PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in my Rite-Aid trip

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 06:40:25 AM
Well, Rite-Aid this morning went horribly wrong.

Went in at 7:15. Got 6 Stayfree, 6 Nivea Lip care, and 1 Listerine. Went to register. Cashier said computers were down so they had to do everything manually and could only take cash. I say that's fine, as I have cash. Well, the cashier (who was very nice, btw) kind of freaked a bit at my coupons (BOGO for Stayfree and Nivea), so she called the manager.

What SHOULD have happened, was I SHOULD have paid ONLY $5.37 (BOGO store sale plus BOGO coupons SHOULD equal paying only tax plus price of Listerine). BUT, the manager decided that the ad meant that the Stayfree and Nivea Lipcare should be entered as half off, and that my coupon applies to one of the halves. So, two of my Stayfree were $6.99- she entered them in as $3.49 each and took off one, so I paid $3.49 for two. And on this went. I finally got out of the store at 8:00am. What was supposed to be a quick tracnsaction ended up being 45 minutes. Good thing I didn't use all my BOGO coupons.

My total was $20.41 and I'll submit the receipt for the $2 SCR. I'm not that upset about it, b/c full price would have been $60.25, so I saved 66%, but it's disappointing.

The ad didn't say that items would be rung as half price. Is this a YMMV thing, or are they not allowed to ring stuff up as half price unless it says it in the ad?

lbrown1618
01-04-2010, 07:30:04 AM
That would be 100% wrong!

BOGO are rang as BOGO:
$6.99 Stayfree
$0 Stayfree

And in actuality, their coupon policy clearly states that if an item is on sale BOGO and you have a BOGO coupon, you will get both items free. I would print it and take it back to the store with your receipt to get an adjustment,

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 07:44:25 AM
That would be 100% wrong!

BOGO are rang as BOGO:
$6.99 Stayfree
$0 Stayfree

And in actuality, their coupon policy clearly states that if an item is on sale BOGO and you have a BOGO coupon, you will get both items free. I would print it and take it back to the store with your receipt to get an adjustment,

Does it really? Is it on their website? If so, I'll print it out and take it back there.

justmeagain
01-04-2010, 07:55:18 AM
Coupon policy is posted in the RA forum

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 08:02:55 AM
Okay, problem. Since they had to do it manually, the specific items didn't ring up. It just says "Merchandise Taxable" for each item, plus the amount. Do you think that will cause a problem? I still have all the stuff I bought in bags and stuff, but do you think they'll process the refund.

Gahhh, I should have just left the store! I will NEVER make this mistake again.

justmeagain
01-04-2010, 08:08:42 AM
You can always try. I would talk to the store manager if possible and explain it. The worst they can say is no.

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 08:12:39 AM
Well, hopefully either the same store cashier or the same store manager will be there when I go back. I'll just take my lunch at 11 and go then.

greenrays
01-04-2010, 08:13:29 AM
I'd return all of it since you paid 3x as much as you should have.

justmeagain
01-04-2010, 08:19:48 AM

I thought of that too, was my first instinct but then she would be out her coupons.......oh wait........you did this today right? So they should still be in the drawer????? If so, yes.......take it back!

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 08:19:55 AM

Ugh, you're right. I feel like such a newb. I would have argued it if I had had the coupon policy with me.

lbrown1618
01-04-2010, 08:26:05 AM
Plus you probably missed out on a handful of the Game of Life Tickets. I don't have the item list in front of me, but I believe you bought some of the bonus ticket items.

greenrays
01-04-2010, 08:26:11 AM
Ugh, you're right. I feel like such a newb. I would have argued it if I had had the coupon policy with me.

haha...I have trips like that often when I feel like a big dope. I mess up a lot and then tell hubby and he always says he's gonna email or post here to tell all my coupon friends:hysterical::hysterical:.

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 08:31:37 AM
My receipt said I only qualified for 1 ticket. And in my defense, this was my first time trying to do a deal at Rite Aid and I really needed Stayfree, LOL.

lbrown1618
01-04-2010, 08:35:50 AM
My receipt said I only qualified for 1 ticket. And in my defense, this was my first time trying to do a deal at Rite Aid and I really needed Stayfree, LOL.

LOL - you don't need to defend yourself. But you also don't need to pay more for the stuff becasue the rang you up wrong just because you needed the stuff/1st-timer.

Your receipt just shows 1 ticket because you automatically get 1 for every transaction. But you get bonus tickets for certain items. Since the items were rang in generically, the register doesn't know you bought those bonus items to state on the receipt to give you more.

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 08:42:49 AM
LOL - you don't need to defend yourself. But you also don't need to pay more for the stuff becasue the rang you up wrong just because you needed the stuff/1st-timer.

Your receipt just shows 1 ticket because you automatically get 1 for every transaction. But you get bonus tickets for certain items. Since the items were rang in generically, the register doesn't know you bought those bonus items to state on the receipt to give you more.

So that means my SCR for the Listerine wouldn't go through either. Darn. Okay, I'm totally going back to Rite Aid right now.

lbrown1618
01-04-2010, 08:44:06 AM
So that means my SCR for the Listerine wouldn't go through either. Darn. Okay, I'm totally going back to Rite Aid right now.

Yes, I didn't even think of that. No rebates will be recognized either.
The mgr should have completely known all this and at least informed you before wasting your time.

angeleyeza
01-04-2010, 08:54:10 AM
the ones posted B1G1F are priced $3.99 at my store

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 08:59:53 AM
They had $3.99 ones, but they also had $6.99 ones as well. They had some extra comfort thing or something, lol.

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 10:17:45 AM
So, I went back and showed them the policy. The manager maintained that she'd done it right and told me that I was wrong. She didn't want to give me them both for free, she said it was cheating, even though I tried to explain that the sale paid for one and the coupon for the other. She kept saying no. Then, I just asked for a return and she said fine.

She gives me my money back, and then BEFORE I EVEN LEAVE THE COUNTER, she starts talking to the cashier about me!! RUDE RUDE RUDE! I'll be d* if I ever spend another cent in her store!!! And I'll be calling CS, too.

jen276here
01-04-2010, 10:23:25 AM
So, I went back and showed them the policy. The manager maintained that she'd done it right and told me that I was wrong. She didn't want to give me them both for free, she said it was cheating, even though I tried to explain that the sale paid for one and the coupon for the other. She kept saying no. Then, I just asked for a return and she said fine.

She gives me my money back, and then BEFORE I EVEN LEAVE THE COUNTER, she starts talking to the cashier about me!! RUDE RUDE RUDE! I'll be d* if I ever spend another cent in her store!!! And I'll be calling CS, too.

I'm such a wench, not only would I have called CS right there to get it cleared up, when she started talking about me, I would have asked her if she would like to discuss her problem :evillaugh1:-then I would have called CS again!!!:whistle67:

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 10:29:37 AM
I'm such a wench, not only would I have called CS right there to get it cleared up, when she started talking about me, I would have asked her if she would like to discuss her problem :evillaugh1:-then I would have called CS again!!!:whistle67:

My cell phone was out of minutes, otherwise I would have.

I just emailed CS and I'm still so mad, I'm going to call them, too!

jen276here
01-04-2010, 10:31:13 AM
My cell phone was out of minutes, otherwise I would have.

I just emailed CS and I'm still so mad, I'm going to call them, too!

Let us know what they said - I always like to know how CS handles these types of things.

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 10:48:57 AM
I called and spoke with Steven. He was very nice.

First, I explained the situation and the coupons I wanted to use. He assured me that what I was doing is perfectly acceptable within Rite Aid's coupon policy (which I knew, lol), and that rudeness is not tolerated. He also told me they would contact the store to make sure they are trained on how to handle these situations. He encouraged me to call from the store in the future to resolves such matters, and took my name, address, and phone number and told me a corporate rep would be contacting me in the next few business days.

aurorahorse
01-04-2010, 11:54:08 AM
YIKES! Did you get your coupons back?

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 11:58:10 AM

No. :sad:

They wouldn't be any good anyway, the manager wrote on them 3 or 4 times when she kept deciding what price she was going to charge me. :rolleyes24:

aurorahorse
01-04-2010, 12:14:27 PM

They wouldn't be any good anyway, the manager wrote on them 3 or 4 times when she kept deciding what price she was going to charge me. :rolleyes24:

What a bummer. I wonder if anyway you can get that value back from Rite Aid? I bet you're TICKED!

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 12:26:04 PM
What a bummer. I wonder if anyway you can get that value back from Rite Aid? I bet you're TICKED!

I have 6 other copies of each coupon, so I'm not AS mad as I could be, but I'm really bummed about it.

everprincess
01-04-2010, 12:42:02 PM
The same exact thing happened to me in the summer time at both Rite-Aids I have near me. I haven't steped back in either store because of the way I was treated. I think I'll try again this week and see what happens if I run into the same situation I will call CS.

rebate_queen
01-04-2010, 03:36:59 PM

If she was refunded for all of the merchandise, then she shouldn't have gotten the coupons back anyways. If she was only refunded the price after the coupons, then she would be entitled to get them back.

shashabell
01-04-2010, 04:33:05 PM
Did they refund you the total before or after coupons? If they gave you a refund of the price after coupons and kept your coupons, they're committing fraud. They cannot send them into the redemption center.

TammyH
01-04-2010, 04:54:49 PM
here's the google doc for coupon policy pulled it from rite aid forum :)

Google Docs (http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0GHjC_xY1PkMjk5NTkzOWEtZmM2Yi00M2ExL WFlMzAtZWEwM2QyMWNkYWE1&hl=en)

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 04:57:30 PM
Did they refund you the total before or after coupons? If they gave you a refund of the price after coupons and kept your coupons, they're committing fraud. They cannot send them into the redemption center.

They gave me the total before coupons. Isn't it fraud, either way? Since technically they will be getting reimbursed for the same item twice? Who knows.

Anyway, I went to the Gainesville store tonight on my way home. COMPLETELY different experience! The girl said hi to me when I came in, she told me two different places to look for Nivea, they were out of Stayfree but she took my name and number and said they get a shipment on Saturday and she would call, and she gave me a raincheck. She even complimented my choice of Nivea (little did she know I took all but one, and the only reason I didn't take the last one was b/c it wouldn't have been free without another one, LOL). It was fabulous. So, I called customer service back and had them put a report in her file about how nice she was.

Mothernature
01-04-2010, 05:05:09 PM
They gave me the total before coupons. Isn't it fraud, either way? Since technically they will be getting reimbursed for the same item twice? Who knows.

If they refunded the value of the coupons (which they did), they are not profiting off of your coupons.

VivaciousJewelz
01-04-2010, 05:16:58 PM
I returned the merchandise, though, so they could re-sell it, and still turn in my coupons?

Mothernature
01-04-2010, 07:29:52 PM
I returned the merchandise, though, so they could re-sell it, and still turn in my coupons?

You were refunded the value of your coupon. Therefore, when the coupon is sent into the redemption center, the company receives a reimbursement for the funds paid to you. Essentially, your coupon turned into cash in your pocket.

The store can not return a redeemed (wrote on) coupon.