PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Weight Loss Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kimandkathess
12-13-2010, 09:17:30 PM
Hi:wavehi:es
I removed the original content from here. I wanted to clean things up and just have the contest, weightloss for each individual (insted of group total as well, too hard to keep up with and new members coming and others going, also wanted to post challenges and usefull links. Hopefully soon we can get a wiki in here.

NOTE: IF YOU SIGN UP AND DON'T POST AT ALL WITHIN 1 MONTHS YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONTEST. YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN BACK UP IF YOU POST. JUST TRYINT TO KEEP EVERYTHING LESS CLUTTERED.
ALSO IF YOU SIGNED UP AND HAVE POSTED, BUT HAVE NOT POSTED FOR 2 MONTHS YOU WILL BE REMOVED AND ARE ALSO WELCOME TO START AGAIN LIKE I SAID JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT LESS CLUTTRED FOR THOSE WHO ARE PARTICIPATING.

Contest: (idea of angeleyeza)
There is going to be a prize or prizes given out at the end of this. Not sure of the "terms" lol, yet but catch the potential prizes in post #33 and I will be updateing this area soon. Im thinking of a phrase, maybe something like "I survived the 2011 HCW weight loss challenge and came out on top" or something like that. I would like to do a certificate for everyone who participated and completed their goals.

You could get:
~tshirt
~magnet
~calender
~keychain
~mug
~hat
~mouse pad
~tote bag

Active Participants
~Me (kimandkathess) 190 to 130 current 181.8 pounds lost 8.2
~kimandkathess dh 234 to 172 current 224.0 pounds lost10
~angeleyeza 178 to 135/140 current 160 pounds lost 18
~XUfan 182 to 145 current 179.5 pounds lost 3.5
~justmama 164 to 134 current 162.4 lbs lost 1.6
~kulis 185 to 135 pounds lost 5
~sbp 166 to 140 maybe even 130 or 135 current 160.6 pounds lost 5.4
~saving-n-va 162 ....154 pounds lost 8
~jenrose 156.6 to 130 current 150.8 pounds lost 5.8
~cspigner28 202 to 160 current 196.4 pounds lost 6.4
~greenfrog57 143 to 130 current 139.6 pounds lost 3.4
~mom2lucas 233 to 180 current 230 pounds lost 3
~mamavader 226.5 to 170 current 218 pounds lost 8.5
~jahnaelong 173 to 145 current 164 pounds lost 9
~brokenangel 278 to 230 current 277.8 pounds lost .2
~irishsaver 158 to 130 current 155 pounds lost 3
~actvmom 147 to 125.8 current 143.8 pounds lost 3.2
~Shelly527IN 208.8 to 155 current 203.8 pounds lost 5
~5swans0805 223 to 199 current 219 pounds lost 4
~rdot 156.4 to 130 current 146.4 pounds lost 10
~Kremsh 236 to 156 current 234 pounds lost 2
~mrsthrifty 190 to 140 current 183 pounds lost 7
~cdeschepp2 141 to 130 current 136.8 pounds lost 4.2
~rebatequeen 175 to 130 current 174 pounds lost 1
~jensmith9780 120 to 105 current 118 pounds lost 2
~kim1013 175 to 150 current 170 pounds lost 5
~434Teresa pounds lost 11
~tor1rland 50lbs pounds losst 9
~frugalstafer 50lbs pounds lost 4
~brittanysmommy2007 149 to 125 current 146.6 pounds lost 2.4
~ Cdarrow26 172 to 160
~mrsjshultz 179 to 167
~couponmomof3 173 to 161
~mrsstunner

People who asked to join, but have not posted:
~cecaic0609 195 to 160
~Boxermama 180
~sns4063
~blossomed 164 to 134
~smee 55lbs
~cherryc9 192 to 145
~jaguar 165 to 135
~roxymama 240 to 200
~d48060 247 to 175
~dliver316 50lbs
~Jasmin71 175 to 150
~n2save 255 to 190
~CouponQueen 83 40lbs
~KRP1981 167.8 to 148
~boxermama 185 to 140
~pamakatrixie 210 to 150
~skw6559 255 to 180
~2mnyteens 270 to 230
~chitownmelli 177 to 130
~saving4earlyretirement 173 to 130
~Zwella_ingrid
~dpmgmo 20 lbs
~JrandMdB 55lbs

CHALLENGES

#1- REPLACE BAD DRINKS WITH WATER! Details post 391
#2- Walk up and down the stairs 30 times each day. Details post 472
#3- Track calorie intake

Tips:
~Free app for ipod/iphone "My fitness pal calories counter & diet tracker"
~Free app for ipod/iphone "Spark people diet and food tracker"
~Free app for ipod/iphone "Spark Recipes Healthy Recipes"
~Search for other diet/fitness related Free apps

Great links to follow:
Don't forget we also have a group set up at spark people.
Here is the link http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp
Its the HCW/OGD HOTTIES group

www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com) (thanks n2save)

Pictures of Foods That Wreck Your Diet: Smoothies, Latte, Popcorn, Trans Fat, and More (http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/slideshow-foods-that-can-wreck-your-diet) (thanks angeleyeza)

www.livestrong.com (http://www.livestrong.com) (thanks Xufan)
There's a calculator on Livestrong.com too. It's in the "myplate" section. You put your age, height, weight, and what you want to attain. Whether it's gaining, losing or staying the same. You can say 1 lb/week, 1.5 lb/week, etc. Then, you put your activity level and it tells you what your daily calorie intake should be. You can also track your calories if you register.

Portion Size Plate | Recommended Serving Sizes for Portion Control (http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-portion-size-plate) (thanks angeleyeza)

Soup recipe : Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe (http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe.html)
7 day eatting plan : Cabbage Soup Diet - 7 Day Eating Plan (http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/eating-plan.html)
(Thanks couponqueen23)

Inspirational Quotes/sayings:
This one is from angeleyeza,
a little inspiration i thought about today....

we here at HCW, can be the weight loss warriors of the HCW community, we can be better than the biggest loser, or any tv show, advertisement available for weight loss. lets prove them all that we at HCW can be the ones to change the world by not only couponing, but also in our inspirations to each other. We here all are committed to getting healthy as a change in our lifestyle. Its not a diet or a one day change. its our lives as a person, family member to help not only ourselves become better in our own ways but help our family's as well. The twinkle in our eyes that we get when we lose 1 or 2 lbs that is an achievement that we earn. The sweat, tears, and inspirations we share arent rendered by fake imitations, but of life changing instances that make us proud in our own sense of mind. who knows who is lurking on the site . looking for help. it might be a member just reading these posts and afraid to ask for an uphand in help, or simply someone that is not registered and afraid to come and join. all of our achievements and goals are all here laid out for us. we just all have to grasp our own realities and stay with our goals. You must love and believe in yourself. Leave out doubt, if you have a moment of weakness it is not a false hope or a let down just something to learn from. we all learn from our mistakes. In 2011 we all will make miracles. the first miracle is joining and making friends that understand and im proud to be a part of this family of friends.

hope this makes sense

Gluten Free Resources
A Year of Slow Cooking (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/) (thanks leqet and kulis)

What Are You Cooking Tonight? - Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Forum (Home) (http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/75238-what-are-you-cooking-tonight/) (thanks leqet)

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/) (thanks leqet)
They have a gluten free section as well. Not everything that is low carb is gluten free, but many things are both low carb and gluten free.

Top Three Worst Gf Products - Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Forum (Home) (http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/8127-top-three-worst-gf-products/page__p__53957__hl__Worst__fromsearch__1) (thanks leqet)

BeFreeForMe.com - Gluten free & Allergy free Coupons Samples and Recipes (http://www.befreeforme.com/) (link to sign up for gluten free samples and coupons)

Gluten-Free Products from General Mills (http://www.liveglutenfreely.com/products/default.aspx) gluten free products from general mills (thanks leqet)

LOW CARB RESOURCES
The Atkins Community - Create Account (http://community.atkins.com/security/register.jsp?rc=FreeBars&MCID=RedBox3Free) (THANKS ANGELEYEZA)

cecaic0609
12-14-2010, 06:56:29 AM
I have been trying since my daughter was born (15 months ago) to drop the weight I gained with her. I've lost about 20 lbs, but still have at least 30 lbs to go I have been overweight my whole life. To give you an idea, 90 lbs in kindergarten, 120 lbs in 2nd grade, 150 lbs in 4th grade, 190lbs in 6th grade. This definitely runs in my family. All I have to do is look at the person's food next to me and I gain weight; well, not literally, but I can't eat as much as other people without gaining weight.

However back in 2007, I went through some serious boughs of depression and went from 251 lbs to 149 lbs in a year! I NEVER thought I could be that skinny! Given that I am 5'8" and big boned (wear a size 11 shoe). While I'm not sure I want to get that skinny again (my collar bone and hip bones were popping out) and because I had been overweight my whole life and dropped 100 lbs I do have issues with extra excess skin (upper arms, stomach, upper legs) much life people who get gastric bypass, just maybe not to the same extent. It's something I really hate and am self-conscious about, but don't think without surgery it can even go away with exercise. At that point, I was a little too skinny for my body. I had a lot of family members accusing me of being on drugs (which I wasn't). Anyway, I'll put it out there:

Current Weight: 195 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lbs (by Summer 2011)

I definitely need the support though. It came off too easy last time because I was literally starving, but it has proven to be harder this time.

angeleyeza
12-14-2010, 07:09:31 AM
i have been trying and trying just seems so hard. i was down to 135 4 yrs ago but that was with Phentermine and supervised drs help. well once you go off of them you gain back! plus holidays and lots of stress. definately can use the support and help from you all here. i want to kick it into high gear. :smile: I know i can do it its just having the mind set.

current weight 175
goal weight 135/140

i will help support you all as long as you support me please. im only 5 ft 2 and i want to be a good example to my kids. I want to be here for my kids. they are my life.

VivaciousJewelz
12-14-2010, 07:46:08 AM
I bounce back and forth b/t 210 and 220. I've been using the WII Fit lately, but every time I get on the stupid thing, it says I've gained... :hysterical:

I think I'm just gonna start over in 2011 since I have my birthday, Christmas, AND New Years in the next 3 weeks.

Jasmin71
12-14-2010, 08:33:41 AM
I am with you, I am 5,2 and also a 180 lb.

I bought 6 weeks worth of Nutrisystem and will start on that and hoping to control my Portions which is a big factor. Also no eating after 6 pm....and a bottle of Water before every meal.

Goal is to get down too 150 lb by July 4 th. :)
So thats only 30 lbs.

another Year another TRY and as long as we try we dont fail !

kimandkathess
12-14-2010, 08:22:57 PM
Well I am glad to have some people to lose weight with!! I am going to keep a list (hoping to keep it up to date), with people who are in this! I also hope to keep up on how everyone is doing so we can keep motivating eachother!

n2save
12-18-2010, 07:20:04 AM
This sounds interessting - i thought i'll join you :) It looks like i would be the heaviest in the group :(.. but - i'm working on it.

I have joined a gym- last week and i'm dedicated once i set my mind to something.

Working ou t 5x a week - for the past 3 months- i have not skipped a workout ( execpt 2x when i was getting a cold ) but other than that i worked 5-6x a week min. 60 min- max 150 min at a time -

If you don't mind i would suggest an awesome website- for extra info and support it's free and it's all about weight loss- it can monitor your food intake and your kcls burned- lots of people to support you, recipes and all kind of stuff
i'm not sure if i'm allowed to put other websites here ? if i'm i will share it with you - i love it , helps me a lot-

my goal for 2011

SW- 255
GW 190

about 5 lbs a month to lose ..

kimandkathess
12-18-2010, 07:29:20 AM
Sure post the link! We love all the help we can get here :) Glad to have you join us :)

XUfan
12-18-2010, 08:04:31 AM
It's like deja vu for me! I think post to this thread every year. And...I'm back again. I do so well at first, and then I fall off...with good intentions of getting back on.

I'm not sure what plan I'll follow. I'm leaning toward just cutting back portion size and eating healthier in-between meal snacks (carrots instead of cupcakes??...kwim?). If I go too strict, I talk myself out of dieting!

Right now, I'm at 182. I want to take this slowly, so I don't gain it back, so I'm aiming for 5 pounds per month (hoping for more...satisifed with 5). This would make a 30 pound loss by June 1st. Just in time to dig out the summer clothes I wore 5 years ago, and see what fits!!

I can't wait!!! Count me in!

Hey..are we doing a weekly weigh-in?

n2save
12-18-2010, 08:06:45 AM
Thank you ..

ok, the website is : www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com)

it is amazing. First you need to open your own acct and set your personal info such as height/age/ weight etc.. than it asks you stuff like your life style and it tells you at the end your basic metabolic rate ( bmr ) - meaning how many kcls you need just to " stay alive and - stay the weight you are at right now )

Than - you can figure out how much you want to lose per week - it recom. 1 lbs- but not more than 2 lbs per week and it tells you how many kcls you should be consuming to reach that goal.

You can do your daily diary -food log- it's great because it has - i believe- every food that exists in the USA- you just enter it in the food search and it brings it up

first it may take a little bit of time to get your diary going- but after let's say 2 weeks it has all your foods memorized and all you need to do is " click " on it- and your logging for the day can take you less than a minute- tells you all your kcls, fat/protein/carbs/sugar - everything- so you know where you are " overdoing it " or where you need to increase something-

All kcls are not equal- theres a diff. between having 1500 kcl and eating 2 burgers in that kcls budget- or having 3-4 meals with healthier stuff in it..

Try it- i'm sure you will like it- if you are serious about reaching your goal- and you will love the community/forum - it's so active and friendly- i just love it :)

hope to see you there ..

n2save
12-18-2010, 08:13:49 AM
It's like deja vu for me! I think post to this thread every year. And...I'm back again. I do so well at first, and then I fall off...with good intentions of getting back on.

I'm not sure what plan I'll follow. I'm leaning toward just cutting back portion size and eating healthier in-between meal snacks (carrots instead of cupcakes??...kwim?). If I go too strict, I talk myself out of dieting!

Right now, I'm at 182. I want to take this slowly, so I don't gain it back, so I'm aiming for 5 pounds per month (hoping for more...satisifed with 5). This would make a 30 pound loss by June 1st. Just in time to dig out the summer clothes I wore 5 years ago, and see what fits!!

I can't wait!!! Count me in!

Hey..are we doing a weekly weigh-in?

I think i can write a book /or two about weight loss :) i have tried everything that exists. And i have learned- the only way to get this done is the - only right way - slow and healthy. jan . first is just another day in our life, just li ke every " monday " or every " to morrow ' - that's just another day- why wait ? why not today ? If your child or parent was seriously sick and the clock would be ticking, would you wait to cure them till jan. first ? or next monday ? or would you be doing anything you can - now ! today ! ? I'm sure you would do it right this second- you wouldn't delay it. Why do we do it to ourself ? We are someones parents, we are someones children - they want us to be healthy and be long time arround them .
We have a saying- i will try to translate it - but it will not sound as " good ' as in my language- but you will get the meaning of it..

A flood- comes quickly/rushes through and brings a lot of damage
but a slow river carves the " ways" and the hills ..
i can't really translate it well - but it means when a flood comes it will just bring damage- yes it's quick but it doesn't really change any thing for the better -it only ruins things..
but a slow water - seams like " not doing anything " but it's actually creating a long lasting path for itself.

Meaning- diet vs life syle ..

I don't want to write to much i know i can forget myself in this topic and go on and on - if you guys want me to - i can hhehe :) sorry if i'm taking to much of your time

kimandkathess
12-18-2010, 10:56:18 AM
Thanks for the link! I added it the first post in this thread. If anyone has a link they would like to share just let me know and I will ad it.

You can all weigh in whenver you would like. Weekly, daily, when you each a certain goal. Whenever.

XUfan
12-18-2010, 10:57:11 AM
n2save...I think I know what you're trying to say. And honestly, that's why I think that smaller portions and healthier snacks (along with some exercise, eating more fruits and veggies and drinking more water) is the way to go. It's an a "diet" so to speak. It's more of a change in lifestyle. I've tried more diets than I can list here...and I always do better if I just stick with common sense eating instead.

As for starting now instead of later...I actually have. I'm cutting back now, but I'm not "officially" starting until Jan 1st. I'll weigh in again then...and hopefully I'll already be down a couple of pounds.

By the way, my math in my earlier post was a little optimistic! LOL!!! 5 lbs per month is 25 pounds by June 1st...NOT 30. But, a girl can dream, right?

justmama
12-18-2010, 11:28:53 AM
I have been doing WW for 14 months. I have lost just over 51lbs. It is taking a while. But in the 14 month there has been only a hand full time that i gained weight, literally maybe 5 times. It is coming off .6-2.4 a week and just two weeks a go a whopping 3.2lbs in one week. I'm at 164 and have 30lbs to goal.

I am hoping to be down 10lbs by our Disney trip, we leave on Jan 20th.

kimandkathess
12-18-2010, 11:46:28 AM
congrats justmama! I am soo happy for you! 51lbs is great! I am happy to report that my dh has desided to go on the weight loss journey as well. He is currently 230. a healthy weight for him would be 172lbs. so he needs to lose 58 pounds.

kimandkathess
12-18-2010, 12:01:36 PM
Also wanted to let you guys know that if you have and ipod or iphone there is a free app from myfitnesspal.com its called "Calorie counter and Diet tracker" so something a little extra to use along with this site. And if there is anyone who plans on doing spark people or are already a part of there is one for them called "Diet and food tracker" This one is also free. Also a second available free app from spark people is Spark Recipes (healthy recipes) Just do a search with your Ipad/Iphone for apps.

There are a lof of good "free apps" our there for diet and fitness as well as healthy recipes.

I am going to be adding a "tips" section as well to the first post for reference.

Kulis
12-18-2010, 12:34:17 PM
I really need to join y'all.
I need to rid myself of about 60 pounds.
I'm not really looking forward to dieting in the first place, but now I'm planning to follow a recommendation to go gluten-free for two weeks and then gradually add it back in. I know I don't have much time to figure out my new diet, but my start date is January 3.
I'll be checking out those suggested web sites soon.

sbp
12-18-2010, 01:52:23 PM
I'm in for losing weight in 2011. My goal is to get from 166 to 140 and if I get down to 130-135, well even better!! I don't have a set date in mind for a goal, I just want to get rid of the size 12 jeans and be comfortable in my drawerfull of size 10's. There may even be some size 8's in there that I'd be willing to give up the size 10's for. :wink7:

I joined Curves at the beginning of November, and I've been on the CurvesSmart program for the past 3 weeks. I weigh in around the 3rd of the month and at my first weigh-in I'd actually gained 6 lbs BUT I'd lost almost 3 inches. On Friday I stepped on their scale just for giggles, and I'd come back down 3 lbs, so even with the holidays coming, I can't wait until my next weigh in to see how I've been doing.

Santa emailed me to let me know that he's bringing the kids a wii for Christmas and I'm planning on getting the wii fitness plus for me and working out on that on the mornings that I don't head to the gym.

I've never actually been on a true diet before - I used to be one of those annoying people who could eat anything and as much as I wanted and never gain an ounce. Those days are long gone :( I so miss them lol - I'm just trying to incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies into my everyday eating and cut out on the candy bars and other yummy snacks. I've upped my water intake a bit lately too, but I know there's still room for improvement there!

so to recap, I'm in for 2011!

:smile:

justmama
12-18-2010, 01:57:54 PM
Santa emailed me to let me know that he's bringing the kids a wii for Christmas and I'm planning on getting the wii fitness plus for me and working out on that on the mornings that I don't head to the gym.

Just a little heads up about the wii fitness 'games'. 2 years ago we got wii fit. My boys are not little. The are chunky, well ds12 is pretty much grown out of it, now but my 9 yo still is a little chunky, anyway. I'm not sure of your children's builds BUT when ds9 (7 at the time) got on and created his profile which included his birthday, so "mr. wii" knew his age. The little annoying voice goes

Calculating, calculating, oooohhhhhhh you're obese....:sad3::dontknow1: and the Mii hung his head is shame and shook his head.

saving-n-va
12-18-2010, 03:22:07 PM
I guess I need to join in. I need to lose about 20 lbs.

I just joined Weight Watchers online again.(great deal right now through Ebates) I lost a good 15 last time I did it, but I'm a stress eater, and life has been stressful...not a good combination..found the 15 plus another 5-10 lbs.

Not sure how often I'll be able to weigh-in as we will be moving temporarily to Philly for dh's radiation treatments. So it will depend on if the hotel has scale in the fitness room.

kimandkathess
12-18-2010, 09:50:15 PM
Wow, im glad to have a good group here to motivate eachother! We are up to 12 people.

I do wish we had one person joining us this year. Lets all keep momof4inmi in our hearts as we go through our weight loss journey.

Again, im glad to have motivators here :)

leqet
12-18-2010, 10:10:48 PM
I really need to join y'all.
I need to rid myself of about 60 pounds.
I'm not really looking forward to dieting in the first place, but now I'm planning to follow a recommendation to go gluten-free for two weeks and then gradually add it back in. I know I don't have much time to figure out my new diet, but my start date is January 3.
I'll be checking out those suggested web sites soon.

I lost about 20 lbs in my first two months gluten free. The key is to NOT eat any GF replacement items (GF bread, GF pasta, etc.). They are usually higher in carbs and calories than regular stuff with gluten. Instead stick with lean meats, fruits and veggies and you will drop weight in no time at all.

And since I'm posting in this thread I will fess up I haven't been very good this year. I dropped twenty lbs at the start but I didn't do any thing to lose more and I do need to lose more. I also have the problem however that I need to add muscle--my muscles got very weak from being bedridden before my celiac was diagnosed. Over this past year I've regained my ability to walk a good distance now without having pain or an asthma attack. So my goal is going to be to continue to be more active and alternate between walking and lifting light weights. I'm not going to set a weight loss goal because if I gain muscle I will weigh more (or it will even out). I will however set a goal for my clothes to get smaller. I currently wear an 18-20. I want to get down to at least a size 12 by next year.

skw6559
12-19-2010, 02:21:09 AM
I'm in 255 to 180

XUfan
12-19-2010, 04:21:25 AM
kimandkathess...Can you PLEASE change my stats in your OP????? I know it's not a big deal, but it should read 182...not 185. (Unless you're figuring...as I am...that the holidays might put that other 3 on! LOL!!)

Also, let's set my goal weight at 145...since I forgot to put that in my previous post.

BTW...thanks for starting this! I really hope this is the year we all hit our goals!

2mnyteens
12-19-2010, 06:31:05 AM
I would love to join this group. I lost 98 lbs. a few years ago, but went through some major depression and gained 60 of it back. I have now rejoined WW and am back on the wagon. I really need the support and accountability - my bp is WAY too high and I just plain don't feel good!

Starting weight: 270
Goal by July 1: 230

I do go to the gym at least 2 days a week. I need to go more often, but daughter is disabled and I usually need to get home to help with her.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join!

kimandkathess
12-19-2010, 08:57:25 PM
Alrighy peoples, list is updated to this points and i fixed it for you xufan...that would have bugged me too.

chitownmelli
12-19-2010, 09:14:34 PM
Wow, im glad to have a good group here to motivate eachother! We are up to 12 people.

I do wish we had one person joining us this year. Lets all keep momof4inmi in our hearts as we go through our weight loss journey.

Again, im glad to have motivators here :)

I'll join you guys! Momof4inmi is actually someone who really motivated me to join spark people with our little group that we had going there. I'm sure she's cheering us on :)

My starting weight is 177
Goal weight 130

I would like to do this by May, happy birthday to me - it sounds reasonable as I have been doing quite well lately.

Some things I have been doing: I'm down to one soda a day. No more, no less. The rest of the day it's water and iced tea. The tea is only very slightly sweetened with simple syrup (think 1/2 c of sugar to one gallon of tea) I think this has been helping most of anything as I am a real Pepsi junkie :)

I don't eat many sweets at all any more, and if I do, it's just a few small bites. Any more than that and I really don't feel so great anyway.

Portion control. It's seems that I am capable of controlling myself after all ;) So I eat more reasonable sizes at meal time, and then have small sized snacks in between using my small sized pampered chef bamboo bowls as a guide. I no longer use getting up and walking to the pantry for more as an "exercise" to justify the second helping, I walk to the sink and wash the bowl instead and decide that I am done eating for now.

Activity - I upped that too. I find any reason to get outside... my neighbors will be having me committed soon because I wear my ipod while being outside with the dogs and dance my fool head off while I'm out there (and they keep catching me tee hee). It's okay with me, I can dance in the back of the van when they come to take me away to the land of Oz. I'll be skinny when I get there ha ha ha.

Joking aside, I'm done being overweight and can't wait to cheer on the rest of our team. I'm starting now, because NOW is the best time to start any goal that you have :) Good luck everyone!

angeleyeza
12-19-2010, 09:29:45 PM
we should all go get physicals in the begining of the year to start out fresh. I thought about having my Vit D levels checked also Thyroids, and other stuff. liek BP and heart. just to be on the safe side. kwim?

angeleyeza
12-19-2010, 09:37:17 PM
im just praying i can stay motivated. I did well years ago and hoping the motivation gets in my butt again. I have an exercise ball, resistance bands, wii fitness games, workout dvds time to dust them off and get ready. ive tried southbeach did well until i incorperated carbs back into my diet. tried atkins, didnt care for it. tried diet pills out the wazzoo.

what i take daily:

1- multivitamin
1- Vitamin D 3
1- Super B Complex
1- Fish Oil gel cap
1- 5- HTP
1- cOQ10

anything else I should be taking that you all take?

angeleyeza
12-19-2010, 09:40:51 PM
speaking of exercise videos..... DH saw a comercial for a DVD of pole dancing to lose weight?!?!? LOL and he got excited that it included a free dance pole...ROFL

chitownmelli
12-19-2010, 09:46:46 PM
I heart Zumba!

n2save
12-19-2010, 10:16:28 PM
I was just thinking of " what " stuff we get stocked up for free or almost free and that can help us on this journe- because -let's be honest not all the things we get a really helping us - but here's a few from my list that i have in stock and that are helping me on my weight loss jurney

- bush's - canned beans -
- salsa
- frozen veggies ( try to stay away from the stuff with cheese etc- stick to plain veggies as much as you can )
- Jell-o fat free/ sugar free instant pudding
- Quaker rice cakes
- Fiber one bars / Nature valley bars ( don't overdo it )
- Cereals - ( need to have at least 5 gm of fiber and not too much sugar per serv)
- tuna pouches- these are often free- and very practical

That's all i can think of right now - probably there's more but .. for now enough

another things i do is- price match produce at wal mart- we have a lot of different hispanic market places that have every wed. some fruits and veggies on specials- so i try to stock up on whatever is on sale and than go from there-

There are great tips on you tube about " once a month cooking " - since we all are into couponing and have larger supplies on things- this might be helpful - at least it can save us some time in the kitchen- so we have some more time to workout

these are the things i have been doing to be able to go to the gym daily
cooking on sundays- not every - maybe every 2-3 sunday i try to make larger quantities of bread/ meat /

you can also look up really good and cheap recipes on myfitnesspal.com /on forums - search through recepies- i have found so many good ones esp. for slow cooker and soups- that we can basically make for free

HTH

kimandkathess
12-20-2010, 05:59:35 AM
lol angeleyeza! Thats the flirty girl fitness right? Im kind of a shy girl I don't know if i could be one of the people to do that.

I am going to take your awesome idea about a contest! So heads up everyone! There will be an award at the end of this. Still don't know how the winner will be determined yet since we all have different amounts to lose and different dates set. I will think of something and there will be a custom certificate made for you as well as a choice of
~tshirt
~magnet
~calender
~keychain
~mug
~hat
~mouse pad
~tote bag

There might be a runner up prize...im open to any suggestions here :)

XUfan
12-20-2010, 06:23:57 AM
Ahhhhh...incentive!!! I love it!! I'm going to try to start a contest at work too. We work in a kitchen...and we love to eat! So I should be able to find a few people who are interested. And let's face it, working in a kitchen will make this a little harder. It's not like I can go to work to get away from food!! LOL!!!

I got out my size 12 jeans last night and longingly looked at them. I'm in 16's now, but I was in 14's so long that I wore them out...so I'll be making a Goodwill trip for a few pair inbetween sizes.

I can't wait!!!!

BTW...thanks for fixing my weight in the OP. The most I've ever weighed in my life (including pregnancies!!) was 183...so seeing 185 scared me!!! LOL!

angeleyeza
12-20-2010, 07:01:23 AM
today I started my day out the right way.. i ate breakfest..sometimes I forget LOL

multigrain cherrios with 6 raspberries and 2% milk

need to get milk i perfer super skim or fat free.kids drank all the milk up i bought and only had 2% left.

XUFan- string cheese in the reduced fat form can be a healthy snack. ;) just eat in moderation.

also i have snack bags ready to fill up with celery sticks and cucmber slices. got veg chopping to do. im gonna cut up the vegs up toss serving sizes in the snack bags for one week and track to see how i do this week. i know its early but I have to start somewhere right?

Tuna and peanut butter (reduced fat) are great protein sources .. also beans. ( if you can stand the gas factor..LOL im not into beans. im thinking low carb again because it worked well for me. carbs are my weakness. but everyone is different and carbs affect ppl in different ways. for some reason carbs go straight to my hips, thighsa belly and a$$ LOL

im opting for 1 hr of cleaning the house daily. im on my feet at work 8 hrs a day so its not like im just sitting around. The hard spot is.. I work at a potato chip plant. this is gonna be hard but once i dont eat chips for a week im in the good. please pray that temptation dont hit me this week!

kimandkathess
12-20-2010, 07:44:08 AM
I think i need to prepare my cupboards for weightloss. I did well when i was "eating clean" no processed foods. I felt good too.

I should lose some good amount of weight because I might be getting my tonsils taken out. I have had problems after problems with them. When I went to see my endocrinologist about my thyroid she referred me to a dr. because i should have outgrown the problem and have not. she said that there is a good chance of them taking them out. Im a little nervouse, has anyone else had theirs removed?

kimandkathess
12-20-2010, 07:51:17 AM
i updated the original post with contest info, hopeing to give everyone a cerficate when they reach their goal.

XUfan
12-20-2010, 09:14:55 AM
angeleyeza...string cheese is a great idea. I also like the 100 calorie cheese packs from Kraft. As for protein sources, you're right about the tuna, peanut butter and beans. Since I have a rare allergy to meat, those are the things I normally eat. I also like tilapia alot. You can do alot with it, it's very low in fat, and it's usually pretty cheap!

VivaciousJewelz
12-20-2010, 09:21:51 AM
Okay, I weighed myself again last night and it said I was back to 220... It was probably the three birthday cakes, food, and alcohol I consumed for my party weekend. I'm going to try to hold steady at this weight until after New Years, which means I'll have to exercise my butt off in order to prepare for Christmas/New Year's food festivities, so we'll see. I'll report my weigh in again after New Years.

Hoping to get to 190 by June or before. Though, I will say, I'll be focusing more on toning my jiggly arms and my jiggly tummy than losing weight, as those are the areas that bother the crap outta me in pictures. :smile:

XUfan
12-20-2010, 09:35:03 AM
Okay, I weighed myself again last night and it said I was back to 220... It was probably the three birthday cakes, food, and alcohol I consumed for my party weekend. I'm going to try to hold steady at this weight until after New Years, which means I'll have to exercise my butt off in order to prepare for Christmas/New Year's food festivities, so we'll see. I'll report my weigh in again after New Years.

Hoping to get to 190 by June or before. Though, I will say, I'll be focusing more on toning my jiggly arms and my jiggly tummy than losing weight, as those are the areas that bother the crap outta me in pictures. :smile:

I'm with ya on the jiggly tummy!! I used to call it a marshmallow...until the first time I saw Family Guy. Now...I just call it my Peter Griffin!! LOL! Mine's not that big...but still!!

saving4earlyretirement
12-20-2010, 11:39:12 AM
I added myself to the Sparkpeople group - my login is Leavnthew8bhind.

Current weight - 173
Goal - 130

jenrose
12-20-2010, 11:39:39 AM
OK, reading this thread convinced me to join. I'll have to do a weigh in later with my starting weight since it fluctuates alot and I have ate so much crap this last week with my families Christmas and have been so busy I didn't exercise at all. :rolleyes24:

But my goal weight is 135/140. I was about 125 before getting prego with my first but I gained ALOT of weight with him and then a little more with DS2. My boys are now 6 & 3 and I still haven't lost the weight. I NEED to do this!!!!

I think I'm about 160 right now. :dontknow1:

chitownmelli
12-20-2010, 11:42:17 AM
I'll have to get over to sparkpeople and keep up with the group! I've been slacking!

angeleyeza
12-20-2010, 12:11:56 PM
I had my tonsils and adnoise removed when i was younger. lots of liquids, jello, and ice cream! LOL your throat will be sore for a little while but numbing cold foods is the key. fat free sherbert is good ;)

If I remember correctly the $ tree has a freezer section and usually carry single pkgs of Tilapia . If your only eating it for yourself. these are like single serving sizes for $1 in the frozen section.

im staying away from "white" and limiting my carb intake. so only

whole grains
whole wheat bread ( i dont eat much bread as is )
brown/whole grain rice
sugar free/fat free ice pops and fudge cicles are a good before bed snack

hot air popped popcirn up to 2 cups only about 30-40 cal/servings. (without salt and butter)

try to not eat 4-5 hrs before bed this gives you belly time to adjust to the change and digest what is in your belly. eating beofre bed mostly causes heart burn because the food just sits in your gut as you are laying down sleeping your not working off the food you just ate. so it just sits in there .. giving you that "dumping" feeling..LOL

VivaciousJewelz
12-20-2010, 12:21:54 PM
I can't remember the last time I logged in to Spark People. I'll have to get to that soon. Yay for more people joining us!! :smile:

leqet
12-20-2010, 12:31:02 PM
What is Spark People?

VivaciousJewelz
12-20-2010, 12:43:46 PM
What is Spark People?

It's like a weight loss website/forum kinda thing. Like HCW, except for people trying to loose weight, be fit, etc. I think Katrina added the link in the first post if you want to check it out. It's totally free to join and some of us here are already members over there.

leqet
12-20-2010, 12:55:27 PM
It's like a weight loss website/forum kinda thing. Like HCW, except for people trying to loose weight, be fit, etc. I think Katrina added the link in the first post if you want to check it out. It's totally free to join and some of us here are already members over there.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

eta: I just joined (or attempted to join) the team. I'm GF_IRENE.

VivaciousJewelz
12-20-2010, 01:59:45 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out.

eta: I just joined (or attempted to join) the team. I'm GF_IRENE.

Yay! I'll thread you whenever I log in again, maybe tomorrow. :smile:

Kulis
12-20-2010, 02:16:34 PM
definitely going to check out sparkpeople
I should have a block to time tomorrow evening.

chitownmelli
12-20-2010, 02:24:56 PM
leqet - I saw you on our list in the group! Feel free to jump in on any discussion or start your own topics!

kimandkathess
12-20-2010, 04:45:42 PM
Everything is updated to this point

kimandkathess
12-20-2010, 04:48:01 PM
FYI We are up to 18 participants!! Yeah!!

leqet
12-20-2010, 05:04:11 PM
leqet - I saw you on our list in the group! Feel free to jump in on any discussion or start your own topics!

Thanks Melli, I'm still exploring the website, but I will figure it all out eventually. It looks like a good tool.

chitownmelli
12-20-2010, 05:19:22 PM
It is, it took me awhile to find my way around and I really like it now. Hope you enjoy it as well. It's nice because you can track everything you do and eat, and it gives you feedback every day. I do not like it when I don't reach my goals so seeing it right in front of me is a good way to stay on track.

kimandkathess
12-20-2010, 07:32:41 PM
I have not be honest here, i have only been on the site a handful of times, i use my ipod app more than anything. I just get a little confused by the site and it frustrates me.

chitownmelli
12-20-2010, 08:23:25 PM
what ipod ap do you use?

justmama
12-20-2010, 09:17:58 PM
Ok so i wanted to share this FABULOUS story.

Went to walmart today. I did too many transactions than i'd care to admit, for rebate purposes. Anyway, after like #4, there's a beep and the cashier has to check my id. She says, 'oh wow, you've lost weight'. Made my night :)

cspigner28
12-20-2010, 09:33:54 PM
I'd love to join in. I am at 200 right now, and would love to be at least 160!!! My prob is def staying motivated!! It is so hard to do it on your own, but now is becoming a necessity, my daughter is becoming overweight, and I never wanted that for my kids!!

VivaciousJewelz
12-21-2010, 07:16:10 AM
I'd love to join in. I am at 200 right now, and would love to be at least 160!!! My prob is def staying motivated!! It is so hard to do it on your own, but now is becoming a necessity, my daughter is becoming overweight, and I never wanted that for my kids!!

Welcome! :smile: I totally understand, I'm very careful what Cara eats so she stays at a good weight. Of course, she's very thin now and I worry that I'm not feeding her enough... :giggle2: I guess I'll always worry.

Glad to see all the new people!

chitownmelli
12-21-2010, 07:24:51 AM
Hey, C! Glad to see you in our group!!!!!

kimandkathess
12-21-2010, 07:40:08 AM
what ipod ap do you use?

I put a list of the apps i use in the first post under tips. There is a sparkpeople diet tracker also a sparkpeole healthy recipes. the actual names are in the first post.

chitownmelli
12-21-2010, 07:42:29 AM
Thanks! You would think I would have caught that huh? LOL!!! I'll look at the first post ;)

VivaciousJewelz
12-21-2010, 08:42:36 AM
Sometimes Melli doesn't pay attention... :poke:

jenrose
12-21-2010, 08:57:55 AM
OK, I actually weighed myself this morning and I'm at 156.6. So not quite as bad as I thought but still have a long way to go.

chitownmelli
12-21-2010, 09:28:42 AM
Sometimes Melli doesn't pay attention... :poke:

Sometimes?

VivaciousJewelz
12-21-2010, 09:46:06 AM
Sometimes?

:hysterical:

My bad!

kimandkathess
12-22-2010, 07:27:21 AM
We are at 19 participants! woohoo....!
Jenrose I updated your weight for you:)

angeleyeza
12-22-2010, 08:49:49 AM
today I cleaned out the fridge next is to go through the stock pile and donate all the "junk food" thinkgs i have on hand :

rice cakes
sugar free jello/pudding
fruit (no sugar added)
LOTS of fruit bowls (no added sugar)
frozen vegs
canned vegs (no salt and light salt)
chicken
turkey burgers
tuna(out my ears..LOL)
crystal light mix

VivaciousJewelz
12-22-2010, 09:02:26 AM
today I cleaned out the fridge next is to go through the stock pile and donate all the "junk food" thinkgs i have on hand :

rice cakes
sugar free jello/pudding
fruit (no sugar added)
LOTS of fruit bowls (no added sugar)
frozen vegs
canned vegs (no salt and light salt)
chicken
turkey burgers
tuna(out my ears..LOL)
crystal light mix

Yay! Yesterday... I exercised on the wii fit and then had a piece of cake. But hey, it's still 2010! :wink7:

Jen1
12-22-2010, 09:15:32 AM
Yay! Yesterday... I exercised on the wii fit and then had a piece of cake. But hey, it's still 2010! :wink7:
:hysterical: That wii fit makes ya hungry with all that jumping around. :giggle2: :whistle67: It's the wii's fault you needed that cake :whistle67:

I need it to just be out of the house, then I won't be tempted to eat it. My biggest 'weakness' is pepsi! NEED IT!! :sad3:

jenrose
12-22-2010, 09:27:56 AM
:hysterical: That wii fit makes ya hungry with all that jumping around. :giggle2: :whistle67: It's the wii's fault you needed that cake :whistle67:

I need it to just be out of the house, then I won't be tempted to eat it. My biggest 'weakness' is pepsi! NEED IT!! :sad3:

Pepsi used to be my biggest weakness as well. But then a few months back I ran out and NO ONE had it on sale. I refused to spend more than $2.50 a 12pk for it and by the time it went on sale again I had already gone thru the caffeine withdrawls so I just stopped buying it at all. It made for a few days straight of major headaches, but now, I have not had a migraine since! :BigHand:

VivaciousJewelz
12-22-2010, 09:30:10 AM

Lol! Well, we have cake and brownies left over from my birthday and you know how we all are about wasting food... :whistle67:

So I told myself I could only eat bad food if I exercised on the wii fit first!

angeleyeza
12-22-2010, 10:03:44 AM
what would you do if you worked in asalty snack/ potato chip factory? LOL I see thousands of lbs of potatoes EVERY day any flavor imaginable.

i dont eat them at home cause i get sick of seeing them..LOL

greenfrog57
12-22-2010, 11:41:47 AM
joined the spark group, so I guess I need to post here as well.... I'd like to go down 15 pounds or so. I will weigh in soon so I know an exact number. I am a lifetime member of weight watchers, so I know it can be done (and my mom is a ww leader of 25+ years). I am also an avid gym junkie. I work out 5x a week 60 - 120 minutes each workout. For instance, today I did 1 1/2 classes -- body pump then 1/2 class of spin -- kids were in day care so I felt 90 minutes was reasonable. I usually eat healthy but cheat often. My biggest problem is not getting in enough water. I do not have the desire to spend the money on Weight Watchers right now, since I am over goal. So, I am turning to you wonderful HCW-ers to get me going. Thanks for the support!

angeleyeza
12-22-2010, 12:54:04 PM
M gonna wear my false tooth to keep from eating chips at work ...lol

mom2lucas
12-22-2010, 01:29:15 PM
I'm in too (again). I'll have to weigh and post that later. I've not been weighing on the Wii because I'm sure I've gained back what I lost before summer.

kimandkathess
12-22-2010, 04:06:06 PM
Everything is updated to this point.

