Thread: My Sister and I's Personal Challange

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funstuff My Sister and I's Personal Challange

Hello,
    My name is Ashley. My sister and I have decided to challange ourselves to take a totally free trip in 2009. We have decided to use coupons and gift cards. We also do reward sites to earn Frequent Flyer Miles. Earn things from Coke Rewards to help us on our way. We hope to take the trip in November. We are deciding know on a location. Which do you guys would be the best place. Maybe places where you can walk and no car is needed? Or Free Activities. Any ideas would be a big help. Thanks! I cant wait! I will def. keep everyone updated. Thanks again for your help.

TRADER
    SPARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Sister and I's Personal Challange

Well the first thing that came to my mind was St. Louis, Mo. I live about 30 or so plus miles fwest of there and we have some amazing free things. While some "extras" might cost the admission to the St. louis Zoo, History Musuem, Art Musuem, Forest Park (larger then Central Park and its where all the above are located) are all FREE! You can walk the park to get to these. Forest Park is within walking distance of some hotels as well.

Good Luck on your adventure!!

TRADER
    SPARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to Vegas. You don't need a car and the hotels all have tons of free stuff you can do, even shows and rides. It's a great place to shop, drink, gamble, take pictures, and relax. Hotels and food are super cheap depending on where you stay. Flights are also very cheap. Good luck, I hope you 2 have fun.

TRADER
    SPARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking Vegas to.

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was amazed at how much free stuff there is to do in Washington DC when I went last April! All of the Smithsonian museums are free, plus all the monuments scattered all around.

You can get all over DC (plus out to Bethesda, Arlington, Alexandria, and other surrounding cities) using the Metro subway system. But once you get to the National Mall area, there's lots of stuff within a decent walking distance of the area!

One of my favorite lunches while we were there was at Uno Pizzeria (in Union Station), and I know they have a website that sometimes offers coupons. That was the only "chain" restaurant we ate at while we were there; we prefer the smaller, no-name places that are usually on the outskirts and/or in an older, slower part of town. We ate at a mom-and-pop type pancake place tucked away in a little center in Bethesda (a couple of blocks from our hotel) and had a great breakfast for a very affordable price!

FYI- if the hotel you choose doesn't have a free airport shuttle, find out how far your airport and hotel are from the closest Metro stop-- we learned a lot about getting around DC just on the ride from Reagan National to Bethesda!

Good luck, and let us know where you decide to go!!
    ... from a good ol' Kentucky girl!
    Check out my avatar-- my sweet tortie Annie is not fond of cameras, so this is an online look-a-like! Ain't she a cutie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for your great Ideas!! We recieved our first free item for the trip. $% to starbucks!! Ok..So its small but its something!! I also earned another 1000 frequent flyer miles from a reward site and i am now up to 15,400. I only need 25,000 to fly roundtrip in the us. We are definately looking into Vegas and New York. And hopeky..it wierd you sad Dc as we actually have a friend who is a traveling nurse there! So we are looking into that to. Have any of you guys been to NY. If so which airport did you use and where did you stay?

So far we have
    $5 to Starbucks
    15,400 Frequent Flyer Miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Also, another question. Have you guys ever had a Yard Sale? We are looking into one of those to help us out. Any tips??

TRADER IN TRAINING
    SPARKING

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't Rachael Ray have a show about eating for under $40 in different places? That would give you some ideas. It was on the Food Network. I love that channel lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats so funny!! My sister is a huge rachael ray fan. She has always wanted to eat somewhere that she ate on that show!