PDA

View Full Version : 2012 HCW Biggest Loser Challenge!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kulis
12-29-2011, 12:13:32 PM
I started the 2011 Challenge last year and was pleased with my progress for a few months. Then I stopped. I shouldn't have. I'm psyching myself to start again this year. Anyone interested in joining me?

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2011, 02:09:10 PM
I was just about to start a similar thread challenge! I want to lose at least 35lbs this year (though I would be ecstatic losing closer to 50). Since we just got some new games for the Wii for Christmas that will help with fitness, I'm gonna get serious about it.

XUfan
12-29-2011, 03:33:23 PM
My ultimate goal is 45 pounds. But, I'm not going to look at that goal!!! I'm setting monthly goals, instead. I think if I decide I'm going to lose 4-6 pounds in January, it sounds more attainable than saying I'm going to lose 45 pounds this year. Besides...if I set a long term goal, I keep thinking I have lots of time to reach it. If I set short term goals, I have to focus on accomplishing them in a shorter period of time.

We'll see if it works!

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2011, 03:36:42 PM
That's a good idea, XU! Okay, so... 5 lbs in January! Lol

mbromberg545
12-29-2011, 03:42:17 PM
shorter goals - great idea.

I gained 17lbs in 2011 so I would like to lose at least that, but ideally I would like to lose closer to 40lbs. I need all of the help I can get - probably someone yelling in my ear "put down the candy bar (brownies, cookies, ice cream, etc)".

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 03:46:57 PM
I'm in. I just stepped on the scale, which I've been avoiding. I am at 162.8. I need to lose 20 pounds. I like XUFan's idea of short term goals, though. I want to lose 6-10 pounds in January.

XUfan
12-29-2011, 03:59:58 PM
I'm in. I just stepped on the scale, which I've been avoiding. I am at 162.8. I need to lose 20 pounds. I like XUFan's idea of short term goals, though. I want to lose 6-10 pounds in January.

You'll probably see me dancing when I can say that I weigh 162.8!! LOL!! And I DON'T dance!! It's just not pretty! I'm at 185 right now. It's hard for me to say it...and it looks even worse when I type it! But, I'm not going to weigh that for long!! This is MY year! (I'll be 54 in March! It's about time I had a year, don't you think?)

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 04:18:27 PM
You'll probably see me dancing when I can say that I weigh 162.8!! LOL!! And I DON'T dance!! It's just not pretty! I'm at 185 right now. It's hard for me to say it...and it looks even worse when I type it! But, I'm not going to weigh that for long!! This is MY year! (I'll be 54 in March! It's about time I had a year, don't you think?)

Yes, it's time for you to have your year! :biggrin:

The sad part is, I was 153 lbs last month. That's 9 pounds in one month! It's been a bad month for me, and I tend to use food to push down my feelings, as can be seen. Not good! I was exactly this weight 50 months ago. I started dieting, and walking, then running (couch potato to 5k) and lost 30 pounds. I kept it off for 3 years, and have been putting it back on since then. Obviously, I need to get back to eating right and running. I know that. I just need to do it! Gggrrrr. I'm so mad at myself!

Do you have a plan yet?

kimandkathess
12-29-2011, 04:40:37 PM
Im still actively trying to lose weight. Its a huge battle for me. I have thyroid problems they are still trying to figure out what is wrong with me and i seem to keep getting the run around, that combined with all my other health issues makes me just plain tired all the time.
I am eating gluten free now. Have been since December 12th. I have celiac disease. Im trying to stay as far away from processed as i can so im not really replacing the grains all the much in my diet with process things.
I stick to:
Rice
Oatmeal
Rice noodles
Corn and rice chex
Puffed corn cereal and puffed rice cereal
I also bought and have made some gluten free flours to make things when i feel like it.

I had gotten down to 175 this past year, went up to 195 again, got back down to 182 and back up to 190 over the holidays. I am again back down to 186.8 :)
Ultimate goal 130 lbs - 140 lbs so From 190 a 50 to 60 pound weight loss.
Hoping to excerise if I have the engery.

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2011, 05:00:41 PM
Wow, I am definitely above 200... I think I'll do a happy dance if the scale ever says 1xx. :hysterical:

trvaliant
12-29-2011, 10:43:17 PM
What about a biggest loser type challenge...could we do some sort of incentive?
I've never been in a challenge like this but I remember a few years back (when I was still a working girl-well, I work now, just at home and for no pay-LOL!) all the gals in my unit (nurses) had a weigh-in and a pool for moola. It was like $10 for each person to weigh in and then we weighed in weekly? It was all based on percentage weight lost like the show, not just pounds lost. So that made it more far for those who are closer to their ideal weight. Just some thoughts...I'm definitely needing motivation and an incentive would be awesome!

CW&M Mom
12-30-2011, 12:56:13 AM
Okay when I left on vacation I was down to 225 (started at 250). This is with the help of topomax..which has helped changed my metabolism (which is good since it was flipping medication that started messing my metabolism in the first place! I used to be skinny!!!).

I have stopped using any caffeine.
I don't drink any soda other then if we are at a sit down restaurant (which is rare).
I have severely limited my milk and dairy intake.

I have one package of weight control oatmeal for breakfast.
I often have an apple for lunch if I remember to eat lunch.
I eat a normal dinner.

I eat one fiber Advance gummy a day and Align probiotic.

And I've been losing about 2lbs a week. No exercise at all LOL.. I think I'm finally to the point that I going to be down a size on my jeans soon.

katieyj
12-30-2011, 03:54:08 AM
I'm down 22 lbs, I think some of that is creeping back right now, I quit smoking too. But I have at the least another 30 to go. And I'm not setting the number, doctor is. So now that the holidays are almost over it's time to re-stock my kitchen with mucho veggies and get back into 1400 cal a day and exercising.

I did go to the store last night and bought many veggies to make a pot of that diet soup, figured I'd use that to jump start come Monday. Then it's walk and zumba here I come LOL

cpaige
12-30-2011, 04:43:14 AM
My neighbor and I are starting a weight loss challenge here! I'm so in with you guys as well. I love to work out but seem to put it off b/c of my little guy. I don't like to say that I want to lose xx amount of weight, but rather find a certain shirt or jeans that I love (already in my closet) and say that I want to get back into that!!

I also need to do some serious work on these arms of mine. When I wave, I can wave for a week! They jiggle that much! eewww Hate them!

I have Dr. Ian Smith's Fat Smash Diet (celebrity fit club guy) and I love it!! It's so easy to follow and it helps you re-learn what to eat and how much of it to eat. Found it on either ebay or amazon. Now, ...to follow it!

XUfan
12-30-2011, 05:07:35 AM

Do you have a plan yet?

Thanks!!

My "plan" isn't as structured as some of the other people who have posted here. I've been down this road so many times, and I know what won't work for me. If it's too structured ("you can only eat this and/or that), I'll fail. Also, with a limited grocery budget, I can't restock my house with "diet" foods, so I have to find a way to work around what I have on hand.

So...my plan will be loosely based on Weight Watchers. I've done it before, so I know how to count points, etc. I have an old points counter from about 6 or 7 years ago (I know that the plan has changed since then, but this is the one I know how to use). I will set my points according to the chart that I have, and keep a journal. I'll also drink the 12 glasses of water each day (which really seems to help me!). Since I still have to cook for a family, it's all going to be about portion size. I can still have a potato...just not a huge one! I can still have bread...just 1 slice instead of 4 or 5. And, if they're having something really bad, like mac & cheese, I'll just have another vegetable instead.

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 07:42:48 AM
Okay when I left on vacation I was down to 225 (started at 250). This is with the help of topomax..which has helped changed my metabolism (which is good since it was flipping medication that started messing my metabolism in the first place! I used to be skinny!!!).

I have stopped using any caffeine.
I don't drink any soda other then if we are at a sit down restaurant (which is rare).
I have severely limited my milk and dairy intake.

I have one package of weight control oatmeal for breakfast.
I often have an apple for lunch if I remember to eat lunch.
I eat a normal dinner.

I eat one fiber Advance gummy a day and Align probiotic.

And I've been losing about 2lbs a week. No exercise at all LOL.. I think I'm finally to the point that I going to be down a size on my jeans soon.

:BigHand:

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 07:50:57 AM
Thanks!!

My "plan" isn't as structured as some of the other people who have posted here. I've been down this road so many times, and I know what won't work for me. If it's too structured ("you can only eat this and/or that), I'll fail. Also, with a limited grocery budget, I can't restock my house with "diet" foods, so I have to find a way to work around what I have on hand.

So...my plan will be loosely based on Weight Watchers. I've done it before, so I know how to count points, etc. I have an old points counter from about 6 or 7 years ago (I know that the plan has changed since then, but this is the one I know how to use). I will set my points according to the chart that I have, and keep a journal. I'll also drink the 12 glasses of water each day (which really seems to help me!). Since I still have to cook for a family, it's all going to be about portion size. I can still have a potato...just not a huge one! I can still have bread...just 1 slice instead of 4 or 5. And, if they're having something really bad, like mac & cheese, I'll just have another vegetable instead.

I think your plan sounds like a good one...more about healthy eating than a "diet".

I am going to do what i know works for me. I am going to eat a fiber one bar for breakfast, as many pretzels/almonds/raw fruit/veggies whenever I want, lean cuisine for lunch and dinner. I am not giving up coffee. I never drink soda anyway. and lots of water. We rarely eat out, so that's not a problem. I stink at making choices, and counting calories, and all that so this lets me know ahead of time what i'll be eating and when. that way i'm not fantasizing about meals, and slipping in calories when i shouldn't be. I know the salt content is high in lean cuisines, but i'm not too worried about it.

I like trvaliant's idea of a challenge using percentages. Does anyone else. We could weigh in once a week. losers could mail out envies of coupons to the winners?

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 10:22:29 AM
What about a monthly challenge, instead of a weekly or a yearly one? That way it doesn't get too overwhelming, but it's still often enough to be motivating? We can still base it on percentages.

jenrose
12-30-2011, 11:07:05 AM
I wish this thread had a wiki so we could do a monthly check up in the form of Starting XXX.......XX.........X........xxx......xx.......x. .......XX Goal

I don't like to 'diet' so what I need to do is start exercising more and substituting healthier items for some unhealthier items. I tend to go on & off soda but more off than on these days. This is a far cry from where I was a year or 2 ago when I would drink 3-6 cans a day every day! But even when I cut that out completely it did nothing for my weight. Exercising is what is my key to any weight loss.

So I now need to re-instate the exercise habit. Easier said then done but I must try! I feel better when I exercise it's just hard to start new habits and make them last. But I know I NEED to!

kimandkathess
12-30-2011, 04:09:01 PM
I too wish we had wiki in here.
When I started the thread last year I was the only one that could update it and things got so overwhelming....people left and it was just so hard to do all by myself....:(

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 04:17:25 PM
I can always edit a challenge if someone else starts it. I can edit any post in this forum... Part of my super powers. :giggle2:

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 04:21:10 PM
I went to Modland and asked about a wiki feature, so maybe we'll get one. I will keep you posted!

chitownmelli
12-30-2011, 04:25:22 PM
I commented on your super powers ha ha ha ha :P :P :P :P :P

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 04:32:50 PM
It stinks that there isn't a Wiki, but I don't mind managing/editing the thread if everyone agrees.

IGNORE THIS PART IF WE GET A WIKI...
I think it would hold us more accountable if we did it weekly. How about this...anyone who wants to be in on a Biggest Loser 2012 Weight Loss Challenge, would go to a new thread, which I haven't posted yet. We have to move to a new thread, I think, and not assume everyone who already posted on this thread WANTS to be in on a challenge. Some people don't want pressure. We can keep this thread for comments/advice/questions/support, etc. And just use the new thread for our %'s. That would keep it cleaner.
In the new thread, we can put the rules. This is what I was thinking:

1) Starts Jan 1, 2012 but people can join in later weeks if they want.
2) Percentage based (weight lost/gained for the week divided by starting weight).
3) People do not have to disclose their actual weight, just their percentage gained or lost rounded to the nearest 10th if possible. Participants should try to weigh themselves to the nearest 10th, too, for accuracy if their scale allows them to.
4) Weigh-ins are 1x per week (Sundays?) Participants post their percentage any time on Sunday before midnight, and I will then combine them all onto one page for easy reading on Monday.
5) We don't need to do "prizes" but if anyone wants to RAOK the winners, or losers, or anyone else that needs support, they can.

What does everyone think? Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. If I am, let me know. I'm not much of an organizer but I REALLY need to do something!

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 04:34:21 PM
I went to Modland and asked about a wiki feature, so maybe we'll get one. I will keep you posted!

Whoops! I typed too slow and didn't see this. We still need rules, though, so everyone weigh in

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 04:41:32 PM
Lol, either way, yes, we would need a new thread.

What I should have said that while I like the idea of weighing in weekly, I was just thinking, though, that I don't have the memory or coupon capacity to mail out RAOKs to the winners every week, but I could probably do it monthly. :smile:

I like the rules you came up with, though.

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 04:44:36 PM
:BigHand:Yay!The wiki magically appeared. Yay!

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 04:45:03 PM
We gots a WIKI!!!

Now everyone make sure to go thank Heidi (queenofthehivemomof5) for hooking us up! :biggrin:

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 04:51:16 PM
We gots a WIKI!!!

Now everyone make sure to go thank Heidi (queenofthehivemomof5) for hooking us up! :biggrin:

That is sweet! I'll PM her soon.

If you want to be in on the first week's challenge, please put your name in the Wiki.

jenrose
12-30-2011, 05:51:34 PM
Ask & you shall receive! Love it. Thanks for doing the asking Julie!

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 06:19:13 PM
What I should have said that while I like the idea of weighing in weekly, I was just thinking, though, that I don't have the memory or coupon capacity to mail out RAOKs to the winners every week, but I could probably do it monthly. :smile:

I think you're right. Let's just RAOK coupons or whatever (not sure what the rules are) to the monthly winners. Weekly is too much.

Kulis
12-30-2011, 06:24:47 PM
Sounds like a great challenge. I'm in. I won't know numbers, though, until I bravely step on the scale on Jan. 1.

Last year I used SparkPeople to track my calorie intake. I really needed to do that, but I thought the process was cumbersome. Thoughts?

IntoTheMystic
12-30-2011, 06:29:55 PM
Sounds like a great challenge. I'm in. I won't know numbers, though, until I bravely step on the scale on Jan. 1.

Last year I used SparkPeople to track my calorie intake. I really needed to do that, but I thought the process was cumbersome. Thoughts?

Make sure you put your name in the Wiki! You don't need to tell us your weight EVER if you don't want to. Next Sunday, just figure out your percentage and post that. Instructions are in the Wiki.

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 06:30:01 PM
Same here, Kulis, it was a PITA using Spark People.

Maybe I should go app hunting.

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 06:33:42 PM
Edited the thread title.

cody82414
12-30-2011, 06:39:40 PM
new games for the Wii for Christmas that will help with fitness, I'm gonna get serious about it.

What games do you (anyone) recommend??

cody82414
12-30-2011, 06:42:31 PM

The sad part is, I was 153 lbs last month. That's 9 pounds in one month! It's been a bad month for me, and I tend to use food to push down my feelings, as can be seen. Not good! I was exactly this weight 50 months ago. I started dieting, and walking, then running (couch potato to 5k) and lost 30 pounds. I kept it off for 3 years, and have been putting it back on since then. Obviously, I need to get back to eating right and running. I know that. I just need to do it! Gggrrrr. I'm so mad at myself!

Do you have a plan yet?

Here (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/personal-challenges-support/453470-2012-get-keep-moving-what-your-fitness-goals-2012-what-did-you-do-today-achieve-them.html) is the fitness challenge thread.
Please join us for daily encouragement and support

cody82414
12-30-2011, 06:50:34 PM
Exercising is what is my key to any weight loss.

So I now need to re-instate the exercise habit. Easier said then done but I must try! I feel better when I exercise it's just hard to start new habits and make them last. But I know I NEED to!

Here (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/personal-challenges-support/453470-2012-get-keep-moving-what-your-fitness-goals-2012-what-did-you-do-today-achieve-them.html) is the fitness challenge thread!!
Join us:wavehi:

cody82414
12-30-2011, 06:51:34 PM
I too wish we had wiki in here.
When I started the thread last year I was the only one that could update it and things got so overwhelming....people left and it was just so hard to do all by myself....:(

yeppers.
It's a lot of work without the wiki

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 06:58:05 PM
What games do you (anyone) recommend??

I love the Zumba Fitness 2 game. I did an hour class Wednesday and again today, and it said I burned over 900 calories! We also have the Michael Jacksn Experience and Just Dance 2 which are both fun, but you are sweting your buns off after a few songs.

cody82414
12-30-2011, 07:17:39 PM
I love the Zumba Fitness 2 game. I did an hour class Wednesday and again today, and it said I burned over 900 calories! We also have the Michael Jacksn Experience and Just Dance 2 which are both fun, but you are sweting your buns off after a few songs.

is there a difference between Wii and Wii fit?

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 07:22:58 PM
is there a difference between Wii and Wii fit?

Wii Fit is a fitness game for the Wii game system.

dianee
12-30-2011, 08:33:25 PM
I'm in. I need an anomynous support system. My family makes me insane. They are all super skinny and when they know I"m trying to lose weight, they get all up in my face, what did you eat today, how much did you lose, did you work out, how do you feel, blah blah blah. Sometimes that is enough to make me want to binge. So far I have lost 17% and my goal for 2012 is another 17%. LET'S DO THIS!!!! :excited77:

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 08:50:39 PM
I'm in. I need an anomynous support system. My family makes me insane. They are all super skinny and when they know I"m trying to lose weight, they get all up in my face, what did you eat today, how much did you lose, did you work out, how do you feel, blah blah blah. Sometimes that is enough to make me want to binge. So far I have lost 17% and my goal for 2012 is another 17%. LET'S DO THIS!!!! :excited77:

Welcome to MY household... I haven't mentioned to them what I'm doing either.

ScrappyDoo
12-31-2011, 06:08:41 AM
I'm in. I want to lose 35 Lbs. I lost 20 and then gained back 25 in the last year. :sad3: Let's DO THIS!!!!

IntoTheMystic
12-31-2011, 06:28:06 AM
Edited the thread title.

Thank you! I love it!

XUfan
12-31-2011, 06:29:22 AM
When I saw that the title had changed, and it's more of a competition, I immediately backed away!! I'm not competitive...and I tend to be a bad loser. I guess it's odd, because I always WANT to win...but I'm the first to give up if I'm not doing as well as other people. I think it has something to do with my social anxiety issues, which have a lot to do with the fact that I don't deal well with judgemental people. Not saying that any of you would judge me!! But, in my mind, I'm thinking that everyone is. It's a huge hurdle for me to overcome, and after almost 54 years, I'm still nowhere near conquering it.

So...I'm going to lose the weight...but I just can't do the challenge. Good luck to all of you!!

IntoTheMystic
12-31-2011, 06:34:12 AM
When I saw that the title had changed, and it's more of a competition, I immediately backed away!! I'm not competitive...and I tend to be a bad loser. I guess it's odd, because I always WANT to win...but I'm the first to give up if I'm not doing as well as other people. I think it has something to do with my social anxiety issues, which have a lot to do with the fact that I don't deal well with judgemental people. Not saying that any of you would judge me!! But, in my mind, I'm thinking that everyone is. It's a huge hurdle for me to overcome, and after almost 54 years, I'm still nowhere near conquering it.

So...I'm going to lose the weight...but I just can't do the challenge. Good luck to all of you!!

NNNNOOOOOO, XUFan! Don't go away!!!! You don't have to enter the competition. Just don't post in the Wiki, that's all. You can still offer, and get, support and encouragement just by posting and reading the thread. We'll only put "competition" info in the WIKI. Please reconsider? We won't be competitive, and we won't judge. I promise!!!! Even the "prizes" are optional in this "competition"

XUfan
12-31-2011, 06:52:39 AM
NNNNOOOOOO, XUFan! Don't go away!!!! You don't have to enter the competition. Just don't post in the Wiki, that's all. You can still offer, and get, support and encouragement just by posting and reading the thread. We'll only put "competition" info in the WIKI. Please reconsider? We won't be competitive, and we won't judge. I promise!!!! Even the "prizes" are optional in this "competition"

I think that's what I was trying to say. I still want to lose the weight...and I'll still do everything I can to lose it. But I just can't join in the competition. I'll be here. I might not post much...but I'll be here.

isabel
12-31-2011, 06:54:08 AM
I'm well over 200 lbs and want to lose wait. My husband and I are trying to lose weight together. I've lost small amounts before but I really hope to see a big difference this year. I'd love to lose a total of 80 - 90 lbs but I think by setting smaller goals each month I could stay focused more.

Count me in. I need all the support I can get.

VivaciousJewelz
12-31-2011, 07:13:00 AM
I'm in. I want to lose 35 Lbs. I lost 20 and then gained back 25 in the last year. :sad3: Let's DO THIS!!!!

:encourage2: Let's DO THIS!!!!!

I think that's what I was trying to say. I still want to lose the weight...and I'll still do everything I can to lose it. But I just can't join in the competition. I'll be here. I might not post much...but I'll be here.

Awww, please keep posting! If you don't, I'll have to come find you via PM and bug you. :wink7:

IntoTheMystic
12-31-2011, 07:39:29 AM
I'm well over 200 lbs and want to lose wait. My husband and I are trying to lose weight together. I've lost small amounts before but I really hope to see a big difference this year. I'd love to lose a total of 80 - 90 lbs but I think by setting smaller goals each month I could stay focused more.

Count me in. I need all the support I can get.

I'm glad you're in. Feel free to put Hub's name (use an alias) in the Wiki, too, if you want. and report on him :) The more the merrier.

XUfan
12-31-2011, 09:34:05 AM
OK...after talking to my husband about this, I decided to join the competition. This is a BIG step for me! But, isn't the New Year all about changing things for the good? So, let's see if this works out to be a positive for me.

I'm in!!!

Oh...the other thing (TMI alert!!)...my hubby saw the place on my side where my bra digs in and asked if it was painful. I told him it was...and that's the reason I'm always saying that I'm not comfortable in anything that I wear. He said I should buy a bigger size. I told him...this IS the bigger size!! I'm done buying bigger...I want to buy smaller!!! And just so you don't think he's a jerk...he hugged me and told me it didn't matter to him if I lost the weight. He loves me just the way I am!

***Um...I can fix "fat" but I can't fix "stupid"!! And apparently I'm not smart enough to figure out how to use a Wiki! I clicked on "edit" but I can't type in it! (I want to be BLUE!!)

XUfan
12-31-2011, 01:05:21 PM
Thank you....to whoever fixed the Wiki and included my name! I have no idea why it won't work for me.

One question. Are we all weighing in on the same day? Please tell me it's not Mondays!

kimandkathess
12-31-2011, 02:30:19 PM
My official weigh in day is mondays :) thats what i chose, but i think we are weighing in on the fist as our official weigh in for the beginning and then weighing on the 7th which is saturday so i think wieght day is saturday/sundays

Im down to 175.2 this morning from 190 a week or so ago. i did eat a small bag of salt and vinager chips today though :( I was out and about and sometimes its hard for me to find somethign to eat, having to eat gluten free and all, and if i dont' eat i shake worse than i usually do, so i had to grab something to eat.

VivaciousJewelz
12-31-2011, 02:40:50 PM
Why don't we all just weight in whatever day we want? Esp since most of us can edit the wiki. I'll probably do Sundays.

XU- I'm so glad you decided to join us! This will be a good competition, you'll see!

pam0815
12-31-2011, 03:34:21 PM
My official weigh in day is mondays :) thats what i chose, but i think we are weighing in on the fist as our official weigh in for the beginning and then weighing on the 7th which is saturday so i think wieght day is saturday/sundays

Im down to 175.2 this morning from 190 a week or so ago. i did eat a small bag of salt and vinager chips today though :( I was out and about and sometimes its hard for me to find somethign to eat, having to eat gluten free and all, and if i dont' eat i shake worse than i usually do, so i had to grab something to eat.
I'm still deciding if I wanna join yet but I saw your post and I was wondering...what does gluten have to do with shaking? I have been shaking alot lately and I was hoping for an answer lol...tia

kimandkathess
12-31-2011, 05:19:54 PM
Actually the shaking doesnt have anything to do with gluten.

I also have thryoid problems. We are working on figuring out the exact problem but tremors are a side effect of that. I pretty much shake all the time, but if I don't eat every 3 hours at least the shaking gets worse, i don't know if that is thyroid related or something else i am not even aware of. I have to find a gluten free food though because I also have celiac disease, which means I cant have wheat, barley and rye.... Alot of my problems intertwine.
People with celiac often have thryoid problems too.

dianee
12-31-2011, 10:09:46 PM
I want to add my name but I don't know how to. Could you please tell me?

VivaciousJewelz
12-31-2011, 11:10:10 PM
Right under the first post on each page, do you see the box called "Community Wiki"? Click the edit button and scroll to the bottom under everyone else's name and just add your own!

dianee
12-31-2011, 11:54:11 PM
What edit button? :confused58::help22:

piercedanubis
01-01-2012, 12:46:00 AM
I would like to join also. My weigh in day is Monday (trying weight watchers again lol). Thanks for the support.

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 05:22:26 AM
Why don't we all just weight in whatever day we want? Esp since most of us can edit the wiki. I'll probably do Sundays.

XU- I'm so glad you decided to join us! This will be a good competition, you'll see!

Good morning, Everyone, and Happy New Year. If you are starting the challenge today, don't forget to weigh yourself :biggrin:

Yes, VJ, I think you're right- everyone should just pick whatever weigh-in day of the week works best for them and just post their % when their week is over.

I added days to the challenge, please pick a day when you are all ready :hectic:

Good Luck!

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 05:37:47 AM
i think we are weighing in on the fist as our official weigh in for the beginning and then weighing on the 7th which is saturday so i think wieght day is saturday/sundays

Hi KK, You can tell i don't watch the Biggest Loser...now that you wrote that, I realized it doesn't make sense to weigh-in twice a week. I fixed it in the wiki. Sorry! ITM

XUfan
01-01-2012, 05:42:26 AM
Good Morning!

I weighed in this morning...just because it's the first of the month. My weekly weigh-in day will be Friday. So, I'm not sure how this should be posted in the Wiki.

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 05:52:46 AM
Good Morning!

I weighed in this morning...just because it's the first of the month. My weekly weigh-in day will be Friday. So, I'm not sure how this should be posted in the Wiki.

Oh, Geez, XU Fan! I stink at this organizing stuff. hadn't thought of that. Let me go back and fix up the wiki...before everyone sees what a mess i've made of it

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 05:57:23 AM
I've been over-thinking the weigh-in day issue. Since we can all edit the wiki, we'll know the week is over when everyone has posted their percentage, right?

isabel
01-01-2012, 06:03:07 AM
Ok, I've weighed in. Ready to begin the weight loss journey!

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 06:03:39 AM
I'm still deciding if I wanna join yet but I saw your post and I was wondering...what does gluten have to do with shaking? I have been shaking alot lately and I was hoping for an answer lol...tia

Pam, please join us! We need all the help and support and encouragement we can get.

VivaciousJewelz
01-01-2012, 07:13:58 AM
What edit button? :confused58::help22:

Everyone should see an edit button in the bottom right corner of the community wiki.

I will add your name, though. :smile:

VivaciousJewelz
01-01-2012, 07:16:18 AM
Okay, I weighed myself. I am at 0 lbs lost. :giggle2: Good luck everyone!!!

tacatcon
01-01-2012, 07:21:57 AM
Can people still join up ladies?

ScrappyDoo
01-01-2012, 07:34:10 AM
Yup...peeps can still join.....................wanna join us Tara?

I just weighed myself and I have GAINED 2 Lbs since last week. Freakin' cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

VivaciousJewelz
01-01-2012, 07:39:46 AM
Join away!

tacatcon
01-01-2012, 08:07:09 AM
I definitely should be joining! Gotta think about whether I'm going to follow through with posting though. That's the second hardest part.

Kulis
01-01-2012, 08:41:53 AM
I bravely stepped on the scale this morning to get my start weight. I didn't like what I saw, but it's not as bad as it could have been.
My weigh-in day will be Monday.

XUfan
01-01-2012, 09:12:54 AM
I didn't like what I saw either! I'm up 3 pounds from before Christmas.

I'm not actually starting my plan until Tuesday. We're not doing our New Year's Dinner until tomorrow. I'll just try to be good today and tomorrow...and start fresh on Tuesday. That only gives me 3 days before weigh-in on Friday, but it's ok. I've done it like this before.

OK...full disclosure! I just have to say it...even if nobody else is. My weight this morning was 187. That's the most I've EVER weighed....even during pregnancies!! I can't wait to see what I look like by summer!!! That number actually gave me motivation!

cybilx10
01-01-2012, 10:37:19 AM
Im in. I will do my weigh in on Mondays.
I dont have a set amount to lose, but I would like to lose at least 5 pounds a month. I would love to see a weight in the mid 100's instead of touching the 200 range.

Good Luck everyone.. And I am just like tacatcon, Im gonna need all the help and probing and reminding to keep me with this.

CourtStamps
01-01-2012, 12:28:47 PM
Oooh! Count me in! I will weigh in on Mondays and I'd like to lose 25 lbs.

trvaliant
01-01-2012, 01:35:44 PM
Ok, I have read every post...

I'm totally in. And not because I'd love to win (because that will mean I succeeded and lost lots of weight to help me to be more healthy), but because as I read the previous posts, people sharing such open and honest things like Xufan and your social anxiety and fear of competing and about your bra diggin into your side and your hubby hugging you...

That could bring me to tears...

I also fear very socially anxietyish. In fact, most days, I feel like my only friends are here on HCW. Very sad and pathetic I know, but it's honest. I have a very loving and supportive hubby but this past year has pretty much sucked. I started out in Nov '10 weighing 201 pounds and by March '11 was down to 149. Unfortunately, I thought from the rapid (intentional) weight loss, I lost about 1/4 of my hair---maybe more. It was awful. SO I stopped dieting. I slowly began to put the weight back on. Then this summer, my little sister tried to take her life and my stress and thus weight spiraled out of control...so *big gulp* here I am today FULL DISCLOSURE, weighing in at 202 pounds...highest ever and after all that hard work, I out back on every last pound plus one. So, I begin with all of you and I pray that I do find the supports, encouragement and friendship here that I so long for. I could use any ideas, thoughts, prayers, cyber hugs, etc any of you have for me.

:-) Renay

trvaliant
01-01-2012, 01:39:35 PM
Oh PS I still love the idea of rewarding those who do well, even if it is optional.
And if we start out weekly can we move over to monthly if we find we aren't super faithful at posting? Or can one of you come over and smack me on the head to get me to post each Sunday?

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 01:56:38 PM
Oooh! Count me in! I will weigh in on
Mondays and I'd like to lose 25 lbs.

I put your name in the Wiki :)

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 02:13:45 PM
Anyone know how we can make addresses available for winners/losers/those who need encouragement? i've never done a train, so I think some of you have more experience in how to do this?

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 02:19:13 PM
And if we start out weekly can we move over to monthly if we find we aren't super faithful at posting?

Yes! No real rules here, whatever works best for you!

VivaciousJewelz
01-01-2012, 02:44:36 PM
Well how about everyone can PM me their addy and then whoever wants to send envie to the winner can PM me and I can PM them the address of the winner?

XUfan
01-01-2012, 02:45:44 PM
Changed my WI date to Monday. It was lonely all by myself on Friday!

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 03:05:18 PM
Well how about everyone can PM me their addy and then whoever wants to send envie to the winner can PM me and I can PM them the address of the winner?

Sounds good! Thanks for offering to handle that!

trvaliant
01-01-2012, 03:19:04 PM

This should somehow be listed in the wiki or something so newbies know to do it, along with letting peeps know the challenge has the optional "winner" component. I like the idea of being able to get a challengers address anonymously and send them a note of support or encouragement or something...Lord knows I could use that myself;-)

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 03:24:59 PM
This should somehow be listed in the wiki or something so newbies know to do it, along with letting peeps know the challenge has the optional "winner" component. I like the idea of being able to get a challengers address anonymously and send them a note of support or encouragement or something...Lord knows I could use that myself;-)

Ask and ye shall receive :biggrin:

ffagirl15
01-01-2012, 03:38:11 PM
Ok, I'm joining in. I have been needing to work on my weight. I have been plateaued for a while now and I just need to get myself out of my 5 lb range I have been in for 3 years now. I will be weighing in on Sundays.

rheavon
01-01-2012, 04:02:13 PM
I'm in, weighing in on Sundays. I can't wait to hear about everyone's transformations!

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 04:11:51 PM
I'm in, weighing in on Sundays. I can't wait to hear about everyone's transformations!

I can't wait to hear about everyone's successes, either! :BigHand: We can do this! This is our year!

dianee
01-01-2012, 05:31:19 PM
Everyone should see an edit button in the bottom right corner of the community wiki.

I will add your name, though. :smile:

Thanks so much. Guess you have to be logged in to see the edit button. :duh77: Still learning...

kimandkathess
01-01-2012, 07:22:25 PM
Last night was not good to me....I had lots o munchis and 4 glasses of wine, glad that day is only once a year. Im thinking i might be around 187...we will see...

jessica117
01-01-2012, 07:36:14 PM
Ok.I'm in.after much thinking on it.I need the support tho.
My weight 224 would like to lose around 50 to 60 pounds.
I'll weigh in mondays.

jenrose
01-01-2012, 07:48:54 PM
OK, I added an additional section in the wiki I hope that's alright with everyone. I am not interested in really being in a challenge as I have found that loosing weight slowly makes it easier for me to keep it off. But I do want to track my progress and have the comradery here so I added just a tracker section to track progress as we go that is not 'challenge' based. Anyone who is in the challenges or not can track their progress via either weight amounts or pounds lost.

I weighed myself today just after getting out of the shower. I had wet hair and a towel on my head figuring if I didn't like the number I could blame it on the extra water weight. :giggle2:

I have to loose 30lbs to be back to my pre-kids weight but I think 20lbs lost would be more resonable of a goal for me at this point.

IntoTheMystic
01-02-2012, 05:55:02 AM
OK, I added an additional section in the wiki I hope that's alright with everyone. I am not interested in really being in a challenge as I have found that loosing weight slowly makes it easier for me to keep it off. But I do want to track my progress and have the comradery here so I added just a tracker section to track progress as we go that is not 'challenge' based. Anyone who is in the challenges or not can track their progress via either weight amounts or pounds lost.

I weighed myself today just after getting out of the shower. I had wet hair and a towel on my head figuring if I didn't like the number I could blame it on the extra water weight. :giggle2:

I have to loose 30lbs to be back to my pre-kids weight but I think 20lbs lost would be more resonable of a goal for me at this point.

Jen, I love the addition to the Wiki! Great idea! Welcome aboard :BigHand:

IntoTheMystic
01-02-2012, 06:03:19 AM
Last night was not good to me....I had lots o munchis and 4 glasses of wine, glad that day is only once a year. Im thinking i might be around 187...we will see...

KK, that's a good thing. You are a Monday weigh-in, so those extra calories will boost your starting number and give you a higher % in the end. See? And, if you don't buy that...Today is a new day. We can always start over. :smile:

cody82414
01-02-2012, 06:47:38 AM
I am SO happy for you all <3

XUfan
01-02-2012, 07:14:20 AM
KK, that's a good thing. You are a Monday weigh-in, so those extra calories will boost your starting number and give you a higher % in the end. See? And, if you don't buy that...Today is a new day. We can always start over. :smile:

I love the positive outlook!!!

When I was on WW six years ago, one of my diet buddies had a saying that I love. If someone slipped up and had a bad day (or week!) and wanted to give up, she'd say, "If you broke ONE egg, you wouldn't throw out the whole dozen, would you?"

abuck4429
01-02-2012, 07:47:01 AM
I added my name to the wiki. I have got to get my weight together. My soon to be hubby and I have been hitting the gym pretty good but I haven't seen any real weight loss. I have started to see some definition in my arms and got super excited about that. We have both decided to go low carb for the new year (and our upcoming wedding.) It is what works for us, we have both lost weight that way with exercise also. I don't have a real goal, but I just want to feel comfortable in my body again.

IntoTheMystic
01-02-2012, 08:41:00 AM
Ihe just want to feel comfortable in my body again.

Me, too! Yesterday I took a look in the mirror and said, "This is the last day I will be this fat again." And believe me, I wanted that popcorn at the movie theatre, but knowing I had to report to all you ladies made me think again :biggrin:

kimandkathess
01-02-2012, 09:11:06 AM
A bit dissapointed here, my scale said 190 this morning....so thats my start weight....

kimandkathess
01-02-2012, 09:13:22 AM
How do we figure out our percentage lost?

XUfan
01-02-2012, 09:15:05 AM
A bit dissapointed here, my scale said 190 this morning....so thats my start weight....

I understand! My scale said 187 yesterday...then 188.5 today. I'm not actually starting until tomorrow, so I'll post tomorrow's weight as my starting weight. Since you and I are starting off at pretty close to the same weight, I might be PMing you a lot this year! I like having someone to talk to who is in the same weight range, and has the same goals.

IntoTheMystic
01-02-2012, 09:26:54 AM
How do we figure out our percentage lost?

In case you forget, it's in the Wiki, but here it is:

(Starting weight)-(Ending weight)/(starting weight) * 100 = % lost

greenfrog57
01-02-2012, 09:40:28 AM
Joining this challenge! I will edit wiki with my info.....
142.2 - goal 127 this go round -- would love to hit it by my wedding anniversary of 3/31

Logged into sparkpeople this am for the 1st time since early 2011.

My biggest problem is snacking, especially with kiddos stressing me and in the evenings.... I need to drink more water.
I am a gym rat, with workouts most days for 60 - 150 minutes....

More water, less snacks. Gym often!

IntoTheMystic
01-02-2012, 09:50:09 AM
Joining this challenge! I will edit wiki with my info.....
142.2 - goal 127 this go round -- would love to hit it by my wedding anniversary of 3/31

Logged into sparkpeople this am for the 1st time since early 2011.

My biggest problem is snacking, especially with kiddos stressing me and in the evenings.... I need to drink more water.
I am a gym rat, with workouts most days for 60 - 150 minutes....

More water, less snacks. Gym often!

Welcome to the Challenge, GreenFrog! You put your name in the non-challenge spot in the Wiki- not sure if you wanted to move it up to the challenge portion?

kimandkathess
01-02-2012, 10:09:27 AM
I understand! My scale said 187 yesterday...then 188.5 today. I'm not actually starting until tomorrow, so I'll post tomorrow's weight as my starting weight. Since you and I are starting off at pretty close to the same weight, I might be PMing you a lot this year! I like having someone to talk to who is in the same weight range, and has the same goals.

Sounds good to me, i could always use the support too. Im not only trying to lose the weight to feel good about myself but to also improve my health. I guess with everything thats going on, which seems to be one thing after another, i want to be in good shape internally as well as externally encase something more serious were to come along.

kimandkathess
01-02-2012, 10:11:12 AM
In case you forget, it's in the Wiki, but here it is:

(Starting weight)-(Ending weight)/(starting weight) * 100 = % lost

ah, thanks LOL, i totally missed that!

kimandkathess
01-02-2012, 10:14:47 AM
I just wanted to point out a good website i use for tracking calories if anyone is going to do that is myfitnesspal. There is an ipod app but i like the website better.

XUfan
01-02-2012, 10:17:13 AM
Sounds good to me, i could always use the support too. Im not only trying to lose the weight to feel good about myself but to also improve my health. I guess with everything thats going on, which seems to be one thing after another, i want to be in good shape internally as well as externally encase something more serious were to come along.

For me, it's several reasons. I don't like the way I look right now. I'm tired of wearing the same 4 t-shirts and 2 pairs of jeans...but I won't buy a bigger size again! I'm going through menopause, so I have hot flashes. When have them, I sweat...and I can feel the rolls! But also, I've been having problems with my feet, knees, hips and back. I figure 20% less weight on them could only be a good thing! And finally...I really feel better when I eat better!

ffagirl15
01-02-2012, 10:22:19 AM
XUfan, did you know that just 5 lbs of weight loss will help your joints feel better? So imagine how great you'll feel with the 20% weight loss :smile:

XUfan
01-02-2012, 10:47:19 AM
XUfan, did you know that just 5 lbs of weight loss will help your joints feel better? So imagine how great you'll feel with the 20% weight loss :smile:

I know! I can't wait to feel better!! Check this out:

Did you know...

For every pound of body weight you gain, your knees gain three pounds of added stress; for hips, each pound translates into six times the pressure on the joints.

With every step you take, your moving body puts pressure roughly equal to three times your weight on your hips and knees.

Being only 10 pounds overweight increases the force on the knee by 30-60 pounds with each step.

isabel
01-02-2012, 10:52:42 AM
I've tried to lose weight for the past 2 years. I managed to lose a little but gained back even more.

I'm an emotional eater and with all the stresses in my life right now I find myself eating more and more. I'm trying to find things I like to eat that are lower in calories, hoping this will help with some of the snacking. Plus I'm going to keep a journal of everything so maybe I can stay on track.

Kulis
01-02-2012, 11:46:36 AM
I just wanted to point out a good website i use for tracking calories if anyone is going to do that is myfitnesspal. There is an ipod app but i like the website better.

I used SparkPeople last time I tracked calories. It worked, but it seemed to take so long to find and log the things I ate. Is myfitnesspal easier?

(I'm JKulis on SparkPeople if anybody else is over there.)

kimandkathess
01-02-2012, 12:33:51 PM
I think myfitnesspal is really simple. When you log in the first thing you see is the calories for the day you have left to eat you click log food, its that simple. They have a huge database too.

jenrose
01-02-2012, 01:12:04 PM
Sorry if adding the non challenge part is confusing. I just thought even those in the weekly/monthly challenges might also like a spot to track total weight lost for the year as well as those who don't want to join the challenge also have somewhere to keep track of total weight loss.

IntoTheMystic
01-02-2012, 01:18:10 PM
Sorry if adding the non challenge part is confusing. I just thought even those in the weekly/monthly challenges might also like a spot to track total weight lost for the year as well as those who don't want to join the challenge also have somewhere to keep track of total weight loss.

No, I like it! I think it was a good idea :smile:

trvaliant
01-02-2012, 07:38:37 PM
Tomorrow is the big day...the day I start this New Year's adventure.
Here's my plan:
I'm giving up soda...I believe the carbonation &/or artificial sweeteners are a nemesis (for me)...
I am going to drink water...and lots of it.
I am going for major portion control and like one other poster mentioned-it's easier for me to eat things like smart ones, lean cuisines, etc. I will also try to snack smarter...
The evenings are the worst for me, so I will try to save some calories for this time. I enjoy a treat of hot cocoa with light or fat free whipped topping so that might help me get a chocolate fix. I will also try to get my hiney moving...this is the hardest for me so I may get creative and do kinect and such with my boys;-).
Wish me luck;-) Bye-bye 200's...

VivaciousJewelz
01-02-2012, 07:51:59 PM
I did 30 minutes of Zumba today. Not an hour like I had been doing, but I still burned about 500 calories, plus I've been chasing after Cara all day. Gotta run, I'm prepping for a big job interview tomorrow.

jenrose
01-02-2012, 07:58:13 PM
I did 30 minutes of Zumba today. Not an hour like I had been doing, but I still burned about 500 calories, plus I've been chasing after Cara all day. Gotta run, I'm prepping for a big job interview tomorrow.

Good luck on the job interview. I'm sending you get hired vibes! :fingerscrossed:

Kulis
01-03-2012, 04:36:49 AM
Day 1 went well yesterday. I really need to break the mindless snacking habit, though.

XUfan
01-03-2012, 05:10:28 AM
Today is Day One for me. I weighed in...before the shower...at 187.5, so that's my starting weight.

I'll be watching my granddaughter all day today, so snacking shouldn't be an issue. Getting all of my water in (and not needing to get it back out at an inopportune time) might be an issue. But...I'll give it a shot!!

I just keep thinking about that BIG stack of jeans in my closet!!! I'm in (SNUG) 16's right now. The jeans in the closet are 14, 12 and (yikes!!) 10's!!! I can't wait to start getting some of those. I need to dig up that picture of me, 6 years ago, when I weighed 140, and put it on the fridge! Inspiration!

cpaige
01-03-2012, 05:28:42 AM
Today is Day One for me. I weighed in...before the shower...at 187.5, so that's my starting weight.

I'll be watching my granddaughter all day today, so snacking shouldn't be an issue. Getting all of my water in (and not needing to get it back out at an inopportune time) might be an issue. But...I'll give it a shot!!

I just keep thinking about that BIG stack of jeans in my closet!!! I'm in (SNUG) 16's right now. The jeans in the closet are 14, 12 and (yikes!!) 10's!!! I can't wait to start getting some of those. I need to dig up that picture of me, 6 years ago, when I weighed 140, and put it on the fridge! Inspiration!

I used to be a HUGE water drinker, but have seriously slacked off with it and replaced it with coffee. While coffee IS a diuretic, it's not what my body needs. Well, I need it...but....

I have a ton of jeans to get into as well!!!

CW&M Mom
01-03-2012, 05:44:43 AM
Okay I weighed myself yesterday and added it to the wiki. my weight tends to go down a few pounds..then go up a couple..then go down a couple..up back and forth..then finally head back down..slowly inching itself down. so I may be back and forth every day a pound or two..but we are slowly heading south.

The last week my family and I stayed in Branson missouri so we ate out more then usual (I almost never go to a sit down restaurant)..so I will be back to my boring life and boring food momentarily.

IntoTheMystic
01-03-2012, 05:55:59 AM
Okay I weighed myself yesterday and added it to the wiki. my weight tends to go down a few pounds..then go up a couple..then go down a couple..up back and forth..then finally head back down..slowly inching itself down. so I may be back and forth every day a pound or two..but we are slowly heading south.

The last week my family and I stayed in Branson missouri so we ate out more then usual (I almost never go to a sit down restaurant)..so I will be back to my boring life and boring food momentarily.

Glad you are joining us :smile:

IntoTheMystic
01-03-2012, 05:59:34 AM
Tomorrow is the big day...the day I start this New Year's adventure.
Here's my plan:
I'm giving up soda...I believe the carbonation &/or artificial sweeteners are a nemesis (for me)...
I am going to drink water...and lots of it.
I am going for major portion control and like one other poster mentioned-it's easier for me to eat things like smart ones, lean cuisines, etc. I will also try to snack smarter...
The evenings are the worst for me, so I will try to save some calories for this time. I enjoy a treat of hot cocoa with light or fat free whipped topping so that might help me get a chocolate fix. I will also try to get my hiney moving...this is the hardest for me so I may get creative and do kinect and such with my boys;-).
Wish me luck;-) Bye-bye 200's...

I, too, eat the SmartOnes, Lean Cuisines- way too much trouble for me to count calories in something I make, and too tempting for me. If I make a yummy meal, I tend to overindulge. The fat free puddings are good when you need a choc fix, too.

Good luck today, Everyone!!!:smile:

kimandkathess
01-03-2012, 09:23:32 AM
I am trying to eat more naturally, i guess you could say clean, trying not to do a whole lot of processed. Its hard, trying to figure out what I can eat that doesnt have gluten, but is also natural and that I can get all of my required nutrition.
I have added 1 protein shake a day though, i know I don't get nearly enough protein so Im doing the whey protein.
Ive been trying to figure out what excerise i want to do. I get so bored with the eliptical. I thought about maybe doing the insanity workout, because you not only lose weight but gain strength, but i know its a really really tough workout.

A good "dessert" is a warmed apple with cinnomon and some suger if you want to.

cybilx10
01-03-2012, 10:13:45 AM
I weighed myself last night... :grouch2: I hit the 200 pound mark.
So my weight has officially reached the boiling point. I was ok with being 195 but 200..oh no, it not ok.
So I guess this means I better start replacing my Dr Pepper with flavored water or maybe some less sugared tea and then come up with a workout plan.

I dont have a wii or anything like that..dont have exercise equiptment or any place to put it..its freezing cold outside, so I guess I better come up with something to help me workout. :dontknow1:

jenrose
01-03-2012, 10:26:20 AM
So my weight has officially reached the boiling point. I was ok with being 195 but 200..oh no, it not ok.
So I guess this means I better start replacing my Dr Pepper with flavored water or maybe some less sugared tea and then come up with a workout plan.

I dont have a wii or anything like that..dont have exercise equiptment or any place to put it..its freezing cold outside, so I guess I better come up with something to help me workout. :dontknow1:

How about an exercise video? Do you have cable on-demand. I know in my area there are exercise TV on demand videos you can do. Or find some free ones online to watch or something.

You CAN & WILL do this. You just have to set your mind to it!

mbromberg545
01-03-2012, 10:36:23 AM
I added to the wiki. I had a baby last Nov (2010) and was down to my pre-baby weight of 155 until June. Just weighed in at 173. Gaining 18lbs in 6 months stinks! I am hoping to walk at least 30 minutes a day. Not sure how I am going to change my diet other than to STOP snacking. That will definitely be the hardest part! I already don't eat fried food and try to eat the least amount of processed food, but I will try to cut that out all together.

I would love to get back to 155, but my ultimate goal is to get back to 135, which is where I was before I got pregnant with my 2nd child. I saved one pair of size 8 jeans and I WILL get back into them this year!

Bev.rockwell
01-03-2012, 10:40:22 AM
:smile:

dianee
01-03-2012, 11:07:08 AM
One of my rules is I have to drink one glass of water before I eat anything. It forces me to get my water intake for the day and of course I can't eat as much then. :dog77:

VivaciousJewelz
01-03-2012, 11:49:01 AM
Okay, full disclosure... I posted my starting weight in the Wiki. YIKES!

I really just wanna get down to 200. I'll be comfortable w/myself at that weight. I am trying soooo hard to avoid the ice cream, OR, if I cave and have ice cream, to do extra Zumba to burn off those calories! :giggle2:

rheavon
01-03-2012, 01:05:45 PM
Just wanted to share a little inspiration. I actually started my journey on 12/31/09, so I've been working at this for a while. If you can, go ahead and take a body-shot before picture now. Even if you feel like you're not losing weight, but you're easing yourself into a fit & healthy lifestyle. I'm going to take another picture soon, but here's the difference between where I began and a few months ago:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269963_539787330320_61900844_31111884_66914_n.jpg

I still have a lot more to lose, but we are on this journey together. We can do it! :BigHand:

IntoTheMystic
01-03-2012, 01:19:43 PM
One of my rules is I have to drink one glass of water before I eat anything. It forces me to get my water intake for the day and of course I can't eat as much then. :dog77:

I love this tip! I'm going to use it! I brought my smartones and snacks to work today...I did great, but didn't drink any water. Tomorrow's a new day, right? :encourage19:

VivaciousJewelz
01-03-2012, 01:37:13 PM

A couple ideas:

1- check your local library, they often have fitness DVDs. or, you can probably find free work out videos online (even on youtube)
2- do you have stairs in your house? Turn up some music and go up and down the stairs a bunch of times.
3- dance party! Turn on some music and dance around like a crazy person. Practice your stripper moves... :hysterical: Dancing around is exercise and its fun.

Ok, Cpaige tagged me in a post on FB and told me to get my butt in gear, so it's zumba time!

VivaciousJewelz
01-03-2012, 01:40:06 PM
Another tip- green tea! Not only is it tea (which equals 0 calories and counts as a glass of water), but some studies say that the antioxidants in addition to being really good for your teeth and overall health- can target fat, too! Plus, if you aren't really a water drinker, this will give you a little flavor. Sweeten it with honey (better for you and less calories than sugar).

cintinative
01-03-2012, 02:44:36 PM
Hi ladies! I think I joined the weight loss thread last year and didn't stick with it. The scale and I don't get along too well and I've decided not to call him lately. =) I know I have weight to lose (probably 20 pounds plus) but am avoiding the issue for fear of getting depressed about it so I'm just trying my best to stick with exercising as often as possible. The trouble is I circumvent my own efforts by eating chocolate and not eating a balanced diet.

I can encourage those of you who have a smartphone or something similar (I don't, can't afford it) that there are some great apps out there for tracking calories. My brother uses one and lost 57 pounds in about 10 months by only tracking his calories/eating better. He has not exercised at all. I have used several online calorie trackers but they can be time consuming if you do a lot of scratch cooking like I do because you have to enter in all the ingredients, etc. and they don't have as much data as the mobile phone apps. I got burned out after about a year of it. So, if you have access to one of these apps, I would encourage you to use it. It has really helped my brother, who has struggled with weight for years.

Anyway, a friend shared with me that the Bob Harper videos are $5 each on mytrainerbob.com with $6.99 flat shipping. That's not a bad price. Also the Jillian videos are about $8 on Amazon right now.

kimandkathess
01-03-2012, 04:21:34 PM
Another way to sweeten your tea is with stevia/truvia. Its a Natural sweetener and its no calories.

trvaliant
01-03-2012, 06:50:58 PM
Okay, full disclosure... I posted my starting weight in the Wiki. YIKES!

I really just wanna get down to 200. I'll be comfortable w/myself at that weight. I am trying soooo hard to avoid the ice cream, OR, if I cave and have ice cream, to do extra Zumba to burn off those calories! :giggle2:

I love that so many people are posting their weights...full disclosure is a good thing;-)

Rheavon-I love your before and after pics...I've taken so many and I need a new before pic.

Today my laptop was on a black screen for a moment and I saw myself starring back at me...the girl with 3 chins! What? Who's that fatty? Oh yeah, it was me...;-( Anyone have any good exercises for fat face, LOL?
Ok, I know, I know, one day at a time, lose weight, lose fat, lose chins...

Oh and one other thing...my dh and I were in a bit of a tiff and he brought me home a diet vanilla soda...ARGHHH!!! Can we say sabotage! He even said one won't kill ya...ahhhh---calgon-take me and my fatty-ness away;-)

XUfan
01-04-2012, 04:46:08 AM
I love that so many people are posting their weights...full disclosure is a good thing;-)

Rheavon-I love your before and after pics...I've taken so many and I need a new before pic.

Today my laptop was on a black screen for a moment and I saw myself starring back at me...the girl with 3 chins! What? Who's that fatty? Oh yeah, it was me...;-( Anyone have any good exercises for fat face, LOL?
Ok, I know, I know, one day at a time, lose weight, lose fat, lose chins...

Oh and one other thing...my dh and I were in a bit of a tiff and he brought me home a diet vanilla soda...ARGHHH!!! Can we say sabotage! He even said one won't kill ya...ahhhh---calgon-take me and my fatty-ness away;-)

I know EXACTLY what you mean!! Last week, my DIL was here, picking up my granddaughter, Emery. She took out her phone and snapped a quick picture of her...but...I was holding her in my lap at the time, and looking down at her (which makes the chin thing look even worse!). You couldn't see my face...but there were those chins at the top of the picture!! YIKES!

XUfan
01-04-2012, 05:03:49 AM
OK...yesterday was Day One for me. I'm doing my own version of Weight Watchers. I have all of the info...but it's from the Turnaround Program, which started in 2004. I know the points are different now with the new program, but I don't have any info on it, and I'm perfectly fine with the old program.

I didn't get all of my water in. It was too hard with the baby here. But I did get half of it in! I wrote down everything I ate, with the WW points after each thing. Even the zero point things...like my late afternoon celery snack! I normally drink a lot of hot tea during the day, so I looked up sugar on my chart. Turns out, it's only 1 point for a tablespoon. So...I measured a tablespoon of sugar into a bowl, and put it on my counter. I only use about 1/2 teaspoon for each up of tea. So, I can drink 6 cups each day, and only use 1 point!

I also went through my points chart, and wrote down a "1 point snack" cheat sheet, so I can turn to it whenever I feel I need a snack. Today, I think I'll put a few of them in portion sized baggies, so that they're readily available. If I can just grab them, I won't be tempted by other things that aren't on the list.

I'm trying not to talk too much about my weight loss journey to other people (except here!). I know someone who recently lost a bunch of weight, and would not stop talking about it. To the point where you just knew she was preaching about it! As a matter of fact, now that she's skinny...she's even worse about it! You know...I'd mention that I made brownies...and she'd say that she makes them, but doesn't eat them anymore. Or, I'd say that we ate take-out the night before, and she'd start telling me how much fat is in each item! I'm sure you've all met the same kind of person. I don't want to be that person!

So...today is Day Two. My goals for today are: drink all of my water, stick to my points target, go through my WW cookbooks to find more side dish recipes for dinner. Hubby said we should double up on veggies every night, but I know he'll get bored with them after a while!

Keep up the good work everyone!

kimandkathess
01-04-2012, 07:20:10 AM
I also don't tell a whole lot of people about my weight loss goals and fitness goals. I seem to get negative responses like "you have tried this before and went back to doing the same old thing, what makes this different, i don't think you will stick with it"

Im tired of being the fat girl that doesnt feel pretty...

mbromberg545
01-04-2012, 07:30:40 AM
I completely agree about not telling people about the weight loss goals. My DH just looks at me like I am nuts when I tell him I'm going to lose weight.

I will lose the weight - I have to!

Kulis
01-04-2012, 07:52:02 AM
I don't tell people about my weight loss attempts either. (except for dh -- I need a cheerleader) I'm tired of people questioning if I'm allowed to eat that or not.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Have a great day, everyone.

rheavon
01-04-2012, 07:53:39 AM
So one of the challenges I have is staying 100% OP (On Plan) with Weight Watchers. I've been a member now over 2 years- went through the program shift, which really threw me under the bus. I can tell you there was no transition. It was Momentum one day (the last known form of counting Points- based off of Calories, Fat, Fiber) and then PointsPlus the next (based off of Fat, Fiber, Carbs, Protein). Unlike the previous program, PP didn't work for everyone- and WW even admitted it when they tweaked the program this year.

So I'm working with the tweaks plus other tweaks members have found success on in PP. Even though I was unhappy with the program this past year, I still paid the monthly fee because I love going to the meetings. I haven't missed a weekly meeting since joining. I also really enjoy the eTools for tracking. So this is what I'm doing nutritionally speaking.

I have program materials for both Momentum & PointsPlus, so if someone needs something calculated or needs a good recipe on a particular program, let me know.

XUfan
01-04-2012, 09:51:21 AM
Give me strength!!! :wink7:

Hubby called from work this morning, and wants to take me to lunch for our anniversary. He'll be home in about 30 minutes, and he said for me to pick the restaurant.

I've spent the past hour, looking up restaurants in our area, that (1) serve lunch (2) take Discover card...he gets paid tomorrow and (3) have grilled seafood on their lunch menu! When you combine my meat allergy and WW, that's my best choice.

I found a couple of places, so I'll see which one sounds good to him. Although...when he said lunch, I immediately thought "pasta"!!! :whistle67: But, that's what I always think! I have to change that mindset!

Anyway, I'm glad he called early. I had a very light breakfast, and have filled in the "hungries" with hot tea, just to save points for lunch! :hectic:

cody82414
01-04-2012, 10:15:46 AM
I'm trying not to talk too much about my weight loss journey to other people (except here!). I know someone who recently lost a bunch of weight, and would not stop talking about it. To the point where you just knew she was preaching about it! As a matter of fact, now that she's skinny...she's even worse about it! You know...I'd mention that I made brownies...and she'd say that she makes them, but doesn't eat them anymore. Or, I'd say that we ate take-out the night before, and she'd start telling me how much fat is in each item! I'm sure you've all met the same kind of person. I don't want to be that person!

I also don't tell a whole lot of people about my weight loss goals and fitness goals. I seem to get negative responses like "you have tried this before and went back to doing the same old thing, what makes this different, i don't think you will stick with it"

I completely agree about not telling people about the weight loss goals. My DH just looks at me like I am nuts when I tell him I'm going to lose weight.

I don't tell people about my weight loss attempts either. (except for dh -- I need a cheerleader) I'm tired of people questioning if I'm allowed to eat that or not.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Have a great day, everyone.

I just love you gals for being so open.
My DH struggles with his weight
and I just can never say the right thing to him.
No matter how I try.

I heard something on the radio this morning
about a Christian gal who finally lost the weight she dealt with
and she has/had the same/similar experiences you all are.

The one thing she said that meant the most to hear from her husband
was only to hear
"I love you just the way you are"

I learned something this morning.

I cyberlove you all, just the way you are:smile:

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 10:56:49 AM
I just love you gals for being so open.
My DH struggles with his weight
and I just can never say the right thing to him.
No matter how I try.

I heard something on the radio this morning
about a Christian gal who finally lost the weight she dealt with
and she has/had the same/similar experiences you all are.

The one thing she said that meant the most to hear from her husband
was only to hear
"I love you just the way you are"

I learned something this morning.

I cyberlove you all, just the way you are:smile:

As usual, Cody, you said it all better than I could have. You girls rock! I love this thread, and you are keeping me strong.

My scale didn't move down today...but at least it didn't go up, right? Keepin' it positive here...

kimandkathess
01-04-2012, 11:04:39 AM
Awe cody....you are such a sweat lady! You all on here are so encouraging.

I found the workout I will be doing, starting it tomorrow. The Insanity workout.....im probably insane for trying, but ive heard it will push you hard and thats something i need.

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 03:05:21 PM

I don't tell anyone, either, except my closest coworker (who also has joined our challenge, but hasn't registered yet with HCW) and my SIL. When I lost about 35 pounds a few years ago, I was amazed at the stupid comments people made to me. Also, I think DH in particular would like me to stay this size. I think he feels threatened when I am thinner, although I can't say for sure that's what it is b/c the freakin' man just doesn't communicate. He does try to make issues out of non-issues, and sabotage me, like make a big deal if I am eating something different for dinner, or if I won't eat ice cream, etc. So...mums the word this time.

Anway, enough complaining from me. I love hearing everyone's stories- so post away!:smile:

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 03:14:21 PM
:smile::smile:Reminder:smile::smile:

Please PM VivaciousJewelz your mailing address, if you haven't already. You can then PM her if you need someone's address. Maybe for that RAOK you've been wanting to send?

Please bump this for today so everyone sees it. Thanks!

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 03:18:36 PM

When I feel this way, I think of Queen Latifah. She is a big girl, but she is gorgeous. Of course, she doesn't look at all like me, but I'm just sayin'....maybe someone thinks I look hot at this size? :wink7:

Kulis
01-04-2012, 04:37:04 PM
:smile::smile:Reminder:smile::smile:

Please PM VivaciousJewelz your mailing address, if you haven't already. You can then PM her if you need someone's address. Maybe for that RAOK you've been wanting to send?

Please bump this for today so everyone sees it. Thanks!

Would it be appropriate for her to PM us an address list? That way if we want to send something we can just refer to the list ourselves rather than bothering her to look it up and get back to us. Of course, I certainly understand if some would rather not have their home addresses floating around.

kimandkathess
01-04-2012, 05:01:18 PM
I don't tell anyone, either, except my closest coworker (who also has joined our challenge, but hasn't registered yet with HCW) and my SIL. When I lost about 35 pounds a few years ago, I was amazed at the stupid comments people made to me. Also, I think DH in particular would like me to stay this size. I think he feels threatened when I am thinner, although I can't say for sure that's what it is b/c the freakin' man just doesn't communicate. He does try to make issues out of non-issues, and sabotage me, like make a big deal if I am eating something different for dinner, or if I won't eat ice cream, etc. So...mums the word this time.

Anway, enough complaining from me. I love hearing everyone's stories- so post away!:smile:

My husband is the same way, he says he wants me to lose the weight but then he says, why are you trying to lose weight? are you looking for someone else? And then i have to explain it to him.

kimandkathess
01-04-2012, 05:02:40 PM
I have decided that I am going to be bold and have dh take a before picture of me......

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 05:15:00 PM
Would it be appropriate for her to PM us an address list? That way if we want to send something we can just refer to the list ourselves rather than bothering her to look it up and get back to us. Of course, I certainly understand if some would rather not have their home addresses floating around.

I was wondering the same thing- is there a mod that knows if this is okay? I think she would only share the list with those of us on the list.

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 05:16:21 PM
I have decided that I am going to be bold and have dh take a before picture of me......

You are so brave! You go, Girl!

ScrappyDoo
01-04-2012, 05:16:43 PM
OK so this is gonna sound strange but my favorite show is Rizzoli & Isles. I loved Angie Harmon in Law and Order and I love her even more in this new show. She recently did a campaign to get kids to eat more veggies and was featured in Shape magazine (in a bikini of course). I have decided that when I need inspiration I tell myself that even I can have abs like Angie Harmon's if I work at it hard enough :giggle2:

IntoTheMystic
01-04-2012, 05:22:25 PM
OK so this is gonna sound strange but my favorite show is Rizzoli & Isles. I loved Angie Harmon in Law and Order and I love her even more in this new show. She recently did a campaign to get kids to eat more veggies and was featured in Shape magazine (in a bikini of course). I have decided that when I need inspiration I tell myself that even I can have abs like Angie Harmon's if I work at it hard enough :giggle2:

Um, Scrappy...I just notice that in your signature, you have 0%/100% for the weight loss. You do know that if you lose 100% of your weight you will cease to exist, right? :smile:

ScrappyDoo
01-04-2012, 06:16:36 PM
Um, Scrappy...I just notice that in your signature, you have 0%/100% for the weight loss. You do know that if you lose 100% of your weight you will cease to exist, right? :smile:

BAHAAAAAAAAAAAA:giggle2: I meant 0% of goal/100% of goal.......

kimandkathess
01-04-2012, 06:35:48 PM
Ok, here are my before pictures....

dianee
01-04-2012, 07:30:55 PM
Encouraging words that I TRY to remember:

EAT TO LIVE
DON'T LIVE TO EAT

:smile3:

kimandkathess
01-04-2012, 08:07:50 PM
I here ya there dianne....sometimes i just find myself munching, which is not good, i thinks its because i get bored....

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2012, 09:47:34 PM

I was wondering the same thing- is there a mod that knows if this is okay? I think she would only share the list with those of us on the list.

It's okay w/ me if it's okay with everyone here. I mean, train riders give their addys out and they get sent around, so if everyone is cool with it, I can compile a list and send it to everyone in the challenge.

Kat- I didn't realize you had tattoos!

jenrose
01-04-2012, 09:49:53 PM
It's okay w/ me if it's okay with everyone here. I mean, train riders give their addys out and they get sent around, so if everyone is cool with it, I can compile a list and send it to everyone in the challenge.

I'd just watch that everyone has trading status.

cpaige
01-05-2012, 04:23:01 AM
So far, I have worked out everyday this week! My treadmill has become my friend after all of these years! I'm 3 for 3 on it and will get on it later today again. I'm grateful that my 2yr old doesn't want to get on it with me. Instead when I get it set up he sits and watches his shows and relaxes while I'm on it! YAY!

Pushed the speed up a bit yesterday, so only added a minute or two to my time, but the speed kicked my butt, so it balanced out!

XUfan
01-05-2012, 05:26:54 AM
OK...good and not so good from yesterday.

I kept my points really low all morning. When hubby came home at noon to take me to lunch, we talked about where to go. I had picked out a couple of restaurants that had some good choices. But, we didn't decide on any of those. We picked another one, which is basically a sports bar. Neither of us had any drinks...but we did eat some "wonderful tasting, bad for us" food! I came home and drank lots of water, and kept my points low for dinner...no snacking last night at all! So, I probably didn't do as badly as I could have.

I'm looking at yesterday as that pothole in the road. I hit it...but it's behind me now! Today is a new day...and I'm back on track!

kimandkathess
01-05-2012, 06:03:15 AM
yep, tattoos here, still working on my arm, the one that goes all the way up.

XUfan
01-05-2012, 06:14:19 AM
Ok, here are my before pictures....

You must be a lot taller than I am! You and I weigh very close to the same...but I'm MUCH bigger than you are! You look like I want to look in a couple of months!

kimandkathess
01-05-2012, 06:24:58 AM
I am 5'7" how tall are you XUfan?

jessica117
01-05-2012, 06:25:47 AM
Jessica117- Mon weigh-incan i change my weigh in day to fridays

XUfan
01-05-2012, 06:30:40 AM
I am 5'7" how tall are you XUfan?

5"4 That explains it! I"m not overweight...I'm undertall!

mbromberg545
01-05-2012, 08:23:31 AM
Skittles and Slim Fast for breakfast. UGH - candy is my weakness!

cody82414
01-05-2012, 09:04:25 AM
some nice weather out there today.
Good day for a brisk walk!!

abuck4429
01-05-2012, 09:05:20 AM
5"4 That explains it! I"m not overweight...I'm undertall!

LOL Then I am really undertall standing at 4'11. Someone asked me last night at dinner if I got a disability check for being so short? :hysterical:

I sometimes have a problem with binging when I go back on my BC but yesterday I was good and only ate one 100 calorie pack.. instead of the whole box. I will consider this a win even if I didn't make it to the gym last night.

kimandkathess
01-05-2012, 09:27:43 AM
uh, i just did my first day of the 60day insanity workout.....i thought i was going to thowup when i was done and it was only 15 minutes, day 2 is 42 minutes....maybe i should have a bucket handy LOL. If i feel as sore as i do right now after tomorrows workout, i will know that im doing something right is suppose, just want to be able to make it to the last day :)

VivaciousJewelz
01-05-2012, 09:42:09 AM
Of course my aunt made fatty hamburgers and fried potatoes for dinner last night... It was goooood! I compensated by drinking lots of water and skipping dessert, but I think I'm gonna have to do extra Zumba time still today.

jenrose
01-05-2012, 10:47:23 AM
I'm having a heck of a time getting started here. I woke up early and layed there waiting for DH to get up with the intention of exercising while he was in the shower. When he got up I decided I'd rather just lay there. :dontknow1: And now I'm eating CRAP. But I am drinking water. :whistle67:

VivaciousJewelz
01-05-2012, 11:35:35 AM
I just did half my Zumba workout, but then I had to pause it because I feel like I'm dying... Lmao! I am going thru each of the full workouts and they are all different! Different intensity levels, etc. And I can't find out how many calories I burned unless I finish the whole work out. This game is too smart for me... Lol.

IntoTheMystic
01-05-2012, 03:46:45 PM

I'm good with it. And Kat, nice tats :) I took my before pics, and I am NOT posting them.

XUfan
01-05-2012, 04:28:15 PM
I've been REALLY good today!! Home alone all day, and didn't go off my plan! Drank all of my water, and lots of green tea too. Cooking dinner right now. The family is having soft tacos and Mexican rice...and chips! I'm having 2 soft tacos, filled with refried beans (vegetarian...no fat!), and a mixture of mushrooms, onions and asparagus that have been sauteed in a a little chicken broth (instead of oil), and seasoned with chili powder, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper. That will still leave enough points for a small snack later!

IntoTheMystic
01-05-2012, 05:00:42 PM
I've been REALLY good today!! Home alone all day, and didn't go off my plan! Drank all of my water, and lots of green tea too. Cooking dinner right now. The family is having soft tacos and Mexican rice...and chips! I'm having 2 soft tacos, filled with refried beans (vegetarian...no fat!), and a mixture of mushrooms, onions and asparagus that have been sauteed in a a little chicken broth (instead of oil), and seasoned with chili powder, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper. That will still leave enough points for a small snack later!

AWESOME!:BigHand:Feels good, huh?

kimandkathess
01-05-2012, 05:24:53 PM
I ate well today, ive been trying to experiment with different ways to eat things.
For dinner I had corn flour tortilla (no wheat :) and put in garbanzo beans, kidney beans, chicken breast, a small amount of cheese and some chicken breast...pretty tasty.

ScrappyDoo
01-05-2012, 06:03:37 PM
I am really having trouble kicking this soda habit. I KNOW I should be drinking water but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE soda. It IS diet soda but still...........

katieyj
01-05-2012, 06:23:27 PM
I just did half my Zumba workout, but then I had to pause it because I feel like I'm dying... Lmao! I am going thru each of the full workouts and they are all different! Different intensity levels, etc. And I can't find out how many calories I burned unless I finish the whole work out. This game is too smart for me... Lol.

Jewelz which workout are you doing? I've been working through the "short" classes, which are running about 30 mins each. I figure I'll work on up and add in a 30 minute walk, which is about 1 mile most days.

I do love the Zumba, but I have no rhythm so my accuracy is very very very low. LOL

VivaciousJewelz
01-05-2012, 06:39:22 PM
Jewelz which workout are you doing? I've been working through the "short" classes, which are running about 30 mins each. I figure I'll work on up and add in a 30 minute walk, which is about 1 mile most days.

I do love the Zumba, but I have no rhythm so my accuracy is very very very low. LOL

I'm doing the full classes which are an hour. Why I didn't start with the short classes, I don't know! :giggle2: You'll get better, some days my accuracy is ok, some days it's not, lol.

brokenangel
01-05-2012, 07:10:11 PM
My boyfriend and I joined Weight Watchers tonight... is it going to matter that I just entered my starting weight? Wasnt sure how to do it.

Definatly think Weight Watchers might work seeings as we both are on it. We can plan meals together and take turns cooking... we'll see how it goes.

greenfrog57
01-05-2012, 07:29:32 PM
Just got back from my Thursday gym night -- it's like date night for DH & me since we put the kids in the childcare there. I've worked out everyday this week! WOOHOO!

VivaciousJewelz
01-05-2012, 09:28:00 PM
Just got back from my Thursday gym night -- it's like date night for DH & me since we put the kids in the childcare there. I've worked out everyday this week! WOOHOO!

That's awesome!!

isabel
01-06-2012, 04:19:49 AM
Time for big confession. I've seen that everyone has been posting there weight and that's something that is really hard for me to share. But I feel that to be honest with myself and hopefuly be able to come to terms with my weight issues I should share also.

My starting weight Sunday, was 255.6 lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed. I've been over 200 lbs ever since I became pregnant with my first child and he will be 16 next month.

This week I have focused more on eating better, by not snacking or at least having healthy snacks like fruit, drinking more water and trying to have smaller portions. That being said some days have gone better than others. So far I have only lost .6 lbs, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I've also joined a Healthy Lifestyle Change group at work. It's more for support and encouragement to help people stay on track with their goals.
We are making small goals for each month. My goal for the month of January is to lose 5 lbs and work out at least 3 times per week.

Saturday, I plan to buy Zumba for our Kinect. Hubby said he would do it with me. That should be interesting!

Sorry to be so long, I just needed to be honest with myself and wanted to share at least part of my story with all my HCW friends.

XUfan
01-06-2012, 04:59:57 AM
Isabel, thanks for sharing your story. I know it's hard to type the numbers for the whole world (well, our world) to see. But, just like that group at work...we're here for you! Nobody's going to judge, and we're all here to support each other.

A few years ago, my daughter, who is now 32, joined a Biggest Loser group where she works. She knew she was overweight, and wanted to make big changes. She won the competition...and $500!! They did another competition a few months later, and she came in 2nd. She lost so much weight, and looks and feels wonderful! Just the other day, she told me what her starting weight had been. It was 245. This past September, she got married...and weighed 150 on her wedding day. It can be done!!

Hang in there!! Don't worry about the bumps in the road! It happens to all of us!

cpaige
01-06-2012, 05:35:40 AM
I am really having trouble kicking this soda habit. I KNOW I should be drinking water but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE soda. It IS diet soda but still...........

Slowly decrease your soda intake and replace it with a flavored seltzer. If you stop drinking it all at once you're just going to want it more and more. Little by little ween yourself off of it. You can do this!!

Time for big confession. I've seen that everyone has been posting there weight and that's something that is really hard for me to share. But I feel that to be honest with myself and hopefuly be able to come to terms with my weight issues I should share also.

My starting weight Sunday, was 255.6 lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed. I've been over 200 lbs ever since I became pregnant with my first child and he will be 16 next month.

This week I have focused more on eating better, by not snacking or at least having healthy snacks like fruit, drinking more water and trying to have smaller portions. That being said some days have gone better than others. So far I have only lost .6 lbs, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I've also joined a Healthy Lifestyle Change group at work. It's more for support and encouragement to help people stay on track with their goals.
We are making small goals for each month. My goal for the month of January is to lose 5 lbs and work out at least 3 times per week.

Saturday, I plan to buy Zumba for our Kinect. Hubby said he would do it with me. That should be interesting!

Sorry to be so long, I just needed to be honest with myself and wanted to share at least part of my story with all my HCW friends.

I give you and everyone else who has posted their weight a ton of credit b/c there is no way I"m posting mine! The only people who know what I weigh are myself and my Dr! I will say that I started getting back in shape being 1lb shy of my heaviest weight ever....talk about good timing!

One thing that I have been doing is posting on my fb that I'm getting on the treadmill. And once I'm done I let them know how long I did it and at what speed. It's been great having them either remind me to get on it as well as the encouragement I have been getting from them. A lot of my friends are gym rats, so they have really been wonderful with this. Tips, websites, and just general 'Nice job!' posts.

My neighbor and I are going to go for a walk later since it's 'supposed' to be a little warmer out today, but afterward I think I'm still going to get on the treadmill to jog. I feel like I need that right now. I'm 37 years old and things I did in the past to lose the weight aren't going to work as well now.

I do have to drink more water though.

OH! This Saturday I have to go w/ the bf's family into Brooklyn for a family thing. They always go to an Italian restaurant that has HUGE portions and nothing really healthy on the menu. Plus they always get all of these fried appetizers. I don't think I'm even going to look at the menu, but instead just ask if the chef can make something a bit healthier for me than what they have on their menus. I like the food there, but I am SO not looking forward to going b/c I have been doing really well with my food intake. I'm going to have to get on the treadmill just for walking into that place! Then after the restaurant we go back to the gmothers house for cake. SHOOT ME!

**Crap! This is the lunch menu for where I am going on Saturday:

CLICK HERE (http://www.newcornerrestaurant.com/lunchmenu.html)

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 05:54:06 AM
I'm feeling pretty discouraged. My coworker and I started the challenge on Sunday. (She is joining HCW but is waiting for a new username as she mistakenly used her real name.) Anyway, I've eating very healthy, and keeping my calories low, but apparently not low enough b/c that dang scale ain't moving. I am not starving myself this time b/c it is so hard to function with a headache and feeling shaky all the time. Plus, I am going for long term healthy eating, rather than a binge diet. I know I didn't put this all on at once, so I shouldn't expect it to all come off at once, but STILL! Also, I took my before pics yesterday and I didn't realize how bad I actually looked. I am so disgusted with myself for gaining all this weight back.

Oh, and I haven't used the treadmill at all. It is buried by a pile of firewood, and until that gets moved, I can't get it out. Anyone know how much Zumba is? And is there only the one version?

cpaige
01-06-2012, 06:15:00 AM
I'm feeling pretty discouraged. My coworker and I started the challenge on Sunday. (She is joining HCW but is waiting for a new username as she mistakenly used her real name.) Anyway, I've eating very healthy, and keeping my calories low, but apparently not low enough b/c that dang scale ain't moving. I am not starving myself this time b/c it is so hard to function with a headache and feeling shaky all the time. Plus, I am going for long term healthy eating, rather than a binge diet. I know I didn't put this all on at once, so I shouldn't expect it to all come off at once, but STILL! Also, I took my before pics yesterday and I didn't realize how bad I actually looked. I am so disgusted with myself for gaining all this weight back.

Oh, and I haven't used the treadmill at all. It is buried by a pile of firewood, and until that gets moved, I can't get it out. Anyone know how much Zumba is? And is there only the one version?

Don't be discouraged!! One thing a lot of people do is NOT eat enough. You have to eat in order for your body to properly burn the calories. If you don't give your body enough, it will hold onto whatever you give it and store it b/c it thinks it's starving. Typically women should eat 1200 p/day to lose weight effectively. I was a weight loss consultant for Jenny Craig and this is what we put 95% of the women who joined on for calorie intake. Always healthy: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Remember that lettuce, celery, etc are mostly water, so if that's what you're putting into your system w/o protein and some carbs, your body won't have anything to really burn off.

I have no idea about the zumba, but maybe your library might have it?

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 06:57:11 AM
Don't be discouraged!! One thing a lot of people do is NOT eat enough. You have to eat in order for your body to properly burn the calories. If you don't give your body enough, it will hold onto whatever you give it and store it b/c it thinks it's starving. Typically women should eat 1200 p/day to lose weight effectively. I was a weight loss consultant for Jenny Craig and this is what we put 95% of the women who joined on for calorie intake. Always healthy: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Remember that lettuce, celery, etc are mostly water, so if that's what you're putting into your system w/o protein and some carbs, your body won't have anything to really burn off.

I have no idea about the zumba, but maybe your library might have it?

I know you're right, but it's hard to not see better results. I just ordered the Zumba Fitness for Kinect...it was only $30. If nothing else, maybe my dancing will improve? I have 2 left feet.

XUfan
01-06-2012, 07:06:38 AM
**Crap! This is the lunch menu for where I am going on Saturday:

CLICK HERE (http://www.newcornerrestaurant.com/lunchmenu.html)

Do you eat seafood? I'd go with the shrimp marinara if I were you. Don't eat all of the pasta they give you. And ask if you can have a side salad. Surely they have those, right? And during the appetizers...just talk more, while you drink your water. That usually works for me!

At any rate...good luck!! (the menu made me soooo hungry!)

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 07:11:53 AM
Do you eat seafood? I'd go with the shrimp marinara if I were you. Don't eat all of the pasta they give you. And ask if you can have a side salad. Surely they have those, right? And during the appetizers...just talk more, while you drink your water. That usually works for me!

I think XuFan has a good plan. Also, tonic with a splash of cranberry and lime is a good drink choice. Feels like a drink, but isn't, and has low calories. Get your dressing on the side and just dip in it. Good luck!

XUfan
01-06-2012, 07:11:53 AM

Don't get discouraged!!! This is going to take some time! And I know what you mean about the pictures!! I saw some pics of myself from last summer when we had a family cookout. At first, I said, "Who is that woman with the 3 chins?" Then, I realized it was me!! I wasn't happy!

Also...PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY!! Only weigh yourself once a week!! Your weight can fluctuate so much from day to day. Have someone hide the scale, and only get it out on weigh-in days.

As for the working out...I haven't done any either. I have so many issues with my back, hips, knees and feet that it's very painful for me to work out. I'm working on the "eating right" part first...then I'll add in something when I find a program that I can do without being in bed for 2 days after I do it! Which reminds me...eating healthy is what this is all about! Don't starve yourself!! Make sure you have protiens, vegetables, fruits, dairy, and even some carbs. It's important!!

Most of all...we're here for you!

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 07:32:56 AM
Don't get discouraged!!! This is going to take some time! And I know what you mean about the pictures!! I saw some pics of myself from last summer when we had a family cookout. At first, I said, "Who is that woman with the 3 chins?" Then, I realized it was me!! I wasn't happy!

Also...PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY!! Only weigh yourself once a week!! Your weight can fluctuate so much from day to day. Have someone hide the scale, and only get it out on weigh-in days.

As for the working out...I haven't done any either. I have so many issues with my back, hips, knees and feet that it's very painful for me to work out. I'm working on the "eating right" part first...then I'll add in something when I find a program that I can do without being in bed for 2 days after I do it! Which reminds me...eating healthy is what this is all about! Don't starve yourself!! Make sure you have protiens, vegetables, fruits, dairy, and even some carbs. It's important!!

Most of all...we're here for you!

Thank you! I needed that. Better than a hug.

jenrose
01-06-2012, 09:01:48 AM
XUfan. Is there an indoor pool in your area? I know my mom's best friend who has major joint issues has no problem doing water walking etc because the water reduces the strain on the joints but also creates resistance that helps you loose weight quicker then walking on dry land. I know the thought of getting into a pool with your 'before' body can be intimidating but I know it does really help. My mom would go with her during the senior time and said at least then she wasn't the oldest chubbiest one in the pool. :giggle2:

cpaige
01-06-2012, 09:10:57 AM
I know you're right, but it's hard to not see better results. I just ordered the Zumba Fitness for Kinect...it was only $30. If nothing else, maybe my dancing will improve? I have 2 left feet.

Losing weight is always frustrating to begin with, so I understand. Just make sure you are eating throughout the day, but eating the right stuff and small portions. Keep in mind that our portion control is all out of whack b/c for example: If you go to Olive Garden and order a pasta dish, THAT amount of pasta that comes on your plate is actually a serving for 4! It's not the right portion that we should be eating. So we all have to readjust to the right portion size. Stick with it sweetie! You're going to do fine! And always post in here for the support. Like I said in a PP, I have been posting everyday on my fb which is making me more accountable. Dancing will help you, especially that workout! I have 2 left feet too, so I feel ya!

I do eat seafood, but I don't like anyone's marinara but my own! :giggle2: I know I'm definitely going to get a salad and I prefer to use vinegar (no oil) on my salads, so I'm good w/ that one! I'm a water/coffee/beer drinker, none of which I will give up. (I was actually thinner when I was having a few more drinks! :whistle67:). Those appetizers are KILLER! They always get the fried ravioli, which I usually only eat one whole one, but think i will just skip it entirely and try to play w/ my son more and concentrate on entertaining him.

I know! That menu is insane, made my tummy growl so I went and ate my Kashi cereal w/ a small banana and soymilk. WHEW!!!

I think XuFan has a good plan. Also, tonic with a splash of cranberry and lime is a good drink choice. Feels like a drink, but isn't, and has low calories. Get your dressing on the side and just dip in it. Good luck!

Thanks!! I will let you all know how it goes. And of course, now we are talking about having people over for the 1pm Giants vs Falcons game on Sunday....I may never get off the treadmill at this rate!! :giggle2:

XUfan
01-06-2012, 09:12:00 AM
XUfan. Is there an indoor pool in your area? I know my mom's best friend who has major joint issues has no problem doing water walking etc because the water reduces the strain on the joints but also creates resistance that helps you loose weight quicker then walking on dry land. I know the thought of getting into a pool with your 'before' body can be intimidating but I know it does really help. My mom would go with her during the senior time and said at least then she wasn't the oldest chubbiest one in the pool. :giggle2:

Thanks for the suggestion, but...um...I don't do water. I had a recurring (3-4 times per week) nightmare about drowning from the time I was around 10, until I was in my 40's. I just can't get into water, unless it's my morning shower.

kimandkathess
01-06-2012, 09:22:29 AM
I wish i had an indoor pool to go to around here, but i live in the boonies.. I did the second day of the Insanity workout and thought i was going to die. I had to take a 3 minute break near the end, i just couldnt push any harder, i felt bad. I couldnt even keep up with the video.
They made you get down to do 4 pushups, bring your left leg out to the side and to your chest, then right leg, then left and right again, then bring your legs to your chest and jump up in the air and get back down and do it again. and they wanted you to do i about 15 times in a row, i couldnt only do it about 3 times...Thank goodnes i do cardio recovery tomorrow which is ALOT SLOWER and helps recover your muscles...
I then got a walk in. Walked to the local grocery store for some healthy foods.

You guys have such good adivice here. i love coming in here and reading all your stories and even struggles as well as suggestions. So helpful!!!

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 11:43:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but...um...I don't do water. I had a recurring (3-4 times per week) nightmare about drowning from the time I was around 10, until I was in my 40's. I just can't get into water, unless it's my morning shower.

I have a recurring dream, too, but it's not about water. I've had it since i was a kid. Bad guys are breaking into the house, and I can't match the right gun up with the right ammunition. I keep trying to read the gun barrels to see if they are marked, and then the boxes. I can't get a gun loaded, so I try to bluff the bad guys and one of them shoots me. No idea why they say you can't die in your dreams, because I've been shot in a lot of dreams. So, XUFan, I totally get the pool fear. No sense bringing that dream back.