MamaVader
12-22-2010, 08:45:58 PM
I'm in, will post my specifics later.

couponmommyof3
12-22-2010, 09:19:25 PM
I'm in!

I'll try to keep this short:

Junior Year of HS:160
Senior Year of HS: 130-I took the summer in between Junior and Senior years and woke up every morning and rollerbladed for an hour! BUT I ate nothing but sunflower seeds and ate a regular size dinner. Starving myself basically.
First year of college: 140
First year of marriage: 145
Had first baby: 185 before birth, 160 at 6 week postpartum then went down to 150
Had second baby: 180 before birth, 160 at 6 week postpartum
Had third baby: she's 4 months old now-190 before birth

I now hover between 165-163. I don't have a plan, just to watch what I eat. Some days I do well, then some days I overeat, and then once I realize I've done that, the rest of the day goes to the junk food! So sad. I do plan on exercising though, but where is the time to do that?!

I don't really have a goal date either, my 10 year reunion is coming up, but we don't have a date. I really just want to lose weight healthy and stop being a frumpy mom!

But for this thread I will say I want to go from 165 down to 145!

Update: I moved a week to Orange Park, Fl and there's a gym right down the street. Looked into it and they have daycare!!!! I checked them out and I joined for $98, which included a processing fee. My monthly will only be $48. Most gyms right now are waiving the enrollment fee, which here was $79!!! If they had tacked that on I would have said no. Also, my gym has a satisfaction guarantee of 30 days, so if I change my mind I would get all that back! I hope it works though. I'm a stay at home with a hands-OFF husband, meaning I do everything by myself and never get any time to myself so I think this will help me get some sanity back in my life and maybe lose some weight in the long run. Is it wrong that I'm mostly doing the gym thing for the 2 hours a day I could have to myself?

kimandkathess
12-23-2010, 01:40:54 PM
Updated to this point. We now have 23 people!

brokenangel
12-23-2010, 06:31:26 PM
I would like to join please. My doctor has sent me to a dieticion because my weight is getting out of control. My weight now is 282 and Im setting my goal reasonable... 230.
You would think having a Type 1 diabetic in the house would inspire me to eat right... I know how to eat just dont do it.
I bought myself a Bodybugg for christmas, just got it yesterday. Pretty easy to get it started. Now I just need to get excerising.

kimandkathess
12-23-2010, 07:11:36 PM
Welcome brokenangel! We are glad to have you here. We will be with you every step of the way. You did a great job taking the first step to decide to lose weight! I added you to the list.

I have a question for you all. Would you be willing to do "challenges" periodically? I thought about maybe doing some challenges every so often and we could all post times/reps/miles...etc. depending on the challenge. Let me know what you all think.

For instance we could do a challenge where everyone could do 100 jumps with a jump rope and report the time it took. Then maybe down the road we redo the challenge with hopes of getting a better time.

chitownmelli
12-23-2010, 08:38:33 PM
challenges sound fun!!! I'm sure I would do a few!

irishsaver
12-23-2010, 09:03:23 PM
I wouldnt mind getting in on this challenge as I have gone up a few sizes in the last year. I joined the gym in the summer and was doing well but then school started and i was running to and fro instead of going to the gym. plus since turning 40 I have been having a hard time losing the weight I never had before ...
I am 165 I think and would like to get to 130..

I do know I am eating a lot more candy and cookies than I ever used to...

Challenges would be great. I used to time myself as to how long it would take me to walk a mile. etc. Good luck to all.

brokenangel
12-24-2010, 03:41:31 AM
Thank you for the welcome and I would love challenges like you mention.... I need somone to challenge me.

MamaVader
12-24-2010, 10:52:18 AM
Challenges sound good to me. :)

angeleyeza
12-24-2010, 01:24:23 PM
im up for a challenge! lol

greenfrog57
12-24-2010, 02:34:09 PM
ok-- weighed in before the gym this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought--> 143. I'd like to be at 130.

Of course, the weigh in was before I sampled the peanut brittle and corn flake holly candies. Shame on me! However, I did go to the gym once I found out childcare was open (yesterday, they told me it would be closed today so I went for 2 classes yesterday afternoon)

kimandkathess
12-24-2010, 03:07:06 PM
Well we now have 25 people! I am so happy :) I am glad you all think the challenges would be something you would like to do. Angeleyeza has been helping me out "behind the scenes" (THANKS SO MUCH :)! I am going to have a list of challenges ideas from everyone so if you have any ideas, just let me know.

Welcome everyone!

angeleyeza
12-24-2010, 06:13:40 PM
any way I can help myself and others ill try my best to help out. and YW :D

kimandkathess
12-25-2010, 04:23:32 PM
So how did everyone do today? I'm happy the day is almost over! Can't wait for new years :)

VivaciousJewelz
12-25-2010, 04:37:22 PM
I ate a big fattening breakfast... french toast, pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage... This was after a fattening dinner last night of ham, roast, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, greens, pasta salad, and cake.

angeleyeza
12-25-2010, 05:24:27 PM
omg lol if i would of ate all that i would be stuck on the couch all day LOL

today we had :

ham
scallopped potatos
mac n cheese bake
stuffing
green beans
corn
cresants

dessserts:

cookies
choc covered cherries
Chocolate silk pie
pumpkin pie

i havent had a chance but the chocolate silk pie with rich whipped topping and choc shavings is calling me LOL

other than that DD3 had DH up at 4am i woke up at 6am LOL they all opened there gifts up and then half of us fell asleep till about 11am started lunch ate lunch around 2pm and we just had supper so im debating on over stuffing myself with pie.

i did drink 3 bottles of water instead of soda today and only had 1 can of diet coke. go me!

angeleyeza
12-25-2010, 05:51:14 PM
what food will everyone miss the most as soon as jan 1st starts? eat it now! LOL

couponmommyof3
12-25-2010, 06:30:34 PM
what food will everyone miss the most as soon as jan 1st starts? eat it now! LOL

ANY kind of chocolate!!!!!!! I'll probably buy a Hershey bar and eat one square a day. :)

VivaciousJewelz
12-25-2010, 06:39:06 PM

Chocolate- cakes, cookies, brownies, double chocolate chip fraps from Starbucks...

Pizza- On a bad day I can eat almost a whole Tombstone pizza by myself :sad3:

Bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes...

I'm going to have to start cooking meals more at night instead of going to easy meals.

angeleyeza
12-25-2010, 06:45:55 PM
here is a great read lots of info on foods that can wreck a diet with shady labels.

Pictures of Foods That Wreck Your Diet: Smoothies, Latte, Popcorn, Trans Fat, and More (http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/slideshow-foods-that-can-wreck-your-diet)

angeleyeza
12-25-2010, 06:47:54 PM
i not that much into chocolate myself..but i like to drink soda.. diet soda.. but still thats alot of sodium.

ANY kind of chocolate!!!!!!! I'll probably buy a Hershey bar and eat one square a day. :)

CouponQueen83
12-25-2010, 07:44:41 PM
I'm in.
I have struggled for many years with my weight. I've been dealing with eating disorders and have gone from average, to WAY too thin, to overweight. I need to lose about 40 lbs to be fully healthy and happy in my own skin.
I don't want to post my weight but I will post a 'before' and 'after' picture (obviously, with 'after' to follow). The attached picture was actually taken today.

I'm going to be eating 'healthy' and 'clean'. not necessarily on any particular diet. Just lowering my carb intake (huge addict here), and trying to get more protein and veggies in.
I am also going to be doing some hiking and skiing and more activities with the kidlets I nanny for. :smile:

leqet
12-25-2010, 08:09:40 PM

Potato chips
Rice Bread
Pizza
Any type of carbs really--I'm going to try to go low carb again.

The only thing I plan to make and indulge in between now and the new year is some chex party mix. I just found gluten free pretzels and gluten free "cheerios" so I can make it the way we used to when I grew up. It's a family tradition to make it around this time of year. :whistle67:

mom2lucas
12-25-2010, 09:38:36 PM
I asked Dh to get me the Zumba Wii game for Christmas, and he did!! YAY! I did the tutorials and the first class today, and it was so fun! I might not be able to move by morning, but it was fun!

I will miss cheesecake the most. It's always my downfall.

VivaciousJewelz
12-25-2010, 10:17:28 PM
I asked Dh to get me the Zumba Wii game for Christmas, and he did!! YAY! I did the tutorials and the first class today, and it was so fun! I might not be able to move by morning, but it was fun!

I will miss cheesecake the most. It's always my downfall.

I started doing the wii fit and it's kicking my boo-tay! I looved going to Zumba classes when I went a few years ago, I need to get back to exercising.

sbp
12-26-2010, 07:55:15 AM
Santa brought the kids a wii yesterday, and I can definitely see that it'll be a good tool for me to use on my non-gym days. I didn't think I went too crazy yesterday, I bowled a couple of games, did one boxing match, one table tennis game and 1 wakeboard game. My right shoulder and arms are sore... I think mostly from the boxing lol

I'm going to look into getting the Zumba game and Just Dance, which some of my friends rave about for me!!

kimandkathess
12-26-2010, 08:20:56 AM
Well I don't think there is much I will miss. If it's not around me I won't miss it much. Just have to keep it out of the house.

I did find my "exercise". I am a big Michael Jackson fan so I told DH that I wanted the Michael Jackson Eperiance Dancing game. WOW what a workout it is trying to dance like Michael Jackson LOL.

I would also be interested in looking into the Zumbo Wii game. I watched an infomercial the other day advertising the Zumba dvds. Looks fun.

mom2lucas
12-26-2010, 08:49:25 AM
The Zumba game is a very encouraging game. It gave very positive comments while I was dancing, and there were no negative comments. Just, "Great job! You can do it!" type stuff. I loved it. The game with the wiimote holder is $30 at Walmart right now. Totally worth it.

Kulis
12-27-2010, 06:16:47 AM
I joined Sparkpeople this morning. My name there is JKulis.
I'll be spending the rest of the week figuring out what my eating plan (I hate the word "diet") and fitness plan will be.
Start date for me is Jan. 3.

What's this Zumba craze? I don't know much about it, but everyone seems to love it.

angeleyeza
12-27-2010, 06:57:58 AM
i belive its a dance/fitness type thing check here to see what it is.. I might get one my kids love to dance and this will be great for all ages:smile:

Zumba Fitness for WII - GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/wii/sim/zumbafitness/index.html)

VivaciousJewelz
12-27-2010, 06:59:34 AM
I joined Sparkpeople this morning. My name there is JKulis.
I'll be spending the rest of the week figuring out what my eating plan (I hate the word "diet") and fitness plan will be.
Start date for me is Jan. 3.

What's this Zumba craze? I don't know much about it, but everyone seems to love it.

Zumba is like latin dance aerobics. YouTube it to get an idea. I love it.

I started Shelley's suggestion of eating a tablespoon of honey every morning today. I think it might be good b/c it was really sweet, so it kinda satisfied my sweet tooth (since before I usually had a Starbucks chocolate frap w/ pound cake as "breakfast" :giggle2:), so that's my little experiment, I hope it works!

angeleyeza
12-27-2010, 07:02:15 AM
I took a tbs of honey this morning along with my daily vitamins because I forgot to take them last night beore bed. They say taking your vitamins before bed with a big glass of water helps your body to better absorb them while your sleeping.

VivaciousJewelz
12-27-2010, 07:07:01 AM
I took a tbs of honey this morning along with my daily vitamins because I forgot to take them last night beore bed. They say taking your vitamins before bed with a big glass of water helps your body to better absorb them while your sleeping.

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I often forget to take my vitamins (which is bad as I'm anemic and have a few vital vitamin/mineral deficiencies) so that will be part of my New Year's resolutions to try and remember to take them.

angeleyeza
12-27-2010, 07:20:09 AM
i figure it this way.. when i take them before bed... i will go to sleep on a full stomache without eating..LOL

mom2lucas
12-27-2010, 07:21:55 AM
I did the beginning Zumba workout last night, and it was easier to follow the second time!

I'm going to get some local honey and try that for my sinuses (and hopefully loose weight!)

I'm going to make adding veggies to my meals a priority. I've been slacking in that area.

sbp
12-27-2010, 07:30:38 AM
I ordered a dancing game for the wii last night on Amazon - should be here Wednesday!!

