PDA

View Full Version : My 2010 Weight Loss Goal!

Pages : [1] 2

Nicole
12-31-2009, 01:36:54 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LCx1zDnEL30/SzxgAtjzD0I/AAAAAAAAAho/VpDaLX3evUc/s320/fat-gorilla.jpg

I found this picture to just be wonderful!! It’s so me!! I have been over weight on and off since, I was ten years old. I know… sad huh? Nothing I am proud of that’s for sure, but you first have to admit you have a problem before you can fix what is broken. I am broken! I think I am a lonely eater. I eat when others are not around. I have hidden food and eaten it alone just so that no one would see me eating. I go out to dinner, but I hate to go out. I feel like people are looking at me saying, “WOW do you really need to eat another meal?” Ha! Probably not, but I have always been self-conscious. Maybe because I might be that person saying those things if I was skinny! Shame on me if so! I hate being overweight, I hate having to pay extra money for clothes because I am a PLUS size. I see cute clothes all the time under $10 for skinny “regular” people. I could buy an entire wardrobe of “regular” people clothes for the price of a PLUS sized dress. Yeah, that word makes you feel good too... PLUS … like here is a normal person PLUS part of another person. Do you ever wonder why someone decided that an overweight person should be considered PLUS sized? Was it to make them feel better about themselves or the overweight person to feel worse about themselves? Who knows, but I think it's a good question. How about at a place like Wal-mart in the mens section … anything over an XL add another $2. Once again punished for being overweight. Then again if they are using more material to make bigger clothes I suppose it cost them more, but it makes the consumer feel like they are being robbed, and made fun of at the same time. Maybe that would make an interesting conversation piece at your next dinner party. Ha! Ha! Maybe not…

I have so many goals in life I have not accomplished because I am FAT! I would love to join a sports team, join social groups, and feel comfortable in a swimsuit! Oh God to wear a bikini what a miracle that would be. I want to feel sexy again. I know my husband thinks I am sexy, but heck, I wouldn’t have sex in the day light to save my soul. When I see people who are seriously overweight, or maybe I should say fatter than I am, I always say to myself “Oh God please don’t ever allow me to get that fat”. I often wonder if when people look at me they say the same thing. “WOW please God don’t ever allow me to get as fat as she is.”

My big eye opener was in October. My husband and I went to Las Vegas for our third anniversary. When we got on the plane I tried to buckle up my seatbelt and finally did, but I broke a sweat doing so. It was an embarrassing struggle. I didn’t dare unhook it the entire flight because I knew it wouldn’t ever be buckled again. I was sitting on the isle, so there wouldn’t be disguising that. I was strapped in like a fat salami with no room to breathe. On the return flight I couldn’t get it buckled… not even close. I sat there struggling and struggling. I was starting to have a panic attack and sweating profusely because I couldn’t get it buckled. Oh my! I was humiliated. I was near the window so I just laid it over my lap and kept my arms over it as to not be seen by the flight attendant, much less by my husband. That was a very humiliating experience. I couldn’t have been any more embarrassed than I was at that moment. I sat there for three and a half hours in sheer terror that the flight attend would see my unbuckled seatbelt. Oh gosh! What if she called me out on the carpet on a full plane of people? To be comfortable I needed six more inches on that belt. I want to change my life, lifestyle, and my self-esteem. I want that seat buckle to click together with ease!! I want to feel like a human again. I don’t feel like one right now. I am beyond embarrassed! I am a skinny girl trapped in a chunky body.

My husband and I decided Monday January 4, 2010 would be the first day of the rest of our lives. My husband might need to lose 60lbs…. I need to lose 60+ more! Yeah probably more like I need to lose 140lbs ugh! What a vulgar and disgusting number. Try saying that aloud… even worse try admitting it to yourself or how about the entire world as I am right now. I don’t think the fact that I am overweight is a secret to the world, but I think it has been a secret to me. One of my best friends asked me to be her matron of honor in her wedding. The wedding is in October. My goal is to lose as much weight as possible by that day. The best part is I am (as far as I know) the only person that will be standing next to her that day. Meaning… I can put off buying my dress as long as possible. That being said, I now have a mission to fit in to a dress made for someone more human that I feel. Don’t get me wrong the wedding is not the only reason I am going to make this commitment to myself, but it’s a great incentive.

The reasons I need (want) to lose weight:
1. My health! I come from a long line of people with health problems. I have been very lucky, but I don’t want to test fate.
2. My self-esteem! I am a crazy vibrant person that holds back because of my weight! I know … I know … if you know me you must be thinking wow if she is holding back who really lies beneath those pounds?
3. My family. I want my family to be proud of who I am.
4. I want a baby. I had a miscarriage in March. I often wonder if it was because I am overweight. I decided I wouldn’t try to get pregnant again until I am at a healthy weight to carry a baby. Not only for my safety, but the babies too
5. For me! I want to be who I really am! I am not the fat girl with low self-esteem. I am the skinny, showy, crazy girl that’s currently trapped in a place I want to shed.

I am not delusional! I know that this is going to be a tough battle. One day at a time, and one-step at a time. I also know that there will be times I will mess up, but messing up isn’t my fate, merely a minor setback that can be corrected by just jumping back in the game again. I am a survivor for many reason, but for some reason I have allowed the fat to win. Well fat I have just a few words for you… you have not met the new and improved me who wants to change my life most importantly for me. My goals are to stay focused, go to the gym, and eat right. Oh yeah and yes I did say gym. Conquering one of my greatest fat person fears. It’s funny a gym should be about losing weight and about people who want to lose weight, but I see it as the meat market full of beautiful people. Not the fat regular person like me. The gym has always been a fear. Thank God for my partner in life! My husband will be my partner through this journey too. I am married to a great guy who honestly has no concept of the weight struggle. Yes he needs to lose 60lbs, but to be honest he says 60lbs but that’s pushing it. I think he is saying that to make me feel good about myself. He just doesn’t know that I am more aware of weight loss that he could even imagine. I live with it every day and have for 22 years. He is a former semi pro hockey player, and a nationally ranked tennis player, oh yeah and I can’t forget he was in the army too. He has been thin, trim, and healthy his entire life. God knows why he chose me for a life partner?

So do I have any takers? Who wants to join the cause? Do you have 10 pounds to lose or 100 pounds? I would love to have other people on my journey. It’s easier if you have a support system!!

latte
12-31-2009, 02:30:00 AM
ill be here as support for you!!!!!

momof4inmi
12-31-2009, 03:17:25 AM
I would love to be there for you as well. I have lost about 60 pounds since May of last year and I still have 50 or 60 pounds to go. Have you signed up for sparkpeople? We have just started a group for hcw & ogd members over there, let me know if you would like the link.

I understand about being a skinny person in a fat person's body. I was skinny when I came home from bootcamp but after 4 kids, 4 c sections, 3 knee surgeries, and a hysterectomy the weight just kept coming. I understand the "skinny" hubby part as well. My dh weighs maybe 150 pounds soaking wet while fully dressed. I always felt as if people were staring when we went out together...you know, "look at the skinny dude with the whale".

I also have fought Type II diabetes. As of right now I am controlling it with diet and exercise but I know it's still there in the background.

Make sure to take baby steps. That's how I started. Start drinking more water and less sugar filled drinks. Eat more veggies and lean protein. Please don't go low carb as that can really mess up your body. Eat more meals...just smaller and healthier. As far as exercise have you tried videos at home? I get them from my library that way I have a bigger variety. Try the Walk at home videos by Leslie Sansone, they are pretty good.

Well good luck and we will be here for you every step of the way. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

penni-saver
12-31-2009, 05:12:43 AM
I'm trying to lose 50!! I'm in !

shannon1189
12-31-2009, 05:23:28 AM
Your story is me . I was 100 lbs when I got married. I have never been good with diets. Every year its the same story I try them I stop. I am now 130 lbs over weight. My goal is to get to 120 lbs. I have gained a whole person , I am grateful my husband loves me the way I have turned out. I am not happy with the way I look. Nothing I own fits me anymore. I look at food and I gain weight. I am going to start my goals nice and slow however I would like to loose 50 lbs or more this year.We are also going to stop smoking with the new year so I am hoping I can do this. I do not eat all the time, I do drink a lot of pepsi. I have gone to the doctor several times about my weight. everyone this something is wrong because of the rapid weight I have gained.

--- Here is to a new year with new beginnings ---

I will be here to support you , because lord knows I am going to need it myself.

bugweena
12-31-2009, 05:36:46 AM
I'm with you, sistah! I am so glad your DH is supportive and going through the process with you. I think that really helps. I want to lose weight, too. My goal is 20 pounds by mid-April when I go on a cruise to Hawaii with my mom!

Castingbread
12-31-2009, 05:55:21 AM
I am just the opposite--underweight my whole life. But my dh and dd struggle and while looking how to help them this past year I found a lot of info at the Mayo Clinic website.

Here is a link for their weight loss philosophy:
Mayo Clinic diet: A weight-loss program for life - MayoClinic.com (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mayo-clinic-diet/WT00016)

And here is a link for their Healthy Weight Pyramid tool:
Mayo Clinic diet: A weight-loss program for life - MayoClinic.com (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mayo-clinic-diet/WT00016)

They base the eating plan on the Food Pyramid. The tool lets you put in your age, weight and sex and if you want to loose or maintain your weight. It then tells you how many calories you will need to do that--but you don't count calories. It shows you how to eat healthy by dividing those calories among the divisions of the food pyramid. So you eat so many carb servings, so many veggie servings, etc. There are a few pages you can print out that have lists of servings of each of these (like there will be20 to 30 protein items listed and the size of serving). So what I did was take these and made spread sheets with daily meals and snacks on them breaking up the types of food throughout the day. I put down breakfast and lunches exactly (like bowel of cereal, milk and fruit; chicken sandwich, carrot sticks, etc) and then put dinner with the leftovers like: 2 meats, 4 carbs, 3 veggies, 1 fruit--so whatever was being served could fit in.

They even allow 75 calories of sweets a day.

Since my dh and dd didn't need to loose a lot (like 20 and 7 only) cutting the calories as much as they said seemed a bit rash so we went halfway between maintenance and weight loss and they have lost steadily 1/2 to 3/4 pound a week. They had already been exercising so they haven't increased their activity level.

Oh, and I read an article by a professional trainer who said to be very, very strict for the first 21 days for your body to learn to function properly loosing weight and then you could have a splurge meal. But if you splurge before that it will mess up your metabolism. He then said once you are on the road to loosing you can splurge at a meal once a week.

I hope there is something in here that will help you on your journey. And wish you the best. You are an amazing communicator--a very interesting post to read. Keep us posted how you do.

Julz81
12-31-2009, 06:40:09 AM
I'm in too!!! I really need to lose about 55lbs to be around my goal weight, but I would be so happy with 40 even!!
I really need the support and motivation too! I am thinking of trying ww again, but not sure..

hbaqueen
12-31-2009, 07:09:05 AM
Im so stealing that picture for my blog! Love it!

You can do it and people here are great they will help you!

Ive been slowly changing things for months but now its time to get busy and really get strict and get it done.
If you ever need an ear feel free to PM me!! Good luck!

ETA I also need to lose 140+ so dont feel bad your not alone!! There I put it out there for the world to see too!
Hugs!

Im using the bodybugg I got for Christmas and just counting calories in and out. As PP mentioned I do think its good to be strict for a while. Im doing the fat smash detox again for 9 days. I always do it again after I have splurged or went off plan for a week or more.
It helps focus me and clean my body of addictions and cravings.
I normally dont make it the entire 9 days and find my groove back to a normal low cal eating within a few days but then I screw up again so Im stayiong strict detox for 9 days and then I have my entire menu planned for the month of Jan. so Im ready!

momof4inmi
12-31-2009, 07:23:16 AM
Hey Hbaqueen...do you like your bodybug? Is it worth it?

Jasmin71
12-31-2009, 07:30:08 AM
I am in....

Need too loose 40 lbs at least !

My hubby is doing the same however he works on the road and we only see eachother every 6 weeks. SO by time he gets home next time I want to have lost at least 10 lbs !

angeleyeza
12-31-2009, 07:50:34 AM
why would you want to put bugs on your body?!?!? :P

hbaqueen
12-31-2009, 08:41:45 AM
why would you want to put bugs on your body?!?!? :P

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Well you know I though leaches might suck out the fat! :giggle2:

I know your kidding
but I guess there might be some people who do not know what they are. Its an armband you wear that tells how many calories you are burning and then you upload it to the computer and input what you ate that day and can see calories in vs calories out and so you need to burn 3500 calories more than you consume to = one pound loss.
Love being bugged.
Not crazy about their online calorie counting site but love the bugg since all the online calculaters grossly overestimated what I was burning per day.

XUfan
12-31-2009, 08:47:36 AM
Hi everyone! Every year, I sign up with a support group here (or on other sites I've belonged to before), and every year, I'm one of the first to drop out. For some reason, I just can't get myself to post daily (or even weekly)...and then I give up.

So...I'm with you all in spirit...but I probably won't be joining the challenge. I am trying something a little different this year, though. I'm putting my weight loss goal in my siggy. Now, every time I post something, I'll see it! Maybe it will help me remember NOT to pick up those chips to munch while I'm posting!

hbaqueen
12-31-2009, 08:50:55 AM
Hey Hbaqueen...do you like your bodybug? Is it worth it?

LOVE It!!!

Got mine for Christmas my mom gave each kid $250 and my bugg and display total was $270 then got back about $10 at ebates.
The bugg was on sale for 199 and the display was 79.99 and I used a 10% code on it. I went thru ebates and 24 hour fitness and got % back too.

ALL the online calorie calculators said I could maintain my weight at around 3200 calories
so that means I should be burning 3200 calories per day right?
3200 in 3200 out = no loss or gain
So when the told me I could eat 2400 calories and lose 1.6 pounds a week and I was eating way less than that and not losing anything it was frustrating.
Well, thats because my body according to my BB only burns 2400 calories per day on a normal active day. So, I need to work harder to burn more.
So if I ate 2000 calories a day and not adding excercie it would take almost 9 weeks to see a one pound loss! No wonder I got frustrated eating 1800-2000 calories a day it was way too much for my body!
I have thyroid disease and I have the MG which both affect my metabolism. So, it makes sense I wouldnt burn what those generic calculators said. But I needed to know what I was really burning.
I also now know what I need to do to burn calories. I can see how much I burn cleaning house or walking or doing wii fit ect.
And I can see it on my display all day long so if I need to add in excercise I can I dont have to wait until the end of day when I upload.
Love it!!

But there is always a but....

I HATE their Online program.
BodyBugg online
Im not sure of the cost because you get the first 6 months free and I have not looked past that.
They have almost no foods listed in their database it truly pales in comparison to fitday and thedaily plate ect.

So, thats fine I have no problem entering my own foods....WRONG
They wont let you add certain things. For example I use itilian seasoning dry and parmesean cheese on my chicken as a coating. It refuses to allow me to add the food because it doesnt think the facts are correct. No way to override this and have not gotten anywhere with CS yet. But to be fair its only been a few days since I wrote them. And in the past I have just fudged the other #s it was having issues with and went on. But I am weighing everything and want 100% correct #s on everything because I intend to use it to show my Dr if I am 100% gluten free, low sodium, low carb, low cal ect and still dont show improvements in my health.

It would be nice if it would let you enter anything you want or even better if you could enter calories and all facts for the day in one place so you could use a different program. But nada. Cant do that, its all or nothing.
And if your paying for it you should be able to use it and not have to go elsewhere, dont ya think?
But you need it to upload your daily BB stats since they do occasionally vary slightly from the arm band to the display. So, I will most likely keep it when my free 6 months is up.
The online part does need some major work.

To be fair for the most part though most foods will upload fine when you add them and its not too hard to use when you get use to it. Im just a little irritated right now that it can be so inconvienient some times.

Since its free for the first 6 months I guess its not too bad once you figure it out but it has bugs no pun intended :giggle2:

hbaqueen
12-31-2009, 09:02:40 AM
And I know you didnt ask but if anyone is thinking of getting the Sketcher Shape up shoes I highly reccomend them!

They feel like you are walking on sand and are suppose to force your muscles to work in a new way and build calf and thigh muscles. I do not know if they truly shape your muscles or not but I CAN feel my muscles working. It could be just that Im actually walking more now and my muscles always feel strained anyway or they could really be doing their job. DH says he can feel it in his back and butt big time when he wears his.

I do know they are the most comfortable shoes I have EVER worn.
I have a lot of problems with my feet and my left foot in particular. Every time I walk for a long period of time whether it be to excercise or to go to the grocery store I will get an intense sharp pain on the left side of my left foot. Every single time. UNTIL a month ago when I started wearing the Shape ups! I have not had that pain since Ive started wearing these shoes!

My husband has seen the improvement in my feet so he wanted a pair. S I purchased him a pair for Christmas. He really likes them but he only wears them for excersice and not daily. I wear mine all day every day whenever I go anywhere just like any tennis shoe. My mom and sister both tried on mine and loved them and they both got themselves a pair at Kohls with 30% off coupons which made them like $69 a pair instead of 100+

I wear boot cut jeans all the time anyway and you cant tell what they are they just look like plain athletic shoes. My sister came in with capris on and her black shape ups and my BIL was like what are those shoes but I had been standing there beside him for like an hour and I had mine on and he didnt even notice. Then when we pointed it out he was like those are the same shoes, yup. He didnt even realize it because mine were white and hidden by my jeans. They honestly dont look funny at all. LOVE THEM!!!

But get them at Kohls when they have 30% off /free ship ect and get 4% back at ebates. I paid almost full price for my first pair but I got 2 more pair and my hubbys at Kohls online with the 30% off and free ship and $ back at ebates. And got Kohls cash too!

jwahlton
12-31-2009, 09:41:02 AM
We've got a HCW group on Sparkpeople.com. Come and join us! That's a wonderful FREE website!

lostinthemission
12-31-2009, 10:22:04 AM
I would like to lose 40 pounds. I feel like 20 pounds be a good goal. I used to be apart of spark people, but it didn't really do much for me. I never could eat such little calories. They wanted me to eat 1300 calories, as a landscaper that's just not enough. I know everyone says your body get's used to your work, but believe me I am always sore. It's not true for everyone.

Mothernature
12-31-2009, 12:33:00 PM
I've been there too as well as my husband. I've lost 115 pd in a year and he's lost 60 pds in 5 months. We are proof you can do it.

I had to ask for a seat belt extender in 2007 while flying. It was embarrassing. I went swimming for the first time last month in a decade!

I went from a 4x to XL. I am 6' so L-XL is the appropriate size for me. Guess what? XL is still plus size. Do not let those labels bother you.

I second sparkspeople. As long as you log everything you eat, you can see what you eat and what you need to change. As I posted in the other weight loss thread, if you cut the carbs and calories, you will cut the weight.

This is my husband in 2007 and a week ago.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/l_b3601b1a650a4478b3c279b1b457f5e6.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/l_eb4bf8c5a33545d189ebf9221d3dbd3b.jpg

This is me as of a month ago

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/78/l_6b239406ad184d0b932a9b4aa3eb0236.jpg

dliver316
12-31-2009, 12:48:15 PM
I am totally in too! I need to lose about 60lbs and it is just sooo hard to do. I wish I would have done it before I had a child b/c it is even harder now. I have to do it though, b/c it used to be that I just wanted to do it to look better, but now (I am 30) I am starting to feel the wear and tear. My back kills me all the time. Things that used to be easy to do are not so easy anymore. And I think 30 is fairly young, so I cant imagine what I will feel like 10 years down the road if I dont do something.
I'm going to join the sparkpeople team too.

Thanks for posting this. Your post was awesome!

Mothernature
12-31-2009, 01:09:52 PM
I also have fought Type II diabetes. As of right now I am controlling it with diet and exercise but I know it's still there in the background.

Please don't go low carb as that can really mess up your body.

:confused58:

You are a diabetic and suggesting not to go low carb? Don't you eat low carb?

I'm confused.

MamaVader
01-01-2010, 04:02:29 PM
Well, I'm in. I've managed to gain back all that I lost plus a couple more pounds.
I'm at 234 now, I plan to take off 84lbs this year to reach my goal of 150.

I just joined the sparkpeople group, and also plan to borrow XUfan's signature idea
for here so it will be there every day, all the time, reminding me of my goal. Good luck to all of us!

brandasa
01-01-2010, 04:27:45 PM
I worked very hard to loose 25 pounds a few years back - this site was an amazing help!

Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program (http://caloriecount.about.com/)

momof4inmi
01-01-2010, 05:23:48 PM
:confused58:

You are a diabetic and suggesting not to go low carb? Don't you eat low carb?

I'm confused.

I was referring to extreme low carb diets like atkins. I don't really eat "low carb", I base my carbs on the glycemic index.

Mothernature
01-01-2010, 07:56:44 PM
I was referring to extreme low carb diets like atkins. I don't really eat "low carb", I base my carbs on the glycemic index.

I use the glycemic index as to avoid those nasty spikes that mess with the A1C myself. However, I do limit my carbs to 100-120 a day. Some diabetics I know eat only 50 carbs a day.

Nicole
01-02-2010, 02:28:25 AM
YEEAAAHHH I am sooooooooooooooo excited to see sooooo many people respond!! I need all the help I can get!! It's 3:30am so I need to go to bed, but I will be signing up for Spark group tomorrow!! I hope ALLLLL of you join me and everyone else!!! I love you guys!!!! I love the honesty!!! I feel so much support already!! Mama Vadar Where are you???

MamaVader
01-02-2010, 07:13:51 AM
YEEAAAHHH I am sooooooooooooooo excited to see sooooo many people respond!! I need all the help I can get!! It's 3:30am so I need to go to bed, but I will be signing up for Spark group tomorrow!! I hope ALLLLL of you join me and everyone else!!! I love you guys!!!! I love the honesty!!! I feel so much support already!! Mama Vadar Where are you???

Hi Nicole, here I am. http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/images/smilies/girl%20wave%20hi.gif I'm about to drag myself out for a short walk. Have to be gone most of the day today, but want to get back in the habit of walking every day. I joined the sparkpeople too, see you there. :BigHand:

Nicole
01-03-2010, 01:37:21 AM
WAhooooo I am excited you will be there too!!

hbaqueen
01-03-2010, 07:24:09 AM
Everyone doing well?

Im 4.4 lbs down so far :dance16:
but it wont be as extreme when I go off detox and back to just calorie counting but I need the cleanse and the boost in weight loss to show me it will actually come off.

Hope everyone is doing well! It seems the first 3 days back on plan are the hardest so hope everyone is sticking to their plans.

momof4inmi
01-03-2010, 07:51:54 AM
Everyone doing well?

but it wont be as extreme when I go off detox and back to just calorie counting but I need the cleanse and the boost in weight loss to show me it will actually come off.

Hope everyone is doing well! It seems the first 3 days back on plan are the hardest so hope everyone is sticking to their plans.

What type of detox did you use? I have been stuck at 190 for 2 months and while I am grateful that I have gained anything back I am getting frustrated.

congrats on the loss :wavehi:

XUfan
01-03-2010, 08:30:05 AM
Everyone doing well?

Well...somehow...someway...I lost 2 pounds already. I've been saying "no" to the sweets that are offered every 5 minutes...and I stopped eating anything at all after dinner. Just tea or water after 7pm. So...I guess I'm off to a decent start. (I updated my stats on my siggy!)

hbaqueen
01-03-2010, 08:32:40 AM
Well...somehow...someway...I lost 2 pounds already. I've been saying "no" to the sweets that are offered every 5 minutes...and I stopped eating anything at all after dinner. Just tea or water after 7pm. So...I guess I'm off to a decent start. (I updated my stats on my siggy!)

:BigHand::BigHand::BigHand:

hbaqueen
01-03-2010, 08:38:32 AM
What type of detox did you use? I have been stuck at 190 for 2 months and while I am grateful that I have gained anything back I am getting frustrated.

congrats on the loss :wavehi:

Fat Smash

In the first phase of the Fat Smash Diet, food choices should be eaten raw, grilled or steamed. Fats are limited to a maximum of 3 tablespoons, with 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil per day.

Allowed foods include:

unlimited fruits and vegetables (except white potatoes or avocado), unlimited chickpeas, lentils, tofu, and beans.

Limited amounts:
brown rice- 2 cups
low-fat skim milk 1 cup, or soy milk
oatmeal 1 cup prepared (1/2 cup dry)
low-fat yogurt 2 - 6oz
egg whites- 2
and herbal tea.

That is what you eat for 9 days but it is extremely low calorie so check with a DR before starting...
I can eat a regular low calorie diet and excercise and not see results in a month I can do this and will los 1-2 lbs a day

latte
01-03-2010, 11:07:31 AM
I'll have to dig it up again, but my mom had a soup recipe (a variation that my aunt had) ......its a *diet* soup, in which you eat as much of the soup as you want, and then theres varied amounts of other foods for the first week.........this is a diet recomended for heart patients to lose a bunch of weight quickly, not to be used all the time

Sacred Heart Diet Review | Does Sacred Heart Diet Work?, Pros & Cons (http://www.dietspotlight.com/sacred-heart-diet-review/?gclid=CN-V_JjniJ8CFQJaagodg0r9Ug)

i post the this because i actaually just like the soup! this may not be the right one, but its very similar, the one i like best is from the Sacred Heart Medical Center in SPokanne Washington

*edit* While everything i have read on this soup tells you taht if you follow the "diet" exactly, that you will lose 10-17 pounds a week......this is NOT a long term diet, its more or less a *detox* of sorts---and again, its used for patients who have a lot of weight to loose typically before surgery. I havent actually followed the diet at least not for longer then 2 days so any weightloss i have from it is not accurate.....i just love the soup, and would make a HUGE pot of the soup, and eat soup for lunch every day, and have a cup of soup before my dinner

Nicole
01-03-2010, 12:12:44 PM
Is this the correct Spark people group HCW/OGD Hotties?

isabel
01-03-2010, 12:57:02 PM
I'm with you Nicole, I definitely need a support group. I starting changing my eating habits and lifestyle last August. I even got up every morning and exercised 30 minutes before going to work. I was doing pretty good and had even lost 15 pounds in 2 1/2 months. But I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm stressed, bored, upset, whatever. We've had quite a bit happen financially since then and of course I've gotten out of my routine. I found that some of my old habits have returned. Somehow I've managed to keep off the weight I had lost but don't know how.

I hate to go shopping cause I can never find things I like in my size. I won't have my picture taken cause I know that can't be me. I don't feel I should look that huge. I get frustrated when I try to do things with my kids and get too winded or tired because of my weight. I'm ready to lose the weight. I currently weigh 240 and would love to lose 80 pounds.

At work they are starting a "biggest loser" competition this week. Hopefully between the competition and the support from all you here at HCW I can succeed.

Nicole
01-03-2010, 10:39:42 PM
That's really great my DH and I are doing a BL contest also. I have no doubt he will win because he's so competive, but I won't go down without a fight!! Good luck and good for you!! I hope everyone will keep checking in. I would love to see weekly weigh in if everyone is willing!! Just a quick note to post what you have lost.

Nicole
01-03-2010, 10:40:37 PM
Anyone wanting to join us on spark people the group name is HCW/OGD Hotties

momof4inmi
01-04-2010, 04:03:26 AM
I am so glad that some of you have joined us over at Sparkpeople. Like Nicole said the group name is HCW/OGD Hotties. Hope to see ya there.

kimandkathess
01-04-2010, 08:07:49 PM
I am with you all as well. I started at 193...thats shocked me....especially when the wii fit plus told me i was Obese.
Well i have since then, gotten down to 185.xx (dont remember the ounces) I want to be down to 135 or 140 by the end of this year.

angeleyeza
01-04-2010, 10:47:10 PM
today I started my diet officially. I stepped on the scaled and I figured 2 years of bad habits and holidays was bound to catch up with me but when it hit 175 i wanted to cry I thought I heard the thing say "one please" they say the first week is always the hardest. Because your body has to get used to the changes in food and exercise all over again. I used to be a health nut was 143 lbs well sigh.. I guess I took too long of a break :(

Nicole
01-05-2010, 12:36:06 AM
Well look at it this way.... you are now going to be a health freak again because you have to be. You have made two of the hardest steps in the process. You got on the scale... and you started. Don't stop, and come over to spark people and join us!!

XUfan
01-05-2010, 07:39:15 AM
today I started my diet officially. I stepped on the scaled and I figured 2 years of bad habits and holidays was bound to catch up with me but when it hit 175 i wanted to cry I thought I heard the thing say "one please" they say the first week is always the hardest. Because your body has to get used to the changes in food and exercise all over again. I used to be a health nut was 143 lbs well sigh.. I guess I took too long of a break :(

The scale and the tears brought alot of us to this thread. We're here for each other!! I've made some bad food decisions over the past few years too. I'm hoping to change them....and stay on track this time!

heartse
01-05-2010, 08:38:14 AM
I am there with you all... my mini-goal is 10 lbs by mid-February. Totally doable. My main goal is 40lbs by July. But ultimately I would like to drop 88 lbs. I have learned that I have to do this in small chunks or I will not feel like I am getting anywhere. Three years ago I lost about 50 lbs after DD was born, and I kept if off... for about a year. The last two years I have slowly put back on about 30 of it. I am bound and determined to get down and past where I was. I know I was much happier with myself then.

Arie
01-05-2010, 09:12:00 AM
I joined the sparkpeople group today!

Everyone here has inspired me to get myself into a healthier life style. I've known (and wanted to) that I should do this for a long time, but never had the "umph" to do it.

I've been toying with the idea of joining a gym again, but felt like there was no point since I had no one that I could track results with.

Now? I have people!

WOOHOO!

XUfan
01-05-2010, 09:12:14 AM
Heartse...I totally believe in small goals! When I lost weight a few years ago, I set up a goal weight every 4 weeks. It really helped. Right now, I'd love to lose 15-20 pounds by mid-March. My daughter is coming to visit then, and I haven't seen her since last July. She lost 70 pounds last year, and looks GREAT! I'm not telling her that I'm trying to lose right now. I want to surprise her.

Arie
01-05-2010, 09:22:51 AM
I think small goals are the way to go....

I'm in the middle of reading a book (well, about 6 really...) called "Half A$$ed : A Weight Loss Memoir". (With out the dollar signs of course). It's really good... anyway - the author (Janette Fulda) says "Think the last 20 lbs are the hardest? Try the last 200!"

She gives her account of weight loss (went from 370ish to 170ish) and her successes and failures. She mentioned that she started off saying that she wanted to drop 200 lbs was so intimidating that when she only lost 2 lbs, she'd feel like a failure.

I know that feeling - which is why I'm trying to set "realistic" goals for myself. One little bit at a time...

hbaqueen
01-05-2010, 09:26:30 AM
Everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

I caved and had some candy last night after finding out DHs company went under and we are now unemployed.

And today Ive wanted a burger so bad so I decided that I could have it IF i burned it off first. And I did!
I did the wii fit dance game that came with the my shape houseparty and wheew I burnt 355 calories in 24 minutes.

IF I still want that small burger later I will have it because its 300 calories and Ive burnt them off already!
Not exactly the goal I wanted this week since I wanted to be super strict for 9 days but its all about less calories in than out so Im going to work it in so I dont self destruct on other stuff today.
Im an emotional stress eater so this is gonna be tough with this new development in our lives.

Im down frm 298 on the 1st to 291 today 7 lbs down!

Arie that is so true! I envy people who are only 20 or even 50 lbs over weight I need to lose 150 lbs to even be considered normal and not overweight. That is very daunting!

angeleyeza
01-05-2010, 09:39:30 AM
today I did 1/2 hr of Jillian micheal Ultimate workout boot camp on wii ran for 1/2 hr my legs feel like jello.

ate healthy all day ! remembered to take my vitamins. i told myself im not allowed onine here until I do at least 30 mins of exercise. so maybe that is something that helps the faster I get the 30 mins done the faster I can come here ;)

imagine working at a potato chip factory. every night I struggle to not sample the chips that are hot and fresh off the line. last night I did so well chewing gum all night till I got to the last half hr I indulged in some Sour cream and onion ridgies. today is no chips for Bobbi Day my hardest goal at work. wish me luck. Food for thought- ea. potato chip you eat has 15 calories per chip!!!!

ELLE-TN
01-05-2010, 07:13:20 PM
Ok, I am so in. I will definitely be checking out the spark group.

I need to loose 40 pounds. I started my diet three days ago. Today was a really hard day as a lot of stress came up and I started to crave sweets.

I am using my old weight watchers material to help me out. I have done the soup diet too. I will be making the soup to use when I get the urge to eat as it is a zero point indulgence with weightwatchers.

I will only be weighing once a week as last time I dieted I became obcessed with weighing. I weighed every morning, every time I ate or drank anything, everytime I went to pee, every night, on and on and on. About drove me nuts. So this time once a week is my plan.

I have planned to walk 2 miles a day and do a light weight workout for 30 minutes everyday. It is cold as crap here temps between 8-26 all week so walking has not happened and neither have the weights.

kimandkathess
01-05-2010, 08:45:44 PM
I too have set a small goal of 10lbs at a time and will be happy each time i reach the next set of 10 numbers such as 179, 169, 159, 149, 139....
I hate watching tv at night....too many food comercials....my tummy is growling.

ELLE-TN
01-05-2010, 09:02:19 PM
I too have set a small goal of 10lbs at a time and will be happy each time i reach the next set of 10 numbers such as 179, 169, 159, 149, 139....
I hate watching tv at night....too many food comercials....my tummy is growling.

LOL it is just not at night it is all day long. I just told my friend that is dieting with me the very same thing today.

Jasmin71
01-06-2010, 04:16:30 AM
I am looking at it as not being a *diet* but a change of Life.

Smaller Portions, and I MUST walk at least 1 mile a day on my treadmill. I am also putting in Weightloss Yoga DVD( holy cow that ones left me hurting!!). I am trying to get on in the morning and at night with Treadmill.

going from 179-140 for my GOAL weight,,,, but for now I want too lose 10 lbs by the time Hubby comes back home which will be Mid February.

So I do need to step it up, I let myself eat what I want but controll the Portions, no food after 6 pm unless I really needed like last night I had a orange, much better then a Cup cake or bowl of Ice cream.
What do you eat/ snack on at night for a LOW cal/fat idea?

I know oatmeal with SF/FF Hot chocolate you can have but I am not much for Oatmeal.

hbaqueen
01-06-2010, 06:15:57 AM
If I have to have something at night I generally do a hot cocoa with skim milk or hot skim milk and 1tbs coffee creamer.
I will also do 1/2 banana mixed in a flavored yogurt.

ELLE-TN
01-06-2010, 07:34:17 PM
Things are going pretty well here. I found a WW recipe for mini chocolate chip cookies. 2 cookies = 1 pt. they are really pretty good.

I plan to make the magic soup tomorrow which will stand in for the times when you just have to eat.... it is zero points.

Arie
01-07-2010, 07:44:24 AM
As far as Oatmeal goes, I force myself to eat it every morning with a banana (While I'm at my desk at work). It makes me full, which helps stop those mid-morning snack attacks that I seem to have (regardless of it it's mid-morning, mid-afternoon, or midnight lol).

For snacks at home when it's late, I usually open up the fridge, then the freezer, and then the pantry. If I close my eyes and "focus in" on one item, like icecream I know I'm looking for something sweet.

Last night I wanted icecream in the worst way! So, I had one heaping tablespoon of icecream and then ate a small bowl of apple sauce. It was the sweetness I was looking for, and I gave myself a bit of the 'real thing' to satisfy the urge.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Mothernature
01-07-2010, 08:45:24 AM
Let me point out that not eating after 6-7 pm is not healthy and will lead to weight gain. You are starving your body. It will find a food source including muscle-- never mind what it does to your metabolism and blood sugar.

I ate after 9 and lost. It is what you eat and keeping track of your consumption.

I plan to lose another 30-40 pounds myself by September.

ELLE-TN
01-07-2010, 08:45:31 AM
Yes I saw on a TV show (can't remember which one but one that focuses on weight loss) that the body sometimes thinks it is hungry when it is thirsty, especially at night. They suggested drinking a glass of water and waiting 15 minutes to decide if you still wanted something to eat

XUfan
01-07-2010, 08:57:56 AM
Yes I saw on a TV show (can't remember which one but one that focuses on weight loss) that the body sometimes thinks it is hungry when it is thirsty, especially at night. They suggested drinking a glass of water and waiting 15 minutes to decide if you still wanted something to eat

I do this with...except that I drink tea. I like hot tea, unsweetened, so I'm not adding calories. Usually, by the time I'm done with the cup of tea, I'm not hungry anymore. If I am...I address it!

angeleyeza
01-07-2010, 10:27:53 AM
Im trying low carb but I allow myself nly one day of carbs per week. today I had:

1- bowl kashi go lean crunch 1/2 c with 1/2 c Super skim milk

lunch:
1/2 c Whole wheat penne pasta
.8oz Turkey sausage slices up into small chunks
1/3 c ragu sugar free tomato basil sauce
1- small square ( size of 4 dice) fat free sugar free corn bread

Supper:
1- carnation instant sugar free pkt - 60 cal
1- 16 bottle water
1/2 c Green beans steamed

snacks: cucmber slices
approx calories 1050-1200

XUfan
01-07-2010, 10:36:17 AM
Let me point out that not eating after 6-7 pm is not healthy and will lead to weight gain. You are starving your body. It will find a food source including muscle-- never mind what it does to your metabolism and blood sugar.

I ate after 9 and lost. It is what you eat and keeping track of your consumption.

I plan to lose another 30-40 pounds myself by September.

One of the things that my doctor told me when he put me on a diet a few years ago, is that you should stop eating 3-4 hours before you go to bed. We normally eat dinner betwen 6:30 and 7pm. That's when my husband comes home from work. Almost every night, I'm in bed by 11pm. So...not eating after dinner fits right into that 3-4 hour guideline.

Also, if I eat late at night...no matter if it's a healthy snack or not...I have a hard time sleeping. Since I've stopped eating after dinner, I've been sleeping much better. So, I'll continue this way. It works for me, and my doctor approves.

Mothernature
01-07-2010, 10:45:58 AM
One of the things that my doctor told me when he put me on a diet a few years ago, is that you should stop eating 3-4 hours before you go to bed. We normally eat dinner betwen 6:30 and 7pm. That's when my husband comes home from work. Almost every night, I'm in bed by 11pm. So...not eating after dinner fits right into that 3-4 hour guideline.

Have you lost a lot of weight with your doctors suggestion? I am curious. If so,I will consider it :smile:

XUfan
01-07-2010, 11:07:08 AM
Have you lost a lot of weight with your doctors suggestion? I am curious. If so,I will consider it :smile:

Actually, I did lose really well when I did this. At the time, my goal was to lose 43 pounds. I followed his suggestions: I was very strict with my portion sizes...only ate healthy things between meals (raw veggies, fruits, and other low-fat, high fiber snacks)...didn't eat anything for 3-4 hours before bedtime...and drank lots of water and unsweetened tea. Also, I chose 1 day each week when I could eat more than the other days...I just didn't go overboard! He said that one of the mistakes that people make when they diet is that they keep their calorie intake the same every day. If you do this, your metabolism adapts to it, and considers the low calorie intake normal, and slows down. If you mix it up a little bit, it confuses your metabolism.

And...the happy ending of that story is that I DID lose the 43 pounds, and it only took me 7 months. The sequel to that story is...I stopped following all of those guidelines, and gained it back over 5 years. So...I'm back on the weight loss train!

Jasmin71
01-10-2010, 03:55:49 PM
This is the same my Docs told me 3 hrs before bed no food, if you have anything make it LOW fat or fruit.

but as you I gained back when I quit smoking,,, lol..

XUfan
01-11-2010, 04:38:07 AM
It's Weigh-In day!! :smile:

Well...at least it is for me. Since my work week is Thurs through Sun, I figured I'd weigh in on Monday. I like going into my "weekend" knowing where I stand. It gives me motivation to keep on track, even when it's not a work day.

SO...here are my results:

I started out on Dec 25, weighing 187.
Last Monday, I weighed 184.5.
Today...(drumroll please!)...I'm at 181.5. :BigHand:

You would not believe how much work those 3 pounds took!!! I just can't wait until I'm below 180!! I'll do a happy dance!!

Jasmin71
01-11-2010, 05:11:15 AM
WOHOOOOOO

My weigh in as well today, my weight will be *off * this week due too having to buy new Scale. BUT I am guessing a 2 lb weightloss is fair, down too 173.3 lb !
Next week will be a exact weigh in :)

I am up to doing 2 Miles on treadmill as well, so that will help as well.

Need something to do for morning as in keeping busy.....

heartse
01-11-2010, 05:32:10 AM
Ok, weigh in week... (this number is going to hurt to post for all the world to see)

Start: 308.2
Today: 304.6
Change: -3.6
Total Change: -3.6

Jasmin71
01-11-2010, 05:54:21 AM
(hugs) to you..... proud of you !!!
your doing GREAT ..... look you lost 3.6 lbs !!!!!! :)

MamaVader
01-11-2010, 03:04:10 PM
Ok, weigh in week... (this number is going to hurt to post for all the world to see)

Today: 304.6
Change: -3.6
Total Change: -3.6

You are well on your way to your mini-goal, I bet you make it with no problem. :BigHand:

hbaqueen
01-11-2010, 05:47:40 PM
Im not doing well at all!
I have lost/kept off 5.5 pounds since jan 1 but my diet the past few days has sucked.
DH lost his job, its cold as frig, my bodybugg wont upload and Im having issues with their CS, I havent felt well, found out yesterday my cousins wife died suddenly leaving 2 lil boys without their mom which just really has had me depressed thinking about that, and my MG was in such a bad flare this morning I broke down and cried in front of my parents, ds and dh and everybody and I NEVER do that. I am pretty open about it here because I have to have somewhere to vent and let it out but not so very much in real life. I dont even think my dad knows what is wrong with me to tell you the truth.

So needless to say my calories have been insane!
UGH! Got to get back on track tomorrow!!

momof4inmi
01-11-2010, 06:39:30 PM
(((HUGS))) I am sorry that you have been having such crappy luck. I hope things turn around soon.

puakinikini
01-11-2010, 07:26:39 PM
I have enjoyed reading all the posts... thank you to everyone for sharing. I am finally determined to lose the weight that I kept on after the birth of my last child. Three kids (set of twins) in 2.5 years was not kind to my body and I have been so busy since then that I have not been taking care of myself. That is now changing. I hit my highest non-pregnant weight ever and finally said "enough!" I have lost 8 lbs. since 12/26/09 and am now eating less/better and exercising. I am doing low carb (South Beach variant; yes, I am aware of the research), and it works for me. I think there are many people out there, myself included, that need to do more than just cut back. Exercise is key for me, but time is a premium. I love to work out and would do so everyday, but I am already burning the candle at both ends. I am working out 4 times a week currently and hope to be able to keep it up. My DH goes out of town for over a week at the end of January so that will be a real test.

Jasmin71
01-12-2010, 03:47:04 AM
I am doing 45 min . on Treadmill now which equals too 2.5 Miles, at 3.3-3.7 mph yes I am only 5.2 so I am huffing and puffing lol
Hoping to loose another 2-3 lbs this week.

Jasmin71
01-12-2010, 09:31:34 AM
As nice as the weightloss sounds,,,,,,,,,, I think i will pass on that Diet :)

Hope you feel better soon !!

angeleyeza
01-12-2010, 10:09:40 AM
wieght watcher food points list
Weight Watchers Points List (http://www.buzzle.com/articles/weight-watchers-points-list.html)

selah
01-12-2010, 01:36:28 PM
Congrats on all the weight loss everyone. I am down 2 pounds which puts me at 188 (yuck). I am trying to find out how many ww points I can have a day without going to the meetings or the website...I just don't have the money for that. But I have about 28 ww meals in my freezer..lol.
I didn't work out today...I have some sort of stomach bug.

Google "Daily Points Target quiz" for WW and you can see the formula...several sites which help you calculate....hope you feel better.:smile:

angeleyeza
01-13-2010, 10:33:40 PM
well I forgot to weight myself this morning and I know I should have instead waited and did it this afternoon. I was skeptical at first to find out. but I lost 4 lbs =)

XUfan
01-14-2010, 04:14:25 AM
well I forgot to weight myself this morning and I know I should have instead waited and did it this afternoon. I was skeptical at first to find out. but I lost 4 lbs =)

That's great!! Congrats!!!

Everyone's doing so well!!! Let's keep up the good work...and the support!! I, for one, can really use all the support I can get!

Jasmin71
01-14-2010, 06:25:22 AM
You aint a kidding, I am scared to find out next week....

MamaBird06
01-16-2010, 11:07:25 AM
i'll join you all! I really want to lose 35 pounds, it's hard to believe but 2 years ago I was only 9 pounds from my goal weight, slowly over time, i managed to gain 26 pounds, ahh! We are also ttc #2 and it's really hard to lose weight when you don't know if you are trying to lose 35 pounds or maybe gaining 35 pounds in the near future. But I have put my foot down now. I am committing to leading a healthier lifestyle, resisting all those free and cheap w/coupon goodies and am on a rode that I need to be on. I am hanging out at OGD more often and transitioning to more organics! Dh is also on board and still tring to quit smoking and we both are going to the gym regularly! So my whole aim is not to lose 35 pounds but to maintain a healthier lifestyle and submerge myself in it regularly to avoid falling off the wagon. That means lots of research and reading. It didn't take me long to give up beef and pork a couple years back, but chocolate is another story, hah. I am a big time emotional eater here, so that is one i need to control, as I like to eat junk, when I am happy and sad and excited and nervous and when i get a good coupon deal, when a cashier is rude, well you get the picture...So here's to a great new year, whether i gain the 35 pounds (baby) or lose 35 pounds! Or a bit of both, either way that will be fine by me!

Jasmin71
01-18-2010, 03:35:38 AM
Welcome to the *LOOSERS Club * hahaha :)

Well Monday check in :
PEOPLES I cant believe it I lost 3.5 lbs !!!!!! :smile:
Down too 169.8 lb!wahooo

I did 1 hr / 3 + miles of treadmill last Night was trying for every day, however I am told by my told Doc. that if I am doing it every day my Body will get used to it, so maybe give myself a OFF day.:biggrin:
And NOT to do it at the same Time every Day, so I am mixing things up doing a Morning, then a Afternoon, then a Night.
Also working in some Pilates & yoga which I am no good at so I dont really count anything yet/but it sure hurts after lol.

Well total weightloss off : 6.2 lb

XUfan
01-18-2010, 08:01:23 AM
Down another 2.5 pounds this week!! :smile:

Check my siggy to see my progress.

angeleyeza
01-20-2010, 10:04:01 AM
lost another 2 lbs (according to my wii board)

starting weight: 179
current weight : 173
weeks on life change : 3 wks
total lbs lost to date: 6
feb 1st goal : 169 help me break through the 170's I dont want to look at them ever again.

im sticking with low carb as it is the only diet that works for me. for some reason low carb dieting always works. and I have been working out 2-3 times a week. Im always on my feet at work so by the time I get home at midnight Im too tired to exercise. during the day I try to fit it in but house chores need done every day with dd2 (lil mess monster) beind home its a every day thing. maybe if I do mega cleaning chores LOL

if anyone can help with info meal ideas ect. i would appreciate any ideas. I dont want to get bored with the same foods every day all the time.

kimandkathess
01-20-2010, 11:34:06 AM
My goal is to be down to 179 by Feb 1st.....which shouldnt be hard.....Dont feel like eating much....such a sad sad day here at hcw. :(

MamaBird06
01-21-2010, 01:27:55 PM
lost another 2 lbs (according to my wii board)

starting weight: 179
current weight : 173
weeks on life change : 3 wks
total lbs lost to date: 6
feb 1st goal : 169 help me break through the 170's I dont want to look at them ever again.

im sticking with low carb as it is the only diet that works for me. for some reason low carb dieting always works. and I have been working out 2-3 times a week. Im always on my feet at work so by the time I get home at midnight Im too tired to exercise. during the day I try to fit it in but house chores need done every day with dd2 (lil mess monster) beind home its a every day thing. maybe if I do mega cleaning chores LOL

if anyone can help with info meal ideas ect. i would appreciate any ideas. I dont want to get bored with the same foods every day all the time.

