PDA

View Full Version : The watch your HCW mods save $2012 in 2012 challenge

Pages : [1] 2

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 10:55:11 AM
This challenge is open to all HCW mods - members are welcome to chime in and cheer us on, or giggle at us, whatever makes it more fun for you lol!

The idea here is to save $2012 over the course of a year using coupons and rebates. I would say that things like ECB/ RR and other similar programs count as well as long as it would leave you with cold hard cash that COULD be deposited into a bank or under a mattress should you choose to do so. :giggle2: I'm keeping track of how many q's I use, so if you wanna keep track of yours here too, that's fine :)

To join, please post here to say you are interested, and I will keep a list of everyone's progress. And you can update by posting again, saying what your savings/ rebate check earnings were for the day and I will update from there (this will be easier for me, because then I can just remember what post I left off on and go from there.)

When you join, please mention how you would like to go about saving the $2012 (like if you will be using only q's, q's and rebates, etc) and whether or not you are actually going to hold onto it somewhere and save up for something - and if so, if you would like to share what that something is, I'm sure everyone would love to know.

So that's about it - ready mods? Get set? GO!!!!!!!

P.S. At the end of 2012, all of the mods who achieved the goal of saving $2012 in 2012 by using coupons/ rebates etc will be entered into a drawing, and I will send you a special gift. I don't know what it is yet, depends on who wins lol!!!

:BigHand:

Challengers

1. chitownmelli 0/$2012 - 0 coupons used - saving for Christmas and HHH
2. TiggerToo 0/$2012
3. VivaciousJewelz 0/$2012 - saving for emergency fund and birthday trip
4. tacatcon $6/$2012 - saving for gifts for melli :P
5. cpaige 0/$2012
6. motherofmolly 0/$2012 - dog kennel/ chicken coop (maybe) christmas time/ HHH
7. scrappydoo - 0/$2012 - saving for emergency fund
8. rhaevon - 0/$2012 - vacation fund
9. wookin 0/$2012
10. Ryansmommie - 0/$2012
11. bugface711 - 59.93/$2012 - 4 coupons used
12. isis - 0/$2012 - saving for vacation and savings
13. rebate_queen - 0/$2012
14. mom2lucas - 0/$2012 - emergency fund
15. foggierbard9 - 40.30/$2012 - 12 coupons used
16. ELLE-TN - 0/$2012 - tracking how much saved with q's this year
17. cybilx10 - 0/$2012
18. kookiecrisp - 0/$2012

updated to post 71

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 11:00:34 AM
I am joining and my goal is to save $2012 in 2012 by doing rebates, using coupons (preferably with doubles) doing RR/ ECB and target GC deals to save a few bucks. When I save that money, it will be taken directly from the budget and put into my savings account where I will save for:

1. Christmas. I dont need it all for Christmas, we have 30 close people on our list, but we buy smaller things and make a lot of gifts, so probably half of it will go to Christmas.

2. to be able to give a little to the HHH fund next sharing and caring season

3. I have no idea. Maybe I would just like to have the money in savings to start the following year on a good foot :)

So, I'm starting now at zero - and have 365ish days to go :)

TiggerToo
12-29-2011, 11:08:22 AM
:scared3::I'll give it a whirl....Hope I won't be -->:mediate82:

:dontknow1:Haven't figr'd out what I will be saving it for yet...mebbe a present for SFSHopper....

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2011, 11:10:42 AM
I am joining to save $2012 in 2012 using coupons and rebates. $1000 is gonna go to an emergency fund and the other $1000 probably to a big birthday trip next year (I am thinking Vegas!) but as I save the money, I might wanna use it for something else. :giggle2:

tacatcon
12-29-2011, 11:18:03 AM
I am in to save $2012 in 2012. I am going to use coupons, rebates, programs like endorse and whatever I can! lol

I'm not saving for anything in particular. I just need to spend less and save more!

cpaige
12-29-2011, 11:19:21 AM
I'm in! Money is getting really tight around here with 3 people and 1 income, so it's time for me to buckle down and work on using more coupons. I don't really use rebates, although I should, since I'm in NJ and a lot of what I see is not workable for me, I will try though, but my main thing will be coupons.

I'm saving to SAVE some $$$$$

Are we counting if we buy coupons from clipping services?

Man, Ev (SFShopper) and Carol (XUFan) are going to be some busy girls trying to fill our orders for coupons if ordering from clipping services counts! :giggle2:

If they do count....I"m ordering mine NOW before the contest starts!! :whistle67:

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 11:32:33 AM
oh julie, do we need to have another willpower discussion? LOL (cuz those worked so well in the past, right?) :D

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 11:34:42 AM
cpaige, it's entirely up to you how you would like to count it. I figure once it's put in the tally, it's earned, and up to you how you would like to use it :)

Challengers updated to here

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2011, 11:40:36 AM
oh julie, do we need to have another willpower discussion? LOL (cuz those worked so well in the past, right?) :D

We may... Lmao!

They did sorta work, though. The "Weekend of 3 Cakes" has only been a one time thing, so far. :hysterical:

But I meant, that when I save all that money at the end of the year, I may not want to spend it on a trip, I may want to use it to pay down more debt, build a bigger emergency fund, etc. Depends on what my financial situation is at the end of next year (though hopefully it will be DRASTICALLY different in a positive way).

motherofmolly
12-29-2011, 11:49:24 AM
im in!

1. save money using coupons. i dont do too many rebates so that wont be part of it. i will be gardening and canning this year and dh will be doing more hunting for meat. i also will fish this year.

2. not really saving for anything particular. i would like to use some money for cement for the dog kennel or a goose or two or a chicken coup. i have decided that i will be making a christmas gift a month for extended family we give to. that will help around christmas. EV has also told me i should do something for the HH fund this year. so that is a goal of mine.

3. my goal is spending $500 a month on food and gas. gas is just for my car and not dh's.

4. i will start on 1/1/2012 with -0- and go from there.

Luv Savings
12-29-2011, 11:51:38 AM
Wish you all the best of luck :smile:

tacatcon
12-29-2011, 11:57:47 AM
I saw that Melli! LOL

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 12:00:15 PM
lol tacatcon! Wondered if it would take long :D

Thanks luv for cheering us on!

ScrappyDoo
12-29-2011, 12:00:45 PM
YAY, I'm in.

1. save money using coupons and rebates. Also buying from the farmers market when I can. They have super cheap veggies in the Summer.

2. I am saving for an Emergency Fund because something ALWAYS pops up at the last minute and usually it is 2 weeks before Christmas.

3. My goal is to spend $400/month or less on groceries.

ScrappyDoo
12-29-2011, 12:01:51 PM
And where the heck are Mug and Dug? They so need to do this with us.

rheavon
12-29-2011, 12:05:27 PM
I'm in! I'm fairly certain I can make it work. :-D

I'm going to apply the savings to a vacation in 2013. No specifics yet, but we'll call it vacation-related.

Coupons, rebates, GC promos, etc- basically anything that will help me out. I'm excited to see how much I'm going to save (or rather not spend) this coming year!

wookin
12-29-2011, 12:05:53 PM
I'm in. I figure I can smash through that $2012 in about 6 mos. I think I used 2011 coupons this year by mid March. I will count coupons, RR's, ECB's, UP's, rebates, ebates and Endorse.

I'm not earmarking the savings for anything special just saving to get by payday to payday.

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 12:06:06 PM
probably off starting a fan club for that TV guy they are always talking about :D

Updated to here

TiggerToo
12-29-2011, 12:07:51 PM
Can you see it now...We are all goin to be like this...:flame3:towards the end of the year trying to meet the goal. :hysterical:

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 12:09:45 PM
I'd like to see that lol!

SFShopper
12-29-2011, 12:10:04 PM

:dontknow1:Haven't figr'd out what I will be saving it for yet...mebbe a present for SFSHopper....

:hysterical: but u know, what I wully wully want - priceless :whistle67: for the one & only Tigger:<3: to jump into the cold waters of MN :hysterical6: orrrr, for u to brave the crowds on Boxing Day for MEEEEEEEEEEEE :excited2:

im in!

2. not really saving for anything particular. i would like to use some money for cement for the dog kennel or a goose or two or a chicken coup. i have decided that i will be making a christmas gift a month for extended family we give to. that will help around christmas. EV has also told me i should do something for the HH fund this year. so that is a goal of mine.

Uhhh, did you start it yet?!!! :hysterical: You know, you still have like 3 days for 2011 :giggle2: orrr, if you're already thinking of 2012 - you'd have ovah 300+ days :whistle67:

Man, Ev (SFShopper) and Carol (XUFan) are going to be some busy girls trying to fill our orders for coupons if ordering from clipping services counts! :giggle2:

If they do count....I"m ordering mine NOW before the contest starts!! :whistle67:

:nono77: me's is just a random girlie minding her own bees-wax, which makes me wonder :hysterical: how old is cpaige?!!!! :poke:

SFShopper
12-29-2011, 12:13:43 PM
YAY, I'm in.

1. save money using coupons and rebates. Also buying from the farmers market when I can. They have super cheap veggies in the Summer.

2. I am saving for an Emergency Fund because something ALWAYS pops up at the last minute and usually it is 2 weeks before Christmas.

3. My goal is to spend $400/month or less on groceries.

And where the heck are Mug and Dug? They so need to do this with us.

2. Uhhh - u know, the ScrappyDoo Emergency Fund = go to a Justin Bieber Concert :hysterical: Orrrr, ya gonna save up to see Hugh?!! :wink7:

Ohhhhh - they be wully wully quiet right now, huh huh? :evil9:

TiggerToo
12-29-2011, 12:18:30 PM
:hysterical: but u know, what I wully wully want - priceless :whistle67: for the one & only Tigger:<3: to jump into the cold waters of MN :hysterical6: orrrr, for u to brave the crowds on Boxing Day for MEEEEEEEEEEEE :excited2:

I am still waitin for youssss to come here and join me in the :winter1: waters of MN...it t'aint nos fun wit outchu... :dontknow1:

ryansmommie
12-29-2011, 01:23:35 PM
I'm in. I'll do it via rebates and coupons, but I'm hoping I can hit it quick in the year because I'm really bad at tracking coupons savings. I've got a Super Doubles on 1/4, so that will help jump start my number.

Michelle

cpaige
12-29-2011, 01:43:26 PM
U

:nono77: me's is just a random girlie minding her own bees-wax, which makes me wonder :hysterical: how old is cpaige?!!!! :poke:

Hey! Why the :nono77: face? WhadidI do?? Don't go getting your :dealwithit:in a bunch there, missy!! :giggle2: I was saying yous two is gonna be busy!

As for my age, I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!!

....It's all over this place, if you can find it, Mug will send you an envie!:whistle67:

2. Uhhh - u know, the ScrappyDoo Emergency Fund = go to a Justin Bieber Concert :hysterical: Orrrr, ya gonna save up to see Hugh?!! :wink7:

ScrappyDoo
12-29-2011, 01:49:39 PM

But I don' neeeeeeeeeeed to see Hugh cuz uh you said you'z gonna buy me some Bunny-Like decorations in exchange for da Beiber Boogers.....................or did you already forget:nono77:

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 01:54:09 PM
I think I got you all to here. If I missed anyone please let me know :)

bugface711
12-29-2011, 03:03:28 PM
Ok I am in in in.

I will start 1/1 I am already tracking coupons used for 2011 in my siggy so i'll keep my siggy updated with progress this year too!

I will see how fast I can save $2012 with the rebates that come in after 1/1, coupons redeemed after 1/1, endorse program checks for my purchases and any gift card type offers I do in stores. & of course +ups, RR's & ECB's. I did not shop the drug stores last year because I was all stocked up so I went on strike. this year I am all out of everything so ITS ON!!!

isis
12-29-2011, 03:12:19 PM
I'm in...
$2012 saved in 2012 using coupons (manuf, store q's like jcp 10/10, etc & ECBs/Ups/RRs) + rebates/endorse

Rebate money from Jan 1 - June 30 will be saved for 2012 Vacation. From July 1 forward, any rebate money will just go into savings for who knows what!

I'm planning on banking all Amazon $5 e-gc's earned from Swagbucks Jan 1 - Nov 1 to use for Christmas gifts (thats 55, since its a limit of 5 per month = $275!!).

so I guess my siggy line will be something like this -
x saved coupons/x earned rebates ; x/55 Amazon e-gcs earned

SFShopper
12-29-2011, 03:22:56 PM
I am still waitin for youssss to come here and join me in the :winter1: waters of MN...it t'aint nos fun wit outchu... :dontknow1:

:sick3:Me's is using bunches of Kleenex right now :sick20: sooo, can't be jumping into some waterz with ya... instead, I get 2 watch U jump in :BigHand: and u know, it's the hospitable thing to do... to show's me's around MN...

Hey! Why the :nono77: face? WhadidI do?? Don't go getting your :dealwithit:in a bunch there, missy!! :giggle2: I was saying yous two is gonna be busy!

As for my age, I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!!

....It's all over this place, if you can find it, Mug will send you an envie!:whistle67:

:hysterical: me get me's panty in a bunch!?! neah...
Busy busy :nono77: wanna come over here on Sunday?!!!! :beg4: I'll have u busy ~ old Lady :hysterical: uhhhh, didn't u mention Da Age when we'd done the declaration on meggers :whistle67: soooo, why bring me's age up!? :giggle2:

But I don' neeeeeeeeeeed to see Hugh cuz uh you said you'z gonna buy me some Bunny-Like decorations in exchange for da Beiber Boogers.....................or did you already forget:nono77:

Soooo, my new ISO :hysterical: adult Bunny-Ears, huh? andddddd, ya want the body outfit too!?!! :rabbit2: any other details I need to know about?! :whistle67:

SFShopper
12-29-2011, 03:25:14 PM
I'm being inspired now by the OP :giggle2: soooo, how do u calculate RRs? do those totals count towards the overall? I know RRs are like MQs at Wags, but still - that seems wrong to me :hysterical: or am I looking @ this wrong? ie when I look @ how much I saved from Qs in 2011 - I never calculated in RRs... but if I used a MQ to get the RR item - I count the MQ.

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2011, 03:35:48 PM
I'm planning on banking all Amazon $5 e-gc's earned from Swagbucks Jan 1 - Nov 1 to use for Christmas gifts (thats 55, since its a limit of 5 per month = $275!!).

I'm planning on doing the same thing. Do you actually get that many Swagbucks per month, though?

ScrappyDoo
12-29-2011, 03:42:01 PM
:sick3:Me's is using bunches of Kleenex right now :sick20: sooo, can't be jumping into some waterz with ya... instead, I get 2 watch U jump in :BigHand: and u know, it's the hospitable thing to do... to show's me's around MN...

Busy busy :nono77: wanna come over here on Sunday?!!!! :beg4: I'll have u busy ~ old Lady :hysterical: uhhhh, didn't u mention Da Age when we'd done the declaration on meggers :whistle67: soooo, why bring me's age up!? :giggle2:

Soooo, my new ISO :hysterical: adult Bunny-Ears, huh? andddddd, ya want the body outfit too!?!! :rabbit2: any other details I need to know about?! :whistle67:

Of course I want da body suit too.......with LARGE decorations adorning it :biggrin:

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 03:46:47 PM
Ev, there's no wrong way to look at this challenge. What I was going to do, is say I have $5 rr to spend on something - well since I would have otherwise spent the cash, I would just put $5 cash in the bank - this works for me since there aren't many things in our stockpile that are low - I mean hey, if a deal comes up and I have to spend my whole HBA budget one week, no biggie. I want this to be a comfortable challenge for everyone - be creative, however you can get some cash into savings, as long as it's coupon related, go for it :)

kremsh
12-29-2011, 03:56:07 PM
Good luck to all of you!

SFShopper
12-29-2011, 04:36:17 PM
Ev, there's no wrong way to look at this challenge. What I was going to do, is say I have $5 rr to spend on something - well since I would have otherwise spent the cash, I would just put $5 cash in the bank - this works for me since there aren't many things in our stockpile that are low - I mean hey, if a deal comes up and I have to spend my whole HBA budget one week, no biggie. I want this to be a comfortable challenge for everyone - be creative, however you can get some cash into savings, as long as it's coupon related, go for it :)

But, what if you're rolling?! :giggle2: I think cuz of my crazy rolling @ times, I don't always count the RRs, but that's just me... ie during BF - my 2nd buys were of Floss and Advil PM, I was using the RRs from my 1st buy's to go into Floss / Advil .... then again, at times, when there's nothing to roll but I still need something @ Wags, I'll look @ the RR items (either free /cheap) and if I know the family will use, I'll get it prior to my ulimate buy - ie coffee :hysterical:

Good luck to all of you!

Uhhhh - one word for ya ~ BRAT :razz45:

kremsh
12-29-2011, 04:44:00 PM
Uhhhh - one word for ya ~ BRAT :razz45:

I dunno whatcher talkin bout!:wink7:

chitownmelli
12-29-2011, 05:12:18 PM
Now Ev, if you've known me longer than a week you know I am easily confused lol!!!

isis
12-29-2011, 07:04:18 PM
I'm planning on doing the same thing. Do you actually get that many Swagbucks per month, though?

I've been doing well, *so far*, averaging about 2400/month since starting late August!

rebate_queen
12-29-2011, 08:17:17 PM
I will join. Since I don't keep track of how many coupons I use or the savings that I net, I will only be counting money I receive from rebates, doing surveys, and trading/auctions.

I won't be saving for anything specific. My savings for 2011 was mostly to see if I could save what it cost for DD's braces. So, maybe I can use some of the money from 2012 to take a long overdue "real" vacation this summer or fall.

mom2lucas
12-29-2011, 08:23:39 PM
I'm in.

I need to save for an emergency fund too.

froggie3
12-30-2011, 04:19:17 AM
I'm in. I will count savings from coupons, any possible rebates I do(I don't do many) and ECBs/Ups/RRs.

No idea what I am saving for....I think it will mostly be about staying within budget using coupons so that we can pay for other stuff....like the baby due in June.

cpaige
12-30-2011, 04:34:34 AM

I am an old lady, and I'm proud of it! I still get carded at the bar, so :giggle2: to you! You brought up the age...so now I ask you...again....or are you sceerd!??:whistle67:How old YOU be, missy?? :biggrin:

chitownmelli
12-30-2011, 05:18:09 AM
got you all up to here :)

TiggerToo
12-30-2011, 05:46:25 AM
I am an old lady, and I'm proud of it! I still get carded at the bar, so :giggle2: to you! You brought up the age...so now I ask you...again....or are you sceerd!??:whistle67:How old YOU be, missy?? :biggrin:

Court...Ev is Skeert....berry skeert!!!!!

SFShopper
12-30-2011, 10:32:43 AM

Court...Ev is Skeert....berry skeert!!!!!

16 :giggle2: Child prodigy; and will be 16 next year too :wink7:
(Am not skeert :razz45:)
cpaige - hmmm... carded, huh? :hysterical: mee's tooooo :whistle67:

Sooo, random, got a 10 onyo @ a local grocery store from getting some GCs a couple of weeks ago. IF this were 2012 - would the 10 count? :hysterical:

chitownmelli
12-30-2011, 10:39:58 AM
well I guess it depends on how you are counting. If the member who had the OYNO was simply counting their coupon savings for the year, then sure. For the way that I am tracking my own personal savings, I would not count it unless I used those OYNO in place of cash and then deposited that cash in the bank. So depending on how each of us chooses to track and record our "savings" for some, it would count, for some it wouldn't :)

Keep trying, you will stump me soon I'm sure lol!!!!

ELLE-TN
12-30-2011, 10:40:06 AM
I'm in but just for fun. I want to keep track of how much I save with Q's this year.

chitownmelli
12-30-2011, 10:40:59 AM
sweet, elle, happy to have you!

TiggerToo
12-30-2011, 10:46:10 AM
16 :giggle2: Child prodigy; and will be 16 next year too :wink7:

(Am not skeert :razz45:)
cpaige - hmmm... carded, huh? :hysterical: mee's tooooo :whistle67:

Sooo, random, got a 10 onyo @ a local grocery store from getting some GCs a couple of weeks ago. IF this were 2012 - would the 10 count? :hysterical:

1st: Child prodigy my :MonkeyButtLanichan:

2nd: Are too skeert!!!:razz45:

3rd: You need to email SSCS to get your question answered...:hysterical:

chitownmelli
12-30-2011, 10:48:48 AM
SSCS, the coupon oracle :D (now I'm thinking of the matrix lol)

Maybe Ev can be the coupon genie. She can go around granting people's coupon wishes :P That should be her new name. hee hee

VivaciousJewelz
12-30-2011, 10:49:40 AM
I like it! Coupon Genie!

SFShopper
12-30-2011, 11:04:03 AM
1st: Child prodigy my :MonkeyButtLanichan:

2nd: Are too skeert!!!:razz45:

3rd: You need to email SSCS to get your question answered...:hysterical:
1st: must u be soooo negative?! :hysterical:
2nd: :carryon:
3rd: SSCS - Da Coupon Oracle :hysterical6: now I'm thinking of my dear :<3: dear departed previous Governator - "I'll be bacccccccccccccck!"

SSCS, the coupon oracle :D (now I'm thinking of the matrix lol)

Maybe Ev can be the coupon genie. She can go around granting people's coupon wishes :P That should be her new name. hee hee
Coupon Genie - :nono77: for realz, should I be sending u a lump of coal now?!! :giggle2: I'm just a Simple Girl... :omg: now I'm thinking Paris of Simple Life :hysterical: but me don't wanna go to jail or be followed by helicopters...

Chitownmelli - soooo, me's not a doubler or rebater :hysterical: I want to continue my quest of :question8::question8: to you - as your my new Oracle... how can I get my numbers to be as high as some of the doublers?! :poke:

ScrappyDoo
12-30-2011, 11:07:36 AM
Oh and Ev.........ARE TOO SKEERT

chitownmelli
12-30-2011, 11:10:19 AM
The oracle says: you have to ask someone who gets better doubles than I do.

LOL!!!!

And no, I don't need a lump of coal hee hee.

cybilx10
12-30-2011, 05:16:53 PM
Im in...

$2012 for 2012

cybilx10
01-01-2012, 10:42:04 AM
is everyone ready???

VivaciousJewelz
01-01-2012, 11:29:42 AM
I am ready!!

TiggerToo
01-01-2012, 12:17:31 PM
...i already went shopping today...

chitownmelli
01-01-2012, 12:30:55 PM
I think we are going to do a little shopping/ saving today too :)

tacatcon
01-01-2012, 01:55:26 PM
ok so dumb question time. And Tara is very tired so be kind. lol Are we counting what we save on our grocery bill/store bill or what we sock away in a savings account?

chitownmelli
01-01-2012, 03:46:30 PM
It's up to you, Tara. At first I was thinking whatever we put into savings, and then people came up with some great ideas for themselves - so if you want to go for $ saved on the grocery bill, fine, if you want to go for actual savings in the bank, that's fine too. (I may actually change the way I am counting after coming home huffy from Target today lol) but basically, in this challenge, the goal is to "save" $2012 - one way or another, whether it is just $ you didn't spend on groceries/ hba/ whatever - or money that you put away in the bank BECAUSE you saved that money with coupons. Sound good? I would rather have it be flexible so more people can play along and do what works best for them :)

froggie3
01-01-2012, 04:25:00 PM
Yay no shopping today...well that isn't true, but I only got coupons and chocolate milk, of course that means now I have a trip to CVS to plan for Tide and Dawn, but that will be later this week....we can pretend I saved $$ today by not really shopping...

OR we can say I saved $$ because we are sewing cloth diapers right now for the new baby due in June...that would be like $2000 in savings over the diaper "career". :hysterical:

VivaciousJewelz
01-01-2012, 06:49:06 PM
I did some shopping, but I only saved about $2 since I didn't use any coupons. I don't anticipate any more shopping until some coupons I traded for come in and that should get the ball rolling.

kookiecrisp
01-01-2012, 07:36:04 PM
I'm in for saving $2012 in 2012.

I'll count savings from coupons, rebates, PineCone, and Swagbucks (if I ever get enough points to cash out lol)

I've never kept track of my savings so this will be fun.

tacatcon
01-01-2012, 08:27:07 PM
It's up to you, Tara. At first I was thinking whatever we put into savings, and then people came up with some great ideas for themselves - so if you want to go for $ saved on the grocery bill, fine, if you want to go for actual savings in the bank, that's fine too. (I may actually change the way I am counting after coming home huffy from Target today lol) but basically, in this challenge, the goal is to "save" $2012 - one way or another, whether it is just $ you didn't spend on groceries/ hba/ whatever - or money that you put away in the bank BECAUSE you saved that money with coupons. Sound good? I would rather have it be flexible so more people can play along and do what works best for them :)

Sounds good to me! :) and I think I'm going to track more what I save on my grocery/store bill because I know I'm not socking away $2012 this year. Not with one kid graduating from high school and one from kindergarten and a trip to Vegas and possibly a trip to Orlando. lol

chitownmelli
01-01-2012, 09:06:14 PM
Cool! I'll update the newcomers to the challenge, and Julie's $2 in coupon savings tomorrow. Tee hee :)

kookiecrisp
01-02-2012, 07:22:26 AM
OK, so I know we can keep track however we'd like but....I'm wondering how everyone else would track this.....I've had numerous coupons that give pretty good overage @ Walmart and have been getting the cash instead of applying it to other items cause I do not buy meats/milk etc @ Walmart. So I take that cash and go to the grocery store and buy those items. So even though I am re-spending (is that a word LOL) that cash, it is still considered a savings, right???? Did I lose you yet???
I use the envelope system for bills, groceries etc but when I get the overage, I don't take that amount out of my grocery envie and save it, I just add to it to stock up even more. Meats have been on sale here so I've been using the extra $ to fill my freezer with cheap meats.

chitownmelli
01-02-2012, 09:39:31 AM
good question, I do the envie method kinda the same way, so I understand your question. You could just track the $ you saved with q's. That's pretty simple, you know you are going to recycle your saved money on meat or whatever, but you could keep track of what your savings were in the first place. Just a suggestion.

froggie3
01-02-2012, 01:23:28 PM
Ok, I now KNOW I will count actual coupon/RR/ECB/Ups savings as the $2012...I will keep my running total of coupons used in here too because I am BAD at keeping up in many different threads for a LONG time.

So to start today, I saved $40.30 at CVS and used 12 coupons....well on my way to $2012. :hysterical:

bugface711
01-02-2012, 02:43:36 PM
I am going to break mine down in my siggy. # of coupons used, coupon savings & savings overall from sale, markdown, gift card deals etc. but only for food & hba items.
have to figure out what I saved today @ target so I can kick off my 2012 saving spree!!

ok ETA

@ target today i saved $56.93 on food & HBA. only 4 coupons used for $3.10 + 53.83 saved in sale/clearance food markdowns. frozen chicken was a STEAL!!! :BigHand:

I know some mods are "banking" their savings. I am using my month by month savings to help reach my goal of having every cent on credit cards paid off in 2012 :biggrin:

ryansmommie
01-03-2012, 07:22:56 AM
Saved $3 yesterday. A small start, but every little bit helps. I bought 6 12-packs of soda and used (1) $1.00/2 coupons.

Michelle

chitownmelli
01-03-2012, 07:31:03 AM
go ahead and update your totals in the wiki guys, Julie got us wiki in here so you don't have to wait around for my slow self to get you updated :D

rheavon
01-03-2012, 07:55:03 AM
Updated wiki. Took a quick essentials run yesterday and saved $16.19 with $6.94 in coupons/multiplied & $9.25 in other store savings (clearance, etc).

Katane
01-03-2012, 09:25:21 AM
I'll join! I'm gonna use coupons and start playing the drug store game now that we have two drugstores in town. I'd like to use our savings to travel to TN and MS so hubby can see his family. We've been horrible about it these last few years as there just hasn't been any money for renting a car and boarding the dog and all those things.

cybilx10
01-03-2012, 10:19:22 AM
Am I the only one that still hasnt spent any money since the new year? I guess it pays to work full time, otherwise I would be wanting to shop all the time.

I might make it to Wags this week, still havent decided and Im waiting on my coupon genie and her stash to get to me so I can shop.

ryansmommie
01-03-2012, 11:07:53 AM
Saved 9.69 today. (3) $2.00 of beef wine tags and (1) Free coupon for pancakes. (Home Mailer.)

Michelle

wookin
01-03-2012, 11:48:24 AM
FYI, breaking it down $2012 divided by 365, we must save on average $5.51/day. This is day 3 so if you have saved $16.53 or more, you are on track.

isis
01-03-2012, 03:21:21 PM
I'm just keeping track of coupons used + coupon savings -

1/1 - 12 q's used for $26.99 in savings!

I also cashed out for 2 Amazon e-gc's yesterday, so thats 2/55 towards Christmas!

VivaciousJewelz
01-03-2012, 06:19:59 PM
Took advantage of the Triaminic deal at Wags. I now have $5 in savings!

HCW Newbie
01-03-2012, 07:36:30 PM
I'd like to join the $2012 in 2012 [what a great concept!]. I'll do this by couponing. I rarely see rebate options around here [or at least that I'm aware of].

Please add me to your awesome spreadsheet, CouponNinja!

I'm saving mainly for more savings in our account...we are planning on building a house! To make it even 'tougher' for me, 1/2 of what I save in coupons will go 'under my mattress' as my savings fund!

Good luck everyone!
~Cynthia

BTW - please add: $22.00. I saved this amount in coupons @ Kroger on 02Jan2012. I saved $54.05 with my Kroger card alone but only saved $22.00 [even] in coupons/e-coupons so my "balance" should be = $1,990!

Thanks,
Cynthia

ryansmommie
01-04-2012, 03:56:30 AM
$20.00 in rebate checks in yesterday's mail. Yipee!

Michelle

Katane
01-04-2012, 06:35:48 AM
Am I the only one that still hasnt spent any money since the new year? I guess it pays to work full time, otherwise I would be wanting to shop all the time.

I might make it to Wags this week, still havent decided and Im waiting on my coupon genie and her stash to get to me so I can shop.

nope, I haven't spent anything either. Unless you count filling buying gas for the car and we all know that's not very savings friendly

ScrappyDoo
01-04-2012, 01:20:04 PM
I spent $59 today at Walmart and used 7 coupons@ $1 each so that's a grand total of $7 saved so far :smile:

chitownmelli
01-04-2012, 01:30:36 PM
go ahead and use the wiki everyone. It's there for your enjoyment :) (and I'm slow lol!)

isis
01-04-2012, 01:39:41 PM
I used a whopping 3 coupons at Target today for $2.05 in savings (the .05 is bag credit! - hey it shows as a coupon on my receipt!)

ELLE-TN
01-04-2012, 01:47:51 PM
1/4 - spent $11.70 @ Target today and SAVED $18.46 in Q's - go me LOL

hillaryef
01-04-2012, 07:49:44 PM
So, I'm jumping in on this one!! I'm sticking to two goals...companies and $. But I've also told DH that I'm trying to keep shopping to once a week...so this could get interesting. As of right now, I'm going to say that its going to be coupons and ECBs. If I happen to stumble on an item that's REALLY on sale and I stock up even without a coupon, I joked with DH that I might count it :whistle67: (like when I found campbells cream of mushroom soup for $0.15 a can at Walmart...since I bought about 40 cans [all they had] and no matter what I use so much in the winter that I really saved my family LOTS of money this winter) :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

So I've done one shopping trip this year and I used 1 coupon for $0.80. I'm really making progress...don't ya' think. Only $2011.20 to go!!

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2012, 09:41:31 PM
So, I'm jumping in on this one!! I'm sticking to two goals...companies and $. But I've also told DH that I'm trying to keep shopping to once a week...so this could get interesting. As of right now, I'm going to say that its going to be coupons and ECBs. If I happen to stumble on an item that's REALLY on sale and I stock up even without a coupon, I joked with DH that I might count it :whistle67: (like when I found campbells cream of mushroom soup for $0.15 a can at Walmart...since I bought about 40 cans [all they had] and no matter what I use so much in the winter that I really saved my family LOTS of money this winter) :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

So I've done one shopping trip this year and I used 1 coupon for $0.80. I'm really making progress...don't ya' think. Only $2011.20 to go!!

You go girl!

I'll be doing a little more coupon shopping tomorrow, so I'll have more to post, hopefully.

isis
01-04-2012, 09:46:41 PM
DH used a $5 Best Buy Reward Zone certificate tonight!! Oh and I got my $20 Serve ck in the mail, so that's going towards the vacation fund! yippie skippie
so 16 q's for $34.04 in savings.

rebate_queen
01-05-2012, 04:01:50 AM
So far, I have saved $4.62 from trades. Sure wish some rebates would come in soon!

cpaige
01-05-2012, 04:25:23 AM

Nope. I haven't used a coupon yet this year! I haven't bought anything other than gas this week, so I"m with ya!!

tacatcon
01-05-2012, 07:49:07 AM
I spent money! lol I only saved $6 with coupons so far and haven't filled out my December rebates yet. I am doing that this weekend.

chitownmelli
01-05-2012, 07:55:46 AM
6 bucks is 6 bucks, tacatcon :) Good job!

bugface711
01-05-2012, 08:12:13 AM
I have only shopped once this year so far. Its darn COLD out so I dont want to leave my warm house. But I did get in my 1st rebate check of the year for $5 so I will go update the wiki :)

cybilx10
01-05-2012, 09:55:23 AM
Nope. I haven't used a coupon yet this year! I haven't bought anything other than gas this week, so I"m with ya!!

I wonder if the deal follows through with the step 2 thingy, if you could use my discount as part of your savings? :giggle2: I mean you did save some $$ :wink7:

Still havent spent anything (besides doctors visits :sad3:), havent even bought anything this week.

Do have to go to Meijer today and pick up a prescription which I have a coupon to use so that I can get a coupon for $20 and I will drop another one off today and I have a coupon that will get me another coupon for $30 back.... Thats about the only thing I like about Meijers pharmacy right now, otherwise those folks are so slow and uncaring.
So when I go grocery shopping I can add those 2 coupons into it... I feel a little better now about not saving any $$

hillaryef
01-05-2012, 02:26:33 PM
I'm so jealous of those of you that live in rebate land. In Ohio...we just don't get those :-(

I did save at CVS today. $2 Q + $2 ECB and finally almost tapped out my last GC $8.64. I have $0.25 left on it.

Would you guys believe that my family was so sick last year that I was able to use a bunch of Meijer coupons (I think I got almost $150 if not more or so...DD ended up with ear tubes :whistle67:) that I cashed in at CVS, I didn't use $0.01 of my own money at CVS from 11/10 to 10/11. I wasn't able to make it until Black Friday...I was SO close...but in the end...I wasn't able to do it. :-( But my DH was shocked at how much stuff (we actually use/brands we liked) we were able to get at CVS with GC and ECB and such (and I don't think we bought too many HBA elsewhere). So it was an interesting year! I will say that one time I thought DH was going to kill me b/c I was waiting for my razors to go on sale with ECB and it took almost a month and for the last two weeks my last razor wasn't working too well...but I refused to go a pay full price when I knew I had a great coupon and that they would go on sale + ecb if I just held out and then we'd get the ones I wanted with no OOP! Needless to say...he wasn't too happy with me :whistle67: But it worked out :giggle2:

Told DH we don't have that sweet deal working out for us this year. I tapped my last GC off today...and now I get to see how good I can do CVS without my fall back of GCs :hectic:

bugface711
01-05-2012, 02:50:29 PM
Today I used 11 coupons totaling $19 + I saved $25.95 in sale prices/$10 gift card redemption earned on a prior transaction. (i count as savings when redeemed, not when I get them).

total savings today was $44.95 added to my previous savings brings me up to $106.88.

Going shopping with tacatcon & amylynne01 on Sunday. My goal is to bump this number UP!

cybilx10
01-05-2012, 07:26:42 PM
I saved a $1.50 today...well dh did but I printed, cut and gave him the coupon to use. LOL

froggie3
01-06-2012, 04:09:26 AM
Saved $5.20 last night with no coupons....the sale at the store was buy 5 GM products get $2 off instantly....and the small packets of muffin mix are BOGO at 1.19(limit 2 free)...so I spent $1.55, saved $4.40 and got a cat for 20 extra box tops....I am gonna take some serious advantage of this sale before it ends. I also bought some soda which accounts for the other .80 I saved. :giggle2:

cheap-o
01-06-2012, 10:46:39 AM
I'm in. Saving because we are moving this year. :rolleyes24:

Katane
01-06-2012, 01:16:13 PM
Went to a local place to buy meat today, it's much cheaper there and and the quality is excellent. I bought chicken and ribeyes, paid 38.25 for what would have been 107.35 at the grocery store.

froggie3
01-06-2012, 05:39:58 PM
Saved $13.10 tonight...again no coupons. I just ran to get more muffin mix and the few essential we needed for the week....the only things I will be buying until payday are the cheap muffin mixes that net the bonus box tops.

bugface711
01-06-2012, 07:19:34 PM
Went to a local place to buy meat today, it's much cheaper there and and the quality is excellent. I bought chicken and ribeyes, paid 38.25 for what would have been 107.35 at the grocery store.

that is AWESOME!! i just sent an email tonight to find out about ordering our own meat this spring! love good quality meat!!!

Today I used 8 coupons and saved $8.65 on those coupons. no sale prices. new total added to the wiki.

115.53/$2012 - 23 coupons used

froggie3
01-07-2012, 12:38:16 PM
Saved $9.60 today, no coupons...got another 40 bonus boxtops.

VivaciousJewelz
01-07-2012, 12:51:15 PM
Okay, I made a spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets!) to track my savings, spending, and coupon usage which I linked in my siggy so I can just update one thing.

ryansmommie
01-07-2012, 02:48:52 PM
Finally made a Harris Teeter super doubles trip. Spent $3.48 for 108.75. $68.04 was coupons.

At Lowes Foods, used $23.38 of coupons: $10/50, (4) .30/1 Chobani Home Mailers, (2) Free Chung's Home Mailers, $2.00 Beef Winetag. (Unfortunately, I spent more than the $3 I did at HT.)

That takes my coupons/rebate total to $124.01.

Michelle

bugface711
01-07-2012, 03:56:02 PM
I did a walgreens trip today. YAY!! First one in a very long time.

I used 6 coupons & rr's for a $37 coupon savings + 66.94 in sale prices. I did a higher than usual OOP but I was ok with it since I wanted to stock up on some meds anyway. spent $40 but have $36 in RR's left to use next week.

chitownmelli
01-07-2012, 04:29:19 PM
I used 3 coupons, saving $6. Added to wiki :)

isis
01-08-2012, 10:28:48 AM
Yesterday, I used -
1 coupon at the grocery store (.40)
3 @ Rite Aid (5.00)

ryansmommie
01-08-2012, 02:25:55 PM
Another Super Doubles Trip Today - Used 7 coupons. Coupon savings = 12.60.

Michelle

ScrappyDoo
01-08-2012, 05:03:52 PM
3 Rebates totalling $7 came in today so that is $7 more to add to my savings. Every little bit adds up.

TiggerToo
01-08-2012, 05:16:48 PM
:hd2::dance43::hd2:I actually went to Target today, and with two GC that I received as a gift...and coopons...I walked away payin nufin!!!...not a dime...not a cent...dinna even hafta pull out my CC...oh yea baby....

First time in my life that I have EVER dun that!:dance43::hd2::dance43:

:dance7::dance7::dance7:

rheavon
01-08-2012, 05:29:48 PM
Alrighty. Got back from a delightful shopping trip. Saved $38.84 using 31 coupons and $30.89 through promos/clearance items = $69.73 for today! Brings my total for the year to $85.92.

Also got a $10 off next purchase cat, but I won't count it until I actually use it, hehe.

chitownmelli
01-09-2012, 06:46:23 AM
Saved another $8.75 with coupons yesterday - would have been better, but when DH gave me the receipt, it looks like Piggly Wiggly didn't double the coupons. Good thing I went to all the trouble to go home and print out the doubler huh?

isis
01-09-2012, 08:35:32 AM
I used 12 q's for $28.75 in savings @ CVS yesterday.

ryansmommie
01-09-2012, 04:12:05 PM
$63.00 in rebate checks in today's mail. Yipee!!!

Michelle

chitownmelli
01-09-2012, 04:32:30 PM
wow! way to go ryansmommie!!!

bugface711
01-09-2012, 05:38:07 PM
shopped with tacatcon & amylynne01 yesterday! So much fun.

I used 85 coupons. saved $163.02 just from coupons (love $10 RR's) and 99.48 in sale prices on food & hba. not counting the savings at target on holiday clearance.

will update my new savings in the wiki & my siggy

wookin
01-10-2012, 09:46:38 AM
I've been rockin it out at CVS and Kroger this week. Love the $7/1 Osteo-Bi-Flex coupons.

cheap-o
01-10-2012, 11:34:44 AM
Yesterdays shopping

Retail $72.40

Saved $57.78

OOP $14.62 :BigHand:

Coupons used 42

Just for fun what I got
2-playtex sippy cups (I know. I don't need these but for .49ea I can't pass them up for sis)
2-MP Pasta
2-MP Pasta sauce
2-MP mac and cheese
4lb broccoli
5 yellow onions
10lb bag of potatoes
4 cucumbers
6 soft soap
6 Lady speed stick
6pk knorr mini cubes (onion and garlic)
6pk Knorr Beef cubes
6 ajax dish soap
4 up2u gum

meggers
01-10-2012, 07:58:06 PM
Okay, I'm in.

I just saved at LEAST 100K in bail money by not killing my mechanic. I win! :hd1:

cheynesnana
01-10-2012, 07:58:50 PM
Okay, I'm in.

I just saved at LEAST 100K in bail money by not killing my mechanic. I win! :hd1:

:hysterical::hysterical:

cheynesnana
01-10-2012, 08:00:05 PM
But since I woulda had to pay the bail... don't I win? :hysterical::hysterical:

chitownmelli
01-10-2012, 08:00:18 PM
I think meggers wins lol!!!

Keep up the great work everyone!

meggers
01-10-2012, 08:05:58 PM
But since I woulda had to pay the bail... don't I win? :hysterical::hysterical:

Nope, cause Id'a had to pay ya back, right? :MonkeyButtLanichan:

Careful...if you say "no" then my next question will be: "Can I borrow a hunnert K?" :giggle2:

cheynesnana
01-10-2012, 08:09:52 PM
Nope, cause Id'a had to pay ya back, right? :MonkeyButtLanichan:

Careful...if you say "no" then my next question will be: "Can I borrow a hunnert K?" :giggle2:

Nope... and Nope.. cuz I'm saving it for bail! :MonkeyButtLanichan:

meggers
01-10-2012, 08:13:02 PM
Fine, granny! You win!

cheynesnana
01-10-2012, 08:14:06 PM
Bite me old woman!

meggers
01-10-2012, 08:27:25 PM
:hysterical:

cpaige
01-11-2012, 04:19:31 AM
I still haven't used a coupon this year! :grouch2: I have to food shop so horribly and now b/c the :money7: is SO tight, I have to do a massive shop w/ $100.00. Talk about pressure! :mad37: Normally that $100 wouldn't bother me, but we have no meat (except spare ribs) in the house and zero frozen or fresh veggies!! I have NO vegetarian food, except pasta and since I'm trying to lose weight, that's not going to work right now.

So, I need to buy: meat, veggies (fresh and frozen), vegetarian 'meats', healthy snacks, and other stuff for $100 bucks. Talk about having to seriously stay on budget!!! I'm going :shopping999: tonight, as long as I can tweak my list and get it under that price! This is going to be interesting, to say the least! Wish me luck!!!

isis
01-11-2012, 07:46:44 AM
I still haven't used a coupon this year! :grouch2: I have to food shop so horribly and now b/c the :money7: is SO tight, I have to do a massive shop w/ $100.00. Talk about pressure! :mad37: Normally that $100 wouldn't bother me, but we have no meat (except spare ribs) in the house and zero frozen or fresh veggies!! I have NO vegetarian food, except pasta and since I'm trying to lose weight, that's not going to work right now.

So, I need to buy: meat, veggies (fresh and frozen), vegetarian 'meats', healthy snacks, and other stuff for $100 bucks. Talk about having to seriously stay on budget!!! I'm going :shopping999: tonight, as long as I can tweak my list and get it under that price! This is going to be interesting, to say the least! Wish me luck!!!

Good luck!

I used 12 q's @ Winn Dixie for $8.65 in savings

wookin
01-11-2012, 11:49:33 AM
Did another CVS and Kroger run today. When I left CVS I noticed that I only needed $1.09 for another $10 GC. Found CVS TP for $1.19. That will do. Well I checked out and nothing printed for the GC so they gave me $10 ECB's. Awesome trip brining my total this year to $342.86. Still have $4, $10 ECB's and a $10 GC.

cybilx10
01-11-2012, 06:51:39 PM

Good Luck Courtney. I am in the same boat this week. All the bills are due in 2 weeks so I have to do all th grocery shopping this week with only $200.00 for the month.

Picture this...ran out of tampons, grocery store is packed cause its supposed to snow tonight/tommorrow. I am walking through the store with a box of tampons and a big Mr GoodBar in my hand...lets just say the sea parted and I walked in and walked right out. :hysterical:

cpaige
01-11-2012, 07:41:14 PM
Good Luck Courtney. I am in the same boat this week. All the bills are due in 2 weeks so I have to do all th grocery shopping this week with only $200.00 for the month.

Picture this...ran out of tampons, grocery store is packed cause its supposed to snow tonight/tommorrow. I am walking through the store with a box of tampons and a big Mr GoodBar in my hand...lets just say the sea parted and I walked in and walked right out. :hysterical:

:giggle2: I love it!! ''Excuse me! Obvious PMS coming through! Move it, or lose it!!" :giggle2:

I managed it and was still under the $100.00!! 5 years ago I never thought I would be able to buy a ton of meat, fresh veggies, fruit, eggs, snacks for my son, baby food (for my niece) and tons of other things for a total of $93.00!!! And of course, some (annoying) lady sees my binder and gets about an inch from me and says "OMG! Are you one of those Extreme Couponers?!!" ggggggrrrrrr "No. I"m not. I'm a smart shopper. What are you?" I walked away. I was too tired, my back hurt and of course it was raining and I just wanted to get out of there. It's ALWAYS raining when I have to food shop!

Anywho :whistle67: Used 51 Q's and they totaled $53.30 before doubling!! I'll update my part of the wiki in the am....too tired.

motherofmolly
01-12-2012, 10:41:26 AM
$153.49 spent
$61.61 in coupons.

first day out wasnt bad. that included a swimsuit for me.

ELLE-TN
01-12-2012, 01:55:38 PM

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I shopped today and stocked up on HBA, cleaning supplies, and laundry stuff. I saved $192.81 at Kroger :BigHand: This stuff should last me a while I hope!! :dontknow1: I'm hoping 2-3 months :dontknow1: Unfortunately, I still have to go buy meat because I get better prices at a different store.

hillaryef
01-12-2012, 02:51:02 PM
Several trips later I saved $28.64 off of 22 coupons.

Okay...I need help! First, I can't tell if meat around here is "good" or "bad" priced. That's my first problem. Second, I can't find ground beef around here for a decent price. I'm so frustrated. I can find chicken at a decent price...but my family has asked for several different non-chicken meals and I just keep telling them nope...there hasn't been any sales...so we are stuck with chicken.

Advice? Seriously...I am really frustrated...:mad37: (that's how I feel when I'm standing in Kroger/Meijer trying to determine if "XYZ" is a good price)

TIA!!!!!!! (don't y'all just love questions like this! I feel like a HUGE :new16: at the moment. :giggle2:)

chitownmelli
01-12-2012, 02:59:44 PM
Hillary, it's not you, the price of meat has really gone up.

hillaryef
01-12-2012, 04:53:49 PM
Hillary, it's not you, the price of meat has really gone up.

With that...what are your "price points" for meat...like a roast and ground beef, etc...

any help here would be fabulous...I think I need to establish new price points if that makes any sense? Also some of you guys are talking about getting local meat...what's that?

chitownmelli
01-12-2012, 05:06:59 PM
Well only a few come to mind with all of the price changes that have happened here, I guess I Just don't know what to expect at the store any more, KWIM? So ground beef has been going "on sale" for 2.49 a pound. I really try to hold out for 1.99 - which actually is much much higher than what stock up prices used to be just a couple of years ago. Pork - I do a lot of roasts - for those bone in butt roasts that come in a big ol bag, I wait for .99/lb and for other roasts, pretty little sirloin roasts etc, I try to do 1.99/lb - it hasn't gotten much lower here in some time. Beef I don't even know what to say any more. I used to say I would do $3 a pound for any beef roast (two years ago it was $2/lb!), if it was 3 it was good enough for me, but I'm not seeing that price any more, it's more like 3.49 or higher..... so I hope that gives you something to go on, or at least a place to start.

Oh, I dont buy chicken much because DH absolutely hates it, but boneless skinless for myself I will do for 1.99/lb or less, bone in breast .99/lb whole roaster we can still get on occasion for .99/ lb.

mom2lucas
01-12-2012, 05:14:38 PM
I saved $26 dollars with coupons today at Earthfare! That's my first coupon trip of the year, and it felt GREAT!

VivaciousJewelz
01-12-2012, 07:37:49 PM
I buy boneless/skinless chicken for $1.99 or less, or boned chicken for $.99 or under... I usually stay away from most other kinds of meat b/c they are so much more expensive. :sad3:

cheap-o
01-12-2012, 10:04:24 PM
I look for anything under these prices.

Chicken BLSL $1.99
Chicken whole .59
Chicken bones .99
Pork chops 1.99
Pork roasts 1.50
Pork loin 2.99
pork country ribs .99
Beef ground high fat 1.50
Beef ground lean 2.50
Beef roasts 1.99
Beef steaks 5.00 (yeah right. DH wants steak but I say no :hysterical:)

We have a lot of what you would call "ethnic markets". They have good meat sales and specials on Thursday. Produce specials on Wendsday. This week they have chicken breast for .89c. Good week for me to stock up. Maybe you have some of these type of stores around town.

Ok wanna drool :giggle2:? This week they have awesome sales on produce. :BigHand:
Tomatoes .25c lb
Bananas .25c lb
Oranges 6lb for .99
Onions 8lb for .99
lettuce 3/.99
cucumber 6/.99

froggie3
01-13-2012, 04:50:39 AM
With that...what are your "price points" for meat...like a roast and ground beef, etc...

any help here would be fabulous...I think I need to establish new price points if that makes any sense? Also some of you guys are talking about getting local meat...what's that?

These are the price points I stock up at, but I buy when it gets close to these prices especially when we need it.

Whole chicken - .88/lb (wegmans has this price locked until end of april so I will make sure I am stocked before then)
BLSL Breasts - 1.99/lb
Bone-in Breasts - .99/lb
Ground Beef(80/20) - 1.99/lb (again wegmans has this price locked until end of april)
Beef Roast - $3.00-$4.00/lb
Pork Roast - .99/lb (wegmans has the bone in pork shoulder roasts locked also)

I can get the bag of frozen leg quarters at Aldi for .79/lb and it is a 3 or 4lb bag. Safeway will sometimes put their BLSL frozen bag of breasts on sale for 1.69/lb and I will get those over my other stock up price. Aldi also has the frozen 1lb tubes of ground turkey for $1.39.

I tend to buy whole chickens or bone in breasts over the BLSL...I will make my own BLSL breasts or process(cut up) the whole chicken and make stock from the bones for the freezer....get more from the meat.

Katane
01-13-2012, 11:20:46 AM
I just can't seem to get going this year. I've only been to the store once so far.

ryansmommie
01-13-2012, 11:32:16 AM
I did two transactions at Harris Teeter Today.

First Transaction. Original Price = 46.48 OOP = 3.27 Coupons Used = 20.76
Second Transaction Original Price - 19.91 OOP = 1.59 Coupons Used = 8.78

Michelle

cybilx10
01-13-2012, 05:42:22 PM
I went shopping today..

I spent $68.71 when it should have cost me over $181. I think I did pretty darn good today.

Used 23 coupons

Katane
01-14-2012, 07:56:18 AM
Also some of you guys are talking about getting local meat...what's that?

There's a farm near where I live that sells meat wholesale. It's a lot cheaper than the grocery store but the selection is more limited.

ryansmommie
01-14-2012, 10:30:23 AM
Today's weekly shopping trip - I used $41.37 in coupons.

Michelle

isis
01-14-2012, 02:09:10 PM
I used a $10 online coupon code today! All I had to do was pay $4.99 shipping! (I bought Coconut Oil and Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour and chose 2 free tea samples) Totally lazy, but I didn't have to leave my house LOL

oh, and the other day I forgot a coupon I used at CVS - $10 for earning the CVS CashCard.

froggie3
01-15-2012, 04:46:53 AM
Went to Wegmans yesterday to get meat at their "locked" prices....By going there I got:

24lbs of whole chicken(4)
10lbs of leg quarters
7lb Pork Shoulder Roast
6lbs of 80/20 ground beef

I paid $44.73....if I had bought it at my other stores it would have been closer to $101.53, so I saved $56.80 by going there. I am hoping we can just buy a 1/2 a cow come tax time but if not, Wegmans will be where we buy most of our meat from now on.

cpaige
01-15-2012, 04:51:53 AM
Used 2 more coupons yesterday to score 2 bottle of Nature's Bounty Co Qu 10 Umbiqunol for $0.49 each! Had 2 $7.00/1 and had 2 $7.00/1 cellfire coupons! These suckers are usually really expensive, so this is a nice little score.

*updated in the wiki*

tacatcon
01-15-2012, 12:49:51 PM
ok finally had time to add up some of my coupons-still have more to do from yesterday but I saved $120.79 in coupons and clearance items from the last week

TiggerToo
01-15-2012, 01:31:58 PM
I am actually doin purty good. I have used a total of 99 coupons and have saved over $331.00. This is with coupons and clearance items. I have made it a point too every time I save, take that savings and transfer it over into my savings account.

rheavon
01-15-2012, 07:37:49 PM
Drop $51.93 in the hat. Used 18 coupons today.

:smile:

isis
01-15-2012, 08:08:38 PM
8 q's used for $8.45 in savings @ WM

When did Carnation Instant Breakfast get so darn expensive?? $4.96 for that stuff now! I haven't bought it in a while though (think the last time was at Target stacking a store coupon + manuf coupon). But I don't remember it being close to $5 at all. I was in shock!

cpaige
01-16-2012, 04:54:16 AM
8 q's used for $8.45 in savings @ WM

When did Carnation Instant Breakfast get so darn expensive?? $4.96 for that stuff now! I haven't bought it in a while though (think the last time was at Target stacking a store coupon + manuf coupon). But I don't remember it being close to $5 at all. I was in shock!

It's on sale at ShopRite this week for $3.99, I think. Or is it $4.99? I should know this since I'm the Mod for that forum. :giggle2:

chitownmelli
01-16-2012, 06:01:43 AM
I saved 12.77 yesterday using coupons.

hillaryef
01-17-2012, 11:27:01 AM
I told DH that I didn't plan to include product savings into this because I wanted to see how we did just in coupons and GCs...I have decided when I got to 4 stores with the soleuoaeod picking up one product, I'm including it. We are still trying to figure out if the saving was worth the gas :giggle2:

With that said, I used 45 coupons saving $58.26, $3 ECB, $10 GC & $22.32 in item (juice) savings. Total $93.58.

cybilx10
01-17-2012, 11:50:37 AM
I am so far behind. I need to sit down and and up all of my receipts and calculate my coupons used from last week and yesterday. I have a stack sitting on my desk that I need to get to before dh decides to start poking through them and loses one of them.

Everyone is doing awesome though...Wish I had a place around here for cheap meat like some of you. I almost fell over the other day when I found a round steak (just 1 in the package) for $7.99. Thats what I used to pay for like 3 of them.

Happy Savings!!!

isis
01-17-2012, 12:01:33 PM
It's on sale at ShopRite this week for $3.99, I think. Or is it $4.99? I should know this since I'm the Mod for that forum. :giggle2:

No shoprite here, unfortunately! Just Walmart, Target, Winn Dixie, Rouses, and the big 3 drugstores + a handful of locally owned, independent grocers.

Used 2 more q's today for $3.50 in savings -
1 @ WM ($.50), 1 @ CVS ($3 ecb)

ryansmommie
01-17-2012, 04:20:26 PM
$11 in rebates in today's mail.

Michelle

dliver316
01-17-2012, 05:09:28 PM
I dont know if it is too late to join...but if not I want in....I have been saving my receipts (not doing great so far though)

I am just going to track how much I save this year from coupons, ECBs, RR's, rebates (if I do any), gift card deals, and endorse.

Not saving for anything in particular just want to see what I can do.

So far I have saved $31.60 in coupons.

ryansmommie
01-18-2012, 03:48:08 PM
$40 in rebate checks in today's mail.

Michelle

froggie3
01-19-2012, 03:34:01 AM
Saved $12.19 at Food Lion yesterday and used 1 coupon.

cybilx10
01-20-2012, 11:18:08 AM
I updated my numbers.. I finally hit the $200 mark.

isis
01-20-2012, 11:39:56 AM
I used 2 coupons, for $5.24, at Target yesterday.

oh, and I cashed out for 2 more $5 Amazon gcs @ SB, so that's 4/55!

ryansmommie
01-20-2012, 03:47:14 PM
$20 rebate check in today's mail.

Michelle

wookin
01-20-2012, 06:38:26 PM
Shelves are finally getting restocked. Been rolling the $10 CVS bucks over and over the passed couple weeks. Also had great sales at Kroger and Publix. Keep the great sales coming.

Saved $16.75 at CVS tonight and got another $10 GC.

cpaige
01-22-2012, 05:10:04 AM
Question: Are we counting coupons just at face value or the value at doubling?

Went to SR yesterday, had some lady behind me comment on my purchases but one transaction cost me ZERO dollars OOP....so :razz45: to her!

Got 8 coffee creamers, 9 4pks of cat food @ 1.00 each, used 3 1.00/3 coupons and got cat food for my cats. (other food is for my mom's cats). Then used 2 $2.00 cats to bring it down a bit more! :BigHand:

froggie3
01-22-2012, 05:15:48 AM
Question: Are we counting coupons just at face value or the value at doubling?

Went to SR yesterday, had some lady behind me comment on my purchases but one transaction cost me ZERO dollars OOP....so :razz45: to her!

Got 8 coffee creamers, 9 4pks of cat food @ 1.00 each, used 3 1.00/3 coupons and got cat food for my cats. (other food is for my mom's cats). Then used 2 $2.00 cats to bring it down a bit more! :BigHand:

Everybody is figuring their savings differently. I am counting any savings, so coupons, doubling of coupons, sale/clearance prices, ecb, rr, up+. Others are doing just coupons/doubling of coupons, ecb, rr, up+.

cpaige
01-22-2012, 06:10:45 AM
Everybody is figuring their savings differently. I am counting any savings, so coupons, doubling of coupons, sale/clearance prices, ecb, rr, up+. Others are doing just coupons/doubling of coupons, ecb, rr, up+.

Oh man :sad3: I wasn't adding the double value of the coupons. I knew I should have asked this sooner! I'm going to have to see if I can find those first receipts. I think I just threw them out! At least I can fix the last entry to show the double value. Grrrr

cheap-o
01-22-2012, 03:26:41 PM
Safeway 3 coupons $3 saved

Wag today
25 coupons, $39 saved

chitownmelli
01-22-2012, 03:30:27 PM
cpaige, yeah it really is just a "however you want to keep track" sort of deal now. I had a basic idea when I started it but then other people had really good ideas so I figure we should each just save and track however we would like to - the goal is just to get to $2012 one way or another :)

ryansmommie
01-22-2012, 03:57:39 PM
Did my weekly shopping today. Coupon savings = 48.19

Michelle

ScrappyDoo
01-22-2012, 03:58:35 PM
I got a rebate check for $20 in. That one was a good one. Added new total to Wiki.:BigHand:

hillaryef
01-22-2012, 07:08:24 PM
This weekend I spent time at CVS really. I did that and a cereal deal at Meijer. Other than that, this week was my "buy the bare essentials" week. Next week is my "go grocery shopping" week. Which is a good thing since next week starts Kroger's mega deal and I believe my DH's SoBe juice is included!

Anyway, this week $21.67 with 13 Qs, $20 in GC and $2.87 ECB for total of $44.54 for the week.

I was telling DH is it a good thing I'm doing this. I usually look over my recipts when I leave a store and all. But leaving CVS this Friday it was so crazy with DD that I didn't have a chance to do anything. I put them in my purse planning to check them later that day (one receipt seemed really high). Turns out tonight when I was going over things, they were supposed to void out something and instead charged me for it twice. Called the store (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this CVS) and they told me to come in and they'd take care of it. So, its all good. I would have caught this at some point...but since I'm tracking my spending/saving for this, I wouldn't have caught it this quickly. So THANKS MELLI for doing this for me!!!

froggie3
01-24-2012, 05:51:53 AM
2 trips to the store yesterday...saved $7.84 with coupons and sales, used 2 coupons.

chitownmelli
01-24-2012, 06:33:47 AM
Got a rebate check for $3.50
Coupon savings on Sunday at the grocery store were $8.05

Luv Savings
01-24-2012, 08:19:27 AM
:encourage2::encourage2::encourage2:

Just wanted to say your all doing great. Keep up the awesome shopping trips

chitownmelli
01-24-2012, 08:20:54 AM
Thanks Luv!

Luv Savings
01-24-2012, 08:23:23 AM
:cheerleader2::cheerleader:

rheavon
01-24-2012, 08:49:02 AM
LOL, I feel like I'm getting "behind" but in reality, I've only made two shopping trips this year. So not spending money is sort of the same as saving money, right? :giggle2:

motherofmolly
01-24-2012, 09:48:43 AM
coupons amount #175.20
number of coupons 89
total spent $275.58

this is two weeks since i forgot last week. last week 20 free pouches of tuna...this week 20 more pouches of tuna plus 19 packages of barilla pasta free. i also gave up coffee so i could switch our family to organic milk. oh and 16 bags of dog food 3.5lbs for .99 or less each.

Katane
01-24-2012, 11:16:21 AM
I've been sick so I haven't been shopping much so far. Ninja edited my amounts up there

isis
01-25-2012, 09:33:44 AM
10 @ CVS 1/22 - $20.29
10 @ Target 1/24 - $14.00
2 @ CVS 1/24 - $1.99

22 coupons for $36.28 in savings!

TTD - $150.31/$2012 saved using 80 coupons

Cashed out for my last $5 Amazon GC for the month @ SB, bringing me to 5/55.
DH received 2 cks from hospital overpayments, so thats another $40 I added to the vacation fund!

bugface711
01-25-2012, 03:21:10 PM
Ok I decided to update weekly then I forgot LOL.
I have a few shops to "record"

1 trip to walgreens 20 q's used 53.33
1 trip to target 5 coupons used + $20 in GC from prev deals redeemed
3 trips to stop & shop 89 coupons used 167.90
I received 2 $5 rebates
all of which will be noted above for the challenge.

+ sale savings (not including the above) of $367.75, added to my sig for overall savings on food & hba.

TiggerToo
01-25-2012, 06:31:06 PM
I am doin purty good so far. Total of 168 coupons and $473.77 in savings.

ScrappyDoo
01-26-2012, 02:55:41 PM
$93 in rebates came in but I promptly spent it @ Kohls :giggle2::

I did however use $42 in coupons so I will count that:smile:

rheavon
01-27-2012, 12:52:13 PM
Didn't use any coupons last night for a small produce & meat sale run. Saved $5.26.

Katane
01-27-2012, 05:21:33 PM
Quick trip to BI-LO tonight, totals added up top.

I really need to start doing rebates!

ryansmommie
01-28-2012, 05:24:09 AM
I really need to start doing rebates!

If you're in NC, you TOTALLY need to start doing rebates!

Michelle

ryansmommie
01-28-2012, 05:24:34 AM
$20 in rebates in yesterday's mail.

Michelle

Katane
01-28-2012, 06:10:03 AM
$20 in rebates in yesterday's mail.

Michelle

Rub it in, why dontcha? :wink7:

ryansmommie
01-28-2012, 01:13:09 PM
Saved $30.89 in coupons on my weekly shopping trip.

Michelle

Katane
01-28-2012, 02:24:25 PM
21. 10 saved this morning :)

froggie3
01-28-2012, 03:55:06 PM
Spent $34.36 and saved $32.06 at Bloom for Super Doubles, used 8 coupons.

ryansmommie
01-29-2012, 02:25:52 PM
Did a quick trip today and saved $18.00 in coupons. Thanks Unilever!

Michelle

motherofmolly
01-31-2012, 07:06:48 AM
sunday trip used 133 coupons and saved $179.93 in coupons..that amount does not include $90 in mega savings from kroger.

i stocked up on kleenex(20) and canned tomatoes (57) and velveeta cups (25) (kids love them and this is the only time i will get them)...also got 28 soft soaps for .08 each ...luckily i traded for the spanish coupon that had no size restriction!!

isis
01-31-2012, 08:01:55 AM
I'm such a big couponer LOL....
1/29 - 5 @ CVS $9.74
1/29 - 2 @ Target $6.99
1/29 - 2 @ Rouses $1.65
= 9 coupons for $18.38 in savings.

ytd - $168.69/$2012 saved using 89 coupons

FINALLY! Received my 1st Endorse Ck for $26.89, bringing my total rebates to $86.89 socked away for the vacation fund!

VivaciousJewelz
01-31-2012, 08:21:02 AM
I've only been shopping once in the last almost 3 weeks b/c I haven't had the money, but I did go to CVS, so here's my current breakdown.

Spent Saved RR/ECB #coupons
$203.33 $193.61 $29 34

I'm not really thrilled with this less than 50% savings. I know it's only January, but I definitely want to average at least 75%. I'm not sure how possible that is given rising prices and more coupon restrictions/lower coupon values, but I'm gonna do my best.

kookiecrisp
01-31-2012, 10:45:34 AM
I have been slacking in adding up my coupon savings but had some time this morning so I decided to tally it up...

used 146 coupons and saved $274.98!! I'm pretty happy with that. Those were just coupons used at the grocery store/Walmart. I haven't been shopping at RA lately as their sales are crap now.

wookin
01-31-2012, 01:03:02 PM
Whoohoo, I'm almost there. Had a great trip at Publix today. Total saving $574.55. But $262.30 was from sale prices so I didn't count that. I did count $189.75 mfg coupons and $122.50 store coupons. Total spent $25.42. Needed to get some meat with overages along with bananas and a few other essentials. All in all a great trip.

CVS and Publix have been my 2 main stores for savings this year. Always love January when the new coupons come out and sales start up again. This sorta makes up for the blah Nov and Dec sales. Now if we can just get a kick butt shampoo deal I'll be a happy camper.

froggie3
01-31-2012, 01:12:55 PM
Saved $5.29 with 2 coupons and sales.

ryansmommie
02-01-2012, 03:56:29 PM
$25 in rebate checks in today's mail. That takes me 1/4 of the way to the 2012 goal.

Michelle

isis
02-02-2012, 07:33:51 AM
2 transactions at CVS the other day, using 12 coupons for $31.73 in savings.

wookin
02-02-2012, 03:17:22 PM
OK, I broke through the $2,012 today with my grand total $2,013.72. Done keeping track. Have fun.

ryansmommie
02-03-2012, 03:53:21 AM
$7 in rebate checks in yesterday's mail.

Michelle

TiggerToo
02-03-2012, 02:25:17 PM
To date: 239 Coupons and 1 rebate!

ryansmommie
02-03-2012, 03:51:09 PM
Great mail today. $59 in rebate checks. Yipee!

Michelle

cybilx10
02-04-2012, 07:31:13 AM
Updated my totals. Not bad saved $338 with using 92 coupons.

Those coupons Im getting for filling scripts at Meijer is really helping out at thee checkout line. At $20 or $30 a time, it is really helping. Hope Meijer gives out more of them.

TiggerToo
02-04-2012, 08:17:52 AM
OK, I broke through the $2,012 today with my grand total $2,013.72. Done keeping track. Have fun.

hmph....:hectic:

isis
02-04-2012, 12:58:53 PM
updated wiki. Yesterday, I used
1 @ Michaeals $5
2@ Walgreens $2
2 @ CVS $3
8 @ WM $8.50

Received a $15 Settlement ck yesterday too, a nice little surprise added to the vacation fund!

ryansmommie
02-04-2012, 02:13:45 PM
$5 rebate check in today's mail. Saved $5 in coupons today.

Michelle

Katane
02-05-2012, 10:29:02 AM
major shopping trip today. First real one of the year. Saved 165.78 in sales and coupons, used 27 coupons

ryansmommie
02-08-2012, 08:03:18 AM
Saved 9.98 in coupons yesterday. The cool thing was I used 2 free 12 pack coupons in conjunction with a B2G3 Free sale, so I got 5 12-packs of Coke for under $3.

Michelle

chitownmelli
02-08-2012, 08:17:40 AM
great job michelle!!!

ryansmommie
02-12-2012, 03:45:37 PM
$24 in coupon savings today.

Michelle

hillaryef
02-14-2012, 08:22:04 AM
from the last time I posted until 2/3 (gosh I need to work on getting myself better organized!!) :giggle2:

Until the end of Jan: 48 coupons = $85.75, $17 ECB, $4.30 GC and $3 Free items (also had $45 savings in mega sale)...

So we closed out Jan with a total of $336.24 (131Q, $24.87 ECB, $42.94 GC, $70.32 specific items/mega)

Then 2/1-2/3: 31 coupons = $57, $43.53 GC (did a diaper panel for P&G) (also had $15 in mega savings)

Melli: THANK YOU so much for doing this...this has been great for my family! It has encouraged me to keep track of our savings. We've been rather surprised with certain savings and not so happy with other lack of savings. But it is nice to see where things are doing well and not well!!!

ryansmommie
02-15-2012, 12:03:42 PM
$13 in rebates in yesterday's mail and $38.99 today in coupon savings at HT Super Doubles.

Michelle

Katane
02-16-2012, 03:19:22 PM
Updated with a couple of store trips worth of savings.

ryansmommie
02-17-2012, 06:14:18 AM
$24 in coupons used yesterday.

Michelle

isis
02-17-2012, 08:30:26 AM
I have not updated in weeks.. been keeping track though!
From 2/6 - 2/16, I used 53 coupons for $122.97 in savings. Received 2 rebate checks ($2.99 & $5), so that brings me to

$341.83/$2012 saved using 165 coupons + $109.88/rebates

Cashed out for 2 more $5 Amazon SBs, bringing me to 7/55.

ryansmommie
02-19-2012, 04:54:10 AM
$25 in rebate checks in yesterday's mail and 17.79 in coupons used yesterday.

Michelle

ryansmommie
02-20-2012, 11:29:35 AM
Saved $24 in coupons today. Still lovin' Super Doubles!

Michelle

ryansmommie
02-23-2012, 05:01:48 PM
$10 prepaid card in today's mail and used $1.00 in coupons.

Michelle

cybilx10
02-24-2012, 03:48:58 PM
updated my totals through here.. Im hoping for a good run at wags and cvs next week to build up my hba stockpile again and use up some of these q's I have.

TiggerToo
02-25-2012, 09:39:28 AM
been a bad Mod...haven't been shopping/saving much lately. Got into a rut.

SFShopper
02-25-2012, 10:06:45 AM
updated my totals through here.. Im hoping for a good run at wags and cvs next week to build up my hba stockpile again and use up some of these q's I have.

:omg: uhhh - did someone mention CVS?!!! :poke:

been a bad Mod...haven't been shopping/saving much lately. Got into a rut.

I used (4) .55/1 MQs last nite :giggle2:

SFShopper
02-25-2012, 10:08:25 AM

And yeah, where's me presents woman!?! How u be adding to the kitty, if u not be saving :nono77:

TiggerToo
02-25-2012, 11:39:04 AM
And yeah, where's me presents woman!?! How u be adding to the kitty, if u not be saving :nono77:

Are you stalkin me woman?????

ryansmommie
02-25-2012, 12:21:36 PM
Got $20 in rebates in today's mail and used $11 worth of coupons.

Michelle

ScrappyDoo
02-25-2012, 03:00:27 PM
Are you stalkin me woman?????

She may not be, but I am :whistle67:

cybilx10
03-09-2012, 06:50:01 PM
updayed my totals...slow beginning of the month. I expect to really do a good shop next week before dh goes in for surgery since he is gonna need all kinds of soft foods.

isis
03-09-2012, 09:43:38 PM
From 2/17 - 3/9, I used 95 coupons for $199.64 in savings.. bringing my total to
$541.47/$2012 saved using 260 coupons + $109.88/rebates

Cashed out SB for 3 more $5 Amazon GC's last month and 2 more today, so that brings me to 12/55!!

ryansmommie
03-10-2012, 12:51:40 PM
$10.90 in coupons today and $4 in rebates.

Michelle

cybilx10
03-23-2012, 11:37:37 AM
Updated my totals. Im almost at the halfway mark. I wont be doing alot of shopping during the summer months since we tend to eat less then, but I think I will have more than enough to get us through.

isis
04-04-2012, 07:04:09 PM
3/11 - 4/3 I used 129 coupons for $319.10 in savings. Received $30 in Rebates. Cashed out last 3 $5 Amazon GCs during March.
Cashed out 2 Amazon GCs today, so 2/5 for April.

Totals:
$860.47/$2012 saved using 389 coupons + $139.88/rebates
17/55 Amazon GC's earned from Swagbucks ~ $85.00 banked for Christmas!! ~

cybilx10
04-16-2012, 10:04:18 AM
Updated my totals...hit the $1000.00 mark. Really hoping for some really good deals coming up.

cybilx10
04-20-2012, 12:13:04 PM
updated my totals after today.

cybilx10
05-04-2012, 03:43:55 PM
updated through today. updated my coupon totals too.

cybilx10
05-24-2012, 12:56:26 PM
updated today...Not much of a savings this month, but I really havent been shopping either.

isis
05-24-2012, 07:15:46 PM
4/4 - 5/7 : 125 cpns used for $210.84 in savings. Received $66.19 in Rebates. Cashed out last 3 $5 Amazon GCs in April (5/5 for the month.) and all 5 for May.

Totals:
$1071.41/$2012 saved using 514 coupons + $206.07/rebates
25/55 Amazon GC's earned from Swagbucks ~ $125.00 banked for Christmas!!

ryansmommie
05-27-2012, 06:31:23 AM
I've got another 221.25 in coupon savings.

Michelle

cybilx10
05-28-2012, 01:09:05 PM
Updated through today. Im almost to my $2012 goal. A little at a time and I should have it done by August. Thats my goal. Shop while I can now, so I dont have to do so much shopping in the late summer, early fall months.

ryansmommie
06-09-2012, 07:08:02 AM
Did a BiLo trip today and used $78.80 in coupons.

Michelle

cybilx10
07-06-2012, 02:14:23 PM
I hot over $2012 with my last shopping challenge a week ago. I did great and I now officially think we have enough food in the pantry and freezer to last us at least 2 months. I will still need to go out and buy a few basics but nothing big unless we get a really good meat sale. Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

chitownmelli
07-06-2012, 02:24:30 PM
Great job, Jen!

isis
07-07-2012, 11:49:05 AM
5/9 - 6/25 : 217 coupons used for $507.64 in savings! Received $11.08 in rebates (2) and a $25 Visa GC for cashing out at MyPoints. Cashed out 4 $5 Amazon GCs for June (somehow I forgot to do the last one :dontknow1:)

Totals:
$1579.05/$2012 saved using 731 coupons + $242.15/rebates (using for vacation)
29/55 Amazon GC's earned from Swagbucks ~ $145.00 banked for Christmas!!

DH matched my $242 earned from rebating and I saved $100 from babysitting, so I have $584 for vacation spending! Anything leftover will go towards school supplies & clothing.