With the kids home from school this week, there'll be no going to Curves (no childcare there) unless dh happens to come home early from work any days this week (not likely). But this huge snowstorm that we're in the midst of is providing me with lots of exercising opportunity by making me have to shovel and push the snowblower. Round 1 is done, but there will be plenty more by the end of today!

mom2lucas
12-27-2010, 07:47:41 AM
I've got DDR Hottest Party 3 for the Wii also. I like it too, but I have to move the Wii to play it. Because of the kids, the Wii lives on top of the computer desk station. To use the mat, I have to move it down lower so the cord will reach for the mat. I need a wireless mat.

jenrose
12-27-2010, 09:33:45 AM
You all are really making me want a WII, but DH refuses to get one because he thinks the graphics suck. Oh well, such is life!

kimandkathess
12-27-2010, 10:51:39 AM
I want to start taking vitamins but I don't even know what ones I should take besides a multivitamin. Any suggestions?

Also.....I have figure out how we are going to do the contest.

It is going to run from Jan 1st 2011 to Dec. 31st 2011. Those who decide to "sticki it out" for the entire year will get a certificate. And the winner(s) who lose the weight and keep it off will get the prize(s). The top two biggest losers will each get a prize.

I downloaded an ipod app last night called the largest loser that calculates the percentage of body fat lost just like the biggest loser. I do need a starting weight though. so if you guys want to enter but didn't post a starting weight I need one. You don't need to post publically if you dont want to. you can pm me if interested in joining the contest.

I really hope you all enjoy the contest.

angeleyeza
12-27-2010, 11:06:32 AM
i take these:

D3
multivitamin
fishoil capsule
Bcomplex (has all B vitamins in them)
5-HTP (for stress and supose to help ease hunger)
CoQ10 ( for heart health)

make sure you ask your dietician/Dr for amts you should take daily it varies from person to person:smile:

greenfrog57
12-27-2010, 11:41:53 AM
My healthcare provider told me to add calcium to my vitamin list. I currently take a multi-vitamin, B Complex with Vit C (for energy), and occassionally Zinc.

greenfrog57
12-27-2010, 11:46:46 AM
BTW, I used spark yesterday to log foods (and last 2 days as well) but it doesn't work so well if you eat befire logging what you ate last. At least I was accountable -- ate 20 m&m's that were on the graham cracker roof of a graham cracker house kids and I made last week. I went over cause I kept thinking I had more calories because dh was on computer and I couldn't look. Grr. I should've had less snacks. That is certainly my biggest problem. I eat most of my calories as snacks. It is crazy. Note to self: more water, less snacks.

DD has cold symptoms, so I skipped my regular Monday morning gym routine. I will be making up with a Jillian Michaels 30Day Shred workout and a 30 minute dvd workout. I may still make the night time Body Pump class depending on if I precook dinner and if DH is home on time tonight.

KRP1981
12-27-2010, 12:42:16 PM
Count me in! I did this for a while for 2010 but I stopped updating, although I did continue losing weight. I got down to 165, but have gained a few pounds over the holidays.

Starting weight: 168
Goal weight: 148

I want to reach my goal weight by my birthday. Back when I had 30 pounds to lose, I decided I wanted to lose the weight by my 30th birthday...so, 30 by 30. Although when I set the goal I weighed 183 so my goal weight would technically be 153 for thirty pounds lost. But I ultimately want to be 148. I am 5'5" and more on the muscular side.

I have until April 7 (my birthday) to hit my goal! I'm excited!

jenrose
12-27-2010, 02:00:47 PM
OK, I joined spark.

I went down and did 12 minutes on the eliptical which was a stretch for me today since I have a head cold and can barely breath. :giggle2:

kimandkathess
12-27-2010, 03:47:25 PM
Ok, everything is updated to this point. I am pretty sure I got everyone on the list. I am getting ready to put everyone in (those who have a start/end weight) my ipod for the contest.

actvmom
12-27-2010, 04:16:42 PM
I would like to join this, if it's not too late. Last year I weighed 170. Now, I am down to 147. But my ultimate goal is 125.8. I am taking it slowly, so it will stay off. So, I guess my goal date will be April 15th.

jenrose
12-27-2010, 04:23:12 PM
I would like to join this, if it's not too late. Last year I weighed 170. Now, I am down to 147. But my ultimate goal is 125.8. I am taking it slowly, so it will stay off. So, I guess my goal date will be April 15th.

You've peaked my interest. How did you derive at the 125.8 I've never seen someone have a decimal in their goal weight before.

actvmom
12-27-2010, 04:38:59 PM
You've peaked my interest. How did you derive at the 125.8 I've never seen someone have a decimal in their goal weight before.

:hysterical:Well, I have an iphone app and 125.8 is the lowest number in the "normal" range, so that is my goal. I really, really want to be 115, but that would be in the "too skinny" range.

kimandkathess
12-27-2010, 04:51:14 PM
[QUOTE=actvmom;2721112]:hysterical:Well, I have an iphone app and 125.8 is the lowest number in the "normal" range, so that is my goal. I really, really want to be 115, but that would be in the "too skinny" range.[/QUOTE
]
Would you mind sharing what ipod app it is that you use? I love ipod apps. There are a lot out there but some of them end up being really cheesy.

actvmom
12-27-2010, 05:17:00 PM
[QUOTE=actvmom;2721112]:hysterical:Well, I have an iphone app and 125.8 is the lowest number in the "normal" range, so that is my goal. I really, really want to be 115, but that would be in the "too skinny" range.[/QUOTE
]
Would you mind sharing what ipod app it is that you use? I love ipod apps. There are a lot out there but some of them end up being really cheesy.

Well, there are several:

Ideal Weight: Tells you based on your height and age how much you are supposed to weigh

Weight Tracker: I like for the graphs

Target Weight: I use mainly because it has how many more pounds I need to lose on the main screen, kind of like when you have an email or text, it tells you have 1 or 5 or whatever.

MyNetDiary: is a calorie counter. I don't use this one very often, but I should.:wink7:

I think most all of them were free.

kimandkathess
12-27-2010, 05:22:22 PM
118 would be the lowest i could go to be at a healthy bmi..but i don't know if I coul go that low. I think I will stick with 130 for now.

kimandkathess
12-27-2010, 05:24:58 PM
I also have ideal weight and target weight. will look at weight tracker.

I have a free app that i downloaded thats called "Free Apps" and it sends me a daily list of apps that have been put at free for a certain time. I am betting that because its almost new years there will be a lot of free weight/health apps.

[QUOTE=kimandkathess;2721126]

Well, there are several:

Ideal Weight: Tells you based on your height and age how much you are supposed to weigh

Weight Tracker: I like for the graphs

Target Weight: I use mainly because it has how many more pounds I need to lose on the main screen, kind of like when you have an email or text, it tells you have 1 or 5 or whatever.

MyNetDiary: is a calorie counter. I don't use this one very often, but I should.:wink7:

I think most all of them were free.

actvmom
12-27-2010, 05:31:14 PM
118 would be the lowest i could go to be at a healthy bmi..but i don't know if I coul go that low. I think I will stick with 130 for now.

See, that's why I am sticking with 125.8. I would look unhealthy at 115, but a girl can dream, right?:giggle2:

angeleyeza
12-28-2010, 07:35:21 AM
i cant wait for all the great apps for my droid X love it!

mom2lucas
12-28-2010, 07:50:10 AM
I finally weighed last night... 233. Wow, all those holiday goodies were not good to me!

Goal weight is : 180. That's 53 pounds. At that point, I would be the smallest in my adult life.

actvmom
12-28-2010, 07:53:38 AM
My weight may, ok it will, go up by January 1. I am trying to eat all of the leftovers for meals, and Christmas leftovers are just not good for the scale.

So, I mentioned this to DH and here is his response, "Well, yea, but we are saving money because we are not having to go to the store and buy anything.":hysterical: Gotta love a man's mentality!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

VivaciousJewelz
12-28-2010, 07:57:27 AM
I finally weighed last night... 233. Wow, all those holiday goodies were not good to me!

Goal weight is : 180. That's 53 pounds. At that point, I would be the smallest in my adult life.

We almost have the same goal! Good luck, the holidays were pretty mean to me, too. :giggle2:

mom2lucas
12-28-2010, 07:59:56 AM
We almost have the same goal! Good luck, the holidays were pretty mean to me, too. :giggle2:

I've gained 8 pounds through the holidays. Stoopid cookies. :giggle2:

angeleyeza
12-28-2010, 08:09:14 AM
lets just blame that on santa.. heres why.....

santa gets to sit on his duff while we wrapped 100's of gifts, worry about finding the deals for him...black friday rush.... online shopping .. extree ship dates.. finding xmas dinner for cheap!... inlawws.... christmas decorations... family members falling out of cracks come visit you... kids.. hyper.. candy and more chocolate to make you feel better... christmas cookies galore thanks betty crocker...more cookies for santa.... cookies for your time wrapping all those presents... more sugar to get through christmas,... cookies.. cookies... cookies.. peanut butter bloosums .. chco chip cookies.. sugar cookies.. all dancing in your head... oatmeal cookies... chocolate filled cookies.. raisin filled cookies... oO.. cant forget gingerbread cookies...

ok now that cookies are gone.. there are sugar free.. fat free cookie recipies out there for us dieters. the thing is to eat 1 or 2 cookies not the whole pkg..LOL.

one goal was met lastnight at work.. i tasted NO chips! next goal is to go the rest of this week. what hel[ped me.. i think was the honey i did not crave salty snacks all day yesterday at all.

Shelly527IN
12-28-2010, 08:14:48 AM
Thank you ..

ok, the website is : www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com)

it is amazing. First you need to open your own acct and set your personal info such as height/age/ weight etc.. than it asks you stuff like your life style and it tells you at the end your basic metabolic rate ( bmr ) - meaning how many kcls you need just to " stay alive and - stay the weight you are at right now )

Than - you can figure out how much you want to lose per week - it recom. 1 lbs- but not more than 2 lbs per week and it tells you how many kcls you should be consuming to reach that goal.

You can do your daily diary -food log- it's great because it has - i believe- every food that exists in the USA- you just enter it in the food search and it brings it up

first it may take a little bit of time to get your diary going- but after let's say 2 weeks it has all your foods memorized and all you need to do is " click " on it- and your logging for the day can take you less than a minute- tells you all your kcls, fat/protein/carbs/sugar - everything- so you know where you are " overdoing it " or where you need to increase something-

All kcls are not equal- theres a diff. between having 1500 kcl and eating 2 burgers in that kcls budget- or having 3-4 meals with healthier stuff in it..

Try it- i'm sure you will like it- if you are serious about reaching your goal- and you will love the community/forum - it's so active and friendly- i just love it :)

hope to see you there ..

It sounds great! I'll have to give it a try! THANKS!!! :thanks7:

Shelly527IN
12-28-2010, 08:32:06 AM
I want to go from 208 to 155 (my lowest adult weigt) by July 1st. I'm 5'3 and 35. I just bought the Wii and used Wii Sports everyday for almost 2 weeks before leaving town for Christmas. I lost two pounds just doing that for 15 min-1hr a day! I added a pound back for my starting weight since I've been sitting on my butt eating junk since Friday!

kimandkathess
12-28-2010, 09:04:41 AM
Wow we are up to 29 people!!! Can't wait for everyone to get started.

jenrose
12-28-2010, 09:09:27 AM
Great Angel now I want cookies. LOL

angeleyeza
12-28-2010, 09:43:32 AM
well ya have till the 1st LOL sorry

jenrose
12-28-2010, 10:28:30 AM
What is your target calroie intake? Spark defaulted to say I should have 1,500 calories a day. And I'm not thinking I can keep myself that low most days. So it got me curious what others are shooting for.

kimandkathess
12-28-2010, 10:49:27 AM
I am going to do about 1500 calories a day. Don't think it will be too hard with the clean eating.

jenrose
12-28-2010, 10:50:43 AM
I am going to do about 1500 calories a day. Don't think it will be too hard with the clean eating.

Hmmmm.....maybe I just need to work on slowly adjusting my eating habits. I am a high calorie food lovin girl. If it isn't meat or cheese my family steers clear. :whistle67:

angeleyeza
12-28-2010, 11:07:08 AM
im at 1050-1200 for caloric intake /day

this way i have to choose alot of fresh vegs/fruit lean meat there is alot you can eat with that many calories.

i also noticed and read up that there are alot of food choices that you can eat that are healthy and a nice filler if you need a snack.

2 cups of air popped popcorn 9usually about $1-$2/bag depending where you buy it)only has about 30-40 calories no butter or salt. may seem bland but 2 cups is ALOT in my eyes...LOL im stocking up on popcorn definately! you can prepop and store in ziplocks measure out 2 cups per serving and bag it up. you can take these too work in the car and keep safely tucked away from popcorn theives (i have these DD3 is addicted to popcorn)

puffed wheat- ($1 /bag at walmart) low salt low calorie cereal you can top yogurt,,low fat milk or use in baking.

low fat/fat free ricotta you can actually make some good things with this besides pasta dishes...

add cinnamon, honey, fresh fruit, sugar free/low fat preserves, apple sauce, be creative. ( this is for ppl with distinctive tastes not everyone will like this)

celery sticks with peanut butter ( not just for kids!) i use the reduced fat jiff on the go's perfect serving size so you dont overdose on Peanut butter..LOL plus the on the go feature is great instead of carrying a whole jar of PB, and getting funny looks.

if you are a muncher try for low fat/low salt crackers. ( salt makes you retain water which in turn makes you look puffy.

try these options too:
Apple suace (sugar free)
steamed vegs ( try to have a different color everyday to make it different and you dont get bored)

eggbeaters with fresh vegs (peppers, onions, ect)
egg whites '' '' '' '' '' ''

turkey products likes bacon, sausage, burgers, lean, low fat meats, chicken, poutry, beef, ect

boneless skinless chicken breasts are the best.. seems to me lowest in fat content??

im not a tofu person but alot of ppl like organics or are vegitarian..try for lower fat versions.

lean nitrate free, low sodium lunch meats. low fat cheeses

low fat string cheese or cubed cheese bags

plain non fat low calorie yogurt.. i say this because all the yogurts that have added fruits have more sugar than the plain add fresh fruit to your yogurt for better vitamins and nutriants. can also be used in baking as a substitute for oil!!!!! ( hint this makes cakes nice and moist and lower fat. ;)

angeleyeza
12-28-2010, 11:20:40 AM
anyone going to use diet pills? is therre really a magic pill that acutally works?

kimandkathess
12-28-2010, 11:27:16 AM
You know what, I used alli and it actually worked. Thats the only "pill" i ever found to help out. I just stopped using it because I couldnt afford it.