That's great, are doing south beach? My aunts swear by the south beach diet. I am doing the eat to live diet, it's more strict than the south beach diet and it is really a lifestyle change rather than a diet. But during the weight loss phase you are only allowed 1 whole grain a day, it's pretty much a low sodium-vegan south beach diet...But I am eating eggs some days, trying to limit them and they were more like a transition food for me and haven't had any yesterday or today, just gotta eat more nuts and beans. I joined sparkpeople and it's helping see the calories for what they are and help me understand what 1 serving is, i don't want to even think about what i thought was 1 serving of oatmeal was really 2 servings ack, way to make a healthy food into an unhealthy one. That's my one grain during the diet, my bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.

Jasmin71
01-25-2010, 03:42:37 AM
Well I hate my Scale now its telling me I gained 3 lbs :( This is a WW Scale so when I read the directions (inside the scale) It stated that the Scale MUST be on the same spot and all that to be acurate :( Well that never happends here, being we have 4 people using the Scale.
SO my goal is too only weigh in on the 18 th which is right before my Husband gets home and see a total weightloss, I will go to my Docs office and I can use her scale there. :)

Starting out again at 173 lbs.. this is per her last Entry which matches today's # from my scale.

UHG not the news I wanted to hear.

I do 2- 2.5 Miles a NIGHT on my Treadmill .....

XUfan
01-25-2010, 04:52:03 AM
Jasmin...my scale says the same thing. But, I have a tiny bathroom, and there's nowhere to leave it all the time that it won't get tripped over. So, I keep it stored away until weigh-in day. Mine is a Taylor, and has a reset function. Each time you move it, you have to reset it. I've tested it on different people, and it's pretty accurate.

As for me this week...I can't blame the scale. I gave in too many times when other people were eating (did I mention that I'm a social eater????). I didn't think I did badly, but I guess it all adds up...even the little deviations from the plan!

So...I lost...but only 1/2 pound.

Time to re-focus!!!!

Jasmin71
01-26-2010, 07:10:05 AM
Went to the docs and I am 175 lb with all clothing no Coat, I will wear the same clothing when I go back on the 18 th of FEb.
I left my scale in the same spot yesterday and went on it 3 times in a row and EACH time I get a different reading, we are talking from 168 lbs - 176 lbs so thats a bit of a difference !! And thats without Clothing !

So my Plan is no weighing in till the 18 th and on my docs Scale which will be acurate then :)
Will keep up with my Treadmill 2.5 Miles about every Day and my regular eating.. as I am not *dieting* just reducing my Portions and eating less FAT. I am also working in some Strenght Training :)
I am not wanting too loose it by starving myself or buying all those fancy meals or not letting me enjoy a piece of Cake, as I love Food and I think you can have anything just in moderation :) Something I have to learn !

But hey way too go XUFan !!

heartse
01-26-2010, 07:34:38 AM
Ok, weigh in time... sorry, I forgot last week..

Today: 302.4
Change: -2.2
Total Change: -5.8

I am slowly working toward the 10 lb goal by Valentine's day. I can make it - I know it!

heartse
01-26-2010, 07:58:06 AM
Went to the docs and I am 175 lb with all clothing no Coat, I will wear the same clothing when I go back on the 18 th of FEb.
I left my scale in the same spot yesterday and went on it 3 times in a row and EACH time I get a different reading, we are talking from 168 lbs - 176 lbs so thats a bit of a difference !! And thats without Clothing !

So my Plan is no weighing in till the 18 th and on my docs Scale which will be acurate then :)
Will keep up with my Treadmill 2.5 Miles about every Day and my regular eating.. as I am not *dieting* just reducing my Portions and eating less FAT. I am also working in some Strenght Training :)
I am not wanting too loose it by starving myself or buying all those fancy meals or not letting me enjoy a piece of Cake, as I love Food and I think you can have anything just in moderation :) Something I have to learn !

But hey way too go XUFan !!

Your weight fluctuates during the day, significantly. You can be up to about 4-5 lbs difference in a single day. It's best to weight at the same time whenever you do weigh in.

hbaqueen
01-26-2010, 10:30:37 AM
Ive been on and off track so many times this month its crazy.
But Im down a total of 10 pounds. And I have a DR appt due to some health concerns the middle of next month so I hope to lose another 10 before then.

XUfan
01-26-2010, 05:52:40 PM
Just a random thought tonight as I changed into my jammies...

My new goal:

(Keep in mind, I'm a pear-shaped gal!) I want to get to a point where I don't have to stretch out my tops before I put them on, just so that they go around my hip/stomach/backside area! Not sure what weight that will be...but it will be a happy day! LOL!

kimandkathess
01-29-2010, 12:16:50 PM
Well I am happy to say I am losing weight still

Starting weight was 193
Now 181.4
Total weight loss 11lbs 12oz
Goal weight is 135 so 46.4 lbs to go

I too cant weight to be out of the 180's i will be so happy to see 179 and hopefully by feb 1st.

Congrats to everyone!

cam&lexysmommy
01-29-2010, 05:19:16 PM
I have 14 pounds to lose...the last 14! I have lost 34 pounds...I started 10 months ago. It seems that these pounds are hard coming off! I feel sooooooo much better and I am motivated!

XUfan
02-01-2010, 09:21:42 AM
Hmmm...not a good week for me. I know exactly what I did wrong, so it's not like I'm confused. I ate too many "wrong" things and not enough "right" things. Pretty simple when you look at it on paper. But...I'll rationalize it, like any good dieter would do, and tell you that I had a stressful week. And we all know that "stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards! So, you can figure it out!

Anyway...I gained back the 1/2 pound I lost last week. Not happy about it...but moving on!

selah
02-01-2010, 11:12:11 AM
Hmmm...not a good week for me. I know exactly what I did wrong, so it's not like I'm confused. I ate too many "wrong" things and not enough "right" things. Pretty simple when you look at it on paper. But...I'll rationalize it, like any good dieter would do, and tell you that I had a stressful week. And we all know that "stressed" is "desserts" spelled backwards! So, you can figure it out!

Anyway...I gained back the 1/2 pound I lost last week. Not happy about it...but moving on!

1/2 lb....that's not so bad...could have been worse...glad you are moving on..:BigHand:....don't give up and it doesn't sound like you are....this is a new week....right?....have a good one....:biggrin:

Yenna
02-02-2010, 06:12:45 PM
I started the Insanity 60 days workout, from beachbody the same people of P90X. Let me tell you I almost puked and the first day is only the Fit Test day! jaja!

YouTube - Team Beachbody Insanity Workout Program - Shaun T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK28BHJDd8)

MamaBird06
02-03-2010, 11:00:28 AM
i went and bought a new scale and just as i suspected, my old one wasn't weighing me acurately. So I'm about 3-4 lbs more than i thought. But still losing. I just added a few pounds to my starting weight so here I am.

Start weight(est) Jan 16th: 179
Current weight: Feb 1st: 172.2
Goal weight: by May 30th!: 140

Pounds lost: 6.8
Pounds needed to lose: 32.2

Now is the waiting game to find out if I'm pregnant or not, of course i want to be, so i'll see if my weighed doesn't go down in the next 1 1/2 weeks then it might mean i'm pregnant...

MamaBird06
02-07-2010, 07:26:50 AM
start weight: 179
previous weight 172.2
current weight 169.8
goal weight: 140
pounds lost: 9.2
pounds need to lose: 29.8

Hey everyone, Nichole, the OP of this thread stated over on sparkpeople that, she plans to donate 1 pound of food for every pound she loses to her local food pantry and i am following her example. This is a great idea for anyone who is a regular stockpiler. This is a great way to pay it forward, while making your body healthier and helping those in need at the same time! I plan to go and pick about 10 pounds of food for every 10 pounds I lose and put it in a box to donate when I get to my goal weight. If i happen to end up preggo, i will still donate the amount I've lost and the amount I aim to gain in pregnancy so as I still have a decent amount to donate. SInce I'm 1/4 to my goal I went through the pantry and gathered a little over 9 pounds of food this morning to donate. I hope to post pics of my donations when I am ready to donate to show you all how much weight (in food) I've lost! Hoping to have 39 pounds of food to donate by the end of May!

MamaVader
02-07-2010, 01:38:15 PM
previous weight 172.2
current weight 169.8
pounds lost: 9.2
pounds need to lose: 29.8

Hey everyone, Nichole, the OP of this thread stated over on sparkpeople that, she plans to donate 1 pound of food for every pound she loses to her local food pantry and i am following her example. This is a great idea for anyone who is a regular stockpiler. This is a great way to pay it forward, while making your body healthier and helping those in need at the same time! I plan to go and pick about 10 pounds of food for every 10 pounds I lose and put it in a box to donate when I get to my goal weight. If i happen to end up preggo, i will still donate the amount I've lost and the amount I aim to gain in pregnancy so as I still have a decent amount to donate. SInce I'm 1/4 to my goal I went through the pantry and gathered a little over 9 pounds of food this morning to donate. I hope to post pics of my donations when I am ready to donate to show you all how much weight (in food) I've lost! Hoping to have 39 pounds of food to donate by the end of May!

Great idea! Reps to you and Nicole :BigHand:

XUfan
02-08-2010, 04:46:13 AM
Monday morning...weigh in time! And I'm feeling much better this week than I did last week. This week brought a 1 pound loss!!! So, I'm only 8 pounds from my first goal!!! And 38 pounds from my total goal!

VivaciousJewelz
02-10-2010, 08:46:31 PM
Okay guys, hope it's not too late to join. Here I am. Last time I was weighed (6 weeks after having Caroline) I was 225. My goal weight is 150 and I'm doing this now b/c I'm forced (due to a recent hospital stay) to completely change my eating habits/lifestyle or suffer some really bad complications. So... here I am. I don't have a scale, so I guess I'll go buy one at some point so I know how much I weigh.

XUfan
02-11-2010, 05:52:47 AM
Okay guys, hope it's not too late to join. Here I am. Last time I was weighed (6 weeks after having Caroline) I was 225. My goal weight is 150 and I'm doing this now b/c I'm forced (due to a recent hospital stay) to completely change my eating habits/lifestyle or suffer some really bad complications. So... here I am. I don't have a scale, so I guess I'll go buy one at some point so I know how much I weigh.

Hi Julie!! You can join anytime!! That's the great thing about threads like this. People find them, and just join in at any point. Since we're all doing our own thing, at our own pace, it's even easier to just joins us whenever you need to.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope it's nothing serious, and that you get it straightened out.

kimandkathess
02-12-2010, 10:50:16 AM
Hot hot hot deal everyone!!!! Alli 60ct starter pack is on sale at walmart.com right now for $25.00 down from $49.00 thats almost 50% off!!!! Have wanted to try this to help me lose these 50lbs so if you have been wanting to try it now is the time.

MamaBird06
02-12-2010, 04:22:05 PM
Hot hot hot deal everyone!!!! Alli 60ct starter pack is on sale at walmart.com right now for $25.00 down from $49.00 thats almost 50% off!!!! Have wanted to try this to help me lose these 50lbs so if you have been wanting to try it now is the time.

there is a 5/1 ip in the db for alli too, not sure if it is the right count or not, but you might want to check it out.

I was pretty close to trying it back in the summer when cvs was spitting out the coupons at the coupon generator and there was a man q to match it, but i decided against it as we are ttc and i didn't want to take a chance if i got preggo. But, here i am some 6 months later and still not pregnant, guess i could have tried it after all. Let us know how it goes, i'm interested in hearing your results.

kimandkathess
02-12-2010, 06:00:06 PM
mamabird I will let you know. I did check the database and the coupon is for 90 count or higher. I think I will buy another one in store (got one online) if the store has it for the same price.

XUfan
02-15-2010, 12:04:03 PM
Oops!! Totally forgot to weigh-in this morning. I guess the holiday threw me off, and I didn't realize it was Monday. I'll report back in tomorrow. It's just too late in the day to get an accurate reading, since I've been weighing in at 7am every week.

Jasmin71
02-15-2010, 12:26:56 PM
still at 173, but I been working out on the wii about every day and even bought the biggest looser .....OMG talk about aching and wobbeling the next day !

XUfan
02-16-2010, 06:01:25 AM
Oh well...stayed the same this week. I'd really like to drop another 5 pounds by March 14th. I'm going to have to go back to boot camp!!!

kimandkathess
02-17-2010, 07:43:20 PM
I am going to be weighing in weekly, sunday morning to be exact. I have started he alli program and wow does it make you conious of what you eat. I am liking it so far. Today was my first day. All went well, aside from me forgetting to take my pill at lunch...i need to find something that reminds me to take it. I can't wait for my first weigh in on sunday.

MamaBird06
02-17-2010, 10:21:39 PM
official weigh in on sunday, forgot to post this: numbers still going down,but slower, my diet book is finally at walmart to pick up, i will get it tomorrow, I've been going on memory the past 4 1/2 weeks, and have had a few slip ups, but i will be hunkering down and going at it full force once i re-read the book.

previous weight 169.8
current weight 169
pounds lost: 10
pounds need to lose: 29

Spanelli8706
02-19-2010, 03:50:31 PM
Okay. I'm late to join too. I had a baby in December. During that pregnancy, I gained 42 lbs. I am currently at 150 lbs. (at home scale), although I weighed at the doctor two weeks ago at 153lbs. I would LOVE to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 130 lbs. I'd be happy at 135 lbs. though.

Start weight: 153
Current weight: 150
Goal Weight: 135

kimandkathess
02-21-2010, 08:05:27 AM
Well I am happy to say I have lost more weight. I started alli on Wednesday.
Starting Weight: 193
Previous Weight: 181.4
Current Weight: 180.4
Goal Weight 135

Does anyone else in here have a problem with people telling them that they "can't" do soemthing? I have bad people told me that I wont lose the weight or that I can't get to a certain weight because I had kids. It gets frustrating.

MamaVader
02-21-2010, 10:54:16 AM
Goal Weight 135

Does anyone else in here have a problem with people telling them that they "can't" do soemthing? I have bad people told me that I wont lose the weight or that I can't get to a certain weight because I had kids. It gets frustrating.

Arrggghh, ignore the naysayers that just try to bring you down. You absolutely CAN lose weight and
get in great shape. Just come here and we will tell you so. :wavehi:

MamaBird06
02-21-2010, 11:51:42 AM
previous weight 169
current weight 166.4
pounds lost: 12.6
pounds need to lose: 26.4

MamaBird06
02-21-2010, 11:56:05 AM
Goal Weight 135

I kind of have that problem, 2 years ago i went on the diet i am on now and lost about 21 pounds and dh told me i was getting too skinny, so i went off the diet eventhough i wanted to lose 10-15 lbs more. THen i ended up gaining it all back plus a little more. He isn't doubting i can lose the weight, but is discouraging me from getting below 145, but this time around i am not listening to him. I want to be healthy and if i end up being thin and he doesn't like it, oh well, it's my body and if I want to lose the weight i am going to lose the weight. So just remember that, it doesn't matter what people say or think to discourage you, it is your body and if you want to lose the weight, you can and will find a way as long as the motivation is there!

kimandkathess
02-21-2010, 12:41:59 PM
Thanks for the great adivice ladies.....I am not going to listen to them....I am going to prove them wrong and get to my goal weight and measurements!

XUfan
02-22-2010, 10:37:24 AM
Monday! Time to report in.

