PDA

View Full Version : Getting Organized in 2008! - check-in thread 1/21/08

wendypsaves
01-21-2008, 10:01:26 AM
Howdy y'all!

I think I really do a better job staying on top of things when I post to one of these threads. So, here goes:

30 min goals:

Take back the living room, dining room, and dining room table.
3 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, put away.

3 min shuffles:

Load dishwasher
Unload dishwasher
Put away the laundry waiting in baskets

I'd also like to make it to the grocery stores - we'll see how it goes.

Whatcha got going on today?

par_kit
01-21-2008, 11:39:10 AM
My parents are visiting, so I got my bedroom all cleaned out and painted, and even got the floors clean under all the dressers and stuff since we had to move everything anyways. We also painted the dining room, so that will be the next room to get the super detailed clean! Today my main agenda is to take my van to get it inspected, and hopefully get to Target again to finish up my Electrasol coupons. I've got a load of laundry in the washing machine, so that's good. My mom has been doing most of my cleaning and stuff, so I've just been really enjoying the break! I'm hoping to get back in the main swing of things next week!!!

Amniculus
01-21-2008, 12:01:02 PM
I'm picking up everything that is on my floor. Each time I have to step over something, I'm picking it up.

I posted two items for free on our local free cycle group. Yay!! Good bye clutter.

terrortoys
01-21-2008, 12:08:49 PM
Dh and I are going to paint the bedroom well prime it all white at least I haven't picked a Paint color yet.. I have washed all the walls..

wendypsaves
01-21-2008, 12:15:41 PM
Good work everybody! I've missed y'all!

Ok, finished up the 2 loads of clothes that were waiting in the washer and dryer. My first "official" load of the day is in the dryer - number 2 is in the washer. I put away three laundry baskets full of folded clothes and FINALLY unpacked the clean clothes that were in our suitcase from last weekend.

DH loaded the dishwasher - love that man.

Jenna26
01-21-2008, 12:33:22 PM
I have:

Put away clean dishes on counter
Washed dishes in sink
Sprayed down counters and wiped off
Cleaned mine and DH's bedroom
Cleaned DS's room

Need to:

Fold laundry in dryer
Re-wash laundry in washer (forgot to put it in dryer last night); dry then fold it
Put away dishes in dishwasher
Clean DD's room (with her!)
Vacuum living room floor
Attempt to take back one kitchen counter that is covered with coupon inserts, coupon tub, and sale ads

CarrieM
01-21-2008, 12:37:25 PM
Yea!!! I missed this thread over the weeekend. I ended up staying home again today so I am trying to get a few things done.

Laundry
Go to Laundromat
Put all clothes away
Sweep living room floor
Take out trash
Empty dishwasher
Load dishwasher
Make dinner

I'm not sure who posted this last week but it was somthing about full hands in full hands out. I have been trying to go that lately and find I get alot of things where they need to be by doing this! Great idea!!!

greenfrog57
01-21-2008, 12:41:31 PM
Ok -- I am trying out this thread today LOL
I folded the 2 sets of laundry leftover from yesterday -- still DD'd to go
I need to put all the laundry away plus finish today's 3 loads (1 in washer and 1 in dryer now)
I also need to vacuum and wash kitchen floor.
I already enlisted DS to clean up after himself and his sister since he is off from school.
We are having leftovers for dinner, so I might also find time to clip and sort my coupons.

dandylion
01-21-2008, 12:42:13 PM
I want to join in on this! I am new, so work with me.

I have a maid coming tomorrow to clean, so no matter what I have to get the house picked up for her to come.

I would also like to make a run to CVS, Target and Costco.
Anyone know where to get a good deal on a twin size bed? My mom is coming into town on Wed, and I need a place for her to sleep!

handbaglover812
01-21-2008, 01:26:39 PM
I'm so sorry that I have not posted in a while. Just been lazy bum on the coach after work.
Going to tackle the hall linen closet. Wash and Fold hopefully all the laundry that I have. Husband just came back form business trip so have lots to wash.

queenofthehivemomof5
01-21-2008, 01:39:47 PM
We had a really busy last few days. Lots just going on. Woke up this AM to -9 degrees and one of our heaters was not working downstairs. The living room was colder than outside it felt like.

