Admin Hottie ADMINISTRATOR
    PHOENIX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    159 Thread(s)

Help Giving Tree Gift Idea For Teenage Boy ~ 2010

Hey everyone! Today I picked a tag off of the Giving Tree for a local abuse shelter and we picked a 14 year old boy to select a gift for. Since I do not have teen boys (girls yes) I am not quite sure what to get him.

His tag says:
    Sizes:
    Shirt: 16-18
    Pants 16-18 or 30/32
    Shoes: 10 Mens
    Interests: Skateboarding, socks, biking, snowboarding, Wii games, music (rap, rock, pop), queen size bed

OK clothing is sort of a boring gift to get for Christmas (IMO) although I could get him something...socks are way dull.

Queen size bed is out of my budget so I have to work with the fact that he likes skateboarding, biking, snowboarding, wii games and music.

I am leaning towards a Wii game or two that are skateboarding, snowboarding or biking. Although I have no ideas what hot cool games are out there in those interests.

Music is such a personal choice and without specific artists I am not sure I could pick out something he likes...

So I guess my question is what cool Wii games are out there right now that are related to those sports?

We have a Wii but my kids are much younger and like things like Mario and learning games....
    Heidi - Owner & Admin of HotCouponWorld.com - "I was extreme before it was cool"

- - Our sister sites: Crock-Pot Ladies | Organic Grocery Deals | Printable Coupon Spot | Coupons To Troops

2014 Decluttering Challenge: 102/2014

TRADER
    SPARKING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Giving Tree Gift Idea For Teenage Boy

Well, if you're looking at a Wii game, and have Targets nearby, I've been finding a bunch of Wii games for $25 and less on clearance. They have sports ones as well as fighting games etc.

Dunno if that helps any though but I wanted to give a suggestion because I think its so great of you to brighten this child's holiday!

Super Swapper June '09 TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

DS1 is 15 and shares similar interests to the boy you have picked. Anything Tony Hawk or Shaun White.

↑ This Person ♥'s Someone With Autism TRADER
    FORUM MODERATOR
    ENTREPRENEUR
    INCANDESCENT
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)

When in doubt always go into a Game Stop and ask the clerks there. You can always find gently used games for way less than the new ones there. Also my brother who is 26 mind you, like skateboarding, racing bikes etc. I get him the hand skateboards.(Mini skateboards that you use your hands to play with......they have the ramps cool decal etc for them.....I can find these at Target...much better selection...Walmart has them to but you can never find anything like that in stock for too long.)
    Jessica's Wishlist
    I love a little girl with Autism!!
    ** Moderator for: Home Mailers and Restaurant Deals **

PHOENIX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    159 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1307 View Post
    DS1 is 15 and shares similar interests to the boy you have picked. Anything Tony Hawk or Shaun White.
    Tony Hawk and Shaun White! Great ideas. I knew Tony Hawk...actually have met him back in the day when he skated at Pipeline in my home town in CA but was drawing a blank on the snowboarder guy. I will take a look at Wii games from those guys. Thanks.

We don't have Target or Game Stop so I will have to just check Walmart or maybe Hastings.

What about clothes? What would be OK for us to get a teen guy that is not too lame? I am not getting him socks.
    Heidi - Owner & Admin of HotCouponWorld.com - "I was extreme before it was cool"

- - Our sister sites: Crock-Pot Ladies | Organic Grocery Deals | Printable Coupon Spot | Coupons To Troops

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as clothing, how about a hoodie? I have never seen a teen yet that didn't wear hoodies.
    Raising children(especially teens) is like being pecked to death by a chicken

In my defense, I will only bid human beings in the auction forum if it's a MM.

TRADER
    SIZZLING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or a stocking cap with a skateboarding logo.
    Raising children(especially teens) is like being pecked to death by a chicken

In my defense, I will only bid human beings in the auction forum if it's a MM.

PHOENIX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    159 Thread(s)

Those are good ideas Mama Stu! I am sure I could find a skateboarding/snowboarding hoodie or cap.

I just found this game on Amazon for only $17.99 Amazon.com: Shaun White Snowboarding Road Trip: Nintendo Wii: Video Games what do you guys think? Good deal? Something "cool" in the realm of teen boys?

Last year we picked a teen girl, much easier! LOL

The Original Dinner Guru STEAMING 3timesoccermom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You might be able to find some good games at

SecondSpin.com | Browse

He might enjoy something from a local sporting goods store where they have a good selection of skateboarding stuff.
    ....... Renee

TRADER
    FLAMING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Did he really put socks on the list? If so I would get them - dull yes but if you don't have them. Maybe he has to change for sports and has holey ones and is embarrassed? I know a guy who gets them every year from his mom and he really likes them. He loses them throughout the year or they get yucky.
    ISO Thrifty Scrapbookers - wanna to trade actuals!! Stickers, papers, washi tape, ebellishments!!

"Max, coupons are genius!" - Caroline, 2 Broke Girls

Please send me these

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast