PDA

View Full Version : Buying Empty "Virgin" HP Cartridges for Recycling on eBay

pasharain
04-23-2011, 09:49:02 PM
Buying Empty "Virgin" HP Cartridges for Recycling on eBay
How to make a little money while saving the planet.

Whilst searching for something else entirely, I stumbled upon an eBay listing for "Empty Virgin HP Cartridges." Apparently, "virgin" means never refilled. It occurred to me that by buying these cartridges I could maximize my recycling rewards at OM. I searched for the lowest price and, more importantly, a reputable seller by checking feedback.

I purchased 50 cartridges for $.30 each and stood to profit $2.70 per cartridge by recycling. It all seemed too good to be true. But, a few days later, I happily accepted my box from UPS and recycled 20 cartridges the next day!

Since they occassionally run $5 per cartridge recycling specials, it is best to recycle at the end of the month. Holding out to the end of the month ensures you do not miss any such specials.

:alarm: VERY IMPORTANT :alarm:
At OM, you can only get back recycling reward "money" up to the amount you have already spent in the store.

IF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO SPEND FIRST, DO NOT RECYCLE. THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU FOR CARTRIDGES IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANYTHING IN THEIR STORE.

You can recycle up to 20 cartridges per month, which are valued at $3 each provided you spend $3 in the store for each cartridged recycled prior to recycling rewards being issued.

For example, if you bring in 20 cartridges throughout Month 1 and spend $50 on qualified purchases, your Month 1 Recycling rewards earned will be $60 but the rewards that will be issued to you will be $48 (which is $3 for each of 16 cartridges). The remaining $12 for the last 4 cartridges will be held in your account in a “pending” status until you make additional qualified purchases in at least $3 increments in subsequent months or until January 1 of the following year, when the account balance will be reset to $0. If no purchases are made by Dec. 31, recycling rewards are forfeited.

If any of this does not make sense, please ask. I will be happy to help you. :smile:

This tip added to the tips "sticky" blog.

pasharain
05-01-2011, 02:55:44 PM
:bump98:

pasharain
05-10-2011, 12:34:54 AM

pasharain
05-14-2011, 09:12:34 AM

pasharain
05-22-2011, 05:38:50 PM
http://static.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/smileyparty.gifBump to organize forum!