PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have problems using Free item coupons lately?

savewildlife
09-14-2010, 09:17:42 PM
I went to Randall's today for just a few items and planned on picking up 2 - 10lb pkgs of Flour with my Freebie coupons and customer service person told the cashier she could only accept one Free coupon and that she had been told not to accept any free coupons, so she let me use one as she had been getting mixed info on the acceptance of the free coupons. Anyone else heard of this policy, I don't typically have freebies and its not like these were internet coupons you could tell they were from the manufacturer.

cheesecake
09-15-2010, 10:05:35 AM
My Randall's will not accept free coupons either. They will accept "buy 1 get 1 free" because you're actually buying one product, as the manager told me. They also will not accept smartsource IP coupons! They will not accept any coupon that does not scan.

savewildlife
09-15-2010, 04:13:33 PM
I hadn't had a problem till this time when I went in, it has been a few weeks since I was in there and it sure seems last year they were more coupon friendly then what they had been and now we seem to be going back the other way.

The last time I was in there the items didn't ring up with the x-tra money off (glad bags-buy 3 or more get additional $2 off, $2 didnt come off), this time the diapers didn't ring up and they would only take the one Free q instead of the 2 I had, they did get to keep the other flour since I couldn't use my q.

Wish they would go back the other way, I suspect must be a new manger in the mist that doesn't like the q's.

There was another store (not Randalls) that the manger didn't like the q's and corporate must have made him put the old q policy back into effect with competition in the area increasing, because we had a few rounds then the new policy came out and he is all syrupy sweet now to me.:hysterical:

cheesecake
09-17-2010, 09:15:55 AM
I only shop Randall's when there is a "deal" going on. They are not coupon friendly at any of the Randall's stores that I shop at. I do think they are getting better on their pricing, whereas, Kroger seems to be raising prices, and so is HEB.

swagginandsavin
09-18-2010, 10:13:41 PM
I havent. I shop at a Randalls in cypress,texas.

alyssa0119
09-20-2010, 02:02:30 PM
I havent. I shop at a Randalls in cypress,texas.

i just used a few frees here too and no problems.