PDA

View Full Version : SummerAnne's Personal Saving Journal

SummerAnne
07-20-2007, 07:33:25 PM
My name is Summer and I'm a SAHM of one - by force of a crappy job market rather than choice. We live in a small town and there are more people than unskilled jobs, therefore just about every job I get a lead on I get disqualified for when the employer finds out I can't work past 4pm (DH leaves for work at 4:30pm). They'd much rather hire fresh out of high school teenagers who can work mixed shifts, and I really can't say I blame them!

So my job is to save as much money as possible on the things we need and want to be able to keep our heads above water on a single income. I don't have a budget (bad I know) we just buy what we need when we need it if money permits. DH handles all the bills & money, he has adult ADD and having two hands in the mix would mess up his system and I respect that.

Have I mentioned I hate living in the land of no double coupons when I see the great deals people are getting? :frown: So sad...

Now the trick is to see if I stick to updating here!

SummerAnne
07-20-2007, 08:11:44 PM
I started a blog instead of posting here, so that my husband can see it without having to lurk here: http://summers-savings.blogspot.com/

SummerAnne
07-20-2007, 11:14:37 PM
:whistle: