PDA

View Full Version : Session 2: 2012 Biggest Loser Challenge March 1 through ?

kimandkathess
02-29-2012, 04:11:10 PM
:smile:Welcome to the 2012 Biggest Loser Challenge! :smile:
(Remember, anyone can edit the Wiki)

Here is the new wiki for the new us! We have done so well and thanks to cody for the idea on how to hopefully spruce things up and get it to liven back up.

brokenangel
02-29-2012, 04:51:01 PM
Got a new scale today and I have entered my begining weight. My weigh in will be wednesdays.

isabel
02-29-2012, 05:17:02 PM
I've added myself. I really have to get on track!

Maybe this round I can do even better, just need to kick up the exercise.

kimandkathess
02-29-2012, 05:42:16 PM
Yeah! so happy to see you both posting! I would do multi quote but i could never figure that out.

IntoTheMystic
02-29-2012, 05:56:17 PM
Do you know what is missing from the Wiki? Everyone's beginning weight. I know some of you gals have lost a lot, but you can't tell by reading the Wiki :smile:

kimandkathess
02-29-2012, 06:04:27 PM
Maybe everyone who is still interested could post their beginning weight. I was going to post the very first weigh in but some people came in after the first weight in. I will put a spot in the wiki for it.

434Teresa
02-29-2012, 07:19:50 PM
I just wanted to say good luck to you all. I started a new program today after doing WW only to gain over the past few months. I was told to throw my scale out for now so since I cant weigh every week. I will just come here to support you guys and to help myself stay in the "GO" mode by seeing you all lose.

I love the Biggest Loser show.

xmas tree
02-29-2012, 08:28:00 PM
Got a new scale today and I have entered my begining weight. My weigh in will be wednesdays.

Scale:biggrin:

Exercise isn't my strong point either:giggle2:

Yeah! so happy to see you both posting! I would do multi quote but i could never figure that out.

You just click the multi symbol.

Maybe everyone who is still interested could post their beginning weight. I was going to post the very first weigh in but some people came in after the first weight in. I will put a spot in the wiki for it.

I don't remember what I started with:sad3:

kimandkathess
03-02-2012, 07:54:52 AM
ugh, tried to go for a run, tooo cold and too windy....

434Teresa
03-02-2012, 08:05:44 AM
strong winds here but I walked two miles anyway.

cody82414
03-03-2012, 05:53:12 PM

Fantastic!:BigHand:

Weighing in on the same day of the week
at about the same time of the day
on the same scale

can help reduce fluctuations that may throw us off of our goals.

cody82414
03-03-2012, 05:59:59 PM

Definately! :smile:

Eating healthier and Exercise go hand in hand!!

cody82414
03-03-2012, 06:03:44 PM
I just wanted to say good luck to you all. I started a new program today after doing WW only to gain over the past few months. I was told to throw my scale out for now so since I cant weigh every week. I will just come here to support you guys and to help myself stay in the "GO" mode by seeing you all lose.

I love the Biggest Loser show.

you just keep on with your exercising!!
seriously
and you will most likely change your eating habits for the better!!

When you bust your butt sweating it out
you definately are less inclined to pile the food in!

:BigHand:

xmas tree
03-03-2012, 08:16:36 PM
Today is our anniversary - I don't even want to think about weigh in tomorrow - it will be bad.

cody82414
03-03-2012, 08:39:40 PM
Today is our anniversary - I don't even want to think about weigh in tomorrow - it will be bad.
one day off
then get right back on track:smile:

434Teresa
03-03-2012, 09:06:12 PM
you just keep on with your exercising!!
seriously
and you will most likely change your eating habits for the better!!

When you bust your butt sweating it out
you definately are less inclined to pile the food in!

I have to keep checking these threads so you guys can keep me going on bad days...

IntoTheMystic
03-04-2012, 05:12:34 AM
ugh, tried to go for a run, tooo cold and too windy....

YAY, Kat! I didn't know you are running. Good girl! The pounds will fly off even faster, and you'll feel great. :giggle2:

isabel
03-04-2012, 05:47:54 AM
Well, nothing lost again. At least I've been able to maintain what I have lost.

It's so stressful for me right now. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook and not just give up.

IntoTheMystic
03-04-2012, 07:06:16 AM
Okay, Guys, I've been on self-destruct. I lost about 5 pounds when I started the challenge on Jan 1, and then gained it all back plus some. I seem to have no self-control, none of my clothes fit, and I feel like a dumpy, middle-aged woman. Dang it! I weighed in this morning. 161.8. I haven't been this heavy since Oct 2006. I know what I have to do, why can't I do it?

cody82414
03-04-2012, 07:10:27 AM
ladies,
please keep in mind
that it's not only a matter of the mindset
but that of breaking habits.

And at times
habits have been formed for long periods of times
and they work for some reason
(or else why would you continue with them?)

explore deeply
the reasons behind the behavior
and give yourself the patience, self-love and grace
until you come to the realizations
that will open the doors you are heading into.

kimandkathess
03-04-2012, 07:44:35 AM
YAY, Kat! I didn't know you are running. Good girl! The pounds will fly off even faster, and you'll feel great. :giggle2:

I know I can't wait to be able to do it more often, DH is going to be running with me. It felt really good to do it the other day even if I couldnt finish because of the weather,

We have a couple of runners here in my little town that go out rain, snow or shine! Very dedicated. Hopefully someday I will be up to that.

kimandkathess
03-04-2012, 07:48:01 AM
I have noticed that one of my problems is I overeat at 2 certain times.

1. When im stressed
1. When im boared.

If i let things get to me or just do nothing all day i will overeat, i try to keep myself busy but with what my body is going through with these autoimmune diseases it makes me so tired, sometimes it seems just like a vicious cycle.

ffagirl15
03-04-2012, 09:46:18 AM
Okay, Guys, I've been on self-destruct. I lost about 5 pounds when I started the challenge on Jan 1, and then gained it all back plus some. I seem to have no self-control, none of my clothes fit, and I feel like a dumpy, middle-aged woman. Dang it! I weighed in this morning. 161.8. I haven't been this heavy since Oct 2006. I know what I have to do, why can't I do it?
Do you have anyone who could be your accountability partner? Maybe someone who is willing to exercise with you or just call you every so often to see how you are doing? I'm having a hard time myself. Where I live I don't really have anyone that I could ask to do that.

And at times
habits have been formed for long periods of times
and they work for some reason
(or else why would you continue with them?)

Exactly, I've heard over and over, you didn't form them overnight or gain overnight so you can't change overnight. Small steps add up and can over time change those habits.

I think I may finally be starting to get a little motivation. Hopefully I'll be able to get going some more. Plus starting March 18th, the Walk Across Arkansas program is starting. It's a semi-competition where you log how many minutes you do physical activity each day, aiming for the CDC's recommended 30 minutes a day. I am hoping to get myself going with walking and pulling out some of the DVDs that are gathering dust in my living room.

xmas tree
03-04-2012, 10:13:08 AM
Sooo, I gained. Exactly as I expected.

This week I will be good again - back to the radishes:giggle2:

IntoTheMystic
03-04-2012, 11:23:17 AM
Do you have anyone who could be your accountability partner? Maybe someone who is willing to exercise with you or just call you every so often to see how you are doing? I'm having a hard time myself. Where I live I don't really have anyone that I could ask to do that.

Yes, I do. DH doesn't get it, and I swear he sabotages me, but I have a coworker who I've teamed up with in the past. We've always been good influences on each other. She just started getting healthy again, so that's why I'm back in the challenge...she is inspiring me. No way am I going to be working next to another skinny chic and she's on her way. So I have to be, too.

I've done good today. Did my PT and have eaten healthy all day, despite the fact that I am working on our tax returns :sad3:

434Teresa
03-05-2012, 04:16:09 PM
I feel like alot of people around here sabotage me. I dont tell them but onice they find out or see that I have lost they will start up.

cody82414
03-05-2012, 04:39:24 PM
I feel like alot of people around here sabotage me. I dont tell them but onice they find out or see that I have lost they will start up.
around here = HCW??

434Teresa
03-05-2012, 05:41:32 PM
around here = HCW??

no at home...you know people that are not into it but want to lose/feel better but have all the reason not to do it themself(lol). My mom is the worst with the negtive crap. I have told her many time if it ant something good dont say it at all. My hubby and kids always seem to start asking me to bake this or that. You know just those types of things.

kimandkathess
03-05-2012, 07:12:49 PM
i am just struggling this week, im not going back up over 180, thats for sure, but i just have to get back in my grove, im so mad, i should have been at 169 by now :(

kimandkathess
03-05-2012, 07:29:20 PM
By the way, week 8 winner...from previous thread is xmastree....CONGRATS!!!!

434Teresa
03-05-2012, 09:06:32 PM
i am just struggling this week, im not going back up over 180, thats for sure, but i just have to get back in my grove, im so mad, i should have been at 169 by now :(

Dont think of it as where you should be. Think of it as where you are now as to where you were at at the start. Right now I wish I was at 180, I have a long way to go to get there.

I had to MAKE myself go out and walk today,so I know how you feel today. I just really did not want to do it at all. Found myself coming up with reasons not to walk but I told myslef its just that I want to be lazy,got up and got it done.

So when you are making yourself do your workout for that day just know that you are not alone. Somewhere out there someone else feels the same way you do.

kimandkathess
03-06-2012, 11:43:42 AM
Well i weighed in at 178.6 today :(

jenrose
03-06-2012, 12:48:23 PM
I just realized there was a new thread. I'm a little slow LOL!

cody82414
03-06-2012, 02:33:39 PM
no at home...you know people that are not into it but want to lose/feel better but have all the reason not to do it themself(lol). My mom is the worst with the negtive crap. I have told her many time if it ant something good dont say it at all. My hubby and kids always seem to start asking me to bake this or that. You know just those types of things.

yes, I get this as well.

stay strong when you can
and try not to let anyone get you down
or take you away from your goal

IntoTheMystic
03-06-2012, 03:21:30 PM
Day 3 for me. I do well during the day. My schedule is so regimented there. And then I get home, and I'm stressed/tired/bored/overwhelmed and all I can think about is food. :dontknow1: I'm concentrating on making only healthy food choices, rather than starving myself this time. I keep telling myself the first few days are the hardest...

cody82414
03-06-2012, 05:12:33 PM
does anyone use calculators to figure out how many calories you need in a day
or how many/much protein you should consume in a day?
et al

kimandkathess
03-06-2012, 08:12:30 PM
I use a calculator.

xmas tree
03-06-2012, 08:44:28 PM
does anyone use calculators to figure out how many calories you need in a day
or how many/much protein you should consume in a day?
et al

I use my fitnesspal but lifestrong.com is also good.

kimandkathess
03-07-2012, 09:03:54 AM
i also use myfitnesspal on my ipod. I was so happy to go for a 3 mile walk with dh today.

Kulis
03-07-2012, 11:37:12 AM
Down half a pound this week.
This sugar fast is not working the way I'd hoped. I thought it would jumpstart something and I'd see a big loss. Wrong.
At least I'm headed in the right direction.

IntoTheMystic
03-07-2012, 02:27:44 PM
DAy 4 and I'm still going strong. :biggrin:

jenrose
03-07-2012, 02:39:41 PM
Still trying to keep up with exercising. If only the scale would cooperate LOL

isabel
03-07-2012, 05:48:01 PM
I went walking with dd this evening, then shot some basketball with my brother and nephews. It felt good to get outside.

brokenangel
03-07-2012, 06:41:37 PM
the scale stayed the same this week. Better than going up, I guess.

434Teresa
03-07-2012, 07:48:09 PM
Hang in there. If i can hang in there you can to!

cody82414
03-07-2012, 10:45:04 PM
Keep it going ladies!

*Positive attitudes
*healthy food choices
*activity

IntoTheMystic
03-08-2012, 03:13:31 PM
Keep it going ladies!

*Positive attitudes
*healthy food choices
*activity

Oh, yeh, baby...I'm rockin' it this week. Day 5 for me. Positive attitude? check. Healthy food choices? Check! Activity? Check!

65 degrees here today and spring and summer are coming. YAY!

cody82414
03-08-2012, 04:11:34 PM
Oh, yeh, baby...I'm rockin' it this week. Day 5 for me. Positive attitude? check. Healthy food choices? Check! Activity? Check!

65 degrees here today and spring and summer are coming. YAY!

Fantastic!!:BigHand:

keep it up:smile:

isabel
03-08-2012, 04:53:09 PM
Another walk today. I enjoy getting outside this time of year. Good temperatures and the humidity hasn't kicked in yet.

kimandkathess
03-08-2012, 05:00:40 PM
im having a rough day, my laptop got infected twice with the same virus, a sick child at daycare, and had an extra kid longer than expected today....

isabel
03-09-2012, 07:30:21 PM
It was a little bit chiller this evening but still managed to go for a walk with my mom. Now if I could quit eating so many chocolate covered pomegranates. I love those things!

IntoTheMystic
03-09-2012, 07:32:26 PM
Hope everyone is having a good week? Day 6 for me and still eating healthy. Let's hope the scale reflects that on Sunday. :smile:

IntoTheMystic
03-11-2012, 06:35:09 AM
Just weighed-in. I lost 4.8 pounds this week. I'm doing the happy dance.
:hd2::dance87::dance7::dance43::hd1:

cody82414
03-11-2012, 06:41:17 AM

hard work pays off!!
GREAT for you!!!:BigHand:

IntoTheMystic
03-11-2012, 07:27:23 AM
Looks like we never declared a week 9 winner?
Congrats FFAGIRL15 !!!

:smileyparty::party25::party77:

everprincess
03-11-2012, 07:28:45 AM
Congrats to everyone and the progress you have made.

I'm stuck at 15 lbs right now. I had lost 3 lbs during the week but the scale this morning said I was the same as last Sunday. Got to keep working harder!

isabel
03-11-2012, 07:35:57 AM
I'm getting frustrated and embarrassed to even post my results. Afer starting to exercise I actually gained 2 lbs. I was feeling good about this past week until I stepped on the scale this morning. Boy do I really need to get things under control.

I'm either eating too many calories or it's the stress from work. I just have to figure things out, I don't want to gain anymore.

xmas tree
03-11-2012, 07:41:23 AM

Congratulations:party47:

Girl you are an inspiration.

Okay, seing your results just confirms that I am a lazy butt.
Will change that this week.

I weight 163.6 this morning:sad3:

IntoTheMystic
03-11-2012, 07:46:56 AM
Congratulations:party47:

Girl you are an inspiration.

Okay, seing your results just confirms that I am a lazy butt.
Will change that this week.

