TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Default weightloss surgery

Has anyone had weightloss surgery? I'm looking into getting the Lapband and curious if anyone else has one.
    Candy
    "Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks." Forest Gump

TRADER
    SPARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: weightloss surgery

I had a rny almost a year ago. You tube has an extensive gastric bypass community of bloggers. They were a huge help to me before and after surgery. Most hospitals have support programs in place, the process usually takes a few months just to get a surgery date. I was required to go through their pre-surgery program which included support meetings, a consult with a dietician,a physical, consult with an exercise trainer, a phycological evaluation and a bod pod which is a machine that measures your lean mass and fat and determines your bmi. This test is repeated at six months along with blood tests to determine your vitamin statis. I have fought my weight for years gaining and losing hundreds of pounds but always ending up higher than the weight I started at. I have had no major issues and am about 6 pounds away from my ideal weight. It is really hard in the beginning and it takes awhile to discover what works foodwise for you after the surgery. I am tremendously thankful for the surgery. It has changed my life.

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: weightloss surgery

I have a close friend who did this, she opted to not do the lapband, but the perm, I can't remember wy, but she had specific reasons for it.

She had both diabetes & sleep apnea so she fortunately qualified for her insurance to cover her proceedure.

After the proceedure, she had trouble eating more than a couple of bites at a time, liquids were the easiest to digest...many things came back up...her taste changed...not trying to scare, but prepare, trying to remember all the things she told me as she went along.

I think it's been 3-4 years now, she looks great, probably size 14ish? She has since had breast reduction (covered by ins) a tummy tuck (also covered because of her bypass) and had under her arms done, (not covered). She said no matter what she did she couldn't get that ring off around her mid section, they removed 8 lbs of skin/fat from that area..that's like having a baby!

Her eating changed over the years as she adjusted, she added more foods as she went & tells me over & over she doesn't regret a second of having it done!