PDA

View Full Version : Attention ~ Very important reminder to our traders ~ Please hold your ends when trading with unestablished traders

bugface711
06-10-2010, 08:24:43 AM
Time for a quick but important reminder :biggrin:

I want to make sure that all of HCW's established traders are holding their ends of trades when trading with a new trader.

We get a handful of new traders every single day. Most are ready to start trading & saving. Some are here for the sole purpose of trying to get something for nothing.

Holding your end is VERY important.

I know that we have thousands of amazing and honest traders on this board and that can make you comfortable and more likely to just say "sure" and mail out your end. Please, if you are going to be a risk taker and not hold your end, at least hold your end for high value trades.

Before agreeing to a trade, take about 1 minute and check the profile of the person you are trading with. you are looking at:
is the member a trading member. It will say TNT or Trader on the profile
does the member have feedback yet, if yes, what kind of feedback
when did the member join the site
what state does their profile say, and does it match the address they give you.
The member list to pull up profiles is at the bottom of every single HCW page.

hopefully this is also helpful info :biggrin:

If the person is not a trading member, send them to the Trading rules & guidelines forum to become one. :smile: Then make your trade.

I suggest that if the member has under 10 feedbacks you ALWAYS hold your end. If they have less than 20-25 you should consider holding your end for large trades.

If a brand new member is trying to make a huge trade with you, that should be a red flag, especially if they beg you to not hold their end and or include a very sad reason as to why.

I hope you all know that so much time and effort goes into keeping the great traders here and the bad traders out, but we need your help to do that.

If something seems off, please always feel free to send a pm to bugface711, or our bad trade mods suesaving & motherofmolly.

Always leave honest and detailed feedback. If you need help with what to say, all of our trading mods are here to help. You can see the trade mod names at the bottom of each trade forum.

motherofmolly
06-09-2011, 07:17:31 AM
bumping with a reminder to keep an eye on our bad trader forum and names listed in there. (it is the one under this forum but above the auctions).