PDA

View Full Version : King Kullen ~ Other King Kullen

Bunny2010
01-04-2011, 02:10:14 PM
Hi Evereyone, I am new to this board (this is my first post) and have been using coupons for a few months now. I noticed that the King Kullen board is pretty quiet. Just wondeing if anyone out there shopped at my favorite store. I find KK to be a bit more expensive but with the $1 double coupons i can get some great deals. It also seems like lately they have been having a few crazy deals every week and i stock up on those. I also like the store coupons in thier flier that come up pretty often. I have Waldbaums, stop and shop and pathmark in my area as well but i find King Kullen to be the freshest and cleanest store.
Anyone eles out there shop at KK?

redwagon
01-05-2011, 08:15:21 PM
Bunny - I too shop at KK often, mainly because it is the store closest to my house when I need to run out. Also, I like that they accept Internet coupons, and double all coupons up to $1. I find that very useful. I prefer Stop & Shop (2 of those within a mile of me!) but they don't take Internet coupons so I often hit up both stores. And I used to have a Waldbaum's but it was never very tidy so I'm not sad it's closed, and I've been to Pathmark a few times but it's farthest from my house (probably still within a mile). I probably should start checking out their ads and their normal prices to see how they compare, if I'm going to get into couponing. So if you have any good KK tips or deals, I'm a willing audience!

Denisew
01-06-2011, 06:38:41 AM
KK is my favorite, even though somethings are alittle more expensive. I go there for the sales and $1 coupon doubles. Otherwise I will run in Pathmark which is alittle further. We can get this forum going if everyone posts their findings. Even if it is one thing it helps!!!!

TickleMeShaylynn
01-06-2011, 08:30:17 AM
I prefer Stop & Shop (2 of those within a mile of me!) but they don't take Internet coupons

Stop and Shop does take internet coupons... I had a problem once there. Just refer them to stopandshop.com It says there that they do.

I think King Kullen is expensive but the doubling including $1 is great... I just don't like that my KK will only accept 2 of the same coupon. I also think it is odd that 2 stores pretty close to each other have different prices. I was at the kk in Bellmore and tetley teabags were $1.99 but the one in Massapequa they were $1.49. Go figure :)

Has everyone been getting the detergent this week?

coupongrl
01-06-2011, 09:08:17 AM
Hi Bunny

I also shop at KK. I think its great knowing that I am going to get off $10 from my order right from the start with the dollar coupons. I dont like that you can only use 2 coupons from the same manufacturer. They are a very clean store and have fairly nice workers. They do run great deals a lot and they all have a great fish department. And believe it or not I have found things there sometimes cheaper than at Waldbaums. I also shop at PM but they are too crowded by me and not clean, so its usually WB and KK, Stop and Shop is not convenient and I dont miss them. I usually just hit Waldbaums and KK and between the two do fine.

aprilrain
01-06-2011, 02:43:41 PM
Ditto to all previous posters, including the different prices at differ King Kullens. Are we all from Long Island? I do love that we have so many choices here, and all fairly close.

And yes, I did grab a few of the Xtra detergents this week, on sale for $1.49- $1 blinkie found in Waldbaums (that, of course, is now all wiped out- boo) = .49 cents each. It's not my favorite detergent but for that price I'll suffer, lol!! :hysterical:

Bunny2010
01-06-2011, 03:42:37 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks for responding.
I have found some great deals this week.
Ronzoni healthy harvest and smart taste--both $1
There are printables for both on Ronzoni - Promotions and coupons to help you save (http://ronzoni.newworldpasta.com/pasta_coupon.cfm)
if you hit the back button you can print two each.
This is a great deal $1/2. Double coupon and you get 2 boxes for free.

I printed 2 of each and am planning to do a seperate transaction for them.
I understnd KK policy on only 2 like coupons. Do you think they will give me a problem with (2) healthy harvest and (2) Smart taste? They are the same manufacturer but different products.

There is also a coupon out there for the pasta but im not sure of the insert date

Some other great deal i plan on buying---sorry i dont have the dates for the coupons i am using)
$.89 bumble bee solid white tuna(limit 6)--i plan on going twice for this deal
$1.99 quaker oatmeal (have 2 $1 coupons which will make 2 boxes free after doubling)
$.50 dannon yogurt(coupon $1/10=$.30 each after double)
$2.50 Terra chips($1/1=.50 after double)

I am loving the milk special $1.49 half gallon (limit 2)

Anyone eles find any good deals?

Bunny2010
01-06-2011, 03:47:58 PM
Ditto to all previous posters, including the different prices at differ King Kullens. Are we all from Long Island? I do love that we have so many choices here, and all fairly close.

And yes, I did grab a few of the Xtra detergents this week, on sale for $1.49- $1 blinkie found in Waldbaums (that, of course, is now all wiped out- boo) = .49 cents each. It's not my favorite detergent but for that price I'll suffer, lol!! :hysterical:

I'm from LI my closest store is KK about a 5 minute drive. Takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get to waldbaums,stop and shop and pathmark and those particular stores arent very nice. I am a really happy with KK so i dont even bother with the others anymore.

You got a great deal on the extra!!!
I am doing the CVS wisk deal tommorow. Just got my wisk coupons in the mail today.

Bunny2010
01-06-2011, 03:50:41 PM
Hi Bunny

I also shop at KK. I think its great knowing that I am going to get off $10 from my order right from the start with the dollar coupons. I dont like that you can only use 2 coupons from the same manufacturer. They are a very clean store and have fairly nice workers. They do run great deals a lot and they all have a great fish department. And believe it or not I have found things there sometimes cheaper than at Waldbaums. I also shop at PM but they are too crowded by me and not clean, so its usually WB and KK, Stop and Shop is not convenient and I dont miss them. I usually just hit Waldbaums and KK and between the two do fine.

Love that about KK---also love the coupons in the circulars that we get at home.

Bunny2010
01-06-2011, 03:55:32 PM
Bunny - I too shop at KK often, mainly because it is the store closest to my house when I need to run out. Also, I like that they accept Internet coupons, and double all coupons up to $1. I find that very useful. I prefer Stop & Shop (2 of those within a mile of me!) but they don't take Internet coupons so I often hit up both stores. And I used to have a Waldbaum's but it was never very tidy so I'm not sad it's closed, and I've been to Pathmark a few times but it's farthest from my house (probably still within a mile). I probably should start checking out their ads and their normal prices to see how they compare, if I'm going to get into couponing. So if you have any good KK tips or deals, I'm a willing audience!

KK is the closest store to me as well and at first i dreaded shopping there because i felt it was so pricey. Once i started using coupons i was amazed at how much i save. I do my matchups on Wed morning as soon as i get the circular. I am def going to post deals i find!

mlefferts
01-06-2011, 04:11:53 PM
I shop KK, but only for $1 doubles. I do the majority of my shopping at PM and SR, I sometimes hit up S&S or WB if the sales are good.I have 3 KK in my area (N. Babylon, W. Islip, and Bay Shore), all are about the same distance, I prefer the W. Islip store. PM is the closest to me (n. babylon), and I always do well with the sales.

mlefferts
01-06-2011, 04:16:54 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks for responding.
I have found some great deals this week.
Ronzoni healthy harvest and smart taste--both $1
There are printables for both on Ronzoni - Promotions and coupons to help you save (http://ronzoni.newworldpasta.com/pasta_coupon.cfm)
if you hit the back button you can print two each.
This is a great deal $1/2. Double coupon and you get 2 boxes for free.

I printed 2 of each and am planning to do a seperate transaction for them.
I understnd KK policy on only 2 like coupons. Do you think they will give me a problem with (2) healthy harvest and (2) Smart taste? They are the same manufacturer but different products.

There is also a coupon out there for the pasta but im not sure of the insert date

Some other great deal i plan on buying---sorry i dont have the dates for the coupons i am using)
$.89 bumble bee solid white tuna(limit 6)--i plan on going twice for this deal
$1.99 quaker oatmeal (have 2 $1 coupons which will make 2 boxes free after doubling)
$.50 dannon yogurt(coupon $1/10=$.30 each after double)
$2.50 Terra chips($1/1=.50 after double)

I am loving the milk special $1.49 half gallon (limit 2)

Anyone eles find any good deals?

