PDA

View Full Version : So, tell me, on HCW is it typical to make offers....

$avin'some$
10-09-2010, 08:10:17 PM
...even if there is a stated price? I've bought and sold on other forums (not coupons though) and it was pretty much understood that people made offers and so when I listed items I would price my items to allow for some wiggle room.

Is that customary here? I don't want to offend anyone by making an offer if that's not the way things are done on this forum.

Thanks!

gem7
10-09-2010, 08:15:50 PM
I know others have accepted offers from me when trading in bulk. And I have accepted offers from others on my stuff. I think some might be offended, and others not. I don't mind someone asking. I can always say no, or counter-offer. I'm interested to see what others say.

angeleyeza
10-09-2010, 08:29:09 PM
sometimes it depends on how hot the coupon is too. If its deeming you something free, overage, or near free be prepared to pay at least 10% or a little more for the coupon.i usually try to offer stamps or CC (covered cash) usually works well with a potluck off of someone wishlist or with non inserts that you can share with someone else. I try to load up the envie so that noon sees the cc or stamps to be tempted.

vica
10-09-2010, 08:58:08 PM
go for it, doesn't hurt to ask :)

I am asking myself (especially if qs are not 'hot', soon to expire or a trader have them in abundance). Also often accepting offers from others. Why not? Most of Qs goes to waste anyway.
At the same time i like to keep trade PMing short, a second offer after a counter-offer I would find annoying.
Also I don't think that most Qs/Mirs here are priced 'to allow for some wiggle room' unless its well above 10% of face value.

marj
10-10-2010, 04:10:31 AM
As far as trading goes, in my experience I have never counter-offered a listed price of a seller- my reason:
If the seller puts the price next to an item or q, to me it means that is what you expect as a fair trade. If I feel that he/she is asking too much, then I move on to the next seller.I don't bother pm'ing and waisting both of our times. I want to be able to afford the trade and I want the seller/trader to be happy w/ what she is getting from me.
If the seller does not put a price next to the item or q, for me this means there is wiggle room for bargaining.
I prefer the trader who puts a list price bec its saves me time and I also know what I am getting into.
HTH :)

jolly321
10-10-2010, 10:27:09 AM
go for it, doesn't hurt to ask :)

I 100% agree.

I think many people here would like to see things go to good use so offers are always great IMO. :wink7:

$avin'some$
10-10-2010, 01:57:02 PM
I 100% agree.

I think many people here would like to see things go to good use so offers are always great IMO. :wink7:

Ok cool! That's what I was hoping! Of course, I don't try to be unreasonable, but if I'm going to buy multiples then I like to make offers.

bugface711
10-10-2010, 06:13:32 PM
Does not hurt to ask at all. Sometimes member just go with what they think a coupon is worth, or copy the posts of others or what they see on that icky old auction site LOL.

But, maybe if you offer they will accept a lower amount. I know I often buy large quantities so sellers often give a bit of a price cut for a quick & easy bulk order.