PDA

View Full Version : JANUARY challenge: Living Off of Your Stockpile. waiting for final results..............

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

to1drland
01-04-2010, 04:17:59 PM
I was just thinking that I'd better haul my hiney out to the tank to look at what it's at right now,

but it's too cold.

Maybe tomorrow:rolleyes24:
OK- like it's gonna be any warmer tomorrow- well, maybe at least light out then!:wink7:

mymy33
01-04-2010, 04:34:23 PM
Alright, so today my OOP was 1.94 at Acme for 8 tubes of toothpaste and a small container of FAGE Greek yogurt,I love this stuff but it is so expensive, $2.19 for 7 ounces. I keep saying no more toothpaste but it really is handy to resell or donate so I always give in :biggrin:

SLP99
01-04-2010, 04:56:28 PM
No OOP for me today :)
B: Cereal with milk
L: PBJ, Apples, Juice Boxes, Fruit Snacks
D: Ham, Pineapple, Green Beans
S: Christmas Cookies/Jelly Roll

For all those experiencing the pain of opening their Propane bill...I sympathize! We invested in geothermal last August and it has been a godsend! It is a big investment, but if you plan to stay in your house for any length of time (they will bury us in the backyard) it may be worth looking into!

kandpsmom
01-04-2010, 05:05:41 PM
I think the weather got confused! I am in AL and the highest temp for the whole week is 38! I keep the dog's water outside and he drinks when he goes out because ds plays in it inside. The bowl has not thawed in 3 days! Ugh I am not even looking forward to standing outside waiting on dd this week. I may just wait til I see all the other parents leave to walk up to the school...

junebug30523
01-04-2010, 05:32:57 PM
No oop today, but had a great CVS trip. Got 2 All Laundry Detergent (32-load), 1 Nivea Body Wash, 2 Nivea Lip Treatments, Christmas Clearance (75% off) - 3 bags Hershey Kisses, 3 pkgs ribbon, 1 Excedrin Bonus Pack, & 1 GS Energy Smart Light Bulb. Total due after ECB's was $2.97 which I put on a GC. Saved $55.76!

Meals today all from stockpile:

B - Bagel & Cream Cheese (DH)
L - :BigHand:Ham & Cheese sandwich (DH actually went home to eat today!!!!:miscsign12:), He will be properly rewarded for good behavior:giggle2:, Soup (me @ work)
D - Chicken Marsala, left over potatoes & peas, tea
S - Sugar cookies

The Chicken Marsala is a quick, easy, inexpensive, and very delicious recipe I found on the Olive Garden website. Here it is:

Chicken Marsala
Prep Time:
30 minutes
Cook Time:
30 minutes
Serving Size:
4 8 12
Ingredients
4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
1/2 cup flour*
Salt to taste*
Pepper to taste*
Dried oregano to taste*
4 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Marsala wine

Procedures

POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.
TRANSFER to serving plate.

*I use 1/2 cup of 4C Italian Seasoned bread crumbs instead of the flour and spices.

thl
01-04-2010, 05:45:00 PM
Yum!! Great recipe--we'll have to try it! I wonder if regular red wine would work as well as Marsala?

No oop today, but had a great CVS trip. Got 2 All Laundry Detergent (32-load), 1 Nivea Body Wash, 2 Nivea Lip Treatments, Christmas Clearance (75% off) - 3 bags Hershey Kisses, 3 pkgs ribbon, 1 Excedrin Bonus Pack, & 1 GS Energy Smart Light Bulb. Total due after ECB's was $2.97 which I put on a GC. Saved $55.76!

L - :BigHand:Ham & Cheese sandwich (DH actually went home to eat today!!!!:miscsign12:), He will be properly rewarded for good behavior:giggle2:, Soup (me @ work)
S - Sugar cookies

The Chicken Marsala is a quick, easy, inexpensive, and very delicious recipe I found on the Olive Garden website. Here it is:

Chicken Marsala
Prep Time:
30 minutes
Cook Time:
30 minutes
Serving Size:
4 8 12
Ingredients
1/2 cup flour*
Salt to taste*
Pepper to taste*
Dried oregano to taste*
4 Tbsp oil
1 cup Marsala wine

Procedures

POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.

*I use 1/2 cup of 4C Italian Seasoned bread crumbs instead of the flour and spices.

thl
01-04-2010, 05:49:52 PM
what is the toilet paper deal?

The Charmin and Cottonelle 20-roll packs are $12.88 or $12.99 depending on which one you buy, and giving $4 ECB's. I've been putting them with a $5/$20 coupon and something else giving overage, like the Oust. Last week I used the Nature's Bounty vitamins. Each brand is a limit of 6, so you can buy 12 total! I think I may just burn some ECB's to get my last few and have toilet paper for the year!

I'm in AL too, and you're right--it is crazy cold down here. We're hoping for snow on Thursday--50% chance! We had a few flakes today but that was all!

to1drland
01-04-2010, 06:06:09 PM

S - Sugar cookies

Chicken Marsala
Prep Time:
30 minutes
Cook Time:
30 minutes
Serving Size:
4 8 12
Ingredients
1/2 cup flour*
Salt to taste*
Pepper to taste*
Dried oregano to taste*
4 Tbsp oil
1 cup Marsala wine

Procedures

are you sure he didn't use a stunt double??? Looks like he's learning!

yum! I even have some boneless chicken breasts that need to be used before freezer burn sets in. of course I may have to cough up some oop for the wine.

DebK1013
01-04-2010, 06:15:07 PM
I went to the market today and spent $54.52. So OOP total so far is $76.62.

phinphana
01-04-2010, 06:20:23 PM
B:oatmeals
L:leftover stirfried veggy with rice Din't prepare any for DH fellling guilty.
D:making rice porridge with left over rice and ground pork
S: CVS 75% off candy York Pettie

oop today:
Albetons: $4.34 for bottle liners saved $ 2
CVS: $0.70 for candy used 3 ECB and 2 qs got 6 bags of candy
CVS:$ 2.77 for 1 nevea body wash and GE light bulb redeem raincheck for body wash with 5 extra care buck used 4 ecb and 3 dollars coupons and 1.98 got back 5 ECB and 2 ECB
Ralphs: $ 1.69 1 Gallon of milk save $1

Got rebate check for Softsoap essemble for $4

So total oop for today after rebate: $ 5.71
Spending as of 1/4/2010 $ 21.17
Phin

junebug30523
01-04-2010, 06:33:44 PM
Yum!! Great recipe--we'll have to try it! I wonder if regular red wine would work as well as Marsala?

I haven't tried it with red wine, but I think it would be great with a red table wine. The Marsala gives it a sweet taste.

junebug30523
01-04-2010, 06:41:09 PM
I'm in AL too, and you're right--it is crazy cold down here. We're hoping for snow on Thursday--50% chance! We had a few flakes today but that was all!

:winter2:It's cold here in NE GA too. They said on the news tonight that this has been the longest cold streak since 1985. We are also predicted to potentially get snow Thursday into Friday. I thought I had left this behind when I moved from Northern Idaho.:shrug7:

are you sure he didn't use a stunt double??? Looks like he's learning!

Hope it wasn't a stunt double since I just "rewarded him" for good behavior!:whistle67:

to1drland
01-04-2010, 06:46:06 PM
I hope it wasn't a stunt double since I just "rewarded him" for good behavior!:whistle67:

:hysterical::giggle2::hysterical:

anybody have any ideas on what I can do w/ four ripe pears- dh won't eat them, and I'm kinda sick of them already- maybe a great recipe?????

nateNnatsmommy
01-04-2010, 06:59:56 PM
I LOVE chicken marsala, but have never been able to find the wine (only looked a few times, though) Is it a desert wine?

No $$ in the mail for me today:sad:, but I did get 14 free coke coupons and a $10 Starbucks giftcard.

rtnrjk
01-04-2010, 07:10:04 PM
No oop today. YEAH

Breakfast oatmeal, frozen waffle, cereal (we all had something different)
Lunch tuna w/crackers and apple
Dinner turkey legs (crockpot), peas, homemade applesauce muffins
snack- peanuts
Went to a Zumba class today.

junebug30523
01-04-2010, 07:12:27 PM
I LOVE chicken marsala, but have never been able to find the wine (only looked a few times, though) Is it a desert wine?

I found it with the Sherry and Port wines at my Publix. You can also get it in the cooking wines section but it is much more expensive.

junebug30523
01-04-2010, 07:17:31 PM
anybody have any ideas on what I can do w/ four ripe pears- dh won't eat them, and I'm kinda sick of them already- maybe a great recipe?????

We love this for breakfast, it is light and not too sweet:

Pear Oven Omelet

Cook Time:
10 Min

Ready In:
30 Min

Servings: 4

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

In an ovenproof 10-in. skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cinnamon, ginger and 1 tablespoon of sugar. cook for 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat; add the pears. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. remove from the heat; arrange the pears evenly in the skillet.
In a bowl, whisk the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture just until blended. Spread over the pears. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.

Homeschoolmomof3
01-04-2010, 07:42:58 PM
I started working today and will be working a lot the next three weeks (bookrush at the University bookstore) and so my time in stores will be limited. I didn't go anywhere except for work today. I'll need to get milk at some point this week, but am making meals up for the family as I go. So far this week:
Stroganoff casserole tonight
Chicken Quesidillas tomorrow night
Wed- church fellowship dinner
Thursday-off and probably homemade chicken nuggets
Friday-Hula Melts
Saturday-leftovers?
Sunday-Papa John's pizza

kbullsexy07
01-04-2010, 08:39:51 PM
$55.32...just recieved a 7.99 rebate in the mail!!!! so I can deduct this from my total oop???? NEW OOP 47.33

shnnwebster
01-04-2010, 08:44:47 PM
add another 6.90 to my total snacks,coke and pizza at ballgame. Be glad when basketball season is over! New Total 16.90 this is bad since I haven't even been to the store!

Lucky1307
01-04-2010, 09:06:55 PM
DS2 came home from school with a note saying that he didn't pass his vision screening, I made a dr appt for him on Thursday providing the snow isn't too much. I did mangage to get my purse and coupon tote cleaned out today. I found $8.00 wrapped up in a Fareway receipt from October!

kandpsmom
01-05-2010, 05:20:12 AM
:winter2:It's cold here in NE GA too. They said on the news tonight that this has been the longest cold streak since 1985. We are also predicted to potentially get snow Thursday into Friday. I thought I had left this behind when I moved from Northern Idaho.:shrug7:

Dh and I were born in 83 and 85. We were discussing last night how other than 2 winter storms when were little this is the coldest week we've ever seen. When the school made their weekly phone call last night they said school will probably canceled some this week. Who else is dreading seeing their heating bill???

sandygirl
01-05-2010, 06:06:15 AM
Dh and I were born in 83 and 85. We were discussing last night how other than 2 winter storms when were little this is the coldest week we've ever seen. When the school made their weekly phone call last night they said school will probably canceled some this week. Who else is dreading seeing their heating bill???

I know I'm dreading it - we normally keep the house at 71, but it's just so cold right now and the house is drafty so we've had to bump it up to 74 so we don't freeze!

cody82414
01-05-2010, 06:25:23 AM

No $$ in the mail for me today:sad:, but I did get 14 free coke coupons and a $10 Starbucks giftcard.

MORE FREE COKE!!!!!????:biggrin:

sweetsurrender
01-05-2010, 06:38:44 AM
DS2 came home from school with a note saying that he didn't pass his vision screening, I made a dr appt for him on Thursday providing the snow isn't too much. I did mangage to get my purse and coupon tote cleaned out today. I found $8.00 wrapped up in a Fareway receipt from October!

Is DS2 a 2 year old boy or your second son? I'm asking because my son just turned 2 last month and he started wearing glasses when he was 21 months old.

cody82414
01-05-2010, 06:48:43 AM
I need dinner ideas to use sandwich meat.
I have Healthy Ones and am interested in using it in main courses - somehow.

No sandwiches please.

Casserole or slow cooker ideas or the like???

sandygirl
01-05-2010, 06:53:32 AM
I have Healthy Ones making it in main courses somehow.

No sandwiches please.

I know you said no sandwiches but does that include hot sandwiches? My favorite way to use lunch meat is to take a roll {here they sell ones called Bollios - almost a mini sub size}, heat the meat and make a gravy that goes with. Instant Hot Meat {normally we do beef} sandwich.

I've used the ham varieties on pizza before too.

Lucky1307
01-05-2010, 06:57:26 AM
Is DS2 a 2 year old boy or your second son? I'm asking because my son just turned 2 last month and he started wearing glasses when he was 21 months old.

His my second son~ 8 years old. He didn't want me to see the paper from the screening because they circled failed, poor guy was nervous all the way home because he thought I would be mad.
Another cozy below 0 morning here. It might hit the teens by Sunday and a possible heat wave in the 20's by next week! So far we haven't been hit with too high of a heat bill, but the bill I just paid was double the month before. This cold snap needs to go away. Not seeing much global warming but a whole lot of global freezing. Produce prices are starting to show it too.

sweetsurrender
01-05-2010, 07:12:35 AM
You wanna talk about price increases! I just took out the propane bill from the last few years and here is a recap of the price per gallon:
Dec.2008 $2.99/gallon
Oct.2009 $3.20/gallon
Jan.2010 $4.59/gallon !!! <---- How do you get such an increase in just a few months???

If that is not inflation right there I don`t know what is. When my husband saw that $1869.90 bill last night he said he was thankful for the cheap groceries and my other frugal ways. I also reprogrammed the electronic thermostat and shaved off a few degrees for each programmed time period.

kandpsmom
01-05-2010, 07:18:12 AM
I know I'm dreading it - we normally keep the house at 71, but it's just so cold right now and the house is drafty so we've had to bump it up to 74 so we don't freeze!

I know what you mean. This place isn't as drafty as our 1940s house was but with it being a mobile home the way the heat and air are set up it starts at one end of house and works it's way to the other. We're keeping ours at 74-76 because the master bedroom and bathroom are like a freezer. If ds didn't share a room with us it wouldn't be a big deal but he won't keep the covers on at night.

Lucky1307
01-05-2010, 07:26:41 AM
You wanna talk about price increases! I just took out the propane bill from the last few years and here is a recap of the price per gallon:
Dec.2008 $2.99/gallon
Oct.2009 $3.20/gallon
Jan.2010 $4.59/gallon !!! <---- How do you get such an increase in just a few months???

If that is not inflation right there I don`t know what is. When my husband saw that $1869.90 bill last night he said he was thankful for the cheap groceries and my other frugal ways. I also reprogrammed the electronic thermostat and shaved off a few degrees for each programmed time period.

I do not miss propane. Not sure that I completely love the all electric heat we have now but I don't miss the propane bill, having to check the tank in the middle of winter or having to un-thaw the regulator when it got so cold. For fun I dug out the old propane contract and we contracted at 2.19 in 2008 and that winter almost broke us, I can't imagine paying 4.59. So far we have only turned on the large base heater in the living room and our pellet stove runs when we are home. We just bought another pallet of pellets(50 bags) for just under $250 and it will last for at least 50 days. I'm hoping things warm up a touch so we still have some bags left at the end of winter.

thl
01-05-2010, 08:13:02 AM

No sandwiches please.

How about chef's salad? I use our sandwich meat a lot this way.

to1drland
01-05-2010, 08:35:04 AM

No sandwiches please.

I use sliced ham lunch meat in this recipe:

Chicken in wine sauce

6 boneless chicken breasts (pounded flat)
6-12 slices ham (depending how much you need to use up)
2 T. EVOO
salt & pepper to taste
toothpicks
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1 can cream chicken soup
3/4 of a soup can of Fish eye Pinot Grigio wine or Thunderbird wine (ps- don't taste the wine if using thunderbird-highly NOT recommended for drinking! thunderbird is super cheap stuff.)(use white wine only -not red)

preheat oven to 375 degrees

pound breasts flat, season w/ salt & pepper. place sliced ham on top of chicken, roll up and secure w/ toothpicks (1 or 2 in each) brown in skillet w/ olive oil. remove once browned on all sides. place into casserole or glass baking dish. mix cream chicken soup, wine & parsley flake in a separate bowl, salt & pepper to your taste. pour soup mixture over chicken rolls. cover w/ foil bake 50-60 min. (depending on the size of your chicken breasts) serve over bed of wild rice, brown or white rice. also very good w/ side of parsley buttered potatoes. ( We had our caterer make this for our wedding, everybody loved it! the recipe has been in our family for yrs.)

ps- don't forget to remove the toothpicks before serving!!!!

hth:smile:

Lucky1307
01-05-2010, 08:42:05 AM
Got the paper and looked through this weeks ads and there is nothing, nada, blah. Hyvee is having a 20% off canned goods private label after you buy a Hyvee tote for .99. I might go check prices but there wasn't anything in the ad that screamed this would be a excellent deal. It really depends on if they get around to fixing my car today and what time the snow hits tomorrow~ another 2-5 inches with high winds.

to1drland
01-05-2010, 08:48:14 AM
Got the paper and looked through this weeks ads and there is nothing, nada, blah. Hyvee is having a 20% off canned goods private label after you buy a Hyvee tote for .99. I might go check prices but there wasn't anything in the ad that screamed this would be a excellent deal. It really depends on if they get around to fixing my car today and what time the snow hits tomorrow~ another 2-5 inches with high winds.

nothing good in "fareway" either? we don't get the wkday paper, and they haven't posted fareway ad online yet! they are very slow!

Weinergirl
01-05-2010, 09:01:43 AM
Made a trip to CVS last night, no oop. I am still riding on several GCs I got from prescriptions last year. Anyway, I got 2 cans of Oust, 1 GE light bulb and 20 rolls of TP.

pkchicken
01-05-2010, 09:19:52 AM

No sandwiches please.

I was thinking sliced meat in hot gravy or cream soup over noodles or rice or potatos or stale bread chunks.

pk

SouthernBelle5
01-05-2010, 09:21:56 AM
Found $2 in purse
Returned some stuff at Walmart on Sun 10.65
Turned around & bought dishwashing liquid, etc 7.75
Was going to buy papers for extra Q's but they were out!
Food Lion - 6.63 (wouldn't take $5 MQ from Target website :sigh2:)

Mon
Spent $5.75 at tax office for interest (due over the weekend !!)