I weight 163.6 this morning:sad3:

Hey, XMASTREE- that means you lost weight this week, so that's a good thing. Don't forget, this is week 1 for me (cuz I dropped out for several weeks), and that's always the biggest loss. I am trying NOT to diet this time. Just healthy food choices that are as close to nature as possible- so I've been eating a ton of almonds, avocados, granola, raisins, etc in between meals, and just focusing on not adding any fats to my meals- so no mayo, butter, dressings, etc. I just can't do the 800 calorie diets anymore. Too painful. So I'm looking at little changes for long term results. Who knows? Maybe it'll work :dontknow1:

cody82414
03-11-2012, 07:58:06 AM
Hey, XMASTREE- that means you lost weight this week, so that's a good thing. Don't forget, this is week 1 for me (cuz I dropped out for several weeks), and that's always the biggest loss. I am trying NOT to diet this time. Just healthy food choices that are as close to nature as possible- so I've been eating a ton of almonds, avocados, granola, raisins, etc in between meals, and just focusing on not adding any fats to my meals- so no mayo, butter, dressings, etc. I just can't do the 800 calorie diets anymore. Too painful. So I'm looking at little changes for long term results. Who knows? Maybe it'll work :dontknow1:
don't forget to add that you are trying to be more active.
activity!!!:smile:

ffagirl15
03-11-2012, 08:30:14 AM
Wow, I was the winner last week? Hmm, well that makes me feel really lazy this week b/c I almost gained that whole thing back, blah!
174.8 lbs this morning

jenrose
03-11-2012, 10:00:15 AM
Last night while DH was on the eliptical I was looking thru stuff trying to make some progress on the mess I call a family room. I opened a drawer to find a newspaper that I had forgotten about. It was actually a snowmoible paper thing that had a picture of DH & I in it from about 9 years ago. Looking at that paper made me realize just how much weight we have both gained in that time frame! Motivation I tell ya!

After DH was done on the eliptical I got on it. I pushed my self a little harder than I had been. I only did an extra 2 minutes but on a harder workout where I burned over 100 more calories than I usually do.

IntoTheMystic
03-11-2012, 11:03:10 AM
Last night while DH was on the eliptical I was looking thru stuff trying to make some progress on the mess I call a family room. I opened a drawer to find a newspaper that I had forgotten about. It was actually a snowmoible paper thing that had a picture of DH & I in it from about 9 years ago. Looking at that paper made me realize just how much weight we have both gained in that time frame! Motivation I tell ya!

After DH was done on the eliptical I got on it. I pushed my self a little harder than I had been. I only did an extra 2 minutes but on a harder workout where I burned over 100 more calories than I usually do.

Great job on the elliptical! And I'm glad you and your hubby are doing it together. Makes it more fun/easier. My work partner and I are both on track now (again).

I KWUM about pics- I have a couple of photos that I keep around. On my computer desktop I keep a picture of me from Aug 2010 that I was 138# in. That was a comfortable size for me, and I stayed that weight for about 3 years without much effort. At work I keep a "before" picture on my deskl in which I was my heaviest and I looked so middle-aged- polka shirt, rolls of fat, short brownish middle aged poofy hair. (Sometimes my students will ask me who is in that pic?) That's my "I ain't never going back there" photo. I keep a pic of me also from a 5-k that I ran (I use that term loosely) with a friend- I was in great shape in that pic. So, yup, pics do/can work.

I am working on strengthening my core (doing some PT exercises for my ITB band issue) so that I can run regularly again. I'm am carrying this extra weight, and it keeps flaring up. I am bound and determined to fix it, though.

IntoTheMystic
03-11-2012, 11:05:17 AM
Yooo Hoooo, Kat! Calling Kat! Where are you? You started this mess, you can't leave us :wink7:

ffagirl15
03-11-2012, 12:42:47 PM
I don't have a picture that I can use, but I can see how that would help. Right now is still close to the heaviest I've been. I was 145 when I left high school. At that point I didn't have most of the natural curves I have now (and I don't really mean fat either) so I really don't have an image of what my "ideal" weight would look like. I have slowly gained weight in the 9 years since then. I guess I'll just have to be surprised when I get there!

IntoTheMystic
03-11-2012, 01:43:31 PM
I don't have a picture that I can use, but I can see how that would help. Right now is still close to the heaviest I've been. I was 145 when I left high school. At that point I didn't have most of the natural curves I have now (and I don't really mean fat either) so I really don't have an image of what my "ideal" weight would look like. I have slowly gained weight in the 9 years since then. I guess I'll just have to be surprised when I get there!

I think you'll know when you get there. I've been as high as 200# and as low as 127# over the past 12 years. At 127# I was dieting (1,200 cal a day?), and running 5 days a week, and it was impossible to maintain. And I admit now I looked a little too thin. I have big boobs, and that's just the way it is. I am never going to be a petite, lithe person. 133# is a good weight for me when I'm running and 138# is a good weight for me when I'm not. At those weights, I can eat healthy and like a normal person with occasional treats (like cake for a special occasion) and maintain the weight. The problem I have is that I am addicted to food. Seriously. I eat when I'm stressed, and when I'm depressed, and especially when I'm pushing down feelings. When I do that for long enough- I end up where I am now. Not a happy place.

Anyway, back to you...I think you'll know when you get there by how you feel and how your clothes fit you and how easy/hard it is to maintain. If you're struggling to maintain it, it ain't your ideal weight.

434Teresa
03-11-2012, 08:27:21 PM

yeh I wonder what I will look like thin to..I was stick thin in high school,lol that was many years ago. with each child came more weight to stay. The my health and steriods added more.

trvaliant
03-12-2012, 11:01:28 AM
Finally saw there was a new thread...oops.

jenrose
03-12-2012, 11:07:39 AM
I was 125 before I had kids. I don't think I'll ever get back to that weight but would be happy to get down to 135. That picture I saw that really opened my eyes was probably about 120lbs so I don't expect to ever get back to that photo but what amazed me more was how tiny DH looked. His weight has gone up slowly over time unlike mine that was the result of each pregnancy piling up so it seemed to come on more quickly. So it didn't dawn on me exactly how much DH has gained since we got together all those years ago.

xmas tree
03-12-2012, 03:07:43 PM
I was good today. Went for a walk with the dog for about 45 minutes.
Got the veggies ready for tonight.
Shopping planned with my daughter tomorrow, which means running around in the mall for hours - I think that qualifies as exercise.:hysterical:

kimandkathess
03-12-2012, 03:26:09 PM
I am here!!!!! I did not leave! Sorry, with these autoimmune dissorders somtimes i get in funks where all i feel like doing is sleeping. Im having some more energy right now. Sorry....I hope you still love me LOL.

I am weighing in today at 178.6. I have started working out again and eating better than i have been. Hoping for a good number this next monday :) When i get so tired I am just useless...

Into the mystic- Congrats on the super weight loss:smile:
In fact you are all doing so great, keep up the great work:BigHand:!

IntoTheMystic
03-12-2012, 03:40:09 PM
I am here!!!!! I did not leave! Sorry, with these autoimmune dissorders somtimes i get in funks where all i feel like doing is sleeping. Im having some more energy right now. Sorry....I hope you still love me LOL.

I am weighing in today at 178.6. I have started working out again and eating better than i have been. Hoping for a good number this next monday :) When i get so tired I am just useless...

Into the mystic- Congrats on the super weight loss:smile:
In fact you are all doing so great, keep up the great work:BigHand:!,

Kat, glad you're okay! and yes, we still love you.

434Teresa
03-12-2012, 04:10:17 PM
I was 125 before I had kids. I don't think I'll ever get back to that weight but would be happy to get down to 135. That picture I saw that really opened my eyes was probably about 120lbs so I don't expect to ever get back to that photo but what amazed me more was how tiny DH looked. His weight has gone up slowly over time unlike mine that was the result of each pregnancy piling up so it seemed to come on more quickly. So it didn't dawn on me exactly how much DH has gained since we got together all those years ago.

