PDA

View Full Version : My GET FIT goal!!!

angeliainwonderland
05-03-2011, 06:28:16 PM
:wavehi:Hello! I am soooo out of shape. In my mind I am a lil chunky but that dang mirror of mine keeps showing me some FAT chic!!!
So my goal isn't just to lose weight, that doesn't work. My goal is to get fit.
I used to ride my bike a mile to work. I doubt I could get a block now.
I need to do weights and cardio. I need to shrink my belly and I need my boobs to go back up where they belong!!! And what is that wiggly stuff on the back of my arms? THAT has got to GO!!!
Last week I downloaded a 6 week workout app to my Ipod. Yesterday (yes it took me a week to actually start it) I started using it. It gives you set instructions for exercises to do each day.
Yesterday was weight lifting, upper body. I DID THEM!!!! WOO HOO!!:BigHand:
Then my booby muscles hurt today! :rolleyes24: Oh well guess that means it's working!!!
Today: was to do 20 mins of cardio. I mowed the yard for 30 mins. Even did the steep ditches for extra workout!
Yeah me!! 2 days!!!!:smile:
SOOOOO MY Goals:
1. Follow the 6 week program (except weekends, will be plenty busy with family activities)
2. Eat better ( doc says I'm prediabetic; gonna fix that)
3. Not give up!! ( I CAN DO THIS!!)
4. At 6 weeks set a new goal

What I need from YOU:
1. ENCOURAGEMENT
2. Any advice you care to share
3. If you wanna get fit, JOIN ME, we can be support for each other.

I will post here often and update when I've done good and even if I haven't done so good. Nobodys perfect but I am going to give this my best shot!!

Spanelli8706
05-04-2011, 02:08:53 PM
Good luck!

crecian
05-04-2011, 06:03:33 PM
good luck...I am also trying to get fit again, we started a biggest loser contest at work. So, today I bought ankle and wrist weights to start...I need to get an excercise routine tho. I will keep an eye on your post to see how you are doing and update you on my progress too.

angeliainwonderland
05-04-2011, 06:27:35 PM
Crecian: are you going to use the weights in a workout regime or just walkin? Good luck

Did good today did my weights. Ad we ordered Pizza Hut and controlled myself and stuck to 1 piece and a few wings!!! Salad last night so IT ALL GOOD!!

angeliainwonderland
05-07-2011, 04:30:26 PM
Moving this to a blog

mom2lucas
05-07-2011, 05:01:15 PM
I'm curious as to the 6 week program you got for the iPod. Could you share the name of it, either here or through a message?

angeliainwonderland
05-07-2011, 06:56:18 PM
I'm curious as to the 6 week program you got for the iPod. Could you share the name of it, either here or through a message?

It is called 6 week beginner workout. It is a free app for iphone. i have an ipod touch 4th generation. So far I have found that iphone apps work on ipod touch.
Just go into the itunes store and search 'workout free apps' and it will pull a bunch up. I have also downloaded a personal trainer app. You can set timers, gaols and keep records. I also have an ab workout app.
I love itunes free apps . You can get em for almost anything.

angeliainwonderland
05-07-2011, 06:58:57 PM
UUGGGHHH! I ate a big bowl of strawberry ice cream with alot of choc syrup!!
BAD GIRL!!! Now I feel like crap! Serves me right, I know I'm not supposed to eat that crap!
I really am my own worst enemy! I feel better when I eat better yet I continue to do this! UUGGHH!!

VivaciousJewelz
05-07-2011, 07:03:46 PM
UUGGGHHH! I ate a big bowl of strawberry ice cream with alot of choc syrup!!
BAD GIRL!!! Now I feel like crap! Serves me right, I know I'm not supposed to eat that crap!
I really am my own worst enemy! I feel better when I eat better yet I continue to do this! UUGGHH!!

I had some chocolate cream pie so I feel your pain! Back on the diet tomorrow! :giggle2:

abond0017
05-08-2011, 10:34:26 PM
I hope you meet your goal. I'll be thinking food thoughts of encouragement for you. Just make sure you remember that strong willpower and true desire are the most important parts of getting fit...then comes the exercise and eating right. You won't be able to do the latter without the former.
Good luck!

angeliainwonderland
05-09-2011, 02:41:57 PM
Thank you for encouraging wors. Much appreciated and needed.
For some reason I am in a "LOOK AT ME LOOK WHAT I DID' kinda mood!! Ever feel that way?
Anyway today good so far. Salad for lunch small snack this afternoon. Going to go do weights as soon as it cools down a bit. Our weight bench is out in our enclosed porch. HOT out there.
Well, CRAP, just reread last line and you know what?!?! Sounds like someone ('who me?') is making excuses not to work out! I am gonna go do it now! Geez excuses,excuses!!
I'm going!

crecian
05-09-2011, 03:33:23 PM
I need to put together a work out routine, not just walking but haven't gotten that far yet. I am SUCH a procrastinater.
I think some leg lifts and arm rotations...idk...maybe I should look online for ideas, don't have an ipod, iphone or anything i.

angeliainwonderland
05-09-2011, 03:55:41 PM
crecian: youtube has some workouts on it. I have never personally done that but a friend of mine has. Also check on tv. On Dish you can search by themes just choose health and some should pop up. Good luck!!

angeliainwonderland
05-09-2011, 03:57:06 PM
I had some chocolate cream pie so I feel your pain! Back on the diet tomorrow! :giggle2:
Just a lil slip. Hope you got right back into it!!

angeliainwonderland
05-14-2011, 05:47:11 PM
I have downloaded more ipod exercise apps. I did a butt workout and OMG my legs and bum ached for DAYS!!! But persisted and did ab and upper body the next couple days. ( When I told My 'oh so supportive' friend that butt exercises hurt me but ab didn't she said you must not be doing the ab ones right!! Oh I love my smartalec friends!)
Thats the good . Heres the bad girl part:
I just keep doing the 'mindless' eating. I think its boredom. UGH
BABY STEPS!!!