PDA

View Full Version : New Challenges for 2011

VivaciousJewelz
12-12-2010, 08:16:50 PM
Okay, so in 2010 we had weight loss, savings, exercising, contacting companies, decluttering...

I absolutely would LOVE to see people participating in these same challenges for 2011. Does anyone have any other ideas for additional challenge threads we can start for 2011? Anything new they would like to see or suggestions?

chitownmelli
12-12-2010, 08:23:02 PM
I think I'll stop procrastinating in 2011. Or maybe 2012. :P

No ideas really, I have a bazillion goals I am working on at once but nothing really that the whole group could get into.

MoneySavinDiva
12-13-2010, 01:56:30 PM
I have an idea. Other than saving money by couponing, I work really hard to come up with ways to save money in other areas of our budget (doing things to lower the electricity bill, entertainment costs, etc.) But it seems I always start strong with the "be SUPER frugal" plan and then sort of fizzle out.

So, what if each week we have a new frugal strategy to employ (for example week 1 - make sure all the lights in the house are off except for what you're using to lower electric bill, week 2 - shorten your showers by a few minutes to lower water bill, week 3 - plan an at home date night to save money from the entertainment budget, etc.) and then check in to let others know how we're doing. We can also share any differences we see in our budgets and the amount of money we've saved.

chitownmelli
12-13-2010, 02:01:48 PM
That's a cool idea!

VivaciousJewelz
12-13-2010, 02:10:41 PM
I think I'll stop procrastinating in 2011. Or maybe 2012. :P

No ideas really, I have a bazillion goals I am working on at once but nothing really that the whole group could get into.

Well you can still post and we can encourage you on your personal goals! :smile:

I have an idea. Other than saving money by couponing, I work really hard to come up with ways to save money in other areas of our budget (doing things to lower the electricity bill, entertainment costs, etc.) But it seems I always start strong with the "be SUPER frugal" plan and then sort of fizzle out.

So, what if each week we have a new frugal strategy to employ (for example week 1 - make sure all the lights in the house are off except for what you're using to lower electric bill, week 2 - shorten your showers by a few minutes to lower water bill, week 3 - plan an at home date night to save money from the entertainment budget, etc.) and then check in to let others know how we're doing. We can also share any differences we see in our budgets and the amount of money we've saved.

This is an awesome idea! I love it! :BigHand:I think I'll pull frugal suggestions from the Frugal Living board and will of course take any suggestions from anyone here! :smile:

chitownmelli
12-13-2010, 02:17:51 PM
Well thank you for the offer. You know I am a very private person, however if there is a goal that I would feel comfortable sharing, I would certainly start a thread - what a nice idea, thank you julie!

MoneySavinDiva
12-13-2010, 02:22:22 PM
This is an awesome idea! I love it! :BigHand:I think I'll pull frugal suggestions from the Frugal Living board and will of course take any suggestions from anyone here! :smile:

Thanks :smile: I have a notebook full of ideas that I've written down over the years, let me know if you need any ideas or if you want any help! I'll definitely be participating :BigHand:

VivaciousJewelz
12-13-2010, 02:29:33 PM
Well thank you for the offer. You know I am a very private person, however if there is a goal that I would feel comfortable sharing, I would certainly start a thread - what a nice idea, thank you julie!

Of course! :wink7:

Thanks :smile: I have a notebook full of ideas that I've written down over the years, let me know if you need any ideas or if you want any help! I'll definitely be participating :BigHand:

Are you kidding? Of course! I'm always up for new ideas, I'm not really creative at all. :)