PDA

View Full Version : Editing a Database Entry

Gardencook
01-27-2011, 05:39:19 PM
I finally got started on my Have list and right off the bat had 2 Qs that arenít in the database. The first one looked too confusing to be my first addition, so I tried to add one for Cholula Hot Sauce and avocados. Got it added okay for the most part, however, I clicked both condiments and produce categories, but it only showed up in produce. How do I edit the entry so it shows up in condiments? Also, how do I make sure it shows up in both categories next time? :dontknow1:

TiggerToo
01-27-2011, 05:51:22 PM
Hi there, the QDB editors will have to edit the Q so it shows up...when you search for that coupon in the database, there is a report option, all you have to do is select report, then type what the coupon should actually say. The coupon editors will do the rest (I happen to be one of them ha!)

Next time when you are adding the coupon, hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard. This will allow you to select more than one category for your coupon. Make sure it is the ctrl key though, because if you hold down the shift key, it will grab all of them (speaking from experience).

Gardencook
01-27-2011, 06:18:22 PM
:thanks7:

I've been dragging my feet on starting my lists, because I've got a knack for running into problems. So far I've only entered a few coupons and already run into three that aren't listed. Keep thinking it's got to be me! :rolleyes24:

Am I the only one that got the Pull-Ups Training pants coupon in my inserts last Sunday? So far my other insert coupons have been in there. Hate to fill the Database with duplicates if I'm looking in the wrong place, but I've looked under Pull-Ups, Huggies and Kimberly-Clark and I can't find it. Maybe somebody just missed it. :dontknow1:

suesaving
01-27-2011, 06:55:58 PM
Sometimes it has to do with how that coupon is entered. Like for Pull Ups, did the person entering it use a hyphen (Pull-Ups) or no hyphen (Pull Ups)? those things can make a difference when you're searching.

However.... cheater tip. If you are adding all the coupons from a particular week's inserts, you can search the database for the date, say 01-30-11 instead and that should bring up all the coupons in the database for that date. So then you can just click down the list to add the coupons.

suesaving
01-27-2011, 06:57:02 PM
Also, you can try more general searching. Like with pull ups try searching "pull" and seeing what comes up. Being more general can help you cast a wider net, so to speak...

libertybelle
01-27-2011, 08:05:52 PM
yeah I noticed you have to play with how you search things. today i was looking to enter nature made vitamins, i put it in and it came up with nothing, but if you put in nature.. then it comes up with the vitamins and granola bars and such

Gardencook
01-27-2011, 09:15:36 PM
Found it!

My tearpad coupons were new, so it seemed possible they weren't in the Database, but I had a REALLY hard time believing a basic insert coupon wasn't in there yet.
Yes, I have been noticing how much you have to play with the words to find coupons while I've been trying to get a feel for things over the past several days. I've been noticing that if I give the first portion of a name, hoping for the dropdown to appear, I often get a garbled mess, instead of products starting with those letters. Guess it will just take some getting used to!

:thanks7: