Loved And Missed TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Default My challenge for 2009

I hope this is the right place to post this. Besides saving more money this year, my big challenge is to lose weight.
    I have said this every year...lol. But this is it. I have had it with being overweight, tired, and frumpy looking. I hate being out of energy and not being to play with my children. I want to look good, feel good and have more energy. I also would love to get off of my insulin.
    This came at the perfect time too. My community is doing a biggest loser type of contest. The top female and top male winner's get a gift package valued at $350.00!!! Woo Hoo!

So, yesterday I went and got *gasp* healthy food. I woke this morning and drank 2 glasses of water before breakfast and had some oatmeal for breakfast. I can do this I think.
    Then I put the exercise DVD in....OMG!?! I did the warm up, but then I could only do 2 mins of the actual workout. How freakin sad is that?
    I am going to put my weight out there for everyone....I'm hoping that will help give me the motovation I need to keep going. So here goes: 1/12/09 starting weight: 241 pounds...eck...I am only 5'2 so that is not a good look. Hey wait, maybe I am not overweight, just undertall....

Well anyways thanks for letting me ramble.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Interested in eating Organic? Come visit us at HCW's sister site: Organic Grocery Deals

Mod Of The Month June 2010
    Coupon Ninja
    TRADING COACH
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    STEAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    78 Thread(s)

Default Re: My challenge for 2009

Undertall, I love it and plan to use it.

About the 2 minutes into the video thing, I wouldn't worry about it. You put the video in and you started by warming up. That is more than you did yesterday, right? When we are out of shape (I'm sooo out of shape, that's how I know) our bodies love to protest our little activities, so hey, awesome job getting motivated! I know you can do it!!!

Hope you will keep us posted, and PM me if you need some moral support, or a swift kick in the pants to keep you going! :)
    Co - Mod for Trains
    What does Melli wish for?
    goes woof goes meow goes tweet, and goes squeek, goes moo goes croak, and the goes toot. 's say quack, and go blub, and the goes ow, ow, ow.
    But there's one sound that no one knows .... WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY?
    SAVING FOR OUR TRIP TO NORWAY!!! 33% there!

TRADER
    SPARKING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am with you. I have put on weight slowly but surely the past 4 years. I am 48, almost 200 pds at 5.61/2 That is unbelievable for me. I'm getting tight in the 16's... ugh. Okay, so my point is, I have a goal this year also...to lose 50 pds. If you want to encourage each other on, that would be great. I can update you and you can update me on your progress... I have an eliptical machine that I absolutely HATE, but know that I need to use.
    Have you ever tried Alli? I bought some and never used it because I was afraid that I would get some of the side effects. How crazy is that!
    I am going to start again today.

Thanks for your post... I needed to be reminded and hope to have someone that will want to challenge each other.

HOT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear your pain. I also have resolved to this very same thing. I have done the lose 20 pounds, gain it right back when I stopped dieting. Although I never said that I was going to stop. This time I am determined as well. Maybe we can go down the journey together. I am 5'6 so I have a little height on you. We weigh the same. I started on Jan 5. Couldn't start before a Monday, could i? So far I have dropped 4 pounds. Just another 96 to go right? Actually this time I have changed by way of thinking. Instead of focusing on that big number, I am focusing on each day. What am I eating today, what excercise have I done today, etc. So far so good!

Loved And Missed TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Thanks for the support everyone..
    Melli: a kick in the pants will definetly be needed at times...lol
    BonnieM: I have tried Alli in the past but I wasn't ready yet I guess. Still ate what I wanted, so yup some side affects. Gonna try it again when I can afford it, Tried to print the 10/1 q but can't print smartsource...oh well. Good luck
    BankerBee: Start before Monday...Never.lol. i will keep everyone updated and if we all work together we can acheive our goals
    Interested in eating Organic? Come visit us at HCW's sister site: Organic Grocery Deals

Coupon Ninja
    TRADING COACH
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    STEAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    78 Thread(s)

fantastic! I have started today trying to lose my extra weight, so I will do my best to check in with you guys as well. You can kick me in the pants right back ;) (i love food) maybe kick me twice ;)
    Co - Mod for Trains
    goes woof goes meow goes tweet, and goes squeek, goes moo goes croak, and the goes toot. 's say quack, and go blub, and the goes ow, ow, ow.

Crazy Qpon Lady TRADER
    BURNING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

great! I signed up here for the lb for lb challenge Pound For Pound Challenge (link approved by mod)
    My Kids Emilee and Stormyare my world. ..Have you Hugged yourself Today?

Loved And Missed TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

I signed up for that last week...what a great way to help others!!

Loved And Missed TRADER
    SMOKIN'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

I weighed myself today: 235 woo hoo. 6 pounds, but I need to weigh in the morning. We all weigh less in the morning.

Coupon Ninja
    TRADING COACH
    TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    STEAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    78 Thread(s)

Great job! 6 pounds is a really big deal! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!
    Co - Mod for Trains

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast