PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Key West & Key Largo tips. Places to stay, things to do

bugface711
04-08-2012, 09:00:33 AM
Last year hubs and I did our first ever ALONE vacation. Part of it was 2 days in Key West & 1 day in Key Largo. We loved it!

So much in fact, we are going back this year for a longer time.

I am looking for some tips on any hotels people have stayed at and either loved or hated. Same thing for places and activities that are must see/must do.

flights are already booked. I have of course been using the travel sites for ideas, but I always trust my fellow couponers for good ideas.

I do wait till the last minute to book so I get some great deals. Last year much to my hubby's dismay we didnt book a few nights stays ahead of time, we booked on priceline the day of and got some great deals LOL.

vickib50
05-25-2012, 12:58:24 PM
Never been there, although it's on our "bucket" list. I've found hotels in Key Largo are $$$$$. Key West is a bit more affordable. I would definitely find time to see Hemmingway's 6-toed cats. I think there's a local law that says you can't have them spayed or neutered and there are many, many of them. We are planning a trip there for next March, probably. I will have enough Hilton points for a free week at a Doubletree in KW.