My hubby is the same way. He is not big but now has a big belly. He was a 28/32 when we got together now he is a 34/32. He wants to get rid of the belly but dont want to workout to do so. Its not to to bad right now but I keep him that its only going to get worse. He wont even go walk with me,says to many people look at him, LOL I told him no they are looking at big oh me huffing with every step..

I am hopeing as he sees me do good, he will want to do it to. It was his B-day yesterday and I got a small cake. I had a very small pice then when we were done I took to my neighbors house. I told him I did not want it here for it was to hard for me not to eat ALL..it was so good the 4/5 bites I had that is.

I was able to walk 2 milies today. I was thinking of walking one more but my knee was really hurtting because of all the rain. As I set down in my van its startes pouring down rain,out of no where.. talking about all the walkers becomming runners lol.

kimandkathess
03-12-2012, 04:56:13 PM
My dh is lucky in a way. He wants to lose 30 to 40 pounds, but al his weight is in his belly! He's got the skinniest butt and legs! I have to lose weight on every inch of my body. The lightest I was ever at was 130lbs. That was when I was 18 yrs old. I had my first child 4 days before my 19th bday and have been overweight ever since. I will be 29 august 12th this year and i so badly want to be at my desired weight. It is bad enough that I have gray hair at 28 I don't want to be this young and be overweight and with gray hair, it doesn't make me feel very well.....

IntoTheMystic
03-12-2012, 06:11:13 PM
My dh is lucky in a way. He wants to lose 30 to 40 pounds, but al his weight is in his belly! He's got the skinniest butt and legs! I have to lose weight on every inch of my body. The lightest I was ever at was 130lbs. That was when I was 18 yrs old. I had my first child 4 days before my 19th bday and have been overweight ever since. I will be 29 august 12th this year and i so badly want to be at my desired weight. It is bad enough that I have gray hair at 28 I don't want to be this young and be overweight and with gray hair, it doesn't make me feel very well.....

Kat- Don't worry about the gray hair- it's easily fixed. :smile: As for your weight, I've seen pictures of you and you are lucky- you are one of those people who carries weight well. I bet no one would guess your current weight. Don't worry, just take one day at a time and it'll come off. And 29 is so young! Believe me. Your body will bounce right back with some exercise (and a good bra and some spanks :wink7:). Just wait and see.

kimandkathess
03-12-2012, 07:33:55 PM
Kat- Don't worry about the gray hair- it's easily fixed. :smile: As for your weight, I've seen pictures of you and you are lucky- you are one of those people who carries weight well. I bet no one would guess your current weight. Don't worry, just take one day at a time and it'll come off. And 29 is so young! Believe me. Your body will bounce right back with some exercise (and a good bra and some spanks :wink7:). Just wait and see.

Awe, you always make me feel so much better:smile:

xmas tree
03-12-2012, 08:08:45 PM

Lots of love to you:wavehi:

I will be 29 august 12th this year and i so badly want to be at my desired weight. It is bad enough that I have gray hair at 28 I don't want to be this young and be overweight and with gray hair, it doesn't make me feel very well.....

You are still young - plenty of time to change things you don't like.
I use Nice&Easy:giggle2: It works

kimandkathess
03-12-2012, 08:14:11 PM
lol, yes i die my hair, i just hate the fact that i have gray's coming in lol

kimandkathess
03-14-2012, 07:44:53 AM
I am a bit frustrated today. I have been working my butt off this past week eating well and working out and i weight 179.4! I am up from what i was on monday! I am telling you what, it better be muscle.

VivaciousJewelz
03-14-2012, 08:00:21 AM
I am a bit frustrated today. I have been working my butt off this past week eating well and working out and i weight 179.4! I am up from what i was on monday! I am telling you what, it better be muscle.

Hang in there! You can do it!

I haven't weighed myself in awhile. I've been walking more and eating somewhat better, but I get so mad looking at the scale. :giggle2:

kimandkathess
03-14-2012, 08:51:03 AM
Hang in there! You can do it!

I haven't weighed myself in awhile. I've been walking more and eating somewhat better, but I get so mad looking at the scale. :giggle2:

I just dont understand it. This is what my diet consists of on a daily basis.

Breakfast:
2-3 cups of coffee
1-2 scrambled eggs made with pam
Grain (oatmeal, gluten free toast, corn/rice chex, puffed corn, puffed rice)
fruit

Lunch:
1/2c white rice (can't do brown...just doesnt taste good to me)
1/4c canned kidney beans
1 jennie o turkey dog
Occasinally a hard boiled egg
Fruit
Veggies

Dinner:
1/2c white rice
1/4c kidney beans
1 jennie turkey dog
Chicken Breast or fish or turkey, and occisionally steak, ground chuck, ham, tunafish
Fruits and veggies

Snacks: I don't eat all these on a daily basis but this is what i can eat
yogurt, rice cakes, cereal, toast, veggies, fruit, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, seeds, low fat popcorn

Drinks:
Coffee
1% milk
water
once a week cranberry or apple juice
once a month at most 1 glass of wine

I try to eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day and WONT go over 2,000, So i don't see what I am doing wrong.

jenrose
03-14-2012, 01:25:40 PM
The scale doesn't like me lately but I am feeling better so that is more important to me than a number.

But I still would like to see that number start to go down!!!!

xmas tree
03-14-2012, 02:08:41 PM

I can understand you are not happy. I am no expert either on loosing weight. The only thing I would say, after reading you plan, maybe less fruit and more water. The fruit has sugar. But that's just my thinking on the laptop.
My weeks are not so great either most of the time, but I think it also has to do with how much your body can spare to loose. The closer you get to you ideal weight the harder it gets to loose.

However, maybe someone here has some better ideas - I could use some good ones myself.

434Teresa
03-14-2012, 03:33:00 PM
I just dont understand it. This is what my diet consists of on a daily basis.

Breakfast:
2-3 cups of coffee
1-2 scrambled eggs made with pam
Grain (oatmeal, gluten free toast, corn/rice chex, puffed corn, puffed rice)
fruit

Lunch:
1/2c white rice (can't do brown...just doesnt taste good to me)
1/4c canned kidney beans
1 jennie o turkey dog
Occasinally a hard boiled egg
Fruit
Veggies

Dinner:
1/2c white rice
1/4c kidney beans
1 jennie turkey dog
Chicken Breast or fish or turkey, and occisionally steak, ground chuck, ham, tunafish
Fruits and veggies

Snacks: I don't eat all these on a daily basis but this is what i can eat
yogurt, rice cakes, cereal, toast, veggies, fruit, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, seeds, low fat popcorn

Drinks:
Coffee
1% milk
water
once a week cranberry or apple juice
once a month at most 1 glass of wine

I try to eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day and WONT go over 2,000, So i don't see what I am doing wrong.

I am no weightloss pro either.

I am going to a weightloss clinc. They have me eating 6 times a day, ever two to three hours. I was told to stay away from any processed meats of any kind(high sodium). That vegys are fine(watch what I add to them) but to eat very little Fruit. Greek yogurt not regular because of the protein. To keep my carbs low(gave no number) while staying in the calorie range and keeping the protein high. (I have not been keeping up with the carb count tho). To bake,boil ect not to fry and watch what you add to stuff for taste. No skin from chicken.

1200 to 1500 calories a day and high number on the protein.(I get about 70 to 100 a day).

As for oatmeal (I asked about this) it needs to be the old kind,not instant or minute. The kind that it takes like 30 minutes to cook. It cost more but its processed less. Steel is a brand that walmart has to give you a ideal.

Keep in mind that I dont know the numbers on your protein,sodium or carbs when I say this. If I look a what the clinc has me doing I would say you may want to look at those numbers and eat a little more often instead of 3 times a day.

I use to eat some of the jennie o stuff. I feel that the sodium on that is high(cant remember forsure tho). The grains you have listed have lots of carbs and so do most fruits. White Rice has about 35 to 40 carbs per serving(thats the kind I like to) then I dont know how you cook it or add to it.

Again I am no weightloss pro. I have lost 10 pounds in two weeks as of today by doing what they told me to do. I am a little heavier than you tho.

Health Wise has a great protein bars that I eat something in between meals ..they taste like I am cheating..

If you dont have any ideal of what you sodium, protein ect should be you can go to sparkpeople.com join(free) and you can get a ideal of what it all should be by setting you a page up..Its a great weighloss place full of info.

again I am NO pro on this subject. I am just going by what the clinc told me.

IntoTheMystic
03-14-2012, 03:43:15 PM
Kat- I'm no expert, so keep that in mind :smile:

First, I know it's hard not to get disappointed, but on any day our weight can go up and down 1-2 pounds without it meaning anything. It's based on water retention, BM's, etc. So, try to just weigh yourself 1x per week. I never follow this rule myself, but I know that's what they say. Sometimes your weight will stay the same for a while and then suddenly drop. IDK why. It just does.

Second, you need to burn 3,500 extra calories to lose 1 pound. If you're burning an extra 500 per day, it's going to take you 7 days to lose 1 pound. However, you may not immediately see that 1 pound on the scale if you are retaining water during your monthly cycle, etc. I know you lost faster than that at the beginning, but it's always like that. Now that your body is used to fewer calories, your metabolism has slowed down accordingly.

As long as you aren't missing hidden calories on the diet you describe (mayo, butter, oils, etc.) then I would say it looks great.

I think you're doing well- and i would keep going with what you're doing for another week without changing anything. If the scale still isn't moving, then the only thing you can do is exercise even more (slow, fat burning cardio like a slow run) and cut back to 1,200 calories max, but that can make for one grumpy girl.

And again, my disclaimer, other may not agree with this advice. This is just what I would do/think.

ffagirl15
03-14-2012, 05:46:32 PM
Ok, I'm finally getting motivated to get moving and get going health wise. Went walking for 30 minutes and added in some extra fruits and veggies today. Plus our Walk Across Arkansas program starts Sunday and goes for 8 weeks. It's somewhat of a competition and I'm the competitive type too! I'm hoping that I keep up with the walking and other exercise. We'll just have to see how things go.

434Teresa
03-14-2012, 08:31:48 PM
I walked 2 miles today..
I am not feeling to good tonight. My twins have been sick so I may have cought it. I hope not for it will knock me off track.

cody82414
03-14-2012, 09:52:28 PM
ride out the waves ladies.
Naturally
we have ebbs and flows
stay the course
I urge you!!

Kulis
03-15-2012, 03:25:52 AM
ride out the waves ladies.
Naturally
we have ebbs and flows
stay the course
I urge you!!

Thanks for all the encouragement.

kimandkathess
03-15-2012, 08:11:55 AM
Thanks for all the advice ladies. I do usually eat 5-6 tiems a day.

I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and am snack, afternoon snack, and occasionally a evening snack.

I don't add anything to my rice but like some cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, chili seasoning and mix in my beans and turkey dog.

I do 1-5 miles walk everyday.

Also I use no additives really, if i use sugar for coffee when i run out of truvia i add that, i don't like mayo, use mustard if needed, no oil except pam, and i only use butter when i have gluten free bread once in a while.
And i use light or fat free ranch when i have a salad.

Maybe it is my monthly......I am 2 weeks late amost (not preggers) I had my tubes done in august. and i did take a test just to make sure but it showed negative.

brokenangel
03-15-2012, 08:25:14 AM
I'm confused... weighed in yesterday and went to put it down and it looks like things have changed. Am I starting a new week? should I wait till sunday and weigh myself then? I'm so tired I'm confused. lol

434Teresa
03-15-2012, 09:49:52 AM
I'm confused... weighed in yesterday and went to put it down and it looks like things have changed. Am I starting a new week? should I wait till sunday and weigh myself then? I'm so tired I'm confused. lol

I am not forsure but I think weighins are on monday.

434Teresa
03-15-2012, 10:36:19 AM
Thanks for all the advice ladies. I do usually eat 5-6 tiems a day.

I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and am snack, afternoon snack, and occasionally a evening snack.

I don't add anything to my rice but like some cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, chili seasoning and mix in my beans and turkey dog.

I do 1-5 miles walk everyday.

Also I use no additives really, if i use sugar for coffee when i run out of truvia i add that, i don't like mayo, use mustard if needed, no oil except pam, and i only use butter when i have gluten free bread once in a while.
And i use light or fat free ranch when i have a salad.

Maybe it is my monthly......I am 2 weeks late amost (not preggers) I had my tubes done in august. and i did take a test just to make sure but it showed negative.

Maybe take one day off from walking. The paper work the weight loss clinc gave me said that muscles need time to heal and protein to do it with. That sometimes it could take a day of no exercise to see any loss because if the muscles are not healed they will hold water worse.

It could be that you are two weeks late and its about to come.

The only other thing I can think of is watch the serving size of things closely,its easy to mess up on those. Keep a count on the sodium intake,not just what you add but what is already in the foods/additives. For a 2,000 calorie diet is should be 2,400 a day so for 1200 to 1500 I would day it would need to be less(not sure tho).

You will do better this week. I know its hard to hold onto weighoss faith when you see no loss or even a gain of a point. I have been there before and probly will be again.

Oh I was told to throw my sale away but I did not of course. I did make it two weeks and had to just take a peek. Its so hard not to take a peek each day to see if all my hard work is paying off..I put the scale back up so, I cant see it when I go to the bathroom, so I can wait another two weeks, when I go back for my one month visit.

Hang in there

IntoTheMystic
03-15-2012, 07:08:33 PM

My fault, BrokenAngel! I was trying to clean up the Wiki and I thought week 10 was over b/c I didn't see anyone weighing in past Monday. Put yourself in week 10 so we can see how ya did. And be sure to put your name in week 11,too. Sorry :smile:

brokenangel
03-16-2012, 08:44:55 AM
My fault, BrokenAngel! I was trying to clean up the Wiki and I thought week 10 was over b/c I didn't see anyone weighing in past Monday. Put yourself in week 10 so we can see how ya did. And be sure to put your name in week 11,too. Sorry :smile:

its all good, thank you for keeping the thread cleaned up. :biggrin: I straight forgot to add my name to week 10 anyways. I decided to just put my wednesday weight for this week and I will weigh again on sunday. I will then be on track. :smile:

With the hours I have been working I get easily confused. lmao

kimandkathess
03-16-2012, 09:49:52 AM
Well, ive decided to tweak my diet, i never reaized that so many foods had so many salts in them. It's hard to not go over sodium when so many things have it in them. I don't dare to not use tabe salt atleast a little bit everyday, I already have thyroid problems. I've put a limit of 1500 on my myfitnesspal for my goal.
I've also decided to keep track of the sugars, again, didn't realize the natural sugar in fruits wasn't good for you. So i take it you should be eating more veggies per day than fruits. I don't remember what i Put down as a goal, maybe 35g a day??
My calorie goal is set at 1400, protein 94g and carbs 169g a day.

