PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Weekly Ad 9/21/11 - 9/27/11 All Manufactures Coupons Rounded Up To $1.00!

elemonj
09-20-2011, 12:59:29 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet but I just got tomorrows flier and it says....
Round up and save ALL week....Manufacturers coupons round up to $1....All .25, .50, .75 etc. automatically rounds up to $1

Fine Print:
Valid 9/21-9/27/11. Coupons valued at .24 or less will be redeemed at quadruple the face value. Coupons valued at $1 or more will redeemed at face value. Excludes FREE item coupons.

Whooo hooo! I have always wanted triple coupons!! The ad says nothing about how many coupons may be used!!!!

queenofthehivemomof5
09-20-2011, 01:42:04 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I have not gotten the ad yet here. If we get these I may actually shop at Albertsons. I just have been in a funk about shopping there and have been a piss poor mod for this forum too....sorry about that.

mzbeers
09-20-2011, 03:02:10 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I have not gotten the ad yet here. If we get these I may actually shop at Albertsons. I just have been in a funk about shopping there and have been a piss poor mod for this forum too....sorry about that.

:giggle2:Don't feel bad, I've been feeling the same way. Albies sales have not been very good lately, I wonder if they're trying to bump up business. I'm sure they will be very busy until all the good deals are gone and their shelves are bare. :whistle67:

I'm heading over there tonight to see what will be on the agenda for morning.......I'm not very prepared, but I have been getting multiple papers (like 5 or 6) for the past several weeks.

I can't believe they are doing the "round-up", it got to be kind of a waste of time only being able to double 3 at a time.... :rolleyes24:

iwik
09-20-2011, 03:31:51 PM
Got my ad, there's a few so-so things I see:
Iron Kids bread $1.99 55c/1 Sara Lee Iron Kids Better White Bread, Any (DND/T) - 08-28-11 RP (also was a $1/2 which won't round up) = 99c
Velveeta Cheesy Skillets $1.49 wyb 10 items 55c/1 TP Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit, (DND/T5) = 49c (will DND round up too?)
Jell-O 75c wyb 10 items 55c/3 TP = $1.25 for 3
Ad doesn't mention any limits on quantity rounded up.
Balance bars should be decent.
Will improve the puny 15c/1 Odwalla bar coupon Odwalla Bar, any - 09-18-11 SS.

mzbeers
09-21-2011, 06:44:58 AM
I went to my Albies this morning. The Birds Eye Steamfresh veges were still tagged and ringing up $1.00 (tag said ends 09/20), so I was able to score 30 bags for free. I'm doing the happy dance, so glad I went in early this morning!!

iwik
09-21-2011, 11:09:34 AM
I checked the price on the Balance bars this morning and they were $1 through 9/27/11 so free with the 55c/1 Balance Bar Single, any 1.76 oz (DND5) - 09-11-11 SS, assuming the DND's do double.
I couldn't find the Odwalla bars and didn't have much time so IDK the price on those. I have one 35c/1 from an AY.
What coupon did you use for the Steamfresh?
ETA: Odwalla bars were $1.
Old El Paso beans were $1.49 --> 49c with 50c/1 Old El Paso Products, Any (excludes refrigerated, frozen, or soup products) - 08-07-11 GM
Receipt shows it took off 55c + 45c for the Balance bar coupon, 35c + 35c + 30c for the 35c/1 AY Odwalla coupon

iwik
09-21-2011, 10:59:39 PM
I found some 25c/1 peelies for Starkist tuna salad pouches leftover from a Starkist deal quite a while back (inserts were a better deal at the time). Also found various low-value Darigold TP Qs for things like flavored milks, sour cream etc.

iwik
09-22-2011, 11:21:45 PM
I decided to see what would happen to a Cat Q, so I used one that was a 50c/1 and it did not auto-round to $1 (price of the item was $1), but she was able to do it manually pretty easily. Extra 50c shows as a store coupon on my receipt.
Watch for new Jell-O TPs - 55c/1 Jell-O no bake Pumpkin Style (?) Pie dessert, should auto to $1/1. Also a Halloween theme recipe one with 55c/3 Jell-O box gelatin or pudding.

MommmieD
09-24-2011, 11:17:29 AM
I found some 25c/1 peelies for Starkist tuna salad pouches leftover from a Starkist deal quite a while back (inserts were a better deal at the time). Also found various low-value Darigold TP Qs for things like flavored milks, sour cream etc.

I have those peelies too. I thought I saw the tuna for $1 at one Albies I stopped at that wasn't close to me but it hasn't been on sale anywhere else. What price did you find?

Tomorrow's SS has a $.50 coupon for Brawny which is on sale for $1.00. Free! There is a mistake in the software programming for these round-ups so no tax is charged for taxable items. My cashier and manager have tried unsuccessfully to figure out how to charge sales tax on applicable items when coupons are rounded up...they've given up and let the computer do its magical destruction of sales tax. YAY! Brawny will be completely free.

I read on a mommy blog that no rainchecks are given during round-up weeks so go pick up that Brawny as soon as you get your coupons tomorrow.

Odwalla Bars are $1.25 here.

MommmieD
09-24-2011, 11:21:58 AM
Make sure you are picking up a package of free Essentials Everyday pasta with each transaction at Albies. It is $1 and there is a $1 coupon in the Albertsons Fresh for Fall coupon book (the ones with the apples on the front) that is found in the stand-alone display in the store.

iwik
09-24-2011, 12:03:27 PM
I have those peelies too. I thought I saw the tuna for $1 at one Albies I stopped at that wasn't close to me but it hasn't been on sale anywhere else. What price did you find?

I saw a price tag of $1 for the smaller pouches of tuna salad at one store, but not at another, so IDK. Might try a price check at the other store, but I just planned to get them at the store that had the sales tag, maybe later today.
Also Nestle Toll House morsels are $2.50 and there's a 50c/1 Nestle Tollhouse Dark Chocolate Morsels, Any - 08-21-11 SS --> $1.50 if they have that variety.
Did not see any ad sheet in the early Sunday Seattle Times.

mzbeers
09-24-2011, 12:22:09 PM
Tomorrow's SS has a $.50 coupon for Brawny which is on sale for $1.00. Free! There is a mistake in the software programming for these round-ups so no tax is charged for taxable items. My cashier and manager have tried unsuccessfully to figure out how to charge sales tax on applicable items when coupons are rounded up...they've given up and let the computer do its magical destruction of sales tax. YAY! Brawny will be completely free.

Are you sure the Brawny coupon is good on the single rolls? Usually the Brawny Q's are only good on a 2-roll or larger......

iwik
09-24-2011, 01:05:04 PM
The wording on the 50c/1 I got just says '50c off Brawny paper towels'. I heard there may be regional variations in the coupon.

MommmieD
09-24-2011, 05:21:18 PM
The Brawny towels are NOT marked at $1.00 in the two stores I checked. The sale price is NOT listed in the ad. However, they do scan at $1.00.

Thanks, Iwik, for the info about the tuna. I kept thinking I was crazy or something...maybe I will have someone scan a pouch at my store to see what price is right.

queenofthehivemomof5
09-24-2011, 05:42:57 PM
Does anyone know how much Heinz ketchup is. This is my preferred brand and have 25c coupons
TIA

iwik
09-24-2011, 08:53:16 PM
I checked the Heinz Hetchup the other day and it started at well over $2, like $2.79? However some of the specialty ones were among the lowest prices so they might be decent if you need them, low sugar, no salt, organic.
I checked the sale price tag on the Starkist tuna salad and it was an old price tag, expired 9/20/11 :(

Benichole
09-24-2011, 09:57:29 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I have not gotten the ad yet here. If we get these I may actually shop at Albertsons. I just have been in a funk about shopping there.

Ditto

I just haven't given them the time of day.

I am trying to round up some deals but I don't have alot of time this week.

iwik
09-24-2011, 11:17:34 PM
Some items that might be decent, don't have prices:
25c/1 SunnyD Product Any - 08-14-11 SS (picture shows single serve size too).
40c/2 Banquet fruit pies from inside the Banquet dinner packages from a while back
35c/1 Hunt's Ketchup bottle 24 oz. or larger from same
ETA:
Cheapest Sunny D was like $2.19, couldn't find individual singles
Banquet fruit pies were 99c

queenofthehivemomof5
09-25-2011, 09:49:55 AM
I checked the Heinz Hetchup the other day and it started at well over $2, like $2.79? However some of the specialty ones were among the lowest prices so they might be decent if you need them, low sugar, no salt, organic.
I checked the sale price tag on the Starkist tuna salad and it was an old price tag, expired 9/20/11 :(

Thanks for the price check on the ketchup...I may get a few bottles just to tide me over. The organic kind is good.

iwik
09-25-2011, 10:42:11 AM
Also if anyone else has the HH Cats for hamburger/chicken/tuna from a couple of weeks ago, they are expiring.
Brawny coupons in Seattle Times & News Tribune. Fed Way Mirrors didn't seem to have a SS this week.

mzbeers
09-25-2011, 11:01:17 AM
I checked the price of Heinz Ketchup at my store. They had the 20oz squeeze bottles (the kind that store upside down with the big wide white lid) for $1.99. They also had the large 32oz "Simply Heinz" squeeze bottles on markdown for $1.50

queenofthehivemomof5
09-25-2011, 02:46:15 PM
I cannot edit wiki on my iPad...

Kraft salad dressing $1.49 after $5 instant savings WYB 5 participating products- use 50c/1 peelie coupon, rounded up makes them 49c

I have ban on buying any more salad dressing....but thought I would share

iwik
09-26-2011, 11:56:38 AM
Wow, you went to Albertsons!
Today's RP Dash is a $1/1 Best Foods/Hellmans flavored mayo x 10/26/11. Might come in handy one day.

iwik
09-26-2011, 08:22:50 PM
Some prices had changed today.
Jell-O Temptations mix (baking aisle) had gone from $2.50 to $2, use 75c/1 TP = $1.
Carnation evaporated milk is $1.25 use 50c/2 from last weekend = 75c.
Anybody else having trouble getting the card upgrade to work? I did it last week and it didn't work, cashier tried again today and it still didn't work.

queenofthehivemomof5
09-27-2011, 06:45:43 AM
So do you guys like the round ups better or the clip able double coupons better? I love the roundups because it is unlimited. I saved 63% yesterday which is not huge but not bad either on over 100 items. I got produce and milk too and overall it was a good trip. The only person that mentioned extreme couponing was this young teen girl behind me in line....it was easy to explain that I t was not real...the show. She asked me if I couponed for clothes....LOL

mzbeers
09-27-2011, 07:18:38 AM
I like the roundups because it is unlimited, and no extra coupons to worry about (or find, since they don't give them out at the store anymore). I got my girls some of the Nesquik Milk, Brawny Paper Towels, and they had a bunch of the Bounty Napkins on clearance for .99/each, so those were free with the .25/1. I really didn't get much else. I hope they do it again sometime soon.

Oh, and all of the Bird's Eye Veges I got the first day! 30 bags for free with the .35/1. That was awesome. Also, for some reason their registers don't calculate the tax in, so I got them for $0.00 :BigHand:. My folks were impressed. :giggle2:

iwik
09-27-2011, 03:25:49 PM
I like the roundup because it is unlimited, and you can probably still find some free stuff, and it is fairer, as it doesn't require buying papers and/or living in the right area. Also having it unlimited can be useful for Catalinas and store promos that require buying more than 3 items, typically 10 for the store promos.
However I wouldn't mind if they did double the $1 ones from time to time, especially if it didn't require buying papers.
Yeah, I found 3 more Brawny coupons in the Fred Meyer coupon exchange today.
Got my new ad and there's no mention of roundups or doubling. There's a lot about the new points system and some items have double points.
P&G/Pepsico Cat $5 OYNO wyb $20.
Also a page of $1 Kraft items, some of which are non-typical sizes, like 3oz cheese. This is Huddle to Fight Hunger stuff, last year there were IPs to go with this, there's a link to a Facebook page - /KraftFightHunger for more info IDK if that's coupons too, I don't do Facebook.

queenofthehivemomof5
09-27-2011, 06:48:46 PM
It would be REALLY sweet if they did the occasional super doubles unlimited or a higher limit (10 per day or something like that?) I don't buy a paper, our paper here stopped having coupons in them right around Easter...so unless I can score them for free (dumpster diving etc) it just does not make sense to buy a paper at $2 to save an additional $3 with the clip-able double coupons. So I hope they do round-ups more often!

What is this points system you guys are talking about? Sorry on this one I am clueless. We are the only state that does not have a Preferred Card so I am not hip to the jive on what changes they make with that....

Pepsi & P&G hmmmm....we will have inserts for both this weekend (well I won't!)

Kraft Fight Hunger - I have heard rumors there will be a booklet of coupons in-stores (YMMV on that one) but I saw my Albertsons putting up some sort of display and signage around the store. There were two Kraft reps which is rare as there is usually only one.

Here is the Kraft Fight Hunger (http://www.facebook.com/KraftFightHunger?) page on Facebook, I am not seeing any coupons....

DH made an Albertsons run today for Powerade, I had a boat load of $0.70/2 Tearpad coupons making them 20 after coupon (On sale $1.00 -$3.00 instant savings WYB 10, making them 70 each. $0.75/2 coupon rounded up to $1.00/2 making them 20 each) not bad, he was excited. I cannot drink the stuff as I am allergic to it but he likes it and takes it for work and play!

I am heading off for one more trip after the kids go to bed...just to see if I can score a few more deals. :)

queenofthehivemomof5
09-27-2011, 07:01:06 PM
BTW Haribo product, any 4 oz. or larger is back on Coupons.com (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/coupons/)

MaddieT
09-27-2011, 08:42:41 PM
I figured I'd better squeeze in one shopping trip since I finally got my coupons organized. I saved $82.35, spent $80.36. Got some needs and sub fixin's for dinner. Got plenty of condiments and baking items, which is cool. I'd rather spend $.19-.69 than full price.

MommmieD
09-28-2011, 08:27:59 AM
I loved the round-ups but I love TVQs because there are far more options when we can double up to $1.00. Even if I have to pay $1.00 for a paper at the dollar store, I think I come out ahead with my shopping.

I hope they continue to do both round-ups and regular TVQs.

We have regular twice value coupons starting Sunday. Boring ad, however.

MaddieT
09-28-2011, 01:39:50 PM
Broke down my spending even more to get over "shopper's guilt." LOL Needs items were $25.58, dinner/lunches $33.22, and 34 items purchased for my stockpile for $21.56 (saved $59.68 on these items alone).