PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Question NO TTV flyer in store! New policy?

JulieinOregon
05-22-2011, 08:43:12 AM
My store isn't putting out any of the TTV flyers this week. They say that too many people would come in and grab bunches of them. Well their policy is to use 3 per 3 transactions. Sounds like they need to follow their policy, I still want my 9! I'm calling corporate tomorrow. I don't get it. You're in the grocery business. You need to accept coupons and follow your own policy.

melodyjg
05-22-2011, 08:49:13 AM
Usually albies has been handing them out on Thursdays in the registers and when they run out.....they are all gone. chances are they are just all out.

If I want extra doublers I usually just get extra papers or ck with neighbors, as I have not found extra doublers in my store in months.

Unfortunately others are not as considerate as us and ruin it for everyone and we are left to adjust to the way the game changes.

kaylabxb
05-22-2011, 08:57:09 AM
Hi guys! I'm new to couponing! What is a TTV flyer. I looked through the abbreviations but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

melodyjg
05-22-2011, 09:02:34 AM
Its a twice the value coupon flyer, not sure that you have them in your area though.....we are in Oregon

kaylabxb
05-22-2011, 09:08:52 AM
Its a twice the value coupon flyer, not sure that you have them in your area though.....we are in Oregon

Thanks Melody. Hopefully I'll be "up to speed" soon. :smile:

melodyjg
05-22-2011, 09:28:12 AM
I am sure you will do fine! Just look for the stores that you have in your area and take your time :)

iwik
05-22-2011, 12:39:57 PM
I went to a store today that said they hadn't got their box yet.
Other stores don't put them out anymore, but they will give you at least one if you ask at CS. And you have to ask.

Dano1965
05-22-2011, 01:03:33 PM
one of our stores didn't get their box either, they have the ones for next sunday they showed it to me. so we have em for memorial weekend

JulieinOregon
05-22-2011, 01:10:41 PM
Thank You Iwik and Dano! My store is purposely not putting them out. I will ask at customer service the next time I go in and see what happens. Thanks.

JulieinOregon
05-22-2011, 10:01:31 PM
Thanks again for the idea to go to customer service. I got my 3 flyers. I got everything I needed but the Kikkomen, they were out of it.

queenofthehivemomof5
05-24-2011, 07:07:01 AM
I was reading yesterday on their Facebook fan page and saw a lot of complaints from customers about stores not giving out any of the Twice the Value flyers. The stores were telling them that you had to buy the Sunday paper in order to get a flyer. Or telling customers that they could only use one set of TTV coupons per day regardless of if they bought multiple papers.

Albertsons Representatives on their Facebook page were saying that you are supposed to get the TTV coupons in the Sunday paper and if the store had extras that was a bonus but they should give you some.

At my store they just set them out by the sale flyers and there was still a good 2 in ch stack of them out as of yesterday. Not a lot of other couponers in my area.

MaddieT
05-24-2011, 09:14:00 AM
Want to hear something weird? I was told that there were so many complaints about limitations on doublers that our store stopped setting limits. No wonder the TTV flyers have gotten so scarce! People are in there swiping entire stacks and using unlimited doublers in one transaction. I just don't think it's right to bully the store into removing limits. What about the rest of us? As a loyal customer, I'd like to get in on the deals, too.

queenofthehivemomof5
05-24-2011, 09:58:10 AM
Want to hear something weird? I was told that there were so many complaints about limitations on doublers that our store stopped setting limits. No wonder the TTV flyers have gotten so scarce! People are in there swiping entire stacks and using unlimited doublers in one transaction. I just don't think it's right to bully the store into removing limits. What about the rest of us? As a loyal customer, I'd like to get in on the deals, too.

How does that even work? The registers where I live will only accept the three doublers as each one has a unique code that allows you to only use 1, 2 and 3 TTV coupons and then after that they won't scan.

I can work with the limits, however I really wish they would just double coupons without the clip-able coupons and put a reasonable limit of say 10 or 20 coupons instead of 3 at a time. I cannot be making tons of trips to the store.

MaddieT
05-24-2011, 02:23:53 PM
They use the key to override. That's what they do when they ring my "three consecutive transactions" all in one transactions.

JulieinOregon
05-24-2011, 03:26:29 PM
I talked to the corporate customer service today. The new policy is to have them at customer service and only hand out ONE per customer!

elemonj
05-24-2011, 04:10:57 PM
I talked to the corporate customer service today. The new policy is to have them at customer service and only hand out ONE per customer!

This sounds like a HUGE hassle.