PDA

View Full Version : Question about codes

couponmommyof3
12-15-2011, 02:29:54 PM
It's been a while since I traded so need to double check what codes are 'worth'.

What are the following worth as in trading for PP-

Coke Code from bottle cap-
Coke Code from 12 pack-
Box tops-
Labels for Education (I have 1 points and 5 points)-
Huggies Code from Jumbo Pack of Diapers-
Cars 2 Codes from Kellogg's Cereals-

Thank you SO much!

cody82414
12-15-2011, 04:19:22 PM
I will go ahead and answer and risk being considered _________________
(fill in the blank)

these are my opinions on what I personally would pay
based on my extensive trading HCW history

What are the following worth as in trading for PP-

Coke Code from bottle cap- worth 3 coke points or .09 cents total pp
Coke Code from 12 pack- worth 10 coke points or .30 total pp
Box tops- I trade 4.4 cents each MAX
Labels for Education (I have 1 points and 5 points)- no opinion
Huggies Code from Jumbo Pack of Diapers- .50 cents pp
Cars 2 Codes from Kellogg's Cereals- .50 cents pp

bugface711
12-15-2011, 04:46:30 PM
I'll throw my .02 out there as well.

for coke codes its going to vary widely. Always has. some trade high some trade low. My personal thought is the above is pretty dead on but the I do think the coke code $ is too high.

I always suggest to all traders to look at what you are getting.

it is 30 points to get a free powerade (or 20oz soft drink) and for me powerade is regularly .79 & .88 so if someone asks me for .30 for the 10 pointers I would be paying more than if I just bought the drink.

Same with say a big prize like a $50 gift card for 2,000 points. thats 200 coke box 10pt flaps. If you pay .30 each for those you are paying 60.00 for a $50 item.

So do your math for what you are getting or keep that in mind if you are on the selling end.

you will find that some traders will trade 1 coupon per coke cap or a few for the 10pointers. For boxtops many traders will trade 1 coupon per 1 boxtop. As for paypal for those, some are willing to pay face value for box tops, I think that is too high. If you are going to pay $10 for 100 box tops, just donate the $10 to your childs classroom is my way of thinkin LOL.

I usually trade mine 1 boxtop for 1 coupon.

and i am moving your post. to trade guidelines :)

cody82414
12-15-2011, 05:35:39 PM
good stuff!

caylascreations
12-16-2011, 12:20:10 AM
I pay .02 per coke point (120 points from the same person every week). I play the instant wins with mine rather than getting the coupons most of the time, so it's fair enough for me.

I don't need BTFE or CLFE, so I'm not sure there. I usually include my BTFE in potlucks or to pad other trades if I see it on someone's WL.

I collected Pampers points for a while, but it takes a LOT to get a worthwhile prize, and there aren't many. Definitely wouldn't pay .50 for them. A jumbo pack is roughly 30 points, let's say. A free Dreft coupon is 1,250 points- worth up to 10.00. If you paid for those 1,250 points, it would have cost you roughly 20 bucks for the points. Anyways, that's just rough math, and I realize that prizes vary, but I think .50 for one code is high.

I recently placed all 2,500 of mine on one sweepstakes- wish me luck! Haha.

HTH! :)

cody82414
12-16-2011, 06:30:18 AM
I pay .02 per coke point (120 points from the same person every week). I play the instant wins with mine rather than getting the coupons most of the time, so it's fair enough for me.

I don't need BTFE or CLFE, so I'm not sure there. I usually include my BTFE in potlucks or to pad other trades if I see it on someone's WL.

I collected Pampers points for a while, but it takes a LOT to get a worthwhile prize, and there aren't many. Definitely wouldn't pay .50 for them. A jumbo pack is roughly 30 points, let's say. A free Dreft coupon is 1,250 points- worth up to 10.00. If you paid for those 1,250 points, it would have cost you roughly 20 bucks for the points. Anyways, that's just rough math, and I realize that prizes vary, but I think .50 for one code is high.

I love to hear others rationale.

I have already made a few changes in my own trading policy which I posted earlier in the thread with regards to Pampers Points and Coke points.

Thanks ladies:wavehi:

Gnorga
12-16-2011, 09:21:20 AM

Slightly off topic, but you don't have to use the codes for the instant win games of the sweepstakes. Since they are "no purchase required", they have to give you a free code. I've done this before

caylascreations
12-16-2011, 09:30:47 AM
Slightly off topic, but you don't have to use the codes for the instant win games of the sweepstakes. Since they are "no purchase required", they have to give you a free code. I've done this before

:excited77: Never knew that. I'll look into how to get free codes. Thanks!