PDA

View Full Version : What was your "Well, that was stupid!" moment today?

XUfan
02-18-2012, 02:02:51 PM
OK...let's share!!!! We always talk about the stupid things our spouses, kids, friends, siblings...and cashiers...do. Now, let's come clean!! What did you do today that made you say, "Well...that was stupid!!"

I have two to share today!!

1) I noticed the other day, that my 4 month old granddaughter is starting to grab for things, which made me notice that the magnets on my fridge (which she looks at a lot) were kind of dusty and covered with fingerprints. So today...I took them all off the fridge, and put them in a sink full of hot, soapy water.

Well...that worked fine for the plastic ones! But I had to toss out all of the ones from the dentist office, car parts place, library, etc. that are just paper glued onto a flat, flexible magnet. OOPS!!!! Who would have thought of that?????

2) I was making cole slaw. I had the cabbage and carrots shredded, and in a big mixing bowl. In a small bowl, I was mixing the dressing. I had all of the ingredients measured out and in the bowl. I tasted it. It was REALLY thin, and didn't taste right. I re-read the recipe 3 times! I know I put everything in there. Then, I saw it! I had put the mayo in the big bowl with the shredded veggies!!! No wonder the rest of the dressing was so thin....and tasted soooooo bad!!

OK...I've come clean. Let's keep this going. Just post whatever you did. We won't judge!!! And who knows...you might get a good laugh from reading the other posts!!

meggers
02-18-2012, 02:11:41 PM
LOL! Mine involved food too.

I was making a single serving of potato salad for lunch. Got my bowl down, got all the stuff & potatoes I boiled yesterday, sit down & started mixing. Then I realized I didn't use my clean bowl.

I have 2 black bowls from Healthy Choice steamers that I use for giving my dogs table scraps. I had given them sausage with their meds this morning & Lucy licked it clean. I had placed it on the table on a run to the other room & just hadn't put it in the sink yet.

Turns out they don't care for potato salad. :giggle2:

Smee
02-18-2012, 02:20:14 PM
How does one make a single serving of potato salad?

And meggers, noooooo sausage. I'm not one of those purists who never let a scrap pass a dog's lips. My dogs get their fair share of junk, but really, no sausage. I may be jaded by repeated episodes of pancreatitis around here, but we see it a lot in our clinic, and fatty pork products are very often at play. So NO! NO!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/dafreakinlurker/FGBrianhitsPeter.gif

Smee
02-18-2012, 02:27:36 PM
Just trying to be helpful, I swear.

chitownmelli
02-18-2012, 03:03:04 PM
Well, I had kind of a duh moment at the grocery store --- I couldn't find small red beans for awhile, so I saw them at the store today and picked up a bag "just in case" and when I got home... it seems I did the same thing last week. Not real interesting but it's the best I can do today :)

Spanelli8706
02-18-2012, 04:05:16 PM
I left the house at 5am on a 4 hour car ride with the kids today by myself... and forgot their shoes. I left them in their pjs with intentions to change them later on in the day and totally forgot the fact that they would need shoes once we put on real clothes. Had to stop at a Walmart & buy clearanced knock off Crocs. My 3.5yr old kept saying "Mommy, I can't go inside the store without shoes... I'll look ristickulus (ridiculous)." Lol.

XUfan
02-18-2012, 04:06:43 PM
OK...this must be my "duh" day! LOL!!

We were waiting for our company to arrive (hubby's brothers, etc) when I started having some trouble with one of my contact lenses. It felt like sand was in my eye. So, I went into the bathroom to take it out and "fix it". Just so you know...don't do this if you've just eaten potato chips!!!!

meggers
02-18-2012, 04:30:26 PM
How does one make a single serving of potato salad?

And meggers, noooooo sausage. I'm not one of those purists who never let a scrap pass a dog's lips. My dogs get their fair share of junk, but really, no sausage. I may be jaded by repeated episodes of pancreatitis around here, but we see it a lot in our clinic, and fatty pork products are very often at play. So NO! NO!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/dafreakinlurker/FGBrianhitsPeter.gif

Even turkey sausage? Swift Premium Brown & Serve. It's just too easy to stick the pill in the little bugger. :whistle67:

I just take a potato, add a bit of mayo, relish, mustard... If I make a whole big bowl, I'll eat the whole big bowl.

Smee
02-18-2012, 04:40:11 PM
Turkey sausage is forgivable. Mostly. In small doses and only occasionally. Pork sausage would make me think you hate your dogs.

shelleyf
02-18-2012, 04:55:48 PM
Well, I had kind of a duh moment at the grocery store --- I couldn't find small red beans for awhile, so I saw them at the store today and picked up a bag "just in case" and when I got home... it seems I did the same thing last week. Not real interesting but it's the best I can do today :)

I laughed like crazy reading this. I was just telling my husband the other day I am an idiot, lol I hardly EVER buy purple hull peas in a can but have been craving them. So I bought a can the other day and when I opened the cabinet there were 4 more cans. I was like what? I told my husband I guess I must crave it every time I go shopping but never got around to cooking it and still haven't yet. I wonder if I will buy another can this week, lol

chitownmelli
02-18-2012, 05:19:21 PM
I feel a little better now shelley :D If I end up with 4 bags, I'm in trouble hee hee.

meggers
02-18-2012, 05:41:16 PM
Turkey sausage is forgivable. Mostly. In small doses and only occasionally. Pork sausage would make me think you hate your dogs.

I have given them both actually. I really didn't know it was a no no. Poor dogs!

What about cheese? Ricky is so finicky. I have few choices with him. It's either cheese, sausage, sardines (ugh) or no pill. Lucy will pretty snarf anything down.

ScrappyDoo
02-18-2012, 05:46:17 PM
What about those pill pouch things that are made by greenies?

meggers
02-18-2012, 05:56:42 PM
Wow, I didn't know they made those! Ricky wouldn't take it though. Anything that he would actually chew would not work. He has to like it so much that he all but swallows it right down. :hectic:

Smee
02-18-2012, 07:05:56 PM
I don't like those pill pockets just because they are loaded with stuff that one of my dogs is allergic to. Enough cheese to get a pill down should be ok. I usually keep canned food on hand to use for making meatballs and hiding pills. That way, I can sort of control the ingredients by buying stuff with no chicken or grains which means even my little allergy dog gets to have "junk." I haven't had a dog yet that wouldn't suck down a stinky meatball. Seriously, though, fatty pork products are pretty close to the top of the list of things I avoid completely just because we've had such a time with pancreatitis. I may be irrationally paranoid, but my vet recommends avoiding fatty pork products, anyway.

