PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Question Were you charged tax when using Catalinas and food stamps at Albertsons?

sunriver
03-14-2010, 05:55:12 PM
I am collecting information from folks who have been charged tax when they use Catalinas and pay with food stamps in Albertsons. I am aware that this is happening in WA state and it was happening in some parts of OR (any other OR shoppers who have had this happen, I really want to hear from you!) I am trying to see how widespread this is and how many people it is happening to.

Please send an email to (email deleted, please PM instead) and tell me what happened.

Thank you!
Vanessa

vickilmp
03-14-2010, 06:11:23 PM
sent you email

CouponNg
03-14-2010, 08:59:26 PM
This happened all the time, it got so I would just not use cat coupons when paying with food stamps. Sometimes the checker would make me pay the "tax" and sometimes they would not, but it was always a hassle.:sad: So, I would reserve my cats for products that I couldn't buy with FS like paper products, dog food etc. and pay seperately. But every now and then I would forget and it would make me mad:confused58:. Always just a few cents sometimes more than a dollar but either way it was unfair. I called and complained many times but nothing ever changed.:shrug7:
I no longer get FS but I too wondered how much $$ Albies was making off of this. Considering that most FS people don't use q's at all much less catalina q's I just gave up on figuring it out.
I did notice that at Safeway the registers would give me back the value of the coupon in cash! (It charged my FS card the total amt.) I thought this was a good incentive to use coupons but didn't think that was right either, they couldn't change that either. But at least they weren't charging me more then the other customers to shop there!
I would be interested to know what you find. Keep us updated!

jesuisprecieux
03-14-2010, 09:51:29 PM
Whew! The never-ending battle with Albies.... I just emailed you all my info

crabtree122202
03-15-2010, 10:16:14 AM
This isn't only on catalina's. People who use FS to pay are charged the current tax rate (6% here) on all coupons- except store coupons like doublers.

CouponNg
03-15-2010, 10:19:57 AM
Crabtree, I never had it happen with reg man. q's or store q's only on catalina generated q's. I am in South Hill area of WA.

jenrose
03-15-2010, 10:41:49 AM
I don't have FS but have seen this happen at least 3 times to different people in front of me in line at Albies. At first they had no clue why and now the cashiers know why but can't fix it. Sometimes the cashiers just pull change that they have laying around and pay it for the customer. But not always.

vickilmp
03-15-2010, 02:52:41 PM
it has happened to me and several of my friends when we have used cats, Mq or IP's..at first they didnt make us pay it, now they do, depending on the cashier and store...

fonzysmom
03-17-2010, 01:05:15 PM
Happens to me everytime , they just take it off cause they know I only bought food , sometimes safeway makes me pay the tax ,

TheWoman
03-17-2010, 01:36:55 PM
...it was happening in some parts of OR (any other OR shoppers who have had this happen, I really want to hear from you!) I am trying to see how widespread this is and how many people it is happening to.

It is not likely that this is happening in OR. We have no sales tax here.

sunriver
03-17-2010, 03:55:36 PM
It is not likely that this is happening in OR. We have no sales tax here.

We actually did up until about 2 weeks ago in a store very close to you (I remember you are in Jackson County like I am). It was just happening in one store location. It took a senators office to correct it here.

Everyone else, thank you for sharing your info with me. I am working on a few different channels to try to get this ended and will keep in touch with you. I hope you are all soon paying just what you should be paying and not a cent more.

:BigHand::smile::wink7:

crabtree122202
03-17-2010, 06:07:27 PM
Thanks for trying to help out with this Sunriver. This is the most annoying thing ever. All my food tax gets removed at the end of my order but then I have to pay "coupon tax" of $.20-$.80 depending on how many coupons I use. This is all over Idaho at no matter what stores I go to. One Washington store I sometimes go to would cash out the tax because they no it's bologne. But that's the only one who has ever done that. But I think that makes their drawer off- doesn't it?