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 11:49:15 AM
I wish i had an indoor pool to go to around here, but i live in the boonies.. I did the second day of the Insanity workout and thought i was going to die. I had to take a 3 minute break near the end, i just couldnt push any harder, i felt bad. I couldnt even keep up with the video.
They made you get down to do 4 pushups, bring your left leg out to the side and to your chest, then right leg, then left and right again, then bring your legs to your chest and jump up in the air and get back down and do it again. and they wanted you to do i about 15 times in a row, i couldnt only do it about 3 times...Thank goodnes i do cardio recovery tomorrow which is ALOT SLOWER and helps recover your muscles...
I then got a walk in. Walked to the local grocery store for some healthy foods.

You guys have such good adivice here. i love coming in here and reading all your stories and even struggles as well as suggestions. So helpful!!!

Hang in there, Kat, and your workout will get easier. I am totally out of shape now, but up until last year I was running about 4 miles a day, 4 days a week. When I first started on the treadmill, I couldn't even jog for 60 seconds. Literally. I used to think I was having a heart attack and I wondered how in the world anyone could stand to run. It was sheer torture. I kept looking at the couch potato-to-5k printout in front of me and I had to keep saying to myself, "the paper says I can do it. the paper says I can do it." It did get better, but man, in the beginning I was sure anyone who exercised was out of their freakin' mind.

Now, I just need to get DH to move the 3 cords of firewood that he threw on top of my treadmill, and practice what I preach...

VivaciousJewelz
01-06-2012, 12:45:20 PM

You can do it! Hang in there.

And Zumba is super fun, whether or not you can dance. Just don't do like me and do it in front of an open window... I think I entertained the neighborhood kids one day. :giggle2:

kimandkathess
01-06-2012, 12:54:44 PM
Hang in there, Kat, and your workout will get easier. I am totally out of shape now, but up until last year I was running about 4 miles a day, 4 days a week. When I first started on the treadmill, I couldn't even jog for 60 seconds. Literally. I used to think I was having a heart attack and I wondered how in the world anyone could stand to run. It was sheer torture. I kept looking at the couch potato-to-5k printout in front of me and I had to keep saying to myself, "the paper says I can do it. the paper says I can do it." It did get better, but man, in the beginning I was sure anyone who exercised was out of their freakin' mind.

Now, I just need to get DH to move the 3 cords of firewood that he threw on top of my treadmill, and practice what I preach...

Thanks for the encouragement:smile:I know that proably the first few weeks will be a lot for me, but i just keep thinking, its good for my body and think about the results. I just push untill i cant anymore. At least i know i tried.

kimandkathess
01-06-2012, 12:56:05 PM
You can do it! Hang in there.

And Zumba is super fun, whether or not you can dance. Just don't do like me and do it in front of an open window... I think I entertained the neighborhood kids one day. :giggle2:

I have zumba for the wii....after ten minutes i cant go on not to mention i can't do any of the moves....i give you props for going for 1 hour!

VivaciousJewelz
01-06-2012, 01:09:16 PM
I have zumba for the wii....after ten minutes i cant go on not to mention i can't do any of the moves....i give you props for going for 1 hour!

Well I need to take breaks. I usually have to chill for about 10 min halfway thru the class. The first day, I was taking a 5 min break practically after every song.

No exercise for me today. I got sick from Cara again, plus my muscles are sore from all the exercising I have done this week. I'm gonna try to stay on track with my eating, though.

jenrose
01-06-2012, 01:19:32 PM
Small wins help keep me trying.

So after starting my day with a not so healthy peperoni stick..... I had celery with peanut butter and now for lunch I'm eating a salad. baby steps I tell ya. :whistle67:

IntoTheMystic
01-06-2012, 03:48:20 PM
Here is a link to a healthy shopping list, based on the food groups, that I plan to use tomorrow. Your Must-Have Healthy Shopping List: Eat Like Me: Eat Like Me: Self.com (http://www.self.com/fooddiet/blogs/eatlikeme/2011/04/healthy-shopping-list.html)

dianee
01-06-2012, 06:34:00 PM

Restaurants are usually very accomidating. Let them know you are watching what you eat and ask them to prepare you a chicken breast as light as possible (grilled) with a double side of vegetables. If they put a bread basket on the table, order a small dinner salad and avoid the bread.
It's amazing how good food taste when you are truly hungry. Enjoy.

dianee
01-06-2012, 06:37:12 PM
Small wins help keep me trying.

So after starting my day with a not so healthy peperoni stick..... I had celery with peanut butter and now for lunch I'm eating a salad. baby steps I tell ya. :whistle67:

Peanut butter has been my go to food for about 6 months now. I eat it almost every morning on wheat toast. The protein coupled with the wheat taste fills me up and gives me energy for a couple of hours. Luv peanut butter. :dog3:

kimandkathess
01-06-2012, 07:14:59 PM
Here is a link to a healthy shopping list, based on the food groups, that I plan to use tomorrow. Your Must-Have Healthy Shopping List: Eat Like Me: Eat Like Me: Self.com (http://www.self.com/fooddiet/blogs/eatlikeme/2011/04/healthy-shopping-list.html)

Thanks for the list link :) It looks like they follow the clean eating list by tosca reno.

I pretty much do that, but have to tweak it to fit my gluten free life, so no whole wheat for me. I miss bread so much.....

VivaciousJewelz
01-06-2012, 07:34:58 PM
I eat peanut butter wheat toast as well.

Ok, I did exercise today. I was asked to tutor last minute and since no one with a car was home I had to take the bus, but the woman I tutor lives a mile and a half from the nearest bus stop (up a steep hill) so I walked 3 miles today.

greenfrog57
01-06-2012, 08:11:03 PM
I went to the gym at 9 for Body Pump (1 hr weight class) and then was talked into 1/2 hour of a spin class afterwards. But now, I have my water in front of me, but just ate a small chocolate. Aaagh. Will power - where are you???? Tomorrow, I will be spinning for an hour class. I have made excuses for the past several Fridays and had to make up my Pump classes on Saturdays, but now, I have had a couple extra hours of workouts this week. I so want to see movement on the scale come Monday. Just water after shower. No snacking. I must be strong.

piercedanubis
01-06-2012, 09:56:59 PM
Wow, I am so behind with updates.

My week has gone pretty well so far. Then tonight while cleaning I found my leftover chocolate from my stocking. Let's say it didn't last. ;)

I haven't really started working out (except for a few walks). I have signed up for water aerobics next week. Trying to convince my brother to come.

Thanks for everyone's posts, great info & motivation!

cpaige
01-07-2012, 05:10:36 AM
I eat peanut butter wheat toast as well.

Ok, I did exercise today. I was asked to tutor last minute and since no one with a car was home I had to take the bus, but the woman I tutor lives a mile and a half from the nearest bus stop (up a steep hill) so I walked 3 miles today.

:BigHand: That's a great walk!! Good job sweetie! Keep it up!!

I went to the gym at 9 for Body Pump (1 hr weight class) and then was talked into 1/2 hour of a spin class afterwards. But now, I have my water in front of me, but just ate a small chocolate. Aaagh. Will power - where are you???? Tomorrow, I will be spinning for an hour class. I have made excuses for the past several Fridays and had to make up my Pump classes on Saturdays, but now, I have had a couple extra hours of workouts this week. I so want to see movement on the scale come Monday. Just water after shower. No snacking. I must be strong.

You can't completely deny yourself stuff, just remember moderation is the key to your success. You can do this! Plus that's a great workout you did!

Wow, I am so behind with updates.

My week has gone pretty well so far. Then tonight while cleaning I found my leftover chocolate from my stocking. Let's say it didn't last. ;)

I haven't really started working out (except for a few walks). I have signed up for water aerobics next week. Trying to convince my brother to come.

Thanks for everyone's posts, great info & motivation!

As I told Greenfrog, you can't deny yourself 100% of all the things you love, but you can have it in moderation. If you don't think you can stop yourself from eating all of it (like me), then don't have it at all. I can't keep any of that stuff in the house unless I KNOW it's for my son. I will not touch his stuff.

Walking is good, keep it up!

I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday, but instead walked with my neighbor for about an hour. Since I live in a beach town, there are very few hills to have to navigate (annoying right now), but we walked at a good pace and she was winded, I was not! :BigHand: After I got home though, around my workout time, I was bored b/c that is when I get on the treadmill, so I was wandering around the house looking for something to do. And a part of me knew I was looking to eat something!! NO! Instead I just started getting things ready to make dinner and managed to keep myself busy that way.

Lunch at the Italian restaurant today so i think I'm going to get on the treadmill in a few minutes so I can get the workout in now. No way am I NOT getting on there! Walking didn't do as much for me as the treadmill does, so treadmill it is!

good luck today everyone! Weekends are hard since you aren't on your 'normal' schedule and spend more time in the house. Stick with what you have been doing as best as you can and remember to get that water in!!

angeliainwonderland
01-07-2012, 06:08:15 AM
I would LOVE to join!!! We were suppose to do something similar at work and everyone else chickened out on me!!
I started January at 164. Today I am at 162! YEAH ME!!
I am needing to lose 40-50 lbs. (I am barely 5ft 1 )Would be happpy with 25 lbs. I will set a monthly goal of 4lbs.
I am so lazy and outa shape...I spent maybe 10 mins picking up trash out of my ditch and creek and thought I was gonna tack out..And back of my legs were SORE next day. Gotta do something about that!!!lol

XUfan
01-07-2012, 06:11:01 AM
I just changed my weigh-in day to Satuday, when I realized it works better for me.

So...today is Saturday! I started on Tuesday, so...these are my results for the first 4 days:

I lost 3.5 pounds!!!
which translates to 1.867%

I know it's mostly water weight...but it sure makes me more motivated!

trvaliant
01-07-2012, 06:32:56 AM
Weigh to go XUFan!

So, I have been up since 4am thanks to my "thoughtful" dh who *cough, cough*, accidentally woke me up leaving for work...I digress.
Anyway, I decided to get up, shower, and get ready for the day and (drum roll please) take those dreaded before pics. I haven't looked yet. I put the camera on timer and took 2 sets-, well, 3 actually. I took ones in my bra and undies and then I took 2 more sets in a tank (very revealing though) and in a tee like I would actually wear. The tee was a size XL and the capris were a medium and I was bustin' outta both of them. They are both items I could wear last March before I gained all the weight I lost back.

Ok, I'm going to look at them now-BRB.

Wow! They are bad...like bad bad bad. Like I wouldn't post them to save my life. And the sad part is, this is what I look like-yikes! Ugh...yuck, yuck, yuck.

Well, like other posters have mentioned, I didn't do this to myself in a short amount of time so it will take time to get the weight off.

Currently, my biggest issues have been lack of motivation to get moving and my night time mindless need to snack...what's with that?

I could go all day and not think about food (which BTW, I'm not saying I don't eat all day-I know we should eat breakfast, yada yada)-but in the evening, I struggle every night with cravings, etc.

A few new ideas-if you haven't tried them, specifically chocolate chip Fiber one bars are to die! It's as good as any candy bar IMO, and we need the fiber anyway. It's a chocolate fix and a good snack. Also, if you haven't done before pics, as painful as it was, I suggest you do it, if nothing else just for you. To see where you really are-the camera doesn't lie. And it'll be awesome to see your progress if you can re-take every so often. I won't take them again until I lose quite a bit-like at least 25 pounds because I have so far to go...but point, is, I encourage you to do it. I am threatening myself to plaster them around my kitchen, especially were the snacks are kept for my 4 boys. But, in all seriousness, I am not super tempted by their snacks as I purposely choose things for them that I wouldn't be drawn to...

Anyway, thanks so much to those of you who are posting here. I look to it everyday for encouragement and inspiration (even if I don't post daily;-).

IntoTheMystic
01-07-2012, 06:50:22 AM
I would LOVE to join!!! We were suppose to do something similar at work and everyone else chickened out on me!!
I am needing to lose 40-50 lbs. (I am barely 5ft 1 )Would be happpy with 25 lbs. I will set a monthly goal of 4lbs.
I am so lazy and outa shape...I spent maybe 10 mins picking up trash out of my ditch and creek and thought I was gonna tack out..And back of my legs were SORE next day. Gotta do something about that!!!lol

Our enrollment process is pretty stringent...just put your name in the wiki and the day you would like to weigh-in :wink7: That's it. You're in! Welcome.

XUfan
01-07-2012, 07:12:06 AM
Just a question...could we have a separate thread for Biggest Loser Food Ideas? We could share our diet-friendly snack ideas, recipes for diet-friendly meals, etc. Not tips...just food ideas! I want to post some, but I don't want them to get lost in this thread!!

cpaige
01-07-2012, 07:37:53 AM

SQUAT down!! Please don't bend at the waist. It will help save your back AND makes your entire lower body work! You can make everyday chores a workout just by doing those things, tightening up your stomach muscles and twisting your body to move this from one counter to another instead of turning all the way around. Stick with us!!

I just changed my weigh-in day to Satuday, when I realized it works better for me.

So...today is Saturday! I started on Tuesday, so...these are my results for the first 4 days:

I lost 3.5 pounds!!!

:BigHand: Nice job!!

Just a question...could we have a separate thread for Biggest Loser Food Ideas? We could share our diet-friendly snack ideas, recipes for diet-friendly meals, etc. Not tips...just food ideas! I want to post some, but I don't want them to get lost in this thread!!

SOUNDS GREAT TO ME!!!

Had to get on the treadmill earlier than usual today (Italian restaurant day), so here is what I posted as my fb status:
Let me break it down for you this time! First off, I think my heart exploded onto my treadmill and my lungs took my legs muscles and went right out the door! However, even with that I managed 2.3 miles total. Jogged 1.37 miles, almost lowered it to cool down until I looked and got annoyed that I wasn't at 1.50 miles, so back up it went and I jogged to 1.79 miles @ 4.3 mph. Again, started to slow it down until I realized 1. How close I was to 30 mins as well as 2.0 miles, SO back up it went again, this time to 4.7 mph. SO, I finished 2.3 miles at 4.7 mph! Not to bad considering this time last week I could barely look at the treadmill! Now, if you'll excuse me, I must crawl to the shower!

kimandkathess
01-07-2012, 08:00:56 AM

I lost 3.5 pounds!!!

That is so awesoe chica! I can't wait to get on the scale monday! Ive been doing really well.

XUfan
01-07-2012, 08:50:06 AM
A few random thoughts off the top of my head:

I'm keeping some of these around:

Hunt's Snack Pack pudding cups (The regular ones are only 110 calories, don't need to be refrigerated like yogurt does, and are low in fat)

Hershey Kisses (I bagged them up in snack bags with 4 in each)

Also...

For those of you who love peanut butter. Put a tablespoon of it in your oatmeal in the morning. Sprinkle some cinnamon if you like, or chop up some apple in it. It's great! You get protein AND fiber!!

If salad dressing calories and fat are undermining your diet, try putting salsa on your salad instead. No fat...great taste!

Instead of two scoops of ice cream, just eat one...in a cone. The cone has a LOT less calories..and NO fat!

4my4kids
01-07-2012, 10:54:58 AM
Ok. I'm in. I'm at my heaviest pregnancy weight and my youngest will be 3 in a couple of weeks. I need motivation and self control. Good luck to everyone!

IntoTheMystic
01-07-2012, 10:56:07 AM
Ok. I'm in. I'm at my heaviest pregnancy weight and my youngest will be 3 in a couple of weeks. I need motivation and self control. Good luck to everyone!

Welcome! Make sure you put your name and weigh-in day in the Wiki

XUfan
01-07-2012, 10:59:35 AM

Welcome! The more, the merrier!!

And don't feel bad. I'm 16 pounds OVER my heaviest pregnancy weight...and my youngest is 32!!

VivaciousJewelz
01-07-2012, 12:07:29 PM

We sure could!

Ugh... my plans for the weekend have been ruined. :sad3: And I'm really sad b/c I was really, really looking forward to them (and in general, I don't look forward to things for JUST THIS REASON). Soooo... thank GOD we don't have ice cream in the house or I'd have eaten the whole gallon by now. I am big on eating when I'm upset or sad. But so far I had a balanced breakfast and went coupon shopping (spent $3 saved $21 at WAGs!) and took advantage of their Slim Fast deal and got some shakes. I will probably have one in a little bit.

Not sure about exercise today... Everyone is here, so I can't do zumba (I hate exercising in the house when other people are here, and I'm not telling them I'm actively trying to lose weight), and I don't know if I can motivate myself enough to go for a walk, but we'll see. I just feel like sleeping the day away. :sad3:

rheavon
01-07-2012, 01:42:07 PM
I'm also switchin' up my WI day from Sunday to Saturday because that's when I go to my WW meeting. Dur, I should've realized that!

So this week's WI was 271.4 for 1.6lbs down during this challenge or .59% of challenge joining weight.

IntoTheMystic
01-07-2012, 01:59:02 PM
I cleaned up the Wiki a bit so that we are in weigh-in day order...hope that's okay. If not, I can change it back.

Rheavon- I think I may have been editing the Wiki when you were posting, so you'll need to put your info in the Wiki. Sorry!

rheavon
01-07-2012, 02:23:24 PM
No problem. I also shifted mine to the Saturday WI in alpha order (which puts me at the top of the list, lol).

VivaciousJewelz
01-07-2012, 02:59:16 PM
Okay, I'm not gonna get to exercise today. My muscles are pretty sore from this week. But I am eating very sensibly to not undo all my hard work from this past week. I had peanut butter wheat toast an an egg for breakfast, salad with a little bit of chicken and a tiny amount of dressing for lunch, and a Slim Fast shake (good sale at WAGs ending tonight w/ the BOGO q) for a snack.

IntoTheMystic
01-07-2012, 03:12:16 PM
Okay, I'm not gonna get to exercise today. My muscles are pretty sore from this week. But I am eating very sensibly to not undo all my hard work from this past week. I had peanut butter wheat toast an an egg for breakfast, salad with a little bit of chicken and a tiny amount of dressing for lunch, and a Slim Fast shake (good sale at WAGs ending tonight w/ the BOGO q) for a snack.

You are not supposed to work out every day. Every third or fourth day you should let your muscles rest. So, today is your rest day :) Sounds like you are eating right! :BigHand:

kimandkathess
01-07-2012, 06:48:07 PM
Wow, you all are doing so good.
I did my thired say of insanity workout. I had to switch it up though.
Day one is fit test, day 2 is cardio, and they expect you do do a 3 day of cardio before cardio recovery. Im so outta shape that I had to do recovery day today and then 3 days of cardio. :dance43:My rest day is wednesday.:goodnight4:

I FOUND MY MOTIVATION!
Well.....i always told myself that I never want to get over 200 lbs. My highest was at 195....sigh...:grouch2:

While working out really hard, and having my body hurt so much from being so out of shape, I thought to myself. If I had not let myself get so out of shape, I would not have to be going through this right now.

So I told myself.....yes i talk to myself a lot :talking3:....that when I get to the weight I want, I a going to stay there, because i don't want to go through this again, I want to lose the weight and get into shape so I dont have to put my body through this kind of strain anymore.

Soday I will be able to get on the scale and say :excited77::encourage15::encourage6:and so will all of you :)

XUfan
01-08-2012, 06:02:26 AM
OK...so after my weigh-in yesterday, my hubby cooked breakfast. He knows the journey I'm on, so he poached my eggs (I love them this way!!), and made the hash browns in the oven, with cooking spray instead of oil (they were kind of dry, but with a little salsa on them, they weren't bad). I also ate some toast, so I was pretty sure that I was going to have to be REALLY good the rest of the day.

During the basketball game, I drank 3 bottles of water...instead of 2 cans of pop...and I didn't eat anything...instead of eating an entire bag of chips, or a frozen pizza, or whatever snack I grab while I'm watching.

For lunch, I ate the leftover asparagus/mushroom/onion burrito from the other night.

OK...so now all I had to do was eat a sensible dinner, right? Well, my BIL came over on his way home from work, and invited us to go out to dinner with them. They picked Red Lobster. And I was BAD!!!! First, it was a 30 minute wait, so we had a couple of drinks (mine was white wine with club soda, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been...and I sippped!!!). But I couldn't pass up the Shrimp Linguine Alfredo OR those yummy biscuits!!!

It's a good thing that I don't have to weigh in again until Saturday. But I'm going to have to be soooooooo good today to make up for yesterday! I know my hubby will probably be working on his brother's car during the day, and then he's going to his other brother's house to play cards this evening. So, I won't be tempted by what he's eating! Also, I might start working on one of those closets I need to clean out! Nothing like a good sweat to burn off some calories!

cpaige
01-08-2012, 06:41:14 AM
You are not supposed to work out every day. Every third or fourth day you should let your muscles rest. So, today is your rest day :) Sounds like you are eating right! :BigHand:

My hardest part right now is NOT working out! I need to give my body a break right now since I was on the treadmill 5 days and walked an hour one day. I know it needs to repair a little, but ..... I feel like I NEED to get on it. Especially since we are going to a friends house to watch the Giants game. Her hubby is making lasagna, meat free for me, there will be chips, dips and veggies and of course, beer. I'm not giving up my beer, especially with football on!! :whistle67: I also need to change my weigh in from Monday to Tuesday, since I actually made myself get on it (and look) on Tuesday. I think it groaned at me. I got on the treadmill on Monday, but weighed on Tuesday.

OK...so after my weigh-in yesterday, my hubby cooked breakfast. He knows the journey I'm on, so he poached my eggs (I love them this way!!), and made the hash browns in the oven, with cooking spray instead of oil (they were kind of dry, but with a little salsa on them, they weren't bad). I also ate some toast, so I was pretty sure that I was going to have to be REALLY good the rest of the day.

During the basketball game, I drank 3 bottles of water...instead of 2 cans of pop...and I didn't eat anything...instead of eating an entire bag of chips, or a frozen pizza, or whatever snack I grab while I'm watching.

For lunch, I ate the leftover asparagus/mushroom/onion burrito from the other night.

OK...so now all I had to do was eat a sensible dinner, right? Well, my BIL came over on his way home from work, and invited us to go out to dinner with them. They picked Red Lobster. And I was BAD!!!! First, it was a 30 minute wait, so we had a couple of drinks (mine was white wine with club soda, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been...and I sippped!!!). But I couldn't pass up the Shrimp Linguine Alfredo OR those yummy biscuits!!!

It's a good thing that I don't have to weigh in again until Saturday. But I'm going to have to be soooooooo good today to make up for yesterday! I know my hubby will probably be working on his brother's car during the day, and then he's going to his other brother's house to play cards this evening. So, I won't be tempted by what he's eating! Also, I might start working on one of those closets I need to clean out! Nothing like a good sweat to burn off some calories!

Those biscuits will get you every time!! They are so good and yet so bad!

I highly recommend getting one of the 'Eat This Not That Books', especially for dining out! Mine is back in my bag for those 'just in case' moments that we dine out and I have NO clue what to get!!

We're allowed to treat ourselves once in awhile, so don't go beating yourself up about it, just work at your workout, whatever it may be!!

Everyone is doing great!!

brokenangel
01-08-2012, 06:43:36 AM
Yesterday I made chicken that was super tasty because I crave vegies sometimes.

I put the boneless skinless chicken breast on the forman grill. Opened a can of tomatoes, a orange pepper (only one I had left in the freezer. When I find multi colored peppers on clearance I freeze them.) couple small onions, and a pack of mushrooms. I mixed them together in a fry pan then sliced the grilled chicken into them. The chicken soaked up tomato juice... yum. I made some pasta... the vegie kind when kroger was paying .50 cents a box to take home.

So... 56g of cooked pasta, 3oz of chicken breast and as many vegies as I wanted only cost me 8 Weight Watchers points. Filled me up then I had fresh fruit for dessert.

With Aunt Flo right around the corner I have a bottomless pit of a tummy... glad I don't crave chocolate.

I haven't added exercise yet... my body hurts way too much already so I need to move into it slowly. Figure I will get the diet going for a week or so first then add some low impact exercise.

cpaige
01-08-2012, 07:05:34 AM

I put the boneless skinless chicken breast on the forman grill. Opened a can of tomatoes, a orange pepper (only one I had left in the freezer. When I find multi colored peppers on clearance I freeze them.) couple small onions, and a pack of mushrooms. I mixed them together in a fry pan then sliced the grilled chicken into them. The chicken soaked up tomato juice... yum. I made some pasta... the vegie kind when kroger was paying .50 cents a box to take home.

So... 56g of cooked pasta, 3oz of chicken breast and as many vegies as I wanted only cost me 8 Weight Watchers points. Filled me up then I had fresh fruit for dessert.

With Aunt Flo right around the corner I have a bottomless pit of a tummy... glad I don't crave chocolate.

I haven't added exercise yet... my body hurts way too much already so I need to move into it slowly. Figure I will get the diet going for a week or so first then add some low impact exercise.

You can freeze the whole pepper??

isabel
01-08-2012, 07:12:58 AM

This sounds so good, think I might try it. Of course, I'll leave the mushrooms out.

XUfan
01-08-2012, 07:20:43 AM

Sounds good!! It sounds a little bit like a fish recipe tha I make. I sautee the onions, the pour a can of tomatoes over them, and let them simmer. Put the fish (usually tilapia...sometimes orange roughy) in a baking dish. Cover it with the onion/tomato mixture, and bake until the fish is flaky. I'd forgotten about it, until you posted. Guess what I'm making one day this week? It's good over pasta too...so I can make it when I make spaghetti and meat sauce for the rest of the family.

brokenangel
01-08-2012, 07:22:42 AM
I freeze the whole pepper. No you cant eat it in a salad cause it wont be like crispy fresh when taken out of the freezer. Perfect in cooking.

I know me... I wont feel like cleaning the peppers when I get home from the store. if I put them in the fridge to clean later they will just go bad. I just throw the whole pepper in a freezer bag and throw in the freezer. When you go to slice them make sure to let them sit out of the freezer for a few minutes first... makes them easier to cut.

VivaciousJewelz
01-08-2012, 07:23:46 AM
I was really bad last night... my friend had a wine and cheese party. Wine is my weakness. And she had lots of bread to dip into the cheeses... And right before weigh-in day, too.

Okay, I just weighed myself... 233! I lost 2 lbs! Yay!

XUfan
01-08-2012, 07:27:17 AM
I highly recommend getting one of the 'Eat This Not That Books', especially for dining out! Mine is back in my bag for those 'just in case' moments that we dine out and I have NO clue what to get!!

We're allowed to treat ourselves once in awhile, so don't go beating yourself up about it, just work at your workout, whatever it may be!!

Everyone is doing great!!

I'll look for that book. Sounds like it would really help! I have a website to go to that lists WW points for restaurants, but it doesn't help me if I'm not at home.

OK...now it's time for full disclosure! I was on WW 6 years ago. I lost 43 pounds in 7 months, and felt great!! But...I didn't go to meetings, and I didn't do it online. I just did it by myself, with the info I have here at home and what I found online. In other words, I didn't follow it exactly like they want you to...but my plan worked for me. One of the things I did, was that I allowed myself one day each week to take it easy...and not count points. I didn't go crazy...but I'd eat a few things that I couldn't eat if I was counting. It allowed me to keep my sanity...and I really think it tricked my metabolism! I've heard that if you eat exactly the same calories every day, your body gets used to it, and stops burning calories, and starts saving them. It's a theory that worked for me. I never had a week that I didn't lose at least a little bit!

brokenangel
01-08-2012, 07:30:28 AM
Sounds good!! It sounds a little bit like a fish recipe tha I make. I sautee the onions, the pour a can of tomatoes over them, and let them simmer. Put the fish (usually tilapia...sometimes orange roughy) in a baking dish. Cover it with the onion/tomato mixture, and bake until the fish is flaky. I'd forgotten about it, until you posted. Guess what I'm making one day this week? It's good over pasta too...so I can make it when I make spaghetti and meat sauce for the rest of the family.

That sounds YUMMY! I love mild fish like Tilapia... wish my son liked tomato. could make his in a different dish... hmmmmm. I have a bag of fish in the freezer, guess what I'm making sometime this week? :giggle2:

brokenangel
01-08-2012, 07:42:32 AM
I was really bad last night... my friend had a wine and cheese party. Wine is my weakness. And she had lots of bread to dip into the cheeses... And right before weigh-in day, too.

Okay, I just weighed myself... 233! I lost 2 lbs! Yay!

YAAY! good job. :encourage2:

I'll look for that book. Sounds like it would really help! I have a website to go to that lists WW points for restaurants, but it doesn't help me if I'm not at home.

OK...now it's time for full disclosure! I was on WW 6 years ago. I lost 43 pounds in 7 months, and felt great!! But...I didn't go to meetings, and I didn't do it online. I just did it by myself, with the info I have here at home and what I found online. In other words, I didn't follow it exactly like they want you to...but my plan worked for me. One of the things I did, was that I allowed myself one day each week to take it easy...and not count points. I didn't go crazy...but I'd eat a few things that I couldn't eat if I was counting. It allowed me to keep my sanity...and I really think it tricked my metabolism! I've heard that if you eat exactly the same calories every day, your body gets used to it, and stops burning calories, and starts saving them. It's a theory that worked for me. I never had a week that I didn't lose at least a little bit!

seems you found something that worked for you, im sure you will get back to that. :BigHand:
My day off will be the day I decide to use my 49 extra points they now allow you for the week.

I have been on WW a few times and have never stuck to it. :sad3:
Done the WW at work, the meetings, online and by myself with the information. I have ZERO will power!

This time I am doing WW with my boyfriend so I hope with our support together it will be different. I really enjoy the fact that fruits and MOST vegies are free on the new program.