XUfan
02-18-2012, 07:10:47 PM
I'm so glad I started this thread!!! I love reading about everyone's "duh" moments!!! Makes me feel better about my own.

Be warned...I'll probably have something to post almost every day!

everprincess
02-18-2012, 07:18:24 PM
Mine for today...

Left out the oil or applesauce in my bundt cake-it turned into a ugly cake instead-LOL.

Tried to make homemade ravoil-it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

I have a headache just thinking about my cooking nightmares from today especially since the sink was leaking water in the cabinet below. Had to throw out a ton of stuff-note to self: stop storing stuff underneath the kitchen sink!

meggers
02-18-2012, 07:59:57 PM
I don't like those pill pockets just because they are loaded with stuff that one of my dogs is allergic to. Enough cheese to get a pill down should be ok. I usually keep canned food on hand to use for making meatballs and hiding pills. That way, I can sort of control the ingredients by buying stuff with no chicken or grains which means even my little allergy dog gets to have "junk." I haven't had a dog yet that wouldn't suck down a stinky meatball. Seriously, though, fatty pork products are pretty close to the top of the list of things I avoid completely just because we've had such a time with pancreatitis. I may be irrationally paranoid, but my vet recommends avoiding fatty pork products, anyway.

I used to give them pork bones, but I learned a hard lesson there many years back (senses Smee cringe). I didn't give them much pork at all after that, but only cause I don't eat it much. I sure didn't know it was dangerous though.

Oh and if you only knew... I have gobs of canned food, but Ricky... he's a horrid lil' mutt bratt. But he'll eat sardines. :hectic:

I'm so glad I started this thread!!! I love reading about everyone's "duh" moments!!! Makes me feel better about my own.

Be warned...I'll probably have something to post almost every day!

Me too! :thanks7: I woulda never forgiven myself if I had made my doggies sick with sausage. :sad3:

mom2lucas
02-18-2012, 08:18:33 PM

My husband has said this exact same thing to me before. :giggle2: "You gave them SAUSAGE?!? Do you HATE THEM? Do you LIKE dog vomit??" I honestly did not know it was bad for them, but I have not ever given it to them again.

mom2lucas
02-18-2012, 08:31:43 PM
I've had lots of DUH moments today.

I repeatedly called my daughter by my sister's name, and not on purpose. We jokingly call her by my sister's name when she misbehaves because of the sneakiness factor involved, much like my sister. (ha ha) This was just in general conversation with her today. She kept saying, "Mommy, THAT IS NOT MY NAMES!"

I was trying to help DH put up a new mailbox, and he had to ask me about five times to hold the LEFT side. He kept saying, "Your left. Your other left. Hold it right HERE." I know it frustrated him, but I was distracted by the kids and trying to keep them in the yard. Our street isn't busy, and they know to stay out of the road... but they are preschool age and very curious. Mom was helping with the mailbox, so they wanted to help too.

clippyclippy
02-18-2012, 09:10:54 PM
I love reading these- it makes me feel almost....normal!

Let's see, where to start?
I left a bag at the grocery store. Had to go back to get it. Well it really wasn't my fault, because the bagger dude didn't put it in my buggy, but oh well.

I stood at RA checking out, with the ad in my hand opened to the coupon I wanted to use, but got too chatty with the cashier and forgot to use it. He had to get a manager to do a post coupon thingy.

The worst one was when I got home, I picked up a few pieces of trash in my car, walked over to the big garbage can to drop them in, thinking to self..."don't drop keys in with the trash" and just as I was clearly thinking that in my mind, my hand let go and dropped the keys right in there. Ugh. Had to get a long tool to fetch it out.

None too bad, in fact, they are typical of my everyday mishaps!

And now I learned something new - you can't give a dog pork??
(I don't have a dog...)

Smee
02-18-2012, 10:40:12 PM
I'm sure there's someone who can say their dog ate sausage every day and lived to be 20, but my vet recommends against it, and I know I've seen a lot of sick dogs after eating fatty pork products. Besides, the sodium and other junk in it is not good for them. Canine diets are pretty controversial among many, and I'm no diehard one size fits all person, but I do avoid pork, especially salty, fatty pork products. There are enough other things to give them.

Spanelli8706
02-18-2012, 10:42:50 PM
Yep. All pork makes my mini-dachshund violently ill. DH (a vet) says it's very common.

CLN123
02-18-2012, 11:20:40 PM
What about sliding the pill in a little piece of hot dog (beef of course), or a small amount of peanut butter.

XUfan
02-20-2012, 01:23:06 PM
Nothing too stupid today. But I still had my moments.

Every day, I get up at 5 am, so I can spend some time with my hubby before he goes to work. At 6:15, I wake the teenager for school. Today...I got up at 5 am, had a cup of tea, chatted with my hubby, then went back to the teenager's room to wake her for school. Um....not only is school closed today for President's Day...she spent the weekend at a friend's house! And I knew it!!!!

Second one...about an hour ago, I left to go pick her up. Apparently, my car automatically goes to Kroger when I'm driving! Not even close to her friend's house!!! So, I was a few minutes late. Oh well!!

shelleyf
02-20-2012, 02:14:54 PM
I've had lots of DUH moments today.

I repeatedly called my daughter by my sister's name, and not on purpose. We jokingly call her by my sister's name when she misbehaves because of the sneakiness factor involved, much like my sister. (ha ha) This was just in general conversation with her today. She kept saying, "Mommy, THAT IS NOT MY NAMES!"

I was trying to help DH put up a new mailbox, and he had to ask me about five times to hold the LEFT side. He kept saying, "Your left. Your other left. Hold it right HERE." I know it frustrated him, but I was distracted by the kids and trying to keep them in the yard. Our street isn't busy, and they know to stay out of the road... but they are preschool age and very curious. Mom was helping with the mailbox, so they wanted to help too.

lol this reminded me of something my husband, kids, my Mom and I would do. My sister (love her:)) is not always thinking properly, you know like ditzy. Well we all would say for example "Jasmine (my youngest daughter) you are acting like Heather. Then we would call the person by Heather and say You are having a "Heather moment" well over the years it got shortened to just "Heather stop having a moment, or you are pulling a "Heather moment". One day several months ago I told my sister Heather, you must be having a Heather moment, lol she was like What? Ooops that was hard to explain but all is good. She doesn't like it but oh well, lol she got over it. :hysterical::giggle2::whistle67:

Green is Gold
02-20-2012, 03:46:22 PM
lol this reminded me of something my husband, kids, my Mom and I would do. My sister (love her:)) is not always thinking properly, you know like ditzy. Well we all would say for example "Jasmine (my youngest daughter) you are acting like Heather. Then we would call the person by Heather and say You are having a "Heather moment" well over the years it got shortened to just "Heather stop having a moment, or you are pulling a "Heather moment". One day several months ago I told my sister Heather, you must be having a Heather moment, lol she was like What? Ooops that was hard to explain but all is good. She doesn't like it but oh well, lol she got over it. :hysterical::giggle2::whistle67:
:giggle2:...and you just reminded me, in our house, a 1/2 completed task, like taking out the trash, but not putting in a new bag...is called..."Way to go Kaylyn" (my oldest daughter) no matter who does it! (She says it herself) Leaving the door wide open ( so the dog can get out) is called.."Shut the door, SUE!" ( the mother of the little boy I babysit for) Sue recently found out about this and was only mildly amused. :hysterical:

chitownmelli
02-20-2012, 03:49:11 PM
My duh-ness today is that I went to Target just now, remembered to get the thing I forgot yesterday, but forgot the thing that I went there specifically to get today.... oh bother.

Good news though is that we did not forget to go to the bakery to get Paczki for tomorrow morning. Phew, that would have been devastating!

everprincess
02-20-2012, 03:57:50 PM
My duh-ness today is that I went to Target just now, remembered to get the thing I forgot yesterday, but forgot the thing that I went there specifically to get today.... oh bother.

Good news though is that we did not forget to go to the bakery to get Paczki for tomorrow morning. Phew, that would have been devastating!

I did this Friday night. I need a new kitchen gadget and I totally forgot to get it because I wanted to get DH outta of there before he saw something he wanted to buy:giggle2:!

XUfan
02-20-2012, 04:22:52 PM

I did this Friday night. I need a new kitchen gadget and I totally forgot to get it because I wanted to get DH outta of there before he saw something he wanted to buy:giggle2:!

I love it!! I'm not alone!! I am notorious for making a big deal about writing down everything we're going to the store for...what stores we're going to, etc. Then...I leave the list at home!!!! :hysterical: Funny, I never do this when I'm grocery shopping...which I do ALONE!

XUfan
02-20-2012, 04:27:28 PM
OMG!!! I just did another boneheaded thing!!!

I was looking at "new posts" (or so I thought). I saw several RAOK threads, so I opened one up so that I could play. But I already had played. Odd, I thought. It didn't have the little checkmark on it. Hmmmm....

Well, duh!!!! I was on my "user control panel" NOT "new posts"!!! Geez!!!

shelleyf
02-20-2012, 04:42:03 PM
lol you are all hilarious. Please keep them coming, I need some good laughs. :hysterical::smile:

LHath6
02-20-2012, 04:55:58 PM
I was at work and couldn't figure out why I had no sound when I was trying to listen to Pandora. :dontknow1:I got one of our IT guys over to look at it. He figured it out real quick!! I had the mute on the whole time!!:whistle67::hysterical:

shelleyf
02-20-2012, 05:37:46 PM
I was at work and couldn't figure out why I had no sound when I was trying to listen to Pandora. :dontknow1:I got one of our IT guys over to look at it. He figured it out real quick!! I had the mute on the whole time!!:whistle67::hysterical:

I almost fell over reading this, lol My sister about 10 years ago was having trouble with her computer. Her and her husband could not figure out what was wrong with it. They called the tech repair guy over which is one of my husband's best friends (for 15 years now) He had to drive aways and felt bad but they ended up paying $35 to be told to take it off mute, lol He said they were lucky it was him because someone else would charge a flat rate fee for an hour of around $95 and that was about 10 years ago!

IntoTheMystic
02-20-2012, 06:12:24 PM
I just spent 10 minutes ransacking my bedroom looking for the TV remote, getting madder by the minute. Of course i was blaming DH, and was just getting ready to call him and ask him where he put it. I was slamming things around, venting to myself about nothing ever being where it's supposed to be, and why am I the only one who puts things where they belong and yada yada yada and then I remembered. I decided last night to put the controller on the window sill so that I wouldn't be looking for it today...duh :hectic: Sorry, DH, for thinking it was you :giggle2:

chitownmelli
02-20-2012, 06:13:25 PM
Oh now that brings up a DH duh moment from today --- about twice a week he tells me that the mouse battery on the computer must be dying (he's not a computer person AT ALL) and I always say no it isn't.... then he says well the mouse wouldn't work when I was trying to charge my ipod --- I found the evidence today :D He had been unplugging the mouse receiver on the cordless trackball to plug in his ipod all this time, today he forgot to plug it back in and it was sitting on my desk and I'm like why in the world would he do that??? So I asked -- and he said IS THAT WHY THE MOUSE WON'T EVER WORK FOR ME??? lol!!!!!!

shelleyf
02-20-2012, 06:23:43 PM
I just spent 10 minutes ransacking my bedroom looking for the TV remote, getting madder by the minute. Of course i was blaming DH, and was just getting ready to call him and ask him where he put it. I was slamming things around, venting to myself about nothing ever being where it's supposed to be, and why am I the only one who puts things where they belong and yada yada yada and then I remembered. I decided last night to put the controller on the window sill so that I wouldn't be looking for it today...duh :hectic: Sorry, DH, for thinking it was you :giggle2:

That is hilarious, lol and something I would do. My remote went to the twilight zone a few months ago. I am a clean, neat freak so I don't understand how this could happen. Being a cheapskate that I am we had to share the remote for 2 rooms, not fun, lol for a few months. Finally I decided to check ebay and almost fell over. It was only $10 for 2 remotes brand new in the package and that included shipping, lol I was thinking it would be about at least $30 each, lol so we suffered for nothing. I don't know how they made any money out of that at all.

I have screamed at myself wondering where my keys were and the whole time after turning everything upside down for about an HOUR my kid said what are you looking for? I said my keys I can't find them ANYWHERE! She said "what the keys in your hand?" ugh I was feeling so stupid at that moment but gotta love your kids:)

jenrose
02-21-2012, 02:56:58 PM
I tend to purposly forget my oops right after they happened but I have one for today.

I just went to go walk into my coworkers office to hand her something. I wasn't watching where I was walking and we have lots of stuff around right now that are waiting to go up to a new property we have under construction. I walked right into the artwork thing that was leaning up against a chair in the hallway. I bent down and just barely caught it before it slammed down to the ground. It's not super fragile but still.

If you would have saw the look on my coworkers face it was hilarious. But now my shin hurts. :giggle2:

LHath6
02-21-2012, 06:04:21 PM
I almost fell over reading this, lol My sister about 10 years ago was having trouble with her computer. Her and her husband could not figure out what was wrong with it. They called the tech repair guy over which is one of my husband's best friends (for 15 years now) He had to drive aways and felt bad but they ended up paying $35 to be told to take it off mute, lol He said they were lucky it was him because someone else would charge a flat rate fee for an hour of around $95 and that was about 10 years ago!

I do things like that all the time!! I had cans of air sitting on my desk today cuz my friends said my head was getting low on air.

chitownmelli
02-21-2012, 06:06:33 PM
Well my oops isn't all that funny today and it actually happened yesterday, I was holding off on washing the load of white laundry because I was going to be mopping the floor and wanted to put the mop pad and the steam mop pad in with the laundry. Well I got the floor mopped, got the laundry done, and later, after folding the laundry discovered the mop pads waiting to be washed on the table. Oops. I am one of the only people I know who can forget what I am doing WHILE I am doing it lol!!!!

kremsh
02-21-2012, 06:42:33 PM
Note to self: the copy machine at work is NOT in the bathroom! :sad3: I am forever getting distracted and walking to the wrong places! :giggle2: Durrr!

XUfan
02-24-2012, 08:55:17 AM
Add me to the "stupid remote story" list!!

In my defense, our house is in a little bit of chaos right now. Our dining room is empty, because my husband is working on sanding the floor so we can refinish it...but he can only do it on weekends. So, our table is in the middle of the family room for the next few weeks.

So, this morning, I got up and went to the family room to turn on the computer and the television. I couldn't find the remote anywhere!! And I knew that I was the only person who used it yesterday. It was driving me nuts!!! I knew I folded laundry on that table...but I also knew I put all of the laundry away...but I looked in the baskets anyway. I looked through both chairs and the loveseat...even though I hadn't sat on them. I looked through my coupon stuff, since I had filled a few envies at that table too. I even looked through the trash can in the kitchen!!!

After at least an hour, I opened up the drawer in the end table to get out the remote for the stereo, so I could listen to ESPN radio. Yep!!! You guessed it! BOTH remotes were right there in the drawer....where they belong!!

I need more sleep!

chitownmelli
02-24-2012, 09:25:31 AM
I woke up AND got out of bed today, does that count as "well that was stupid"? :D

Green is Gold
02-24-2012, 09:49:14 AM
This was yesterday, but I couldn't find the thread yesterday. (duh!)
I went to get hubbies perscriptions filled, took forever. Get home 1st thing I see is a coupon on my fridge, that has been there for at least 6 weeks, for $1 off per gallon of gas up to 30 gallons, with a new or transfered perscription! :banghead: That's $30 worth of FREE GAS for a $2.33 perscription, and I forgot about it and left it at home!
I called them and if I bring it in today with all the paperwork, they will give it to me (this one time). What a dummy!!! :duh77:

chitownmelli
02-24-2012, 09:55:03 AM
Well that's really nice that they are going to take care of that for you, Green. Don't feel bad, I think we all do things like that lol!

queenofthehivemomof5
02-24-2012, 09:59:53 AM
Went to warm the car up this morning, but left the windshield wipers on last time I drove and tons of snow came flying at me. The kids were laughing at me...LOL

kremsh
02-24-2012, 12:33:17 PM
Last night when I got home from work, the key was sticking in the lock on the front door. My arms were full with all my "treasures" so I figured I'd just leave the keys in the lock, go inside and put my stuff down, then go back to unstick the key.

An hour later I walked past the entry hall and remembered my keys were still outside IN the lock! :banghead: Good thing it was dark outside and no one could have seen them!

clippyclippy
02-24-2012, 02:42:59 PM
Forgetting to rinse out conditioner guarantees a very bad hair day...
The only solution is to start over again...

And Melli, maybe I made the mistake of getting up this morning too... after the hair fiasco, I had to go to one of our houses to be ready for a fridge to be delivered. Dh gave me the key and I left at 6:30 AM, drove 40 minutes, prepared to stay for the 5 hour window, only to find out he'd given me the wrong key
...oh wait! That was dh's moment, not mine!
I'm used to being the one who owns most of the stupid moments around here!

chitownmelli
02-24-2012, 02:48:40 PM
Oh clippy, I'm sorry that DH had a duh moment at your expense :(

Maybe tomorrow will be better - I intend to stay in bed until I am good and ready to get up to go to the farmers market and in the mean time ignoring any emails from my father. You see, he expects to talk every single weekend for 3-5 hours at a time all while I have other things to do to take care of my home and family .... don't wanna talk to him, long story lol!!

CouponQueen23
02-24-2012, 05:48:17 PM
Well my dumb stunt for the day is.. I have been annoyed by these yellow stains near the toilet on my master bathroom carpet, So today I decided to try and clean them using the steam cleaner. No go I scrubbed and scrubbed using a few stain removers that I had on hand nothing was making them come up. So Me thinking I want these ugly annoying stains off this carpet I decided to put some bleach in a bowl and diluted it with water, I used a q- tip to tap it where it was stained.. Still I couldn't notice anything happening so me being discouraged I poured what was in the dish directly on to the the spots. Continued to scrub, SO now I have some beautifully bleached spots on my off white beige carpet. It looks hideous on the bright side of things the pee spots are gone. Now I am not sure if I liked the pee spots better then what I have done. :rolleyes24:

I have googled stuff looking for a way to fix this but all I am coming up with is to cut and patch the section. Also I have read there are carpet dyes also some one went as far as spray painting theirs to fix it. Dh is not impressed with my handy work lol as I expected, I am not either but I was frustrated and what's done is done. I think these bleached spots are to far away if I were to invest in to a around the toilet throw carpet to hide. I think my boys might have done these because hubby swears it wasn't him :giggle2:

CouponQueen23
02-24-2012, 05:51:56 PM
Went to warm the car up this morning, but left the windshield wipers on last time I drove and tons of snow came flying at me. The kids were laughing at me...LOL

:giggle2: This was me yesterday my 6 yr old thought this was so funny!:hysterical:

Smee
02-24-2012, 06:50:41 PM
I asked the teller at the bank drive-thru for a packet of sugar this morning. What the crap? I don't even use restaurant drive-thrus. Why would I think to ask the bank teller for a packet of sugar to add to my coffee (which I brought from home)? Talk about distracted.

everprincess
02-24-2012, 07:00:58 PM
I left my paycheck in my desk at work. DH had to go back to get for me. DUH day for me!

chitownmelli
02-24-2012, 07:58:37 PM
I asked the teller at the bank drive-thru for a packet of sugar this morning. What the crap? I don't even use restaurant drive-thrus. Why would I think to ask the bank teller for a packet of sugar to add to my coffee (which I brought from home)? Talk about distracted.

You wanna know the sad thing about this, Smee? If I did it, no one would blink an eye, because that's a "melli thing to do" lol!!!

Bet you made that tellers morning by shaking up her/his day a little :D

IntoTheMystic
02-25-2012, 08:01:20 AM

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::h ysterical:

Smee
02-26-2012, 12:05:26 PM
I took a knife and cut off a hunk of cheese for nibbling. Opened the dishwasher and tossed in the hunk of cheese and walked away with the knife. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/dafreakinlurker/smileyneutral.gif

clippyclippy
02-26-2012, 12:45:08 PM
I took a knife and cut off a hunk of cheese for nibbling. Opened the dishwasher and tossed in the hunk of cheese and walked away with the knife. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i263/dafreakinlurker/smileyneutral.gif
I'm starting to worry about you! :hysterical:

Smee
02-26-2012, 12:55:21 PM
Ha, I'm starting to worry about me. My mind seems to be taking a little stroll through The Garden lately. Lots of "bless her heart"s thrown my way lately.:hysterical:

IntoTheMystic
02-26-2012, 01:49:17 PM
This morning I was doing my usual Sunday morning routine- making a list, checking websites, clipping coupons, making my plan to leave for the grocery store. I decided to check FB and posted a message to my niece: "Good luck at the competition. Sorry we can't be there but T has a birthday party at 10 am." As soon as I posted, I realized what an idiot I was. The party was in 30 minutes, and we were 20 miles away and still in our PJ's. We barely made it.

XUfan
02-26-2012, 02:05:52 PM
Ha, I'm starting to worry about me. My mind seems to be taking a little stroll through The Garden lately. Lots of "bless her heart"s thrown my way lately.:hysterical:

Awwww!!!! I'm strolling right along with you! When they start patting your hand when they "bless your heart" , you'll know it's bad!

keylimepie
02-26-2012, 03:37:03 PM
Smee, you are cracking me up:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:, tossing the cheese into the dishwasher, and walking away with the knife, I am visualizing this, too funny:giggle2::giggle2::giggle2:

3timesoccermom
02-26-2012, 03:55:51 PM
Yesterday I almost said "Cancer Center" when I answered the phone. I have not worked there in 25 years. :dontknow1: :rolleyes24:

peggy47
02-26-2012, 04:59:53 PM
Went to Wags to do the deals...got talking to cashier and forgot to tell her to scan a coupon. Got home and looked at receipt and saw I paid $4 for a can of salmon....I don't think so...took it back and had them refund my money...went to another Wags and my RR didn't print...mgr. told me it didn't print cuz I only paid .98...I finally got him to understand that it doesn't matter what I pay, he owed me $2! I now know not to go to his store again! Also had to have fillers at Wags and I went right by the .20 tissues and picked up .39 jello...duh.....is it Monday yet??????

clippyclippy
02-26-2012, 05:52:17 PM
Yesterday I almost said "Cancer Center" when I answered the phone. I have not worked there in 25 years. :dontknow1: :rolleyes24:
When people get Alzheimers and other types of dementia, the long-term memory stays pretty intact...:whistle67:

Editing....please please please don't negative rep me for that :beg4:

3timesoccermom
02-26-2012, 08:12:43 PM
LOL clippy - no chance!!

To the contrary, I would have given you a positive rep but apparently I haven't loved up enough others yet. :wink7:

cintinative
02-26-2012, 08:21:27 PM
well, this wasn't today, but a couple weeks ago I was so tired I almost put coffee creamer in my diet coke (caught myself just as I was about to pour). I also (the same day) thought I was hearing a bad noise from my car and almost freaked out when I realized I was hearing the crosswalk signal for visually impaired people. I tell you--sleep deprivation really messes you up! =)

CouponLuv72
02-26-2012, 08:24:02 PM
My wife and I went to Walmart to price match Nivea Lip care to Walgreens add, 99 cents. Only to learn they won't do it. which was no big deal. another grocery store here had nivea for $1.50 so we were going to do that instead. Found out after all that that our coupons(18 of them sob) had expired yesterday.

I could have cried with my wife over this one:giggle2:

shelleyf
02-26-2012, 08:27:05 PM
The other day I was so tired that I was trying to put my purse into the refrigerator, lol. I put the cheese into the cabinet and the bread into the refrigerator. lol I gave up and went and took a nap, lol When the time of the month comes around I am not myself but this wasn't the time of the month. so I have no excuse.:giggle2:

shelleyf
02-26-2012, 08:30:49 PM
One time I was getting very frustrated trying to get my key into the trunk. I couldn't get it to fit no matter what. I stood there for about 5 minutes and THEN realized it was not my car! lol I am so glad the owner didn't come out of the store.
My Mom did worse than that, lol she got INTO someone's car before and was trying to start it and the person came out and said what are you doing? :hysterical:

JulieDB
02-26-2012, 08:38:04 PM
My husband called for the umpteenth time today. Didn't want anything. And he's not good at making small talk. He just says stupid things or lectures me. This time he was lecturing me about injuring my toe. So I said I had to go. I did. I had to go make my dinner.

So what did he do? Call me on my cell phone! He's like a little child like that. I can see him thinking... Maybe she can talk to me on THIS phone! Gah! He had already called earlier and left a stupid text message and I wanted to delete that anyway. My darned cell phone is bad in that if there is a text message or a voice mail in there, it supercedes anything else I want to do. So I can't answer the phone or place a call until I deal with that first.

I could hear the phone ringing, but I couldn't find it in my purse! After emptying the entire purse out and taking a flashlight to the inside, I realized it wasn't there. But I could hear it ringing from the purse! And there it was, on the floor, under where the purse was. Grrrrr.

kschick96
02-27-2012, 08:41:50 AM
We had spaghetti the other night for dinner. I fixed LO's plate and put parm cheese on top. After I sat it down on the table, I realized it was too hot-so I blew on it and blew parm cheese all over my table and floor.

I usually am good about making sure the pasta is cooled enough to eat before I add the parm cheese-I don't know what I was thinking that night!

cybilx10
02-29-2012, 10:28:05 AM
Got into work, took my keys out of my pocket to open my office door, wouldnt work..I was trying to use my car keys

made myself a cup of coffee this morning, used dish soap instead of the creamer.

went to put my lunch in the fridge in the office, put my keys in the fridge and walked out of the office with my lunch. Now I have my lunch and no keys to get back into my office

And the morning is still early....ugh!!

meggers
02-29-2012, 10:36:08 AM
Got into work, took my keys out of my pocket to open my office door, wouldnt work..I was trying to use my car keys

made myself a cup of coffee this morning, used dish soap instead of the creamer.

went to put my lunch in the fridge in the office, put my keys in the fridge and walked out of the office with my lunch. Now I have my lunch and no keys to get back into my office

Would be a great time to write to Dawn & suggest some new scents. :hysterical:

jenrose
02-29-2012, 10:38:53 AM

:hysterical::hysterical: I think you need to go back to bed. :giggle2:

XUfan
02-29-2012, 10:41:08 AM

Wow!! You and I are on the same wave length today!

Went to the store. When I got home, I parked in the driveway, instead of the garage (on purpose). Hit the remote on my keyring to open the trunk. Got out the bags, and started for the house. Hit the "unlock" button on the remote again! Ummm...it's for the CAR, not the HOUSE!

Hubby went in to work late today, so he could do a fire drill with the 2nd shift staff. So, we went to breakfast. As I was eating, I reached for my glass of ice water. Picked up the honey dispenser instead! Luckily, I realized it before it got to my mouth!

Walking through Aldi's, I couldn't find lemon juice. I saw a guy with a light green polo shirt (what the staff there wears), walking with some cases of something in his arms. I told him I hated to bother him, but I can't find the lemon juice. Then, for some reason, I start rambling about how I know they have to move things around because corporate tells them to, but it makes it hard on the consumer...and that I know they don't always carry the same stuff, so I really hoped they still had lemon juice in stock, because it's so much cheaper there than at Kroger. (I normally don't talk to anyone I don't know...so I have no idea why I was doing this!!) When I finally shut up, he says, "I know what you mean. I don't work here, though. But, I do know where the lemon juice is." Red-faced...I followed his directions, picked it up, and bolted for the checkout lane!

And the day is young!

kremsh
02-29-2012, 10:59:03 AM
I just activated my new debit card at work today (cell phone is home phone #)....when the lovely machine voice asked me to enter my 16 digit card number, instead of punching the numbers into the phone my fingers immediately went to the 10-key machine to enter them!

XUfan
02-29-2012, 11:04:07 AM
I just activated my new debit card at work today (cell phone is home phone #)....when the lovely machine voice asked me to enter my 16 digit card number, instead of punching the numbers into the phone my fingers immediately went to the 10-key machine to enter them!

OMG!!! I've done something similar!!! I pay a few bills over the phone (the ones that charge a fee for online payment). My phone is on my desk at home, and so is my computer. More than once, I've been asked to enter my account number...and I reach for the keyboard, instead of the phone!

cybilx10
02-29-2012, 11:13:00 AM
Would be a great time to write to Dawn & suggest some new scents. :hysterical:

I think so. Cuz the one I grabbed must have been some orange smell and it smelled horrid mixed with my house blend mocha. :giggle2:

:hysterical::hysterical: I think you need to go back to bed. :giggle2:

Sounds good. Wish I could. But Im hoping for a better rest of the day. :biggrin:

Wow!! You and I are on the same wave length today!

Went to the store. When I got home, I parked in the driveway, instead of the garage (on purpose). Hit the remote on my keyring to open the trunk. Got out the bags, and started for the house. Hit the "unlock" button on the remote again! Ummm...it's for the CAR, not the HOUSE!

Hubby went in to work late today, so he could do a fire drill with the 2nd shift staff. So, we went to breakfast. As I was eating, I reached for my glass of ice water. Picked up the honey dispenser instead! Luckily, I realized it before it got to my mouth!

Walking through Aldi's, I couldn't find lemon juice. I saw a guy with a light green polo shirt (what the staff there wears), walking with some cases of something in his arms. I told him I hated to bother him, but I can't find the lemon juice. Then, for some reason, I start rambling about how I know they have to move things around because corporate tells them to, but it makes it hard on the consumer...and that I know they don't always carry the same stuff, so I really hoped they still had lemon juice in stock, because it's so much cheaper there than at Kroger. (I normally don't talk to anyone I don't know...so I have no idea why I was doing this!!) When I finally shut up, he says, "I know what you mean. I don't work here, though. But, I do know where the lemon juice is." Red-faced...I followed his directions, picked it up, and bolted for the checkout lane!

And the day is young!

I have done that before, and the man just looked at me with this dead stare. I felt so bad and of course when I got to the checkout he was in front of me and told me to have a good day. I was soooo embarrassed.

I do that too often. I have to input case #'s into my phone ofr the company insurance and Im usually doing something on the pc right next to me so I jsut start typing on my pc instead of the phone and I dont realize it until it tells me that it did not recognize please retype. :giggle2:

kimandkathess
02-29-2012, 12:07:17 PM
I have had a couple of duh moments lately.
A few weeks ago I had a committee meeting because I volunteer for my sons cub scouts. They are preparing to do a fundraiser and it will be bowling. Well they asked me if I knew where the bowling alley was And i said NO. we went on for a minute or so discussing what locations i knew around the bowling alley and then they got to the road Dyke st, and I said OH, That's the same road the Bowling alley is on...DUH...I had just taken my daughter to a birthday party the week before...I felt so embarrassed LOL, but they all know me and said they needed a laugh. Its all good!

I had another moment yesterday. A bit after lunch I got the crockpot down and had gotten some previously made hamburger stew that I had frozen and stuck them in some water....in the crockpot...the bowl portion comes out to make it easy to clean.
Well I got busy doing something.....and then i look over at the counter and notice the bowl to the crockpot is is not in there...im looking everywhere and DH asks what I am doing......I said Im looking for the bowl that goes in the crockpot, did we send some food home with someone, I said its not in the fridge or the cupboard....he takes me to the sink and points to it with the food and water I had just put in it.....I was just like Duh...Sometimes I don't know where my head is...

Smee
02-29-2012, 03:18:13 PM
I was going to pay my vet bill, but realized that I deposited all my cash this morning. Dug through my pockets and said, "well, crap, I don't have any money." It took me a minute to realize that I have a bank card. Money in the bank = money on the card, duh. I usually pay with cash.

snafu4me
03-02-2012, 10:35:34 AM
happened at work earlier this week

Boss to me ~ "What's Jamie's last name?" (she's one of our clients & the only Jamie we have right now)

Me to Boss ~ "Jamie who?"

We both laughed HARD for a good 5 minutes

momof2inohio
03-02-2012, 11:47:23 AM
Had some errands to run this morning and my car just automatically goes to Target but I didn't need to go there today! So I wasted time and gas.

shelleyf
03-02-2012, 01:58:34 PM
My stupid moment for today was getting out of bed, lol I have been sick for several days with an annoying cold. I was getting tons of energy this morning and feeling so much better so what do I do? I start doing massive chores that I wanted to do like work on getting things ready for Ebay, heavy lifting, etc. Now I am exhausted and sitting in bed because when I lay down I cough some more. I ate some soup and sitting here getting annoyed because I hate to sit still most of the time. I should have stayed in bed, lol

IntoTheMystic
03-02-2012, 02:18:34 PM
I think I had too many stupid moments today to count.:dontknow1:

clippyclippy
03-02-2012, 03:53:57 PM
Had some errands to run this morning and my car just automatically goes to Target but I didn't need to go there today! So I wasted time and gas.
My van has been known to have a mind of it's own sometimes! Don't know why it just goes where it wants to sometimes...:rolleyes24:

chocat
03-03-2012, 11:37:00 PM
after carefully laying out each page from 4 P&G inserts I decided it would be a good idea to use my hubbys T-knife to cut off a set of extraneous pages. yeah, silly me forgetting that he uses that knife to cut nylon straps, cardboard and packing tape all night every night. the blades aren't sharp enough to cut paper anymore.

which I figured out after destroying 3 sets of tide Q's... *facepalm*

Green is Gold
03-20-2012, 06:26:41 PM
XUfan, I thought of you, (and this thread) this weekend.
On Saturday, we had a cookout with the neighbors, and I had a last minute request to make buffalo chicken dip. I was going to make it "hurry up" style, in the crockpot with canned chicken.
I had everything in the crockpot, opened 2 BIG cans of chicken, and it was watery and weird looking! I got out a collander to drain it, all of a sudden I took a wiff, I had been breathing through my mouth, because I don't like the smell of canned meat......IT WAS TUNA!!!!! :hysterical:

In my defense, I don't eat tuna, never have, and I've never opened a can in my life! When I bought it, I picked up the wrong cans, they are right next to each other on the shelf! :rolleyes24:
What a dummy!

JulieDB
03-20-2012, 10:39:12 PM
My weevil spray came today. Big spray can with a tube on the side with the sprayer attached. I had to pull it out of the tape and put it on the top of the can. And as I was doing this I thought... Watch me spray it all over trying to get the top on! Which is exactly what I did. Never did get the top fully on. Got it all over my hands. Squirted some on the side of my electric tea kettle and nailed my Sweet Hungarian Paprika and Garlic powder. So I had to replace them both.

3timesoccermom
03-20-2012, 10:47:25 PM
So Green is Gold what did you do with the tuna??

Green is Gold
03-20-2012, 10:54:32 PM
So Green is Gold what did you do with the tuna??
I was so freaked out and embarrassed, I put it in a container and stuck it in the fridge! :hysterical:
How long does it take for tuna to go bad? I could attempt tuna salad for DH, he eats it a couple times a year. :dontknow1:

3timesoccermom
03-20-2012, 10:59:53 PM
Ha ha!! I thought you were going to say you were so mortified you threw it out! If it was just Saturday I think it'll be good to make tuna salad with on Wednesday but I wouldn't wait much longer to make/consume. :wink7:

XUfan
08-19-2012, 04:43:06 AM
Time to bump this up!!!! I'm ready to hear some new stories!!!

disabledvetswife
08-19-2012, 06:47:18 PM
I have a fractured foot and today's "well that was stupid moment" was:

me sitting on the floor in my daughter's disaster zone (aka her bedroom), trying to pick up her toys. I was stuck on the floor and could not get up, so I slid on my butt over to her trundle bed and when I turned to place my hands on the trundle, my foot twisted and my knee twisted (they also think I may have a fractured knee, but haven't been to the orthopedist yet).

My foot has now re-swollen as well as my knee (the swelling had gone down in both).

That was stupid!

patriciamer26
08-19-2012, 06:54:34 PM
Checking to see when my 10 ECB expired, only to see it was two days ago : (

JulieDB
08-19-2012, 07:10:02 PM
The other night I slammed my own hand in the side by side refrigerator, really hard. I have a big bruise there now.

Forgot to buy olive oil at Costco a few weeks ago. So I picked up a small bottle at Target. Then apparently the next time I did go to Costo, I bought olive oil and forgot about it. So when we were at Winco, I bought some olive oil. Thankfully a really small bottle. And then of course I found the huge Costco bottle. Duh!

Today at Costco I forgot to buy bacon. I don't need it right away. I am just trying to get my stockpile up. And with all those beans in the cupboard, we're gonna want some bacon to go with!

Made two pot roasts today which mostly filled my biggest crockpot. Realized that my next biggest one was not handily on the counter but instead was in the dining room on a shelf. I did have the kind of standard size sitting there. Not sure the size but used to sell for about $20. Decided to put the veggies in there. The meat had already been cooking for about 4 hours on high. I had been very sick throughout the night and still wasn't feeling so great so didn't get up when I intended to.

Realized that all of the veggies wouldn't fit in there so put the rest in with the meat. I know the best thing would be too cook them all together but then I'd need a 12 Qt. pot and I don't even know if they come that big. Anyway...
We got in from Costco and husband immediately began hollering for dinner. I don't know where he went but he got in right when we did. I had to reduce down the meat juice in the large pot. So then of course he came in and got in my way, foraging because when he gets hungry he gets like those freaks in the Snicker's commercials.

Anyway... The veggies in the large pot were fine. Cooked and tender. Ready to eat. The ones in the smaller pot were still hard as a rock. Most likely because the other pot was already hot from the meat. So... I took up everything from the large pot and the smaller pot is still cooking. I hope I can get them done to the same doneness because otherwise it will be yucky. I did add the excess liquid from the larger pot so hopefully that will work.

XUfan
08-19-2012, 07:26:49 PM
This morning, I was looking through the newspaper and stopped at the real estate section. I always look at the picture of the featured house on the front. It's usually a VERY high dollar house...but I love to see how other people live! LOL!! Today's section was "affordable houses in the area." I looked at the picture, and said, "I know I've seen this house. It looks so familiar! I just can't place it." Um...Carol...it's across the street. You look at it every day! DUH!!

JulieDB
08-19-2012, 11:57:40 PM
This morning, I was looking through the newspaper and stopped at the real estate section. I always look at the picture of the featured house on the front. It's usually a VERY high dollar house...but I love to see how other people live! LOL!! Today's section was "affordable houses in the area." I looked at the picture, and said, "I know I've seen this house. It looks so familiar! I just can't place it." Um...Carol...it's across the street. You look at it every day! DUH!!

Last summer a package arrived. My daughter brought it to me. I didn't bother to look at the name or address on it before opening it. I knew I hadn't ordered it but it was around my birthday so assumed it was a present. In the package was some clothing in colors I would never wear and a tiny size. I'm big.

I then saw the address label and it was for an address in a neighboring city. I had no clue where this place would be because the addresses here run very weird. For instance, my house address ends in 8 so you would assume that the houses on either side of me would end in a 6 and a 10. But they don't.

I immediately called Fed Ex. They apparently were able to get in contact with the driver right away. He came right back and picked up the package.

Then I looked online for the address on the label. Not sure which website. Either Zillow.com or another local one that will tell you who owns the property. There was a pic of the house. I was like... Why do I know that house? Then my daughter saw it and said... That's right across the street! Well not quite right across because there is a park there. But if I stand in my front yard it is across and two houses down. Duh! But... The name of the other city is what threw me. I live at the edge of my city and people who live in this area share the same zip code as the other city. Lots of people will claim that they live in that other city because it is considered to be a more prestigous area than the city where I live.

Anyway... I felt pretty stupid to have called Fed Ex back when I could have just walked across the street myself.

XUfan
08-20-2012, 04:21:43 AM
I'm so glad to hear that someone else doesn't recognize the house across the street!!

I don't even have the "not quite across...." defense. This one is directly across the street! And...my husband and I have been talking about how we really hope they sell it soon...but it's sooooo small, has oil heat, well water and no AC. So, I think it's going to be a rough house to sell.

everprincess
08-20-2012, 05:53:35 AM
Drove off this morning with my Diet Coke cup on the top of the car. Of course it went flying in the air with the ice, diet coke and straw everywhere in the road!

jeffcocouponlady
08-22-2012, 04:04:48 PM
Ok now I got one that is going to make you guys laugh for sure. I felt so stupid once it was all done and said. I was on my way to taking my son to the sleep specialist before his surgery a few months back and I had to get medicaid to get a ride for us because I had no way to take him all the way into the city. Well the ride person was late and I was getting a little frustrated so we walked outside and there I see a car and the guy smiles and waves to like come to him. I figured this must be the ride dude. I get the kids in the backseat and then sit in the back myself. Then I notice he is not moving like he was waiting for someone else. Well finally some girl come out of our building and gets in the car and sits in the front seat. She asks the driver what was up and then I realize he is not the ride guy, and he realizes we are not the friends that they were picking up LOL. At this point I am so embarrassed and explain the situation I get the kids out of the car and then go on my way. It had turned out that the people they were picking up were not home, and my ride to the hospital was still not there. As I am walking back into my building a different guy is at the door and he asks me is I am and he says my name. I go yes that is me and he tells me he is here to take us to the Dr appointment. At this point I am embarrassed because I hopped into the wrong car, I am mad cause the ride people were really late to pick us up, and at the same time I am cracking up on the inside asking myself can I be anymore of a dork LOL.

JulieDB
08-22-2012, 04:35:27 PM
Ok now I got one that is going to make you guys laugh for sure. I felt so stupid once it was all done and said. I was on my way to taking my son to the sleep specialist before his surgery a few months back and I had to get medicaid to get a ride for us because I had no way to take him all the way into the city. Well the ride person was late and I was getting a little frustrated so we walked outside and there I see a car and the guy smiles and waves to like come to him. I figured this must be the ride dude. I get the kids in the backseat and then sit in the back myself. Then I notice he is not moving like he was waiting for someone else. Well finally some girl come out of our building and gets in the car and sits in the front seat. She asks the driver what was up and then I realize he is not the ride guy, and he realizes we are not the friends that they were picking up LOL. At this point I am so embarrassed and explain the situation I get the kids out of the car and then go on my way. It had turned out that the people they were picking up were not home, and my ride to the hospital was still not there. As I am walking back into my building a different guy is at the door and he asks me is I am and he says my name. I go yes that is me and he tells me he is here to take us to the Dr appointment. At this point I am embarrassed because I hopped into the wrong car, I am mad cause the ride people were really late to pick us up, and at the same time I am cracking up on the inside asking myself can I be anymore of a dork LOL.

When my dad was last in the hospital, my mom called a cab to pick them up. This is really a long and involved story but the short version is that after a long wait, a man came in and asked for a Jane somebody or other. To which my mom replied, "No. It's Jan!" So the man directed her and my dad into his vehicle that was not a cab. It was one of those medical rides for certain people. Now where this Jane person was, I do not know.

After a while the man said that they had to make a stop at another hospital, which mom mom thought was weird. Eventually the car got to within 2 miles of my parent's house when the dispatcher called and said that Jane was still at the hospital. That is when they all realized the mistake and the man had to turn around and take them back to the hospital.

This whole thing wasted a good two hours and the cab driver was still at the hospital, drinking coffee and wondering where his fare was.

The whole thing is baffling to me because the car that they got into was clearly not a cab. I don't blame my dad for this because he'd had a stroke. He didn't know which end was up. And my mom has some pretty bad eyesight. But still...

peggy47
08-23-2012, 05:08:29 PM
I was on the way to pick up my summer youth worker, and I saw a sign that said "garage sale." So, I make a quick right and going down the street I see a garage door up, looked like a big table in middle of garage and a guy in a wheel chair sitting in front of garage. I stop, jump out, say hello and walk on into his garage and I am looking around thinking "geez, nothing much and it's not marked." I walk out and guy says "are you the visiting nurse?" I look at him and say "hmmmm no, aren't you having a garage sale?" He says "no, that's down the street. I'm waiting for the visiting nurse."

jeffcocouponlady
02-26-2013, 12:06:03 AM
Thought I would revive this thread because stories like this bring a smile to my face. i got one for you all. I am not sure if I have shared this but here it is.....

A few weeks ago I was looking at my house phone looking at the call history and I ran into a number I just did not recognize. I was like I know the city but the number I just do not know. It is 2am and I decide to call the number which is my first mistake it is 2am LOL. Well I am laying on my belly on my laptop on my bed and something scares the heck out of me. My cell phone starts vibrating and ringing (since i have it set to do both) That phone number I did not recognize was my very own cell phone. I could not feel anymore dumb after it was all said and done LOL