User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal challenge 2010: minimize cell phone bill and land line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contest Personal challenge 2010: minimize cell phone bill and land line.

Minimize you communication bill: how much are you paying for your cell phone and land line?

I started this some time ago; I don't have the need for a land line.
    I am trying to pay as little as possible for internet.
    cell $46.00
    internet $35.00
    No cable because I travel.. A LOT! :hectic1:
    ALL INPUT WILL SAVE US MONEY. YOU WILL BE "REPPED" FOR YOUR GOOD TIPS.
    I WILL ADD TO YOU SAVINGS WITH ALERTS , COUPONS AND TIPS.
    THE ONE WITH THE BEST TIP.. WATCH YOUR MAIL BOX.

Also check out:
    http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums...ml#post2342458
    Last edited by mitchel11; 03-21-2010 at 09:35:10 AM.

TRADER
    SPARKING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Personal challenge 2010: minimize cell phone bill and land line.

I cut my landline off last month to save 60.00 because we had no need for it

-Cell phones-190.00 (3 lines my husband is a trucker and has to have lots of minutes)
    -internet is 67.00 for broadband (we cant get dsl only dial up or broadband and the dial up was annoying me.

-cable-60.00 for 200 channels.

I really have no tips since mine compared to yours seem crazy. I wish we could cut some cost. I have thought about putting the cable down the the lowest package but my husband isn't on board with that.

ANyway good luck!
    Kimberly~Stay at home mom to
    Benjimen(5-12-04)Anastasia(11-25-05)Isaiah(4-10-07)Noah (3-11-08)Devoted wife to Freddy)living in Nc

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶Dugalina٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ ᙢᘎG!
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    RED HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Land line: we use vonage pay about $26.00 a month

Internet: we get through the cable company $40.00 a month (we have no cable nor TV)

Cell phone: I use a pay as you go. I spend $100 every 6 months or so. My DH has taken over his dad's plan...and now that DH has moved away to another state...I will have to pay for his...so he can speak with the kids and I. That one is $40.00 a month. We may consider if DH job becomes permanent of adding me to that plan....but won't consider that until we know for sure.

Need a Crock-Pot Recipe? Try:
    Crockpotladies
    Wanna make money unlocking your phone?http://getlocket.com/r/?6d3a08f1
    Get extra $$ for products you purchase, try Ibotta ibotta.com/r/b7iTQPM me for details

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs Up Re: Personal challenge 2010: minimize cell phone bill and land line.

Quote Originally Posted by cori n wes mom View Post
    Land line: we use vonage pay about $26.00 a month

Internet: we get through the cable company $40.00 a month (we have no cable nor TV)

Cell phone: I use a pay as you go. I spend $100 every 6 months or so. My DH has taken over his dad's plan...and now that DH has moved away to another state...I will have to pay for his...so he can speak with the kids and I. That one is $40.00 a month. We may consider if DH job becomes permanent of adding me to that plan....but won't consider that until we know for sure.
    Dear cori_n_wes_mom, you are a very strong person. Good for you. Your sharing this motivates me.
    Thank you. I will try to send you promos and coupons for your companies. Post their names.
    Last edited by mitchel11; 03-20-2010 at 11:52:26 AM.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶Dugalina٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ ᙢᘎG!
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    RED HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Land Line: Vonage

Cable: Cable One

Cell phone: Pay as you go is a T mobile
    Dh Cell is a Sprint.

Need a Crock-Pot Recipe? Try:
    Crockpotladies
    Wanna make money unlocking your phone?http://getlocket.com/r/?6d3a08f1
    Get extra $$ for products you purchase, try Ibotta ibotta.com/r/b7iTQPM me for details

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Personal challenge 2010: minimize cell phone bill and land line.

Quote Originally Posted by ksalazar93638 View Post
    I cut my landline off last month to save 60.00 because we had no need for it

-Cell phones-190.00 (3 lines my husband is a trucker and has to have lots of minutes)
    -internet is 67.00 for broadband (we cant get dsl only dial up or broadband and the dial up was annoying me.

-cable-60.00 for 200 channels.

I really have no tips since mine compared to yours seem crazy. I wish we could cut some cost. I have thought about putting the cable down the the lowest package but my husband isn't on board with that.

ANyway good luck!
    Dear Kimberly,
    I empathize. I dont know if there is an award for handling three kinds while one spouse is always on the road.
    Here is an idea: how can you maximize the returns from the net, cell and cable, if you cannot turn them off completely?
    I wish you all the best.

Some companies will let you turn of one or two channels after you are done watching a game or a fight because they dont have a long term contract for example SHO had an MIR and you can have it removed in summer if you are taking a trip to see family.
    Just a thought.
    Talk to the reps and ask for thir help. always be on a first name basis with your areas rep for all companies, period.
    Good luck and thank you fir your response.
    Post the name of your cable and net. I might be of help.
    M

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow- You guys are good at saving on that stuff!
    We have phone, internet, cable for $130 a month for all three -Time warner cable
    then between 4 people have have a cell phone bill of $180 a month. Dh phone and my phone are only $90..(my mother and sister have the other two phones and pay that half) -ATT

So between the 2 we pay $210...far more than the rest of you. But we need everything we have......Well we want....i should say. And really are not going to do without, but could if it came down to it.

I applaud you all on your low bills!
    I AM ALWAYS CONTENT WITH WHAT HAPPENS FOR I KNOW THAT WHAT GOD CHOOSES IS BETTER THAN WHAT I CHOOSE Eph. 1:4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next step is to see how low we could go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does one get anything via mypoints for cell phones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has any one tried Consumer cellular?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast