PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Deep cleaning challenge - or at least keeping on top of it. Set yourself a goal !!!

cody82414
08-26-2011, 07:24:49 AM
I am ready to begin my next personal challenge,
and I am looking for comradry and support.

At the beginning of this year I joined the Decluttering challenge (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/personal-challenges-support/378883-back-popular-demand-2011-2011-decluttering-challenge-65.html#post3049919)
and have gotten rid of 2006 items,
with my goal being 2011.

I am ready to begin the next step today
I MUST find 5 items to offload today

then begins the process of deep cleaning my house.

:whistle67:

I have a long, long way to go
as I have not dusted most areas in almost 10 years
(since we moved in :rolleyes24: )

Gross, I know.

But such is my life.

So join me on this venture.
PLEASE.
You know we all need support and encouragement:wavehi:

cody82414
08-26-2011, 07:27:42 AM
I kick started the momentum
by having my carpeting deep cleaned
(with green cleaners of course :wink7:)

TWICE :biggrin:

Now,
"no one eats anywhere but the kitchen"

Don't laugh!
We can change :giggle2:

kwhile0599
08-26-2011, 08:02:34 AM
Good for you gettin' your clean on GF!! :BigHand:

I'm up for your challenge!! We're in the middle of re-flooring our downstairs - so NOTHING is where it belongs!! :hectic: Looks like Hurricane Irene has already blown through here!! She's not expected here til late Saturday night - and I sure as heck ain't cleaning for her!!! But afterwards - oh it's on!! I'll be having a pitching party!!

Keep up the good work!! :biggrin:

froggie3
08-26-2011, 08:22:33 AM
I am totally up for this challenge...I have a tough time staying on top of stuff until it is too much. My goal is to just start with the little things daily, that is AFTER Irene blows through and makes a mess of it all first.

kwhile0599
08-26-2011, 10:07:17 AM
I am totally up for this challenge...I have a tough time staying on top of stuff until it is too much. My goal is to just start with the little things daily, that is AFTER Irene blows through and makes a mess of it all first.

I just got done taking the "before the storm pictures" of the house for the insurance company - so now my mayhem is documented!! :hysterical:

Stay safe foggierbard9!!

cody82414
08-26-2011, 05:01:54 PM
Awesome!
I already got some great company :wavehi:

I decided to start by cleaning all of the wood work
including floor boards, door frames, fireplace, et al.

Be safe you all:smile:

kwhile0599
08-26-2011, 05:18:52 PM
Awesome!
I already got some great company :wavehi:

Be safe you all:smile:

Thanks SJ!!! :biggrin:

Only thing I got "cleaned up" today was possible yard projectiles!!

Sounds like you're on a roll already!! :BigHand:Save some dirt til I can get back on here would ya?? :giggle2:

IntoTheMystic
08-26-2011, 05:22:25 PM
I'm in! Today I cleaned out the kitchen drawers and cabinets, purged a lot (who in their right mind needs 3 junk drawers???), scrubbed and reorganized everything. I also primed/painted the trim around 6 windows outside, and trimmed the hedges in front.

cody82414
08-26-2011, 05:25:39 PM
I'm in! Today I cleaned out the kitchen drawers and cabinets, purged a lot (who in their right mind needs 3 junk drawers???), scrubbed and reorganized everything. I also primed/painted the trim around 6 windows outside, and trimmed the hedges in front.

Nice!!!!!:BigHand:

everprincess
08-26-2011, 05:26:01 PM
I will be joining you on this one soon after it calms down here some. DH bought more junk in the house so I have been throwing out stuff (1 item at a time). Then let the cleaning being-bathrooms first. Then as I do a room I will be accessing stockpile items in that area.

kwhile0599
08-26-2011, 05:29:39 PM
(who in their right mind needs 3 junk drawers???),

I'll have to get back to you on that!! :whistle67::hysterical:

OneHotMomma
08-27-2011, 03:06:39 PM
I'm in! I saw the decluttering thing on OGD but didn't really get started until a couple days ago. I'm so excited, I have 3 boxes of things to add to the yard sale stuff we have in the garage donated 2 boxes to the food pantry yesterday, and working on our "office" (it has papers from forever ago that need to be gone through and cleaned out). I think it may take a while. Then the real cleaning begins.

cody82414
08-27-2011, 04:11:24 PM
I'm in! I saw the decluttering thing on OGD but didn't really get started until a couple days ago. I'm so excited, I have 3 boxes of things to add to the yard sale stuff we have in the garage donated 2 boxes to the food pantry yesterday, and working on our "office" (it has papers from forever ago that need to be gone through and cleaned out). I think it may take a while. Then the real cleaning begins.

Fantastic!
The more the merrier:wavehi:

IntoTheMystic
08-27-2011, 05:09:10 PM
Oh. My. Gosh. One junk drawer is almost filled up again already. I swear, I am going to start throwing out everything that get left laying around! Would anyone even miss it?

I'll have to get back to you on that!! :whistle67::hysterical:

froggie3
08-28-2011, 05:52:01 AM
We started our "deep cleaning" today....moved trees/branches to the backyard, and now I have to get the basement dry...this will be a fun birthday and week to follow.

Spongebear
08-28-2011, 02:25:03 PM
Im in, the first thing I want to do is have the carpets cleaned. I dont know if I should hire someone, or purchace a cleaner. Im too skeeved to rent one. I did it before and it was really dirty. I tried hosing it off, but the dirt was caked im the brissels. Anyone have a suggestion/recomendation for a good carpet cleaner, other then $400 rug doctor? Thanks

Spongebear
08-28-2011, 02:26:07 PM
Next I plan on organizing the garage.

everprincess
08-28-2011, 02:37:11 PM
We hire someone. He is not the best in the world but he is cheap. He just did it recently since him and DH swapped out computer work for carpet cleaning. Now if DH would run the vaccum today since I have zero energy for anything!

lovemygirls
08-28-2011, 02:39:47 PM
I'm in on this one. Man do I have a ton to do. Today I will be working on cleaning all the coupon stuff off the kitchen table so it can remain clear for dinner and homework for the girls. I must put this stuff in one central spot. The other thing I am really bad at when you just walk in the house is piles :hectic:I set things all over the place. Mail here and there. Misc stuff from the car like softball stuff and work papers.

Todays mission will be clear off the the kitchen table and put the stuff away an not just in another pile someplace. I will also try to tackle all the mail piles. Ready set here I go :BigHand:

CouponQueen23
08-28-2011, 02:47:34 PM
Im in, the first thing I want to do is have the carpets cleaned. I dont know if I should hire someone, or purchace a cleaner. Im too skeeved to rent one. I did it before and it was really dirty. I tried hosing it off, but the dirt was caked im the brissels. Anyone have a suggestion/recomendation for a good carpet cleaner, other then $400 rug doctor? Thanks

I know what you mean about being skeeved about the rental machines :sick77: I also used to Work for Service Master and did clean carpets for a part time job. I recall some of the nasties e used to clean and then when we would do a really nice home I would think if only the owners knew what the previous floor looked like that was cleaned before thiers.
I told my DH a caouple of years ago I wanted a cleaner. He got me a Bissell and the really cool thing was I found a rebate out for it. He paid $199 for it then I sent out for a $20 mir. I love the machine I love owning it. It is really nice for furnatiure and small messes. Nice investment to have. I am stingy I don't loan it out either. I made that clear right after he bought it for me. I had family voulnteering me to come clean their floors or offering to borrow it. I don't get many "New" things and this one is something I really wanted so I know whos floors it was on before mine :wink7: I think you would be happy with a Bissell they are usally $200 ish Kohls, runs a sale on them often when Dh bought mine at Walmart I think it was everyday price. It does a really good job as far as I am concerned. I have 3 mess makers. Until we had hard wood floored our dinning room I was shampooing my dinning room floor amost weekly and it looked like new everytime after and that was having dinner plated flopped on it every other day. :rolleyes24:

As far as the deep cleaning I have been "nesting" I have already cleaned my floors. I really need to oraganize the kids closets. My 5 yr old has lost or miss placed his DSI so I have been slowly making my way through their closets. Then my next task is to get all the cob webs and dust bunniws from our pop corn like celings. A broom just makes a bigger mess so I will hook the vaccume hose up and the duster attachement. Once the kids head back to school in Sept it will be hardcore cleaning and potty training for the LO.

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:44:15 PM
I will be joining you on this one soon after it calms down here some. DH bought more junk in the house so I have been throwing out stuff (1 item at a time). Then let the cleaning being-bathrooms first. Then as I do a room I will be accessing stockpile items in that area.

That sounds like a great plan ep!

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:45:58 PM

I paid someone to do mine.
My entire house was $200.
but it was worth it to me to have it done professionally.

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:52:07 PM
Next I plan on organizing the garage.
that's DH's job here :rolleyes24:

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:53:11 PM
I'm in on this one. Man do I have a ton to do. Today I will be working on cleaning all the coupon stuff off the kitchen table so it can remain clear for dinner and homework for the girls. I must put this stuff in one central spot. The other thing I am really bad at when you just walk in the house is piles :hectic:I set things all over the place. Mail here and there. Misc stuff from the car like softball stuff and work papers.

Todays mission will be clear off the the kitchen table and put the stuff away an not just in another pile someplace. I will also try to tackle all the mail piles. Ready set here I go :BigHand:

Welcome and best of luck to you!!:wavehi:

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:55:28 PM
Once the kids head back to school in Sept it will be hardcore cleaning and potty training for the LO.

I too was thinking I would have more time when the kids went back to school
but if it is possible
I feel more busy :hectic:

Welcome!!

Spongebear
08-28-2011, 07:27:16 PM
that's DH's job here :rolleyes24:

I have a good portion of stockpile there. Sigh.

Spongebear
08-28-2011, 07:28:24 PM
I know what you mean about being skeeved about the rental machines :sick77: I also used to Work for Service Master and did clean carpets for a part time job. I recall some of the nasties e used to clean and then when we would do a really nice home I would think if only the owners knew what the previous floor looked like that was cleaned before thiers.
I told my DH a caouple of years ago I wanted a cleaner. He got me a Bissell and the really cool thing was I found a rebate out for it. He paid $199 for it then I sent out for a $20 mir. I love the machine I love owning it. It is really nice for furnatiure and small messes. Nice investment to have. I am stingy I don't loan it out either. I made that clear right after he bought it for me. I had family voulnteering me to come clean their floors or offering to borrow it. I don't get many "New" things and this one is something I really wanted so I know whos floors it was on before mine :wink7: I think you would be happy with a Bissell they are usally $200 ish Kohls, runs a sale on them often when Dh bought mine at Walmart I think it was everyday price. It does a really good job as far as I am concerned. I have 3 mess makers. Until we had hard wood floored our dinning room I was shampooing my dinning room floor amost weekly and it looked like new everytime after and that was having dinner plated flopped on it every other day. :rolleyes24:

As far as the deep cleaning I have been "nesting" I have already cleaned my floors. I really need to oraganize the kids closets. My 5 yr old has lost or miss placed his DSI so I have been slowly making my way through their closets. Then my next task is to get all the cob webs and dust bunniws from our pop corn like celings. A broom just makes a bigger mess so I will hook the vaccume hose up and the duster attachement. Once the kids head back to school in Sept it will be hardcore cleaning and potty training for the LO.

Thanks for the help. Do you know the model of your Bissel, so I can search it?

Spongebear
08-28-2011, 07:30:47 PM
I paid someone to do mine.
My entire house was $200.
but it was worth it to me to have it done professionally.

At first I decided to just get it professionally done. But every summer as soon as the weather starts the change, my cat hacks up these hairballs. So I was thinking I should have a unit to clean up the spots.

cody82414
08-28-2011, 11:42:04 PM
At first I decided to just get it professionally done. But every summer as soon as the weather starts the change, my cat hacks up these hairballs. So I was thinking I should have a unit to clean up the spots.

oh, I have a Hoover SteamVac Deep Cleaner (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Hoover+steamvac+deep+cleaner&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&prmd=ivns&resnum=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1017&bih=421&wrapid=tlif131459992992610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1564155247951040350&sa=X&ei=JTRbTuyyO8bVgQeFmvHVDw&ved=0CGsQ8wIwAA#) that I use in case of messes in between professional cleanings. Works great!

lovemygirls
08-29-2011, 08:56:49 PM
I did not get a whole lot done today. Yesterday I did pretty good though. We had softball practice tonight for 2 hours. Tomorrow I am going to get the stockpile stuff in the bags put away. I have like 5 bags full of stuff sitting under the counter that needs to be put away in the garbage. Better luck tomorrow.

IntoTheMystic
08-30-2011, 05:06:13 AM
@Spongbear: I've had both the Hoover and a Bissell steam cleaner (not the upright model). I would rate them both the same, and equal to any machine you can rent. I've never had these carpets professionally cleaned, so I can't compare them to that.

Here is what I did over the past two days:
stained the entrance door trim (that had been in our basement for 10 years & DH FINALLY installed it :biggrin:)
painted the hall
painted the living room
painted the stairs
stripped, refinished, and sealed the stair railing
put all the deck furniture back out (after Irene was gone)

I did not declutter anything this weekend. DH was home and he questions every toss. Later today I plan to clean the carpets in the DR and LR and hall, and if I have any energy left I want to tackle my side of the closet.

Only 2 more days and I go back to work. I don't know how much I'll get done once that happens.

IntoTheMystic
08-30-2011, 05:11:54 AM
I can't find the post, but someone is looking for a lost DSI...be sure to check the couch cushions...that's where we just found DS6's. It was crammed way into the frame.

SouthernBelle5
08-30-2011, 05:38:57 AM
my cat hacks up these hairballs. So I was thinking I should have a unit to clean up the spots.

:hysterical:

I'm late but I'm in! We have hardwood and I've thought about getting them refinished but we will have to see. I want to not only clean, but do the odd jobs as well..paint trim, scrape off excess paint, clean all rugs, etc. Oh and the mess that is DS's room :rolleyes24:

cody82414
08-30-2011, 05:41:42 AM
I'm late but I'm in! We have hardwood and I've thought about getting them refinished but we will have to see. I want to not only clean, but do the odd jobs as well..paint trim, scrape off excess paint, clean all rugs, etc. Oh and the mess that is DS's room :rolleyes24:

Yes!
That's the spirit.

I am sure that at some point I won't feel like I am consistantly running around
and not getting much done.

I long for the winter where I stay home and can do some of these tasks that are going on the 10 year list :wink7:

Spongebear
08-31-2011, 09:11:56 AM
@Spongbear: I've had both the Hoover and a Bissell steam cleaner (not the upright model). I would rate them both the same, and equal to any machine you can rent. I've never had these carpets professionally cleaned, so I can't compare them to that.

Thanks for the help. Im going to stick with these two brands. I will check out walmart.

cybilx10
08-31-2011, 09:13:10 AM
I believe a good deep cleaning in fall is so much better than spring cleaning. Kiddos are home after you clean in spring and then its a tornado.

I am very ocd about my home, so it stays clean most of the time to most peoples eye. But I can see dirt or dust on remote areas or see that my tile floors need a little extra scrubbing. I did it all just 2 weeks ago. Spent the whole week cleaning each room from top to bottom. It was so nice to actually know even for a day my house had no germs or dirt in it.

So you guys are doing a great job of doing little at a time and keeping up with it. Kuddos to you all!!!!

IntoTheMystic
09-08-2011, 05:37:41 PM
I haven't posted in a while...summer vacation is over and I have been busy at work. I think the only projects I've done this week are staining (about 1/2) the swing set and cleaning out my closet. My new sectional is coming next week (finally!) so I HAVE to clean the carpets before then. Hopefully this rainy weather will stop, or they will take forever to dry.

How's everyone else doing on their deep cleaning challenge?????

kwhile0599
09-09-2011, 08:56:39 AM
DH finished flooring the downstairs this weekend!! :BigHand:(Even on his Labor Day B-day!! He's the man!! :biggrin:) So all the furniture is put back in place & the bedroom got a fresh coat of paint - due to cracks courtesy of the Earthquake here in VA!!! And got all of the baseboards painted throughout!! Stay away dust!! I'm armed with a Swiffer!!

SouthernBelle5
09-09-2011, 12:59:22 PM
Deep cleaning refrigerator. Taking out shelves, drawers, whole nine yards. Please someone tell me how cat hair gets in the fridge?!?

IntoTheMystic
09-09-2011, 03:37:45 PM
Deep cleaning refrigerator. Taking out shelves, drawers, whole nine yards. Please someone tell me how cat hair gets in the fridge?!?

I'm lucky- our cat only goes in our bedroom and the laundry room. That dang dog of mine, on the other hand, leaves her hair everywhere- including the fridge. It is soooo gross. I feel like I have to clean the whole kitchen every night before I cook.

IntoTheMystic
09-09-2011, 03:38:45 PM
Carpets are done...Woot! Woot!

cody82414
09-09-2011, 03:46:10 PM
Carpets are done...Woot! Woot!

doesn't it feel wonderful!!??:BigHand:

IntoTheMystic
09-09-2011, 03:49:48 PM
doesn't it feel wonderful!!??:BigHand:

Yes, and I am going to make my kids stick the rule of "NO FOOD IN THE LIVING ROOM!" They are having a snack at the kitchen counter right now, and grumbling about it. I am so mean!:rolleyes24:

cody82414
09-09-2011, 03:52:23 PM
Yes, and I am going to make my kids stick the rule of "NO FOOD IN THE LIVING ROOM!" They are having a snack at the kitchen counter right now, and grumbling about it. I am so mean!:rolleyes24:

:giggle2:
Today my 7 year old told me that if he could no longer eat in the living room
than I cannot talk to any of his friends parents "ever again"

I am the mean one:wink7:

IntoTheMystic
09-09-2011, 04:21:40 PM
:giggle2:
Today my 7 year old told me that if he could no longer eat in the living room
than I cannot talk to any of his friends parents "ever again"

I am the mean one:wink7:

There must be something in the air (or in the water) b/c DS6 has been sassy the past few days...He's normally the "good" one...I hope he's not picking up on all the bad habits of his older brother's friends. I try to limit his exposure, but sometimes it's impossible. :dontknow1:

CouponQueen23
09-09-2011, 04:54:12 PM
Thanks for the help. Do you know the model of your Bissel, so I can search it?

Sorry I just came back throught catching up on the responses here I checked and I have the Bissell PROheat 2X Dual dirtlifter powerbrushes. It appears it in model 8920
Bissell ProHeat 2X Upright Deep Cleaner, 8920 Customer Ratings & Reviews - Top & Best Rated Products - Walmart (http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/3957088/bissell-proheat-2x-upright-deep-cleaner-8920-reviews/reviews.htm)

I hope this will help you if you are still looking.

In the mean time I have organized the kids closets, and cleaned out my coupon box of inserts. I had pg inserts from Dec. 2010 :giggle2: I just didn't want to throw any away incase something came up and I needed something from past inserts. My poor Dh was carrying the 55 gallon recycle barrel to the road side and was like what was in that barrel. It hasen't been that heavy since our little one was eatting jar food 10 jars a day, would be 70 baby food jars a week. :hysterical: So yeah he moaned and graon it is a long walk to the road. Maybe we should invest in a dolly cart if baby 4 eats like baby 3 were in trouble.

My next task is organizing my underneath of my cabinets the tupperware cupboard is a total nightmare. Ds 12 yr old does the dishes and just looks like he stuffs the clean dishes back in the cupboard. I think after I get it organized I will show him the way I would like it.. Potty training is not going as planned at all the little turd had became a poop factory. I had him figured out so I thought between 11:00 and 12:00 he had to go well it has been like 6 -7 times a day since tuesday when the older 2 went back to school so needless to say we are not making progress at all :sad3: Maybe next week will be better :whistle67:

CouponQueen23
09-09-2011, 05:07:53 PM
I can't find the post, but someone is looking for a lost DSI...be sure to check the couch cushions...that's where we just found DS6's. It was crammed way into the frame.

:wavehi: Oh yeah that was me and guess where I found it?..... In the dresser not like in the drawer or anything it was along the side of the drawer like the inners of the dresser. The only reason I stubbled on that was as I was organizing the kids closet I was working on the dressers and totally pulled the drawers out and dumped them on the bed and took out all the outgrown stuff. Other wize I would probley still be looking.. I find it alot of times deep in the couch cushions too. And once in the V. C. R must be the little one put it there becasue everyone else knows better. I just wish I could find my camera I lost 5 years ago. It had my DS #2 first birthday photos on the roll of film when it came up missing.:sad3: All I can think is grew legs and wandered off :dontknow1: I still have a horrible amount of sadness when I look at his baby book. No one but the big brother Dh and I were there so it's not like I could get photos from anyone else it was a simple day but the cake photos are always the best I love cakey face photos. :giggle2:

SouthernBelle5
09-09-2011, 07:15:36 PM
Cleaned out fridge - threw out lots & took out drawers and shelves for good cleaning. Then scrubbed inside. Glad that's done.

Don't wanna think about freezers :giggle2:

cody82414
09-10-2011, 02:08:39 AM
I am very ocd about my home, so it stays clean most of the time to most peoples eye.

I wish I had just a little bit of this problem :rolleyes24:

froggie3
09-10-2011, 03:55:02 AM
We are getting the other 2 pieces of pegboard today...so maybe I can convince DH to install them and I can get the pots/pans out of the cabinet and get the mixing bowls and pyrex into the cabinet so I can get the computer together in the kitchen.

IntoTheMystic
09-10-2011, 05:04:49 AM
I just wish I could find my camera I lost 5 years ago. It had my DS #2 first birthday photos on the roll of film when it came up missing.:sad3: All I can think is grew legs and wandered off :dontknow1: I still have a horrible amount of sadness when I look at his baby book. No one but the big brother Dh and I were there so it's not like I could get photos from anyone else it was a simple day but the cake photos are always the best I love cakey face photos. :giggle2:

That is so sad! I know exactly what you mean. My MIL put my kids on the bus yesterday for the first day of school, and she forgot to take pics for me! I know they are 6 and 10, but still, I wanted the pics.

cody82414
09-10-2011, 06:11:43 AM
cleaned out the silverware drawer.

ick!

cody82414
09-10-2011, 06:39:45 AM
We are getting the other 2 pieces of pegboard today...so maybe I can convince DH to install them and I can get the pots/pans out of the cabinet and get the mixing bowls and pyrex into the cabinet so I can get the computer together in the kitchen.

pictures please

froggie3
09-12-2011, 04:09:15 AM
pictures please

Here are your pics!!

I am so happy...I FINALLY have the kitchen organized, today I will get my computer all situated in there and that room with be done.

SouthernBelle5
09-12-2011, 07:35:32 AM
Here are your pics!!

I am so happy...I FINALLY have the kitchen organized, today I will get my computer all situated in there and that room with be done.

WOW! :BigHand:

OneHotMomma
09-12-2011, 07:48:57 AM
Okay, so finally have the donations to goodwill and the women's shelter out of my house!! Now it's just tryong to get rid of what's left of the clutter areas: Desk, laundry basket (scooped everything up cause we had company - have no idea what's there), and the little piles of stuff in our bedroom.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that there's still so much stuff to deal with even after you've hauled away 6 or 7 boxes? I feel like we've gotten rid of a pickup truck load worth of junk and still have little areas everywhere!

cody82414
09-12-2011, 09:12:14 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that there's still so much stuff to deal with even after you've hauled away 6 or 7 boxes? I feel like we've gotten rid of a pickup truck load worth of junk and still have little areas everywhere!

tru dat!

everprincess
09-12-2011, 09:28:13 AM
Got all my cabinets cleaned out, resorted stuff and put on menu plan the stuff that needs to go now. Once AF decides she would like to give me and my back a break I'm going to tackle both bathrooms. DH won't shut up about doing them either-do some stuff for me please so I can do other stuff will you-LOL!!!

sjcjkerr
09-12-2011, 09:48:24 AM
Can I jump in here too? I need to start with what is SUPPOSED to be the Dining room. Right now it is just a depository for all my craft supplies and coupons. We just moved 8/1 and still have tons of stuff to unearth and rooms to paint.

cody82414
09-12-2011, 10:14:27 AM
Can I jump in here too? I need to start with what is SUPPOSED to be the Dining room. Right now it is just a depository for all my craft supplies and coupons. We just moved 8/1 and still have tons of stuff to unearth and rooms to paint.

Sounds like you will fit right in:giggle2:

Welcome!!

JenVi
09-12-2011, 10:33:47 AM
Over the last two weeks I have gonr through all of my 7 year old son's clothes and toys. I donated 20 bags of stuff to St. Vincent De Paul where I live. I have his room all organized as well as the closet and cleaned the carpet in his room.

I hung curtains in my living room. Cleaned the carpets in there too. Moved the desk to the other side of the room in the living room since all the toys are now in Ian's room. Whoo hoo.

My DH has been working in Dutch Harbor, Alaska and will be home on Wednesday for 2 weeks so I am trying to make the house beautiful for when he comes home. I plan on cleaning the bathrooms and the laundry room tonight. Tomorrow night I plan on doing the kitchen and my room including cleaning the carpet. These are big plans since I work full time also. I think I am so excited to have him home after not seeing him for 9 weeks that I will be running on pure adrenaline.

Jen

froggie3
09-12-2011, 10:38:43 AM
So today I decided that I need a plan of attack to keep up on housework. I decided to write on my monthly menu planner a weekly schedule of what room is each day and what laundry I will do that day. I have nothing scheduled for the weekends, and this way the regular housework won't(hopefully) seem so overwhelming if I can do a room a day. I always end up doing it all at once and then I am exhausted and don't even want to think about doing it, again....we will try this out and see how it works.

IntoTheMystic
09-12-2011, 01:35:26 PM
Here are your pics!!

Sweet! Great job!

IntoTheMystic
09-12-2011, 01:40:21 PM
So today I decided that I need a plan of attack to keep up on housework. I decided to write on my monthly menu planner a weekly schedule of what room is each day and what laundry I will do that day. I have nothing scheduled for the weekends, and this way the regular housework won't(hopefully) seem so overwhelming if I can do a room a day. I always end up doing it all at once and then I am exhausted and don't even want to think about doing it, again....we will try this out and see how it works.

This is a great idea. I am pretty good at keeping up on the mundane day-to-day housework, but it's the deep cleaning (windows, staining, painting, organizing, purging, carpets, etc.) that I've been working on. I am nearly done with all of that- but every time I turn around I realize there is always more for me to throw away. I am trying to pare down my life, and our belongings. I just now stumbled on a way to get ds6 and ds10 more involved. I pulled all their clothes out of the dryer and had them fold them. why not? who says I the only one who can fold? then they started arguing, so i assigned chores. i told them every time they argued, i was handing them a chore. right now i'm putting chores on slips, and putting them in a jar to get ready for the next incident...which should be right around the corner. I am horribly guilty of not expecting enough from them, and i am determined to rectify that, or they will be exactly like their father in the domestic responsibilities dept. :rolleyes24:

froggie3
09-12-2011, 01:48:46 PM
This is a great idea. I am pretty good at keeping up on the mundane day-to-day housework, but it's the deep cleaning (windows, staining, painting, organizing, purging, carpets, etc.) that I've been working on. I am nearly done with all of that- but every time I turn around I realize there is always more for me to throw away. I am trying to pare down my life, and our belongings. I just now stumbled on a way to get ds6 and ds10 more involved. I pulled all their clothes out of the dryer and had them fold them. why not? who says I the only one who can fold? then they started arguing, so i assigned chores. i told them every time they argued, i was handing them a chore. right now i'm putting chores on slips, and putting them in a jar to get ready for the next incident...which should be right around the corner. I am horribly guilty of not expecting enough from them, and i am determined to rectify that, or they will be exactly like their father in the domestic responsibilities dept. :rolleyes24:

That is a GREAT idea...I may have to do something like that for my kids. DD is only 17 mos so "picking up toys" is the extent of what she knows how to do, but DS will be 4 in a few weeks, and he can start helping/doing chores.

OneHotMomma
09-12-2011, 02:15:14 PM

:biggrin: I'm gonna steal this! It sounds like something that may work for me! I do the exact same thing,

buddysmom
09-12-2011, 02:26:52 PM
I don't have time to read thru all the posts, so maybe this has already been mentioned...but for me, Flylady.net has been terrific with helping me streamline housework, and all the other things that go with it. Check it out :)

cody82414
09-12-2011, 02:43:54 PM
I am pretty good at keeping up on the mundane day-to-day housework, but it's the deep cleaning (windows, staining, painting, organizing, purging, carpets, etc.) that I've been working on.

this!

cept I suxx at it

SouthernBelle5
09-12-2011, 04:04:05 PM
i told them every time they argued, i was handing them a chore. right now i'm putting chores on slips, and putting them in a jar to get ready for the next incident...which should be right around the corner. I am horribly guilty of not expecting enough from them, and i am determined to rectify that, or they will be exactly like their father in the domestic responsibilities dept. :rolleyes24:

That is a GREAT idea...I may have to do something like that for my kids. DD is only 17 mos so "picking up toys" is the extent of what she knows how to do, but DS will be 4 in a few weeks, and he can start helping/doing chores.

Yes, I love this Mystic! And Foggie, our 4yo LOVES to vacuum and I will give him a dust rag and ask him to wipe down "his" shelves, etc and he likes that too. I figure anything he manages to wipe will be less for me :whistle67:

jenrose
09-12-2011, 04:40:21 PM
DS1 begs for chores sometimes but I often can't come up with something he can just do without a lot of direction from me. And the only chores he wants to do are if he is right there with me, I can't send him to another room to do chores and have him be happy. :dontknow1:

CouponQueen23
09-12-2011, 06:03:33 PM

I spent last night getting the floors cleaned they oldest boy had 2 friends over and my niece was here a lot of the day on Saturday the kids had a great weekend outside they were riding the four wheeler and out on our trails is really muddy :hectic: So needless to say the kids had mud mostly dried but chunks flaking off of there clothes and one of my Ds friend came in with my Ds hunting boots on deep tread and clopped mud chunks all over my lanolum. My son knew I was not happy he sweep most all of it up. He kindly told his friend not to do that again. :smile: After all the kids went home. I gave my kids there baths sent to oldest in for his shower and began the clean up. Back room was trashed. Yesterday I had to be out side while the kids were riding so basically I washed 5 loads of cloths 2 loads were towels and piled them to be folded and taken care of. I did that last night. Then after Ds cleaned his room he had 3 loads to be ahsed from just his room, I was so happy he was sharing his clothes with his buddies :whistle67: But at-least they didn't get mud on my furniture. Today I washed all Ds clothes and nicely laid his shirts flat for him to put hangers in and hang :BigHand: I folded his boxers and pants. He never said a word came right in and seen them in his chair in his room and took right care of them. My younger 2 fight over who is going to help me do things some times it is way more of a hassle then it is worth. My little ones decided to trash their closet. I was so mad. They messed up a few board games and the 2 almost 3 yr old emptied his 3 tier bookshelf. I feel like it is a constant battle just to keep up. Tomorrow my plan of attack is the dust bunnies. The entertainment center and maybe the fridge. I like to pull it out and clean the dust bunnies from the inner fans and such parts then if I am feeling up to it scrub the inside of the fridge I see the chocolate syrup must have forgot to close it's self and drizzled all over. :rolleyes24:

SouthernBelle5
09-12-2011, 06:31:16 PM
Swept ceiling and cleaned ceiling fan of cat fur :whistle67:

cody82414
09-13-2011, 01:52:52 AM
Swept ceiling and cleaned ceiling fan of cat fur :whistle67:

I so need to do this!!!

(And I don't have cats :whistle67:)

IntoTheMystic
09-13-2011, 03:35:53 AM
My younger 2 fight over who is going to help me do things some times it is way more of a hassle then it is worth. :rolleyes24: That's what I kept thinking, but now they're 6 and 10 and I'm afraid I've almost waited too long! So, now they're in Momma Bootcamp. You argue, you do chores. You "huff" when I ask you to do something, you get 2 chores. You mess it up, I call you back and make you fix it. No more Mommy Pushover here. For now, it's more work for me, but I'm hoping it'll pay off in the long run. I'll let ya all know how it works out :biggrin:

I see the chocolate syrup must have forgot to close it's self and drizzled all over. :rolleyes24: Yeh, and then the chocolate syrup waltzed all the way to my house and did the same dang thing :giggle2:

OneHotMomma
09-14-2011, 10:04:41 PM
That's what I kept thinking, but now they're 6 and 10 and I'm afraid I've almost waited too long! So, now they're in Momma Bootcamp. You argue, you do chores. You "huff" when I ask you to do something, you get 2 chores. You mess it up, I call you back and make you fix it. No more Mommy Pushover here. For now, it's more work for me, but I'm hoping it'll pay off in the long run. I'll let ya all know how it works out :biggrin:

Please do, I may try it if it works. My four year old needs a swift kick in the pants but this may work. If it's this bad when he's four, :rolleyes24: I can imagine the attitute he'll have in my future.

On a positive note, finally washed and stored away the clothes my little ones have outgrown and gone through the 2 foot tall pile of magazines I had in the corner! :biggrin: Yay Me!! :BigHand:

cody82414
09-16-2011, 12:59:40 AM
my DSS1 and his wife visited for the first two weeks of the month
then the movers came to collect his things
and take them to CA where he will be stationed.

I hope I can use that as momentum to get something done :biggrin:

IntoTheMystic
09-16-2011, 03:13:11 PM
I finally got my new sectional yesterday, and I am so happy! I'm glad purged so much junk and got rid of that old broken down beat up handmedown furniture. My husband did not (surprisingly) balk much at the color (cinnamon red), but he did gripe that we need more furniture in the living room. WHAT???? Guess he doesn't get the new minimalist vibe I'm going for. I think he honestly feels every bit of wall space and every corner has to be cluttered up. Maybe I should also nail hundreds of photos in miss-matched frames into the walls, as well? (I still smile when I think my poor grandmother thought she had to display a photo of every grandchild, great grandchild or great-great grandchild. The poor woman!) I do plan to buy one end table and 2 lamps. Other than that, NOTHING else is going in the darn living room!

Now, for the deep cleaning challenge part- Over the last few weeks I made a lot of changes, and got rid of a ton of stuff in my classroom. It's in great shape now!

I still need to sort/purge one more buffet, and change out the summer/winter clothes for the boys. I also need to drag out the winter coats, boots, snowpants, hats and mittens and see what still fits. I'm just wonderin'...does it ever end?

cody82414
09-17-2011, 11:17:35 AM
I finally did something!!!

I took off the vent covers, washed them and screwed them back on.

I also changed out the heater filter:BigHand:

Yeah for me:giggle2:

froggie3
09-17-2011, 12:27:56 PM
YAY for doing something....I didn't :giggle2:

I WILL do something this weekend though, As soon as kidlets go down tonight, I am heading to the basement to work on the sewing/me area that I have been talking about forever, I WILL do something down there tonight.....

IntoTheMystic
09-17-2011, 01:55:26 PM
I finally did something!!!

I took off the vent covers, washed them and screwed them back on.

I also changed out the heater filter:BigHand:

Yeah for me:giggle2:

:excited1::smileyparty:

cody82414
09-17-2011, 02:42:38 PM
SCRUBBED the oven

then put in a meatloaf

:BigHand: Yeah for me!:wavehi:

cody82414
09-18-2011, 04:47:49 AM
today I am going to dust/wash the tops of all of the ceiling fans = gross!!

IntoTheMystic
09-18-2011, 08:59:56 AM
never got to the sorting of the fall clothes...dang it! and it's getting chilly.

discovered another job I need to do- go through my files and reorganize. Spent 30 minutes looking for a medical receipt today :sad3:

Cody, sounds like you're doing great!!!!

cody82414
09-19-2011, 08:46:37 AM
Thanks IntotheMystic!!

Today's goal is the light fixtures.
I have nine done, and five to go......

cody82414
09-19-2011, 08:55:43 AM

Wanted to update on the progress of the wood work:wink7:.

Murphy's oil has yet to be cracked open.

I did not realize how much wood there is in this house
and how overwhelming it feels...

everprincess
09-19-2011, 09:17:05 AM
Wanted to update on the progress of the wood work:wink7:.

Murphy's oil has yet to be cracked open.

I did not realize how much wood there is in this house
and how overwhelming it feels...

Yep it's amazing how much dust can "hide" in a house.

Yesterday I got most of the bathrooms cleaned. Need to finish the walls & toilets. I'd rather do ANYTHING but clean bathrooms :giggle2:. I'm pretty busy today so I don't know that I will make anymore process besides that I'm feeling off again today so I dunno know. But I'm amazed at your progress Cody :BigHand:.

jenrose
09-19-2011, 09:23:29 AM
OK Cody....I'll try to post here but the more I get done around the house the less time I have on here to post. :giggle2:

Dining room carpet shampooed, living room carpet 90% done, boys room cleaned out and carpets cleaned.

I took a full garbage bag of broken toys and trash out of their room as well as an overflowing rubermaid tote full of toys plus a plush chair and a big pinao. I have that stuff hiding in my office for now to make sure they don't miss any of it before I take it to donate or give to friends.

I'm still adjusting to my new work schedule but am trying to do at least 1 thing every morning before work. Today I swept the kitchen floor. I don't have a lot of extra time in the morning but I do have some so I want to take advantage of it when I can.

kwhile0599
09-19-2011, 10:44:33 AM
OK Cody....I'll try to post here but the more I get done around the house the less time I have on here to post. :giggle2:

DITTO!!

You all are rockin'!! :BigHand:

I'm working on getting everything back into the downstairs closets - we had to carry everything upstairs so that we could work on the floors. Takin' a quick breather between trips!! I'm thinking of doing bump-bump down the stairs like we did when we were kids with the rest of the stuff!! :giggle2:

cody82414
09-19-2011, 03:19:38 PM
I'm working on getting everything back into the downstairs closets - we had to carry everything upstairs so that we could work on the floors. Takin' a quick breather between trips!! I'm thinking of doing bump-bump down the stairs like we did when we were kids with the rest of the stuff!! :giggle2:

Wow!

bump-bump
is about the last thing I think about when I am cleaning :giggle2:

cody82414
09-19-2011, 03:20:30 PM
I cleaned/scrubbed the refrigerator out - drawers, walls and all.

Since it is so empty, it was rather easy ;)

cody82414
09-19-2011, 03:23:58 PM
Welcome jenrose!!

cody82414
09-19-2011, 04:22:14 PM
DONE with the fans and light fixtures!

IntoTheMystic
09-19-2011, 05:36:13 PM
I cleaned/scrubbed the refrigerator out - drawers, walls and all.

Since it is so empty, it was rather easy ;)

I did mine this weekend- right before I went grocery shopping! :giggle2:Great minds think alike, huh?

IntoTheMystic
09-19-2011, 05:37:37 PM
:encourage17:
DONE with the fans and light fixtures!

cody82414
09-19-2011, 05:54:50 PM
I am exhausted too.

I started standing on a chair, a bed, the counter, a table, then got out the step stool and finally the step ladder.

No wonder this doesn't get done very often :whistle67:

jenrose
09-20-2011, 10:30:40 AM
Well this may not be deep cleaning but this morning before work I managed to get my bedroom vacuumed, the upstairs hall vacuumed, emptied & refilled the dishwasher, and swept the bathroom.

I figure if I can get this minor stuff done in the morning I should have more time after work for the more major stuff. Now if only I can keep this motivation I'll be good!

IntoTheMystic
09-20-2011, 02:37:41 PM
I had a rough day at work. In 5 years, I've managed to avoid most/if not all the politics at work. Today I stepped in, quite by accident, and I'm miffed. Must remember my mantra for the rest of the year: "fly under the radar", but it's hard to get anything done that way, and I tend to be passionate about some things. Oh well...the point of this rambling story is that as soon as DS6 and 10 and I got home, we all started doing chores while singing at the top of our lungs- different songs at that. It was a great stress reliever, and we got a lot done (albeit some of it was not quite "perfect"). Now I've had a nice glass of wine, and am decompressing here, before we start the homework wars.

Oh, but as far as ACTUAL deep cleaning today for me? Nada. Sorry!:sad3:

cody82414
09-20-2011, 03:40:49 PM
DH told me that I should take a day off.
I think he is starting to feel the pressure .
Tee hee hee

IntoTheMystic
09-20-2011, 05:18:13 PM
DH told me that I should take a day off.
I think he is starting to feel the pressure .
Tee hee hee

Probably a lot of work for him- watching you do all that work :hysterical:

jenrose
09-21-2011, 10:15:20 AM
Before work today I managed to shampoo the carpets in my bedroom and finish the last little bit in the livingroom entry way. All I have let to do is the top of the stairs (wish I could do the stairs as well but don't think my shoulder will handle that well). I moved my nightstands out to the hallway so I couldn't just do that little square at the same time with the nightstands there. :dontknow1: And OMG there was ALOT of dust behind those nightstands. Yuck!

SouthernBelle5
09-24-2011, 04:57:47 PM
SCRUBBED the bathroom floor on my hands and knees, scrubbed the shower, toilet and sink.

Much better :smile:

OneHotMomma
09-24-2011, 07:05:39 PM
So excited! Finally, cleared out the "office," computer desk in the kitchen, and all the magazines in the living room. The only thing left with the clutter situation is a little bit of filing and the stuff in my bedroom. I also vacumned the playroom and dining room.

New To Do List (starting Monday - I'm taking tomorrow off!):
Catch up on washing/drying/folding/putting away laundry
File paperwork
Carpets in bedrooms and living room
Clear clutter from my bedroom and the steps
Dust everything (Note to Self: Don't forget the ceiling fans)
Bathroom
Drop off recycling
Get DH to finish re-doing one of our bathrooms

Woo Hoo!! Progress is AWESOME!! I've been trying to get my house under control for a year and a half and now I'm finally getting close to the maintaining mode. I am SOOO excited!

SouthernBelle5
09-24-2011, 08:46:02 PM
Moved on to DS's bathroom...gross! But its done :wink7:

cody82414
09-25-2011, 04:11:02 AM
So excited!

Woo Hoo!! Progress is AWESOME!! I've been trying to get my house under control for a year and a half and now I'm finally getting close to the maintaining mode. I am SOOO excited!

cody82414
09-25-2011, 04:13:57 AM
took a note from jenrose
and got to work on the toys.

you know,
the freebies from carnivals, parades, Mcdonald's,
and the parts of things that only the kid knows where they come from???

4 empty boxes
and a half a garbage bag
and I have about 1/4 to go:BigHand:

everprincess
09-25-2011, 09:17:39 AM
took a note from jenrose
and got to work on the toys.

you know,
the freebies from carnivals, parades, Mcdonald's,
and the parts of things that only the kid knows where they come from???

4 empty boxes
and a half a garbage bag
and I have about 1/4 to go:BigHand:

DH is talking about donating all of DS's McD's stuff to the therapy center DS goes to. But I want to keep the cute stuff like the Smurfs. Going to finish the bathrooms later today.

SouthernBelle5
09-29-2011, 06:33:54 PM
I'm in the process of deep cleaning paperwork. Shredding all of 2010 (except tax stuff) and punching holes in the rest & putting it in my binder.

:geek:

OneHotMomma
09-30-2011, 01:13:38 PM
Just when I thought I was getting ahead . . .

So I thought I'd make some pumpkin butter cause it sounded so yummy but the kids needed mommy for a minute. I went to the playroom and forgot all about it on the stove and found a mess when I came back. It was all over the floor and the ceiling and stove. OMG!! Taking forever to clean up, but I finally got it all up. I think.

cody82414
10-04-2011, 08:48:43 AM
windows and screens today!

As I go around putting up Halloween decorations,
I am using windex on the inside and out
and power washing the screens.

Wow!
That brightens things up:smile:

froggie3
10-04-2011, 08:53:46 AM
This weekend I got the storage stuff moved to where I wanted it in the basement, and went through most of my boxes of stuff for my "space" down there as well. I need to find some shelves to put my stuff on to truly be able to make it my space, but I felt accomplished....today I am not doing anything, I think I am striking today.

CouponQueen23
10-05-2011, 11:50:45 AM
Yesterday and today I feel like I have made so much progress.

I scrubbed my kitchen and dinning room top to bottom. Looks so good I keep walking through and looking at how my walls and floor work are smiling back at me.. It feels so fresh and clean I love it. I also Tackled all the cob webs through out the house so the rest of the rooms are ready for their wash down. I vacuumed all my register vents ( wow it is un real what falls in there.)
Dh helped me pull out the fridge and I vacuumed all the cob webs from the underneath and the motor parts a scrubbed the scuzzy floor too.

I plan to chip the ice that is building up on the chest freezer. It doesn't have a defrost on it so I just use hot water and a hand towel and melt as much that way as I can and then use a butter knife to break away the big chunks. Also while I was up getting all the cob webs I change my smoke detector batteries.
If I have to make a trip to town later I would like to stop and get new furnace air filter because I plan to vacuum that out too.

It is looking really nice outside so I think I might take the rest of the day and head out side and mow. I have a really cute Halloween train of wood my mil made for us. I have to mow before I can set it up. I am dreading opening the shed because I know there are unfinished projects out there too. My plan is to just mow and decorate but there is a lot of moving stuff involved so it may turn in to a cleaning project too :hectic:

I might make frozen pizzas for dinner and fresh veggies and dip because I know I will be out of steam for cooking. :giggle2:

CouponQueen23
10-08-2011, 06:38:47 AM
Im getting there yesteday Dh and I spend most of the day outside packing away all the summer stuff we took the Ac's out and drained them and stored them away. Last night while the kids were in their room watching cartoons I finally tackled the livingroom entertain ment center reorganized the shelf's and dusted all my picture frames off and wipe my entire entertainment center down. I have been washing all my doors and light switch covers off. My walls through out the house have been scrubbed and I vacuumed my furnace and replaced the filter a couple of days ago.

The next project is going to be sorting through clothes packing a way summer stuff. Also oldest boy has lots that he has outgrown and my middle boy does too. I usally just have to move the middle boys stuff to the littlest ones closet because they are so close in age the youngest grows right in to them as soon as the middle boy out grows them. Then my closet is a night mare. I fit in nothing that is in there:( I am 19 weeks pregnant and have nothing that fits :( I will likely straighten up up the best I can because I hope after the baby I can go back to wearing all my stuff.

Then I will see what we can do with our front porch it seems to have a little bit of everything out there. We got some shelfs from my step father in- law and hopefully we can make it look a little nicer out there. We need and addition or a garage but I don't see that happening for a long time. We have a large storage shed my Dh built upper shelf's in and it is filled. All out holiday and summer stuff. Maybe this spring e will get another storage shed and it can look less cluttered on our front porch.

cody82414
10-17-2011, 03:43:35 PM
over the weekend, I cleaned all of the wood in the kitchen
and started on the Master Bedroom.

Today I had carpet laid down in my office.

Doglover8180
10-17-2011, 04:02:26 PM
I am so glad I found this thread.... although I don't think I am anywhere as good as you guys... I am just trying to do surface cleaning...but what a great way to help motivate each other and stay on top of things.

My goal today is laundry and cleaning out the closet and collecting clothes for Goodwill..... all before my nightly tv shows start!

SouthernBelle5
10-18-2011, 08:00:42 AM
10 outside toys DS has outgrown (put them to the curb and others will pick up if they want it :wink7:)

IntoTheMystic
10-19-2011, 03:01:19 PM
This weekend I sorted out all the summer clothes, fall clothes, etc. Got rid of 5 black garbage bags full of clothes. The boys' drawers are all nice and orgazined. I also shuffled toys around, and moved the boys' bedrooms around and vacuumed and dusted really well. So, the upstairs looks good (for now). I need to drag my craft table out to the road- but that will have to wait until DH is gone this weekend. He can't bear to part with anything- even something that is MINE and hasn't been used in 10+ years. I just don't get it. :dontknow1:

CouponQueen23
10-27-2011, 02:54:05 PM
After the beginning of the month I pushed really hard and have been able to at least keep on top of it. Doing odd things here and there as I see things could use a little touch up here and there.

Last night we had a little issue with my dryer making a awful noise. I decided to try and be Mrs Fix it!! It turned in to a cleaning project. I pulled the panels off my dryer and found lots of lint cleaned that all up the entire lint piece I took that off and vacuumed it all out. During the process I scrubbed the floor under the dryer and washed the wall behind there too.

Today I had Dh help pull the washer out and I vacuumed under there too and scrubbed the floor and washed the wall behind that too..

I finally hooked up my new Epson printer I bought at Target a few weeks ago and was able to print some good Ip's. Now tomorrow when the kids come home from a half day of school we can go SHOPPING!!

cody82414
10-27-2011, 11:56:22 PM
keep it up!
Maybe you will inspire the rest of us to make a move l;)

VivaciousJewelz
10-30-2011, 11:04:19 AM
I cleaned out my closet! That's about all I had energy for. :giggle2:

CouponQueen23
10-30-2011, 05:33:14 PM
I cleaned out my closet! That's about all I had energy for. :giggle2:

This is something I really need to get to. :giggle2: I dread the time I have to open my closet door.:giggle2: My mom has given me all of my nieces out grown clothes which was fine but now I am almost 22 wks prego and nothing fits me. :sad3: Anything I can fit in to comfortably which is my fleece pj bottoms
and 1 or 2 pair od jeans that were already kind of big on me to begin with and a pair of running pants.

So basically my closet is a big heap of stuff. all my hangers are busy and I haven't been in the mood to sort through those clothes. I have all summer and winter stuff in there. I guess when I am feeling up to it at least I could do is sort them to the season that I would be wearing them and just label boxes until I can fit in to them. It is a major nightmare. I had to many things and now that much more I just couldn't tell my mom no when she brought me all the stuff. She did tell me hat I don't want to donate it to a second hand shop that sells their good for homeless animal shelter so I should get busy doing that ( Sometime) :hysterical:

CouponQueen23
11-05-2011, 11:39:30 AM
So today it was cold and frosty outside, to bide my time until it was warm enough to head outside with the boys, I decided to clean my toaster oven, Microwave oven, scrubbed my stove top and then decided to tackle the oven. I also decided to wash the light fixtures to my kitchen & dinning room ceiling fans. I clean these all the time it just drives me nuts to see the dust gleaming on them. Then I used the vacuum cleaner and made my way through the house. It is still pretty cool out side but I think it is as warm as it is going to get today. So I think we might make a trip into the woods for a day of buzzing up fallen trees. Just to make sure we have enough fire wood to get us through the winter. :) The kids also enjoy getting 4 wheeler rides so it should be a fun family time too.

SouthernBelle5
11-14-2011, 01:42:24 PM
Cleaned out summer clothes and old toys from DS. Booted 50 items out!

jenrose
11-14-2011, 01:59:47 PM
I've been trying to reclaim the family room from the clutter. The boys can now finally use the game table again but I have a LONG way to go!!!!

SouthernBelle5
11-14-2011, 02:18:52 PM
I've been trying to reclaim the family room from the clutter. The boys can now finally use the game table again but I have a LONG way to go!!!!

:giggle2: I am trying to purge in anticipation of Christmas. DS tends to get lots for Christmas. I understand the urge to spoil him (I'm his mom! :smile:) but we really try to emphasize Christ. Ya know, the whole reason for the holiday. :wink7:

froggie3
11-14-2011, 02:24:30 PM
:giggle2: I am trying to purge in anticipation of Christmas. DS tends to get lots for Christmas. I understand the urge to spoil him (I'm his mom! :smile:) but we really try to emphasize Christ. Ya know, the whole reason for the holiday. :wink7:

We are starting to pair down Christmas this year, and next year it will get paired down even more. The kids get 1 or 2 gifts from Santa, and then not much from us...but grandma and grandpa and gamm gamm and papaw are HUGE in the spoiling game....next year there will be 3 kiddos at Christmas, so I can only imagine how much MORE is going to be overflowing from under the tree.

CouponQueen23
11-14-2011, 02:43:41 PM
We are starting to pair down Christmas this year, and next year it will get paired down even more. The kids get 1 or 2 gifts from Santa, and then not much from us...but grandma and grandpa and gamm gamm and papaw are HUGE in the spoiling game....next year there will be 3 kiddos at Christmas, so I can only imagine how much MORE is going to be overflowing from under the tree.

I know my thoughts exactly we are going from 3 boys to adding a girl to the mix in March :BigHand: I was just re- organizing the little boys closet yesterday and thinking what else do these kids need for Christmas. They have got all the oldest DS hand me downs and then their own gifts each Christmas so there is really not a lot left that they don't have. Each year the DH buys each boy his own Hess Truck so times that by 3 and how many years old they are. :whistle67: We have trucks coming out of our ears. I do rotate toys pretty regularly Yesterday the two little ones were playing with new/ old toys that they haven't seen in a few months so you would have thought it was Christmas here yesterday. They are really good about keeping games pieces and logos and train tracks all in one place so that is a plus. I never have to throw things out for lack of missing parts. We hope to add on 2 bedrooms and expand our dinning room which will really help and make things look less cluttered. There is only so much room to put these things and I can't find it in myself to toss them unless their broke. Dh and I were looking at sale flyers yesterday and he still hasn't grasped the fact that soon enough we will be shopping for a girl :hysterical: he said I am so used to skipping right past all the girl stuff.

Pretty sad right now my kids rooms are cleaner than my catch all part of my counter :whistle67: I have been plucking away at it a little today pretty much because I have mis placed some inserts coupons :giggle2: I need to find a system that will help make it look messy I know where every thing is but even in a nice neat pile it looks like a mess :dontknow1: ( I still never found my missing insert I think one of my papers must not have had it in it that week :hectic:)

froggie3
11-14-2011, 02:54:05 PM
I know my thoughts exactly we are going from 3 boys to adding a girl to the mix in March :BigHand: I was just re- organizing the little boys closet yesterday and thinking what else do these kids need for Christmas. They have got all the oldest DS hand me downs and then their own gifts each Christmas so there is really not a lot left that they don't have. Each year the DH buys each boy his own Hess Truck so times that by 3 and how many years old they are. :whistle67: We have trucks coming out of our ears. I do rotate toys pretty regularly Yesterday the two little ones were playing with new/ old toys that they haven't seen in a few months so you would have thought it was Christmas here yesterday. They are really good about keeping games pieces and logos and train tracks all in one place so that is a plus. I never have to throw things out for lack of missing parts. We hope to add on 2 bedrooms and expand our dinning room which will really help and make things look less cluttered. There is only so much room to put these things and I can't find it in myself to toss them unless their broke. Dh and I were looking at sale flyers yesterday and he still hasn't grasped the fact that soon enough we will be shopping for a girl :hysterical: he said I am so used to skipping right past all the girl stuff.

Pretty sad right now my kids rooms are cleaner than my catch all part of my counter :whistle67: I have been plucking away at it a little today pretty much because I have mis placed some inserts coupons :giggle2: I need to find a system that will help make it look messy I know where every thing is but even in a nice neat pile it looks like a mess :dontknow1: ( I still never found my missing insert I think one of my papers must not have had it in it that week :hectic:)

Yep the household toys doubled when DD was born. I have 3 or 4 rubbermaids of toys they don't play with because I just can't part with them, but they have too many. THEN the inlaws brought over DH's old Star Wars Toys...because you know now we have a house so we have room...those added to DS's room and we have toys coming out our ears. Now I know why my parents made the basement a play room and made us play with all our toys there....and them mom saved them all so you can only imagine what might make an appearance at our house in the future.

SouthernBelle5
11-14-2011, 02:54:05 PM
sI need to find a system that will help make it look messy I know where every thing is but even in a nice neat pile it looks like a mess :dontknow1: ( I still never found my missing insert I think one of my papers must not have had it in it that week :hectic:)

I have a mix system. I file the inserts by hanging folders in something like this (http://www.home-jewelry-business-success-tips.com/images/plastic-file-box-275x267.jpg). Then I have my binder where I file the coupons I KNOW I will use. It works for me :wink7:

CouponQueen23
11-14-2011, 03:16:08 PM
Yep the household toys doubled when DD was born. I have 3 or 4 rubbermaids of toys they don't play with because I just can't part with them, but they have too many. THEN the inlaws brought over DH's old Star Wars Toys...because you know now we have a house so we have room...those added to DS's room and we have toys coming out our ears. Now I know why my parents made the basement a play room and made us play with all our toys there....and them mom saved them all so you can only imagine what might make an appearance at our house in the future.

:hysterical: Sounds like my step fil He sent over lots of old cool stuff Old barrel of monkeys some of the stuff probley would hav been worth big bucks to the right person.. But then some ships, boats, model cars some of the stuff just fell apart the things were so brittle, I did end up tossing a lot of the stuff as it broke :whistle67: My 13 year old told him my mom threw all the stuff away! :hysterical: Once upon a time it was probley strong but it was like 25- 30 years old who even knows if the stuff was lead free, I didn't feel bad at all tossing it as they broke them. How cool it would be to have a basement that would be cool! That was our dream to build a garage and have the upstairs be a game room/ exersize room but the new addition coming in March trumps that thought. We will give all the kids their own room and make a bigger dinning room :BigHand:

cody82414
11-15-2011, 06:18:30 AM
rockin' it ladies!!!! :BigHand:

Almsot went right from Halloween to Christmas shopping:giggle2:
finding some fantastic deals and not spending a lot:smile:

but my house is a dusty, crusty mess:sad3:

gotta climb back aboard this challenge:wavehi:

cody82414
11-19-2011, 04:54:31 PM
I usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving,
but the real tree lots are already open!!

OneHotMomma
11-19-2011, 05:14:38 PM
I know! I'm trying to finish up with the decluttering before the Christmas decor comes out (I usually do that the last week of Nov). I think it would help feel the holiday feel a little less busy myself. I want a calm and soothing atmosphere.

I went through the kids toys today (they helped). We've decided to cut back this year but even so I thought it would be nice to help out some other kids who may not have as much.

I took the microwave out of the kitchen too. It's huge and made lots of space. I wonder how long it will take DH to notice. He'll probably flip but I didn't get rid of it, just relocated it : ) (to the garage lol).

Now the downstairs looks awesome except I need to paint the living room before Thanksgiving. Upstairs is next on the list.

cody82414
11-19-2011, 05:34:04 PM
Now the downstairs looks awesome except I need to paint the living room before Thanksgiving. Upstairs is next on the list.

Painting in November,
now that is daring!!

keep up the great work!

CouponQueen23
11-20-2011, 07:40:48 AM
I finally had to tell my mom to stop bringing baby items to my house.. In a nice way I am working really hard to get things organized around here and keep it that way. I am expecting my first girl in March and according to my Dh the baby will only have to wear the clothes once because there is so much here already. Mom finds lots of stuff second hand and brings it so I can keep it, toss it or if it needs some stain treatment work on getting it cleaned or toss it out. So I have been trying to keep up with what we already have going on and she is bringing oodles of things every few days. Finally I had to say "MOM!" I am running out of places to keep these things.... I am working on making room for Christmas and in a way she is like a little kids coming right in behind me making more for me to do.. It wouldn't be so bad but we are kind of pressed for room until next year when we add on. So she agreed to keep things there at her house until the baby shower. She already informed me no one is going to have to buy anything... OMG!! I even waited until I was like 16 weeks along before I told her and you would think this is her 1 st grand daughter, no it is her 6 th of a total of 13 grandchildren. ( I am not trying to be ungrateful or unappreciative I just needed to let her know the baby stuff is starting to take over and we wouldn't be needing it for a while) Besides she has way more room to store it than I do :)

So on a good note I have my counters and coupons all organized. Makes hunting inserts a breeze. I really would like to decorate a little outside we got our first snow a few days ago so I feel like I better get it done before we start getting dumped on. We typically wait until the day or so after Thanksgiving too. Then we are all home to pitch in and play some Christmas music, gets us all in the holiday mood.

IntoTheMystic
11-20-2011, 08:35:45 AM
Today my younger son turns 7! His family party is today, so I have decluttered (again) and scrubbed floors, the fridge, tubs, sinks, counters, and even light switches. I don't know why I bother, because by time everyone leaves it'll be worse than when I started. I even cleaned up my desk/couponing area! All of the food is ready to go- I think I'll take a nap before the party. I deserve it, and I've pretending I'm not sick so I could get all this done.

Does anyone else feels like the walls are closing in on them once they decorate for Christmas? I always enjoying putting all our stuff out, but within a week I feel completely claustrophic.

CouponQueen23
11-20-2011, 08:47:48 AM
Today my younger son turns 7! His family party is today, so I have decluttered (again) and scrubbed floors, the fridge, tubs, sinks, counters, and even light switches. I don't know why I bother, because by time everyone leaves it'll be worse than when I started. I even cleaned up my desk/couponing area! All of the food is ready to go- I think I'll take a nap before the party. I deserve it, and I've pretending I'm not sick so I could get all this done.

Does anyone else feels like the walls are closing in on them once they decorate for Christmas? I always enjoying putting all our stuff out, but within a week I feel completely claustrophic.

:wavehi: Yes! I do, I love the holiday season but I do feel more cluttered. I panic over Christmas Dinner for weeks before because of lack of room in the dinning room. It is only 1 day but we make the best of it. This year I think we will purchase a card table for our boys and seat them right off the kitchen we will be not more than an arm reach away but it will give us all some breathing room. :whistle67:

cody82414
11-30-2011, 08:41:37 PM
put up what Christmas decorations I felt like,

the rest were "donated" :whistle67:

OneHotMomma
11-30-2011, 08:43:33 PM
LOL I like that. I think it's a good idea. :)

jenrose
11-30-2011, 09:15:49 PM
I just noticed how dusty the stuff in my china cabinet and entertainment center is. I need to work that into my cleaning for this week! Ugh!

SouthernBelle5
12-01-2011, 06:17:12 AM
We deep cleaned last night due to DS. :rolleyes24: But his room got scrubbed and mopped and so did the kitchen.

abond0017
12-01-2011, 10:58:25 AM
I want to join in on your challenge for an end of the year cleaning scramble. I have a list of things I want to have done before we leave town on Christmas Eve. So here it goes...

I need to:

Bleach & scrub grout between tiny bathroom floor tiles.
Clean all baseboards, behind and under everything, and window sills.
Steam clean carpets.
Organize utility room.
De-clutter junk drawers/shelves.

Dengineer
12-01-2011, 12:10:29 PM
I have tons of Christmas decorations that I don't use, but for some reason I can't get rid of them. I take them out, look at them and pack them back up. I have decided that this year I am going to get rid of some of them (or try to, at least.) And then go to the after Christmas sales and buy some new stuff.:smile:

OneHotMomma
12-28-2011, 10:47:06 AM
Time to put away the decorations and get the house back in order

IntoTheMystic
12-28-2011, 10:57:10 AM
I am hoping this is the year I actually sort through and throw out all those unwanted/unused Christmas decorations. I need to get the tree down- it is so pathetic looking and dried out. I also want to clean the linen closet/purge this week. I already did the kitchen drawers and cabinets, and helped DH sort through his closet/drawers. I also need to help DS11 organize his clothes- turns out he's been dumping all the clean clothes in the bottom of his closet. GGGRRRR...

cody82414
12-29-2011, 08:13:32 AM
I for one cannot wait to get home to get the New Year house cleaning in order!

l almost completely dislike being away from home for more than a day or maybe two.

9 days is much too much.........

CouponQueen23
12-29-2011, 08:52:50 AM
Yesterday turned in to a nightmare of a day. I finally got to the hell hole of a closet I had. With much un wanted encouragement form the DH. He seen a huge bag of stuff that my mom gave me right before I found out I was pregnant. (I just was so discouraged with what to do with it) After all I was not going to fit in to anything as I am gaining prego weight) Then she was bringing things left and right for either me or the baby. So anyway when ever he decides to do anything around here whether he is trying to help or what not it always turns in to a criticism event.How I suck at this or that. Not ever acknowledging the good things that I actually do around her sorry for cluttering my on half of the closet it wasn't even in his way. So then form our room we move on the the 2 little boys room. Of course we have 2 boys sharing a room together. They are 3 and 6 so everything that the 13 year old has passed down to them and the stuff they each get each year I try to neatly organize with what room I have. Also all the baby stuff for the (girl we are expecting in March is in the little boys room and the Ds 13 yr olds room. So I was not even feeling like messing around with any of it. It is almost like I was trying to make chicken soup out of chicken $h!t. With the amount of stuff they have and the amount of space I have to put it is is alomost ridiculous. We buy our kids good quality toys and things so getting rid of the stuff just to have to re buy again doesn't make sense. I tried to explain to him we have 3 boys they are all out growing things and the seasons changing what would he like me to do with everything! I was so bitter after everything looking at our Christmas tree was just really making me mad! Thinking he wanted the Ds 13 yr old to clean his room. I recall last year us having an argument about not cleaning issues and what not. Mainly the kids and them taking care of their stuff. I said you know the 13 yr old got lots of stuff he didn't even ask for then when he has no place to put it he gets yelled at! I recall Dh saying well them good they won't get $h!t next year. Well the kids did have a really nice Christmas I worked really hard trying to keep up with everything up until but so much happens each day keeping up with daily chores and cleaning sometimes wears on me I am 30 weeks pregnant. He needs to realize I don't ask him for help ever! Because of the way he acts when he has to do anything around here. So anyway. I decided last night I was sick of looking at the tree, It just reminds me of why I don't ask for anything for Christmas. I am really glad I didn't get much after all. Because I have no place to put stuff after all. After a miserable day I was so sick of looking at the Christmas tree I started taking all the stuff down. It just reminds me of why I get so stressed during this time of the year it is always the same thing. So any way at this point I think the only clutter I have left kicking around is my couponing stuff that I really have no place for no matter where I try to put it it still looks like a mess. I do get a load of crap some times when I buy this or that that we dont really need but I do it because it is a $$ maker, or I might see us using it eventually or I can give it to some one I know can use it. Either way sometimes I just feel like throwing all my couponing stuff in the recycle bin an let him see where we would be if I didn't try at that at all. I am trying to let it go I just feel so un appreciated and hurt right now that I can't. I tell him I do the best I can with what I have to work with. Sorry for the vent in here but my mess is taken care of regardless :)

cody82414
12-29-2011, 09:26:38 AM
I am hearing you CouponQueen23. Come hear anytime to vent! Anytime.

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 01:01:12 PM
I am hoping this is the year I actually sort through and throw out all those unwanted/unused Christmas decorations. I need to get the tree down- it is so pathetic looking and dried out. I also want to clean the linen closet/purge this week. I already did the kitchen drawers and cabinets, and helped DH sort through his closet/drawers. I also need to help DS11 organize his clothes- turns out he's been dumping all the clean clothes in the bottom of his closet. GGGRRRR...

Tree down? Check!
All Christmas decorations taken down, sorted and purged? Check!

Still more to do on my list...

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 01:06:42 PM
CouponQueen- I am sorry you are having such a hard time! I just had this same conversation with DH, who is also very opinionated about things he knows nothing about, and who also never pitches in. I figure if you ain't willing to do the work, keep yer mouth shut. But I never say that. I just keep it all bottled in. Some day I'm going to let loose...

jenrose
12-29-2011, 01:16:52 PM
We went camping over Christmas. Came home Christmas day and then Monday went out and got new phones. Monday night I was cleaning up in the kitchen (the house is thrashed since I've been so busy with Christmas stuff lately) and DH is in the living room playing games on his phone. I finally walked in there and said, "Do you think you could put your phone down to help me for a little bit". He said sarcastically, "that is out of the question". He did then get up and ask what I wanted. I told him well how bout you take the recycling out on your way to the camper to get your wedding ring (that he left in there) and the kids DS charger out of there. After complaining about having to go out in the cold he did it, returned the recycle bin to its place in the kitchen then went right back to his chair and continued playing with his phone. :rolleyes24:

So I definetly understand the non-helping DH! :hectic:

OneHotMomma
12-29-2011, 01:34:23 PM
We went camping over Christmas. Came home Christmas day and then Monday went out and got new phones. Monday night I was cleaning up in the kitchen (the house is thrashed since I've been so busy with Christmas stuff lately) and DH is in the living room playing games on his phone. I finally walked in there and said, "Do you think you could put your phone down to help me for a little bit". He said sarcastically, "that is out of the question". He did then get up and ask what I wanted. I told him well how bout you take the recycling out on your way to the camper to get your wedding ring (that he left in there) and the kids DS charger out of there. After complaining about having to go out in the cold he did it, returned the recycle bin to its place in the kitchen then went right back to his chair and continued playing with his phone. :rolleyes24:

So I definetly understand the non-helping DH! :hectic:

Sometimes my DH is like this. Smart mouth and lazy. He does do things when I ask him to but it's usually just easier to do it myself. He's almost like a child, you have to tell him every little thing you need him to do. I just do not understand how in the world he doesn't see what needs to be done and do it himself.

Anyways, I almost have the household emergency binder put together, finally. Then, it's straightening the house back up from Christmas - It's a disaster.

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 02:12:27 PM
Anyways, I almost have the household emergency binder put together, finally.

What do you keep in there? I don't have one...

OneHotMomma
12-29-2011, 02:18:40 PM
What do you keep in there? I don't have one...

:wavehi: There's a thread here (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/home-sweet-home/322149-does-anyone-have-household-binder-notebook.html). Just trying to customize it a little and add in the final touches.

Emergency Contact Info for the sitter
Emergency Numbers (police, fire, ambulance, poison control)
Medical Info for each family member
Financial (account numbers, usernames, passwords, insurance info)
Also copies of important documents (birth certificates, car titles, marriage certificate, ss cards)
Directions on what to do in an emergency in case I lose my head
Cash in case I can't get to the bank

cody82414
12-29-2011, 03:58:16 PM
Sometimes my DH is like this. Smart mouth and lazy. He does do things when I ask him to but it's usually just easier to do it myself. He's almost like a child, you have to tell him every little thing you need him to do. I just do not understand how in the world he doesn't see what needs to be done and do it himself.

THIS is so me.
But the problem I have is that I get resentful
because I feel that I do the majority of things
that shouldn't be my responsibility
but if I don't do them they won't get done.

If I could impress onto everyone one thing that I did not do,
before beginning a living arrangement of any sort
(college dorm roommates for a semester, apartment sharing, moving in together, being married - whatever the situation)
but wish that I had
that would be
to set in stone
the jobs of the household
and
who is expected to do them
and
when they are expected to be done.

An occasional "I'll take care of that for you this time"
DOES NOT MEAN
that I plan to do it for the entirety of our relationship.

(Okay,
so I am a bit resentful,
shoot me now :wink7: )

jenrose
12-29-2011, 05:23:23 PM
Well when DH & I first started living together we shared in household duties much more than we do now. Over the years and changes our lives have taken DH has gotten more and more distant from household duties. Now it has fallen on me entirely and it sucks!!!!

And these are the days of my life. :giggle2:

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 05:28:30 PM
:wavehi: There's a thread here (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/home-sweet-home/322149-does-anyone-have-household-binder-notebook.html). Just trying to customize it a little and add in the final touches.

Emergency Contact Info for the sitter
Emergency Numbers (police, fire, ambulance, poison control)
Medical Info for each family member
Financial (account numbers, usernames, passwords, insurance info)
Also copies of important documents (birth certificates, car titles, marriage certificate, ss cards)
Directions on what to do in an emergency in case I lose my head
Cash in case I can't get to the bank

Okay! Thank you! This is now my January goal. I don't know why I didn't think of this myself, but I've often thought my husband would be in dire straits if something ever happened to me b/c he doesn't know anything.

IntoTheMystic
12-29-2011, 05:44:35 PM
THIS is so me.
But the problem I have is that I get resentful
because I feel that I do the majority of things
that shouldn't be my responsibility
but if I don't do them they won't get done.

If I could impress onto everyone one thing that I did not do,
before beginning a living arrangement of any sort
(college dorm roommates for a semester, apartment sharing, moving in together, being married - whatever the situation)
but wish that I had
that would be
to set in stone
the jobs of the household
and
who is expected to do them
and
when they are expected to be done.

An occasional "I'll take care of that for you this time"
DOES NOT MEAN
that I plan to do it for the entirety of our relationship.

(Okay,
so I am a bit resentful,
shoot me now :wink7: )

Before I got married, my sister said to me, "be careful what you take on, because you'll be doing it for the rest of your life". Boy, do I wish I had listened to her.

When we first lived together, things were a bit more even. DH had done all of the chores in his first marriage, b/c his 1st wife had a heart condition (she has since passed). I thought that meant he and I would do things equally. I was wrong. As time has marched on, I do more and more and more.... So, yep, I hear ya about being resentful, b/c i am right there. At this point, I don't even know how erase all that. It's not so bad when he's not home, but when he is home and WATCHES me work, that drives me crazy!

cody82414
12-29-2011, 05:55:30 PM
It's not so bad when he's not home, but when he is home and WATCHES me work, that drives me crazy!

My DH brings this aura into the house too.
When he is not there,
you can feel the peace in the household.

When he is there,
everyone is on age,
just waiting for the criticism to fall their way.

Sad.

OneHotMomma
12-30-2011, 04:38:42 PM
Yay! Living room is clean again, but there's still so much to do. I'm hoping if I can get rid of the junk and stop bringing anything in except neccessities it won't be as hard to keep up. Trying to set up a system so that things are easier to clean as I go. It just seems there's so much clutter that it takes an hour to do the simplest things.

I think if I can find the things we do need a home and make sure to put them back when we're done, it should only be upkeep once I can clear the clutter. We will see I suppose.

cody82414
12-30-2011, 05:11:14 PM
Yay! Living room is clean again, but there's still so much to do. I'm hoping if I can get rid of the junk and stop bringing anything in except neccessities it won't be as hard to keep up. Trying to set up a system so that things are easier to clean as I go. It just seems there's so much clutter that it takes an hour to do the simplest things.

I think if I can find the things we do need a home and make sure to put them back when we're done, it should only be upkeep once I can clear the clutter. We will see I suppose.

Awesome!
Keep it up!!
Very inspiring!!!

cybilx10
01-01-2012, 10:45:14 AM
I love this idea. I plan on doing something similar to this this summer. I will take a few days of vacation and clean out my home and then a few more days on another vacation to clean out my garage. I hope to get rid of things and completely clean out my home of things we have just gathered in the past 12 years. I want to be able to see open areas in my closets and open areas again.

I wish you all success.

IntoTheMystic
01-01-2012, 02:21:35 PM
My DH brings this aura into the house too.
When he is not there,
you can feel the peace in the household.

When he is there,
everyone is on age,
just waiting for the criticism to fall their way.

Sad.

Yep. So true.

cdarrow26
01-01-2012, 02:48:45 PM
I'd love to join! I don't know how I never saw this thread before! I need all the help I can get in the cleaning and organizing department. I am determined that I will get this house in order this year!

daisydog215
01-01-2012, 07:41:54 PM
All right, I'm in. I really need the accountability. I am bad with regular upkeep and deep cleaning. I'm the one who waits to clean, but then when I do I am fanatical about it and one room becomes an all day project but is white glove clean in the end.

Deep cleaning projects:
3 bedroom closets
Papers filed/shredded
Basement storage room purged and organized (that one is not going to happen soon as it involves DH, it's January, and the basement isn't heated)
Bookcases organized
Hall closet organized

Regular upkeep I need to become more regular in doing:
Kitchen floor
Upstairs bathroom
Vacuuming upstairs
Keeping coffee table cleared
Keeping dining room table cleared
Keeping on kids to keep their rooms cleaner (hard to do since I admittedly live in a glass house)

cody82414
01-02-2012, 02:15:56 PM
Welcome!!!

I got the Christmas decorations down and put away today.
Laundry is all done and put away
floors are swept, mopped and vacuumed
ready for a nap
in preparation for school resuming tomorrow :biggrin:

jenrose
01-02-2012, 03:04:41 PM
I've spent the entire day cleaning but I still have soooo much to do! Ugh

But I have actually gotten a lot done. But now I'm tired so I'm sorting campbells labels :whistle67:

cdarrow26
01-02-2012, 03:21:32 PM
I did get my dining room table cleaned off. I admit, some of the stuff just went in a box to sort and deal with later, but it makes the kitchen look a million times better.

I had the last 4 days off and thought I'd get a ton done, but, sadly didn't even make a dent. I did get the Christmas tree down and most of the decorations and wrapping crap packed up. It's not put away yet cuz I'm going to pull everything out of my storage area and either trash or donate all of the holiday stuff I no longer used.

I feel like I did 1000 loads of laundry and dishes in the past 4 days and it still isn't done. Back to work tomorrow. I wish I could figure out a way to keep up on stuff during the week, but, honestly, by the time I get home from work, I have the energy to make something to eat and collapse on the couch.

daisydog215
01-02-2012, 08:02:53 PM
Got some laundry done and about half of the kitchen deep cleaned. Actually moved things off the counter to clean rather than wipe around them. DH and kids took the tree down so I vacuumed up the aftermath.

cody82414
01-03-2012, 02:39:10 AM
Got some laundry done and about half of the kitchen deep cleaned. Actually moved things off the counter to clean rather than wipe around them. DH and kids took the tree down so I vacuumed up the aftermath.

Wooooo-hooooo!!:BigHand:
Don't tell my husband,
but I too actually got a for realz dust rag yesterday:wink7:

cody82414
01-04-2012, 01:09:24 AM
working on organizing the boys toys.
filled 4 totes yesterday
heading to Walmart to pick more up today.
Plan is to get everything up off the floors
and in it's place.

"No place, no space" :giggle1:

cody82414
01-04-2012, 04:31:59 PM
almost done with the toys.
super excited it's almost over:BigHand:

daisydog215
01-05-2012, 07:29:16 AM
Yesterday I put the rest of the Christmas decorations in their boxes and will hopefully get them put back into the attic tonight if DH can help.

Got all the papers that need to be filed. Went down to the filing cabinet in the basement and saw DH put all the suitcases in front of it. Will need to move everything before I can finish, so that got put on hold.

Got the upstairs bathroom half cleaned.

Got last week's inserts cut, started adding them in. Hope to finish that tonight too.

cody82414
01-05-2012, 08:58:29 AM
Working on revamping all of the plastics in the kitchen.

Out with the old, outdated, stained and single pieces....

cody82414
01-05-2012, 12:12:00 PM
have to let the puppy outside to potty
and am trimming back bushes and such while he does his thing.

this is awesome to finally get it done
with gorgeous weather in January:smile:

cody82414
01-05-2012, 01:35:01 PM
done with the toys, plastics and laundry.

if it was 'normal' weather,
I would be more like a sloth

daisydog215
01-05-2012, 04:10:57 PM
done with the toys, plastics and laundry.

if it was 'normal' weather,
I would be more like a sloth

You're on a roll, keep it up!

cdarrow26
01-05-2012, 04:24:37 PM
I have an AWESOME declutter calendar posted today by an online friend on another message board I use. I am going to try to post a link, but, if it doesn't work, check it out! I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but it looks great!
Index of /2012 (http://Www.mysimplerlife.com/2012)

cody82414
01-06-2012, 02:51:32 AM
You're on a roll, keep it up!

Thank you for the encouragement!

I am not sure what to take on next though....

so much to choose from :wink7:

cody82414
01-07-2012, 01:07:16 PM
maybe this thread should be combined with the Home Sweet Home Organizing Your Home thread :dontknow1:

I picked all of the pop cans up and bagged them for recycling in the spring.

CouponQueen23
01-16-2012, 03:50:19 PM
Today I decided to tackle some dust bunnies that have been driving me crazy. I used my handy dandy swifer thingy. I caught all the corners and my popcorn ceilings. I dusted all my picture frames on the walls. I also decided to paint my stand up toilet paper roller. When we bought it it was like a chrome color and being in the bath room the moisture has given it nasty rust spots all over it. So I decided to paint it light purple it matches the tone of purple in my wall paper and looks so much nicer now.

I also took apart my ds box fan from his room and cleaned the grates and fan blades now it looks like brand new. Also from our room a humidifier my dh insists on running when he sleeps ( for noise). I took that apart and vacuumed it and cleaned it all pretty. I tackled some pictures that I have been meaning to frame, and re arranged my entertainment center with my new photos and framed pictures. Everything is all clean and it makes me happy I was able to get that much done today seeing all the kids were home from school today. :)

IntoTheMystic
01-16-2012, 04:44:32 PM
I guess I've done more decluttering than deep cleaning lately. Today I cleaned out the bathroom vanity, and my dressing table. I threw out about 100 things- 1/2 used lotions, old makeup, hair products, etc. Next up...the dining room buffet and the laundry room, which is a catchall for all things without a home.

cody82414
01-17-2012, 02:04:25 AM
I cleared out the 'junk drawer'
put everything in a bag and put it in the basement.
LOL

I told you all I need help being motivated ;)

OneHotMomma
01-17-2012, 08:51:13 AM
I cleared out the 'junk drawer'
put everything in a bag and put it in the basement.
LOL

I told you all I need help being motivated ;)

:wavehi: Well, I'm right there with you; maybe we can keep each other on track. I've let some things slip that I had cleaned up, but now they aren't anymore.

CouponQueen23
01-17-2012, 09:29:30 AM
I was able to tackle my Laundry soap shelf and straighten that out tossed a lot of unnecessary things broken stuff that has been put there for mommy the fairy to fix and make it all better. Then took care of some molding the kids ripped off the walls Dh was going to tack back on the wall, a light fixture he took off the ceiling over a year ago ( I can't remember why but he never put it back on:rolleyes24:) While I had the step stool out I decided to vacuum the tops of my cabinets and popcorn ceiling in the kitchen.

Last week I finally got to my stock pile totes and rearranged my cupboards with all my stuff. ( Now I have a better idea of what deals to watch for.)

Later today if I am feeling up to it I will work on my kitchen cupboards the pots and pans cupboard and plastic storage cabinet :hectic: That is a total nightmare. I really need to do that when I am in the mood to toss things! Because there is so much junk in there that really needs to go.

Then I think I might run the swifer mop across the floors and call it a day. :biggrin: This belly is starting to slow this momma down right now so I go full steam ahead when I am feeling good then take a break. I keep trying to think of what else I really need to tackle before the baby #4 comes in March. I know it will be nothing but Bf'ing and dirty diapers then :giggle2:

cody82414
01-27-2012, 09:12:06 AM
yesterday when there was no HCW
I moved the stove out and cleaned behind it (NASTY)
i also wiped down the cabinets and sides of the oven.

This morning I defrosted the deep freezer
and am attempting to combine everything from the third freezer into the first two

cody82414
02-18-2012, 05:48:45 AM
just haven't made a move lately and not sure where to start:hectic:

guess I will step into my office for the first time in 3+weeks

CouponQueen23
02-18-2012, 06:13:35 AM
I think today I am going to tackle my bathrooms.

The shower curtain in my master bath I am starting to notice smells like stinky feet so I plan to take it off and toss in in the delicate cycle in the washer.

Catch some of the dust bunnies that are are flying away on the popcorn ceiling in the dinning room and kitchen then wipe of the ceiling fans again. Seem like a never ending battle during the inter months.

While straightening out the cabinets last week I found my swifter duster wand replacements so I am going to wipe my windows and blinds down.

I am pretty happy to report that in garbage day I was able to toss a ton of old inserts dating back to July ...lol I think now I have some inserts from Dec. to current. That was a good feeling to get those outta here!

Not to much else planned for the day.

cody82414
03-03-2012, 06:23:49 AM
my pantry is calling

IntoTheMystic
03-03-2012, 06:25:06 AM
Oh, sure, Cody! You would wake this thread up this morning so that I would see it. And I don't feel like doing anything today :wavehi:

cody82414
03-03-2012, 06:36:10 AM
Oh, sure, Cody! You would wake this thread up this morning so that I would see it. And I don't feel like doing anything today :wavehi:
:giggle1:

CouponQueen23
03-03-2012, 07:45:43 AM
Oh, sure, Cody! You would wake this thread up this morning so that I would see it. And I don't feel like doing anything today :wavehi: :hysterical:

I think today I am going to help Ds 13 yr old clear out his closet and part ways with his out grown clothes. Then have him clean his desk and show him the dust rag. :giggle2:

I have some stuff still in boxes from the baby shower I need to find a place to stick them in my closet. ( they are all bigger sizes for the baby to grow into)

On Tuesday I decided to give my living room floor and master bedroom floors a steam cleaning. I had a stain on the 2 little boys bedroom that needed to be cleaned so I took care of that then too.

Last Sunday I spent a good chunk of my day clearing all my catch-alls in the kitchen. I tossed hundreds of old receipts found a few incomplete rebates :sad3: Washed the walls, stove, fridge, microwave and anything else that could use it.

Today not really sure what I need or should tackle. Maybe I will take it easy and decorate the baby's changing table and oh I still needs to bring the carseat in from the shed it is brand new so I have to look it over and make sure I know how to make the adjustments so when the day comes we are good to go and I am not fumbling trying to figure it out. :wink7:

cody82414
03-04-2012, 08:26:01 AM
cleaning the refrigerator

Spongebear
03-04-2012, 10:16:46 AM
Carpets are getting shampood(sp) tomorrow. So today is moving things around and vaccuming.

IntoTheMystic
03-04-2012, 11:33:24 AM
Well, I actually did some cleaning yesterday, so I'm in good shape. I've been tied to my computer for 2 hours, working on our taxes. I just need receipts for DH's tools, and I'll be done. "What", you're asking? "Your DH is buying tools again?" "Do you want to kill him?" My reply: Yes, but first I need that receipt so I can deduct the tools. Then, it's off with his head.:whistle67:

cody82414
03-18-2012, 10:13:14 PM
light fixtures need some attention again:rolleyes24:

JulieDB
03-19-2012, 02:49:23 AM
All kitchen cupboards cleaned out. Still need to spray for weevils in the flour cupboard and put in new liner. Those thing have not come in the mail yet. Did buy some plastic containers to put the new food in. Hope they are the right size. Parts of the counters have been cleaned off. Have ordered a slim, wheeled shelf and a couple of stacking shelves for the top of the counter. I hope those will take care of the rest.

Now... How to keep the little kitty off of the counters? Mom seems to know that she isn't allowed up there. But the baby? Oh my...

CouponQueen23
03-19-2012, 07:00:47 PM
All kitchen cupboards cleaned out. Still need to spray for weevils in the flour cupboard and put in new liner. Those thing have not come in the mail yet. Did buy some plastic containers to put the new food in. Hope they are the right size. Parts of the counters have been cleaned off. Have ordered a slim, wheeled shelf and a couple of stacking shelves for the top of the counter. I hope those will take care of the rest.

Now... How to keep the little kitty off of the counters? Mom seems to know that she isn't allowed up there. But the baby? Oh my...

This might be a good time to fill a spray bottle with water :giggle2: When they get sprayed with water everytime they put thier paws on the counter or table they seem to learn pretty quick.

cody82414
04-11-2012, 01:32:39 AM
:bump91:

SouthernBelle5
06-21-2012, 12:28:15 PM
What happened to us? :giggle2:

Plan to mop all of the floors in the house tonight.

CouponQueen23
06-21-2012, 09:05:36 PM
LOL!! I have been busy keeping up on the outside of the house keeping the weeds out of my gardens and flower beds..
But Yesterday it was pretty warm out side so I decided to stay inside with the kids and they played with their Lincoln logs and I totally cleaned the refrigerator took all the trays and drawers out and soaked them in clorox water in the bath tub. I also cleaned all the dust bunnies out from the inners underneath the fridge and motor parts.
Today I gave the master bath a good scrubbing, and organized things in there.

Tomorrow I really need to wash the glass in my french doors I keep looking at my easter decorations in the glass panes and saying in gonna wash them Im gonna ah them and never do. So tomorrow that is my goal to get that glass washed :)

SouthernBelle5
06-22-2012, 06:28:07 AM
I didn't get the whole house done but did get both bedrooms, master bath and hallway mopped with Murphys Oil

cody82414
06-22-2012, 07:12:08 AM
Love Murphy's oil

cody82414
06-26-2012, 08:12:51 AM
I just wet vacked the 8 ft carpet area in front of the couch - the part that gets the dirtiest.
Next I will do the walkway from the door to the kitchen, which gets the second most traffic and filth.

cody82414
10-12-2012, 10:42:25 PM
:bump91:

everprincess
10-14-2012, 05:13:26 AM
This is my newest project. Room by room I'm deep cleaning. It looks sooooo good!!!! But I still more to go yet today. I love a nice peaceful clean environment to live in:smile:.

cody82414
10-14-2012, 05:35:23 AM
I was JUST thinking that your house must be immaculate!!!

everprincess
10-14-2012, 05:38:39 AM
It is getting there a little bit at a time.
I will finish the downstairs completely today.
Then it's back upstairs to finish up my office.
A little progress each day is doing the trick!

cody82414
11-17-2012, 08:30:10 AM
bumping this up,
cuz I need a kick start
and
I need some encouragement.

Anyone else?

cody82414
11-18-2012, 12:39:52 PM
I started in the kitchen.
washed all the walls and cabiinets
curtains, floor and counter tops
cleaned the windows and the sills
microwave, oven, dishwasher, stove top

everprincess
11-18-2012, 08:16:36 PM
You go Cody!!!

cody82414
11-19-2012, 06:04:59 AM
after I drop off the bys to school, I'm going to have the great room, hallway and my bedroom 'Stanley Steamered'

I need to DEEP clean both of the bathrooms.
With 5 boys, clean don't last long :rolleyes24:

everprincess
11-19-2012, 08:09:35 AM
after I drop off the bys to school, I'm going to have the great room, hallway and my bedroom 'Stanley Steamered'

I need to DEEP clean both of the bathrooms.
With 5 boys, clean don't last long :rolleyes24:

Ain't that the truth gf! I have to do the master bath again because of that stupid tiolet that keeps overflowing. Having a house with three full baths looked great to being with but now I hate them because they constantly need cleaning. Doesn't help to have two boys either!!! They are sooo messy. I can clean a room and the next day when I get home from work it is a disaster once again. But that is life I guess :rolleyes24: