PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Rave Huge Victory for coupons at my store! do you have this program?

charmingmoms
05-07-2010, 12:42:49 PM
I am known as the QponLady in my town in Montana. I run a coupon group and now have a following of over 1200!

Well, I have been talking to my mgmt. at my store and have requested on numerous occasions for a "Coupon Only" checkout lines.

Well, beginning in the next week or so, we will have coupon only lines!

I am so excited!

Does anyone else have "coupon only" checkout lines?

queenofthehivemomof5
05-07-2010, 01:31:09 PM
nope never heard of any store doing that. That is pretty cool

lamezquita0308
05-07-2010, 01:32:09 PM
I wish my store would do that, but not many people around here coupon though.

melodyjg
05-07-2010, 07:57:09 PM
That would be great!! congrats!

ShowersofBlessings
05-07-2010, 09:37:00 PM
I am known as the QponLady in my town in Montana. I run a coupon group and now have a following of over 1200!

Well, I have been talking to my mgmt. at my store and have requested on numerous occasions for a "Coupon Only" checkout lines.

Well, beginning in the next week or so, we will have coupon only lines!

I am so excited!

Does anyone else have "coupon only" checkout lines?

Would this mean you have to have a coupon for every item? Or if you only use one coupon, you can use this line? This seems like it would be good for coupon users so that others would not have to wait in line behind them if they didn't want to, but wouldn't really speed up the line for us (only for the noncoupon users).

I'm kind of confused by the Coupon ONLY" part. I've seen checkstands that say "cash only" as in you cannot use checks or credit cards to pay for your groceries. So would this mean you can use this line only if your total after coupons was $0?

charmingmoms
05-08-2010, 06:38:50 AM
The store director is going to be placing signs on the registers during the hours that our coupon members are heavily in the store(Tuesday and Wednesday after our meetings) to let "non-coupon customers" know that the checkout process may take a few minutes longer and to be patient.

Say like this week, with the Coffee-Mate being 25c ea AC, I have ordered 80 creamers that will be in on Tuesday.

Having the sign posted will let others know that it may take a few min longer to checkout due to coupon usage and it gives customers a choice to go into another lineif they are in a hurry.

On a Wednesday morning after our meetings, it's common for as many as 50-60 ladies to be in the store and most are ready to check out at the same time so I thought it may help to give customers an "educated choice" on which checkout lane to use.

Does this make sense?

ladywaterwind
05-08-2010, 06:48:45 AM
That's really great that the management is taking yours and other customers needs into account like that and a great idea to have the coupon checkout since there will be so many people there like that at the particular times.

kristalloves
05-08-2010, 10:01:22 AM
Oh I just gotta ask what part of Montana you are from. I am in Roundup and I have my People to.

shelleyf
05-08-2010, 10:05:52 AM
Sounds like a great idea. :smile:

phinphana
05-08-2010, 10:34:42 AM
What happen if there are more coupons user and other checks out are empty. Do you still have to wait to use that check out?

charmingmoms
05-08-2010, 11:45:48 AM
What happen if there are more coupons user and other checks out are empty. Do you still have to wait to use that check out?

Because this is a "work in progress", I don't know what they would want to do.....I have a meeting with them every week, so i will ask them.

Oh, for the person asking where in Montana I am located.....

I am in Kalispell

ShowersofBlessings
05-08-2010, 03:10:19 PM
I don't know if our store has lots of coupon users, but they did do something similar for me one time. They opened a special checkout just for me because they knew with my coupons it would take a while and they didn't want to hold up the other customers. I don't normally use that many coupons all at once so that has been a one time occurrence so far.

It's nice to see that they are trying to help all the customers with this idea. :)

charmingmoms
05-11-2010, 10:16:44 PM
WEll, I have to tell you how our first day of the "coupon only" line worked. I must say, myself and my coupon group will be VERY VERY spoiled after today's shopping. There it was...the sign on the register(pic coming soon) that said....."This checkout line is for customers with more than 5 coupons. Others can checkout in this lane, but wait times may be longer...Sorry for inconvience..mgmt"

It was nice, I picked up my 100 Creamers and headed to the checkout. Before this new policy, I would break down my order and do them in smaller quantities...but I tested and it went GREAT! There was a woman who came in line behind me and read the sign, and she was pleased that she was notified because she was running late for something at her son's school....so, all in all it was wonderful! Highly Recommend!

cpnlov
05-18-2010, 02:32:20 PM
It might have been a "Huge" victory for some but not for all, I was very upset with how I was treated at this store today. I ran in on my lunch hour to use my three doubles and was informed that I was only allowed to shop on Tues/Wed during certain hours and with a certain checker. i guess it might work out for those who don't have a job and have the opportunity to shop during these hours, which I don't, i spoke with the manager and was told no i could shop whenever and that he was trying this out for a "special" few that did very large orders. I do not fall in to this section, I was trying to use three (3) coupons, it took me 30 minutes to buy three (3) things. It might have started out as a ok idea but has already been twisted around to try and limit us on when and how we use coupons, I for one do not need the checkers at this store to be anymore confused about coupons and their own store policy. I agree it was in theory a way to have couponers get in line and get out of the store faster but it also now has placed new limits on us "small time" coupon users.

cpnlov
05-18-2010, 02:52:56 PM

that is exactly what they did, three open lines with no waiting customers and was told I had to go and wait in line because I was using coupons... the "coupon" line was not marked, I had no idea what they were talking about and the people in the "coupon" line where not even using coupons.. it was horrible not a victory in any means.

couponss
05-18-2010, 03:39:57 PM
I also am a regular coupon shopper at our local Kalispell Albertsons. I went in today to buy a few items. I was told by a cashier with no one in their line that if I was using coupons I had to go to another checkout. Then the cashier in that line told me that I could only use coupons on Tuesday and Wednesday, and only until noon! (How could this be considered a good time for couponers who work or have small children?) So, what you consider a victory for your small group has caused a lot of confusion for the rest of us. Anything that makes couponing a little easier is MUCH appreciated, but what you have done has helped you and your group, but not couponers in general.

charmingmoms
05-18-2010, 10:46:40 PM
I also am a regular coupon shopper at our local Kalispell Albertsons. I went in today to buy a few items. I was told by a cashier with no one in their line that if I was using coupons I had to go to another checkout. Then the cashier in that line told me that I could only use coupons on Tuesday and Wednesday, and only until noon! (How could this be considered a good time for couponers who work or have small children?) So, what you consider a victory for your small group has caused a lot of confusion for the rest of us. Anything that makes couponing a little easier is MUCH appreciated, but what you have done has helped you and your group, but not couponers in general.

It was not meant to cause any distress on your checkout experience. We simply petitioned for a line on heavy "coupon usage days" a chance to simply inform others that the wait time may be longer.

I know that it is frustrating to stand behind a "coupon lady" that has over 100 coupons as I did today for Lysol Products plus doublers and have to wait. I have, since this was implemented, gone to a regular line to checkout if I had a few coupons or even 1 Q without issues.

It was never meant to be a policy that stated that coupons would only be accepted from 9-12noon on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. But take today, I counted over 30 of us in the store and almost everyone of us had a fistfull of Q's and I know from working on the other side of the register that it can be frustrating for customers to have to wait 15-20 minutes sometimes longer on the person in front of me to check out sinply because the ringing of coupons takes longer.

I am truly sorry for the trouble you were faced with. I think that at my next meeting with store mgmt, i will bring up this topic with them.

kijod
05-19-2010, 06:37:31 AM
i am a cashier at albertsons (and a big couponer).
a line just for couponers is a nice idea on paper- but i can see why the ylimit it to certain times of the day.
it is hard to have enough help as it is, so to keep one line only for couponers does not work.
if a customer gets in line and see 100 creamers on the belt, then they should realize that they need to find aother line to go to(if they are in a hurry).
as a cashier and a couponer i try to let people know that this traansaction(s) might take awhile, or i cal another cheker or manager to help the next customer.

in my store we only have 3 big time couponers and we usually get open a line for them or put them at self check-- no problem.

by the way- multiple WIC orders usually take alot longer than most coupon orders, but they havent listened to me about doing a wic only line...maybe one day.

ikkims
05-25-2010, 10:36:55 PM
I have to say that I shop this store and there is a BIG problem with communication between the management and the checkers. I had one poor checker the other day and her hands were shaking when she had to check out a free coupon I was using. I think between the couponers that act entitled and the management not being very clear these poor checkers are in a very stressful situation. I hope I get a survey soon, they are going to get an earful from me. If you aren't one of the big coupon group you don't get treated as well. And I can promise you the checkers aren't happy to see coupons. The management really needs to get their $^#$ together.