticking to schedule. I am not ocd, my dh doesn't freak about clutter or disorganization, so i don't have much drive to get my home fully organized. It's not a complete dump, but i definitely see room for improvement. i had this great idea that i would set 2-3 boxes of stuff, out on the guest bed so that would give me a visual reminder to go through them, but they are still sitting there a week later, i started to go through them and get overwhelmed and have to stop. But i am really hoping i can get to them this week. I was really busy all this week, so hopefully i will have more free time to devote to these boxes!

HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hardest challenge for me is.... realizing that my son that is 20 and is a US Marine can handle things on his own, and that momma is not the main woman in his life anymore :(
    Yes he still loves me, and listens to my direction for the most part. But he is engaged to a wonderful young woman, and has been taught by the Marine Corps to handle life situations.
    With that said another challenge is not getting depressed at the thought of him deploying within the next 3 years he is in the service.