If anyone wants to know about the clean eating lifestyle change you can go to
The Eat-Clean DietŪ (http://www.eatcleandiet.com/)

here is a list of the acceptable foods
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/uploaded_files/downloads/ecd_grocery_list.pdf

HTH

5swans0805
12-28-2010, 11:49:44 AM
Ok - I turn 40 in March the 21st to be exact and I am not going to be over 200lbs for my birthday. I curently weigh some where between 219 - 222 - you know how holiday's go. So that means about 20 pounds by March 21. I don't think that is too much to ask, but I would really like 25 - we will see.

We just adopted a little girl from China and I really feel like my life is complete with my family. My 2 boys and my girl. Now, I feel like I can focus on me. I hate looking at the pictures of me in China being so large, but I wasn't going to NOT take pictures of me in China on the Great Wall, or holding her for the first time!

I have made some big mental changes, and I really feel like I can conquer this. I will probably be doing WW - but not actually going. I lost 25 lbs with them about 2 years ago, and then stopped. I just couldn't get through the emotional issues. I have been working on those, and I think I can push through them and loose this time. I lost the 25 before in about 3 months - so I think I can do it again.

Thanks for the support - and can't wait to see all of the successes!

Kulis
12-28-2010, 11:52:37 AM
Yikes! I feel like I have so little time to choose an eating plan. I better get busy.

Are we planning a weekly weigh-in or anything like that?

XUfan
12-28-2010, 12:03:35 PM
Ok - I turn 40 in March the 21st to be exact and I am not going to be over 200lbs for my birthday. I curently weigh some where between 219 - 222 - you know how holiday's go. So that means about 20 pounds by March 21. I don't think that is too much to ask, but I would really like 25 - we will see.

We just adopted a little girl from China and I really feel like my life is complete with my family. My 2 boys and my girl. Now, I feel like I can focus on me. I hate looking at the pictures of me in China being so large, but I wasn't going to NOT take pictures of me in China on the Great Wall, or holding her for the first time!

I have made some big mental changes, and I really feel like I can conquer this. I will probably be doing WW - but not actually going. I lost 25 lbs with them about 2 years ago, and then stopped. I just couldn't get through the emotional issues. I have been working on those, and I think I can push through them and loose this time. I lost the 25 before in about 3 months - so I think I can do it again.

Thanks for the support - and can't wait to see all of the successes!

I got a little teary when I read your story! I hate getting my picture taken, and it hurts me to think of the fact that I've been places, but there's no "record" of it, since I run from the camera whenever I see it.

I know you can do this!! I did WW about 5 or 6 years ago. I lost 43 pounds in 7 months, and never went to a meeting! I got the info from someone...read it when we were on vacation...and started it the day we got home. It was fairly easy for me, because it's just common sense. Smaller portions, more water, more fiber, less fat.

Then, my husband lost his job...and our world changed. Big changes in a person's life can totally change their eating habits!!

This time, I'm going to try following the guidelines as much as possible. Again, not going to meetings or registering online. I probably will visit their message board, though. I was able to get some good recipes and advice the last time. I hope it hasn't changed too much since 2006 when I was there last!!

kimandkathess
12-28-2010, 12:52:36 PM
I think a weekly weigh in would be good. I am shooting for every friday. For my ipod app for the contest, i can't sumbit for a % of weight lost untill everyone weighs in but whatever is good for you guys.

kimandkathess
12-28-2010, 12:54:52 PM
xufan there is a free weight watchers ipod app as well if you have ipod/ipad/iphone.

XUfan
12-28-2010, 01:04:48 PM
xufan there is a free weight watchers ipod app as well if you have ipod/ipad/iphone.

Thanks, but I'm VERY old-school! No iphone, no ipad. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I had it! Heck, I don't even have a cell phone! LOL!

VivaciousJewelz
12-28-2010, 01:10:47 PM
Thanks, but I'm VERY old-school! No iphone, no ipad. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I had it! Heck, I don't even have a cell phone! LOL!

No cell???? OMG, I would die!

jenrose
12-28-2010, 01:12:09 PM

:hysterical::hysterical:

We have become so technology depend!

XUfan
12-28-2010, 01:19:59 PM

I've never had one, so it's not like I'm "doing without". I love the fact that when I get in my car, or I'm at the store...nobody can bother me! I actually do have an old tracphone. (It's silver and flips open...looks like the ones in the toy dept at the dollar tree!) It was my husband's phone, until he got a new job, and they gave him a phone. It's in my purse, and once in a while it rings...but it's usually someone wanting their ac or furnace worked on (thinking it's still his phone). But mostly, I just try to remember to recharge it every week or so. It had 114 minutes on it when he gave it to me in June. It has 91 minutes left on it now.

actvmom
12-28-2010, 03:23:30 PM
Hmmmm.....maybe I just need to work on slowly adjusting my eating habits. I am a high calorie food lovin girl. If it isn't meat or cheese my family steers clear. :whistle67:

That's what I have done Jen and so far I have lost 30 lbs. And more fruits and veggies for me, even if my family doesn't eat them.

VivaciousJewelz
12-28-2010, 04:27:44 PM
I've never had one...I actually do have an old tracphone.

*regbyandjulie falls over on the floor* A tracphone...

:hysterical::hysterical:

We have become so technology depend!

Yes, LOL!

If I didn't have my cell phone and an internet connection, I would CRY. I feel naked w/o my cell phone. I just got a new tech gadget for Christmas and I know as soon as I start using it I'll feel naked without it, too!

cspigner28
12-28-2010, 04:38:24 PM
Im not officially starting until the 1st, with some friends at work, but I wanted to share another website with everyone similar to sparkpeople.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/)

I joined it the other day, just haven't started using it yet

jenrose
12-28-2010, 04:46:18 PM
I just read an article by David Zinczenko and one quote really stuck with me. "If your food can go bad, it's good for you. If it can't go bad, it's bad for you."

And he also said that Turkey bacon is actually worse for you than regular bacon. That took me by surprise. Most Turkey Bacon is packed with chemical fillers that negate the effects of the leaner meat.

rdot
12-28-2010, 05:30:19 PM
I'm in!

For 2011, I decided to do the weight-loss challenge and regbyandjulie's savings challenge. If I'm going to stop eating out to lose weight, I should try to save that money to pay off bills, right?:giggle2:

Right now I am at 156.4 and I would like to be at 130 by June 1. Four years ago I started at roughly the same weight and ended up at 125 by that summer. After that I had my second child and all the weight came back. Since then, there were diets here and there where I would lose 5-10 lbs but I would always yo-yo back to the mid 150's. This time I want to get there and stay there.

My main problems have been carbs - potato chips and bread especially - and "mindless" eating. Many times I have sat in front of the TV or computer and not realized I've eaten a whole bag of chips. I really think thats going to be my biggest challenge.

actvmom
12-28-2010, 05:33:46 PM
I just read an article by David Zinczenko and one quote really stuck with me. "If your food can go bad, it's good for you. If it can't go bad, it's bad for you."

And he also said that Turkey bacon is actually worse for you than regular bacon. That took me by surprise. Most Turkey Bacon is packed with chemical fillers that negate the effects of the leaner meat.

See, now that is good to know because that is the kind of bacon my family likes. Now, we have to go back to regular bacon, oh darn!:giggle2:

kimandkathess
12-28-2010, 07:58:25 PM
well i am glad me and dh wont be eating bacon on our clean eating diet. I never knew that it was worse. Thanks for the quote as well. Its a real good one. :) Original post is updated to this point.

XUfan
12-28-2010, 08:38:41 PM
Im not officially starting until the 1st, with some friends at work, but I wanted to share another website with everyone similar to sparkpeople.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/)

I joined it the other day, just haven't started using it yet

I actually won't start until the 3rd. I'm working on the 1st...and then on the 2nd, I'm working with my bestest work buddy. She didn't work with me at all over the Christmas holiday, so she's bringing cookies and we're celebrating a few things. After that...I'm jumping in with both feet!

irishsaver
12-28-2010, 09:24:59 PM
I meant to stop at the gym today but didnt. I was so good a few months ago...

I now have a few months worth of personal trainer to catch up on... DH and I joined and share the trainer and he hasnt been there either so after having to buy a larger size pair of pants over the holidays and not fitting in my clothes I am so looking forward to getting back to my regular size which was 6 - 8 Oh just to get back in the swing of things again..

Shelly527IN
12-29-2010, 12:22:24 AM
What is your target calroie intake? Spark defaulted to say I should have 1,500 calories a day. And I'm not thinking I can keep myself that low most days. So it got me curious what others are shooting for.

I tried that myfitneespal ?? site that someone posted and it said 1200 for me...even after I editted it for 5 workouts instead of 3 per week. I think 1800 is better for me starting out. I want to stick with it!

mom2lucas
12-29-2010, 06:25:19 AM
Interesting about the turkey bacon. I always thought it was better. DH will be happy to hear that he's right on that subject. He despises anything "fake" when it comes to food. Instant mashed potatoes, black bean burgers ("fake" meat), turkey bacon, etc.

I did my 4th Zumba workout last night, and I've done the Wii Fit body test and some Wii Fit yoga moves twice in that 4 days. I believe tonight will be a yoga only. I've got a list as long as my arm of things to do.

Kulis
12-29-2010, 07:11:43 AM
Wow! I thought I was the only one left on the planet without a cell phone. Nice to know I'm not alone.

MamaVader
12-29-2010, 09:49:18 AM
Starting weight 226.5, goal weight for 2011..170

KRP1981
12-29-2010, 10:15:52 AM
I tried that myfitneespal ?? site that someone posted and it said 1200 for me...even after I editted it for 5 workouts instead of 3 per week. I think 1800 is better for me starting out. I want to stick with it!

That's what it said for me too! I played around with number of workouts and it stayed at 1260. That's too low, IMO. Like you, I want something sustainable. I will be shooting for 1500-1600.

gatosqueak
12-29-2010, 10:45:07 AM
Going to be kind to myself to try and obtain a goal instead of beating myself up.

Weight right now: 190
Weight goal by end of 2011: 180

Goals:
- Exercise 3x a week for 30 min
- only one diet/no zero soda drink a day
- any other need for caffine comes from tea
- eat less carbs + hubby eat less carbs
- only eat out twice a week
- take multi-vitamin and extra supplements at least 5 days a week

kimandkathess
12-29-2010, 12:14:14 PM
Up to 32 people. Updated to here :)

XUfan
12-29-2010, 01:18:26 PM
That's what it said for me too! I played around with number of workouts and it stayed at 1260. That's too low, IMO. Like you, I want something sustainable. I will be shooting for 1500-1600.

There's a calculator on Livestrong.com too. It's in the "myplate" section. You put your age, height, weight, and what you want to attain. Whether it's gaining, losing or staying the same. You can say 1 lb/week, 1.5 lb/week, etc. Then, you put your activity level and it tells you what your daily calorie intake should be. You can also track your calories if you register.

jenrose
12-29-2010, 01:23:32 PM

See now that one told me to loose 1lb a week I should be at 1611 and that is saying I'm seditary (sp?). Since I spend most of my day on the computer at work.

OK, I guess I better start adjusting my diet some. This is the hard part for me. :sad3:

kremsh
12-29-2010, 03:14:44 PM
I want to join! I really need to lose weight and have been putting it off and making excuses for waaaay too long. I want to be included in pictures again instead of always being the official photographer.

I hate to admit it but I'm the heaviest I've ever been including full-term preggers so I've got a long way to go. Hey admitting it is the first step right? I'll weigh myself officially tonight and add my weight loss goal too. DS is living out of town until May or June and I'd love to surprise him with a whole (lot less) new me!

I was already a member of sparkpeople so I joined the HCW group - my username over there is kristinhunt.

leqet
12-29-2010, 03:47:00 PM

Unfortuantely I am allergic to pork, so I will have to keep eating turkey bacon for those rare occaisons when I eat bacon. He's right though about some turkey bacon having lots of fillers. I also can't have soy and many of the turkey bacon brands out there add soy to the meat:sick77:. I get Butterball sometimes and it's okay (no soy not too many bad additives). But when I want REALLY good turkey bacon I get Applegate Organic (http://www.applegatefarms.com/products/organic_turkey_bacon.aspx)turkey bacon. The ingredients are: Organic Turkey, Water, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Sea Salt, Celery Powder, Organic Evaporated Cane Syrup, Organic Onion Powder.

sbp
12-29-2010, 04:09:23 PM
LOL - I can probably make Julie fall over again, when I tell her that my phone is a TracFone too!!! Really the only people that ever call me is DH or the school in case I'm out running errands and one of my kids is sick or gets hurt at school. Everyone else knows if they want to talk to me to call my house and if I'm not there to leave a message.

Ok, Used up my Walmart gift card today and got the Wii Fit Plus. I played around with it for about an hour and it only showed that I burnt 190 calories so I think I'll have to do it more intensely for it to work. And I learned that I have very sucky balance! lol

DH has the day off from work tomorrow, so he can stay home with the kids and I'll head to Curves first thing for a good workout!!

Jasmin71
12-29-2010, 04:37:04 PM
Updating I am actuelly 175 lbs..... per Docs.. :D

VivaciousJewelz
12-29-2010, 05:27:51 PM
LOL - I can probably make Julie fall over again, when I tell her that my phone is a TracFone too!!! Really the only people that ever call me is DH or the school in case I'm out running errands and one of my kids is sick or gets hurt at school. Everyone else knows if they want to talk to me to call my house and if I'm not there to leave a message.

We need Deb to create a "falling over" smilie just for me. This will do...

:mad83:

I am LOST without technology, which is funny, considering that I grew up with my grandparents and was behind on everything. All my friends got cells, iPods, and laptops while they were still in high school and I had to wait to buy my own in college. Maybe I have an addiction, but I like to stay connected and have info at my fingertips! :giggle2:

kremsh
12-29-2010, 05:56:06 PM
Ok confession time, I'm at 236, ideal weight on the high side is 156. I want to lose at least 50 by the beginning of summer, then I'll work on the rest. I'll need lots of encouragement, so ya'll root me on and I'll do the same!

jenrose
12-29-2010, 08:41:05 PM
Ok confession time, I'm at 236, ideal weight on the high side is 156. I want to lose at least 50 by the beginning of summer, then I'll work on the rest. I'll need lots of encouragement, so ya'll root me on and I'll do the same!

:cheerleader::cheerleader2::encourage2:

You CAN do this!!!

kimandkathess
12-29-2010, 09:40:15 PM
Welcome Kremsh!! You can do and we are here for you!

Just wanted to let everyone know that original post is updated to this point.

First weigh in is January 7th! Feel free to post bmi's and whatever else you like along with the weigh in.

kremsh
12-29-2010, 09:52:06 PM
Thanks Jen and KimandKath, I really want to get healthy again! I've got 2 furrbabies that need to lose some weight too so lots of walking in their futures, only thing is I hate the cold!

We can all do this together, I know it. Our future's so bright we've gotta wear shades!:giggle2:

angeleyeza
12-29-2010, 10:45:35 PM
I weighted in today to see santa/xmas damage 178...yikes...c an u please. Change it..

Shelly527IN
12-30-2010, 12:00:04 AM
I tried the livestrong website and it said I need 1401 calories per day. I'm going to start with 1800 and adjust from there. I weighed myself this morning (208.4) which is great considering I have eaten anything and everything while DBF and I were at his parents' farm for Chirstmas. Plus, today was the start of my "heavy" week if you know what I mean. I did 45 minutes on the Wii Sports tongiht. I love that thing. It's so much better than sitting and just moving my thumbs for a video game. I'm going to eat what I want (ice cream and pizza) until 11:59 12/31 and then the counitng calories will begin.

kimandkathess
12-30-2010, 08:28:07 AM
Everythings updated to this point. I also put xufans livestrong link in the original post.

angeleyeza
12-30-2010, 09:35:22 AM
Well so far No chips at work this week...this is a big difference im proud this goal will be met. Im dissappointed that I gained over christmas..I was very upset with myself which makes me want my goal weight even more. Im staying focused and getting prepared for this lifestyle change. Def. Going back to low carb. I know not to beat myself up it's just a hurdle that I can get over with friends like u all here to keep me motivated. I never had self esteem and im hoping this will help me find myself.

gatosqueak
12-30-2010, 09:39:36 AM
I'll still stick with my 10 for now and update as I go along.. Doc says hubby needs to loose 60 and I need to loose about 40.

angeleyeza
12-30-2010, 09:56:08 AM
Is there any HCW aps available?

Mytwogirls
12-30-2010, 10:56:11 AM
Thanks for the link to the weight loss tracking site. I just quickly checked it out and it looks great!

Boxermama
12-30-2010, 12:13:16 PM
I have been lurking on this site for a long time and have never posted anything. However, I could really use a support group like this to keep me accountable and get some weight off.
I would really like to join if it's not too late!

Current Weight: 185
Goal Weight :140

Thanks...

Stephanie

kimandkathess
12-30-2010, 04:27:50 PM
Welcome boxermama! Glad to have another participant :)

Pamakatrixie
12-30-2010, 09:23:54 PM
Count me in!! Right now my weight is 210, I would like to be at 150. My weight has been up & down since I was 17. I went from being a skinny kid to a pudgy teen. At 17, I was at my heaviest weight of 185 between jogging & fad diets I dropped to 137 within 3 months. I stayed around 140 until I became pregnant at age 20 and then I gained 45lbs. When I went in for my 1 month checkup I lost a total of 50 lbs, which would have been great had I kept it off.
Since my 30's I have only been under 200lbs once. That was in 1998 when I went from 230 to 160 within about 3 months. I got so sick I survived on bottle water & gatorade. I am now 46.
This year I want to lose weight to become healthy and do it at a healthy pace. I have osteoarthritis in my back along with no cartilage in my knees, my right knee is the worse. I have been told that if I would lose weight it would help with my knees.

SW- 210
GW- 150

kimandkathess
12-30-2010, 09:50:45 PM
Welcome pamakatrixie! I have added you to the list!

angeleyeza
12-30-2010, 10:38:42 PM
Im so proud that this challenge has grown so much in the past week! I can't wait to get to know ea and everyone of y'all. Please help me lose and ill be here. For u all. I just hope to stay motivated. I've been cleaning hardcore this week so im hoping it pays off next third./fri ill weight in and hopefully it will pay off. Low carbs is killing me but will be worth it in the end. No chips all week at work so I know I can do it...

mrsthrifty
12-30-2010, 10:59:59 PM
Ok I definitely need to get some support!! I am 190 and should be about 140. I am needing to lose weight before I get pregnant again...and my SIL just asked me to be her matron of honor at the end of April! YIKES! I don't even want to try on a dress :( So trying to lose as much as possible before the end of April. I plan to start walking/running for 30min-1hr a day and eating more fruits and vegetables and lean meats and no carbs or sugar for a while... I really want to make this a life style change and not a crazy diet. But to jump start I wanted to do the HCG diet for a few weeks and then just eat healthy and keep the exercise going. I'm sure you all may have discussed the HCG diet but if you don't mind ...can you tell me what you think of it or if you are on it how it's working for you?

gatosqueak
12-31-2010, 07:38:04 AM
I'm there too.. 190.. gah! I weighed like 130 when I was 20.. 6 years ago! That's way too much weight gain. Oh well, lol! 10 pounds a year!! :giggle2:
By the way, there was an awesome article in this month's All You about healthy eating habits.. not dieting!!

Ok I definitely need to get some support!! I am 190 and should be about 140. I am needing to lose weight before I get pregnant again...and my SIL just asked me to be her matron of honor at the end of April! YIKES! I don't even want to try on a dress :( So trying to lose as much as possible before the end of April. I plan to start walking/running for 30min-1hr a day and eating more fruits and vegetables and lean meats and no carbs or sugar for a while... I really want to make this a life style change and not a crazy diet. But to jump start I wanted to do the HCG diet for a few weeks and then just eat healthy and keep the exercise going. I'm sure you all may have discussed the HCG diet but if you don't mind ...can you tell me what you think of it or if you are on it how it's working for you?

mom2lucas
12-31-2010, 08:15:30 AM

My sister told me 2 weeks ago that she was getting married March 26th. She asked me to be her Matron of Honor. Eeek for the dress!!

CouponQueen83
12-31-2010, 10:21:52 AM
I've been pretty good so far, and I think I'm on a "stress diet," with the upcoming move and such. I haven't been able to eat much lately. Today I am sad (said goodbye to my SO for the next few months) and I am fighting old feelings of "My life feels out of control, therefore I am not going to eat today."

Going to a late lunch with a dear old friend of mine, hopefully will feel more like eating then. I want to be healthy -- in my mind I know what I need to do, but my emotions are getting the best of me today.

kremsh
12-31-2010, 10:52:49 AM
I've been pretty good so far, and I think I'm on a "stress diet," with the upcoming move and such. I haven't been able to eat much lately. Today I am sad (said goodbye to my SO for the next few months) and I am fighting old feelings of "My life feels out of control, therefore I am not going to eat today."

Going to a late lunch with a dear old friend of mine, hopefully will feel more like eating then. I want to be healthy -- in my mind I know what I need to do, but my emotions are getting the best of me today.

Deep breaths CQ, deep breaths! Enjoy your lunch and the companionship and know things will be okay. Give yourself a little time to be sad for SO leaving and think about when you see him again he will see a smaller you!

kimandkathess
12-31-2010, 02:17:55 PM
Welcome to all the new members! We are growing quikley.

I am glad everyone is staying on track with their goals.

I have not been able to eat much today. Just didn't feel up to it. I guess im just worrying about my health. I need to get a brain MRI done on next wednesday. Everyone tells me to not worry and I will be ok, but it's a little hard.

kimandkathess
12-31-2010, 02:23:54 PM
angeleyza- what potato chip plant do you work at? I didn't know there was one in Pa.

dliver316
12-31-2010, 03:39:28 PM
I am def in on this too! I have got to lose some weight before we have another baby...
I am looking into a gym near my house that has free child care...but man they are all so expensive.
I am so tired of telling myself I am going to lose weight and ALWAYS ending up letting myself down. I am over it!
This year with the help of this thread, I am going to change that!

I want to lose 50 lbs.

kimandkathess
12-31-2010, 03:55:09 PM
wow we are up to 37 people!

Shelly527IN
12-31-2010, 04:32:42 PM
Have a safe and Happy New Year! I will start counting calories in the morning! Good luck to everyone.

justmama
12-31-2010, 04:40:25 PM
Hi everyone, i have not been in the everyday chat, but i am here with you in heart and mind. I'll be going back to work next week (After Christmas holiday) so my chat/forum time will go WAY down.

Wanted to update everyone w/ my weigh in at Weight Watcher this morning. I lost 2lbs, for a total of 53.6. I am thrilled. My mini goal is to be 7lbs down before our Disney Trip, its a little over 3 weeks ago, so it's a little unrealistic, but it gives me something to strive for.

justmama
12-31-2010, 04:40:39 PM
Hi everyone, i have not been in the everyday chat, but i am here with you in heart and mind. I'll be going back to work next week (After Christmas holiday) so my chat/forum time will go WAY down.

Wanted to update everyone w/ my weigh in at Weight Watcher this morning. I lost 2lbs, for a total of 53.6. I am thrilled. My mini goal is to be 7lbs down before our Disney Trip, its a little over 3 weeks ago, so it's a little unrealistic, but it gives me something to strive for.

angeleyeza
12-31-2010, 05:14:02 PM
the "wise" brand potato chips there plant is located in Berwick Pa

XUfan
12-31-2010, 05:35:15 PM

You're doing great!!! An inspiration to all of us!! I only hope I do half as well as you're doing!

Don't worry about not being part of the chat. I can't keep up with it...so I quit trying. I know I'll forget to give pats on the back to people, but I just don't have time to read all of the posts when I log on! So...I'll post my losses (I HOPE!!!!)...just to stay accountable. But I'm with you all in spirit!

kimandkathess
12-31-2010, 06:09:42 PM
the "wise" brand potato chips there plant is located in Berwick Pa

oh wow, you don't live very far from me:) maybe like 3 1/2hrs

What do you do so keep from eating the chips? any advice?

angeleyeza
12-31-2010, 06:14:12 PM
chew like a cow at work on my gum ...lol and i take a tbs of honey in the morning ,1 before work and 1,before bed

kimandkathess
12-31-2010, 09:49:54 PM
Well its 10 minutes untill 2011! I am eating my last bowl of icecream :)

actvmom
12-31-2010, 10:02:04 PM

That is AWESOME mama!!!!!

justmama
12-31-2010, 10:35:22 PM
You're doing great!!! An inspiration to all of us!! I only hope I do half as well as you're doing!

Don't worry about not being part of the chat. I can't keep up with it...so I quit trying. I know I'll forget to give pats on the back to people, but I just don't have time to read all of the posts when I log on! So...I'll post my losses (I HOPE!!!!)...just to stay accountable. But I'm with you all in spirit!

That is AWESOME mama!!!!!

Thanks! I think i am going to post pictures. I am a visual person and it helps me to see how far i have come and helps me keep up w/ my goals.

cdeschepp2
01-01-2011, 01:31:34 AM
I'm in...newly divorced and I have a company party to go to Feb 19th...I'm at 141 want to be 130 and toned (pre marriage size) to get into my knock em dead dress and show him what he let go...so here's to 1 1/2 sizes down in 1 1/2 months. Wish me luck!

actvmom
01-01-2011, 09:31:55 AM
My "official" January 1, 2011 weight is 146.8. I started my lifestyle change this morning.

Mama - Please post pics! I am a visual person too and I am amazed at the difference from 2 years ago to today.

CD - you can do it!!!!! Show his butt he lost a good woman!

Good luck to all of you!

rdot
01-01-2011, 09:53:08 AM
Well its 10 minutes untill 2011! I am eating my last bowl of icecream :)

You sound like me - lol. I went to Taco Bell last night for my last pre-diet meal.

I am really excited about doing this challenge. So far so good today :giggle2:

cdeschepp2
01-01-2011, 10:42:00 AM
Okay I've officially started and if I can walk tomorrow it will be a minor miracle lol I watched the entire Eclipse movie while on fatburning interval (3 1/2 times) on my treadmill according to it I burned 803 calories and according to my gowear fit device I did 605 calories so let's hope I can keep it going! Good luck everyone I'm off to join the spark people group

irishsaver
01-01-2011, 11:37:49 AM
My official January 1, 2011 weight is 158 not 165 can you correct 1st pg thanks. I took no sugar in my tea today ... a start.:cheerleader:
I put my new ipod pedometer on my waistband last night.:encourage6:

I told DH I wanted him to take a picture of me in a skinny Black bikini and then take a picture each month to see the difference... I too am a visual person and thought of sticking one on my fridge. I know ugly to see squished into but that is what my goal would be!! but if it keeps me away from eating and keep me on the right track.. http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/girl%20clap.gif
Happy New us New Year to everyone.:excited1:

I joined the sparks website but am not sure if I can keep up on that over there, here and everywhere... I might just use the app on my phone to keep track of my eating... I have too little down time and am spread thin enough at the moment :dontknow1: but will try my best to get on as often as I can...

Now lets all focus on losing weight and cheer each other on.... :encourage12:

justmama
01-01-2011, 11:44:13 AM
Here's my pictures going left to right, row by row,
#1 first week of June 2009,
i started WW in Oct 2009,
#2 Nov 2009
#3 is Christmas 2009
#4 end of March 2010
#5 End of May 2010
#6 Middle of Sept 2010
#7 oops August 2010 (out of order)
#8 Oct 2010, surprised myself and fit into a smaller size, so i took a picture in the dressing room at JCP :)
#9 Middle of Dec 2010

(My smile is goofy because i got braces and feel/look silly trying to smile.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/momof2btd/100_2064-1.jpg

irishsaver
01-01-2011, 11:59:13 AM
Just Mama you look fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing... You have come a long way congratulation. You are well on your way... Yikes. +

Heck who cares about the braces you are improving the new you. I had my braces on few years ago too and didn't care as I was getting my nice smile just like you... Way to go.
Thanks for the inspiration... You did so well!!!

angeleyeza
01-01-2011, 12:11:56 PM
you look wonderful Justmama.. keep up the great work that your doing. its working for you! im proud of your accomplishments. As are many of us here. I used to have braces my entire HS years thats how bad my teeth were. dont worry im sure you have a beautiful smile.

XUfan
01-01-2011, 12:22:52 PM
Justmama....you're amazing!!! I am so impressed!!! Thank you for posting those pictures. They're very inspiring!!

frugalstafar
01-01-2011, 12:44:43 PM
I'm in and hopefully serious this year-I have my resolution printed out all fancy and broken down in quarters. So my goal is 50 pounds for the year, broken down into 12.5 pounds each quarter.

angeleyeza
01-01-2011, 01:08:31 PM
i think im going to break out the jillian micheal fit game later on today just to get on track or play with the exercise ball a bit.

brokenangel
01-01-2011, 03:22:42 PM
So my weight this morning was 278, should my weight on the first page be updated?

Smee
01-01-2011, 03:51:12 PM
I may be in. Grumble. I will be starting back at the gym. I lost some weight in 2010, but need to lose more. I would like to lose about 55 lbs.

kimandkathess
01-01-2011, 03:55:15 PM
Ok. Every new participant has been added to the original post.
"official" Jan 1st weights were updated. After today any weights posted will be recorded as pounds lost. I am going to ne adding lbs lost and current weight columns when people start to weigh in.
Frugalstafer- You sound like me lol, i have written down my small goals for each and everyweek. :)
Justmama- thanks for sharing the pics, very inspirational. I might do something similar for myself just to keep me on my toes.

cd- im sure you will show him what he is missing.

kimandkathess
01-01-2011, 03:58:04 PM
39 people!!!

cherryc9
01-01-2011, 05:02:34 PM
I don't really understand the whole "method" of ANYTHING here. But, I'm 5'7", 192, hoping for 145 (eventually) and am with you all on the weight loss goal. Oh, BRAND NEW to drugstore game, couponing, etc. Any "first purchase" Walgreens or CVS advise? I have NO coupons, or anything. Looking forward to tomorrow's paper. ;-)

kimandkathess
01-01-2011, 05:23:13 PM
I don't really understand the whole "method" of ANYTHING here. But, I'm 5'7", 192, hoping for 145 (eventually) and am with you all on the weight loss goal. Oh, BRAND NEW to drugstore game, couponing, etc. Any "first purchase" Walgreens or CVS advise? I have NO coupons, or anything. Looking forward to tomorrow's paper. ;-)

You will get the hang of it :)

Here is a good place to start on HCW Couponing Basics - Hot Coupon World (http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/couponing-basics/)

We are all here to help eachother so if you have a question I am sure someone will be able to answer it. :)

Its great to have you here willing to lose weight with all of us!

actvmom
01-01-2011, 06:57:06 PM
Here's my pictures going left to right, row by row,
#1 first week of June 2009,
i started WW in Oct 2009,
#2 Nov 2009
#3 is Christmas 2009
#4 end of March 2010
#5 End of May 2010
#6 Middle of Sept 2010
#7 oops August 2010 (out of order)
#8 Oct 2010, surprised myself and fit into a smaller size, so i took a picture in the dressing room at JCP :)
#9 Middle of Dec 2010

(My smile is goofy because i got braces and feel/look silly trying to smile.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c218/momof2btd/100_2064-1.jpg

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! You look WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Oh, I did that the other day. I had to buy a new outfit for my grandpa's funeral and went to Belk. I had so much fun trying on clothes in 4 sizes smaller than I was last year at this time. I took pics in every outfit and texted them to DH.:giggle2: I actually enjoyed shopping for a change.

angeleyeza
01-01-2011, 09:05:41 PM

we here at HCW, can be the weight loss warriors of the HCW community, we can be better than the biggest loser, or any tv show, advertisement available for weight loss. lets prove them all that we at HCW can be the ones to change the world by not only couponing, but also in our inspirations to each other. We here all are committed to getting healthy as a change in our lifestyle. Its not a diet or a one day change. its our lives as a person, family member to help not only ourselves become better in our own ways but help our family's as well. The twinkle in our eyes that we get when we lose 1 or 2 lbs that is an achievement that we earn. The sweat, tears, and inspirations we share arent rendered by fake imitations, but of life changing instances that make us proud in our own sense of mind. who knows who is lurking on the site . looking for help. it might be a member just reading these posts and afraid to ask for an uphand in help, or simply someone that is not registered and afraid to come and join. all of our achievements and goals are all here laid out for us. we just all have to grasp our own realities and stay with our goals. You must love and believe in yourself. Leave out doubt, if you have a moment of weakness it is not a false hope or a let down just something to learn from. we all learn from our mistakes. In 2011 we all will make miracles. the first miracle is joining and making friends that understand and im proud to be a part of this family of friends.

hope this makes sense .

5swans0805
01-01-2011, 09:18:19 PM
Well, I am going to weigh in tomorrow, I still had company today, so I didn't do great, but not horrible either.

I am excited about doing this. I am ready to make a lifestyle change. I am not thinking of this as a diet, b/c then I feel like I am depriving myself, and I don't want to do that, it isn't a mind set I am good at managing. I can have a cookie, but I really don't need 5, or 10 to be honest!

I am ready to make a change, and not let food control me any more. I am ready to be in charge of my life. If I can get control of my money, and tell it how I want to spend it, I can tell my food what to do! I hope that doesn't sound too crazy!?!

Well, I am going to bed! Good night all!

Justmama - your pics look great! Such an encouragement! Thanks for sharing!!!!

KRP1981
01-01-2011, 10:03:00 PM
Official first weigh-in: 167.8.

Shelly527IN
01-01-2011, 11:34:08 PM
Justmama: Thanks for showing pictures...you are doing a great job! Keep it up!

Official 1/1/11 weight 208.8

I didn't do too bad considering I ate at McDonald's and had ice cream. That and a dinner of corned beef, cabbage, black eyed peas and fried potatos. I had to have fried potatoes because I don't like cabbage or black eyed peas!

Shelly527IN
01-01-2011, 11:54:21 PM
I am loving the myfitnesspal! It's so easy to do. I just have to look up what I eat and it even stores what I eat. Much easier than adding it all up myself. Only problem I had was I accidently put it in after Midnight so 1/2 will be on 1/1. Oh, and I forgot to add the fried potatoes so they'll go in with today's food. I can even put my Wii Sports time in and it figures out the calories!

kimandkathess
01-02-2011, 08:04:37 AM
everyones start weights have been recorded. Can't wait to start putting in those pounds lost!!!

angeleyeza- that is very inspiration and completely understand what you were saying. Would it be ok if I put it in the original post (with kudos to you of course) so everone has it to read :)

irishsaver
01-02-2011, 08:20:36 AM
I was very proud of myself yesterday in how I ate. I didn't munch on snacks and cheese while DH and DD did either side of me watching a few movies last night... and I passed on dessert...
But I did drink my few cups of tea with no sugar... Yeah. a good start.
Now to get out and walk as its a nice day melting snow although DH said we would go to the gym together this morning...
I have been up for 3 hours and didn't walk yet so time to get and do it....

angeleyeza
01-02-2011, 08:59:16 AM
if ya want to i dont mind.. anything to help each other out.:smile:

everyones start weights have been recorded. Can't wait to start putting in those pounds lost!!!

angeleyeza- that is very inspiration and completely understand what you were saying. Would it be ok if I put it in the original post (with kudos to you of course) so everone has it to read :)

Kulis
01-02-2011, 04:09:13 PM
I'm all set to get started tomorrow.
My official start weight is 185. While I'm ultimately hoping to reach 125, I think 135 by the end of 2011 is more reasonable, so I'm going with that for now. As an intermediate goal, I'm like to be down 20 pounds (just over 10%) by the beginning of April.
I'll be counting calories, trying to limit carbs, and -- until Jan. 16, avoiding gluten.
Thanks for all the inspiration.

angeleyeza
01-02-2011, 05:25:12 PM
i had a stressful day today DH went and they did not have any parts for my car at the junk yard :(
ate spag. for dinner didnt want carbs but ate a bowl anyway with some buiscuits sigh.. hopeully tomorrow will be a better day.

kimandkathess
01-02-2011, 07:34:40 PM
my day was alright. Still not up to eating much lately :( Probably wont until after the test results. When I do eat, i try to make it something healthy.

Updates to Original post have been done.

Jaguar
01-02-2011, 07:46:37 PM
My life sentence aka baby weight refuses to leave. I have been trying to shed those pounds, but they refuse to leave.

My current weight: 165
My goal weight: 135 (by July 1, 2011)

angeleyeza
01-02-2011, 08:23:34 PM
id like to thank Xufan for the link to livestrong. it was very easy and opened my eyes to what i ate today i didnt eat much all weekend but today i ate more carbs than exspected. Tomorrow i have everything planned out. now im off to clean my kitchen to burn some spaghtetti calories.

kremsh
01-02-2011, 09:08:56 PM

hope this makes sense .

I don't know you very well yet but I'm so happy you are here, you give such an inspirational message i love you already!

I didn't do so well today, DD and SO are buying a new house so went to celebrate at Outback with her and SO parents. Had a 6 oz steak, baked potato (butter only but still bad) and salad. I did stay away from the bread and dessert though, that's a start. Work week is always easier for me than the weekends. I stay busy at work so a lot less grazing.

mom2lucas
01-02-2011, 09:22:38 PM
I'm watching my portions, but we had a kink in our plans for today and had to rethink lunch. We were supposed to eat lunch with the in-laws at their house, but they canceled at the last minute. Told us to grab something to go and come on over, but they weren't cooking today. Well, DH decided we were stopping for chicken and fries. I shared my meal with the kids, but I know I still had more calories than I should have for lunch. I could have spoken up and asked for something healthier, but I figured why complain because chicken & fries were still probably less fattening than what the in-laws would have fed us. That's another story, but it's my battle every Sunday for lunch. Country cooking with real butter, tons of salt, and fried everything with at least 2 dessert choices available at each meal.

I did eat a very healthy supper and then I did an extra workout. I don't usually workout on Sundays because of the time factor, but I did it today! Tomorrow I'll be on the go from sunrise to about midnight. Those days are good because I don't graze.

angeleyeza
01-02-2011, 10:27:00 PM
I dont know alot of ppl here very well. we just grow on ea other as we do. you did not do bad. They say if you deprive yourself sometimes of things you want it makes you want it even more later down the road. Ask yourself If you would have deprived yourself of what you ate, would you have been happier with ordering something else? would you have been miserable or uncomfortable? weight loss/lifestyle changes is not about depriving yourself of food or things you eat or do daily. mentally its a challenge to yourself of knowing when to portion your foods, what to choose for you . sometimes our choices are out of our hands for example eating out, take out, ordering in. some restaurants have calorie charts online some dont. steak isnt all bad and a baked potato is better than fried potatos. ;)

I don't know you very well yet but I'm so happy you are here, you give such an inspirational message i love you already!

I didn't do so well today, DD and SO are buying a new house so went to celebrate at Outback with her and SO parents. Had a 6 oz steak, baked potato (butter only but still bad) and salad. I did stay away from the bread and dessert though, that's a start. Work week is always easier for me than the weekends. I stay busy at work so a lot less grazing.

Shelly527IN
01-02-2011, 10:38:49 PM
Ok...myfitnesspal said that if evey day was like today, I'd GAIN 11 lbs. in 5 weeks! That's a bad sign. I had little debbie cakes, and I had to add what I forgot yesterday. Tomorrow's a new day. I go back to work so I'll have less time to eat. Just have to stay away from the candy dish in the office!