How does someone not go over on their cholesterol? My numbers are all back in normal range but they say no person should really go over 300mg a day. I go over that just with my eggs!

434Teresa
03-16-2012, 04:31:45 PM
Well, ive decided to tweak my diet, i never reaized that so many foods had so many salts in them. It's hard to not go over sodium when so many things have it in them. I don't dare to not use tabe salt atleast a little bit everyday, I already have thyroid problems. I've put a limit of 1500 on my myfitnesspal for my goal.
I've also decided to keep track of the sugars, again, didn't realize the natural sugar in fruits wasn't good for you. So i take it you should be eating more veggies per day than fruits. I don't remember what i Put down as a goal, maybe 35g a day??

How does someone not go over on their cholesterol? My numbers are all back in normal range but they say no person should really go over 300mg a day. I go over that just with my eggs!

Yes cholesterol is a hard one to make.. They put so much sodium in processed foods that the soduim number will be way high if you dont watch it close.

Yes more vegys than fruit. The sugars in fruit are not as bad for you as the sugars in a candy bar but all the same it adds your carbs up faster than vegys do. Plus it makes fruits have more calories in them than vegys do.

where you anywhere near 94 on the protein before?

kimandkathess
03-16-2012, 05:14:53 PM
Yes cholesterol is a hard one to make.. They put so much sodium in processed foods that the soduim number will be way high if you dont watch it close.

Yes more vegys than fruit. The sugars in fruit are not as bad for you as the sugars in a candy bar but all the same it adds your carbs up faster than vegys do. Plus it makes fruits have more calories in them than vegys do.

where you anywhere near 94 on the protein before?

Yeah, i always got a lot of protein. I have such bad energy from my autoimmune dissorders that I try to get my energy from protein. Also I used to suffer from depression and I heard a natural way to fight it off is to have a diet high in protein. I choose not to be on medication and have not been for 2 years now.

I do think that maybe i will be switching out my turkey dogs for some chicken breast instead though. also I think i will be making my own kidney beans from now on so i don't have the added salt.

My biggest problem is grains, i only eat the rice/rice noodles, oatmeal and cereals basically but if i don't eat a lot of them I don't feel full, then i tend to over eat.

434Teresa
03-16-2012, 05:44:27 PM
Yeah, i always got a lot of protein. I have such bad energy from my autoimmune dissorders that I try to get my energy from protein. Also I used to suffer from depression and I heard a natural way to fight it off is to have a diet high in protein. I choose not to be on medication and have not been for 2 years now.

I do think that maybe i will be switching out my turkey dogs for some chicken breast instead though. also I think i will be making my own kidney beans from now on so i don't have the added salt.

My biggest problem is grains, i only eat the rice/rice noodles, oatmeal and cereals basically but if i don't eat a lot of them I don't feel full, then i tend to over eat.

Have you tried cin burst cheerios? they are pretty good and 1 cup is a serving with 110 calories(I think that right off the top of my head). I like cereals to, so I have to watch myself for I will have 3 servings poured and ready to eat. Some cereals are 1/4 or 3/4 a cup the serving size.

xmas tree
03-16-2012, 05:49:44 PM

I have/had very high cholesterol. Have the next test on tuesday.
We eat basically only the egg whites. That is, if I make scrambled eggs for everybody I use one yolk in six or seven eggs. Myself I eat only the whites.
Turkey dogs - hmm, Maybe you like to try what I do. I get ground chicken or turkey, whichever is cheaper at the time, and season the daylight out of them with everything but little salt and than I broil them in the oven. Taste good hot or cold and a nice snack in between. Also, I eat lots of nuts.
Myself, I am taking thyroxin for 6 years now - no problem with the salt.

kimandkathess
03-16-2012, 06:40:53 PM
Have you tried cin burst cheerios? they are pretty good and 1 cup is a serving with 110 calories(I think that right off the top of my head). I like cereals to, so I have to watch myself for I will have 3 servings poured and ready to eat. Some cereals are 1/4 or 3/4 a cup the serving size.

I would but I can't have wheat because i Have the autoimmune dissorder celiac disease, i have to eat gluten free, cheerios were my favorite!

434Teresa
03-17-2012, 03:20:20 PM
I would but I can't have wheat because i Have the autoimmune dissorder celiac disease, i have to eat gluten free, cheerios were my favorite!

I remember reading that before,sorry was not thinking. Its kind of hard to find things that are gluten free,ant it? I read to many lables and its in about everything now days.

Maybe watching the serving size and sodium count will get your weight going down again. Its really hard to keep going when it goes up or dont go down any,even tho we know its going to happen sooner or later.

ffagirl15
03-18-2012, 07:53:37 AM
Ok, I promise the yo-yoing 1 lb up and down is stopping today. I'm down 1 lb today and it's going to just keep going down. Our Walk Across Arkansas program starts today so praying that helps. We will just see :-)

isabel
03-18-2012, 12:17:11 PM
Finally I lost .8 lbs. Not much but better than gaining. I go to the doctor tomorrow for a yearly physical. Maybe I can get some help with my weight.

kimandkathess
03-19-2012, 04:50:37 AM
I am about ready to give up, my scale says 180.6.....i did not want to EVER be back in the 180's......frustrated....frustrated....frustrated. ...

xmas tree
03-19-2012, 08:07:10 AM
I am about ready to give up, my scale says 180.6.....i did not want to EVER be back in the 180's......frustrated....frustrated....frustrated. ...

Please, don't give up.
I already posted a few pages ago what I do - maybe you like to give it a whirl.
Cut out all the white stuff - or at least mostly cut it out.
No past, rice, bread, cake, at least for a little.
There are enough carbs in the veggies.
Fortunately veggies are cheaper at the farmers market right now.

It works !

xmas tree
03-19-2012, 08:12:04 AM
This weekend was super busy.
We spend half the day yesterday at the Lowes, getting stuff to make this place
nicer.
We want to and we have to. Been living here for 5 years now and hardly done anything to the house.
In another 2 or 3 years the kids will be moved out and than what do we do with a five bedroom house.

Anyway, 161.0 pounds.
Another 15 to go. tomorrow is cholesterol check. YUCK - I hate those numbers.

434Teresa
03-19-2012, 11:09:34 AM

Dont give up...Did I see where you posted somewhere that your weight has been as low as 127 and as high as 200 something over the past few years?

If so,they say big loss and gains like that can make it hard to lose. I dont know if that is true or not.

You can do this just dont give up. I know that it makes you want to tho. I have been there and done that to many times before when the scale gets stuck or gose up a few pounds instead of down...

brokenangel
03-19-2012, 01:02:24 PM
welp, 3.3 loss for me since wednesday, thinking being sick helped with that loss. finally back on track with my weigh in dates... forgot to add it yesterday.

jenrose
03-19-2012, 01:39:07 PM
I seem to be stuck! Must get moving!

Blech!

IntoTheMystic
03-19-2012, 02:17:41 PM
Okay. I suck. 157.6 this week, so I didn't go down. But, I wasn't all that good this week either, and went to 2 parties. Next week I'm gonna be a new woman. :biggrin:

kimandkathess
03-19-2012, 04:52:52 PM
Dont give up...Did I see where you posted somewhere that your weight has been as low as 127 and as high as 200 something over the past few years?

If so,they say big loss and gains like that can make it hard to lose. I dont know if that is true or not.

You can do this just dont give up. I know that it makes you want to tho. I have been there and done that to many times before when the scale gets stuck or gose up a few pounds instead of down...

No, my lowest was 167 and my highest 195. I vowed to never go over 200. The lowest i've ever been in my entire life was 130 and that was when i was 18 yrs old 10 1/2 years ago. When i was down to 174 a month a go I was so happy beacause i was almost back to where i was last time. Just a bit frustrated and need to get back in the groove.

kimandkathess
03-19-2012, 07:32:19 PM
Ok, I have given myself some sort of incentive here. Im 180 right now. I really want to get my hair done. I want it to be layered with long bangs not short. ( i am going to post a pic). Right now it just a straight cut, no layers down to the middle of my back, my current haircut makes my face look longer and i figure bangs and layers might help me out :) Anywho....I also get gray hair at 28:sad3:. SO......
I am NOT going to get my haircut or dye my grays untill i reach 155. Thats halfway. Total needed to lose 50 pounds. So if i don't want to show my grays and want a nice new haircut I need to lose 25 pounds!

jenrose
03-20-2012, 10:45:07 AM
I think I'm gonna stay away from the scale for a while. It doesn't seem to want to move even though I keep having to pull my pants up. So I think right now I'm building muscle instead of loosing weight. I don't want that number on the scale to discourage me so I'll focus on the way I feel and how my cloths fit instead of the number on the scale.

Kulis
03-22-2012, 03:26:24 AM
I'm still here.
The scale is still moving, but it's soooo slow.
This is about the time I gave up last year, so I really need to jumpstart my motivation.

cody82414
03-22-2012, 07:53:00 AM
I'm still here.
The scale is still moving, but it's soooo slow.
This is about the time I gave up last year, so I really need to jumpstart my motivation.

any activity boosts your metabolism.

walking a dog
pushing a stroller
shopping at the mall
gardening
flying a kite

any movement gets the blood flowing.

Dont give up
and dont give in:smile:

cody82414
03-22-2012, 07:57:10 AM
Okay. I suck. 157.6 this week, so I didn't go down. But, I wasn't all that good this week either, and went to 2 parties. Next week I'm gonna be a new woman. :biggrin:

positive self-speek

Would you allow a friend to talk to you that way.

For two parties, I think that is something to be commended.:BigHand:

kimandkathess
03-23-2012, 08:14:39 AM
Well im working at it this week. Slowly but surely. So this past monday I started at 180...sigh, but will be down from that by next monday.

How is everyone else doing?

kimandkathess
03-23-2012, 08:15:12 AM
By the way, WEEK 10 WINNER WAS INTO THE MYSTIC!!! CONGRATS GIRLY!

And our WEEK 11 WINNER IS XMASTREE!!!CONGRATS!!!

xmas tree
03-23-2012, 09:41:36 AM
Still trying hard. Pretty soon I will grow bunny ears:giggle2:
Have to loose so much still(says my doc), will be eating very little for many weeks to come.
I did another calorie calculation on my fitness pal and am at 1200 now.
Hard to stick, the nuts I eat almost kill it every day.
There is so much "healthy" stuff I am to eat to get this f*#%ing (f!!%#@ing) cholesterol down.
Will get my results in another week. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

I would soooo love just a little bit of icecream:sad3:

434Teresa
03-23-2012, 12:50:18 PM
Still trying hard. Pretty soon I will grow bunny ears:giggle2:
Have to loose so much still(says my doc), will be eating very little for many weeks to come.
I did another calorie calculation on my fitness pal and am at 1200 now.
Hard to stick, the nuts I eat almost kill it every day.
There is so much "healthy" stuff I am to eat to get this f*#%ing cholesterol down.
Will get my results in another week. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

I would soooo love just a little bit of icecream:sad3:

Have you tried Wheat germ for your cholesterol? I like the kind in the glass jar(kretschmer) at walmart not the bags.. 50 calories for 2tbs.. The dr told me to try it for I was going to have to go on pills for mine, if it went up anymore than it was. I eat it in greek yougurt everyday now. It has help another problem of mine as will but I wont post that problem here.

I go weigh on next wed.

IntoTheMystic
03-23-2012, 03:14:46 PM
Ok, I have given myself some sort of incentive here. Im 180 right now. I really want to get my hair done. I want it to be layered with long bangs not short. ( i am going to post a pic). Right now it just a straight cut, no layers down to the middle of my back, my current haircut makes my face look longer and i figure bangs and layers might help me out :) Anywho....I also get gray hair at 28:sad3:. SO......
I am NOT going to get my haircut or dye my grays untill i reach 155. Thats halfway. Total needed to lose 50 pounds. So if i don't want to show my grays and want a nice new haircut I need to lose 25 pounds!

OMG! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that haircut. Can't wait to see it on you :smile:

xmas tree
03-23-2012, 05:03:33 PM
Have you tried Wheat germ for your cholesterol? I like the kind in the glass jar(kretschmer) at walmart not the bags.. 50 calories for 2tbs.. The dr told me to try it for I was going to have to go on pills for mine, if it went up anymore than it was. I eat it in greek yougurt everyday now. It has help another problem of mine as will but I wont post that problem here.

I go weigh on next wed.

I am using oatbran and sometimes flax seed with it in fat free greek yogurt.
Given up on red meat too. The doc has been wanting to put me on pills for almost two years now. So far I lost almost 30 pounds and changed my eating a lot. I am also trying phytosterols, natural plant stuff.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I am absolutely scared of statins. The side effects are yuck with lots of people.
I know some people take them and have no side effects - but knowing my luck....

434Teresa
03-23-2012, 07:03:58 PM
I am using oatbran and sometimes flax seed with it in fat free greek yogurt.
Given up on red meat too. The doc has been wanting to put me on pills for almost two years now. So far I lost almost 30 pounds and changed my eating a lot. I am also trying phytosterols, natural plant stuff.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I am absolutely scared of statins. The side effects are yuck with lots of people.
I know some people take them and have no side effects - but knowing my luck....

I dont eat alot of red meat anymore either. On the other hand I love shellfish so I have to watch eating that. I have been eating more turkey and chicken these days.
If you go to sams club I found Brown Cow fat free greek there. It is really good. Being that you have lost weight I am sure you are doing some sort of exercise, and I am sure your dr told you that can help lower it also.

Its so hard to watch the numbers on what you eat..something is always on the high side of things before the day is gone.

IntoTheMystic
03-24-2012, 06:24:23 AM
By the way, WEEK 10 WINNER WAS INTO THE MYSTIC!!! CONGRATS GIRLY!

And our WEEK 11 WINNER IS XMASTREE!!!CONGRATS!!!

:thanks7::thanks7::thanks7:

cody82414
03-24-2012, 06:27:13 PM
one day one meal at a time

hang in there

feel the feelings associated with it all

work through the best you can

<3

isabel
03-25-2012, 04:12:11 AM
I know I haven't been trying as hard as I should. Hopefully soon things will calm down at work and I will not be so tired and stressed. Stress really plays a big roll in how I eat and I don't work out as much.

434Teresa
03-25-2012, 06:28:36 AM
I know I haven't been trying as hard as I should. Hopefully soon things will calm down at work and I will not be so tired and stressed. Stress really plays a big roll in how I eat and I don't work out as much.

I have became to beleive that there will always be stress of some kind in our life. It maybe work,family/kids,pets,car troubles,money troubles,someone sick or whatever. There are very few days in a year that we dont have stress on us. I do understand that is it worse at times than it is at others tho. If we can handle the stress at its worse then we can fly threw it on normal stress days.

Did you know they say that working out is good for stress? I know that it is hard to do when you are all stressed out but try it a few times and see if it will help. Also I dont feel as tired when I do workout/walk for at least 30 minutes or so, even if I have to MAKE myself get up and do it.

Hang in there,if I can do it so can you!

kimandkathess
03-26-2012, 07:36:33 AM
well i have had a 1 pound weight loss :) ON MY WAY BACK DOWN! WOO HOO

434Teresa
03-27-2012, 07:50:17 PM

wtg!

xmas tree
03-27-2012, 08:11:38 PM

Good job.

I have been very bad and gained.
So, I will just start with a little more motivation this week.

434Teresa
03-28-2012, 07:39:46 PM
today was my weighin day. I lost 13 punds in 4 weeks..now to get going on the next 4 weeks.

cody82414
03-29-2012, 12:59:13 AM
today was my weighin day. I lost 13 punds in 4 weeks..now to get going on the next 4 weeks.

xmas tree
03-29-2012, 05:40:44 AM

Great job.

I am just working on being nice to myself this week and not eat junk.
Yesterday I did good and even did some exercise.

434Teresa
03-29-2012, 10:31:02 AM
Great job.

I am just working on being nice to myself this week and not eat junk.
Yesterday I did good and even did some exercise.

Its hard! Its so much easier to just eat and do what we want..LOL That is why its so easy to fall off the wagon and so hard to get back on.

Someone told me "that nothing taste as good as being thin feels" so I try to keep that in mind now. I have changed it to "nothing taste as good as being healthy feels" in my head tho. I do want to be thin but I am in this now more for my health than to be thin.

I know I can do this and you can to. We have to block out all the "friends/family" that ask, do you want a soda,pice of cake,Ice cream or do you want to grab some McDonalds at lunch time(any fast food). Sometimes they do this not thinking about the foods we can and can not have but sometime some of them do this to see us fall off the "wagon".

I have found that if I leave the I dont want to eat foods alone, I dont want them. If I have one bite tho then I am on the hook again. I had one thin pice of B-day cake, I did not want it until I ate that little pice then I found myself wantting to eat more. LOL I gave the cake away to my neighbor so it was not here for me to eat. I was fine onice it was gone.

If you can find a place that sells Healthwise protein bars those are so good. They have lots of protein that keeps you full plus they taste so good,like you are cheating I tell you. My 5 year old twins think they are candy bars.

I know you have probly been told this before but write everything down you eat,even the servings. I keep up with calories/protein/carbs and sodium. I also write down if I walked ect that day. I really find that this helps me stay on track better.

xmas tree
04-02-2012, 07:59:24 AM
Another week. This time good.
Just drives me nuts that one week I loose and the next week I gain.
I want to see the 150s finally.

Where is everybody else?

This group is getting smaller every week. Please don't give up friends.
...and most of all...please don't leave me alone in this battle.:wavehi:

434Teresa
04-02-2012, 11:02:37 AM
Another week. This time good.
Just drives me nuts that one week I loose and the next week I gain.
I want to see the 150s finally.

Where is everybody else?

This group is getting smaller every week. Please don't give up friends.
...and most of all...please don't leave me alone in this battle.:wavehi:

I am here. Maybe everyone will check in with their weighloss this afternoon.

Grads on your loss..Now do the same thing this week again.

Kulis
04-02-2012, 11:25:39 AM
I decided to take a pass last week. I'm sure there was a gain and a loss in there, but this morning's weigh-in showed the same as two weeks ago.

IntoTheMystic
04-02-2012, 02:53:47 PM
I passed, too. No loss. No gain. Nothing to report except my lack of willpower and general stuck-in-a-rut-ness.

kimandkathess
04-06-2012, 05:22:06 AM
I am here, sorta, just been super busy, also frustrated with my weight going up and down. I am going to take myself out of the weekly challenge, just for now, and put myself down on the bottom as losing weight but not in the challenge, I am trying something new. I will continue to chat though and encourage you all.

434Teresa
04-06-2012, 06:45:04 AM
I have not been feeing well this week so I have not put much effort into my weightloss. I have been eating right tho,well when I eat. I hope to be back in full swing of things soon.

Hang in there everyone!

xmas tree
04-06-2012, 09:58:05 AM
Hope to see you all back here soon.:smile:

ffagirl15
04-10-2012, 08:20:09 AM
Well ladies, I wish I could say I'm in a place to worry about my weight at the moment, but stress is getting the better of me. I'm staying at my weight right now, but not losing. I'm going to have to concentrate on getting this stress relieved before I can try to lose weight again.
I'll check in every so often, but it may be a while before I start weighing in again.

xmas tree
04-10-2012, 10:30:34 AM
I have not weight myself this weekend either. To much family stuff going on so I forgot. I will skip this week and start again next week.

434Teresa
04-10-2012, 12:43:06 PM
april seems to be a hard month for us...maybe next week we all will feel better..Its hard to keep going when you have so many things poping up.

I am eating the right things but not as often as as I was told to. I just dont feel up to it. I have not been able to walk because I feel so bad. Maybe they will get this infection I have cleared up on this round of stronger meds so I can get back on the walking trail again soon.

Hang in there everyone. I know its hard but dont give up

xmas tree
04-10-2012, 04:06:39 PM
april seems to be a hard month for us...maybe next week we all will feel better..Its hard to keep going when you have so many things poping up.

I am eating the right things but not as often as as I was told to. I just dont feel up to it. I have not been able to walk because I feel so bad. Maybe they will get this infection I have cleared up on this round of stronger meds so I can get back on the walking trail again soon.

Hang in there everyone. I know its hard but dont give up

Get well soon:smile:

434Teresa
04-11-2012, 07:25:42 PM
ok where is everybody?

IntoTheMystic
04-12-2012, 05:50:33 AM
I'm still here, Teresa! Just not saying much. I am not giving up, but I have been a sort of "break". I haven't stepped on the scale, and am a bit afraid to. We are on spring break right now, and I will get back on track when i get back to work on Monday and follow my routine again.

xmas tree
04-16-2012, 05:49:37 AM
Hello hello - anybody still with me???:wavehi:

I decided to get back on track again today. Started with weighing myself this
morning. 159.6 pounds. I have not seen the 50is in what feels like forever.

Going to the gym later and do a little something.

434Teresa
04-16-2012, 08:35:21 AM
I am here..I have kind of had one foot on and one foot off the past two weeks or so. I have some medical problems that I am haveing to deal with right now. I did go walk 1 mile this morning after I got out of the Dr. office. I am going to try to do a few minutes on the elliptiacal this afternoon.

xmas tree
04-16-2012, 09:26:49 AM
I am here..I have kind of had one foot on and one foot off the past two weeks or so. I have some medical problems that I am haveing to deal with right now. I did go walk 1 mile this morning after I got out of the Dr. office. I am going to try to do a few minutes on the elliptiacal this afternoon.

I wish you get better soon.

One mile is one mile - it's a good start. ...and everything helps.

cody82414
04-19-2012, 05:11:37 PM
I wish you get better soon.

One mile is one mile - it's a good start. ...and everything helps.

Yes! Some thing is better than no thing:smile:

cody82414
04-19-2012, 05:13:29 PM
Hello hello - anybody still with me???:wavehi:

I decided to get back on track again today. Started with weighing myself this
morning. 159.6 pounds. I have not seen the 50is in what feels like forever.

Going to the gym later and do a little something.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!:BigHand:

434Teresa
04-20-2012, 04:37:18 PM
I hope everyone is doing good this week

ffagirl15
04-21-2012, 07:36:58 AM
Hi ladies, I'm still here I promise. Just trying to get a couple other things straight before getting on the weight loss track again. I'm maintaining my weight right now, just not losing. I'm trying to get some healthy habits going but nothing too big at the moment.