PDA

View Full Version : September 2011 Living off your stockpile challenge..WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

to1drland
08-24-2011, 06:42:11 AM
Is anyone up for the SEPTEMBER challenge to live off of your stockpile and spend as little out of pocket as you can?

:fall2: :fall3: :fall1: :fall3: :fall2:

These are the guidelines:
*** We are going to do a one month challenge by living off your stockpile – only buying the bare necessities each week.
*** Post your results here.
*** you can chime in with your family's "living off stockpile" issues/results/recipes/receipts.

Exceptions:
1. Rolling RR, Catalinas, ECBs, existing gift cards
2. Rebate funds or proceeds from selling your existing stockpile that come in during the month.
3. Finding Items for FREE!!!

Can you do it?

what is included:

All food, alcohol and cigarettes. groceries, pops at the convenient stores cravings, fast food stops, Sam's club, one time a year co-op purchases, etc.
HBA/toiletries/cleaning products. hopefully we can all get the coupons we need and match them to the sales and rewards that go along with toothpastes, shampoos, cleaning supplies, diapers/wipes/formula etc.
pet food/care. For the most part, this is included in folks' budgets.
entertainment. Unless you specifically set aside money for entertainment, I consider it out of pocket, and then should be included.
couponing expenses. newspapers, magazines, stamps, coupons, envelopes, stickers, paper, printer ink, etc., all should be included in your oop.

what is not included: regular bills/loan payments such as mortgages, car payments, car repairs, gasoline, utilities: heating/cooling, gas, electric, water, cable/direct tv, phone/wireless, internet. Medical expenses.

Q&A's:
Q. What about fresh fruit, veggies, milk, eggs and bread?
A. Yes, these items would count in your out of pocket expenses. Buy all your necessities each week to go with what you already have in your pantry/freezer.

This is all about cleaning out your stockpile.

Q. Can we roll ECBs, RR, and Catalinas?
A. Of course! Only the out of pocket expenses count as what you have spent for the week.

Q. What about gift money? Or Rebate checks that come in during the month?
A. Simply speaking, my goal is to not spend money out of pocket, which IMO does not include Gift money or rebate money.

Of course we all have "standard" expenses, such as mortgage/rent, car payments, insurance, utilities, medications, etc. All 'other' money's: including groceries, fast food, hba, household items, entertainment, et al, that would make up your out of pocket expenses.

Q. My state taxes food. Does tax count into our oop?
A. Yes. Tax is part of our oop (unfortunately, for some of us )

Q. Do perscriptions count?
A. GOSH NO!!! PLEASE don't forego ANY medications or those for your loved one's. No. Perscriptions/meds do not count towards your oop balance.

Simply add your name & your goal amount to the wiki to join in!

A huge potluck envie goes to a random drawn participant that doesn't go "purple".

..........can you stay w/in your goal???:hectic:

cody82414
08-24-2011, 06:53:43 AM
I am in for September :wavehi:
And I am going to try for $400.00 total oop
cause that's all there is!

I need to find deals on:
shredded or block cheeses
ground beef
canned or jarred fruit
microwave popcorn

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 06:56:23 AM
Im in have to see how many weeks are in sept

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 07:04:16 AM
ok so 5 weeks
$750 in gas ~$150 weekly
375 food ~ $75 weekly
$25 in cricket food ~$5 weekly
$75 in coupons ~$25 weekly
$1,225 total great I am goona have the largest goal again

cody82414
08-24-2011, 07:38:48 AM
ok so 5 weeks
$750 in gas ~$150 weekly
375 food ~ $75 weekly

but you add your gas into the total - which is more than half of your total.

no worries!!

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 07:56:01 AM
but you add your gas into the total - which is more than half of your total.

no worries!!

thanks cody:smile::smile::smile:

jenrose
08-24-2011, 08:39:20 AM
I'm upping my goal a little this time. DS1's Bday party is this month, both boys start school again and my schedule it changing. Got lots to adjust too so figure my OOP may go up a bit while we all adjust. :wink7:

jenrose
08-24-2011, 08:41:01 AM
ok so 5 weeks
$750 in gas ~$150 weekly
375 food ~ $75 weekly

If it's $25 a week for 5 weeks wouldn't that be $125? :dontknow1:

actvmom
08-24-2011, 08:51:42 AM
Ook, I'll go with $400 again. If ya'll could see my calendar, you would say holey heck! Ihave something every single day, I don't know how I am gonna have time to cook.....

I think its about time to invest in another crockpot.... Or 4.

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 08:53:56 AM
If it's $25 a week for 5 weeks wouldn't that be $125? :dontknow1:

:hysterical:i cant add thanks jen:wink7:

kendra228
08-24-2011, 08:54:45 AM
ok so 5 weeks
$750 in gas ~$150 weekly
375 food ~ $75 weekly

Um, WHAT?? What do you feed that I am unaware of??

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 09:03:58 AM
Um, WHAT?? What do you feed that I am unaware of??

:hysterical:2 toads they are HUGE:rolleyes24: like the palm of your hand HUGE they eat 4 dozen lg crickets every week :hectic:
and crickets are .11 each:hectic::rolleyes24:

oh i do have a chicken question can I get chickens or peeps that will lay eggs? and do they lay all winter?:dontknow1:I am so not a farm girl:wink7:

saving-n-va
08-24-2011, 11:03:06 AM
:hysterical:2 toads they are HUGE:rolleyes24: like the palm of your hand HUGE they eat 4 dozen lg crickets every week :hectic:
and crickets are .11 each:hectic::rolleyes24:

oh i do have a chicken question can I get chickens or peeps that will lay eggs? and do they lay all winter?:dontknow1:I am so not a farm girl:wink7:

So glad you explained those crickets...:hysterical:. An episode of Everybody Loves Raymond popped into my head. The one where Robert dated the frog girl.

Can't help on the chicken question. I keep telling DH that we are getting some, he disagrees. lol.

I noticed Lowes (home improvement, not grocery) had fruit trees in. I need to finish up my research on fruit trees and decide what we are getting. I'm still considering the fruit cocktail trees. (the ones w/ different fruits on them).

Oh ok, I'm in by the way. I have $1100 left (plus some rebates) for the year. That's $275+ per month. September is going to be crazy. I'm putting out a big spread for the moving help, hosting a get together or two, AND....DS may be coming to stay with us. He can't find a job in FL. Plus student teaching.

So......I'm going to say $300 for Sept. (my $275 plus estimated rebate checks I haven't deposited). IF ds ends up moving in I might have to adjust a bit.

froggie3
08-24-2011, 11:16:31 AM
I'm in for September. We are going to say $300, and see how that works for a budget...this is a real work in progress now.

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 11:19:17 AM
So glad you explained those crickets...:hysterical:. An episode of Everybody Loves Raymond popped into my head. The one where Robert dated the frog girl.

Can't help on the chicken question. I keep telling DH that we are getting some, he disagrees. lol.

I noticed Lowes (home improvement, not grocery) had fruit trees in. I need to finish up my research on fruit trees and decide what we are getting. I'm still considering the fruit cocktail trees. (the ones w/ different fruits on them).

Oh ok, I'm in by the way. I have $1100 left (plus some rebates) for the year. That's $275+ per month. September is going to be crazy. I'm putting out a big spread for the moving help, hosting a get together or two, AND....DS may be coming to stay with us. He can't find a job in FL. Plus student teaching.

So......I'm going to say $300 for Sept. (my $275 plus estimated rebate checks I haven't deposited). IF ds ends up moving in I might have to adjust a bit.

ok wait what is a fruit cocktail tree I have never heard of such a thing

and again wait what you buget yearly? I am so confused

dh and I aggreed on chickens cause we go through 3 ish dozen eggs a week!:hectic:

SouthernBelle5
08-24-2011, 11:23:49 AM
$115 for me. Upping b/c stuff is increasing.

PS OP...WOW 20011 :giggle2:

froggie3
08-24-2011, 11:24:58 AM

We are traveling to the future next month. :hysterical:

cody82414
08-24-2011, 11:56:27 AM
I'm still considering the fruit cocktail trees. (the ones w/ different fruits on them).

I see Monsanto all over this :rolleyes24:

cody82414
08-24-2011, 11:59:17 AM
I'm in for September. We are going to say $300, and see how that works for a budget...this is a real work in progress now.

I would like to help if I can.
Do you have a meal plan? (I do not)
What is your current household size?
What are the important that you have to make?
and what are the changes that you would like to make?

It definately costs more to eat better though.

mommas2moody
08-24-2011, 12:01:16 PM
Lowes = fruit trees

I got to go check this out! :whistle67:

jenrose
08-24-2011, 12:11:11 PM
The one site online I just found that had that fruit cocktail tree says they can not ship it to my state. :dontknow1: That thing looks kinda cool!

froggie3
08-24-2011, 12:19:15 PM
I would like to help if I can.
Do you have a meal plan? (I do not)
What is your current household size?
What are the important that you have to make?
and what are the changes that you would like to make?

It definately costs more to eat better though.

I only have the next week planned so far, BUT I bought a calendar to plan it out for the month.

DH, myself, DS(3 turns 4 this month), DD(17mos in 2 weeks), and the cat(fat and ancient)

The important things are: most if not all pastured meats(beef, chicken, pork) or at least no GMO or antibiotics; wild seafood(only); pastured milk and yogurt(get it from farmer), and pastured eggs(again farmer).

My goals are to get us off of as much processed food as possible as soon as possible without totally blowing my budget day one.
I want to know WHAT is in the food I am feeding my family, to include eliminating GMO as much as possible(as quickly as possible with our budget).

I don't have a problem making from scratch(and enjoy it).

The things I KNOW the cost of weekly are:
milk ($6.75/gal)
yogurt ($4/qt)
eggs ($4/doz)

The cost of meats fluctuates based on what exact cut I buy because purchasing the 1/4 cow 1/2 pig didn't happen(house stuff was more important :whistle67:), so I can't go "all in" and get the big meat purchase now(that will be tax time).

I know eating better costs more now, but in the long run, it will "pay off".

saving-n-va
08-24-2011, 12:42:25 PM
ok wait what is a fruit cocktail tree I have never heard of such a thing

and again wait what you buget yearly? I am so confused

dh and I aggreed on chickens cause we go through 3 ish dozen eggs a week!:hectic:

Its a tree that has been grafted with more than one fruit to save space. They are semi-dwarf trees.

And yes, we put aside my grocery budget for the year into a separate account. So if I go over one money because of good deals, it usually balances out over the year.

No, not that I've seen in my research. And in this case I just don't care to be honest, we don't have the money to clear out all the shade at our new place and we want fruit trees. So...this is the only solution we can find.

But I have ordered organic and/or heirloom seeds already for next year.

The one site online I just found that had that fruit cocktail tree says they can not ship it to my state. :dontknow1: That thing looks kinda cool!

Just like you can't order (by mail) many citrus trees when you live in FL. You have to get them local. And yes they are cool especially when you don't want a TON of fruit. For most regular trees you have to have 2 of the same fruit to pollenate each other so 2 trees x each type of fruit you want would produce a LOT of fruit.

I can't wait to get my garden/mini orchard started.

froggie3
08-24-2011, 12:50:20 PM
No, not that I've seen in my research. And in this case I just don't care to be honest, we don't have the money to clear out all the shade at our new place and we want fruit trees. So...this is the only solution we can find.

But I have ordered organic and/or heirloom seeds already for next year.

The one site I found said they weren't GMO just grafts, which is pretty neat. That is why it is all stonefruit on one tree and all citrus on another.

Where did you get your organic and heirloom seeds, and how do you store them through the winter?

saving-n-va
08-24-2011, 01:30:09 PM
The one site I found said they weren't GMO just grafts, which is pretty neat. That is why it is all stonefruit on one tree and all citrus on another.

Where did you get your organic and heirloom seeds, and how do you store them through the winter?

I ordered them through Amazon (swagbucks!). Just a few packs to get free shipping..lol. I wanted a specific pepper (mini bells) so that's why I got them. I just put them in the fridge to keep them cool. Honestly the first seed I got were end of season, go them at Wags to be fillers for deals. They did really well considering I'm such a novice and we have very little sun here.

The rest of my seeds will wait until winter to be ordered. First I gotta get into the new house and get that garden measured, put in my 2 raised beds and see what else we might want to do.

froggie3
08-24-2011, 01:33:12 PM
I ordered them through Amazon (swagbucks!). Just a few packs to get free shipping..lol. I wanted a specific pepper (mini bells) so that's why I got them. I just put them in the fridge to keep them cool. Honestly the first seed I got were end of season, go them at Wags to be fillers for deals. They did really well considering I'm such a novice and we have very little sun here.

The rest of my seeds will wait until winter to be ordered. First I gotta get into the new house and get that garden measured, put in my 2 raised beds and see what else we might want to do.

Thanks. I didn't even think to put them in the fridge.

justmama
08-24-2011, 01:35:38 PM
Hello everyone :)

I've been MIA for quite a while. I've missed you guys. I got sick in May and have an endoscopy. They found i have an intestinal virus, narrowing esophagus and a hernia. Everything is fine now, but there was a couple days i was off. I had to have my esophagus stretched, and take meds for 21 days. That set off a series of events wrecking my entire weight lose. We also took a couple of vacations that made it impossible to eat right.

All of that to say, now that school has started for us, i'm back on track! I can't post too much during the day, but i'll try to stay on top of the posts! I'll be back later w/ a goal.

jenrose
08-24-2011, 01:42:08 PM
Welcome Back justmama. Hope your health problems are all under control now and you can get back to your routines.

cody82414
08-24-2011, 01:54:28 PM
Glad you are back justmama!!!

jkeating
08-24-2011, 03:05:14 PM
I'm in for September but not sure for how much yet.

When baby Catherine is born :BigHand::BigHand: I'll be spending 2 weeks in Texas. The plan is that my daughter and I do a lot of cooking/freezing of meals while I'm there. Will also be working on building her a stockpile. Also since I will be buying groceries (always do when I'm there) and there is no stockpile to live off of at my daughters (although my hair will be beautiful with her stockpile of Pantene) house massive amounts of groceries will have to be bought. Right now they get a lot of take out but that will change once she stops working. We're also going to work on a meal plan because she'll also be going to college full time at night starting in November.

Have a few more days to decide but I'm in.

captainQpin
08-24-2011, 05:34:09 PM
wow I would rather do that :whistle67:

[QUOTE=foggierbard9;3047922]milk ($6.75/gal)

thats why I havent gone natural in that area yet we drink a gallon a day:rolleyes24:

jenrose
08-24-2011, 07:57:00 PM

But make sure you sign up toay! Is that like Olay????

SquawMama
08-24-2011, 08:51:06 PM
I am in again for $600 in Sept ... I know its 5 weeks, but I have done really well in August & will be blowing the rest of Aug budget by month's end. So I think I will do fine ...??

I love the annual budget ... Wish I could pull thay off ... Goal for next year!

love the fruit cocktail trees too! Gotta see if the can survive the harsh winters in our zone

to1drland
08-24-2011, 10:16:49 PM
:giggle2: oh cody!:wink7:

Hello everyone :)

I've been MIA for quite a while. I've missed you guys. I got sick in May and have an endoscopy. They found i have an intestinal virus, narrowing esophagus and a hernia. Everything is fine now, but there was a couple days i was off. I had to have my esophagus stretched, and take meds for 21 days. That set off a series of events wrecking my entire weight lose. We also took a couple of vacations that made it impossible to eat right.

All of that to say, now that school has started for us, i'm back on track! I can't post too much during the day, but i'll try to stay on top of the posts! I'll be back later w/ a goal.

:welcomeback1:

ok....so apparently I should use spell check after having pitcher of Blue Moon the night before.:giggle2::dontknow1: guess I had my moment like M2M w/ the bad keyboard or rosebud w/ the "e" :hysterical:

to1drland
08-24-2011, 10:24:38 PM
all fixed now.:giggle2:

cody82414
08-24-2011, 10:47:41 PM
ok....so apparently I should use spell check after having pitcher of Blue Moon the night before.:giggle2::dontknow1: guess I had my moment like M2M w/ the bad keyboard or rosebud w/ the "e" :hysterical:

I figured it was something like that,
so I just left it alone :wink7:

it ain't as easy as it looks, now is it :giggle2:

froggie3
08-25-2011, 03:21:58 AM
wow I would rather do that :whistle67:

thats why I havent gone natural in that area yet we drink a gallon a day:rolleyes24:

Right now the kids are going through a gallon a week, about 3 mos ago, it was 2 gallons a week. Now they won't drink the other milk, they like the taste of this milk and yogurt better...which I don't mind because it made the switch over really smooth.

kendra228
08-25-2011, 03:47:31 AM
Todays pop up ad is JG Wentworth and I am lol-ing like crazy because my ex is being sued by them. Sure, buy a pool with your settlement/structured loan, don't pay your debts - big idiot. Anyway, I am loving the coincidence of this! :BigHand:

kendra228
08-25-2011, 04:05:04 AM
Todays pop up ad is JG Wentworth and I am lol-ing like crazy because my ex is being sued by them. Sure, buy a pool with your settlement/structured loan, don't pay your debts - big idiot. Anyway, I am loving the coincidence of this! :BigHand:

Okay, so obviously because I looked up their site last night, I am seeing the ads everywhere now, but I am still lol-ing, because my ex is a, well...this place is G-rated, right?? :giggle2:

SouthernBelle5
08-25-2011, 04:44:04 AM
well...this place is G-rated, right?? :giggle2:

Nope we get PG-13 around here :poke: :whistle67:

mommas2moody
08-25-2011, 06:26:07 AM
to1 - thank goodness that keyboard issue got taken care of long ago!!! Needless to say, the new one hasn't pissed DH off yet so it hasn't received a spankin. :wink7:

:poke: Now if you can read between the lines, it can get kinda R rated around here.... if your mind really starts to wonder, then it could even get X rated. :whistle67:

mommas2moody
08-25-2011, 06:28:09 AM
I forgot....

I read somewhere that you can store seeds in the freezer. This makes them think it's winter.

saving-n-va
08-25-2011, 06:42:58 AM
I forgot....

I read somewhere that you can store seeds in the freezer. This makes them think it's winter.

I've done that too.

Ok so...an earthquake (and a few aftershocks that I haven't noticed) and now a hurricane. I'm really concerned that people up here do not understand that just because the center is out in the ocean, the effects will be felt far away. They just said that Irene is the size of Katrina and Ike and moving slow like Frances. Tropical storm force winds 250 miles out from center.

froggie3
08-25-2011, 06:50:40 AM
I've done that too.

Ok so...an earthquake (and a few aftershocks that I haven't noticed) and now a hurricane. I'm really concerned that people up here do not understand that just because the center is out in the ocean, the effects will be felt far away. They just said that Irene is the size of Katrina and Ike and moving slow like Frances. Tropical storm force winds 250 miles out from center.

Yep, people looked at me funny yesterday when I bought bottled water and the 5 gallon gas can. We got a small generator from my parents(when mom came out because they got a whole house generator now) and we need a bigger gas can, the 2 gallon one for the mower won't be enough fuel. I told DH last night that we need to get the gas can filled and start up the generator to make sure it starts easy(of course he said, so we do that saturday :rolleyes24: ). Where our house is has changed to being bordered on the high/extreme threat on the map(depending on changes of course), so I want to make sure we have the things we need. Today I am going to pick up a second propane tank for the grill so we can cook if we lose power(another reason I hate electric stoves).

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 07:14:30 AM
umm is it supposed to hit pa???? I am about 3 hrs away from MD and really close to the state capitial harrisburg

froggie3
08-25-2011, 07:22:47 AM
umm is it supposed to hit pa???? I am about 3 hrs away from MD and really close to the state capitial harrisburg

yeah, part of PA is under an extreme threat right now, if you go to the weather channel page online you can see what they are predicting right now.

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 08:07:27 AM
thanks froggie ok so now I am freaked my old house is so screwed i am scrambling trying to figure out how to get my freezer out NOW its right beside a major river

froggie3
08-25-2011, 08:09:52 AM
thanks froggie ok so now I am freaked my old house is so screwed i am scrambling trying to figure out how to get my freezer out NOW its right beside a major river

I need to get the boxes off the basement floor, because if we lose power we lose the sump pump...so the generator would be running the sump pump and the well pump and probably that is it, I don't know how much it can support.

jenrose
08-25-2011, 08:13:16 AM
I need to get the boxes off the basement floor, because if we lose power we lose the sump pump...so the generator would be running the sump pump and the well pump and probably that is it, I don't know how much it can support.

What size is the generator?

We have a 2000 and it will run our pellet stove, the fridge, a lamp, the cable modem and probably something else small.

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 08:19:06 AM

oh sh** i forgot about the sump pump I just moved my whole stock pile down there and I do not have a gen. so now I am gonna lose that freezer ifthe power goes out :hectic: it there another way to make it run or get the water out?

to1drland
08-25-2011, 08:40:14 AM

We have a 2000 and it will run our pellet stove, the fridge, a lamp, the cable modem and probably something else small.

:hysterical: priorities right?:giggle2:

so....just found out the dogs that attacked Madison DO NOT have their shots.....awesome....NOT! :rolleyes24:

froggie3
08-25-2011, 08:41:58 AM

It is an 1800.

to1drland
08-25-2011, 08:50:11 AM
oh sh** i forgot about the sump pump I just moved my whole stock pile down there and I do not have a gen. so now I am gonna lose that freezer ifthe power goes out :hectic: it there another way to make it run or get the water out?

if your power goes out....do not open the freezer...it will be good for about 48 hours if it is full......which I'm guessing it is...since you are here w/ us.:wink7: other wise.....it's time to start eating freezer stuff.:wink7: & I'd put your stockpile up off the floor...just in case.

cody....seems my typing skills suffer when I'm hungover.:wink7:

jenrose
08-25-2011, 09:00:34 AM

The cable modem runs our internet. We don't plug in the TV to the generator but since we both have laptops we plug the modem in so we can get our fix. :whistle67: Plus without the modem we don't have any home phones either. The modem is very important. :giggle2:

to1drland
08-25-2011, 09:10:05 AM
The cable modem runs our internet. We don't plug in the TV to the generator but since we both have laptops we plug the modem in so we can get our fix. :whistle67: Plus without the modem we don't have any home phones either. The modem is very important. :giggle2:

ha....you can't live w/o your HCW fix huh?:giggle2:

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 09:13:13 AM
if your power goes out....do not open the freezer...it will be good for about 48 hours if it is full......which I'm guessing it is...since you are here w/ us.:wink7: other wise.....it's time to start eating freezer stuff.:wink7: & I'd put your stockpile up off the floor...just in case.

cody....seems my typing skills suffer when I'm hungover.:wink7:

umm I cant eat 2 lg frezzers full of food so worst case I guess the bucket theroy:dontknow1:

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 09:14:33 AM
man I hope someone posts and ad so i can order coupons before it hits:wink7:

to1drland
08-25-2011, 09:20:46 AM
umm I cant eat 2 lg frezzers full of food so worst case I guess the bucket theroy:dontknow1:

what is the bucket theory?
I would start by eating the things that won't be very good once they thaw & get soggy....french fries, boxed foods etc......any meat should last a few days if it's frozen solid.

jenrose
08-25-2011, 09:23:25 AM
ha....you can't live w/o your HCW fix huh?:giggle2:

We usually loose power for short periods of time several times a year. It also gives me a 'treat' to bribe the kids with when they start driving me crazy with no power. When they are bored beyond belief I let them play starfalls online. I usually get lots of cleaning done during power outages :giggle2:

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 09:32:22 AM
I would start by eating the things that won't be very good once they thaw & get soggy....french fries, boxed foods etc......any meat should last a few days if it's frozen solid.

i have 2 freezers full of pizza fish sticks cooking cream peroggies still cant spell that yougurt chicken pot pies and vodka & yeger :wink7:

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 09:32:58 AM
forgot all the orida stuff tatertos ff

to1drland
08-25-2011, 09:37:01 AM
i have 2 freezers full of pizza fish sticks cooking cream peroggies still cant spell that yougurt chicken pot pies and vodka & yeger :wink7:

pretty sure you won't have to worry about the vodka & jager.:giggle2: But you might need a couple drinks just to deal w/ the extra stress. like I said....don't open the door if you don't have to. (crossing my fingers for ya :fingerscrossed:)

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 09:59:44 AM

:giggle2:forcing everyone to carry water out with buckets:hysterical:kids and my mom included :hysterical:better than losing my whole stockpile right:whistle67::wink7:

cjpsmom
08-25-2011, 10:51:38 AM
In again...up'ed to $300 this month...I have a couple of more gaps I'd like to fill since prices are steady going up...

kendra228
08-25-2011, 11:56:28 AM
Nope we get PG-13 around here :poke: :whistle67:

I don't think I could even keep it PG-13. He has given me SUCH a hard time in the last 10 years. My son is counting the days till he turns 18 and no longer has to go up there. Sad.

jenrose
08-25-2011, 12:00:12 PM
Kendra I love that you have adopted CJ's name for you into your avatar and signature. I LOVE it!!!!!

cjpsmom
08-25-2011, 12:10:33 PM
I forgot to mention that (about kendoll)...I noticed this morn...too funny....;)

cody82414
08-25-2011, 03:50:15 PM
so....just found out the dogs that attacked Madison DO NOT have their shots.....awesome....NOT! :rolleyes24:

That 's awful :sad3:

KmmCo
08-25-2011, 04:13:53 PM
Since I will be on vacation most of Sept the budget amount is a ????. Anyway, I will try and keep track of my receipts while I am gone.

jenrose
08-25-2011, 04:17:28 PM
cjpsmom: 0/$300 (up'ed for hole fillinghttp://static.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif)

This cracked me up.....isn't it the men who are supposed to fill the holes? :whistle67:

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 04:36:41 PM
cjpsmom: 0/$300 (up'ed for hole fillinghttp://static.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif)

This cracked me up.....isn't it the men who are supposed to fill the holes? :whistle67:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: dont most men suck at that:whistle67::whistle67::whistle67:

captainQpin
08-25-2011, 04:40:22 PM

evil owners take care of your freakin dogs:hectic:...and I forget who is in the pic sorry short memory:whistle67:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::h ysterical::hysterical:my "e":hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

jkeating
08-25-2011, 04:45:48 PM

I get so annoyed at people who do not take care of their pets. I'm at my vet's office so often (having 2 dogs & 4 cats at present) that if they don't see me in a month or 2 they notice I've not been there. I once took Smokey cat to the vet because he lost his voice. He would meow and nothing would come out.

Keeping good thoughts for Miss Madison!

couponfan
08-25-2011, 05:05:00 PM
I am in for $200, really need to stock up on meats and lots of basics:rolleyes24:.
Hope everyone makes it thru the storm this weekend safe:smile:. I was affected by Katrina, and was not prepared for it at all:hectic:. We did not have power for 4 days, but we did have a generator:wink7:.

cjpsmom
08-25-2011, 05:30:45 PM

:evil9:I knew I could count on you to respond to that.:wink7:

kendra228
08-26-2011, 03:37:30 AM
I forgot to mention that (about kendoll)...I noticed this morn...too funny....;)

So glad you enjoyed a morning chuckle :giggle2:

to1drland
08-26-2011, 10:51:57 AM
neighbor from down the road stopped by today...all the dogs are updated on their shots now.:BigHand: at least they are taking steps to start being responsible pet owners.

rosebud- my avatar pic is Zane he is a catahoula...madison is the chow/lab mix.

hope everyone out east is ready for the rumble.....stay safe!

jenrose
08-26-2011, 12:55:09 PM
Ugh! I should have just stayed home today. Went to the devil to get the candy melts and TP for the camper. There was a whole shelf for the candy melts but they didn't have a single bag in stock :rolleyes24:. The camper TP wasn't where it should have been so didn't get that either. Yet I still managed to spend $59. Only $17 is reportable here though.

So then I went to Fredmeyer. Managed to find the TP there but still no candy melts. And the TP was my least favorite brand but it will work. Spent 6.55 there.

Then to Ben Franklin Crafts who had only milk or dark chocolate candy melts in stock and they were more expensive. But I bought 1 bag to do my test run with the cake pops. Hopefully Walmart restocks before I need the better looking ones for the bday snack. So that was 3.99.

Now I'm just gonna stay home. I was in a semi good mood when I left but between the boys being butts in the store and having to run around to find the 1 thing I needed now I'm moody. DS1 is pouting and DS2 keeps making everything into a major ordeal. :rolleyes24:

jenrose
08-26-2011, 01:13:00 PM
And I posted that in the wrong month. LOL.....I'll add all that to my August total not my Sept total LOL

mommas2moody
08-26-2011, 01:59:16 PM
Wow everything around here has been dead. :dontknow1:
I have been off doing odds and ends around the house. And looking at amazon :whistle67: to order my food mill just to discover a 4-for-3 promo that I want to take advantage of (using swagbucks) but can't decide what to get without blowing DH's entire paycheck.

I see parts of SC are already seeing Irene.... hope everyone stays safe.

xmas tree
08-26-2011, 07:26:26 PM
Hi everybody.
I am back for the september challenge.
Had to get my life in order for a while. Started a new job, had my daughter move back in, some health issues and so on.
Anyway back again and will do my best to stay with the 500 that I am planning on.:wavehi:

poopsinka
08-26-2011, 07:35:43 PM
I'm in again for $320. We had a terrible case of stomach virus for the past two weeks, so I blew my August budget (mostly on Pedialyte...ugh!!) but everyone seems to be better in the house, and I'm ready for a challenge again. ODS has a Birthday party this month, so we'll see how it goes.

justmama
08-26-2011, 07:50:39 PM
I'm going to go w/ $400. That's groceries only, eating out is a different budget.

It includes all needs for
2 adults
2 kids ds9 and ds13
2 dogs
3 cats
9 chickens
1 goat
15 fish :)

kittynip
08-27-2011, 09:12:49 AM
I'm in for September. In a moment of complete optimism I am lowering my goal to $112.50. This is for 1.2 adults, 2 little oinker cats, 2 fish and dog snacks so BF's pitbull will always love me.

cody82414
08-28-2011, 12:48:26 AM
Hi everybody.
Had to get my life in order for a while. Started a new job, had my daughter move back in, some health issues and so on.
Anyway back again and will do my best to stay with the 500 that I am planning on.:wavehi:
happy that you are back :wavehi:

to1drland
08-28-2011, 04:27:45 PM
Hi everybody.

:excited1:

welcome back!:wavehi:

to1drland
08-28-2011, 04:29:06 PM
cody......I just saw you reached your declutter goal! that's awesome!:BigHand:
wanna come do my house now?:wink7::giggle2:

cjpsmom
08-28-2011, 04:42:24 PM
Welcome back xmas and poopsi...glad to see ya again...;)

jenrose
08-28-2011, 04:44:02 PM

I already asked her to do mine and she just laughed at me. :giggle2:

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:57:50 PM

jenrose called first dibs :giggle2:

cody82414
08-28-2011, 05:58:28 PM
I already asked her to do mine and she just laughed at me. :giggle2:

it's true.
I laughed :biggrin:

to1drland
08-28-2011, 08:21:52 PM
jenrose called first dibs :giggle2:

but I'm closer!:wink7:

jenrose
08-29-2011, 07:12:26 AM
but I'm closer!:wink7:

Exactly, so I'm more of a vacation. :whistle67:

kbullsexy07
08-29-2011, 07:41:50 AM
I'm in for $300!!

to1drland
08-29-2011, 07:53:32 AM
Exactly, so I'm more of a vacation. :whistle67:
:razz45:

cjpsmom
08-29-2011, 08:05:49 AM
Hey....wait a minute...I've got fall coming up here...which means cooler weather for cody to work in...with no chance of snow or cold temps here...just cool...and she can have her own tv on Sunday for her games (popcorn supplied)...and score some pecans while she visits (if she times it right)...and it'll prolly still be warm enough to swim if she gets a hankerin' (and is brave)...whatcha say cody...up for the REAL challenge?...I'd really like to get into my craft room again...

cjpsmom
08-29-2011, 08:06:23 AM
and I think I'm even farther maybe....

cody82414
08-29-2011, 08:14:42 AM
hmmmmmmm.
IA, WA, GA

now I am seriously in a connundrum (sp):hectic:

cjpsmom
08-29-2011, 08:32:32 AM
Just remember.....Georgia's always on your mind....;)

cody82414
08-29-2011, 08:48:22 AM
trying to work out the M&M's and Orville Redenbacher entertainment cash rebate
to go along with the Wag's sale on M&Ms.

kimandkathess
08-29-2011, 09:15:56 AM
I am signing up :)

My goal is $700 for 2 Adults, 3 kids, 1 kitty and 1 hamster.....also
I am going green/organic/natural and have NONE of that stuff yet.
ALSO I run a daycare out of my home and feed up to 8 extra kids on a daily basis :)
This includes HBA and food.

jenrose
08-29-2011, 09:18:45 AM
I still have first dibs. :pursefight45:

:giggle2:

actvmom
08-29-2011, 09:37:36 AM
CJ, don't forget to throw in that her DSS is stationed at Eglin, and thats only a few short hours away.

I'm not choosing sides ladies, just throwing that out there. LOL!

cjpsmom
08-29-2011, 10:33:28 AM
CJ, don't forget to throw in that her DSS is stationed at Eglin, and thats only a few short hours away.

:BigHand:I forgot...thanks actv:wink7:

xmas tree
08-29-2011, 01:06:59 PM
YEAH!!! We have power back and TV and internet.:BigHand:

jenrose
08-29-2011, 01:16:19 PM

traitor!!!! :giggle2:

VivaciousJewelz
08-29-2011, 04:59:37 PM
I'm in again. I put down $200, but I secretly wish to come out at about $100. Doubt that will actually happen though.

mommas2moody
08-29-2011, 05:54:53 PM

:BigHand:
I have friends in York and they never lost power..... yes she was thankful for that as she was still able to entertain the kids with the computer. :wink7:

saving-n-va
08-29-2011, 06:55:46 PM
Just stopping in to say HI! I'll be working on a menu plan after we get moved this weekend. Who else is gonna post their plan? Come on ladies if I can do it with my chaos going on right now, you can too!

Here's how I THINK my general plan will look while student teaching:
Monday - Freezer meal or "helper"
Tuesday - leftovers (meetings and college mentor call)
Wednesday - beans and rice or pasta and sauce
Thursday - Crockpot meal - another college/meeting call this night
Friday - pizza/tacos/sloppy joes - something easy as traffic is a nightmare on Fridays - OR eat out or freezer meal
Saturday - A nice meal with enough for Tuesday leftovers
Sunday - Crockpot meal w/ leftovers or soup and sandwich day (salad too for me)

I'll be trying to do some freezer meal cooking once we get settled into our new place.(lasagna, brown ground beef, soup, italian beef, etc) Right now the name of the game is to just get us fed. Kinda in survival mode until I'm done student teaching.

I'll check in after we get moved!

everprincess
08-29-2011, 08:03:18 PM

That's where DH was born. I put myself in the wiki. I have not decided on a goal yet. Dad saw my shelves in the computer room and my coke towers and he told DH that it could be considered "hoarding":giggle2:. Oh no you didn't just say the "H" word to me :nono77:.

kris*g
08-29-2011, 08:25:03 PM
I'm in for September. I need some accountability. My husband recently took a pay cut at work :(. Unfortunately, I'm starting the month without *too* much stockpile. My budget is $700 for the month for three adults, a teen, a dog and a cat. See if we can come in well below that.

VivaciousJewelz
08-29-2011, 08:56:42 PM

Awesome!! I know you're thrilled about that!

Finally sat down and did my entire budget for September. If I play things right, I might just be in the green for the month. :giggle2:

to1drland
08-29-2011, 09:57:41 PM
Hey....wait a minute...I've got fall coming up here...which means cooler weather for cody to work in...with no chance of snow or cold temps here...just cool...and she can have her own tv on Sunday for her games (popcorn supplied)...and score some pecans while she visits (if she times it right)...and it'll prolly still be warm enough to swim if she gets a hankerin' (and is brave)...whatcha say cody...up for the REAL challenge?...I'd really like to get into my craft room again...

hmmmmmmm.
IA, WA, GA

now I am seriously in a connundrum (sp):hectic:

ok...now seriously.....you know the cold weather is NOT gonna scare cody...she loves the snow remember! & besides she would get hot down there in that Bears hat of hers! she won't need her own TV here...we watch the bears!...In Iowa...we actually have the Bears games on TV....just sayin!:poke::whistle67:

cody82414
08-30-2011, 01:14:31 AM
ok...now seriously.....you know the cold weather is NOT gonna scare cody...she loves the snow remember! & besides she would get hot down there in that Bears hat of hers! she won't need her own TV here...we watch the bears!...In Iowa...we actually have the Bears games on TV....just sayin!:poke::whistle67:
Awwwww!
You gals sure know how to welcome a girl back

:welcomeback1:

mommas2moody
08-30-2011, 06:53:11 AM
:wavehi: Welcome Newbies!

Not saying it will happen but I have a goal of getting my Sept spending reported today. :rolleyes24:

mommas2moody
08-30-2011, 07:03:16 AM
I had to join in on the fun too. :whistle67:

kimandkathess
08-30-2011, 12:46:14 PM
I am signing up :)

My goal is $700 for 2 Adults, 3 kids, 1 kitty and 1 hamster.....also
I am going green/organic/natural and have NONE of that stuff yet.
ALSO I run a daycare out of my home and feed up to 8 extra kids on a daily basis :)
This includes HBA and food.

you forgot me :(:sad3:

jenrose
08-30-2011, 12:50:42 PM

The wiki is for everyone to add themselves to. Just click the edit button and add yourself in any color you want. :biggrin:

cjpsmom
08-30-2011, 12:56:54 PM
I had to join in on the fun too. :whistle67:
:giggle2:Yeah, I hear y'all wanna come play with the big dogs.:wink7:

Who forgot you?:dontknow1:

cjpsmom
08-30-2011, 01:10:02 PM
Welllll. we may have a cold snap.:wink7:

jenrose
08-30-2011, 01:23:15 PM
Welllll. we may have a cold snap.:wink7:

:hysterical: You are really trying to think of everything aren't ya!

cjpsmom
08-30-2011, 01:43:18 PM
:hysterical: You are really trying to think of everything aren't ya!

Shhhhhhh, I'm trying....even though our cold snaps are only about high 20's in the dead of winter....for all of like a few hours.:giggle2:

everprincess
08-30-2011, 01:44:24 PM
Love your new look-CJ-Bulldogs..bite..lol

jenrose
08-30-2011, 02:25:35 PM
I hate this time of the year. Ya'll change your avatars and then I have to reallly pay attention to know who said what LOL.

And today my brain is asleep so I'm hopeless! hehehe

captainQpin
08-30-2011, 04:13:48 PM
ok spending

15.95 coupons
giant pa misc grocerys staps envies ect (explaine later)

karns 20# ckn 10 doz eggs preg test bowl of nasty crab soup ($5.96)

paper $2

$133.23

actvmom
08-30-2011, 04:52:30 PM
Pregnancy test????? Was it positive??????

actvmom
08-30-2011, 04:53:44 PM
You know, I got pregnant with DD after Hurricane Erin. And when Hurricane Opal came around 6 weeks later and I had morning sickness, oh man! Not a fun car trip to evacuate!

captainQpin
08-30-2011, 05:00:21 PM
Pregnancy test????? Was it positive??????

didnt take it yet not sure i have too look at a calander to see when we did it:whistle67:(im not reg) but for some reason dh doesnt wanna wrap it up and knows i am not on anything but dosent want me preg right now its like he has no idea where babies come from:dontknow1: and we do "it" like 5x a week so Im like HELLO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GONNA HAPPEN:rolleyes24:

captainQpin
08-30-2011, 05:06:32 PM
You know, I got pregnant with DD after Hurricane Erin. And when Hurricane Opal came around 6 weeks later and I had morning sickness, oh man! Not a fun car trip to evacuate!

oh wow thats so cute guess the power was out durring Hurricane Erin:whistle67::wink7:

actvmom
08-30-2011, 06:28:03 PM
I would be scared to death every month.:giggle2:

Yea, the power was out after Erin, so what else was there to do???:whistle67:

kimandkathess
08-30-2011, 06:33:57 PM
I was not forgotten lol......i totally forgot about the wiki....just smack me alright :)

captainQpin
08-30-2011, 06:57:15 PM
great remember when the 4wheeler was stolen? well the guy accross the street said he smelled something funny cloves.....hubby had to go to work to check on a door he left unlocked and as soon as he steped out side guess what he smelled....cloves and I am the only one on my side of the road and everyone else on my street is old and in bed except me and the guy accross the street so now i am freaked

captainQpin
08-30-2011, 07:18:18 PM
well that wasnt plesent i just sent someone a grumpy email about coupons:sad3::rolleyes24:

justmama
08-30-2011, 08:37:16 PM
I haven't caught up. But wanted to check in we are on hour 80...yes EIGHTY...with out power, thanks to Irene. We are staying at my brother's tonight ( he has power). No air, no hot water, no lights, makes me crazy after a couple of days. Lost my entire freezer stockpile, all the screens on my windows (can we say mosquito haven....) and minor siding damage. Still waiting (day 3) for the insurance to come so i can make a claim. I took the boys to the library today and we were there for 4 hours. It was cool, bright and the boys could get some school work done using their wifi. I am praying to have power by Friday anything before that would be a blessing.

Spongebear
08-30-2011, 09:01:10 PM
Im in for $200. Will add myself to the wiki.

cody82414
08-31-2011, 02:16:25 AM
I was not forgotten lol......i totally forgot about the wiki....just smack me alright :)

You have a lot going on right now,
so we will let this one slide :smile:

cody82414
08-31-2011, 02:17:36 AM
I haven't caught up. But wanted to check in we are on hour 80...yes EIGHTY...with out power, thanks to Irene.

So sorry :sad3:

jkeating
08-31-2011, 03:16:25 AM
I haven't caught up. But wanted to check in we are on hour 80...yes EIGHTY.

Hope you get power back soon.

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 03:57:37 AM
I haven't caught up. But wanted to check in we are on hour 80...yes EIGHTY...with out power, thanks to Irene.
You poor thing....hope all is fixed really soon....sorry about the freezer.:sad3:

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 03:58:49 AM
ep-thanks...I wanted to find a pic of him on his ice bag;)

actvmom
08-31-2011, 04:48:59 AM
Mama, I can totally relate. I am so sorry. I hope you get power soon. Being qithout power is the most miserable thing in the world.

cody82414
08-31-2011, 05:39:51 AM
Mama, I can totally relate. I am so sorry. I hope you get power soon. Being qithout power is the most miserable thing in the world.

and for that long :rolleyes24:
ugh!!!

cdarrow26
08-31-2011, 06:35:47 AM
Hi ladies! Just checking in...probably won't participate in Sept cuz it'll still be awhile til I'm out and about. Still feeling pretty well overall. Yesterday was a bit of a rough day and woke up with a headache today, but, making some progress every day I think. Hope everyone is well. Trying to read along when I can to stay caught up with everyone...:smile:

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 07:21:54 AM
ok i am done i quit ugh they are driving me crazy!!!

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 08:09:44 AM
Keep getting better CD!;)

mommas2moody
08-31-2011, 08:15:26 AM
Hi ladies! Just checking in...probably won't participate in Sept cuz it'll still be awhile til I'm out and about. Still feeling pretty well overall. Yesterday was a bit of a rough day and woke up with a headache today, but, making some progress every day I think. Hope everyone is well. Trying to read along when I can to stay caught up with everyone...:smile:

:BigHand: for progress!
You will be moving around before you know it. :smile:
Do stay in touch.

I'm off to go have lunch with Dad. :biggrin:

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 08:27:11 AM
get better cd

Spongebear
08-31-2011, 08:33:37 AM
Might need to increase my budget bc I have craters in my stockpille. Need to check out FL and Lf add.

actvmom
08-31-2011, 09:10:10 AM
I'm on the look out for tea deals. I opened the last of a stack of tea boxes last night. Just so you know, I have about 30 more boxes, but I don't like to look at that hole.:hysterical:

cody82414
08-31-2011, 09:15:12 AM
Might need to increase my budget bc I have craters in my stockpille. Need to check out FL and Lf add.

I'm on the look out for tea deals. I opened the last of a stack of tea boxes last night. Just so you know, I have about 30 more boxes, but I don't like to look at that hole.:hysterical:

so glad that I m not the only one who will be looking to stockpile some this month:wavehi:

everprincess
08-31-2011, 09:17:33 AM

LF is up just need to add the last two pages of stuff. Ketchup is cheap 0.50ac and Planters PB is free with the 0.75/1 inserts.

Spongebear
08-31-2011, 09:40:10 AM

I need a tea deal aswell. I wish I had 30 boxes. Also my condensed milk is low. And the one that is devastating. My coke supply is down to maybe 6 cases. I feel my chest tightening.

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 10:02:47 AM
i am down to my last 4 cases soda all i can find right now is pepsi dh hates it..and 5 things aluminum foil:hectic::sad3:

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 10:18:29 AM
EP-Going to miss Meggers :sad3:.

What'd I miss?

actvmom
08-31-2011, 10:35:30 AM
What are you talking about? Where is Meggers going?

jenrose
08-31-2011, 11:18:47 AM
:hb1: Spongebear!

jenrose
08-31-2011, 11:19:18 AM
Megger's siggy looks like she is leaving but also says she is going on vacation for 2 weeks!

actvmom
08-31-2011, 11:49:37 AM
Happy birthday spongebear!!!!!!

VivaciousJewelz
08-31-2011, 12:13:12 PM
Question... How long would cooked chicken be good if it's in the refrigerator? A week?

froggie3
08-31-2011, 12:21:33 PM
Question... How long would cooked chicken be good if it's in the refrigerator? A week?

3-4 days is the recommendation.

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 12:23:32 PM
umm jewls i say 4 days but i am no expert:dontknow1:
happy b day sbear:BigHand:

and I called my local bs paper and I can pick up as many free papers as I want so after tomorrow I will have 20 sets of 4 dollar doublers:BigHand::biggrin::whistle67:..so my febreese air effects will be
80 @ 2.49=199.20
-80 in coupons
-80 in dollar doublers
-$120 in gas

so an $80.80 mm on gas and the lady told me I can take as many as i want from now on:BigHand: no next time dollar doubles come out i am so there:hysterical:

cody82414
08-31-2011, 12:23:39 PM
Megger's siggy looks like she is leaving but also says she is going on vacation for 2 weeks!

didn't ep lose a family pet recently?

actvmom
08-31-2011, 12:31:25 PM
Jewels, don't ask me or CJ. We would say, if it smells good, eat it!

I've gotten soooooo sleepy all of a sudden. Glad there is no dance tonight. I see an early bedtime for me tonight......

Poor DD is having to learn how to function on less sleep. She insists on not cutting out any dance classes, and is in all advance or AP classes, so she is having to stay up late every night to keep up with school. I told her the second I see her grades going down, she is losing some dance.

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 12:33:10 PM
Happy bday spongy

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 12:37:43 PM
Jewels, don't ask me or CJ. We would say, if it smells good, eat it!

I've gotten soooooo sleepy all of a sudden. Glad there is no dance tonight. I see an early bedtime for me tonight......

:hysterical:I was thinking that but didn't want to type it.:giggle2:

I don't blame you on the dancing.

jenrose
08-31-2011, 12:40:06 PM
Did ya'll see that 20 & 22 year old who tried to sue their mom for being a bad mother? Reading thru the stuff on it I was like, she sounds like a good mother to me. God forbid she didn't put money in a birthday card and made her daughter come home at midnight from a homecoming party! :rolleyes24: I'm so glad that judge threw out the case!

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 12:49:08 PM
i think i am going on a feild trip tomorrow i NEED to get out of the house...I am going here The Crayola FACTORY® at Two Rivers Landing (http://www.crayola.com/factory/index.cfm)

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 12:49:42 PM
Did ya'll see that 20 & 22 year old who tried to sue their mom for being a bad mother? Reading thru the stuff on it I was like, she sounds like a good mother to me. God forbid she didn't put money in a birthday card and made her daughter come home at midnight from a homecoming party! :rolleyes24: I'm so glad that judge threw out the case!

glad i dont rean the news:rolleyes24:

VivaciousJewelz
08-31-2011, 01:32:42 PM
Wow, only 3-4 days... Darn! Looks like it's ham and rice for dinner tonight then since I don't have any defrosted meat. Never again will I be cooking for last minute guests, they just made me waste 2 pieces if chicken!!!! Not cool.

I applied for a hostess/bar tending night job today to supplement my temping during the day. I kinda hope I get it because I need all kinds of money right now.

I can't believe there are still people without power. :sad3:

Spongebear
08-31-2011, 02:05:24 PM
:hb1: Spongebear!

Happy birthday spongebear!!!!!!

Thank you :)

Spongebear
08-31-2011, 02:07:08 PM
Happy bday spongy

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 02:20:32 PM
ok so I am very happy with my self i made dinner 2x in a row so far this week spinach lagsanga is on the oven woohoo!

VivaciousJewelz
08-31-2011, 02:22:31 PM
Happy birthday, Spongebear, sorry I'm behind everyone else. :wink7:

I just downloaded a new app for my iPad and I discovered I can make as many tabs as I want, so I made a meal planning tab so I can start planning in advance what I'm going to make every day.

Can anyone believe tomorrow is the first day of September??

KmmCo
08-31-2011, 02:38:18 PM
i think i am going on a feild trip tomorrow i NEED to get out of the house...I am going here The Crayola FACTORY® at Two Rivers Landing (http://www.crayola.com/factory/index.cfm)

Looks like a blast for little ones.

Cooking a pork roast today for dinner. Garden veggies, salad, and Rhodes dinner rolls to go with it. Should be enough leftovers for tomorrow's dinner.

Lunch today was easy - DH brought some prepackaged footlong sandwiches home last night from the USO - they expired yesterday. My son and I split one and split a fresh Colorado peach to go along with it. (I had to peel of some of the yucky lettuce from the sandwich, but I just replaced it with some I had. Also added some garden tomato slices and some onion that I had.) They were donated from sky chef and DH said there were a lot of them, so they must have had extras because of all the cancelled flights this last weekend. I can't believe people actually pay $11 -$12 for airline meals. The sandwiches weren't all that impressive - ham, processed cheese, and lettuce on a hoagie. I can make better sandwiches for a tenth the price!!!!

This weekend - garage sale!!! Easy meals on the plan like Pizza Rolls for lunch!

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 03:21:23 PM
can you ladies help me with something:sad3:

ok so i have to ask parking garages eversince the oklahoma city bombing i have been scared to the point of almost panic attacks in school we were forced to watch the news coverage and read the alot of the papers :sad3: so now i am scared ...i wanna go some where next week that requires me to park in one i think i can handle it but anyone have anytips or such for me I have never even steped foot in one yet pathtic i know but just maybe anything too make it eaiser? my mom has never been in one ever so she is no help and dh is an itiot:rolleyes24:

couponfan
08-31-2011, 03:31:02 PM
:hb77:SpongeBear!!!

belinda2
08-31-2011, 03:35:16 PM
Rosebud17, cannot help you about the parking garage but am so jealous of the extra papers.

mommas2moody
08-31-2011, 03:41:12 PM
Oh SNAP! almost at $100 and it's not even a week into the challenge. :rolleyes24:

With that amount I will get a $5 GC back and got 9c AC cereal!:BigHand:
I plan in getting more cereal. :whistle67:

VivaciousJewelz
08-31-2011, 03:44:40 PM
Rosebud, I would suggest you take DH or your best friend or someone you really trust to a place with a parking garage before that day. I would start by just driving past one and then parking on the street and then walking inside the bottom floor... Get used to it as much as you can before you actually have to do it.

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 04:19:30 PM
I applied for a hostess/bar tending night job today to supplement my temping during the day. I kinda hope I get it because I need all kinds of money right now.

I hope you get it!!:smile:

Can anyone believe tomorrow is the first day of September??
No...this entire year has flown by.....:rolleyes24:

can you ladies help me with something:sad3:

ok so i have to ask parking garages eversince the oklahoma city bombing i have been scared to the point of almost panic attacks in school we were forced to watch the news coverage and read the alot of the papers :sad3: so now i am scared ...i wanna go some where next week that requires me to park in one i think i can handle it but anyone have anytips or such for me I have never even steped foot in one yet pathtic i know but just maybe anything too make it eaiser? my mom has never been in one ever so she is no help and dh is an itiot:rolleyes24:
Girl, I'd love to help but.....there ain't a parking garage for hundreds miles around here.:giggle2: (I've never been in one either):wink7:

Oh SNAP! almost at $100 and it's not even a week into the challenge. :rolleyes24:

With that amount I will get a $5 GC back and got 9c AC cereal!:BigHand:
I plan in getting more cereal. :whistle67:
Is that really the word you were looking for?:wink7:
Good deal on the cereal...I'm getting kinda low...where'd you get it?:whistle67:

captainQpin
08-31-2011, 04:22:09 PM
come up here cjp I have 400-500 boxes :whistle67:

VivaciousJewelz
08-31-2011, 04:23:23 PM
Me too! If they just hire me, I'm sure a pretty little thang like me can charm the men into running up a huge bar tab. :wink7:

everprincess
08-31-2011, 04:55:44 PM
I hope you get it!!:smile:

No...this entire year has flown by.....:rolleyes24:

Girl, I'd love to help but.....there ain't a parking garage for hundreds miles around here.:giggle2: (I've never been in one either):wink7:

Is that really the word you were looking for?:wink7:
Good deal on the cereal...I'm getting kinda low...where'd you get it?:whistle67:

I have a bunch but with the way my "boys" eat it I would still buy more if it's less than $1.00 a box. Not today though I'm completely wiped out. I got more boxes down from the attic and started filling a 50 gallon trash can with old papers. Got 3 more put up there and tommorrow after I get my month end stuff run I plan on doing more. Slowing down is good for me for now but I know it won't last long.

cjpsmom
08-31-2011, 05:06:23 PM
I have a bunch but with the way my "boys" eat it I would still buy more if it's less than $1.00 a box. Not today though I'm completely wiped out. I got more boxes down from the attic and started filling a 50 gallon trash can with old papers. Got 3 more put up there and tommorrow after I get my month end stuff run I plan on doing more. Slowing down is good for me for now but I know it won't last long.

It never does when you need it.:wink7:

everprincess
08-31-2011, 06:43:54 PM
It never does when you need it.:wink7:

So glad we are off on Monday-no labor on Labor day that drives daddy nuts :giggle2:. I seriously got injured today in the attic. I hit my head on the wooden board above the opening to go down and I had sunglasses on my head :rolleyes24:. Then I scraped my elbow on the spring going down. DH was like honey I think that's enough for today :hysterical:. My dad said today "what's with you cleaning". I said I'm sick to death of junk everywhere I turn. On that note my deep cleaning project beings this weekend. Look out trash man here I come to make your day:hysterical:. Off to finish up some chores and hit the Nyquil shooters so I can get some sleep:whistle67:.

Spongebear
08-31-2011, 08:12:26 PM
Happy birthday, Spongebear, sorry I'm behind everyone else. :wink7:

:hb77:SpongeBear!!!

VivaciousJewelz
08-31-2011, 08:50:06 PM
I'm thinking about using my Swagbucks/Opinion Outpost money to buy a crock pot from Amazon. Is that a good investment? I don't have one now.

kbullsexy07
08-31-2011, 09:53:18 PM
Redbox $1.08
Pizza $6.00
Car Wash $2.00

$9.08

to1drland
08-31-2011, 10:35:29 PM
life is just plain crazy here...gotta get this kitchen project moving faster!:hectic: Will be working like a dog for a few days, so I can slack off sat. for the IA game. Dh has been being a real big azz lately!:rolleyes24: sent out $12 in rebates today.:BigHand: picked green beans again....and they are still blooming.:biggrin: tons of ripe tomatoes right now too. pears are almost ready....that is really gonna get me behind on the canning.:dontknow1:

froggie3
09-01-2011, 03:43:54 AM
I'm thinking about using my Swagbucks/Opinion Outpost money to buy a crock pot from Amazon. Is that a good investment? I don't have one now.

Depends on if you will use it or not. I have 2 crockpots and wish I had a 3rd. Mine are both different sizes. I use mine all the time to cook dinner in but I also make stock in mine as well.

froggie3
09-01-2011, 03:46:07 AM
Another day of not being able to leave the house, well at least not until DH gets home, the other guy is still borrowing DH's work truck. I really hate not having a vehicle during the day.

I am hoping DH gets home at a decent time tonight so we can eat and I can run to Bloom for the Super Doubles....never shopped a Super Doubles before, but we need a few things, and I really just need out of the house, by myself.

jkeating
09-01-2011, 04:21:23 AM
Happy September 1st all!

Can't believe how summer has flown by. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend, working 1 day and having 5 more days off.

I'm getting very excited. I talked to my daughter last night and she went to the doctors. She's already 3 centimeters dilated. I know that babies take their own sweet time and she's not due till 9/23 but....:BigHand::BigHand:!!!! I had to put in my vacation schedule in advance to cover the time I need to take off. Put in 1 week prior to her due date and 2 weeks after. If we have to juggle hopefully my boss and the people who make the schedule will kindly adjust accordingly.

Printed out some new online coupons I found and will hit Target along with Price Chopper before work. Quite excited because Target has a Beneful web coupon for $1 off, I have a $2 off coupon and PC has it on sale for $5 for the small bag. Just buying a small bag cause Shawn Beagle doesn't like the dry I bought. Abbey will eat anything but he's pickier. By the time he finishes the small bag we'll be due for a large bag of something else that everyone will eat. Target has Reynolds wrap on sale and I've got coupons!

Hope everyone enjoys their day! :smile::smile:

cody82414
09-01-2011, 05:35:59 AM
. My dad said today "what's with you cleaning". I said I'm sick to death of junk everywhere I turn. On that note my deep cleaning project beings this weekend.

Word!!

froggie3
09-01-2011, 05:39:04 AM
I want to "Julia Child" my kitchen...as in pegboard on the wall for my pots and pans to give me cabinet space....wonder if I can convince DH.....

cody82414
09-01-2011, 05:39:37 AM
Happy September 1st all!:smile:

This!:wavehi:

SquawMama
09-01-2011, 05:44:11 AM
Happy birthday Spongebear!! Sorry its soooo late!

Sometimes I hate using this phone for internet. I shud prolly get the i-pad. Spent my lunch reading, getting caught up w you ladies & commenting. But it didnt post. Now I dont remember what I was commenting on! Oh well.

News ... DH is taking me to see Kenny Rogers on Fri night in Reno (if he can get tix today)!! Trade off cuz I qgreed to be around his weekend while his parents are here! He thinks he's the one paying for it! Ugh! I think I got the shirt end of the stick! But he took me out to dinner last night, as part of the deal too.

Rosie: good job in attempting the parking garage! Its awesome that you are facing your fears! I hope it goes well for you!

Cd: glad that you are doing well after surgery. Hope you truly use he time to rest, its invaluable. Hope you are enjoying your mom's company too

Now ho was that who got the 9c cereal?! Belinda?! ... REALLY?!!!! ... come on now! I am soooo jealous of those of you who live in the land of double & triple!!! 9c cereal! WOW! I bet THAT cereal tastes gooooood!! & I thought I like my 98c cereal. Hmmmm

JK: how exciting! Baby is coming! Keep us posted!!

Happy September everyone! Fall is in the air! Its been sooooo cold @ night! Waking up to frost in mornings! Yikes!

Smells like ................. FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

cody82414
09-01-2011, 05:49:14 AM
Happy September everyone! Fall is in the air! Its been sooooo cold @ night! Waking up to frost in mornings! Yikes!

Smells like ................. FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Smells like dog trials here :rolleyes24:

VivaciousJewelz
09-01-2011, 06:18:24 AM
Went shopping this morning, snagged 7 marinades and sauces, 5 lbs of chicken, 2 packs of cheese, 4 smoothies, 2 tubs of butter, 1 gal milk, 2 capri sun, 3 grill mates seansonings, 2 salad dressings, 4 Dole salads, 2 Seapak shrimp, 1 pack applesauce, 3 boxes of tampons, and 2 cans of Country Time lemonade... for $49.31. I saved $94.97! :dance43:

SquawMama
09-01-2011, 06:41:08 AM
Sorry ... Carryover comments from August ...

Kendra: i am very sorry for the hardship you have right niw. & since misery enjoys company, i will try .... I live in CA so YES, earthquakes suck! The big one in '89 is something I will NEVER forget. The death & destruction was horrific. I lived in the San Fransisco Bay Area @ the time & will never forget it. I now live in Tuckee, where we get many feet of snow & a few yrs ago we had a storm in Dec that knocked our power out for 18 days! OMGosh! In winter! Ppls pipes were freezing & cracking so flooding thier homes & causing much more damage. We have generators. Ran them 24/7. Had to replace one after the storm. But all or friends congregated HERE! We threw our food into he snow to preseve. Now if none of that helps you .... My MIL is spending the holiday weekend with us! Ugh!!! I know that the hell we are going through NOW is the worst hell there is! Its true, so understand that I am not trying to deminish your situation at all! I am truly sorry for it. I was just hoping to give you some simpathy. Hope it gets better soon sweetie!

Gotta jump in shower. But wanted to comment RE: spanky theory. Will comment in lunchtime. I know ... You're all on the edge of your seats... holding your breath! :hysterical:

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 06:48:18 AM
wow good job jewls...and crock pots I have 5 i think i love them for yougurt and dinners and HOLIDAYS!!!!!

ok i am not going to day i lost my stroller .....but i am going out for all my $1 doublers I need to spend $15 before coupons to use them so everyone will be so proud .....durring irean I made a list of all our fam reg meals and I came up with 45 meals sooo I made a menu plan 5 a week for 9 weeks now since i have to get to $15 I figured i will write the grocery lists for all the meals and get as much stuff as i can since I have to have a $5.04 filler each trans....so I will be ready for the next 9 weeks math
4 febbreze air effect 9.96
$5.04 fillers
-$4 coupons
-$4 doubles
-$6 gas
so about $1 after everything next week kotex is free after gas so I should have $18-$20 off in gas boy i like that number I just filled my car with the last of my gas from that nutsy clorox deal last time not last weeks

so off to make a huge list

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 06:50:14 AM
Sorry ... Carryover comments from August ...

Kendra: i am very sorry for the hardship you have right niw. & since misery enjoys company, i will try .... I live in CA so YES, earthquakes suck! The big one in '89 is something I will NEVER forget. The death & destruction was horrific. I lived in the San Fransisco Bay Area @ the time & will never forget it. I now live in Tuckee, where we get many feet of snow & a few yrs ago we had a storm in Dec that knocked our power out for 18 days! OMGosh! In winter! Ppls pipes were freezing & cracking so flooding thier homes & causing much more damage. We have generators. Ran them 24/7. Had to replace one after the storm. But all or friends congregated HERE! We threw our food into he snow to preseve. Now if none of that helps you .... My MIL is spending the holiday weekend with us! Ugh!!! I know that the hell we are going through NOW is the worst hell there is! Its true, so understand that I am not trying to deminish your situation at all! I am truly sorry for it. I was just hoping to give you some simpathy. Hope it gets better soon sweetie!

Gotta jump in shower. But wanted to comment RE: spanky theory. Will comment in lunchtime. I know ... You're all on the edge of your seats... holding your breath! :hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I do that all winter when it starts to warm up I am like crap how am i gonna fit it all in the frezzer:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

cody82414
09-01-2011, 06:50:30 AM
bill paying day!!

to1drland
09-01-2011, 06:54:07 AM
bill paying day!!

good thing I didn't know that ahead of time....I'd have sent mine in your envie.:wink7::giggle2:

cody82414
09-01-2011, 07:01:14 AM
good thing I didn't know that ahead of time....I'd have sent mine in your envie.:wink7::giggle2:

:hysterical:

justmama
09-01-2011, 07:10:16 AM
Some updates from me:

#1 still no power, at hour 104.
#2 contacted insurance company, we do NOT have a limit of food loss, i get actual loss based on average retail of what i have pictures and itemized lists of
#3 we only have canned food left.
#4 not sure how i'll fair for this month considering i have to replace everything perishable in the house.

I plan on using the (food loss) money to go towards a generator that will run off our existing propane tank. Since i am not going to pay retail for all of that food.

mommas2moody
09-01-2011, 07:10:57 AM
bill paying day!!

I did that yesterday. :rolleyes24:

everprincess
09-01-2011, 07:22:04 AM
Word!!

I have maybe 50 boxes of files up there and no room to put more up. My cabinets are full and I'll on the mission to get it reorganized. But this morning is a busy as all get out. Reports run, now to fax all statements and get this mess of boxes open and put outside for the guys. Then I'm back to the attic once again.

LF is tempting me with free peanut butter and Bertolli pasta sauce for 0.30 a jar. Now I wish for a break but I just can't pass it up. Besides these guys at work will buy all kind of stuff from me...I need more candy bars they are eating them up in record time :wink7:. I got almost $30 in two weeks :BigHand:.

everprincess
09-01-2011, 07:27:12 AM
Depends on if you will use it or not. I have 2 crockpots and wish I had a 3rd. Mine are both different sizes. I use mine all the time to cook dinner in but I also make stock in mine as well.

I have (3) to big ones (I won on here that I love :BigHand:), (1) small one that I just replaced with one DH gave me from his sister's house. The other small one I had the crock had cracked so I ditched it. BF is the best time to buy these things dirt cheap at the stores. I love kitchen stuff though and have too much of it. DH also gave me a Showtime machine but no manual and I have no place to put in the kitchen. I also have other things I never use so once I get into the deep cleaning challenge that Cody has started so are going to the yard sale boxes.

froggie3
09-01-2011, 07:30:16 AM
Monsanto (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/low-fat-gmo-soybean_n_943149.html) needs to STOP.

Sorry it is starting to infuriate me as I learn more.

cody82414
09-01-2011, 07:42:41 AM
Monsanto (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/low-fat-gmo-soybean_n_943149.html) needs to STOP.

Contact your congressmen
and vote with your dollars.
That's all we can do aginst this monopoly.
Their plan is to take down the world!

mommas2moody
09-01-2011, 08:07:02 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love science but when they start messing with genetics, I get furious!

jenrose
09-01-2011, 08:18:43 AM
I have (3) to big ones (I won on here that I love :BigHand:), (1) small one that I just replaced with one DH gave me from his sister's house. The other small one I had the crock had cracked so I ditched it. BF is the best time to buy these things dirt cheap at the stores. I love kitchen stuff though and have too much of it. DH also gave me a Showtime machine but no manual and I have no place to put in the kitchen. I also have other things I never use so once I get into the deep cleaning challenge that Cody has started so are going to the yard sale boxes.

As in Showtime Rotisary? I LOVE mine in the winter! You can even cook a small turkey in them and they come out nice and juicy! Yum!

cjpsmom
09-01-2011, 09:02:04 AM

Contact your congressmen
and vote with your dollars.
That's all we can do aginst this monopoly.
Their plan is to take down the world!

Why not go after the people allowing this to take place instead of people creating it? Vote with you dollars...aren't your dollars supporting it..the government is allowing all this to take place...why hate the company, hate the people allowing it to take place...which is our lovely government.
In this area we dislike Monsanto because their "monopoly" has driven up the price of seeds/pesticides (I know that made y'all cringe)..farmers can not plant their choice of seed because it's been replaced by seed manu'd by them and the prices on those seed have skyrocketed (and they also have to pay technology fees on top of all that)...but is the company truly to blame? I believe the true culprit is the government that ALLOW all this to take place, not the people creating it...if it's so bad, gov needs to do something.

froggie3
09-01-2011, 09:11:30 AM
Why not go after the people allowing this to take place instead of people creating it? Vote with you dollars...aren't your dollars supporting it..the government is allowing all this to take place...why hate the company, hate the people allowing it to take place...which is our lovely government.
In this area we dislike Monsanto because their "monopoly" has driven up the price of seeds/pesticides (I know that made y'all cringe)..farmers can not plant their choice of seed because it's been replaced by seed manu'd by them and the prices on those seed have skyrocketed (and they also have to pay technology fees on top of all that)...but is the company truly to blame? I believe the true culprit is the government that ALLOW all this to take place, not the people creating it...if it's so bad, gov needs to do something.

Yes the gov't should have not allowed it, but Monsanto is in the pockets of so many politicians so they won't stop it. I am now focusing in avoiding GMO products as much as possible, and I will contact my congressman and start voicing my opinion, no matter how unpopular it is right now. Someday people may realize what is going on, but they throw out "low fat" and people flock to it because the gov't has decided fat is bad....as long as people like Monsanto can continue to give tons of money to politicians, politicians won't stop the company, and people will continue to get more unhealthy while eating "healthy" by gov't standards.

everprincess
09-01-2011, 09:14:50 AM
As in Showtime Rotisary? I LOVE mine in the winter! You can even cook a small turkey in them and they come out nice and juicy! Yum!

Yep but I have no idea how to use it:dontknow1:.

jenrose
09-01-2011, 09:19:42 AM
Yep but I have no idea how to use it:dontknow1:.

It can't be much simplier. Do you have the 'basket' or just the pokers? The square basket is what I use most often. Make sure the drip tray in in the bottom. Fill up the basket with your meat. Season to your liking. Feed the pokers thru the basket and put the other end on. Slide into the rotisary and spin the timer dial. The switch should be on the cook setting not the no heat rotation. Then let it cook!

To do a chicken or turkey, just push the pokers thrut he meat. Tie with those food rope tie things (can buy anywhere). I usually inject with butter or other seasons. Rub seaoning on the outside and slide the pokers into the rotisarry. Just make sure the meat is tied tight enough that it won't rub on the heating element in the back. Turn the timer and let it cook.

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 09:24:37 AM
"Tie with those food rope tie things (can buy anywhere)."

i needed that stuff for a cake and my meat depart will give you the twine for free and alot of it! its the same stuff you are taking about it just isnt in a pretty package its just "loose" just ask them

cjpsmom
09-01-2011, 09:30:06 AM
Yes the gov't should have not allowed it, but Monsanto is in the pockets of so many politicians so they won't stop it. I am now focusing in avoiding GMO products as much as possible, and I will contact my congressman and start voicing my opinion, no matter how unpopular it is right now. Someday people may realize what is going on, but they throw out "low fat" and people flock to it because the gov't has decided fat is bad....as long as people like Monsanto can continue to give tons of money to politicians, politicians won't stop the company, and people will continue to get more unhealthy while eating "healthy" by gov't standards.
Exactly my point...your blaming the company for making it and padding the politicians pockets...but it's the politicians that are making it happen, not the company...blame the government...they don't have to take it (the money)...voice your opinion by all means and don't support the company, I totally understand...but the anger needs to be directed towards the government not the company....IMO:wink7:

VivaciousJewelz
09-01-2011, 10:12:01 AM

I will use it for sure. I don't have one now. The roommates do, but they can't find the lid for it, and it would be nice to have something that is just mine anyway. I've found a lot of good recipes that require a crock pot, and while I've managed to recreate a few of them in a stew pot on the stove, a crock pot is much easier, not to mention it will free up another pot and we barely have enough pots for all the cooking I do now.

froggie3
09-01-2011, 10:25:50 AM
Exactly my point...your blaming the company for making it and padding the politicians pockets...but it's the politicians that are making it happen, not the company...blame the government...they don't have to take it (the money)...voice your opinion by all means and don't support the company, I totally understand...but the anger needs to be directed towards the government not the company....IMO:wink7:

But if Monsanto never started genetically modifying anything, then we wouldn't be where we are right now. I will never like Monsanto, the things they have done to force their seed and the power they have.

Sorry, back on topic. DH brought home my vehicle(well ahd a guy follow him so he is back at work now) so I could go shopping, but I need to figure out what I am buying and I am not motivated right now.

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 10:27:15 AM
jewls if you need more room to cook you can move in here :wink7:

VivaciousJewelz
09-01-2011, 10:42:22 AM
jewls if you need more room to cook you can move in here :wink7:

Lol! Don't tempt me. I'm sure you'd appreciate it more. :wink7:

I've got some sirloin tip roast I gotta start cooking sometime today.

froggie3
09-01-2011, 10:47:32 AM

How are you cooking this sirloin tip?

cjpsmom
09-01-2011, 11:00:36 AM
But if Monsanto never started genetically modifying anything, then we wouldn't be where we are right now. I will never like Monsanto, the things they have done to force their seed and the power they have.

I'm not saying I like the company...or agree with it...I just find interesting that gov't can step in here and there where they choose (AT&T recently)but leave this alone...the monopoly they've created is unreal, granted, but the stuff has been made available and accepted (product & practices) by our gov't (FDA, DOJ, etc).....but hey, I still love ya.:wink7:

Anywho....whoever says camping is supposed to be on the fly type a thing....can kiss my foot.:rolleyes24: Hoping to be pulling out this afternoon. (see frogger, you'll be free of me alllll weekend):wink7:

froggie3
09-01-2011, 11:04:05 AM
I'm not saying I like the company...or agree with it...I just find interesting that gov't can step in here and there where they choose (AT&T recently)but leave this alone...the monopoly they've created is unreal, granted, but the stuff has been made available and accepted (product & practices) by our gov't (FDA, DOJ, etc).....but hey, I still love ya.:wink7:

Anywho....whoever says camping is supposed to be on the fly type a thing....can kiss my foot.:rolleyes24: Hoping to be pulling out this afternoon. (see frogger, you'll be free of me alllll weekend):wink7:

I ain't mad at cha. :giggle2:

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 11:06:39 AM

:beg4:come on jewls you know you want to :beg4:

ok done typing up the grocery list:BigHand: have to make sure i didnt miss anything and add stuff:wink7:

jenrose
09-01-2011, 11:12:42 AM
Anywho....whoever says camping is supposed to be on the fly type a thing....can kiss my foot.:rolleyes24: Hoping to be pulling out this afternoon. (

When we take the camper I can have everything packed and ready to go in a few hours work. But when we go stay at a cabin or something it takes me FOREVER! Have a fun weekend CJ!

VivaciousJewelz
09-01-2011, 11:17:07 AM
How are you cooking this sirloin tip?

Honestly, I kinda winged it a bit... I am a beast with chicken but haven't mastered red meat yet. Work in progress. Sooo, I used a fork and poked a few holes in it, then mixed olive oil, black pepper, salt, a little garlic and onion, paprika, and then rubbed the sirloin. It is now marinating in the refrigerator in a roasting pan b/c I'm gonna roast it.

If it doesn't turn out well, I've got a back-up, and am willing to take suggestions. :hysterical:

VivaciousJewelz
09-01-2011, 11:18:06 AM
:beg4:come on jewls you know you want to :beg4:

ok done typing up the grocery list:BigHand: have to make sure i didnt miss anything and add stuff:wink7:

Well since I'm moving in, pick up some juice for my vodka... :hysterical:

cjpsmom
09-01-2011, 11:19:39 AM
I ain't mad at cha. :giggle2:
Oh I didn't think so (or hoped not)...I like "discussing" things...some people just don't know how to take me.:whistle67::wink7:

When we take the camper I can have everything packed and ready to go in a few hours work. But when we go stay at a cabin or something it takes me FOREVER! Have a fun weekend CJ!
The food is my biggest thing..unless I want to eat sandwiches all weekend long...not...the clothes take no time...luxuries, a little more time (movies, sewing, boating stuff, etc)...I've got everything pretty much pulled out at home, just gotta load it up:rolleyes24:...and I would do this early but the ants around here (even w/spray) would ruin everything that isn't refrigerated...shouldn't take me too long (hopefully)..I'll gte home and load up the golf cart and haul it in one or two trips.

If I don't pop in before I go....Y'ALL HAVE A GRAND WEEKEND!!!!:wavehi:

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 11:21:53 AM
we have evry juice you could want here plus soda and thoes yeger bombs i dont care how drunk you get ass long as you can cook:wink7: and a few extra rooms for you and your dd:BigHand: so come cook:beg4:

VivaciousJewelz
09-01-2011, 11:23:25 AM
we have evry juice you could want here plus soda and thoes yeger bombs i dont care how drunk you get ass long as you can cook:wink7: and a few extra rooms for you and your dd:BigHand: so come cook:beg4:

Wow! A few extra rooms?? You mean I don't have to cram everything me and Cara own, plus ourselves into a closet?!?! SOLD! I'll be there tomorrow. :hysterical:

jenrose
09-01-2011, 11:28:55 AM
Why is please email me _____ so hard to understand. If I say please email don't fax it to me or mail it to me just use the frickin email! :mad20:

Sorry I just had to vent for a minute. I swear no one around here knows how to read!

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 11:33:00 AM
Wow! A few extra rooms?? You mean I don't have to cram everything me and Cara own, plus ourselves into a closet?!?! SOLD! I'll be there tomorrow. :hysterical:

:hysterical:cara could bunk in one of the girls rooms or there is 2 extra rooms down :whistle67: full kitchen and every cooking gaget you could dream of (my mom is nuts she bought me everything) you wouldnt even have to shop much my stock pile is huge do to gas geals:wink7: come on ya know ya want to :whistle67:and hopefully you can garden i suck at it and we are getting ready to plant a huge garden and fruit trees :whistle67:

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 11:34:24 AM
jen were you talking to men again you know they are all stupid :wink7:

jenrose
09-01-2011, 11:45:08 AM
jen were you talking to men again you know they are all stupid :wink7:

Not this time. It was all women! But it wasn't just today this is constant problem but today I fired off a testy email about it after they sent me a 45 page fax of stuff I asked them to email me cause I didn't want to print it out I just needed to save it on the computer which I can't do when it is a fax and they just wasted 90 pieces of paper for nothing (45 for them to print it out and 45 for the fax here to print it again!). It just drives me CRAZY!

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 12:05:44 PM
I hate stupid people!

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 12:21:44 PM
ok I am now ordering holiday cards

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 12:24:08 PM
nobody every likes my cards but screw it

SquawMama
09-01-2011, 12:27:28 PM
Ok .. Spankings ..

I was raised by an iron-fisted mother. She beat all us kids soo bad that there were many trips to ER & police & CPS intervention on many occassions. I knew she was raised this way & didnt know any different. I swore I would never even swat my kids. ... Then they were born ... Perfect little angels sent from God. Oh! Then they began to grow!

When my 1st was approx 10mos old, the peditrician (old guy w old school ideals) tells me that it is time to start disciplining (for his own safety). HA!! But just use the spoon to hit him, not my hand. We had a very heated discussion where I confessed my fears due to my upbringing & was concerned that it could be genetic. I told him that as an adult , I certainly wouldnt need a weapon to smack a child so small & that I had no intention of EVER smacking him. Of course we found a new pediatrician.

Well DS grew even more! & then there were TWO! I watched my sister saying to her DS "dont run into the street or you"ll get hit by a car". Oh what a scene. He would laugh & say "no I wont!". She would chase. I thought "oh no! What to do?". Then one day my son ran into the street! My immediate reaction was a swift swat on the back of his thigh right below the buttocks.

My dear young son had just met the "hand of love"! I immediately got down to his level & explained that I lived him too much to let him disregard his own safety & mine by running into the street where he could get hit by a car". I never had trouble with my boys running into the street. They had immediate information that it HURT to run into the street.

I quickly learned & explained to my sister that we didnt have to be our own mom. We could discipline our kids w/o beating them & they could respect us w/o fearing us.

I fell in love w the "hand of love" & of course I took it everywhere! The store ... "I love you too much to let you make a fool out yourself & me in public" ... Anywhere we went, they knew that the hand of love was there!

My theory was that ONE swat was an attn getter. Multiple swats was just an adult exercising his/her frustrations in a negative physical manner. Not ok!

Sometimes 1 swat does not work. Sometimes my boys would require much more discipline. But I didnt think I would be discipling w love to spank excessively. I had to be creative & make the discipline fit.

They were hitting each other & fitting & wouldnt stop or listen to me ... I blamed the ever popular Power Rangers & made them box up EVERYTHING Power Ranger they owned ... Yep! Including the valance in thier bedroom & placemats in kitchen ... EVERYTHING! They had to put it away for a week. Then they had to earn back the right to go to the box & pick out what would be re-introduced to thier world.

When they refused to come in when called & were riding thier bikes, I hung the bikes in the garage fir a week of no bikes. But when we were in the car & they saw a boy riding his own bike & they said "wow! Cool bike!", I wouldnt pass up the opportunity to remind them that they had cool bikes too & make them tell me why they couldnt ride them.

Anyways, my point was that everyone has something that works for them & we cant truly judge others. Only do w what we have that works for us. My friends used to tell me how harsh I was with my kids. But when having an outing, MY kids were where they were told to be & behaved as told to. Time & place for everything. It was my friends' kids that we would be embarrassed by or even looking for. On more than one occassion my boys asked me if I loved Kyle or Cameron & if so, why were they not meeting w the hand of love. :hysterical:

kbullsexy07
09-01-2011, 12:28:26 PM
$6.69 lunch

$16.57

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 12:32:06 PM
ok I found my fav card The Mistletoe Wasn't the Only Holiday Cards (http://www.fridgedoor.com/miwaonhoca.html) how many people will i offend this year?

froggie3
09-01-2011, 12:36:32 PM
ok I found my fav card The Mistletoe Wasn't the Only Holiday Cards (http://www.fridgedoor.com/miwaonhoca.html) how many people will i offend this year?

That is hilarious.

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 01:01:44 PM
ok now i wanna know what you all do do you send the same card to everyone or a diffrent card to everyone like 2 brothers same or 2 diffrent? inlaws 2 same or 2 diffrent kwim?

jenrose
09-01-2011, 01:09:10 PM
Rose I get cards done with a pic of my kids on it and send it to everyone.

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 01:10:31 PM
ok this is gonna be a rant ok so i get tired of playing perfect so i wanna send that card and i know 3/4 is going to get offened now should i really care? why do i have to change me for you?

captainQpin
09-01-2011, 01:13:37 PM
Rose I get cards done with a pic of my kids on it and send it to everyone.

aww thats so cut just not my style inlaws are not allowed to see my kids at all not even pics if they do come here and i see any one with a camera i flip and break it i have my reasons and im sure you can figure it out but NO ONE can have pics of my kids with out my say so im nuts i know:wink7: but nothing will ever happen to my kids ever

phinphana
09-01-2011, 01:46:07 PM
I want to join this month for $300 for 4 of us 1 still in diapers+1st grade +DH and I

We are going to get on diet DH and I so I hope the grocery bills stay in budget.

Phin

cody82414
09-01-2011, 01:50:01 PM
I want to join this month for $300 for 4 of us 1 still in diapers+1st grade +DH and I

We are going to get on diet DH and I so I hope the grocery bills stay in budget.

Phin

SO happy you are back, Phin:wavehi:

jenrose
09-01-2011, 02:24:51 PM
Am I the only one that tries to have my kids look nice for their first day of school. After the first few days I let them where whatever they want but the first few days I think they should have on nice jeans (no holes at least) and a semi new looking shirt (not necesarily new but not super faded and grubby). I just saw pics on FB of first day of school and the kids were wearing grubby sweat pants/jeans that were too tight and super faded etc.

I guess I'm just into first impressions more than some others are and I didn't even take my kids school cloths shopping this year. :dontknow1: