PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Recycling Rewards Using MIRS

pasharain
04-23-2011, 09:41:44 PM
If you recycle ink cartridges at Office Max, you probably know that you can only get back recycling reward "money" up to the amount you have already spent in the store.* I use FREE rebate items** (NOT 100% back reward items) to get my "amount spent in store" up and thereby maximize the amount I receive in recycling rewards.

If you are an eBay seller, you can go one step further and sell the rebate items and use the funds on something you actually need.

*You can recycle up to 20 cartridges per month, which are valued at $3 each provided you spend $3 in the store for each cartridged recycled prior to recycling rewards being issued.

For example, if you bring in 20 cartridges throughout Month 1 and spend $50 on qualified purchases, your Month 1 Recycling rewards earned will be $60 but the rewards that will be issued to you will be $48 (which is $3 for each of 16 cartridges). The remaining $12 for the last 4 cartridges will be held in your account in a “pending” status until you make additional qualified purchases in at least $3 increments in subsequent months or until January 1 of the following year, when the account balance will be reset to $0.

**Examples would include software that is FREE after MIR or any other item that uses a MIR. Please Note: Items that are advertised as 100% back in rewards DO NOT count toward the spending needed to obtain your recycling rewards.

If any of this does not make sense, please ask. I will be happy to help you. :smile:

This tip added to the tips "sticky" blog.

pasharain
05-01-2011, 02:55:13 PM
:bump98:

pasharain
05-10-2011, 12:34:22 AM

pasharain
05-14-2011, 09:12:03 AM

pasharain
05-22-2011, 05:38:16 PM
Office Max cancelled it's Rebates Program in favor of lower prices.