OK...I have NO idea how...but I lost another 1/2 pound. Seriously... I should have gained 5 this week!!! I only had ONE day all week where I stuck to my plan. When you add up lunch at Captain D's, Whoppers from Walgreens, snacks at the Xavier game, a few glasses of wine, and wayyyyy too much munching at work (brownies, cookies, super-duper grilled cheese!!!, etc.). This defies all logic!! But, I'll be happy with it...and yes...I do realize that it won't work every week!!! It just makes me mad when I think of how much I could have lost if I had focused!!

kimandkathess
02-22-2010, 05:19:30 PM
Hey ladies! (and gents if there are any out there) I found some great food products to help aid in your weight loss. I have gone through my cupboards (as recomended by alli) to check out my foods and see where I can substitute stuff. I found some foods and stuff that are great while dieting.

I can't believe its not butter SPRAY
*After looking at all the butters/spreads at the store this was the only prodcut with NO CALORIES AND NO FAT! * I emailed the company complimenting them on this product. They wrote back saying they are going to send my something as a token of aprreciation. I tastes great!

Fat Free Breakstone Sourcream
*There is only 30 cals and no fat per serving. Great to add to anything. I am also adding the Hidden Valley ranch Dry packets (only 5 calories per packet) to the sourcream. Great for dipping those veggies in.

Egg beaters
*These are also only 30 cals per serving and have NO FAT. These are great tasting and taste just like regular eggs without the fat. I use these by themselves and along with my next 2 recomendations. Stick some peppers in with them and get some of your veggie servings!

Thomas Mini Bagels
* I buy the mini bagels for 2 reasons. So I have room for the other needed food categories and because they are lower in calories. These bagels are only 120 calores (i think) its somewhere areound there. and there is no fat. I spray the Butter spray or use a tiny amount of lowfat peanutter along with the spray. (peanutbutter in any form i still high in fat) so i use less than the recomended amount of peanut butter. You can also use the egg beaters and make a bagel and egg sandwhich.

English Muffin (i use store brand)
* These have only 120 calores and they are fat free. I also use the Butter spray on these, small amounts of peanutt butter, and also use the egg beaters and make a muffin and egg sandwhich. I don't reccomend cheese as it is very high in fat and calores.

Cottage cheese
*1% cottage cheese has only 41 calories and .6 (not even 1 gram) of fat per servings.(1/4c) I put salt and pepper in for flavor, some people do fruit..not me...and a friend of mine on here (wealthybarney) puts parmesan cheese and onion powder in.

Yoplait Light Yogurt
*I love this stuff! My favoire Light kind is the Yoplait thick and creamy. Each cup of yogurt has only 100 calories and no fat. There are so many great flavors. Strawbery, blueberry pie, cinnamon roll, raspberry, key lime pie! And they taste soo good.

Yoplait Frozen smoothie bags
*These have the fruit (real fruit) frozen in bags. all you have to do is put it in the blendder with milk or juice and have a yummy treat. This is a good way to get your fruit.

Nutrigrain Bars
*These are a great snack. They are only 130 calories and only hae 3 grams of fat.

I hope I have helped you guys out. I have just changed all these in the past week (on tues) and Have already seen changes. I hope you guys can reep the benefits too:smile:

kimandkathess
02-22-2010, 08:12:18 PM
One other thing I have done is switched from sugar to no fat no calorie sweetener.

kimandkathess
02-25-2010, 06:35:23 AM
I usually weigh in on sunday, but had to share today! I was to excited...I finally broke 180 and made it down to 179.6--Next goal is 169!

Previous Weight: 180.4
Current Weight: 179.6
Pounds Lost: 13.4
Pounds to lose: 44.6

hbaqueen
02-25-2010, 10:24:04 AM
Yesterday I was down to 281 from 298 as of Jan 1st so loss of 17 pounds
but of course last night I went to Outback for dinner and while I stayed within my calories for the day I am salt logged so back up to 284 for this morning.
Would not have been to bad had I not decided to eat the leftovers for breakfast! But, back at it lots of water and clean eating the next few days!

kimandkathess
02-27-2010, 07:39:13 AM
Weighing in again:

Previous Weight: 179.6
Current Weight: 178.6
Pounds Lost: 14.4
Pounds to lose: 43.6

MamaBird06
02-27-2010, 11:19:42 AM
i know i won't have any big loss numbers tomorrow, i've been tracking my weight daily and it seems to be stuck. But oh well, we all have plateaus...

kimandkathess
02-27-2010, 02:47:38 PM
When reading my alli book it had a section called "Getting Beyond a Plateau". It says your body at its new,reduced weight needs fewer calories to function than at your old weight. Currtenly I am at 1800 calories max with 60 fat grams max. As I lose weight those numbers will go down.
Here is the chart in my alli book for you to use (this is for women) one chart shows the calorie intake and the other the fat intake.

current weight Low Activity Moderate activity.
Below 105--- 1200 calories--- 1200 calories
105-119--- 1200 calories--- 1200 calories
120-134 ---1200 calories ---1400 calories
135-144 ---1200 calories ---1600 calories
145-149--- 1200 calories ---1800 calories
150-164 ---1400 calories--- 1800 calories
165-184 ---1600 calories ---1800 calories
185 and over-- 1800 calories--- 1800 calories

FOR FAT GRAMS
------------------1200-- 1400 --1600-- 1800
Fat grams per meal 12-- 15 ----17 ----19
daily limit of fat grams 39--48 --54 -----60

LOW ACTIVITY- Means you do little or no walking stair climbing, gardening or other physical activity on a daily basis.
MODERATE ACTIVITY- Means you burn 150 calories a day in physical activity
Ex. are walking aprox. 2 miles, gardening for 30-45 minus, running 1 1/2 miles in 15 mintues.

All you need to do is readjust your calorie and fat intake as well as maybe find a new excersice. Once your body gets used to a particular excircise you wont lose weight with it because your body can withstand the workout. Perhaps if you use the treadmill you could switch to swimming or an eliptical or stair climning. I hope I have helped you out.

~~Katrina~~

MamaBird06
03-01-2010, 09:05:33 AM
exactly 33.33% of my goal is complete!

Starting Weight: 179
Previous Weight: 166.4
Current Weight: 166
Goal Weight: 140
Pounds Lost: 13
Pounds to lose: 26

starting the more aggressive version of my diet today. 6 weeks so far and down 13 pounds. Hoping to lose another 12 pounds in the next 6 weeks!

When reading my alli book it had a section called "Getting Beyond a Plateau". It says your body at its new,reduced weight needs fewer calories to function than at your old weight. Currtenly I am at 1800 calories max with 60 fat grams max. As I lose weight those numbers will go down.
Here is the chart in my alli book for you to use (this is for women) one chart shows the calorie intake and the other the fat intake.

current weight Low Activity Moderate activity.
Below 105--- 1200 calories--- 1200 calories
105-119--- 1200 calories--- 1200 calories
120-134 ---1200 calories ---1400 calories
135-144 ---1200 calories ---1600 calories
145-149--- 1200 calories ---1800 calories
150-164 ---1400 calories--- 1800 calories
165-184 ---1600 calories ---1800 calories
185 and over-- 1800 calories--- 1800 calories

FOR FAT GRAMS
------------------1200-- 1400 --1600-- 1800
Fat grams per meal 12-- 15 ----17 ----19
daily limit of fat grams 39--48 --54 -----60

LOW ACTIVITY- Means you do little or no walking stair climbing, gardening or other physical activity on a daily basis.
MODERATE ACTIVITY- Means you burn 150 calories a day in physical activity
Ex. are walking aprox. 2 miles, gardening for 30-45 minus, running 1 1/2 miles in 15 mintues.

All you need to do is readjust your calorie and fat intake as well as maybe find a new excersice. Once your body gets used to a particular excircise you wont lose weight with it because your body can withstand the workout. Perhaps if you use the treadmill you could switch to swimming or an eliptical or stair climning. I hope I have helped you out.

~~Katrina~~

thanks for info, i think my main problem was that i missed a day at the gym and that probably is the main reason my numbers didn't move much this past week.

kimandkathess
03-02-2010, 08:10:09 PM
Previous Weight: 178.6
Current Weight: 177.4
Pounds Lost: 15.6
Pounds to lose: 42.4

I attribute some of this weeks weight loss to strep. I am unable to eat right now:(

MamaVader
03-03-2010, 08:59:22 AM
Previous Weight: 178.6
Current Weight: 177.4
Pounds Lost: 15.6
Pounds to lose: 42.4

I attribute some of this weeks weight loss to strep. I am unable to eat right now:(

Ouch, hope you feel all better soon.

XUfan
03-03-2010, 10:36:53 AM
totally forgot to post this week. I stayed the same. I would love to tell you that I'm focusing better this week...but it's not happening! Tomorrow is my birthday, and we're celebrating today. So...I'm not looking for a loss next Monday. But I'm enjoying myself!

kimandkathess
03-04-2010, 08:53:54 PM
So how is everyone doing? We had a lot of people sign up and only a few not that post :(.. I hope everyone is on their way to ther desired weight.

MamaBird06
03-05-2010, 08:50:34 AM
So how is everyone doing? We had a lot of people sign up and only a few not that post :(.. I hope everyone is on their way to ther desired weight.

yeah it does look like there are only a few of us still working toward our goals, i know i have started and stopped trying to lose weight many times, just like dh trying to quit smoking. Maybe people forgot about this thread, and got busy.

I've been doing pretty well this week. Hoping to see some good numbers on monday weigh in...

kimandkathess
03-05-2010, 08:32:58 PM
Well Mamabird and all those who post can't wait to see your next update! Keep up the good work!
I thought that I was going to have trouble getting the weight off butt once it started coming off I have been pumped. Makes me want to work harder!

Spanelli8706
03-05-2010, 08:48:11 PM
I'm still here... lol. I try to only weigh myself once every two weeks... long story. But I am working at my goal. I plan to weigh in next week. Good job to everyone else!!!

kimandkathess
03-06-2010, 08:23:05 AM
Previous Weight: 177.4
Current Weight: 176.8
Pounds Lost: 16.2
Pounds to lose: 41.8

I have lost almost 1/3 (3.1lbs more to go) of my desired weight :) I am so happy.

MamaBird06
03-08-2010, 07:53:42 AM
down 2 more pounds!

Previous Weight: 166
Current Weight: 164
Pounds Lost: 15
Pounds to lose: 24

kimandkathess
03-08-2010, 09:04:04 AM
down 2 more pounds!

Previous Weight: 166
Current Weight: 164
Pounds Lost: 15
Pounds to lose: 24

Way to go!!

kimandkathess
03-10-2010, 05:42:28 AM
Previous Weight: 176.8
Current Weight: 175.4
Pounds Lost: 17.6
Pounds to lose: 40.4

I have also set a short term goal. To be 150 by May 22nd. We are going to and indoor water park. That leaves me with 25.4 lbs to go in 74 days.

Keep up the good work everyone.

MamaBird06
03-10-2010, 07:23:00 AM
Previous Weight: 176.8
Current Weight: 175.4
Pounds Lost: 17.6
Pounds to lose: 40.4

I have also set a short term goal. To be 150 by May 22nd. We are going to and indoor water park. That leaves me with 25.4 lbs to go in 74 days.

Keep up the good work everyone.

awesome job! I'm sure you can reach your goal! I hope to be at 140 by May 31st, which means losing 2lbs a week now until then, we are going to Branson June 1st, so I would really like to be down to my goal weight by then, so I can buy some new clothes for my smaller figure! But even if i get to 145, by then, I'll be happy!

MamaBird06
03-15-2010, 06:00:52 AM
Previous Weight: 164
Current Weight: 162.4
Pounds Lost: 16.6
Pounds to lose: 22.4

kimandkathess
03-19-2010, 06:15:12 AM
Previous Weight: 175.4
Current Weight: 174.8
Pounds Lost: 18.2
Pounds to lose: 39.8

These past 9 days have been tough. I wasnt budging, so i added some new excercises to my workout. I managed to lose .6lbs.

I am well on my way to many of my small goals.:BigHand:
To get to 1/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 1.1lbs
To get to 169 i need to lose 4.9lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose 24.8lbs

Spanelli8706
03-19-2010, 01:39:57 PM
Previous Weight: 175.4
Current Weight: 174.8
Pounds Lost: 18.2
Pounds to lose: 39.8

These past 9 days have been tough. I wasnt budging, so i added some new excercises to my workout. I managed to lose .6lbs.

I am well on my way to many of my small goals.:BigHand:
To get to 1/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 1.1lbs
To get to 169 i need to lose 4.9lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose 24.8lbs

Great Job. You've almost lost 20 lbs! That's awesome!!!

As for me:
Previous weight: 150
Current weight: 148
Goal weight: 135

kimandkathess
03-20-2010, 06:01:44 AM
Well Spanelli you're well on your way! Is it tough? I have always heard that those last extra pounds are the hardest.

Well I have made it to 1 of my goals. This morning I weighed my self again and have last another 1.2lbs!

Previous Weight: 174.8
Current Weight: 173.6
Pounds Lost: 19.4
Pounds to lose: 38.6

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 1/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 0 DONE!:dance43:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 19.2lbs
To get to 169 i need to lose 3.7lbs
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 2.2bmi/13.7lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose 23.6

MamaBird06
03-20-2010, 09:01:05 AM
Well Spanelli you're well on your way! Is it tough? I have always heard that those last extra pounds are the hardest.

Well I have made it to 1 of my goals. This morning I weighed my self again and have last another 1.2lbs!

Previous Weight: 174.8
Current Weight: 173.6
Pounds Lost: 19.4
Pounds to lose: 38.6

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 19.2lbs
To get to 169 i need to lose 3.7lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose 23.6

great job! My small goals are the 10's, 169, 159, 149, I am hoping for 159 or less on monday!

kimandkathess
03-20-2010, 09:11:19 AM
great job! My small goals are the 10's, 169, 159, 149, I am hoping for 159 or less on monday!

We have similar goals! I always feel great when i make it to the next set of numbers! I am hoping to be at 169 within a week and a half. I never want to see the 170's again!

kimandkathess
03-20-2010, 11:12:53 AM
Just thought I would give everyone a link to a bmi calculator
Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator (http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/)

I am currently at 27.1 and need to be at 24.9 to be considered at a healthy weight. To get to that bmi i need to weight 159. I think that will be one of my goals as well. to get in the bracket for a healthy bmi.

MamaBird06
03-22-2010, 07:24:30 AM
Woohoo, past my halfway mark and under 160! I am surprised this even happened, i was sick a few days, i still ate the same, actually had a cheat meal, but missed 1 day at the gym and even had a couple glasses of wine on friday, oh well i'm taking it!

Previous Weight: 162.4
Current Weight: 158.6
Pounds Lost: 20.4
Pounds to lose: 18.6

MamaBird06
03-22-2010, 07:28:03 AM
Just thought I would give everyone a link to a bmi calculator
Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator (http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/)

I am currently at 27.1 and need to be at 24.9 to be considered at a healthy weight. To get to that bmi i need to weight 159. I think that will be one of my goals as well. to get in the bracket for a healthy bmi.

yeah i'm finally in the normal range, about 24.25!

sbp
03-22-2010, 07:55:02 AM
I am so in this!!!!

For the past few weeks I've been trying to get a workout DVD in or take a walk on the nice days, but this weekend was the clincher for me that I really need to get serious if I want to ever see my size 10 jeans (dare I go for a pair of 8's?). I was getting ready to go to my uncle's memorial service and it was REALLY hard to find some dressup clothes that fit me without risk of the material straining, but after about 10 things, I finally found something. But the real clincher was when a cousin that I haven't seen in probably 20 years saw me standing with my 2 sons (ages 5 and 7) and asked me 'are you hoping for a girl this time?' OMG, I almost burst out in tears. I hear all the time about people mistakenly asking people similar questions about being pregnant, but I never once in my life imagined anyone would ask me something like that.

I already had an account at SparkPeople, I originally signed up last year to get reward points from signing up, but it's time to actually start using it. I've already joined the HCW/OGD spark team.

My biggest hurdle is going to be that I've never in my life actually been on a diet. All through high school I was one of those girls that everyone hates - could eat anything and as much as anything and never gained an ounce. I was 105 at my high school graduation in 1988. I weighed about 115 lbs at my wedding in 1995, but since my boys were born in 2002 and 2004, the weight has been increasing steadily. Right now I'm at the weight that I was in July 2004 when I was 9 months pregnant with ds#2.

Current weight is 165 and my goal weight is 130. BMI is 29.2

So I definitely have some work to do, but I'm so hoping that doing it alongside you all is going to give me some motivation and success!!!

VivaciousJewelz
03-22-2010, 08:26:32 AM
Lesley- OMG, I would have SLAPPED her!! And really, 165 is not that much weight, I'm over 200 and I look like a darn cow.

KRP1981
03-22-2010, 09:56:12 AM
Alright, I'm late joining in but I wanna do this. I made a "plea for help" a couple weeks back asking for advice because I'm breastfeeding and having trouble losing weight. I've been following some of the advice and have actually started using Weight Watchers again (accounting for breastfeeding) and I've lost two pounds. I've been scared to weigh myself because I just didn't want to see the same old number again. But I read through every page of this thread and got so motivated and inspired so I did it.

My stats:

Starting weight: 182.4
Current weight: 180.4
Short-term goal: 175
Long-term goal: 150

Can't wait to just be out of the 180's.

It's frustrating because with the b'feeding, weight can fluctuate quite a bit whether I've pumped, or just fed the baby, etc. I'm just going to weigh myself once a week. Weighing myself every day just drives me crazy because it'll bounce around and stress me out.

MamaBird06
03-22-2010, 03:35:03 PM
Glad to see some newcomers! I think posting my stats really keeps me going, I got to get my numbers down each week so I'm glad i can use this to keep myself accountable, but what really motivated me was getting on sparkpeople and reading success stories and looking at the pics. There was one lady on there that wen't from 187 to 135 ish in about 5 months and she had the before and after pics on there, so I did the unthinkable and had dh take pics of me in a 2 piece and that was really eye opening. I won't be sharing my swimsuit before pics on the web, gah, lol, but all i needed was to take a pic and stare at it for a few minutes. I told dh i honestly hadn't really looked at myself in the mirror lately, but a picture speaks a thousands words!

kimandkathess
03-23-2010, 07:01:15 PM
yeah i'm finally in the normal range, about 24.25!

Congrats mamabird! I can't wait untill I am in the healthy range...im so sick of being "overweight" Keep up the good work!

kimandkathess
03-23-2010, 07:09:45 PM
Welcome SBP!! Glad to have more newcomers intersted in making a healthy lifestyle change.
I know how you feel on that comment that was made. I actually had it done to me TWICE!
My first pregnancy. I was 135 when i got pregnant with ds1 and I gained almost 50lbs! Well maybe 2 weeks after having him someone says....So are you due soon? I said umm....I already had my son! I managed to get down to 163 after the pregnancy.
Well 4 years later I had my twins I gained about 50 lbs with them as well. They were 8lbs 7oz and 8lbs 10oz, almost 17lbs combined. I got dowln to about 175 or 180 after having them. About 8 months after having them someone asked me if I was having another one! Wow, way to blow self esteem....I bareked back at him and said "You try having twins and see what your body looks like!!!"
Comments can hurt...i hav actually had people tell me I wont ever see 135 again just because I have had kids...ARG!
So i will be cheering you on your journey girl!

I am so in this!!!!

For the past few weeks I've been trying to get a workout DVD in or take a walk on the nice days, but this weekend was the clincher for me that I really need to get serious if I want to ever see my size 10 jeans (dare I go for a pair of 8's?). I was getting ready to go to my uncle's memorial service and it was REALLY hard to find some dressup clothes that fit me without risk of the material straining, but after about 10 things, I finally found something. But the real clincher was when a cousin that I haven't seen in probably 20 years saw me standing with my 2 sons (ages 5 and 7) and asked me 'are you hoping for a girl this time?' OMG, I almost burst out in tears. I hear all the time about people mistakenly asking people similar questions about being pregnant, but I never once in my life imagined anyone would ask me something like that.

I already had an account at SparkPeople, I originally signed up last year to get reward points from signing up, but it's time to actually start using it. I've already joined the HCW/OGD spark team.

My biggest hurdle is going to be that I've never in my life actually been on a diet. All through high school I was one of those girls that everyone hates - could eat anything and as much as anything and never gained an ounce. I was 105 at my high school graduation in 1988. I weighed about 115 lbs at my wedding in 1995, but since my boys were born in 2002 and 2004, the weight has been increasing steadily. Right now I'm at the weight that I was in July 2004 when I was 9 months pregnant with ds#2.

Current weight is 165 and my goal weight is 130. BMI is 29.2

So I definitely have some work to do, but I'm so hoping that doing it alongside you all is going to give me some motivation and success!!!

kimandkathess
03-23-2010, 07:21:14 PM
Glad to have you here and am glad to hear we all motivated you. I know things can be tough when breastfeeding. I breastfed my son and then my twins...It seemed like no matter what I did though, i couldnt produce enough so I never made it farther than 6 months with all my kids.
Kuddos on the 2 lb weight loss and I look forward to seeing your weigh in next monday.

Alright, I'm late joining in but I wanna do this. I made a "plea for help" a couple weeks back asking for advice because I'm breastfeeding and having trouble losing weight. I've been following some of the advice and have actually started using Weight Watchers again (accounting for breastfeeding) and I've lost two pounds. I've been scared to weigh myself because I just didn't want to see the same old number again. But I read through every page of this thread and got so motivated and inspired so I did it.

My stats:

Starting weight: 182.4
Current weight: 180.4
Short-term goal: 175
Long-term goal: 150

Can't weight to just be out of the 180's.

It's frustrating because with the b'feeding, weight can fluctuate quite a bit whether I've pumped, or just fed the baby, etc. I'm just going to weigh myself once a week. Weighing myself every day just drives me crazy because it'll bounce around and stress me out.

angeleyeza
03-24-2010, 05:35:13 AM
I fell off the wagon and wanna get back on.Its depressing when I go to look for somethign to wear and the same old clothes are the only ones that fit. I bought a shirt that I want to fit into and I lay out my old size 10 pants on my dresser as a tool for motivation. I think today If it warms up at all me and DD3 will go for a walk. if not I think I will be poping in a workout dvd. I need to get into the swing of things like I used to be. I dont know where I fell off. I think after I only lost 4 lbs in a month I expeacted too much of myself all at once. The hardest thing is when I work 12 hr shifts and working at a potato chip plant does help things.

Starting Weight: 174
Goal Weight: 140-135
Pounds to lose: a million

please forgive me for falling off the wagon.

VivaciousJewelz
03-24-2010, 06:15:58 AM
I would LOVE to be 174 right now...

I bought a scale at Target yesterday so I could finally see how much I weigh. I went home, took it out of the box, stepped on it, and BROKE IT. It got halfway to taking my weight and just stopped. I tried stepping on it multiple times, and it gets stuck on random numbers.

So, not only do I not know how fat I am, but I broke the scale I bought to find out... That can't be good.

:sad7:

angeleyeza
03-24-2010, 07:17:38 AM
aww regbyandjulie *hugs* im sorry this happened to you. I hate scales for the fact that in my mind I know they are saying to me "one please".174 may not be "completely fat" but its a unhealthy weight. Others at work try to encourge me and tell me " your nto fat" but they dont see what I see and look at eery time I take my clothes off. 5'3" with jello jigglers hanging off me. When me and DH sneak between the sheets I dont like lights on or any light in the room I dont want him to see all the jigglers I got.

Its not your fault the scale broke. its the manufacturers fault for making a bad scale. and personally its the inside that counts. you have so much heart and goodness inside that it shows and shines on the outside. :smile: hope your day is a better one!

I would LOVE to be 174 right now...

I bought a scale at Target yesterday so I could finally see how much I weigh. I went home, took it out of the box, stepped on it, and BROKE IT. It got halfway to taking my weight and just stopped. I tried stepping on it multiple times, and it gets stuck on random numbers.

So, not only do I not know how fat I am, but I broke the scale I bought to find out... That can't be good.

:sad7:

VivaciousJewelz
03-24-2010, 07:36:54 AM
Aww thank you! I know how you feel- when I was 174 (many, many years ago) I felt awful as well. LOL jello jigglers hehehe. Melli said the same thing about it being the manufacturer's fault, but it still feels awful to step on a scale and have it break... LOL.

There's a doctor's office upstairs (I'm at work). I wonder if they'd let me pop on there and jump on their scale, LOL.

Spanelli8706
03-24-2010, 08:29:51 AM

With my first daughter, I lost the weight pretty easy. By the time she was 8 months old, I lost everything I had gained plus an extra two lbs. Then a month later we found out we were preggo again. I don't get much alone time to do things like routine exercise. I have always lost weight by altering the AMOUNT I eat instead of WHAT I eat. So, we had our second kiddo in December and I am now noticing a decrease in my appetite. Hopefully my same strategy will work with this time too. Cause exercising with two babies under 2yrs isn't going to happen. lol.

angeleyeza
03-24-2010, 08:36:37 AM
its rough. DD3 is a pain in the butt sometimes. and taking them out i public sometimes on there bad days isnt the greatest thing in the world.. plus then you have the winter. cant take them out in the cold unless you bundle them in thousands of clothing items( not much fun) and exercising at home is a task all on its own. try doing an exercise tape for a half hr while your child is miss/mr mischeivous(sp) always trying to get into things. your lifting weights while yelling "GET OFF THE COFFEE TABLE LIKE THAT" some days I just give up, because there isnt time between hot sales, store trips, just plain ole dont feel like it blah days.

MamaBird06
03-24-2010, 09:22:43 AM
its rough. DD3 is a pain in the butt sometimes. and taking them out i public sometimes on there bad days isnt the greatest thing in the world.. plus then you have the winter. cant take them out in the cold unless you bundle them in thousands of clothing items( not much fun) and exercising at home is a task all on its own. try doing an exercise tape for a half hr while your child is miss/mr mischeivous(sp) always trying to get into things. your lifting weights while yelling "GET OFF THE COFFEE TABLE LIKE THAT" some days I just give up, because there isnt time between hot sales, store trips, just plain ole dont feel like it blah days.

oh i know, my ds will come and turn off the tv if i try doing an excersize dvd. I am lucky that my dh gets a discount through work for 24 hour fitness, we pay 41.00/monthly for both our memberships and daycare for ds. Sometimes ds fights me to go, and it drives me nuts, but pretty much he enjoys going so it's not a struggle most the time.

KRP1981
03-24-2010, 11:56:38 AM
oh i know, my ds will come and turn off the tv if i try doing an excersize dvd. I am lucky that my dh gets a discount through work for 24 hour fitness, we pay 41.00/monthly for both our memberships and daycare for ds. Sometimes ds fights me to go, and it drives me nuts, but pretty much he enjoys going so it's not a struggle most the time.

Hey, I think that's wonderful! You're setting a good example to your son, even if right now he just goes to daycare. I think it is important for children to see their parents exercise. In the warm months, we usually make it a habit to go out and walk after we eat supper. The kids look forward to it, and it helps them sleep better at night, too.
I want to get to the point where exercise is just as much as my daily routine as showering and brushing my teeth is. Even if it's just a quick walk around our block. As long as it's something!

KRP1981
03-24-2010, 04:49:25 PM
Walked/jogged 2.2 miles today outside...felt great!

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 06:00:10 AM
Previous Weight: 173.6
Current Weight: 172.2
Pounds Lost: 20.8
Pounds to lose: 37.2
BMI: 27

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 17.8 Lbs
To get to 169 i need to lose 2.3 Lbs
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 2.1bmi/13.2lbs
~Can I get there by April 30th? We will see..!
To get to 150 i need to lose 22.2

Oh I am so close to a healthy weight I can taste it! I can't wait to be there!:biggrin:

VivaciousJewelz
03-26-2010, 06:18:00 AM
Still have no idea how much I weigh b/c my scale is still broken and I'm too scared to buy another one that I might just break again... LOL.

There is a doctor's office in my building, and I've actually been a patient, so I wonder if they'd let me pop up there on my lunch break and get weighed. I thought about going in there and saying "Hi, I'm a patient, can I use your scale for a quick second? I bought one at Target, but it broke as soon as I stepped on it and I'm entering this weight loss challenge..." LOL

KRP1981
03-26-2010, 06:28:00 AM
Weighed in today...Lost 2 pounds! Go me!:hd2:

Previous weight: 180.4
Current weight: 178.4
Pounds to lose: 28.4

For some reason, the only thing that really works for me is counting points with Weight Watchers. There's just something about that magic formula that works for me. I think it might just be having that flexibility with the flex points built into the system.

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 07:02:14 AM
Julie- Don't be afraid to buy another one. I think you just got a crappy scale that had a manufacturing problem. And ya know, I couldnt hurt to stop in and ask to use their scale. Im sure they wont mind.

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 07:03:58 AM
I am glad you found something that works for you. I personally do the Alli and thats working great for me.

Weighed in today...Lost 2 pounds! Go me!:hd2:

Previous weight: 180.4
Current weight: 178.4
Pounds to lose: 28.4

For some reason, the only thing that really works for me is counting points with Weight Watchers. There's just something about that magic formula that works for me. I think it might just be having that flexibility with the flex points built into the system.

KRP1981
03-26-2010, 09:28:23 AM
I personally do the Alli and thats working great for me.

I've used Alli in the past and it really worked. I plan on using it again once my baby is weaned, because I know it's going to be hard losing those last few pounds. I haven't weighed 150 since I was about 19 years old so I'm expecting a struggle when I get close to it. After I had my first child, I've never been able to get below 165.

Just curious...did you ever experience any of those possible, embarrassing side effects? I really didn't. I've read horror stories of people who have when they started taking it but I think if you really watch what you eat then it's fine.

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 12:51:25 PM
No, I have not had any embarrassing side effects. I too read the horror stories and was hesistent to try, but did anyway. I too think it was from people not really paying attetion to the amount of fat they ate. I Don't ever go over the fat I am able to have.
I was able to score soem at walmart when it was on rollback for $25 bucks online and then in the store they had it on rollback for $28 and I had a 10 coupon, PLUS it was a bonus pack instead of having 60 pills there were 90 pills, So i was able to get 150 pills for $45. I can use them sparinly as well because I don't have breakfast with any fat in it.

I've used Alli in the past and it really worked. I plan on using it again once my baby is weaned, because I know it's going to be hard losing those last few pounds. I haven't weighed 150 since I was about 19 years old so I'm expecting a struggle when I get close to it. After I had my first child, I've never been able to get below 165.

Just curious...did you ever experience any of those possible, embarrassing side effects? I really didn't. I've read horror stories of people who have when they started taking it but I think if you really watch what you eat then it's fine.

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 02:49:41 PM
I found a deal on Avon.com for a scale the measures
Avon Shop - Products (http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?src_page=product_list.aspx&level1_id=300&level2_id=615&pdept_id=622&dept_id=&pf_id=34447)

These are an outlet item. So once they are gone, their gone! I just put my order in for one through my avon lady (my mom). I am really interested to see what my bodyfat is.

-weight
-Percentage of body fat
-Hydration level
-Bone mass

I am putting a table below to show the ranges of % of body fat
Body Type*** Female*** Male
Athlete*** <17% ***<10%
Lean ***17-22%*** 10-15%
Normal ***22-25% ***15-18%
Above Average** 25-29% ***18-20%
Overfat** 29-35% ***20-25%
Obese*** 35+% ***25+%

~~Katrina~~

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 03:04:53 PM
I have done so many online body tests/calculator and have gotten a wide range of percentages. I am hoping for this curves scale to give me a good accurate reading.

sbp
03-26-2010, 03:35:03 PM
Last week when Ocean State Job Lots had fitness DVD's on sale for $2.00 I bought quite a few!!!

I love The Biggest Loser's Cardio Max one - there's 3 different levels, and just starting out I can almost do everything in the level 1. I LOVE that the video has real contestants from the show and not just a bunch of skinny chicks in the background doing the exercises!!!

I also got Fit to the Hits with Tamilee Rock Hard Assets, and that one I can almost do everything, but I don't seem to have much dancing grace to do the steps exactly like they're supposed to be done... But I'm improving!!!

Today I picked up some of the resistance bands from Walmart to add to my workout regime. I really wanted some 1 lb dumbbells but the lightest they had were 5 lbs and there's no way!!

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 04:35:38 PM
I was just wondering why you didn't want the 5lb dumbells. Those were the ones I decided to get from walmart.

Sounds like you got some great deals on workout videos! I don't like seeing a bunch of skinny chicks either! It would be nice to see people more like us!

Katrina

Last week when Ocean State Job Lots had fitness DVD's on sale for $2.00 I bought quite a few!!!

I love The Biggest Loser's Cardio Max one - there's 3 different levels, and just starting out I can almost do everything in the level 1. I LOVE that the video has real contestants from the show and not just a bunch of skinny chicks in the background doing the exercises!!!

I also got Fit to the Hits with Tamilee Rock Hard Assets, and that one I can almost do everything, but I don't seem to have much dancing grace to do the steps exactly like they're supposed to be done... But I'm improving!!!

Today I picked up some of the resistance bands from Walmart to add to my workout regime. I really wanted some 1 lb dumbbells but the lightest they had were 5 lbs and there's no way!!

sbp
03-26-2010, 05:10:52 PM
I thought I'd start out with the light ones and then work my way up.

I was just wondering why you didn't want the 5lb dumbells. Those were the ones I decided to get from walmart.

Katrina

kimandkathess
03-26-2010, 05:39:26 PM
Ah I c! I guess Im just used to the heavier weight....carring my twins around at the same time might have something to do with that though....LOL. At least they are 3 1/2 now and only on occasion do I carry them both around!

KRP1981
03-27-2010, 04:56:27 PM
Walked/jogged 1.3 miles today outside...was planning on doing more but my feet and shins were killin' me! :sad: But I did something and that counts.

Spanelli8706
03-27-2010, 08:22:27 PM
Woohoo, past my halfway mark and under 160! I am surprised this even happened, i was sick a few days, i still ate the same, actually had a cheat meal, but missed 1 day at the gym and even had a couple glasses of wine on friday, oh well i'm taking it!

Previous Weight: 162.4
Current Weight: 158.6
Pounds Lost: 20.4
Pounds to lose: 18.6

Wow! I missed your post. Another person to lose 20 lbs. That is awesome!!!

I've really started to notice a difference in my appetite and cravings. And I am now able to wear my stash of size 6's. Pre-preggo I wore a 3 or 4. While preggo, I wore an 8. So, I guess I am "halfway there". lol. I am 22 now and have realized how much my body has changed from having two kids (my wide hips got so much wider :rolleyes24:). When I was 19, I was a size 2 and 123 lbs. I know I'll never see that again... lol.. and I'm okay with that. So my realistic goal is 135lbs. You guys really encourage me and I hope you all continue to push forward cause it helps me too!!

Previous weight: 148
Current weight: 147.4

angeleyeza
03-27-2010, 08:40:43 PM
just lift your kids up in the air as weights. when you do squats hold your baby in front of you squat down then push up and make it fun time with baby. no with toddlers thats another story..LOL 1- 30 lb tator tot can be one heavy weight to lift up and down.

next wks challenge for me:
NO tater chips at work if I can do this I will be breaking a bad habit.

( I work at a potato chip plant. it is not the easiest job to carry BUT it is fun. I work for Wise brand potato chips. Im sure alot of states have seen them around. well every now and then I pop a small bag open and chow down. but this past wk I slowed down on them and this coming week I dont want them at all.(mind set)

My goal is to be in the 160's for my birthday. (may 8th!!!) I hope I can get there! I miss the 160's sigh...

VivaciousJewelz
03-28-2010, 02:36:10 PM
Okay... I finally got a scale that didn't break as soon as I stepped on it, LOL. There is good news and bad news. The bad news is that I've gained 12 lbs since my six-week check-up after having Caroline. The good news is that it's ONLY 12 lbs, and I still weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight.

Starting Weight: 235.6
Goal Weight: 130 (eventually, lol)
Pounds to lose: 105.6

kimandkathess
03-28-2010, 07:18:36 PM
Well Julie I will be here every step of the way. Cheering you on!
I have an amazing story to tell you all!!! The family were on the way to walmart today. I told dh i wanted a stationary bike. Well on our way there dh decided to call a buddy who had just had a yard sale asking him if he had one. He didnt, but one of his buds there thought he did. Well dh went to check it out. The guy had an eliptical! I was wanting one but really couldnt get one because they were a bit expensive.
Well dh asked how much he wanted for it. The guy said $40. So we paid him and brought it home. I decided to look it up online and see how good of a deal we go. Well we got a great deal!
Retail was $699! I saved $659! I am so excited. I used it for the first time tonight and wow! I love it because it tells you how many calories you burn, fat calories, how far you go, how long you have done it for and has a few other things.

I told dh he needed to build me a workout room.
Well I will be reporting in tomorow what my wieght is.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!

kimandkathess
03-29-2010, 04:43:06 PM
Oh i am a little frustrated today. When I finally broke out of the 180's and got to 179.4 that was on Feb. 22nd. Its been more than a month and I am still not at 169. I am hoping to be there by Mar. 31st. I want to be 159 by Apr. 30.

KRP1981
03-29-2010, 05:49:36 PM
Oh i am a little frustrated today. When I finally broke out of the 180's and got to 179.4 that was on Feb. 22nd. Its been more than a month and I am still not at 169. I am hoping to be there by Mar. 31st. I want to be 159 by Apr. 30.

But you lost! And that is still great! :BigHand: Maybe you gained more muscle mass! Someone has suggested keeping track of body measurements; you could find your waist is smaller even though your weight loss was less than you wanted. You've lost over 20 pounds so far!

Spanelli8706
03-29-2010, 07:37:03 PM
^ I agree. You are doing amazing and have lost over 20 lbs. That is AWESOME. Unfortunately, it's like paying down debt... a gradual process. Keep your head up KIMANDKATHESS! Keep your focus and you'll be there in no time!

kimandkathess
03-30-2010, 05:50:32 AM
Thanks gals! I know it will come. I guess I just want to see the numbe 169! Im just sooooo close...It's like right there. I know I have lost inches compared to when i have started. So that does make me happy.

VivaciousJewelz
03-30-2010, 06:05:24 AM
UGH, I'm so mad at myself. I stayed up too late last night, which means I overslept this morning, which means I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast at home, so I stopped for a very unhealthy and fattening breakfast on the way to work. :mad37:

kimandkathess
03-30-2010, 06:46:41 AM
Julie- You should have something on hand at home that you can just grab out of the fridge and take with you.
Like some bananas or other cut up fruit in baggies or even veggies. I would rather eat fruit in the am, but thats just me. Do you like raisins?
You could even have some cerial bars on hand. I eat the special k becuase they are only 90 caloires each and only 1.5-2 grams of fat per bar. Or you could even eat the special k crackers. I love those!
And for protein you could cut up some cheese or buy some of those pre packaged 100 calorie cheese bites from (I THINK ITS KRAFT). Or you could get some protein bars (south beach or slimfast). I found mine the cheepest at biglots. $2. That was even cheaper than walmarts price with a coupon. It still would have been $5 at walmart.
I like to even snack on cheerios or life cerial as well as the kashi cerials. Maybe you could keep some of the (non perishable) stuff in your car. that way if you don't have time to think about grabbing something out of the fridge then atleast you have something healthy in the car and you could always get a banana at the store. Also do you eat yogurt? something else healthy to grab and take to work with you.
This way you can eat on the way to work or when you get there and you are still eating healthy.

KRP1981
03-30-2010, 07:08:37 AM
UGH, I'm so mad at myself. I stayed up too late last night, which means I overslept this morning, which means I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast at home, so I stopped for a very unhealthy and fattening breakfast on the way to work. :mad37:
Well, at least it wasn't a handful of miniature Reese's cups (Thanks A LOT Rite Aid and CVS!):hysterical:

Okay, so it's not really a laughing matter....:emb1:
So we just gotta make sure we eat healthy the rest of the day...I am too bad for just giving up on a day when I messed up...doesn't have to mean the whole day is lost, right?

VivaciousJewelz
03-30-2010, 08:37:05 AM
Well, at least it wasn't a handful of miniature Reese's cups (Thanks A LOT Rite Aid and CVS!):hysterical:

Okay, so it's not really a laughing matter....:emb1:
So we just gotta make sure we eat healthy the rest of the day...I am too bad for just giving up on a day when I messed up...doesn't have to mean the whole day is lost, right?

It was WORSE! It was a double chocolate chip frappucino and a piece of marble pound cake!!! :hysterical: :hysterical:

Katrina- I am trying to wait for a good sale for some "grab and go" type foods so I don't spend a lot oop as I'm effectively broke until May :giggle2:...

I'm the same way with giving up on the whole day, I'm always like "Well, I'll just start again tomorrow" :shrug7:. But I'm NOT doing it today, I'm going to continue like I didn't ingest 600 empty calories this morning.

kimandkathess
03-30-2010, 03:13:37 PM
I used to wast the day as well. If i ate something unhealthy I would just continue it for the day and start fresh tomorrow. Now if I happen to eat something not so great I just adjust what I eat later and exercise harder harder to account for the bad thing i ate, even if i only walk around my yard or up and down the stairs for 10 minutes. Every little bit helps. Sometimes I dread going to do a workout, but after I get into it, its hard for me to stop. I am going to wait and weigh in on April 1st in the hopes that I have hit 169.xx (I don't care what the .xx (oz's) are...I JUST WANT TO SEE 169!
I have also decided to take my measurements every 4 weeks as well. Because I know that I can get down and out with not seeing the scale budge much so, hopefully the measurements will keep me satisfied.
Good luck everyone and keep up the good work! DON'T GIVE UP!!

MamaBird06
03-30-2010, 03:49:39 PM
hey, i normally post my loss on monday, but darn it, my weight is up from last week, so i will post when i actually am under my last weight. I guess that cheat day on saturday did me in, a family friend died and we had a get together, and now easter is sunday, but i'm making salad for it, i can't be cheating so bad as i did last week.

kimandkathess
03-30-2010, 07:01:52 PM
I was dreading easter dinner at first, but then im like..Im the one cooking it, so im in control of what is made and how its made!

So for our veggie tray we usually have the sourcream with hidden vally dip mix in it. I am using fat free instead of the regular.

We are having hard boilded eggs instead of deviled eggs to omit the mayo that is used in deviled eggs.

We are making low fat cupcakes. Using canned pumkin instead of eggs and oil.

I am also making egg shaped rice krispie treats which are only 100 calories and 6g of fat.

I am also going to have fresh fruit on hand to go with the fresh veggies. Also pickles.

So I am hoping that some of these healthy alernatives will outway the more fattening Ham, starchy potatoes, rolls and pies.

And atleast I can portion myself. That is something I am always in control of. Don't foget no one can take that away from you.

kimandkathess
03-31-2010, 05:55:04 AM
Yahoo! I made it to my goal. I am down to 169!

Previous Weight: 172.2
Current Weight: 169.6
Pounds Lost: 23.4
Pounds to lose: 34.6
BMI: 26.6

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 15.3 Lbs
To get to 169 i need to lose: 0 DONE!:BigHand:
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 1.7bmi/10.6lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose: 19.6

KRP1981
03-31-2010, 09:27:06 AM

:encourage19::party25:
YAY! So happy for you!

kimandkathess
03-31-2010, 11:03:48 AM
Thank you so much! You ladies sure know how to encourage a gal!

KRP1981
03-31-2010, 11:25:56 AM
I'm hoping to "pull a good number" (as they say on The Biggest Loser, ha!) this Saturday when I weigh in.
Just curious...does anyone else watch that? This is the first season I've ever watched, starting from the beginning, and I think it is so inspiring. I am rooting for Sam or Koli. They really seem to get what it's all about and have worked so hard! Their transformation even up to this point is AMAZING!

VivaciousJewelz
03-31-2010, 11:39:27 AM
Well, last night, I decided to weigh myself for the heck of it... BIG MISTAKE. It said I was 237.4!!! I wanted to cry. THIS is why I didn't buy a scale before now, it was b/c I didn't want to make myself obsess over my weight, which is now what I'm doing b/c I've seemed to GAIN almost 2 LBS in two days...

Btw- CONGRATS KATRINA! I am so happy (and jealous :giggle2:) of you!

kimandkathess
03-31-2010, 11:53:04 AM
I watch the biggest loser! Actually I am watching it right now....I have to DVR it so I don't miss it! Their transformations are amazing!.
Julie. Hang in there! Weight can fluctuate for many reasons. You could be retaining water. Which is why i don't use salt. Are you due for your gift from mother nature? I always weigh myself in the morning before eating or drinking anything. Just don't fall off the wagon! You are a very special person and I am glad to have gotten to know you. I want to see your health get better. You are a young and wonderful person.

VivaciousJewelz
03-31-2010, 11:59:04 AM
No, the gift ended over the weekend... Maybe it makes me lighter :hysterical:

I'm not giving up. I'm just mad.

MamaVader
03-31-2010, 12:51:21 PM
Well, last night, I decided to weigh myself for the heck of it... BIG MISTAKE. It said I was 237.4!!! I wanted to cry. THIS is why I didn't buy a scale before now, it was b/c I didn't want to make myself obsess over my weight, which is now what I'm doing b/c I've seemed to GAIN almost 2 LBS in two days...

Btw- CONGRATS KATRINA! I am so happy (and jealous :giggle2:) of you!

Don't fret about that 2 lbs. Your weight can fluctuate by as much as 5lbs for any/no reason whatsoever, maybe more. Just keep on keeping on and it WILL get better. You will lose weight and get fitter. :BigHand:

MamaVader
03-31-2010, 12:52:06 PM

Previous Weight: 172.2
Current Weight: 169.6
Pounds Lost: 23.4
Pounds to lose: 34.6
BMI: 26.6

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 15.3 Lbs
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 1.7bmi/10.6lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose: 19.6

Congrats! :BigHand:

MamaVader
03-31-2010, 12:54:19 PM
hey, i normally post my loss on monday, but darn it, my weight is up from last week, so i will post when i actually am under my last weight. I guess that cheat day on saturday did me in, a family friend died and we had a get together, and now easter is sunday, but i'm making salad for it, i can't be cheating so bad as i did last week.

Sorry about your friend :sad:

You are doing a fantastic job with your weight loss and exercise plan. :smile:

angeleyeza
04-02-2010, 01:27:14 PM
only lost 2 lbs but completed goal #1 I did not eat any potato chips at work for a whole week! woohoo~ 10 million more lbs to go!

starting weight 175
todays weight 173
goal weight 140-145

1st goal not eat chips at work for 1 week **COMPLETED!*
2nd goal get under 170 *4 lbs to go *sigh*
goal #3 get to 160 ( or less by my birthday May 8th!) hopeful?

kimandkathess
04-06-2010, 03:56:39 PM
Well I got my Avon scale today that tells me my bodyfat %...I don't like the results...but atleast I know I can work towards a better goal.
I have a bodyfat % of 31.3
My goal is to be 16.5%- 18.0%
So I have to lose 13.3% -14.8% bodyfat

kimandkathess
04-06-2010, 04:02:56 PM
I can't find any online calculator that actually gives me the number that my scale gives me :( I was hoping to find one you ladies could use.

VivaciousJewelz
04-06-2010, 05:13:37 PM
I lost one pound- I'm down to 234.6.

Spanelli8706
04-10-2010, 08:01:58 PM
Previous weight: 147.4
Current weight: 145

kimandkathess
04-11-2010, 06:26:17 PM
Way to go Julie! Every pound is 1 less you need to lose! Keep up the great work.