I don't have a problem doing both in 1 trans as long as they are different products. I can't do 2 $1 ips for a product and 2 insert $1qs for the same product, but since 1 is smart choice and the other is healthy harvest my fav store won't give me any problems. W. Islip is my favorite.

lanita2007
01-06-2011, 06:21:41 PM
I'm from Staten island and have Pathmark , Stop&Shop, ShopRite and KK. I'm not so excited with shopping at KK, Much better deals I can get at Pathmark or SR. My KK is 15 min away so I shop here ONLY for $1 doubles. I canno't say that I love this store cause some of their cashiers are very picky with coupons but for sure with $1 doubles we can get pretty good deals!

and thank you all guys for posting here!!!

TickleMeShaylynn
01-06-2011, 07:51:39 PM
LOL I stopped at a completely different KK (I found a $1 off 4 cans of campbells soup so they were free) And wouldn't you know it the tetley tea bags were $1.79! Hahahaha too much... 3 different kk 3 different prices. Now to look up tomorrows deals :)

LisaMomTo2
01-07-2011, 04:05:49 PM
:smile:Hi all! I live on Long Island too (south Shore) and live near a KK, Stop & Shop and Pathmark. The Waldbaum's nearby closed about 1 month ago (can't say I shopped there much, it wasn't a nice store, and once I saw a homeless man eating out of the bakery free samples with his fingers (poor guy was hungry, but yuck!). I've been looking for couponing sites that match up KK's deals, but a lot of couponing blogs are located elsewhere, it seems. I did a search and came up with this site. Perhaps we could all help each other? Are we allowed to post other websites here? I just want to know so I don't disobey any rules. Thanks, and great to meet you folks! :smile:

Adrianeg423
01-07-2011, 04:11:59 PM
I am also from Long Island and shop at KK.. I will be shopping there this week to pick up so of the Quaker Oatmeal specials. I am also very new to couponing so I am always looking for help with price match ups..

meggers
01-08-2011, 02:03:43 AM
:smile:Hi all! I live on Long Island too (south Shore) and live near a KK, Stop & Shop and Pathmark. The Waldbaum's nearby closed about 1 month ago (can't say I shopped there much, it wasn't a nice store, and once I saw a homeless man eating out of the bakery free samples with his fingers (poor guy was hungry, but yuck!). I've been looking for couponing sites that match up KK's deals, but a lot of couponing blogs are located elsewhere, it seems. I did a search and came up with this site. Perhaps we could all help each other? Are we allowed to post other websites here? I just want to know so I don't disobey any rules. Thanks, and great to meet you folks! :smile:

Hi there & welcome! :wavehi:

Links to other websites that would be considered competition to this site are not allowed to be posted.

Any site that would, in any way, be of personal gain to the poster would not be allowed on the regular board. Nor may they be in signatures (unless they're a Hot Entrepreneur). We have a Hot Entrepreneur forum for referral links & business opportunities for our members for a nominal yearly fee. See more info here (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/hot-entrepreneurs/).

If a poster has a blog or knows of a blog that has a deal they wanted to share with others here, they may post credit to the blog, with a link, but only if the complete deal is posted here with it.

A good way to remember if the blog or site is okay to post names and/or links to is: if it has "forums" of their own, it's a competitor & not allowed. Mentioning other sites that are competitors can be done by giving the initials.

e.g. I saw on HCW that KK was having a special sale on Monday only for people with green cats. Hot Coupon World = HCW. :smile:

redwagon
01-09-2011, 08:17:31 AM
Ooh I might have to do that Quaker Oatmeal Deal. I'll have to print a 2nd coupon.

Lisa - you must be close to me, then, cause our nasty WB closed about a month ago too!

ccagg4
01-09-2011, 08:30:28 AM
Hey guys. I have a King Kullen and a Waldbaum's by me. Sometimes I'll hit up Shoprite but it is a bit out of the way for me. The cashier's at my store know me pretty well and are great about doing separate transactions to get around the coupon limits.

mlefferts
01-09-2011, 09:43:00 AM
$1/2 or $1/1 Ronzoni smart taste also in 10/17 ss, nov womans day & parents magazines
$1/2 or $1/1 Healthy Harvest in 10/10ss
Plus, normal price for garden delights in most stores is $1.99 a box, and I have $1/1 in 10/17ss and 10/3ss
quaker oatmeal q's in 1/2 rp (not sure which one)

LisaMomTo2
01-10-2011, 06:56:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome and reply!

LisaMomTo2
01-10-2011, 07:41:03 AM
Ooh I might have to do that Quaker Oatmeal Deal. I'll have to print a 2nd coupon.

Lisa - you must be close to me, then, cause our nasty WB closed about a month ago too!

Yes, I'm sure I am? Do you have a Traget closeby and an OLD Kmart that cloesd and nothing ever opened in it's place (which bugs me..lol)??:hello8:

LisaMomTo2
01-10-2011, 07:44:30 AM
:question8::question8:Anyone know of where to get a good coupon binder book? I'm tired of the small plastic one I have. It doesn't have enough sections and is hard to sort through. Thanks! :question8:

aprilrain
01-10-2011, 08:10:14 AM
I use a regular old 3 inch, 3 ring, binder (recycled and FREE!) with photo album insert pages that I bought at walmart. There is also a forum here on HCW about organizing your coupons that you might find helpful. Good luck!

mlefferts
01-10-2011, 09:51:48 AM
:question8::question8:Anyone know of where to get a good coupon binder book? I'm tired of the small plastic one I have. It doesn't have enough sections and is hard to sort through. Thanks! :question8:

I use a few different things. I use a file box for the inserts in date order (I leave them whole and clip as use or trade) and sale flyers, a zipper binder with card insert sleeves for loose ones or ips I find in abc order by product name (photo album also works great but my son kept dumping it upsidedown), and a 12 section plastic check folder for my individual store rewards filing (cvs ecbs, riteaid +ups, wags rrs, pathmark smartbucks, target q's, etc) basically store coupons and oyno type things. the binder and the file folder both fit in my file box, so I only have to grab that on my way in to the store. I used to get a lot of weird looks, but now people have gotten to know me and are used to seeing me with "the box".:whistle67:I can send pics if you like- just pm me your email.

coupongrl
01-10-2011, 11:05:42 AM
hi king kullen peeps!

My experience with KK is that you cant use more than 2 coupons from the same manufacturer even if its for a different product from them. That was a surprise to me. They are pretty strict about that. I got my oatmeal, just one, for free, and bought TROP 50. Its a buck a bottle after doubling coupon from last week. I missed the terra chips. Bummer. I shop before I go through the coupons from the Sunday paper.

The kid at the self checkout gave me a coupon for $5 off $25 order for next week. I didnt spend $50 like the circular says you have to to get it but she gave me one. I have used her when I dont go to self check so maybe thats why she gaveme it. Hey I ll use it this weekend. They always seem to have good icecream sales. They have the best Turkey Hill Icecream sales.

teresa#01
01-12-2011, 08:40:27 AM
Also the yoplaint frozen fruit smoothies are on sale for 2.99 with 1/1 coupon from last Sunday that makes them .99 each and they are so good its worth it.

mom23teens
01-12-2011, 10:25:02 AM
:wavehi:

I shop at kk for the $1 doubles as well but my main store is pm though( i have 2 kk within walking distance, i love to walk but all the snow we had is keeping me from getting deals lately) anyway to my understanding one of my kk will only double 1 manu q' for the same product if you have two alike please correct me if i am wrong

thanks to all for posting the great deals :smile:

Denisew
01-12-2011, 11:30:36 AM
:wavehi:

I shop at kk for the $1 doubles as well but my main store is pm though( i have 2 kk within walking distance, i love to walk but all the snow we had is keeping me from getting deals lately) anyway to my understanding one of my kk will only double 1 manu q' for the same product if you have two alike please correct me if i am wrong

thanks to all for posting the great deals :smile:
My King Kullen will double two manu's for 2 of the same product. Third one of same item will not get doubled.

JBD0407
01-18-2011, 09:00:40 PM
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/girl%20wave%20hi.gifI am on Long Island too and KK is the closest to me but I prefer Pathmark and Waldbaum's even though I have to travel a little ways to get there. But I love that KK doubles $1 coupons. I always felt KK was a little expensive. I love the sales at Waldbaum's and Pathmark. I always find sales at Pathmark for Eggo's frozen pancakes and waffles for $1.66/box, and we use these a lot. Ellio's pizza/9 slice for $1.98/box, Capri Sun juice boxes, $1.99, Lean Cuisine frozen entrees, $1.66 each. These are just some of the sales recently, now combine those with coupons and those are great deals! Has anyone gone to TraderJoe's, I never went there because I just thought it was a high end organic store, but a neighbor just filled me in and told me, it is absolutely not that at all. She said they have organic products at very good prices and she gets a lot of things fairly cheap ( she is not a coupon user howeverhttp://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/ROLL%20EYES%2024.gif) Does anyone know more about Trader Joe's, I'd love to hear. What were you saying about KK only accepting 2 coupons from the same manufacturer, I didn't know this?http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno%5B2%5D.gif

JBD0407
01-19-2011, 07:48:23 PM
Bunny, I have a question for you, I am new to this and need some help, ok here it is: I see you mentioned you do your "match ups on Wed. morning"... how do you do that? I know you are matching coupons to the sales in the circular, but where do you start. how do you know what coupons you have?, what system do you use of organizing coupons? Does this site have a place where I can look up King Kullen sales/coupon match ups? Do you know any where else I can get that info? Thanks so much

Bunny2010
01-26-2011, 11:35:28 AM
Bunny, I have a question for you, I am new to this and need some help, ok here it is: I see you mentioned you do your "match ups on Wed. morning"... how do you do that? I know you are matching coupons to the sales in the circular, but where do you start. how do you know what coupons you have?, what system do you use of organizing coupons? Does this site have a place where I can look up King Kullen sales/coupon match ups? Do you know any where else I can get that info? Thanks so much

Hi, I'm sorry, I have been so busy and haven't been on this site for a while. I am new to this site as well. What I do is sit with the circular and go thru the items that I want and I look on the coupon database to see if there are any coupons out. I have a binder where I organize my coupons by category. A lot of times I just know off the top of my head that I have a coupon. For instance I am so excited about next week. I have been waiting for a good sale on Progresso soup. Next week its on sale for .99 for the vegetable classic. I have (6) $1/4 coupons. Kk will double 2 like coupons so I will make 3 trips( I pass this store often). The soup end up being .50 each. $4/4-$2/4=$2/4 or .50 each. I plan on buying 8 at a time.
I don't think anyone specificly does matchups weekly on this site but I plan on posting some for next week shorly.
I have saved do much money with coupons! It takes a bit of time but I enjoy it.

JBD0407
01-26-2011, 12:48:28 PM
Thank you Bunny. Unfortunately I haven't found match ups for KK anywhere.

rainmom2004
03-19-2011, 07:08:50 PM
I don't know why they do that...It's frustrating...BUT, here's my tip...
Bring your home flyer with you when you go to a different store and take the items with price variables to the courtesy counter before you go to the regular checkout. Have customer service ring up these items at the advertised price on the flyer from the other store (you have to show them the other flyer as each store only has their own, but they have to honor the cheaper price if you have the circular, and they can apply any coupons at that time.) I know it's an extra step, but if you get on a regular cashier line, they will need to call a book keeper from the office anyway to do voids and coupon overrides, so it does alleviate the hassle in the long run. (Cashiers can only void up to $3.99 total per order...any amount over that requires a customer service bookkeeper, so it's easier to just go to cust service with the items in question and then go to a regular line for the balance of your order...the courtesy desk isn't set up to handle orders of more than a few items, so that's why I suggest only going to them for payment on the "problem items").
I work for them as a cashier...don't mean to offend anyone if I seem too "bossy"...these are just things I have come across as I work there. The sales combined with coupons can be a great money saver, and those are the items I buy there. That's just how I shop, regardless of which store it is, and I do shop at several different stores each week depending on where the best sales are.
Hope this was helpful...sorry it was so long!! LOL!

pasharain
06-01-2011, 11:07:33 PM
Upsie.