PDA

View Full Version : Personal Challenge 2010: Has anyone tried the ATT Uverse Offer?

mitchel11
03-18-2010, 02:42:44 PM
I AM CONSIDERING THIS AND WANT YOUR UNVARNISHED OPINION. OUR AREA SALES REP SAYS THAT WE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A GIFT CARD CASH BACK PROMO OFFER. HAS ANY ONE GOTTEN THIS? DO THEY SEND A PROMO CARD?
IF YOU ARE OFFERED A JOB IN ANOTHER STATE, DO YOU GET TO CANCEL?
PLEASE HELP! IS ATT U200 BUNDLE THE BEST DEAL?:shrug7::rolleyes24:

THE PERSONAL CHALLENGE IS TO MAKE THE BEST OF CABLE DEALS AND EVALUATE ATT UVERSE OFFERS BASED ON FORUM FEEDBACK..

HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT AND FIND SOMETHING GREAT IN YOUR MAIL BOX, PROPORTIONAL TO THE MONEY SAVED/VALUE OF YOUR TIP
I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE FORUM MEMBERS GIVING ME ADVICE AND SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCES.:wavehi::thanks7:
Please check this out:
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/personal-challenges-support/320205-personal-challenge-2010-minimize-cell-phone-bill-land-line.html

kremsh
03-18-2010, 02:50:34 PM
I signed up for uverse a few years ago and did get a giftcard. A sales rep came by the house and talked me into getting cable and internet bundled. You may want to check the offers online though because I found out later I could have gotten a larger giftcard if I did it myself over the internet.

As far as the service goes, I love it. I had dish before and every time it stormed I lost service. You can record up to 4 shows at a time and watch from any room. I like being able to go online and check/delete/add recordings as well. Internet runs great, no problems. I record pretty much everything and watch on delay so I can fast forward through the commercials so I've worn out a couple DVR's from so much use. Customer service is really friendly, although I think they are in India like everyone else is. If they can't help you with your problem, most of the time they can schedule a technician to come out the next day if you're available.

froggie3
03-18-2010, 02:58:54 PM
I never got the giftcard offer. We had uverse 3 years ago out in CA. We LOVED it. I wish we could get it here, but our only options are comcast or verizon, which both stick horribly.

mitchel11
03-18-2010, 04:42:12 PM
I signed up for uverse a few years ago and did get a giftcard. A sales rep came by the house and talked me into getting cable and internet bundled. You may want to check the offers online though because I found out later I could have gotten a larger giftcard if I did it myself over the internet.

As far as the service goes, I love it. I had dish before and every time it stormed I lost service. You can record up to 4 shows at a time and watch from any room. I like being able to go online and check/delete/add recordings as well. Internet runs great, no problems. I record pretty much everything and watch on delay so I can fast forward through the commercials so I've worn out a couple DVR's from so much use. Customer service is really friendly, although I think they are in India like everyone else is. If they can't help you with your problem, most of the time they can schedule a technician to come out the next day if you're available.

Thank you, you have really helped.
I appreciate the time you put in. You just might be saving me a lot of money,

mitchel11
03-18-2010, 04:45:19 PM
I never got the giftcard offer. We had uverse 3 years ago out in CA. We LOVED it. I wish we could get it here, but our only options are comcast or verizon, which both stick horribly.

Thank you. I now understand how this part works..to be offered this is something nice. I hope I can save both of you some money, :D.
Ask away.

beth119
03-18-2010, 04:47:10 PM
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I did get a gift card... and no long term contracts, either!

ANd cheaper than Comcast.

mitchel11
03-18-2010, 05:51:22 PM
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I did get a gift card... and no long term contracts, either!

ANd cheaper than Comcast.

Hi Beth,
Thank you!!:biggrin:
Can you please share a little more like your state and how much the giftcard was for?
How doe one redeem the gift card?
What merchants accept these giftcards
When do they arrive?
Thanks again.
M

kremsh
03-18-2010, 05:59:24 PM
I want to say they are visa cards and they arrived within a few weeks. They give you a website to check on the status of your cards. Seems like there was a problem with mine and I contacted them and they corrected it pretty quickly. Just save your paperwork.

Another plus to uverse is that it's fiberoptic and you don't have to have a phone line for it to work so if you want to cancel your home phone service you can, that has saved me a lot of money since pretty much anyone who calls me calls on my cell anyway.

mitchel11
03-18-2010, 06:08:59 PM
I want to say they are visa cards and they arrived within a few weeks. They give you a website to check on the status of your cards. Seems like there was a problem with mine and I contacted them and they corrected it pretty quickly. Just save your paperwork.

Another plus to uverse is that it's fiberoptic and you don't have to have a phone line for it to work so if you want to cancel your home phone service you can, that has saved me a lot of money since pretty much anyone who calls me calls on my cell anyway.
:BigHand:
I knew it! You guys are the best!
Now i have to talk to my rep.
Here is a request: please check put my other topic.. i started a new topic and i hope to pare down all utility bills and comm. bills.
If not then i want to do something creative..
Thank you for your input kremsh!:wavehi:

jwahlton
03-18-2010, 07:03:40 PM
As an AT&T employee for 27 years, thank you! I wish I could get U Verse in my town, but we only have Sprint for local service!

couponsmakecents
03-18-2010, 07:26:07 PM
I work for AT&T and hope it comes to my area soon. I hate Cable one.

zoeys_mom
03-18-2010, 07:34:41 PM
I have uverse and I love it too
I did do the gift card route but see now that the gift card offers are even better than when I signed up. I believe you can also go through My points and get a ton of points(not sure if you can do gift card and mypoints and I didn't think about it when I signed up)

I do have just ONE gripe about it though. We have 2 tvs and you cannot pause LIVE tv except on your MAIN tv. That has upset my kiddos on occassion when we are just watching something before bed and they need to brush their teeth and cannot pause it. Definitely not a Deal breaker, but something we were used to having with our other service.

Another GREAT feature I like though is if you get the phone service too, they have a channel that you can check your call log record. Really awesome since we NEVER answer our home phone anyway, but can see what we missed!

Gift cards were Visa prepaid cards. They sent a form with the online info to sign up for your cards, then cards came a few weeks later, no issues at all.

I have been very very happy with uverse and right now they are offering free hbo for 3 months BONUS!

mitchel11
03-18-2010, 08:00:47 PM
Couponmakescents, zoeys_mom,
Thank you for your input. I now feel that this was a good place to start for info. I dont need it on any other tv, just the one is fine.
Please visit my other post. I would like to minimize communication and ent expenditure.
I am paring down the bills to a minimum.
I hope that you could at least put down the numbers.
This way, we all would understand the average, the norm and perhaps craft a better deal.

mitchel11
03-19-2010, 11:38:48 AM
I have uverse and I love it too
I did do the gift card route but see now that the gift card offers are even better than when I signed up. I believe you can also go through My points and get a ton of points(not sure if you can do gift card and mypoints and I didn't think about it when I signed up)

I do have just ONE gripe about it though. We have 2 tvs and you cannot pause LIVE tv except on your MAIN tv. That has upset my kiddos on occassion when we are just watching something before bed and they need to brush their teeth and cannot pause it. Definitely not a Deal breaker, but something we were used to having with our other service.

Another GREAT feature I like though is if you get the phone service too, they have a channel that you can check your call log record. Really awesome since we NEVER answer our home phone anyway, but can see what we missed!

Gift cards were Visa prepaid cards. They sent a form with the online info to sign up for your cards, then cards came a few weeks later, no issues at all.

I have been very very happy with uverse and right now they are offering free hbo for 3 months BONUS!

How does one do this via mypoints? Do you have a link? Please pm me or post it here.

lilacii
03-19-2010, 11:41:25 AM
We LOVE it! (no promo cards here, but still great service plan!)

mitchel11
03-22-2010, 08:13:41 AM
We LOVE it! (no promo cards here, but still great service plan!)
Thank you, and yes, I would love it too.
Here are some things to go over....
Time Warners bundle: $(29+29+29 ) annual savings: $450

Road Runner: at least 20 dollars cheaper annual savings: $250

Coming soon to a neighbor-hood near you: Google's broadband and tv- amazing introductory prices and no contracts.

mytwocents
03-22-2010, 11:32:39 AM
Thank you, and yes, I would love it too.
Here are some things to go over....
Time Warners bundle: $(29+29+29 ) annual savings: $450

Road Runner: at least 20 dollars cheaper annual savings: $250

Coming soon to a neighbor-hood near you: Google's broadband and tv- amazing introductory prices and no contracts.

I dont like a land line.. too many telemarketers..I am trying a detox for texting, cable and movies. I will not give up the net though.:thanks7:

mitchel11
03-22-2010, 06:21:41 PM
I dont like a land line.. too many telemarketers..I am trying a detox for texting, cable and movies. I will not give up the net though.:thanks7:
detox for texting

Good for you.