Congrats Spanelli you are only 10lbs away!!! I will be so happy when I am at my last 10lbs . It has been a little rough for me this past week and a half. I have been so stressed and have not lost really...been kinda staying level. We will see what tomorrow brings!

VivaciousJewelz
04-11-2010, 06:29:25 PM
Thanks Katrina! Weighed in again today- I am at 233.0!

kimandkathess
04-12-2010, 06:04:29 AM

Keep it up Julie!! When you reach 200 I will send you a super huge (healthy food raok). Is your wishlist still in the CCCS Sub-thread? Does it include everything you are looking for (health food wise?) I would like to send you something for doing such a great job. Shoot me a pm with your addy sometime.

~~Katrina~~

angeleyeza
04-12-2010, 06:31:48 AM
weighed in this morning lost 4 lbs!

starting weight 175
todays weight 169
goal weight 140-145
goal #1 resist tempt for 1 week *complete
goal #2 get under 170 * complete
goal #3 get to 165 by may 1st
goal #4 get to 160 by the end of may
goal #5 get to 155 by mid June
goal #6 to get to goal weight for vacation trip end of july
can I get to it???:shrug7:

VivaciousJewelz
04-12-2010, 06:58:23 AM
Keep it up Julie!! When you reach 200 I will send you a super huge (healthy food raok). Is your wishlist still in the CCCS Sub-thread? Does it include everything you are looking for (health food wise?) I would like to send you something for doing such a great job. Shoot me a pm with your addy sometime.

~~Katrina~~

Awww, thank you! 200 seems like a loooooong way off, LOL.

kimandkathess
04-12-2010, 07:19:48 AM
congrat angeleyeza!!

Julie, you will be there before you know it!! I believe in you.

Shadowchasy
04-12-2010, 08:06:37 AM
I know this is coming a little late but I am jumping on the Weight Loss train.

My Ex husband was talking one of my oldest daughter's friends the other night and my daughter over heard him tell her...."well she didn't look like that when we were married". Well he didnt look like he did back then either. But I can't stop thinking about what he said so I have decided to lose this weight.

I am starting this today, this is my Birthday present to myself. SO here's to a new beginning.

I want to join the Spark People HCW group, anyone got a link?

VivaciousJewelz
04-12-2010, 08:10:04 AM
I know this is coming a little late but I am jumping on the Weight Loss train.

My Ex husband was talking one of my oldest daughter's friends the other night and my daughter over heard him tell her...."well she didn't look like that when we were married". Well he didnt look like he did back then either. But I can't stop thinking about what he said so I have decided to lose this weight.

I am starting this today, this is my Birthday present to myself. SO here's to a new beginning.

I want to join the Spark People HCW group, anyone got a link?

If you sign up and post your Spark People name, I can send you an invite through the site, but I don't think it lets you link in until you join Spark People.

kimandkathess
04-12-2010, 09:59:34 AM
HCW/OGD Hotties SparkTeam (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=38561)
I went here and wasnt signed it, so you should be able to, if not, then do as julie mentioned above and we will get u in one way or another.

VivaciousJewelz
04-12-2010, 10:43:22 AM
HCW/OGD Hotties SparkTeam (http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=38561)
I went here and wasnt signed it, so you should be able to, if not, then do as julie mentioned above and we will get u in one way or another.

Oh, good, I hope that works. Spark People still confuses the heck outta me sometimes!

kimandkathess
04-12-2010, 10:58:55 AM
yeah it confuses me too julie. i keep forgetting how to change my weight tracker...so it takes me about 10 mintues to finally figure it out.

Shadowchasy
04-12-2010, 04:06:22 PM
I joined Spark People and I am already a member of the HCW group

hbaqueen
04-12-2010, 04:55:25 PM
I am back on track again...

Started a water pill a few weeks ago and lost like 5 lbs instantly went off it and it came back on started a new one and back down again..weird

But been counting calories, getting a lil excercise and using my bodybugg
Good luck everyone!

kimandkathess
04-12-2010, 06:39:18 PM
LOL, Julie, I love your siggy with the little zombie smilies!

angeleyeza
04-14-2010, 08:53:49 AM
i started using my exercise ball again I lost alot of inches off everywhere when I used to do it daily. (kmart has these on sale along with resistance bands) I also bought a new pr of resistance bands to tone up ;)

todays weight in at the Dr Office

stating weight : 176
todays weight : 167

9 lb loss! woohoo

Spanelli8706
04-14-2010, 09:01:46 AM
^ awesome!!

kimandkathess
04-14-2010, 09:37:44 AM
Super job Angeleyeza!

angeleyeza
04-14-2010, 09:52:03 AM
I think I will treat myself to a haircut this wkend I have long Auburn hair that is at the waist and I think it may weight 2 lbs its so thick..LOL Maybe if I cut off about 8 inches I will weight less?

maybe after the next 10 lbs Ill treat myself to a hot fudge sundae anyone else wanna take it on with me? we can celebrate together kind of..LOL after the next 10 lbs it reserves you the right for 1 small hot fudge sundae. of course with frozen yogurt ;) yum!

VivaciousJewelz
04-18-2010, 05:27:48 PM

Weigh in time- I am down to 231!

Spanelli8706
04-18-2010, 07:14:44 PM
^ Whoo hoo!

MamaBird06
04-19-2010, 07:39:52 AM
FINALLY I have a loss to report, my weight got up to 162.4 after i got down to 158.6, and i fell off plan this past few weeks, but got back on board last week so my numbers are moving the right direction again.

Previous Weight: 158.6
Current Weight: 157.6
Pounds Lost: 21.4
Pounds to lose: 17.6

kimandkathess
04-19-2010, 12:18:18 PM
I got to 169 at the begginng of the month but have been staying between there and 172....I dont' know if its the stress or what, but im just kinda staying level....im a litte sad about it.

kimandkathess
04-21-2010, 04:30:27 AM
Previous Weight: 169.6
Current Weight: 169.4
Pounds Lost: 23.6
Pounds to lose: 34.4
BMI: 26.5

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 15.1 Lbs
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 1.6bmi/10.4lbs
To get to 150 i need to lose: 19.4

I have just been having a rough month. Not really losing anything. Just staying kind of steady.....

VivaciousJewelz
04-21-2010, 04:55:38 AM
Previous Weight: 169.6
Current Weight: 169.4
Pounds Lost: 23.6
Pounds to lose: 34.4
BMI: 26.5

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 15.1 Lbs
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 1.6bmi/10.4lbs

I have just been having a rough month. Not really losing anything. Just staying kind of steady.....

The good thing is that you didn't GAIN any weight. You're doing really great! I'm inspired. :biggrin:

kimandkathess
04-21-2010, 10:11:01 AM
Awwe Thanks Julie!! I fet kind of bad for not losing anything. Thanks for the kind words.

~~Katrina~~

KRP1981
04-23-2010, 10:00:19 AM
I've been absent on here for a little while but I am happy to report I've made a little more progress!
I even met my first mini goal---Weighed in today at 175!:BigHand:
I'm still sticking to the Weight Watchers points, allowing for the fact I'm nursing.

I'm getting there....slowly!

Starting weight: 182
Pounds lost: 7!

Spanelli8706
04-23-2010, 12:54:56 PM
Previous weight: 145
Current weight: 138.6

KRP1981
04-23-2010, 05:53:03 PM
Previous weight: 145
Current weight: 138.6

Great job! Good grief...you're almost there!!!:BigHand:

Spanelli8706
04-23-2010, 07:43:13 PM
Thanks. Although, I am not convinced I wont gain at least a few pounds of it back. I've been having female issues for the past week and have felt horrible... We shall see. I'll weigh again in two weeks. Congrats on meeting your first mini-goal!!

MamaBird06
04-26-2010, 07:09:19 AM
Down again this week, i don't think i will make my goal by the end of May, but I am still going to try!

Previous Weight: 157.6
Current Weight: 156.4
Pounds Lost: 22.6
Pounds to lose: 16.4

here is a good body fat and other types of calculators i found awhile back:

Body Fat Calculator (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/body_fat_calculator.htm)

according to the estimator, when i started my body fat percentage was about 33% :sad:and today it is 22.4%:BigHand:! Which is about right as that is 10.6% loss and according my calculations I have lost 12.6% of my total body weight and since I am on a low salt diet, some of that weight is definitely water weight, probably about 3 pounds or so, which would be about 10-11% left over of fat loss!

VivaciousJewelz
04-26-2010, 08:12:00 AM
Haven't lost any weight this week. :(

hbaqueen
04-26-2010, 08:50:14 AM
Not really focusing on weight loss just trying to walk and change some habits.
We have been walking 1-2 miles a day 5-6 days a week for almost 3 weeks now.
I have given up having Pepsi in the house and only had it a few times.
My diet needs major work but I am going to the dietician next week so hopefully that will help.
I have lost aboy 14lbs since Jan 1 though so that is better than gaining right!

kimandkathess
04-26-2010, 11:10:53 AM
Keep up the good work! You are all doing so well.
I have not lost much lately. Not feeling the greatest. I do love reading of all your success though!!!

angeleyeza
04-28-2010, 09:53:47 AM
I didnt lose very much these past 2 weeks sigh...

Starting weight 176
Current 155

only lost 2 lbs I blame AF for last week this week Ive been working 12 hr shifts every day this wk so far.

I guess losting 2 lbs is still a loss.

im getting bored because its been raining off and on the past few days and DD3 loves to walk and cant walk in the rain. so We walk in the grocery store..LOL

aneesha33
04-29-2010, 11:33:44 AM
Is it too late join in????

I know I need to lose weight. I am at least 100lbs overweight. I have thought about getting the hormone shots but decided against it. So I have come up with this plan to lose 30+ plus by December 31, 2010

Encouragement and Advice is needed:smile:

Week 1 and 2 (April 25-May 8)

These weeks I am working on two things. Cutting eating portions and drinking only water (flavored water as well like crystal light, gatorade, powerade and the like).

I am doing okay. When I am at work I am good. Its just when I get home and get settled all of a sudden I am HUNGRY.

I dont have time for a real breakfast (any quick and easy and healthy breakfast ideas would greatly be appreciated:wink7:). So for breakfast I have two special K bars (180 calories). For Lunch I have been having a Healthy choice steamer (lots of sodium but I am hoping the intake of lots of water will counteract that). Then a fresh fruit on my way home from work (to stop the urge to get something). At dinner time I have a good amount of food. Meat, veggie and starch. But a lot less than what I usually eat.

I guess my problem is that I am not getting enough calories in. But I want to break myself of having 2 portions to feel full.

Advice please....

Week 3 and 4 May 9-22
These weeks is when I will begin an excercise routine. I am really thinking about jogging around the apt complex three times a week to start.

I will continue just doing these things until June 11th.

June 13-July 31
These are the summer months. NO WORK for me:BigHand: This is when I hope to lose the bulk of my weight.

My overall reason for losing weight is so that I can take my girls to the theme parks and actually be able to go on the rides with them. Also to be able to go to any store and be able to shop for clothes:smile:

lmagee
04-29-2010, 12:45:31 PM
Is it too late join in????

I dont have time for a real breakfast (any quick and easy and healthy breakfast ideas would greatly be appreciated:wink7:). So for breakfast I have two special K bars (180 calories). For Lunch I have been having a Healthy choice steamer (lots of sodium but I am hoping the intake of lots of water will counteract that). Then a fresh fruit on my way home from work (to stop the urge to get something). At dinner time I have a good amount of food. Meat, veggie and starch. But a lot less than what I usually eat.

Advice please....

What I do for breakfast is, on Sunday night I cut up lots of fruit (kind of like a fruit salad). I usually use whatever fruit is cheap (I go to the 99 cent store a lot). This week I cut up 1 cantaloupe, 1 honey dew melon, 4 apples, three pears, two oranges, 1 quart of strawberries. (Cost was $6). This made around 7 cups. So for breakfast each morning, I have about 1.5 cups of my "fruit salad" (sometimes I'll add a banana). In addition, I usually toast 2 Kashi or Eggo Whole Grain Waffles (I always get these free with Q's/rebates). No butter, I eat them sort of like toast with a very light layer of my favorite preserves (think 1 teaspoon per waffle). Very nutritious, low in fat, reasonable in calories. Some might want to add a glass of skim milk. This is really very quick, since the fruit is already cut, the waffle can cook while I finish getting dressed. I have even been known to put in a cup/napkin and eat in the car. (since no syrup on the waffles, no mess). If you're out of waffles, the next best thing is a cup of instant oatmeal. Only use the plain, because they use way, way too much sugar. Add apples, strawberries, raisins or some other type of fruit to "sweeten", ad I usually add cinammon for a little extra flavor.

Week 3 and 4 May 9-22
These weeks is when I will begin an excercise routine. I am really thinking about jogging around the apt complex three times a week to start.

I will continue just doing these things until June 11th.

Don't wait to exercise. Just walk. If you can add 30 minutes of walking around your complex either in the morning or the afternoon, it will be so much better for you. Jogging is so bad for your joints (especially your knees) and especially if you are overweight. Within six weeks work yourself up to walking 5 miles a day (I do this in two increments 45 minutes at work at lunch every day, and 45 more minutes when I get home in the PM).

June 13-July 31
These are the summer months. NO WORK for me:BigHand: This is when I hope to lose the bulk of my weight.

Be careful not to lose too much weight too fast. You should only lose 2/3 pounds a week. Any more than that is very hard on your heart, and you will also probably gain right back.

My overall reason for losing weight is so that I can take my girls to the theme parks and actually be able to go on the rides with them. Also to be able to go to any store and be able to shop for clothes:smile:

kimandkathess
05-02-2010, 06:39:14 PM
Previous Weight: 169.4
Current Weight: 167.6
Pounds Lost: 25.4
Pounds to lose: 32.6
BMI: 26.2

SMALL GOALS:
To get to 2/3 of my total weight loss I need to lose: 13.3 Lbs
To get to a healthy BMI/weight of 24.9/159 need to lose: 1.3bmi/8.6lbs
~Can I get there by May 30? April was a bad month.

I am hoping this month goes better. I had a little jump start due to getting extremely sick this saturday at 3:30 in the morning and not being able to eat or drink anything untill today (sunday) at about 8am.....boy that was horrible....

kimandkathess
05-02-2010, 06:41:51 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers! I can't wait to here of you completing your goals!

VivaciousJewelz
05-02-2010, 06:44:21 PM
I'm still at 231... Oh well, I ate cake this week, so I should be grateful I'm not up to 235 again, LOL. I'm going to do a big push to get down to 229 by this weekend so I can finally get out of the 230s!

aneesha33
05-03-2010, 06:34:12 AM
Weighed myself for the first time this morning.

Starting Weight: 276.5
Goal Weight: 248
Goal-to lose 10% of my body weight

Friday was not such a good day. My team at school was recognized and the reward was lunch to a great Italian restaurant. I had a cheesesteak, greek salad, and two garlic knots:sad:
Boy did I pay for it later that night:whistle67:

The weekend wasnt too bad. I am very excited about my journey. I watched The Biggest Loser on demand and it has me very motivated.

Next Monday I am hoping I have lost 3lbs.

VivaciousJewelz
05-05-2010, 07:01:12 AM
Weighed myself for the first time this morning.

Starting Weight: 276.5
Goal Weight: 248
Goal-to lose 10% of my body weight

Friday was not such a good day. My team at school was recognized and the reward was lunch to a great Italian restaurant. I had a cheesesteak, greek salad, and two garlic knots:sad:
Boy did I pay for it later that night:whistle67:

The weekend wasnt too bad. I am very excited about my journey. I watched The Biggest Loser on demand and it has me very motivated.

Next Monday I am hoping I have lost 3lbs.

You can do it! I was bad last weekend, too. I ate two cakes... Yes, two. And they were good, but I paid for it later and didn't lose any weight last week. I'm being good this week. :biggrin:

VivaciousJewelz
05-07-2010, 06:37:34 AM
My being good paid off, I'm down to 228!!!

MamaVader
05-07-2010, 07:32:55 AM
My being good paid off, I'm down to 228!!!

Goodbye, 230's :BigHand: