PDA

View Full Version : Weight watchers

puakinikini
10-02-2010, 08:49:36 PM
Okay, so I am done being my current weight, and have decided to do something about it. I have never been self-conscious about my weight, nost of my life I have been what is considered overweight, but always was happy with my body. I typically sit at a size 10, however since having children (twins + 1), I have gained about 40 lbs. At first, it did not bother me, I just shopped at Lane Bryant (they have great clothes, coupons, and everything is machine washable!), but now I want to get my old body back. I joined WW through work (10 weeks for $120). My mom did the program years ago and still maintains her weight (with work, but she does it).

So my first meeting was Friday and so far I have had 2 days of 23 points (my goal). The problem is that now I have to go to the grocery store and I am worried about the cost. I have always bought fesh fruit and vegetables, but I am worried about my other costs going up (lean meat, high fiber foods, low-fat, etc.). Some of the foods I regularly eat, that I get cheap with coupons, would blow my point budget for the day.

Has anyone else done the WW plan while couponing? Clearly I need to make some big changes in my life, but I need to do it on a budget. Money is really tight - I had to do pay check deduction for the WW fee.

Any support would be welcome. Thanks.

puakinikini
10-02-2010, 11:58:36 PM
Well, I went to the grocery store tonight. Bought even more fruit and veggies than normal plus a lot of other low point items, that would not normally be on my list. My budget is $75 week (family of 6 + 1 dog). I spent $97. So, I am a bit worried about the cost, but want to be healthier - so here it goes. May have to increase my food budget (and cut something else) for the next few months.

SaraO
10-03-2010, 02:15:32 PM
I know what you mean. I joined WW a few years ago and lost 50 lbs in 6 months. WW really works, if you work the plan. That said, spending money on groceries went WAY up for me. Most of the stuff I had bought (before WW) with coupons was processed, packaged stuff. I'm not a super hard core couponer, but I had gotten my grocery bill down to about $25 per week for a family of 5. Now, it's more like $150. I really don't coupon a whole lot anymore because I'm trying to not buy all the goodies. Fresh fruit and vegies (lots of it) and the super lean meat is very expensive. Find coupons for frozen vegies, that helps. Go for deals that give you a catalina for money off your next purchase. Those can be used towards any groceries. Good luck. Your health is more important than couponing, but you can do both. Look for other ways to save or make money.

puakinikini
10-04-2010, 10:04:07 PM
Thank you Sara - I have about 50 lbs to lose, and am impressed that you did it in 6 months. I think I will be considerably slower than that! I am also impressed by how low you got your budget...I am at $75 a week (for 6 + dog) and that is as low as we have ever been able to go. I already spend a lot of my budget on fruits, veggies and lean meats. The thing that is going to add to my budget is buying particular low point foods, such as low point breads, yogurts, crackers, granola bars, FF milk, etc. Right now I do not buy any of that stuff, but when I realized that the yogurt I usually buy is 4 points when I could have a yogurt for 2 points - I knew I had to change my shopping. I only buy whole milk right now for the kids, and obviously that has to change. It has only been 4 days and I am realizing a lot has to change. I am so glad that WW has been successful for you. I am hoping I can make it work for me, too.

padmelupin
10-14-2010, 09:08:52 AM
Hey! I was just looking for a thread on WW. I'm starting...today. Not particularly healthily (is that a word?:giggle2:) but I'm at least tracking now.

DH has actually agreed to do this with me, which is nice because I always fall off the wagon if I'm doing it alone. We both need to lose about 50 pounds.

I'm also worried about our budget. Right now I'm thrilled that frozen veggies and soups are on sale and have coupons out!

Good luck!

cecaic0609
12-14-2010, 07:06:03 AM
I already eat a lot of the Weight Watchers foods. I've never been on the diet, I just like the way they taste. I've been wanted to go on the diet, but with my finances, I can afford to join the program (even though I already buy the foods) I just get Weight Watchers coupons. They have them for the novelty items, Smart Ones meals/desserts, candy, cheese, etc.

shelleyf
12-14-2010, 07:12:34 AM
I have lost 52 lbs. now since March without dieting. I eat a tablespoon of honey every morning before eating. You can eat whatever you want doing this. I know it sounds crazy but it is working for me. I googled it because it was an accident. I was eating honey for my sinuses and starting dropping lbs. Sure enough it is on the internet saying it will drop the fat off even the most obese person. I am now a size 10 and was a 16. I am trying to lose some more weight. Try it and see if it works for you. It is very cheap.

angeleyeza
12-14-2010, 07:25:19 AM
can u pm me the link? ill try anything at least once.:smile:

I have lost 52 lbs. now since March without dieting. I eat a tablespoon of honey every morning before eating. You can eat whatever you want doing this. I know it sounds crazy but it is working for me. I googled it because it was an accident. I was eating honey for my sinuses and starting dropping lbs. Sure enough it is on the internet saying it will drop the fat off even the most obese person. I am now a size 10 and was a 16. I am trying to lose some more weight. Try it and see if it works for you. It is very cheap.

VivaciousJewelz
12-14-2010, 08:05:52 AM

Me too!!

shelleyf
12-14-2010, 08:07:09 AM

I would have to find the website again. I will look it up afterwhile. I just got on here for a few minutes.
I googled honey to lose weight and came up with lots of articles. I noticed the inches right away and the lbs. after about 2 weeks. Also if you eat honey and cinnamon in a hot cup of water it is good for losing weight too but it tastes gross, lol

VivaciousJewelz
12-14-2010, 08:10:01 AM
I would have to find the website again. I will look it up afterwhile. I just got on here for a few minutes.
I googled honey to lose weight and came up with lots of articles. I noticed the inches right away and the lbs. after about 2 weeks. Also if you eat honey and cinnamon in a hot cup of water it is good for losing weight too but it tastes gross, lol

I wonder if you put the honey in green tea if it would have the same effect. Green tea is supposed to help speed up your metabolism, and it has a mild appetite suppressing affect which I noticed when I was drinking it regularly.

angeleyeza
12-14-2010, 08:28:55 AM
it sucks when holidays hit cause of all those great sweets lol feels like i have to do damage control in the new year.more vegs and fresh fruits (limited amts) more exercise.mfind more motivation somewhere to exercise.

VivaciousJewelz
12-14-2010, 08:44:15 AM
it sucks when holidays hit cause of all those great sweets lol feels like i have to do damage control in the new year.more vegs and fresh fruits (limited amts) more exercise.mfind more motivation somewhere to exercise.

Yeah, December does serious damage to me. My birthday is this week, Christmas is next week, and New Year's the week after that... It could be really ugly for my weight come Jan 2! :giggle2:

angeleyeza
12-15-2010, 06:59:03 AM
it will be ok. we will show those nasty calories whose boss

angeleyeza
12-15-2010, 07:00:42 AM
maybe we can make a online log for exercise/diet sheets to keep record of our daily duties.