This weekend I got ALL laundry DONE and PUT AWAY! Big huge feat, I did like 22 loads of laundry. We had a minor melt down on my part too when I found that my DD's had dumped thier clean clothes from last week on thier closet floor and the cat peed all over them. I was pretty livid and it took hot water and some oxi clean to get rid of the smell. I was just about at the point where either the cat needed to go or the girls! (Just kidding..we are getting the male cat fixed this month though)

I also got my bedroom cleaned, moved a dresser, put some stockpile stuff in storage for yard sale, and declutterd a bit. DH and I need to get to our closet though. It is in pretty bad shape.

Todays goals are not much. I have HCW work to get done mainly, some trades to get in the mail, and then DH is putting in 2 closet poles in the little kids room and I am planning on getting thier closet in order. Right now they are napping so that will happen later in the day.

I also had a melt down this weekend over getting help from my DH. It happens about every 2 months and he promisis that hewill help out more but it does not happen. Last night he cleaned the kitchen and I did the living room. That felt great to wake up to a clean downstairs. I pray that we can keep that up. With a tiny house and many people it gets junky looking really fast it feels like.

MrsPinecone
01-21-2008, 02:53:14 PM
I finally completed a few projects that have been looming over my head.

I made 2 ring slings for a neighbor whose daughters are having babies. She paid me for them, too. Yahoo!

I also sewed two flannel crib sheets for the Pinenut. I had bought the Land's End sheet to make them ages ago and it sat staring at me for months.

I did a few small repairs while I had the sewing basket out... and I put all of the stuff away when I was done.

It took a lot longer than 30 minutes, but I am SO glad that's all done.

spadesbouncer
01-21-2008, 05:10:50 PM
well i did not know we were checking in everyday .... lol.. but i would love to...

today i ripped out a toilet and replaced a toilet... then i took out a bath tub and shower and am working on another toilet.. I have one more screw untill i have the sink and cabinet out... i will probably get that done today...i have had to use a hacksaw to get them off..

I also have ripped out the heating and air conditioning unit in the laundry room... i am going to make storage shelves int there... we have went to window units for air and other heat for winter.. where i live there is not very much cold... when they went out they wanted like 5 grand to replace them,,, not me... too cheap for that... so i am using the space..

I have emptied my son's room and have started laying the new floor...I am half way there are ran out of screws... am on my way to home depot tomorrow...

Other than laundry and dishes i have not done much else today.. tomorrow is another day...

Oh yeah.. when i ripped out the heating unit i fried the breaker in the box.. i have no dishwasher and no hot water heater... I have been boiling water for baths for 2 days and dishes also... Tomorrow i get to get a new breaker...LOL...

Have fun everyone and i will try to post everyday like we are supposed to...

stephanie

Kristen.C
01-21-2008, 05:18:28 PM
I have been going through my pile of recipes and articles that I've collected from all of my magazines and filing them in a binder that I keep for such things. The magazine baskets got cleaned out last week and the old magazines were recycled, I just hadn't tackled the remnant pile yet.

Hubby and I went to Ikea to exchange a lamp that has been sitting around in its box for almost 3 weeks. I have that put together and in its proper place.

I took the time today to make a plan for the rest of the week with the things I'd like to complete so we'll see how that all goes.

mshopper
01-21-2008, 05:25:54 PM
I cleaned out the cabinets that hold my plastic food storage containers. DD helped me match containers with lids (I have a whole lot of extra lids :shrug7:) and I filled 2 Giant Eagle bags with containers that belong to my mom. No wonder I didn't have any room in there! :whistle:

SammysMom
01-21-2008, 05:34:22 PM
I did nothing today. Ok well I cleaned the pots and a pan from last nights dinner and I got my Beef stew started. Just did a "taste sample" and its YUM-O LOL
Tonight I plan on going through my inserts for a trade.
Tomorrow's a new day so Im sure I will get alot more done.

queenofthehivemomof5
01-21-2008, 07:53:26 PM
I cleaned out the cabinets that hold my plastic food storage containers. DD helped me match containers with lids (I have a whole lot of extra lids :shrug7:) and I filled 2 Giant Eagle bags with containers that belong to my mom. No wonder I didn't have any room in there! :whistle:

That is going to be my goal for tomarow! My mothers motto is "the gal with the most tupperware wins!" LOL My tupperware cupboard is overflowing!:rolleyes24: