PDA

View Full Version : Attention Possible New Changes To Twice The Value Coupons In The NW Region

queenofthehivemomof5
07-01-2011, 10:23:15 AM
According to posts on Albertsons Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Albertsons) there are possible changes to the Albertsons Twice The Value coupons.

In essence:

Stores will no longer have the TTV coupons in the store, you will have to buy a paper to get them. Too many people abusing it...

TTV coupons will only be in select papers (which ones I have no idea)

Possible discontinuing the TTV in Montana and Wyoming due to low redemption values.

I have put in a call into Albertsons Customer service to see if these rumor are true, especially the no TTV coupons in MT and WY. She called my local store and according to them my store in Gillette is still doing TTV coupons...but she has sent my inquiry into the marketing department and I am supposed to get a call back within 24 hours. I hope to be able to get some clear definitions of what is going on.

If all of this is true...I have to admit that I will probably stop shopping at Albertsons and take my ad and price match at Walmart. I hate that companies think that just because there are but a few folks in Wyoming that they should stop their promotions here. Every time Smith's has done doubles in the last 3-4 years they have skipped Wyoming and now Albertsons....

And there is no way I am going to pay $2.50 for a Sunday paper to save $3.00. The math does not add up for me and my local paper now no longer has Sunday insert coupons either so there really is no point.

As a consumer I will let my money speak for itself and shop else ware if they decide to stop TTV coupons in Wyoming. And I just dropped $75 on produce and meat in there yesterday...not a coupon in site.:hectic:

queenofthehivemomof5
07-01-2011, 02:42:08 PM
It's been confirmed that Twice the Value coupons are no more in Wyoming and Montana...needless to say I will be taking my business else-ware. We have basically 4 grocery stores where I live, Albies, Smiths, Walmart and Dons (a local store) and of those 4 only Albertsons appears to not want my coupon business. Albertsons mentioned to me that they are possibly going to roll out some other type of promotion...will have to wait and see what it is. But for now I will price match at Walmart. This week I am going to get my free Brownies and use up a few OYNO Catalinas...

jenrose
07-01-2011, 03:12:19 PM
Not a good thing for the Albertsons Mod to now be anti Albertsons LOL. This sucks for everyone but mostly for those in your states. Albertsons here is still my most coupon friendly store so I will continue to shop there and use the TTV Q's I am able to get my hands on from my subscriptons.

Hopefully they start a new program that is of the same benifit to you.

ioncewasamjskeptic
07-01-2011, 10:03:42 PM
OUCH! but i am sure we are not finished seeing changes to more store policies! bummer

Heather
07-03-2011, 01:21:12 PM
QOTH - I thought you mentioned a few times that you don't use multiple TTV coupons because it wasn't worth your time for multiple trips. Are you boycotting Albertsons on the principle of the matter?

I think a problem with price matching at WalMart is missing out on the catalina deals. Today at Albertsons I bought 4 of the Nature Valley Thins for $10. I then used 4 60c coupons which brought my total down to $7.60. I then got cats for $5 and $2. So 4 boxes for 60c total. WalMart wouldn't be able to do that. How will you (or anyone who wants to comment) compensate for the awesome catalina deals? I know we don't have them all that often, but when everything lines up you can score some really sweet deals.

MaddieT
07-03-2011, 05:11:01 PM
I'm going to have to go back to cherry picking Albies. Their meat, dairy and produce prices have gone up. Those items can be bought cheaper elsewhere. I'll drive an extra 8 miles round trip to save money.

melodyjg
07-04-2011, 06:58:30 PM
Spoke to one of the cashiers that I just adore today in the OC store and she said that someone came into the store a few weeks ago and took a stack of doublers and came back a few days later with 70+ doublers and demanded that the close down a line for him to use all his doublers at once. They refused and he wrote to corporate demanding that they be punished for not doing what he asked.

My store says they are even taking the steps of selling the sunday papers behind the counter at customer service as for several weeks now people have been coming in putting the papers in their carts, wandering the store and stealing the inserts and doublers as they wander and leaving the papers all over the store!! WTH is wrong with people these days do they not understand that not only will we suffer but they will too!! Grrr.....

everprincess
07-04-2011, 07:45:10 PM
I guess so many people saw those EC shows and are now abusing the system because of what they saw. Sure wish some of these stores that are changing the policies would stop allowing TLC to film in their stores. Sorry for the changes. I've not seen any here really but that might just be around the corner.

queenofthehivemomof5
07-05-2011, 07:18:50 AM
QOTH - I thought you mentioned a few times that you don't use multiple TTV coupons because it wasn't worth your time for multiple trips. Are you boycotting Albertsons on the principle of the matter?

I think a problem with price matching at WalMart is missing out on the catalina deals. Today at Albertsons I bought 4 of the Nature Valley Thins for $10. I then used 4 60c coupons which brought my total down to $7.60. I then got cats for $5 and $2. So 4 boxes for 60c total. WalMart wouldn't be able to do that. How will you (or anyone who wants to comment) compensate for the awesome catalina deals? I know we don't have them all that often, but when everything lines up you can score some really sweet deals.

Totally the principal of the matter for me. I am mad that they are excluding Wyoming and Montana and treating us shoppers differently than the other shoppers in other states. Right now I am waiting to see if they roll out something for us as the customer service rep hinted at when I spoke to her...

I don't use a lot of the TTV coupons, when we have them I usually make two runs during the three days we have them and do my 3 coupons/3 back to back transactions. Outside of the Catalina deals (which many of them go on at Smith's too) I don't feel I will be missing much. I love my Albertsons don't get me wrong. But it just feels really crappy for them to say (on their Facebook page) that our stores will still ACCEPT the TTV coupons, but they won't be in our Sunday papers....only in Wyoming and Montana....

But they won't say why they won't be in our papers, only "due to low redemption rates" which does not make sense to me....if our redemption rates are low...is that not a good thing since the store is not loosing as much money from our stores. And of course redemption rates are going to be lower here...we have less people. The entire state of WY has only about 1/2 a million people. I really hope that they are going to just roll out the double coupons electronically.

Here is where I am going to be mad though...if after the 17th, if we have one of those glossy ads in our Sunday paper for Albertsons with no TTV coupons...I am assuming that they are not going to put them in our Sunday paper because it costs money to print the coupons and insert them in our papers...so if they still have a ad in our Sunday papers after the 17th I am going to really feel discriminated against!

gdll
07-06-2011, 07:53:15 AM
If you're in MT or WY, please consider posting a comment to the Boycott Extreme Couponing Facebook page. There's a thread started for posts re: coupon changes in your store which have occurred since the TLC show aired in December, 2010. Hopefully, couponers from all over the country, who have been negatively impacted, will list their stores, the specific changes, and the dates. We can all work together to get the TLC show off the air. An AP reporter is waiting for a list of all the stores and their changes so far. Please help! Thanks!

queenofthehivemomof5
07-06-2011, 09:32:47 AM
If you're in MT or WY, please consider posting a comment to the Boycott Extreme Couponing Facebook page. There's a thread started for posts re: coupon changes in your store which have occurred since the TLC show aired in December, 2010. Hopefully, couponers from all over the country, who have been negatively impacted, will list their stores, the specific changes, and the dates. We can all work together to get the TLC show off the air. An AP reporter is waiting for a list of all the stores and their changes so far. Please help! Thanks!

Thanks gdll - Here is a link to the Boycott Extreme Couponing Facebook page if anyone wants to check it out - Boycott TLC's Extreme Couponing Show | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-TLCs-Extreme-Couponing-Show/146376222097929)

Not just Albertsons shoppers in Wyoming and Montana are being effected by this change. While us in MT and WY will no longer have the Twice the Value coupons in our Sunday papers other states in the Northwest region will no longer have the TTV coupons in the store. That means that you have to buy a newspaper in order to get extra TTV coupons. I don't know what the cost of a paper is in other areas but our local Sunday papers are $2.50. So spending $2.50 to save $3.00 is not a very cost effective option for many.

charmingmoms
07-07-2011, 07:31:03 PM
i spoke with the director of media relations and the regional manager today. i got no where with the media relations...the only thing that was said in response to any question i had was "it's a corporate decision".

Now, i was absolutely stunned today when i spoke to regional manager(covers most of wyoming, all of montana, and some parts of Idaho). He said, I agree with you. I feel the only way you can shop at Albertson's is by using coupons. His exact words to a question I asked concerning why we compared to metropolitan areas, was "our pricing sucks, I don't know why people shop without coupons, it's the only way you can afford to shop there".....I thought I would fall off my chair.

iwik
07-07-2011, 11:04:12 PM
Well most of the other grocery stores have high regular prices too. That's why most of us try to buy stuff on sale, with coupons.
Dollar Tree here has put up signs limiting papers (i.e. $1 Sunday papers) to 3 per customer.
I think part of the problem is the economy has not improved much as far as jobs go, and a lot more people are seriously struggling financially than the CEOs seem to realize. Lots of Spending Fueled By Consumer Confidence just isn't going to happen without actual incomes.

JulieDB
07-10-2011, 07:34:16 PM
Did anyone get a Sunday ad this week? I didn't.

queenofthehivemomof5
07-11-2011, 08:54:17 AM
Albertsons prices for many things are indeed too expensive. Things I buy without coupons for example. This week cherries were $4.99 a lb at Albertsons while they were $1.99 a lb at Smiths. Needless to say we bought cherries at Smith's. Same for most of their produce. In fact a few weeks ago I was in there to buy some produce and picked up 1 lb bag of carrots on sale. I decided to weigh the bag and it weighed in a only 1/2 a lb. Since these bags are priced per bag not per pound I was shocked. So I went around the produce department to weigh other bags (I weighed 10 different bags of carrots 1 lb. size, 2 lb. size, and 3 lb. size and they ALL weighed in at about 1/2 of what they were supposed to weigh. I even weighed them all on 3 different scales in the produce department. When I bought this to the person working in the produce department he just dismissed me and said when there were bad carrots in the bag they pulled out the bag carrots and threw them away. And dismissed me when I said that they were shortchanging customers by advertising 1 lb. bags at a set price but the bags were 1/2 lb. bags not the full lb. I did a contact us email to Albertsons Corp and my store manager got back with me and said that he weighed some carrots and they all came in at the right weight. So either he lied, miraculously found bags that were the correct weight or I don't know how to weigh bags of carrots. I want to go back and do it again and see.....so make sure you are weighing your produce when you buy it pre-bagged.

The marketing department said that they may be discontinuing the TTV coupons in WY and MT as a test market and then roll this out to other areas in our region....just something to think about....

I did fine at Albertsons watching the sales and using my coupons...without doubles. However I am still disapointed that they took it away from us in MT and WY without a very good reason other than low redemption. I know there are other small towns in Wyoming but I live in one of the larger cities (3rd largest) with 30,000 or so folks here. And if you did not get your TTV coupons on Sunday good chance they would be all gone in the stores by Tuesday. So they are being used here!

jenrose
07-27-2011, 02:44:43 PM
I just read on a blog that TVC's are coming back to Wyoming & Montana but now there will only be 2 instead of 3 and they will not be coming at regular intervals anymore. We all should have 2 in this Sunday's paper.

Benichole
07-29-2011, 12:54:47 AM
This is the post on Albertson's facebook page

Hi Albertsons Fans! We’re excited to announce that we’ll be bringing our Twice the Value coupons to our Montana & Wyoming shoppers by including these special savings inserts in select local newspapers this weekend! Our customers are clearly very passionate about having access to these special savings, and we’re happy to be able to offer these savings to our shoppers.

We wanted to let you know that two Twice the Value coupons will run this Sunday (7/31) in several newspapers throughout our Intermountain West Albertsons locations in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Utah. We understand that a number of our customers rely on these coupons, and hope you understand that we aren’t discontinuing our Twice the Value savings program but instead exploring new ways to give our customers the best shopping experience possible.

Please continue to share your feedback with us, as we always value comments from our customers. We do have some exciting changes that we can’t wait to share with you, so know that we are working to bring new savings opportunities to our most loyal shoppers. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

As of July 29th

queenofthehivemomof5
07-29-2011, 09:34:45 AM
Well that's good news! Now to just guess if our paper here will have them or not.

queenofthehivemomof5
07-29-2011, 11:00:20 AM
Newspapers that will have the TTV coupons in WY and MT

Klamath Falls Herald
Casper Star-Tribune
Bozeman Daily Chronicle
Gillette News Record
Sheridan Press
Cheyenne WY Tribune/Eagle
Billings Gazette
Great Falls Tribune
Laramie Boomerang
Missoula Missoulian

My city is one of them. However I have no plans of buying a paper at $2.50 a pop to save $2.00. I get a paper. We don't even get inserts in our paper so totally not worth it to buy a paper in Gillette.

Meh...not really excited. Not sure if I am going to keep boycotting or not.