PDA

View Full Version : What is your New Years Resolution?

Doglover8180
12-31-2010, 04:01:43 PM
Seeing how it is the last day of 2010, I was wondering what everyones new years resolutions for 2011 are?

I have a couple:
- Drink more water... I do not drink enough water during the day.
- Decrease soft drink intake

I could probably come up with alot more but then the challenge would be overwhelming and I would quit before the month is out... so if I can just do these two, I will be happy.

Plus, I hear that people feel so much better when they drink more water and I feel so sluggish lately.

kval07
12-31-2010, 06:19:59 PM
Swear less. That's about it.

aimeebee
12-31-2010, 08:31:54 PM
Mine are...

Celebrate Everyday.
Taste the Rainbow.
Move More.

I don't always make resolutions, but when I have they haven't gone as well as I'd like. Usually I swear off something and in a couple of days or weeks, I have blown it and given up. I really tried to make resolutions to DO something and NOT to stop doing something. Instead of swearing off bad habits, I am trying to start good habits. Subtle difference, I know. But I am hoping that even just stating things positively will help. It is based on an idea from Renee Stephens who has a podcast about weight loss.

Taste the Rainbow, is about eating colorful, fresh foods more often, BTW...not about eating Skittles everyday. LOL

chitownmelli
12-31-2010, 08:38:17 PM
My New Year's resolution is to keep moving forward. I know I can do it!

heartse
12-31-2010, 10:00:17 PM
I'm with Doglover... those are two good resolutions, and I have been trying to do that more anyway...

Plus I wanna get moving more, but I am not gonna call that a resolution. Nor am I going to call the "Get out of debt by the end of July" a resolution... just something that I am finishing up.

justmama
12-31-2010, 11:10:32 PM
Meet my goal weight. I think when that happens a lot of other things will naturally follow.

3timesoccermom
01-01-2011, 12:16:02 AM
Mine is to stop putting things off so much. But I'll start next week. :wink7:

everprincess
01-01-2011, 12:19:59 AM
More organizing this year. Get the clutter gone and do more rebates. Just keep moving one step at a time. And I started tonight by cleaning out my binders, sorting q's for filing and cleaning off my coupon table. Tommorrow the big insert cleanout starts. Happy New Year everyone!

bunnynugget305
01-01-2011, 12:28:29 AM
Mine is to stop putting things off so much. But I'll start next week. :wink7:

PROCRASTINATERS UNITE!

............TOMORROW!

:hysterical:

DebK1013
01-01-2011, 05:15:21 AM
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I think my goals for 2011 will be:

1. To work on me. Move more. Get more healthy. More positive thinking. Letting go of the negative.

2. Save more money. I dont have a lot of debt but to at least pay off my deck/hot tub I installed in 2010. And once paid off, put more money in savings.

3. Declutter. In my dictionary I call it "decrapping". LOL In my mind, the less I have the more in control I am. I function better with organization. I like having less.

Last night I finally finished a book I started in October...if not earlier. LOL That felt good.

Onto 2011! Happy New Year all and good luck achieving your goals!

leqet
01-01-2011, 06:43:22 AM
I don't really like to make resolutions, but this year I hope to read through the Bible in a year. I try to do it every year but don't quite make it all the way through. I really fell off the wagon in 2010 and while I read everyday I didn't keep the plan AT ALL. I have used lots of different plans over the years. This is the plan I'm going to try this year: http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/readthebible/downloads/RBL-reading-plan.pdf (http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/readthebible/downloads/RBL-reading-plan.pdf)

MoneySavinDiva
01-02-2011, 01:14:17 PM
I have been contemplating New Years resolutions for a week or so now, and here is what I have come up with...

- Get rid of this muffin top that has taken up residence on my waist since the birth of LO
- Pay off hubs' Harley (or get it very close to being paid off)
- Get a decent amount set aside in our savings account
- Be a better wife and mother. The Proverbs 31 woman is my aspiration.
- To take better care of myself. Part of being a better mom/wife is taking care of myself, so that I feel better able to take care of others. It's an energy thing I suppose. I'm going to carve out an hour each week to do as I please (shop, bubble bath, etc.).

queenofthehivemomof5
01-03-2011, 08:32:17 AM
While I have joined a few of the challenges threads and I will do my best with them. My actual New Years resolution is to be happy. To do what I do everyday with a smile on my face. I do things that make me happy. To be happy and count my blessings. I am usually a cup is half full type person anyways but I want to just take more time and smell the roses and be happy about life. Of course there are going to be days when life sucks, but overall I want to have a happy 2011!

padmelupin
01-03-2011, 10:54:30 AM
Exercise. Lose 10 pounds. I need to lose more, but we'll start with 10.

Start watching True Blood again (DH and I watch it on our exercise machines. We've never watched it doing anything else).

1tricky1
01-03-2011, 01:57:27 PM
My resolution is to stop playing Farmville/Frountierville/Cityville/etc.
It really is wasting my time!!!
I have completely stopped couponing and doing surveys because of it, and thats not good!

Doglover8180
01-11-2011, 09:49:47 PM
:emb2:I feel really bad.... I had 2 resolutions - less soda, more water. It is only day 11 in the new year and I have done nothing different at all.....:emb1:

Anyone else in the same boat so that I can feel better? :sigh2:

:banghead:

kval07
01-12-2011, 08:05:31 AM
:emb2:I feel really bad.... I had 2 resolutions - less soda, more water. It is only day 11 in the new year and I have done nothing different at all.....:emb1:

Anyone else in the same boat so that I can feel better? :sigh2:

:banghead:

The easiest thing to do is not buy it. I rarely buy pop. Now, if I can get 12 packs of Dr Pepper for $2.50 or less, all bets are off, but I can make a 12 pack last for a long time. The only time I really drink pop is when I go out to eat.

Why not try just one of those things. Focus on drinking more water first.

angeliainwonderland
01-15-2011, 05:53:28 PM
Last year my resolution was: to drink more alcohol. I know , odd resolution ! But everyone I know drinks and I never do so I thought I would resolve to give it a shot. BUT, I failed! I only drank once last year. I just don't like drinking.
Anyway I came to realize that what it was really about was doing something for myself!! Something that makes me happy, not something that makes others happy.
SO this year I resolved to do more for my own happiness. Such as going out to dinner with my friends or renting a goofy movie just cuz I want to. Just small things. But small things that you do for yourself make you a happier person, which means it's good for your family cuz since you ae happier you are nicer. Right!?! Anyway that's what I told my kids on my way out to eat at fave restaurant with my friend and no they couldn't come!!