PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain Coupon Trains

Ethan'sMommyNew
10-09-2011, 10:52:52 PM
Hello, I was wondering someone could please post an explanation of coupon trains for this site. I know the basics, but I was wondering if I could get more in-depth information. :thanks7:

cody82414
10-10-2011, 12:07:04 AM
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/rules-guidelines-trading/20899-rules-trading-forums-share-wealth-must-read.html

There are a variety of types of trains.

The basic progressive 'train' starts with one trader who puts an amount of coupons, ie., 25 and sends it to the next 'rider'.

That second rider would take out the coupons that he/she can use, along with those that are near expiration; add additional coupons to meet the train rules, ie., 25, then forward the envelope to the next 'rider' on the train.

On other trains, traders are matched up to mail out one envelope to another trader; so that each trader would mail out one, and receive one envelope.

There are lots and lots of twists and turns (criteria) a train conductor can make,
so be sure to read all of the rules for each train you are interested in
before signing up!

Best of luck!
Trains are a great way to acquire a variety of coupons - hopefully, some that match to your wishlist!!

motherofmolly
10-10-2011, 10:44:15 AM
you treat a train pair up as you would want to be treated. try to send them a good envie based on their wishlist especially if this is what you would like in your envie.

when you commit to a train, you commit to a trade in a sense. you are required to fufill your end and you are required to post when you mail and when you receive. just like any trade, if you do not fufill the train, a bad trade report will be filed.

some trains are a one time envie (these are great to start out with, you send an envie and receive an envie). some are for a particular month (one each week in that month), others are a certain number of envies during the train (you pick or you are given a certain number).

trains are a fun way to recieve mail with coupons on it. i love them and enjoy them as i always get great coupons.

you are a trader in training. they have tnt trains you can join.

belinda2
10-10-2011, 11:48:36 AM
Mostly you will learn by doing which is why the training program. You get to practice on each other. The hardest part for me was understanding how to set up a good wish list. It has been a great help in acquiring extra q within my needs. I don't need more than 10 of most q plus it is a great way to pick up q you will never see in your local market. I just made the round of a couple of stores in my area who have blinkies and tear pads so I can pass these on as fillers in my envies. Seldom do I have more than 4 items on someones' wishlist so I like to give noninserts. It's a great way to learn and try new products.

motherofmolly
10-11-2011, 08:20:30 PM
Mostly you will learn by doing which is why the training program. You get to practice on each other. The hardest part for me was understanding how to set up a good wish list. It has been a great help in acquiring extra q within my needs. I don't need more than 10 of most q plus it is a great way to pick up q you will never see in your local market. I just made the round of a couple of stores in my area who have blinkies and tear pads so I can pass these on as fillers in my envies. Seldom do I have more than 4 items on someones' wishlist so I like to give noninserts. It's a great way to learn and try new products.

very good point belinda2. wish lists can make or break a good train envie. this is where adding in printables that you can use more of and non inserts. check out the database for some that are out there that you dont know about or what is being posted in the coupon resource area. you would be surprise what is out that that you dont know about!