PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about sending IP in envies??

Jan-from-Kansas
03-28-2012, 07:22:15 AM
I am looking at others Wishlists and can see that I can fulfill some of their wishes by sending IP (internet printables). My question is sending IP a good idea? Do others mind getting IP?? Also, with the incidence of Q fraud, it makes me nervous sending them since they can be traced back to my computer. I know that HCW does a wonderful job of trying to weed the scammers, but I was wanting to get some seasoned (or not :wink7: ) HCW couponers opinions! Thank you in advance for your input.

Jan-from-Kansas
03-28-2012, 07:24:30 AM
Clairfication- not that I would send fraudulent Qs, rather they can be copied without my consent after I send them in the mail.

chitownmelli
03-28-2012, 07:27:40 AM
I accept them from people who I know well from the board, and send them out to people I trust when I have them :)

Jen1
03-28-2012, 07:28:15 AM
I don't often print them though, but I guess it would depend on whom I am sending them to.

shelleyf
03-28-2012, 07:28:46 AM
Great question. I do not trade IPs at all. I used to trade them a long time ago but hardly even print them myself. Also the people I traded with and it wasn't many times were the ones that have been here forever that I talked to on a weekly or so basis. For some reason when I try to print them from certain sites it gives my computer a virus EVERY time! The coupon bar seems like a neat idea but it gives me a virus so I can't use it. I know others that do but it doesn't like me, lol My husband doesn't like IPs anyway because you are right it will be traced back to you if something goes wrong. I don't think it is fair and also if the store employees would make a copy or copies of your coupon it would still come back to you and that is not right. I don't want to take a chance and also usually people that want printables from my experience and reading on here a ton of IP for a few measly coupons. So not worth my time and ink. Just some things to think about.

meggers
03-28-2012, 07:30:55 AM
I don't trade IP's in general. I must know the person well. Very, very well. And I must know that, should they not use it, it will be destroyed & not traded forward.

Plenty have been blocked from printing sites & from what I understand, it's not just the ISP, but the computer itself that gets blocked. :sad3:

judy27
03-28-2012, 07:35:59 AM
If I received IP's in a trade, I, most likely, would not use them or send them on to anyone else.

I only send or receive IP's from people that I know very well. :biggrin:

jeffcocouponlady
03-28-2012, 07:44:56 AM
I myself send IP but I normally try to see who I am sending them to. I always hope people will use them appropriately. I have used IP that have been sent to me as well because it came out of my wishlist. Hopefully it will never come to me not wanting to take out IP of my wishlist or out of one of my options of sending coupons to people but it is a matter of trust.

motherofmolly
03-28-2012, 07:54:06 AM
i love ip's....i love to use them and print them for myself....i will print for other members ..normally for long term members or those that i know and have traded with before.

the baddies do ruin it for everyone else

joshmamabear
03-28-2012, 08:18:04 AM
I don't use a lot of IPs but the few that I use are the ones I printed from the website. I stay away from pdf IPs with unlimited prints when I read people are printing them by the hundreds to get freebies/cash back.

I don't trade IPs but I send some to those I've known for years. I'd rather be safe than sorry after reading a lot of stories on the net where they get flagged by NA and RP after copied IPs were traced to their computer.

joshmamabear
03-28-2012, 08:21:39 AM
Clairfication- not that I would send fraudulent Qs, rather they can be copied without my consent after I send them in the mail.There have been people who were generous enough to print IPs for others only to find out later they got flagged because the person they sent it to printed hundreds of them and sold them on ebay.

Since we cannot control what other people do with coupons we send, we just have to be very careful or better yet, if we're doubtful, DON'T.

Jan-from-Kansas
03-28-2012, 08:59:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your input! I was having some of the same concerns after sending some IP's in a trade. The good news is I traded with one of the Mods, so I think I am safe there!! I will keep these tips in mind in future trades! :encourage19:

judy27
03-28-2012, 10:01:29 AM
There have been people who were generous enough to print IPs for others only to find out later they got flagged because the person they sent it to printed hundreds of them and sold them on ebay.

Since we cannot control what other people do with coupons we send, we just have to be very careful or better yet, if we're doubtful, DON'T.

Very true!!! We have NO control on what happens on the other end!!!

434Teresa
03-29-2012, 10:38:52 AM
I dont feel that its a good ideal, unless you know the person.

~~Who,Me?~~
04-01-2012, 04:06:02 PM
There have been people who were generous enough to print IPs for others only to find out later they got flagged because the person they sent it to printed hundreds of them and sold them on ebay.

Yeah, this.

christj13
04-01-2012, 04:16:04 PM
I love IP's and have traded them before. Never had a problem...but there is always a few bad eggs that spoil it. So, now that i have read this post...I might not do it again. :(

roseoforlando
04-11-2012, 11:48:46 AM
I don't send IP's, if someone sends them to me I normally do not use them unless I have done several trades with them (my Freind above). Because on my end I don't want to be known as a BAD couponer either. And I certainly don't want to lose my printing abilty for those q's I really want.

tndee
04-11-2012, 02:12:07 PM
I love ip's! With that said, I've never had a problem using them nor have I had a problem trading them so far. I sometimes ask for ip's that I really want because I have met my print limit of 2 per mac address (the addy that each computer has). I've used ip's received from other people and never had an issue. With that being said, the ones I have asked for have been either from the mfg website or from coupons.com (sometimes facebook coupons but they print mostly from coupons.com or smartsource). I also hope that anyone trading with me would know I would only do an honest trade and not be scared of my ip's.

Quite honestly, if the other person has a good trader rating, I've never even considered not using the ip's they offer in trades. I often have access to baby coupons (ip's) and I don't have a baby, so I gladly trade those to people who do have babies or I can use pets as the same example. If I ever get burned, I guess I'll go back and rethink but for now I'm all about trading ip's.

tori729
05-16-2012, 05:38:18 PM
Hmm, I never thought about the whole tracing it back to me and getting blocked, etc. Whoops! I am happy to trade IPs w/ people but I think now I will only do it w/ those I've traded with before/have good rep on here.

CMArch
05-16-2012, 06:21:17 PM
Wow!........You learn something NEW everyday!

I had NO IDEA about any of this with the IP'S.....
I didn't know they could be traced back to me and get me blocked if anything
should happen......WOW!

I have traded and received IP's and I like to get IP's sometimes I really need them!
It never even occurred to me that someone would take them and copy them.
All this new info can make one pause and take note tho.

vica
05-16-2012, 06:41:57 PM
I like IPs and appreciate when somebody is printing for me of my WL. What amazes me is that i often find IPs at the stores (coupon fairy i guess) - that's too risky.
I just destroy unused IPs - printed by me or by others.