PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thinking of 2011?

VivaciousJewelz
12-02-2010, 04:47:33 PM
2011 is only 29 days away! Is anyone already thinking of what challenges they want to take on in 2011? :biggrin:

hrdlckwmn
12-02-2010, 07:47:33 PM
i want to lose weight!!

bugweena
12-03-2010, 06:13:12 AM
i want to lose weight!!

:wink7: I am right there with you, sistah!

chitownmelli
12-03-2010, 06:19:18 AM
Yes, I know what challenges I will be taking on in 2011. I wouldn't so much call them challenges as much as amazing adventures and opportunities though. It's going to be a busy year, and I have the strength inside of myself and the support of the few people in my life who are very close to me, and that is all I need. Not that I will lean on them or anything (I wouldn't want to be a burden) but it's nice to just have someone to chat with every once in awhile when you're working your toosh off :)

froggie3
12-03-2010, 06:31:50 AM
2011 is around the corner, but I am not dwelling on what I want to do next year, or what may happen. I want to enjoy the holiday season and then determine where our focus will be next year. I know we have some family goals that we will be focusing on next year.

angeleyeza
12-03-2010, 07:32:54 AM
lose weight
save more money

momof2inohio
12-03-2010, 08:00:35 AM
I will be graduating from college in 2011!! Finally, after a long break after having kids!!

mom2lucas
12-03-2010, 08:08:45 AM
loose weight, but I mean it this time! I've got exercise partners and everything.
save more money
declutter my home

aptmbt
12-09-2010, 09:41:42 AM
I will be graduating from college in 2011!! Finally, after a long break after having kids!!

Congrats to you. :BigHand:

I am finally graduating next tuesday after 6 long years. My goals are exercising, organizing, lose weight. All those things us college girls never had time to do before.

tinkinpink84
12-09-2010, 10:10:25 AM
ah 2011 i hope to be an awesome year.
Ill be seeing a good friend at the train station for 6 hrs on the first of the new year while waiting for my next train!
Starting online classes at college jan 10th!
Husband will become a combat medic as long as he passes his class.
I plan on cutting costs whereever possible in our bills and work off paying off debts!!

XUfan
12-09-2010, 10:35:10 AM
Well...while I was looking for a reciept in "the big drawer of stuff that I need to file", I found something interesting. Here's what it said:

2010 Goals:

Lose weight
Start a Christmas savings account
File everything in "the big drawer...." (and the 2 boxes that I emptied the drawer into when it got too full!) and KEEP it filed!

...and a few other small things

So...I'm going to scribble out 2010 and put 2011 at the top.

NO!!!! I'm NOT!!!

I've decided that this year, I'm going to set montly goals, instead of expecting myself to stay on track for an entire year.

So...In January, I'm going to:

Lose 5 pounds
Put $5 per week away for Christmas
Spend 2 hours each week, just organizing!!

Kulis
12-09-2010, 01:01:05 PM
I've got to jump on the weight loss bandwagon.

I've already committed to a regular exercise routine, but I still have to figure out the dietary changes I'm willing to live with.

Doglover8180
12-09-2010, 01:23:10 PM
I want to build up my stamina so I can walk 3 miles without dropping a lung!

cecaic0609
12-10-2010, 07:03:06 AM
I need to stay organized and lose the 40lbs. I gained with my daughter.

cecaic0609
12-10-2010, 07:03:54 AM
Oh, and write to more companies online. It is such a help when they send good coupons, I just need the motivation and time!

XUfan
12-10-2010, 07:21:46 AM
Oh, and write to more companies online. It is such a help when they send good coupons, I just need the motivation and time!

Mind if I steal this one? I really need to make an effort to do this more often! I do it for awhile, then I get busy and forget. I love the coupons they send!

Lucky1307
12-10-2010, 07:54:09 AM
I decided months ago I'm not as happy as I want to be, not unhappy just not as happy. So I have a list of things I can change and have been coming up with ways to change. I won't be doing New Year's Resolutions because well they don't work. I imagine Jan will be an interesting and at times frustrating month will all the changes. I'm determined NOT to beat myself up and if something just isn't going to work I'll need a better solution asap.

shelleyf
12-10-2010, 08:09:22 AM
Find a way to get more income, meaning a job. I have been looking for a long time now since I got laid off.
Sell more on Ebay, I am doing it now but it is slow to sell for some reason.
Lose more weight. I have lost 51 so far and want to lose more. But the good thing is that I didn't lose any up top, lol Usually alot of women lose that first but I never do. LOL
Eat honey, 1 tablespoon every morning. Local honey is great for your sinuses. It also makes you melt fat and drop pounds without dieting. I am proof of it. I eat whatever I want and keep losing. If you google honey to lose weight you will see what I am talking about. It comes off at a good rate, not fast so you keep the weight off, and it curbs your appetite too.

sbp
12-10-2010, 08:50:11 AM
2011 is going to be a good year for me! How's that for optimism? :smile:

It is going to be the year that my scale stops at 150. The goal is really 140, but I'm going to stick with 150 so that when I make that anything else will be a bonus! lol For the past few years I've been saying I was going to lose some poundage, but good intentions don't always last me through the year. 2011 is going to be different though as I'm already working towards that. I joined Curves last month and have got my routine in place to go work out 3 times a week.

It is also the year that I'm going to be better organized with my inserts and not let them pile up week after week before I get to them. I KNOW they can't save me as much money when they're stacked in a pile vs clipped and filed in my binder!!! Because of not having them clipped in a more timely fashion, I know that I've lost out on alot of deals over the past couple of months so it's definitely past time to get that turned around. I spent alot of time with my coupons last week and as a result have used more in the past 5 days than I have in the past 3 months. *GASP*

Doglover8180
12-10-2010, 08:53:41 AM
It is also the year that I'm going to be better organized with my inserts and not let them pile up week after week before I get to them. I KNOW they can't save me as much money when they're stacked in a pile vs clipped and filed in my binder!!! Because of not having them clipped in a more timely fashion, I know that I've lost out on alot of deals over the past couple of months so it's definitely past time to get that turned around. I spent alot of time with my coupons last week and as a result have used more in the past 5 days than I have in the past 3 months. *GASP*

Totally agree! I have missed out on so many deals, because I couldn't find a coupon that I knew I had but it turned out it was still sitting on my coffee table in a stack a mile high, waiting to be organized! I am adding it to my new year resolution as well. :wavehi::smile:

poopsinka
12-11-2010, 01:22:34 PM
Eat honey, 1 tablespoon every morning. Local honey is great for your sinuses. It also makes you melt fat and drop pounds without dieting. I am proof of it. I eat whatever I want and keep losing. If you google honey to lose weight you will see what I am talking about. It comes off at a good rate, not fast so you keep the weight off, and it curbs your appetite too.

WOW, thanks for the info. I'm going to try that too!!!
And congrats on your weight loss!! 51 pounds is awesome!