PDA

View Full Version : WLC(weight loss challenge) 2/4/08 - Weaknesses

Cin42382
02-04-2008, 07:29:22 AM
I think one of the hardest things when I am trying to lose weight, is facing my weaknesses. So...what I would like to do, is everyone(or whoever wants to) post their weakness(es), and how they are going to try to overcome them.

My weakness: I am ALWAYS hungry, so I turn to unhealthy snacks, especially at work. (which is how I put 2 lbs back on:frown:)

My plan is to bring plenty of healthy snacks with me to work. I know that there is no way I can just not eat, because I will just eat candy or something, so I brought grapes, a banana and a low fat yogurt today, so that I "feel" like I an snacking, but with very few "calorie consequences" lol.

tacatcon
02-04-2008, 01:39:22 PM
Well my weakness is chocolate. So I just try not to have it in the house too often. If it's here I eat it! lol

I also make the mistake of having more than 2 glasses of wine sometimes at night and then the HUNGER MONSTER comes out. lol I am usually pretty good but if I've had a little too much wine, I want to eat everything. I will never give up my wine but I will try to keep to no more than 2 glasses a few times a week.

Cin42382
02-04-2008, 01:44:46 PM
Well my weakness is chocolate. So I just try not to have it in the house too often. If it's here I eat it! lol

I also make the mistake of having more than 2 glasses of wine sometimes at night and then the HUNGER MONSTER comes out. lol I am usually pretty good but if I've had a little too much wine, I want to eat everything. I will never give up my wine but I will try to keep to no more than 2 glasses a few times a week.

I'm not really a big wine drinker, but I know that feeling. I especially want anything fried and fatty after any kind of alcohol. Chocolate is sooo good :(

If I have to have it, I try to go for Dark Chocolate because it is supposedly the best for you

cam&lexysmommy
02-04-2008, 02:09:02 PM
My weaknesses are snacking too much at work on sweets and too little exercise...I am so darn tired and it seems I give into the excuse..."I don't have time!" instead of making time. I am not a big fan of exercising although I feel great after I do it!

tacatcon
02-04-2008, 02:19:38 PM
My weaknesses are snacking too much at work on sweets and too little exercise...I am so darn tired and it seems I give into the excuse..."I don't have time!" instead of making time. I am not a big fan of exercising although I feel great after I do it!

That's me too on the exercising. Though once I got myself into a routine, I really got into it and almost (gasp!) enjoyed it! lol I found what I like which is Pilates and Zumba (a latin dance exercise for cardio) and that also helps, finding something I like. But it is so easy to "not make time" we just have to do it! You and me both!

tacatcon
02-04-2008, 02:20:16 PM
MMM dark chocolate and red wine. That's what I call heaven! lol

I'm not really a big wine drinker, but I know that feeling. I especially want anything fried and fatty after any kind of alcohol. Chocolate is sooo good :(

If I have to have it, I try to go for Dark Chocolate because it is supposedly the best for you

hbaqueen
02-04-2008, 03:44:09 PM
I have so many weaknesses wed be here all day!

After I got pregnant with DS I started Snacking b/c Ive always dealt with low blood sugar attacks and then I was preggers so always hungry but my choices were 1/2 way healthy since I was pregnant. Then I had my surgery from the infection of my C-section and went on home health so there wasnt much to do so I started snacking from boredom and depression. So now I have an awful snacking addiction.

My other BIG weakness is eating out..sit down, carry out, fast food, you name it I eat it. And thats a hard one to break. I crave the stuff.

Im also a chocolate addict but the fiber one ars, 100 calorie snacks and such have helped me with that.

derketchup
02-04-2008, 04:03:31 PM
My weakness is eating out too much. It's not that it tastes good, or I crave it. It's just that I'm lazy and it's fast and relatively cheap!

cuzisaidso
02-04-2008, 04:29:22 PM
My main weakness is not stopping to eat for hours at a time. On Sat. and Sun. both I missed breakfast and lunch.

I am going to try to remember to carry snack bars with me so that I can at least have that much.

PattyC
02-08-2008, 07:05:59 AM
My weakness is anything Salty..Chips, Dips, Pretzels. Its horrible! Snacking is a weakness of mine that I trying to control!!!!

Patty C

graciesmommy30
02-11-2008, 08:29:51 AM
It was sweets for me until my doctor said that my cholesterol and triglycerides were through the roof and that i needed to lose weight NOW or basically die young. Hows that for a kick in the head? I needed it and thats why i love my doctor. Since i gave up the sweets completely, i don't crave them anymore. They say that happens. I just wish i could quit overeating "cold turkey" like i did smoking. :shrug7: