PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Other What not to do!

JulieDB
05-31-2011, 07:21:43 PM
So my daughter and I went today to use some of the store coupons we had and also to get a couple of things that my husband wanted. I think all of the things we had store coupons for were things that not only on sale but were bonus items. And by that I mean if you buy them you get an extra game ticket. I also got a packet of coupons that came in the mail and we bought a few things using those.

So we got in line behind a man with a somewhat small amount of items and what seemed like a huge amount of coupons. I don't know the particulars. We got there at the tail end of his last order. That's right, he broke his stuff down into many small multiple orders. I don't know if he was using doublers or not. They currently are putting out three doublers in each Sunday paper but they must be used by Tues.

Anyway the cashier seemed a bit befuddled by all the coupons and then he sort of freaked out because he somehow shook my single serve bottle of soda. He was trying to tell my daughter to go get another one but wasn't expressing himself very well. Then I finally figured out what he was saying and said it was fine because I wasn't going to drink it right away.

Then he did my coupons. Got to the last one and said he would be right back. He went to Customer Service. At first I thought there was a problem with a coupon. Turns out he got me three doublers which I thanked him for.

But then he got confused because he knew I should be getting a ton of tickets and none showed on the items. Then he finally said it was because I didn't put my Albertson's card in. Which I didn't. I guess in all the confusion I just forgot. I'm not going to fault him although really he should have asked. And I shouldn't have been so spaced out. So he told me to go to Customer Service.

Once there, they realized they owed me $7 and some change because it didn't take off that amount because my card wasn't put in. But they didn't know what to do about the tickets. I could have told them which ones gave me tickets. But they decided they had to walk the aisles with my receipt and check. In the end, I got 18 tickets but had to wait a while.

Today I won a free donut (that makes 8) and 4 free tickets. I have forgotten how many free tickets I have won now. Plus I got a few more coupons I can use.

But bottom line... Don't forget to use your card!

Benichole
06-01-2011, 12:32:28 PM
My albies won't scan anything until we put it in. They just stand there and look at me waiting as I am unloading. I say go ahead I will put the number in but they won't until I do it first.

queenofthehivemomof5
06-01-2011, 09:50:51 PM
We don't have a Preferred Card where I live...one less thing I have to remember I guess.

JulieDB
06-01-2011, 11:59:15 PM
My albies won't scan anything until we put it in. They just stand there and look at me waiting as I am unloading. I say go ahead I will put the number in but they won't until I do it first.

Some of the cashiers do that. This was a young guy and I've gotten into the habit of just putting my phone number into the PIN machine. I think that's what most people do now that they've gotten the new ones. I don't know of any other stores that let you do that.

StarlitRogue
06-13-2011, 05:06:01 PM
lol, at my store we were told if that happens just give them the number of tickets they think they were supposed to get. Make the customers happy and want to come back. Why loose a customer over measly tickets. Sad that they didn't just trust you though. I would much rather just give the customer the tickets rather than have them stand and wait.