Forgot to post this earlier. This is what I'm working with:
CVS Gift Card:4.26
CVS: $1 ecb
Rite Aid Gift Card:8.38
Wags Gift Card:23.00

$7.48 OOP

kbullsexy07
01-05-2010, 09:34:44 AM
current OOP 47.33..spent 2.48 at CVS and 2.48 at 711 for an energy drink this morningOOP 52.29

nateNnatsmommy
01-05-2010, 09:36:10 AM
Paid $.14 for a 20 oz coke at RA yesterday, and $1.42 at Wags for a TON of stuff (now have $15 RR)

Hoping for some good mail days - I'm still waiting on over $300 in rebates!

New OOP $1.22 and yes it gets to be purple because I prefer being green! :hectic1::hectic1:

cody82414
01-05-2010, 10:15:07 AM
Yesterday we ate oatmeal for breakfast
Potato/dumpling soup for lunch
And spaghetti for dinner.

DH announced again that he hates spaghetti,
So three guesses what he got?

Yep! Pizza. :wink7:

I did baked homemade cookies though,
so mostly everyone was happy,
except DSS1 who wanted kool-aid and we are out of sugar.

D'oh, See that top shelf with the rows and rows of kool-aid canisters?!?! "Just add water" :rolleyes24:

neglectarino
01-05-2010, 10:40:28 AM
So far, I've spent nothing OOP (working off of a GC my mom gave me for Christmas--thanks Mom! :wavehi:) & have finally received the $60 rebate for the Kaspersky Internet Security I bought last October.

Total so far $60.

I hope everyone's had a happy holiday & that the new year is treating you well thus far!

ComeOnGetDown
01-05-2010, 10:43:50 AM
I was thinking sliced meat in hot gravy or cream soup over noodles or rice or potatos or stale bread chunks.

pk

that reminds me of something my dad used to make.

fry up some ham lunch meat (or whatever you prefer) put it on top of some cheese toast and smother it in gravy! yum!

but if you have ham, i bet it would be really good fried and put on top of some potato soup with a little cheese (or a lot of cheese! and bacon!)

sandygirl
01-05-2010, 10:46:27 AM
Quick question - how do you count Food Stamps?

We're going to apply tomorrow and I was wondering if I should count the amount used as OOP or a GC since it's only good on food.

kandpsmom
01-05-2010, 10:48:39 AM

D'oh, See that top shelf with the rows and rows of kool-aid canisters?!?! "Just add water" :rolleyes24:

Last night must have been spaghetti night for everyone. We had spaghetti without meat and dh ate 2 plates and 4 pieces of bread. The dentist worked some miracle yesterday and he was able to eat. He's much more pleasant when he's not "starving" :giggle2: Apparently he was about to have a dry socket so that's why he's been in so much pain. They put some very nasty smelling crap in the hole but hey I'll take stinky breath over whining:giggle2:

I just went through my coupons and I can't believe how many were expired. My bag looks so empty. The sad part is I thought I got out all the expired last week when I tossed a trash can full.

Lucky1307
01-05-2010, 10:48:51 AM
nothing good in "fareway" either? we don't get the wkday paper, and they haven't posted fareway ad online yet! they are very slow!

Not really. I am looking for some good sales on bacon and hamburger(they have 10lbs tubes of 93% for $2.19lbs and $2.49lbs bacon~ not cheap enough for me:whistle67:) They do have Nestle Cocoa Mix for .59(but I won't drive into town just for that). There is an in-store q for Trend laundry soap .99 for 60 oz(limit 1).

neglectarino
01-05-2010, 10:49:28 AM
i get that green is profit and red is money spent oop, but what's the purple?

It's a joke. I had a rough December. :hysterical:

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/stockpiling-guide-discussions/292161-december-challenge-living-off-your-stockpile-winners-announced-20.html#post2185062

junebug30523
01-05-2010, 11:07:41 AM
:announcement3: DH just e-mailed me that he is going home for lunch again today...that's two days in a row:BigHand: So hopefully no oop today, will report in later.

neglectarino
01-05-2010, 11:14:52 AM
I have Healthy Ones and am interested in using it in main courses - somehow.

No sandwiches please.

I chop ham into thin slices (kind of like a julienne) & saute it with mushrooms, onions &/or peas and throw it into a cream sauce (I make my own with roux & milk with a dollop of tomato paste, but jarred Alfredo works) then toss in ravioli or tortellini that you get for $.89 a bag in the frozen section (cook first). A tomato sauce is good, too, if you prefer.

Chop ham & mix into a macaroni & cheese or quiche.

El cheapo tip of the day: meat & cheese ends. When I used to work at the deli counter at Shoprite (lo those many, many years ago), people used to ask for the ends. They were the butts of the cheese or meats that were too thin to sell or slice properly. They are super cheap per pound (often around $1 or less) & can be used to make macaroni or cover casseroles, or for so many other things. My store doesn't have them at the counter now, but keeps them in the cheese section in front of the deli counter. Ask at your deli counter where they keep them. If they don't, perhaps they'll save some for you. It's worth asking.

Some places mix them up (which is fine for some things like a mac & cheese), but mine doesn't always. The cheese ends get run through the food processor & frozen (grab handfuls of what you need). I buy the provolone or mozzarella ends for lasagna & similar. American & muenster ends are great for mac & cheese. I snatch up the prosciutto when I see it (usually $9+/lb). I chop up & freeze, then use for the pasta dish I describe above. I have bought small turkey ends & chop up to throw into a chef's salad. Ham ends for ham salad, quiche, mac & cheese. I've seen salami ends but only recently thought of an antipasto for them. I'm at a loss for a use for roast beef ends--maybe a goulash?

Favorite new site: Half Assed Kitchen blog (http://alladither.typepad.com/halfassedkitchen/) I want to make the biscuits--they look really good.

to1drland
01-05-2010, 11:24:37 AM
Not really. I am looking for some good sales on bacon and hamburger(they have 10lbs tubes of 93% for $2.19lbs and $2.49lbs bacon~ not cheap enough for me:whistle67:) They do have Nestle Cocoa Mix for .59(but I won't drive into town just for that). There is an in-store q for Trend laundry soap .99 for 60 oz(limit 1).

We are in need of ground beef round here also- but that price doesn't appeal to me either. I bought a ton of cocoa when it was free after Q at Target a couple wks ago. laundry soap could be a maybe- The dogs aren't picky bout what kind i use on their beds and blankets. hyvee had 85% hamburger in the ad for $1.78 a 16 oz. roll. (the prepack stuff)

chemwomyn
01-05-2010, 11:26:38 AM
Yesterday I took advantage of the 90% off Christmas at Target and spent $3.10 on 3 packs of ornaments, Dale JR candy cane ornaments, Christmas cards, tins, etc. Also spent a whopping $0.76 at CVS on assorted Christmas stuff...thanks to ECBs that were expiring.

to1drland
01-05-2010, 11:35:41 AM
I'm at a loss for a use for roast beef ends--maybe a goulash?

Favorite new site: Half Assed Kitchen blog (http://alladither.typepad.com/halfassedkitchen/) I want to make the biscuits--they look really good.

How bout creamed beef over them biscuits you are checkin out. roast beef ends are also good to toss in to soup or beef and noodles.

no oop today
maybe get to Hyvee & fareway tomorrow- we will see...

b- coffee & OJ
l- chicken in wine sauce ( after posting- it sounded good!) wild rice pilaf, green beans and apple/pear crisp
d- LO's
s- gonna make banana bread this afternoon

nothing great in the mail today- just seed catalogs & food network mag & bank statement

ComeOnGetDown
01-05-2010, 11:47:50 AM
It's a joke. I had a rough December. :hysterical:

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/stockpiling-guide-discussions/292161-december-challenge-living-off-your-stockpile-winners-announced-20.html#post2185062

haha aww :giggle2:

ETA:

El cheapo tip of the day: meat & cheese ends. When I used to work at the deli counter at Shoprite (lo those many, many years ago), people used to ask for the ends. They were the butts of the cheese or meats that were too thin to sell or slice properly. They are super cheap per pound (often around $1 or less) & can be used to make macaroni or cover casseroles, or for so many other things. My store doesn't have them at the counter now, but keeps them in the cheese section in front of the deli counter. Ask at your deli counter where they keep them. If they don't, perhaps they'll save some for you. It's worth asking.

That's awesome! i never thought of that, this is why i love this place! :BigHand:

cody82414
01-05-2010, 12:04:07 PM
Breakfast today: frosted flakes, eggo waffles, milk, coffee, hot chocolate
Lunch: potato dumpling soup (the end of it)
snack: made plain ole' chocolate chip cookies :smile:
dinner: deer sausage stew over egg noodles

I did sell some footed sleepers, so I will pick up that cash and go to the bank when I go into the city tomorrow to visit my cousin,
the dentist :sad:

and I too had a dry socket once. AIN'T fun.
reminds me, I still owe him that tool (big tweezer thing) back,
and I'll get $5.00 off my bill :BigHand:

WOOT!

jenrose
01-05-2010, 12:15:27 PM
Well I have made it to 2 stores today with more to come later::sad:

RiteAid:

4 Nivea Lip
4 Stay Free
1 Listerine
Total OOP: 4.62

Albertsons:

3 pks Solo Cups (Free AC)
2 Doritos
4 1/2 Gallon Ice Cream (DH is out)
2 Ore Ida Fried (DH has been beggin for fries :rolleyes24:)
10.66lbs of Chicken Breasts
Total OOP: 37.75 :rolleyes24:

Not too good but oh well. :shrug7:

I think I will go back to both these stores for more freebies, and hit Target if the boys are behaving. May head down to my moms first since she has some $$ for me.

nateNnatsmommy
01-05-2010, 12:20:53 PM
Aren't you using the $5/$20? :shrug7:

RiteAid:

4 Nivea Lip
4 Stay Free
1 Listerine
Total OOP: 4.62

shoebottom
01-05-2010, 12:36:01 PM
Yesterday

breakfast-nothing
lunch-Sonic--$5.68
supper- chili and cornbread

I went to walmart and got bread spent $3.21
gas station and got 3 bug juices for aniyah $3.18

Total OOP for yesterday--12.07

Today

breakfast nothing
lunch- hotdogs and bread bottled water
dinner- hamburgers and fries

went to walgreens and got
2 nail clippers
2 base makeup
2 chips ahoy 99c
nail polish
hairspray
2 lips gloss
2 lip sticks
2 eye shadows
hair smoother creme
total $33.18
coupons used
5-$1
6-$3
1 $6 RR
1 $3 RR
left was $4.18
got back
$2 RR
$5 RR
profit 2.82 Is that right???

saving-n-va
01-05-2010, 12:52:06 PM
I am so NOT in the mood to cook what is on the menu plan tonight. So I'm not. LOL I need kidney beans for a couple meals coming up, so I think I'll get them soaking to cook in the slow cooker tomorrow, then freeze them.

Will have some OOP to report tomorrow, dh is stopping at the commissary tonight and I need to go back to CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid tomorrow. And Harris Teeter super doubles start tomorrow...oh my. :whistle67:

B - oatmeal
L - leftovers from last night
D - Turkey ala king, canned soup or tuna patties (never tried them...can't be too hard right?) - whichever dh decides he wants

saving-n-va
01-05-2010, 12:54:07 PM

Where are you getting that Q from? Would love to take advantage of that!

jenrose
01-05-2010, 01:27:35 PM

I spaced, and I only have $5/$25 since I haven't gotten around to do the video values lately. I will be going back later for more stuff so I will use the $5/$25 then. And I wonder why my OOP is always so high. :rolleyes24:

frugalstafar
01-05-2010, 01:34:15 PM
spending today:
target $8.45 for produce but used gift card so no oop
food lion-$13.00 (weird even amount) got shrimp and cocktail weiners (weird combo to buy)
Giant- $18.76 bought a gorgeous, huge eye of round roast which I cut in half and am presently cooking one half and the other is in the freezer-I figure I'll get 4 good dinners and leftovers for lunches out of it.

Then I found a dime so 0.10c for me to add!!

to1drland
01-05-2010, 01:50:56 PM

Thanks! it's kinda similar to this one I really like-
Mommy's Kitchen (http://www.mommyskitchen.net/) tons of great recipes on here.

nateNnatsmommy
01-05-2010, 02:24:22 PM
Video Values on Riteaid.com - more info in that forum

cody82414
01-05-2010, 03:05:30 PM
went to Hyvee to get 8 lbs. of split chicken breasts for .99/lb. and some cane sugar.

I had 7.03 left on my rewards card,
so I ended up with $1.95 oop

Also had to make cupcakes for DS1's birthday at school.
Only one more box of cake mix and 2 frostings
Of course that was over a year ago it seems that I purchased those items:wink7:

cody82414
01-05-2010, 03:17:16 PM
went to walgreens and got
2 nail clippers
2 base makeup
2 chips ahoy 99c
nail polish
hairspray
2 lips gloss
2 lip sticks
2 eye shadows
hair smoother creme
total $33.18
coupons used
5-$1
6-$3
1 $6 RR
1 $3 RR
left was $4.18
got back
$2 RR
$5 RR
profit 2.82 Is that right???

For this challenge we do not consider RRs as a profit,
so we would just say that your oop was 4.18 or $16.25 for the day.
But, EXCELLENT job at Walgreen's
I still cannot get the hang of that place!

cody82414
01-05-2010, 03:19:52 PM
Quick question - how do you count Food Stamps?

We're going to apply tomorrow and I was wondering if I should count the amount used as OOP or a GC since it's only good on food.

I would not consider food stamps as an out of your pocket expense.
Anything over and above that allotted you would be considered though.
Make sense?

cody82414
01-05-2010, 03:23:11 PM

althought there are no Rite-Aids anywhere near me,
I can print those from coupons.com

jenrose
01-05-2010, 03:55:13 PM
Just got back from Target. Didn't buy anything there that I would include in this challenge. Will hopefully hit Albertsons and Rite Aid again after dinner and leave the boys home with DH.

I set off the theft alarm going into and out of both Riteaid and Target today. Got home to find that inside my pants was one of those sewn in electronic tags. :rolleyes24:

Have chicken in the crockpot for dinner. I have a calendar on the fridge I made that has 6 months on one sheet of paper. I am writing down what we eat for dinner each night so I can hopefully avoid having the same things too many times close together. We shall see if it helps. :wink7:

OK, off to post some of DS' old toys on craigslist.

rtnrjk
01-05-2010, 04:46:50 PM
No oop today another YEAH

Breakfast everyone gets their own, usually oatmeal, waffles, cereal
Lunch tuna fish and apple boring we had this yesterday also
Dinner crockpot chicken and black beans

jenrose
01-05-2010, 04:53:15 PM
I got my $10 Albertsons GC from coinstar today. Yeah! Too bad I will spend that in a heartbeat. LOL

Where is that rebate fairy. I need her bad!

mymy33
01-05-2010, 04:54:57 PM
So today I spent:

$6.93 at Acme
$3.66 at Walgreens
$2.64 at PO (stamps for trade/rebate envies)
$5.00 at Shoprite
$2.45 at Rite Aid
$10.00 for gas

For a total of $30.68 OOP today. I still have to do my big grocery shopping at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's tomorrow but I'm having a stockpile sale on Sunday and expecting some rebates so hopefully I'll be able to recoup some of these expenses :biggrin:

SLP99
01-05-2010, 05:14:06 PM
No OOP today!!!
B: cereal w/ milk - coffee
L: sandwiches-PB&J or Ham & Cheese, apple/clementine, fruit snack, soda/juice, Christmas cookies (we'll be eating these until July)
D: chicken, broccoli, french fries
S: choc cake

I stopped by my local mom and pop store and they had 11 Sunday newspapers for me! I exchanged one dozen homemade peanut butter cookies for the papers-ZERO oop!!!:BigHand:

junebug30523
01-05-2010, 05:14:23 PM
No oop today for me!!:BigHand: All meals were from our stockpile.

B - Bagel, cream cheese, & coffee (DH)
L - Sandwich & tea (DH), Soup @ work (me)
D - Baked ziti, banana muffins, tea (DH)
S - Peanuts

The Publix ad preview was posted yesterday and I am happy/sad that their is not much I need. Probably will only get the BC muffin mixes that are on sale and milk.

We are predicted to have snow Thursday into Friday which means everyone here will be at the grocery stores tomorrow buying up all the bread and milk. Being from the North I still haven't figured that one out yet.:shrug7:

Homeschoolmomof3
01-05-2010, 07:31:38 PM
No OOP for me today, found out I do not have to work tomorrow, so dh & I are going to donate blood and each earn a $10.00 WM gC, plus, the kids got $30.00 in Pizza Hut GC's from my aunt, and they have Book It COupons, so we are going to eat free tomorrow for lunch.

cdarrow26
01-05-2010, 08:00:30 PM
Bought lunch yesterday, $2.16
Groceries yesterday, $15.51, but this total might go down. I bought 8 packages (4 packs) of Fiber One yogurt for .65 each after coupon, plus $5 off my order when I bought 15 participating General Mills products. BFF might buy some of the yogurt from me. Can you freeze it? I'll never eat that much yogurt!

shnnwebster
01-05-2010, 08:07:32 PM
Add another 1.00 to my total for drinks at the ballgame. Took 4 drinks and we still had to buy one!

ComeOnGetDown
01-05-2010, 08:27:29 PM
We are predicted to have snow Thursday into Friday which means everyone here will be at the grocery stores tomorrow buying up all the bread and milk. Being from the North I still haven't figured that one out yet.:shrug7:

where are you? i'm in charlotte, nc and it's supposed to "snow" here thursday night/friday morning... i was planning on going to buy milk at the grocery store tomorrow :hysterical:

but seriously... it's because i'm out... not because i'm scared of the snow haha

ComeOnGetDown
01-05-2010, 08:32:06 PM
i posted this in the HT forum earlier today but i don't think anyone has seen it since today was the last day of the sale... maybe some of you can help me. (it's for the spend $25 on P&G stuff, get a $10 Visa GC rebate thing)

my CAT didn't print when i did the P&G deal at my local harris teeter, but when i did it at a different one with my bf's card it printed no big deal.

the customer service person at my HT told me
1) that it was because i used coupons
2) i should just mail in the receipt without the cat
and
3) she would have her manager call me (which never happened)

rawr!

has his happened to anyone else? and do you know what i can do about it?

Lucky1307
01-05-2010, 09:47:20 PM
It has been a long and frustrating day. SO decided we needed to go to town today~ I wanted to wait until tomorrow for the Hy-vee sale. Ended up cashing my Christmas check and used it to pay for groceries~ I wasn't going to cash it until we were shopping for the mini blinds. SO and I have disagreed almost all day. I hate money!!!

Fareway
6 Nestle Cocoa $3.54
Spinach $.99
2 Dole Salad $1.98
1 String Cheese $2.69
Bananas $1.18
HillyBilly Hollar $2.50
Woman's World(I needed a treat) $1.61
Dt Dew $1.39

Total=17.91 used X-mas money

Breakfast= DS @ school, me coffee and banana
Lunch= DS took his lunch, me salad with cheese and crackers
Supper= Chicken Linguine, salad with spinach, green beans
Snacks= me apple, boys candy, donuts

jenrose
01-05-2010, 09:52:59 PM
Well I didn't end up going back to the store. DH had a bad day at work and I just wasn't in the mood so I stayed home and did laundry. LOL

Shouldn't have any more spending until Thursday, then more OOP for me. :whistle67:

phinphana
01-06-2010, 12:08:09 AM
No oop

B: cereal DS and DH ,me left over rice porridge
L:Tuna sandwich for DH/ I snack it with ritz cracker and left over
D:Left over again haaaa and Chicken and rice for DS

Now I have a big chuck of beef thinking of making some Crockpot dish for tomorrow.

Its not a happy day since my internet was out all day.

Cleaned out expired coupons and coupons........

My carry on to store bag is so light and I have no urge to shop only have to use up 10 -$2 All coupons.

I really don't need any more detergent might buy some and get them for IL in stead.

Good night

Phin

thickbluebug
01-06-2010, 01:56:34 AM
Us too!
We were down to the last drop of milk and the stores were already low.

I know our stores will be packed tomorrow. Just mentioning the S word in Alabama is cause for a full blown panic. There will be no milk or bread by tomorrow night.

where are you? i'm in charlotte, nc and it's supposed to "snow" here thursday night/friday morning... i was planning on going to buy milk at the grocery store tomorrow :hysterical:

but seriously... it's because i'm out... not because i'm scared of the snow haha

cody82414
01-06-2010, 02:56:12 AM
plus, the kids got $30.00 in Pizza Hut GC's from my aunt, and they have Book It COupons, so we are going to eat free tomorrow for lunch.

I really like that program for the kids.
DS1 thinks his personal pan pizza is "JUST for me (him)!
I earned it"

sandygirl
01-06-2010, 06:06:03 AM
Shopped again yesterday - CVS Finally went to 75% off. Managed to get the last Trivial Pursuit game! And they had the soy joy bars in too - got to go back for more of those.

Total OOP: $15.08 saved $214.44

Why couldn't I have done this last month with the 10% rule!

rtnrjk
01-06-2010, 06:09:45 AM
There will be no OOP for me today either. Still at $79 spent for the month out of $400 budget.

Breakfast Oatmeal,cereal, waffle
Lunch Egg Salad Sandwiches, apple
Dinner Pasta,Ham,Black Bean dish

I love using up my stockpile. Anything that I have bought this month for stockpile is going in a separate spot so I use my old stuff up first.

Lucky1307
01-06-2010, 06:47:49 AM
I really like that program for the kids.
DS1 thinks his personal pan pizza is "JUST for me (him)!
I earned it"

I too like the program, very disappointed that DS's school didn't do it this year. It would have been so easy for DS this year because he already has to read 20 min a night.
Very cold but the snow has not started here yet. It's suppose to leave another 7 inches before it's over. Road crews are worried about were they are going to put it. In town yesterday the snow is already piled on the corners of roads so high you can't see to get out of most parking lots or turn on to the highways.

junebug30523
01-06-2010, 07:34:00 AM

Athens, Georgia (Go UGA Bulldogs!!) It is like a stampede to the milk/bread aisle here when "snow" is mentioned:giggle2:

kandpsmom
01-06-2010, 07:46:12 AM
5.98 at WM this morning. I have a years supply of listerine but we just found out dh has to use scope for rinsing the holes where his teeth were cut out.

Last nights dinner- chicken fingers, stewed potatoes, homemade mac &cheese and made a dozen chocolate chip cookies for dessert

will probably make hamburger helper and a veggie tonight and reheat leftover potatoes and macaroni

ComeOnGetDown
01-06-2010, 08:16:24 AM
i went to CVS and didn't spend any money oop with the help of GCs and ECBs :BigHand:

then i went to food lion and spent $15.13 on wine... i should have a separate budget for alcohol haha

so, my total for the month so far is: $66.23

there will be some more oop after work today b/c of the teets super doubles, but i've got some good deals lined up.

breakfast today: cheerios
lunch: sub from HT
dinner: coq au riesling (first time making it, i've got some frozen pizzas just in case it sucks :giggle2:)

GE coupon chick
01-06-2010, 09:02:57 AM
OOP yesterday $23.99 for a can of formula for dd 2 we get wic:sad: why my husband wouldn't use that I have no idea :shrug7::hectic1::rolleyes24::confused58:

I guess what do I expect from a man who won't use a coupon because he thinks its like food stamps in the 80's.

yesterday
b: french toast
l: canned soup husband had a sandwich at work
s: deer stew I put all the small amounts of left over vegies in a big bowl at the end of each night and when I have a full bowl I add a jar of canned deer meat and 2 packets of gravy mix.

Today
b: pancakes and sausage
l: 2 yougurt
s: I don't know yet I coach cheerleading and have practice today so whatever sounds good when i get home

SouthernBelle5
01-06-2010, 09:19:50 AM
Yesterday:
Went to CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens but no OOP b/c of GCs and ECBs!
Did get gas for DH's guzzler: $15.00
Sold a couple of items from stockpile: $5.50
Total OOP yesterday - $9.50

For January - $16.98

kbullsexy07
01-06-2010, 09:23:54 AM
kbullsexy07 $52.29.. yesterday i did very well and did not spend anything.. brought lunch to work and cooked at home last night and RCVD a rebate for Vitamin shampoo $6.99TOTAL OOP 45.30

nateNnatsmommy
01-06-2010, 09:36:37 AM
Woohoo got $33 rebate checks in the mail yesterday. Spent $2.43 at Walgreens - growing my RR collection

New oop -$29.35

Hooray for being back in the glorious green :BigHand:

Lucky1307
01-06-2010, 10:20:58 AM
I don't think we will going to town today. No snow yet but school is letting out 2 hours early. New totals up to 9 inches expected and Thursday there will be drifting snow. Have I mentioned I'm sick of winter. It's really too bad, all this snow and can't go out and play in it.

frugalstafar
01-06-2010, 11:06:44 AM
ran out coupon hunting and found .03c. DO people just not care they lose money or am I the only one who picks it up?
went to walmart and got one little first aid kit,one snuggle sheet and one 100 calorie pack $2.80 oop.

leftovers for dinner tonight-time to get the fridge cleaned out.

cody82414
01-06-2010, 11:14:11 AM
went to the dentist this morning,
picked up $30.00 for sold items.

nateNnatsmommy
01-06-2010, 11:15:30 AM
Can anyone give tips on HOW you're selling stockpile stuff? Are you listing it on craigslist?

shoebottom
01-06-2010, 11:16:30 AM
I finally decided to go to Kroger, hoping they finally had some of the tide stain relelase in stock, yea they did.

Kroger
9- tide satin release $45
3- dawn hand renewal $6
2- nivea lip stick clearanced to $1.79--$3.58
5- Snuggle creme clearanceed $2.63--$13.15
coupons used
9--$3 tide release
3--50c doubled so $3
1- B1G1 nivea $1.79
5- $2 snuggle
OOP $20.00

Went to Walgreens
8- Stayfree packs
10--chips ahoy 99c
1- foot creme
1- nivea lotion
2- vive condition
1- sprite
1- popcorn
1- nail polish
1- hair spray
1- aveno body wash
OOP 7.90
got back $8 RR

I know still OOP is 7.90 but this is the about the best that I have done in walgreens. I was paided 10c to buy all the stuff.

ComeOnGetDown
01-06-2010, 11:17:21 AM
so, i went to the teeter on my lunch break.. i got:

4 Special K Cereal Bars
3 Lysol Disinfectant Wipes
3 Sun Crystals
1 box of plastic utinsiles (i use them at work)
2 Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (i was having a craving, and there was a blinkie right there for $1.50/2... it didn't double though :rolleyes24:)
1 Campbell's Select Harvest Soup
1 Toblerone candy bar
1 Oikos organic Greek yogurt
and a sub sandwhich for lunch

i paid $10.29 and saved $42.98, so i was happy... :party25:

my new oop total is $76.52

not great, but it's a hell of a lot better than i would have been doing if i wasn't in this challenge! :biggrin:

sandygirl
01-06-2010, 11:27:21 AM
Can anyone give tips on HOW you're selling stockpile stuff? Are you listing it on craigslist?

I yard sale it some - so watch out for next month's challenge as I'm having a BIG sale!

mymy33
01-06-2010, 11:32:03 AM

In New Jersey where I am there's a year round flea market. I pay $35 for a table on Sunday mornings and stay for about three hours and can make anywhere from $200-$400. The problem is it's getting cold so I think I'm going to try Craigslist and I've also had pretty good success with the World's Largest Auction site :wink7:

thickbluebug
01-06-2010, 11:38:18 AM
I am trying to hold off until March, but I yard sale it and I sell it to the inlaws.

You can also barter it to the hair cut girl. They love tooth paste, toothbrushes and body wash.

I yard sale it some - so watch out for next month's challenge as I'm having a BIG sale!

nateNnatsmommy
01-06-2010, 11:38:59 AM
thank you guys (Please keep the tips coming, I need to sell a bunch of stuff, before my house ends up on Hoarders :giggle2:)

Sandygirl, you're having a yard sale in February? Do people go to yard sales in February? Where do you live, and what will the weather be?

mymy - so are Sundays better than Saturdays at the flea markets? We have a year round one here, too, but it looks like only the outdoor spaces are available on a per day basis.

In New Jersey where I am there's a year round flea market. I pay $35 for a table on Sunday mornings and stay for about three hours and can make anywhere from $200-$400. The problem is it's getting cold so I think I'm going to try Craigslist and I've also had pretty good success with the World's Largest Auction site :wink7:

thickbluebug
01-06-2010, 11:50:16 AM
Speaking of hoarding:

Oh my, I watched hoarders last night. Very upsetting.

A beauty counter girl asked what I do with this stuff - I do give lots of it away and told her that. In fact we made baskets out of this stuff and bought some black friday stuff and played dirty santa with it. I don't keep this stuff. (note: I do not admit to the stores that I resell this stuff because then I can be targeted as a competitor, that's where that ....non sold to dealers ....comes into play from some stores fine print)

She asked if I knew so and so, that she isn't as organized as me. She always adds and removes items, forgets to use her q's, and then returns because it was too much money. (hmmm, I have done that a few times myself - cause this store doesn't program the rr's correctly. For real something at my normal store gives me the rr and the same thing doesn't at this store...think monitors :wink7:)
Anyway, MS B/A said that the customer told that couldn't get into her house and just threw the stuff down at the door.

It really upset the b/a at wags and she told me ....make sure you get rid of this stuff.

Now I laughed and said yep, no problem. :wink7:

I really hope the customer was just po'd that the b/a would ask such a personal question,,,,but according to hoarders there are millions of them out there. :sad:

Moral to this post,,,,,get rid of the stuff you aren't going to use it cause some b/a might talk about you.

Seriously, makes me wonder what she says about me to the other customers. :hysterical:
Gotta love gossips!

cody82414
01-06-2010, 11:51:23 AM

Psssst.
Don't scare away your competition already :wink7:

jenrose
01-06-2010, 11:55:26 AM
Psssst.

You had to type that in purple didn't you. :hysterical:

mymy33
01-06-2010, 12:04:51 PM
mymy - so are Sundays better than Saturdays at the flea markets? We have a year round one here, too, but it looks like only the outdoor spaces are available on a per day basis.

Where I am Sundays are definitely better. On Saturdays I have stay twice as long to make the same amount of money (if I'm lucky) as I do on a Sunday. At our flea market outdoor spaces are available on a daily basis but you can also rent them monthly so that might be worth checking into if you want to sell your stash on a regular basis. Of course "business" is better in warmer weather but winter is okay for me too because people always need toothpaste, soap, and razors :giggle2:

cody82414
01-06-2010, 12:27:34 PM
You had to type that in purple didn't you. :hysterical:

tee hee heee:whistle67:
You "get me" jenrose,
you really do!

(SCARY)

jenrose
01-06-2010, 12:45:08 PM
tee hee heee:whistle67:
You "get me" jenrose,
you really do!

(SCARY)

:omg:

:mediate76:

SouthernBelle5
01-06-2010, 12:56:04 PM

I started off with co-workers and branched off with others by word of mouth. I am looking for some new "customers" because I've got all my current one's well stocked!

junebug30523
01-06-2010, 01:05:27 PM
Us too!
We were down to the last drop of milk and the stores were already low.

I know our stores will be packed tomorrow. Just mentioning the S word in Alabama is cause for a full blown panic. There will be no milk or bread by tomorrow night.

After all our discussion about the run on milk and bread when the "s" word is used in the South, DH called and asked if I could pick up some milk since we are almost out.:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: I decided to go at lunch since it will be absolutely insane at the stores after work tonight. Sure enough the bread, milk, TP, etc., were already getting low and the store was busier than usual.:shrug7:

Did have a great trip though and got the following at Publix:

2 Boxes Banquet Frozen Turkey Sausages
1 Box Kahiki Egg Rolls
4 Boxes Ore/Ida Easy Fries
1 Bag Publix Tortilla Chips (Penny Item)
1 Newman's Peach Salsa (to go with the Publix Penny Item!)
1 Bag Publix Coleslaw (using up left over Tilapia for fish tacos tonight)
1 Pkg Publix Swiss Cheese (DH's lunches at home)
1 Gal Publix Non-fat Milk
1 BC Blueberry Muffin Mix

Total oop - $12.01 (total for month $38.54), saved $13.93 after q's and sale prices.

B - Cereal, milk, and coffee (DH)
L - Sandwich at home (DH)!!!!:biggrin::BigHand::biggrin:
D - Fish tacos (lo tilapia), tortilla chips
S - Cookies (if I get them made!)

I did not eat breakfast or lunch, but may try to eat some dinner, I love the fish tacos!:giggle2:

Homeschoolmomof3
01-06-2010, 01:06:05 PM
I spent $6.59 at Walgreens and $45.00 at Meijer. Stocked up on milk and some other needed items. We're supposed to get a bunch of snow and I am working the next two weeks, so needed to have some things for the fam. My OOP is $61.16 for the month.
Plus Dh & I did donate blood today and made $20.00 in WM Gc's, so that can be used towards the rest of the month. I just normally don't go there.

jeweltea
01-06-2010, 01:11:24 PM
Okay. This is what I have spent so far for the month of January:
$60.15 but I received a $25 refund so my total should be $35.15 on the front page, right? I think I miscalculated before and it needs corrected.
Doris

pkchicken
01-06-2010, 01:14:35 PM
I've been busy with triples at superfresh the last few days.
Spent $40.56 less $23.00 (previous total)= $17.56 so far for the month.

pk

jenrose
01-06-2010, 01:25:22 PM
After hearing everyone on here that lives in the south talk about how cold and snowy it is right now I got this email from someone in Alaska,

"Our weather here is very strange this year! The temp outside is 37 degrees and it is calling for rain/snow today and rain tomorrow and then snow on Sunday. :{ The real question is....a coat or just long sleeves? when leaving for the day. In Texas the saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change". I think that it applies here too!"

Isn't Alaska where it is supposed to be really cold all winter? :shrug7: I have daily contact with people in Alaska and it has been very warm up there compaired to the 'norm'.

junebug30523
01-06-2010, 01:35:26 PM
After hearing everyone on here that lives in the south talk about how cold and snowy it is right now I got this email from someone in Alaska,

"Our weather here is very strange this year! The temp outside is 37 degrees and it is calling for rain/snow today and rain tomorrow and then snow on Sunday. :{ The real question is....a coat or just long sleeves? when leaving for the day. In Texas the saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change". I think that it applies here too!"

Isn't Alaska where it is supposed to be really cold all winter? :shrug7: I have daily contact with people in Alaska and it has been very warm up there compaired to the 'norm'.

I wonder if they have a run on bread and milk???:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

ComeOnGetDown
01-06-2010, 01:40:59 PM
haha wow.. that does sound strange for Alaska..

my brother lives in Oregon and said it's been about 60 all week, like spring time! what in the world?! of course, he lives in the valley, so i think that has something to do with it..

jenrose
01-06-2010, 01:42:57 PM
I'm in WA and we are supposed to have a high of 47 today. About average I think.

junebug30523
01-06-2010, 01:58:15 PM

From the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today about Atlanta's temperatures vs Alaska: :winter1:How cold is it in Atlanta? Alaska cold | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/how-cold-is-it-268066.html)

nateNnatsmommy
01-06-2010, 02:06:15 PM
Can I ask how you broached the subject with co-workers? I have plenty of those, but am not sure how to offer up goods...kind of afraid they'll all think I'm crazy (I keep my couponing hush hush)

Sorry for the OT!!!!

I started off with co-workers and branched off with others by word of mouth. I am looking for some new "customers" because I've got all my current one's well stocked!

jenrose
01-06-2010, 02:08:25 PM
Can I ask how you broached the subject with co-workers? I have plenty of those, but am not sure how to offer up goods...kind of afraid they'll all think I'm crazy (I keep my couponing hush hush)

Sorry for the OT!!!!

But you are crazy, just like the commercial Crazy for Coco puffs. LOL, Sorry I couldn't resist. :giggle2:

My coworkers all know I am a coupon freak, no need to hide it for me. Although there are only 6 people that work in my building right now. :smile:

sweetsurrender
01-06-2010, 02:14:59 PM
I'm not from Alaska but originally from Canada and people just deal with cold and snow up there. People keep more food at home because they know the weather can get bad. It's really a non-issue and people don`t do milk, egg, bread runs like they do here in PA when there is talk of snow.

Still no OOP to add. I haven't been to any stores. I am running out of some basics like yogurt, cheese and fresh fruit and salad. I was going to go tonight but a friend is coming to visit so it will be tomorrow night. The fridge is looking a little bare but we have been eating well anyway. I've made my second loaf of bread today since the beginning of the challenge.

to1drland
01-06-2010, 02:36:12 PM
up at the crack of dawn today- fired up the smoker. put on 2 racks of ribs and a whole chicken......

b-coffee and banana bread
l- smoked ribs, cauliflower w/ cheese, beer bread & baked sweet potatoes. ( I'm in that coma/stuffed stage now)
d-me- nada- who could fit anymore in, dh took leftover ribs
s- not needed today

dh took cans in for deposit
--------
$12.00

dh ran to target-
4 -12pks. diet dew
------
$10.76 oop after tax/coupons and can deposit

puts me at $1.45 for the month now

nothing good in the mail today

snow on the way this evening- up to 8 inches- hoping it's more like 1 or 2 inches. ( the snow - that is!:giggle2::whistle67:)

SouthernBelle5
01-06-2010, 02:49:11 PM

Sorry for the OT!!!!

I've talked about it for quite awhile and would mention "Oh yeah! So-and-so is free with coupons at Lowes Food this week" or "I got soap for cheap at CVS" and had someone ask me to pick them up some and they would reimburse me. It went from that simple comment to a 3 page "THE STORE List". :whistle67:

Hey - I make around $100/ month after tithe and have paid off bills with the extra $$$!

phinphana
01-06-2010, 02:53:37 PM
Nothing good in the mail for me as well and my Kelloggs rebate not show up yet and its mail since December I guess its probably got lost and What should I do its 10 and 70 code. I have no contact of them # anyone know?

Well Challenge haven't been to the store just yet. I need to there no lettuce and anything to make salad.

I commit myself for eating healthy and will loss some baby weight and what else stick to budget.

Today B:DH oatmeal/DS cereal/Me left over porridge.
L: I had salad and will finish left over
D: pot roast in the crock pot and might do something like dessert from stockpile not yet figure it out.

I will go to Albertsons for some thing or Ralphs then will go use coupons on All dertergent........

Oh I did aerobic dance today I've been doing it for 3 times so far....at home with youtube music. I don't want to go to the Gym to pay for exercise membership...

Phin

saving-n-va
01-06-2010, 03:01:09 PM
So it helps to be sure you have all the ingredients for your menu plans BEFORE you start cooking. :oops: So dh is stopping at the store to get me tomato sauce - no coupons, full price!! :emb2: How in the world did I run out of sauce? Will update total OOP on the weekend.

I made 2 crockpots of beans today (kidney and navy). I overcooked them a bit and they are more mushy than I want. Hope they work for the chili and minestrone I had planned for them.

B- cheese toast
L - grilled cheese and pickles
D - chili - enough to freeze some too hopefully

Tomorrow night we eat at the bowling alley and Friday we are going to an NBA game (eating out and date night money).

junebug30523
01-06-2010, 03:02:10 PM
snow on the way this evening- up to 8 inches- hoping it's more like 1 or 2 inches. ( the snow - that is!:giggle2::whistle67:)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

jenrose
01-06-2010, 03:04:26 PM

Now what could you possibly do with only 1-2 inches. I didn't know it came that small. :wink7:

to1drland
01-06-2010, 03:25:40 PM
Now what could you possibly do with only 1-2 inches. I didn't know it came that small. :wink7:

think turtle hiding in shell!:hysterical:

bet you wish we'd all send this snow out to your area- I'll gladly take your temp. over ours- although we had a heat wave here today- like 10 degrees, and it actually feels kinda warm- sick huh?:shrug7:

jenrose
01-06-2010, 03:29:58 PM
think turtle hiding in shell!:hysterical:

bet you wish we'd all send this snow out to your area- I'll gladly take your temp. over ours- although we had a heat wave here today- like 10 degrees, and it actually feels kinda warm- sick huh?:shrug7:

I don't like it that cold. Although I wouldn't mind a few days of snow. When we get snow it is usually about 30 degrees. :wink7:

sandygirl
01-06-2010, 03:40:00 PM
thank you guys (Please keep the tips coming, I need to sell a bunch of stuff, before my house ends up on Hoarders :giggle2:)

Sandygirl, you're having a yard sale in February? Do people go to yard sales in February? Where do you live, and what will the weather be?

We're in South Texas, so normally it's warm enough. I've actually had them in January before. This year I don't know - it might still be too cold for me.

(note: I do not admit to the stores that I resell this stuff because then I can be targeted as a competitor, that's where that ....non sold to dealers ....comes into play from some stores fine print)

I never tell either. It all "Goes to friends" or "to family". We have kind of a don't ask don't tell policy with my favorite cashiers - I just hope they never come to my yard sale!

Psssst.

Oh I won't - Really.

I really don't know how my next sale will go anyways - I'm missing a lot of my normal items that go quick like Hair care, Tooth care, and air fresheners. I hope the sales get better as I really really need the money. I was counting on one of my regulars to come {she buys from me, and then flea markets it herself} last month but she didn't.

Does anyone else set up everything in the Garage and then just have the sale in the garage? We did that the last time, and while we had fewer customers it was much much much easier to set up and tear down since we do a two day sale. Next time I will put a big sign at the street saying more inside the garage. I left some tables up since we don't use our garage for anything but storage, and just sort it all as I come home from the store.

I just hope nothing out there freezes over the next few nights - is there anything I should bring in the house? Our Garage isn't heated.

cody82414
01-06-2010, 04:48:59 PM
Okay. This is what I have spent so far for the month of January:
$60.15 but I received a $25 refund so my total should be $35.15 on the front page, right? I think I miscalculated before and it needs corrected.
Doris

WHAT?!?!?!?!
I thought I was the only one who made mathematical errors:whistle67:
(I am completely kidding with you all)

cody82414
01-06-2010, 04:57:26 PM

:giggle2:
LOVIN' it!!!

cody82414
01-06-2010, 05:39:37 PM
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner: chicken breasts, brocolli and rice
Dessert:

Filled Angel Food Cake (Joyce Olson)

1 pkg one step Angel Food cake

Prepare according to box directions
cool completley, preferably overnight

Filling
1 pkg 16 oz. miniature marshmallows
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup water (approx.)
16 oz. Cool Whip

fill bottom of sauce pan with water (1/2 cup)
add marshmallows.
Place over medium heat and melt.
Watch closely, stir constantly.

When completely melted, add chocolate chips and stir until chips melt.
Place in refrigerator until completely cooled.
Add approximately 3/4 of cool whip container and stir until well mixed.

cut 1/4 to 1/2 lip off top of cake and remove inside of cake leaving 1/2 to 3/4 inch on outside and inside of cake.
Place a layer of filling inside cake.
Replace layer of removed cake.
Add another layer of filling and extend it up along the top of lip of cake. Replace top to cake and frost with remaining filling.

Refrigerate.
When cutting you may need to clean the knife to prevent sticking.

mymy33
01-06-2010, 05:46:00 PM
My spending today:

$10.63 at Acme
$6.80 at CVS
$3.10 at Patmark
$12.39 at Shoprite
$6.70 at Rite Aid

for a total OOP today of $39.62

shnnwebster
01-06-2010, 06:27:37 PM
I spent $ 17.16 @ Publix
$ 4.80 @ Walmart
Total spent today 21.96 new oop for month 39.86

phinphana
01-06-2010, 06:55:33 PM

How do you make your spaghetti ?

You can add some Italian sausage cut into bite size and mix them up with your meat . It work out great and also you can put more mushroom chopped them up add in the spaghetti sauce........

Phin

Lucky1307
01-06-2010, 09:28:17 PM

So bad. But with another snow day tomorrow I'm sure plenty of people will be seeing inches...

Schools almost state-wide are closed already for tomorrow, at this rate the kids will be in school until June. Made a large pot of chili for lunch/supper. Now looking for something hot for tomorrow's meals.

thickbluebug
01-06-2010, 10:31:00 PM
Telling how old I am here,
but we use to do this cake in the 80's
only we would stuff it with 1/2 pudding and 1/2 cool whip,,,mixed together to make a mousse.
Then ice it with the left over cool whip.

I use to shave hershey chocolate bars on top. Make those little curls and place on top.

Sometimes I would press a few squares of a hershey bar around the base of the iced cake...

For xmas I use to use vanilla pudding and sprinkle with sprinkle with red and green sprinkles.

Oh and we used string to cut it about an inch from the top, removed the cut off top layer
...then we made a circle cut - about an inch from the out side ring wall (looking down into the cake) all the way around the cake
......this time it the circle didn't take the top off the cake, we just made circle in the "center" of the cake,
then made the same circle and inch from the inside wall.
After it was scooped out it made a tunnel to hold the mousse. Put the top layer back on it and ice it with cool whip.

Just make sure to leave at least an inch from the bottom in the center tunnel - to hold the mousse in.

Wow, I want to make one know.

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dessert:

Filling
1/2 cup water (approx.)
16 oz. Cool Whip

add marshmallows.

cut 1/4 to 1/2 lip off top of cake and remove inside of cake leaving 1/2 to 3/4 inch on outside and inside of cake.
Add another layer of filling and extend it up along the top of lip of cake. Replace top to cake and frost with remaining filling.

Refrigerate.

sweetsurrender
01-06-2010, 10:34:26 PM
I just looked at our forecast. 1 to 3 is all we"ll be getting here :biggrin:

kandpsmom
01-07-2010, 05:20:45 AM
Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dessert:

Filling
1/2 cup water (approx.)
16 oz. Cool Whip

add marshmallows.

Refrigerate.

wipes drool from keyboard:giggle2:

kandpsmom
01-07-2010, 05:25:00 AM
Dd is getting out of school at 11 today. We're only supposed to get about an inch of snow but they're talking about sleet, that's what freaks me out. I'm going to take her to school and do my shopping since I probably won't be leaving the house tomorrow then go back and stand in the cold and wait for her .sigh.

hopefully the power stays on for the big game tonight

cody82414
01-07-2010, 05:29:29 AM
No school today !!!!

junebug30523
01-07-2010, 06:11:04 AM
Add $.60 to my monthly oop which will bring it to $39.14. I couldn't pass up the Publix deal on Aleve - got two boxes of 24 count for $.05 each + tax of $.50.:BigHand:

The snow is suppose to come in late this afternoon and is now being predicted as only 1-3 inches. This is one time when I'm glad it's not more.:whistle67:

Meals today from stockpile:

B - Bagel, cream cheese, & coffee (DH)
L - Soup @ work (me), sandwich @ home (DH) That's 4 days in a row for him to have lunch at home!!!:biggrin:
D - Leftover/Clean out the fridge night:wink7:
S - Oatmeal raisin cookies

Thanks everyone for the support of this challenge, I know I would have never gotten DH to start eating lunch at home if I hadn't signed up for this.:wavehi:

ComeOnGetDown
01-07-2010, 06:19:59 AM
i went to cvs last night... again... spent $33.03 but $25 was for a prescription, so total oop was $8.03 bringing my grand total to $84.55

they're calling for snow here tonight, but no accumulation, so i get to come to work tomorrow :whoopdedo1:

PS-> that stuffed angel food cake looks AMAZING, but i don't have the angel food cake in my stockpile, so it'll have to wait..

cody82414
01-07-2010, 06:53:59 AM
i went to cvs last night... again... spent $33.03 but $25 was for a prescription, so total oop was $8.03 bringing my grand total to $84.55

they're calling for snow here tonight, but no accumulation, so i get to come to work tomorrow :whoopdedo1:

PS-> that stuffed angel food cake looks AMAZING, but i don't have the angel food cake in my stockpile, so it'll have to wait..

I periodically check the day old rack for them,
that way they are already cooled and ready to go,
plus,
it's less work.:wink7:

Homeschoolmomof3
01-07-2010, 07:08:47 AM
No oop today for me, we are getting 2-4 inches of more snow, on top of the probably 2" we had last night. We're staying home. Homemade chicken nuggets for dinner tonight.

amys
01-07-2010, 07:10:05 AM
Do we start out each month with a balance of $0 and a budget of $xxx?

Then go from there - or do we continue with the balance from the previous month if we were in the greeen?

Weinergirl
01-07-2010, 07:27:18 AM
I can't believe I have only been to the grocery store once this month. That's a new record for me. I really need to go today and at least get milk but I am stuck at work and it's supposed to start blizzarding this morning. Hopefully we will get out early and I can get the kids and just go home. Not sure when I will get a chance to get to the store!

cjpsmom
01-07-2010, 08:09:24 AM
Are my yankee buddies frozen yet????

kandpsmom
01-07-2010, 08:34:57 AM
$65.47 oop after coupons between 2 stores this AM. I got:

2 family pks ground beef (1.15/lb)
family pk new york strips
bread
96oz juice
snacks
nacho stuff
chilli stuff
2 rice
2 spaghettios
5 pizzas
squash
okra
broccoli
bananas
apples
snuggle
olay lotion
dh's $3 Bama Mayo, the only brand he will eat :(
tortillas
2 bisquick garlic cheddar biscuit mix
20 oz sprite

still need to go to CVS for cheap ALL when I pick up dd

jenrose
01-07-2010, 08:36:50 AM
We have red skies here this morning. Looks like a breezy day, but I'll take that over the weather others are having. Low 30's here right now I think.

cody82414
01-07-2010, 08:44:54 AM
Do we start out each month with a balance of $0 and a budget of $xxx?

Then go from there - or do we continue with the balance from the previous month if we were in the greeen?

We start from $0.00 each month.

At the beginning of the month I list what I am are starting with
ecbs, paypal, stamps, catalinas, OYNO, cash on hand, etc.

The amount that you budget for your family is what you realistically think you need to spend that month. That amount doesn't count for anything. It is simply your family's personal goal :smile:

Using myself as the example
When I first started couponing August 2008,
if I can remember that far back:wink7:
I was spending $650.00 each month for food for my family of 6.

Each month I was able to decrease that amount, as I got better at stockpiling, couponing, waiting for deals, et al.

HOWEVER this month I took out the 10% rule, so I honestly am not sure what I ACTUALLY spend oop anymore:shrug7:

Does that help?
cody

kbullsexy07
01-07-2010, 08:50:58 AM
$45.30 ..splurged yesterday and went to which which for lunch $6.25 and a drink at work .60TOTAL OOP 52.15

amys
01-07-2010, 08:52:48 AM
I think so.

So this month I would have:
$12 RR
$4 ecb
$32 GC to Wags
$250.00 cash on hand

My budget is really to see how well I can do this month compared to before. Last month I did very good because there were no deals. I will try to do $150 for the month.

This month I have already spent
$14.00 at Publix
$11.92 at Kroger
$30.91 at Kroger
and some at the Wags - but paid with GC

so is my OOP $56.83
or is it $250.00 less the $56.83 = $193.17

BTW - I'm in for the month. lol

cody82414
01-07-2010, 09:00:46 AM
I think so.

So this month I would have:
$12 RR
$4 ecb
$32 GC to Wags
$250.00 cash on hand

My budget is really to see how well I can do this month compared to before. Last month I did very good because there were no deals. I will try to do $150 for the month.

This month I have already spent
$14.00 at Publix
$11.92 at Kroger
$30.91 at Kroger
and some at the Wags - but paid with GC

so is my OOP $56.83
or is it $250.00 less the $56.83 = $193.17

BTW - I'm in for the month. lol

If you used your cash on hand (which was the amaZING profit you made last month), to pay for Publix and Kroger, you would still be at 0.00 oop.
Your cash at hand simply goes down by 56.83. IF you use the remainder of your cash at hand (or $193.17) throughout the month, you would then start to count that money as out of pocket or red.

Now......

If you have rebates come in this month,
or sell your stockpile,
or do surveys and get paid,
then that money would be a profit for this month.

cody82414
01-07-2010, 09:11:36 AM
What I am starting week 2 with:

$2.91 Ppef
0 Stamps
0.00 RRs
$24.90 Ecbs
$17.16 Cash on hand
2, $10 kellogg’s rewards cards
uncashed rebate checks totaling $35.00

to1drland
01-07-2010, 09:25:04 AM
If you used your cash on hand (which was the amaZING profit you made last month), to pay for Publix and Kroger, you would still be at 0.00 oop.
Your cash at hand simply goes down by 56.83. IF you use the remainder of your cash at hand (or $193.17) throughout the month, you would then start to count that money as out of pocket or red.

you lost me!
round here $1 cash spent is $1 cash spent-it doesn't matter where it came from. I only DON'T ad it to oop if it was from RR, ECB , GC. Am I doing it wrong? or am I just confusing myself?:confused58:

on another note-
It's still snowing here, about 6 inches so far. Thinkin' I'll just stay home today. need milk, eggs and EVOO- but not that badly.

b- cereal & OJ
l-smoked chicken, mixed veges, beer bread & garlic mashed taters
d-LO's (both of us)
s- clementines and cheese/crackers

mail will be late today- always is when it snows- we're the last to get our street plowed round here:rolleyes24:

need to get some shredded pork used up from the freezer this wkend, any ideas what to do w/ it? kinda tired of bbq pork sandwiches already.:shrug7:

to1drland
01-07-2010, 09:32:24 AM
you lost me!
round here $1 cash spent is $1 cash spent-it doesn't matter where it came from. I only DON'T ad it to oop if it was from RR, ECB , GC. Am I doing it wrong? or am I just confusing myself?:confused58:

ok- I think I might understand what you were talking bout-

ie:you get $10 rebate check- rather than deducting from your oop you just cash it, and it is your "cash on hand"?????? is that correct?

Domestic Gal
01-07-2010, 10:10:30 AM
I am still in it ladies.
It is just that I have not stepped foot into a store for 9 days.
So no OOP for me yet.
In fact the only money I have spent this year is $16 for gas. (used $1 off gallon coupon from krogers for buying giftcards to christmas shop)
We are on day 2 of snow days here so that means no shopping. We will more than likely have another snow day tom. as the wind chill is suppose to be -40 below for Friday and Saturday. So I will probably not shop until Sunday.
Saving gas
Saving money
Use it up, wear it out, Make it do, or Due without is my motto this year.

I have been trying to use up all of the free samples/trial sizes the past month. Still have lots to use up. I may not like them as well as my favorite brands but I want them out of here taking up space for the things I like.
Seems like all of the trial size shampoo /conditioners/ lotions are breeding. I use one up and it seems like they have multiplied since the last time I looked.

to1drland
01-07-2010, 10:15:18 AM
Seems like all of the trial size shampoo /conditioners/ lotions are breeding. I use one up and it seems like they have multiplied since the last time I looked.

if only we could get money to do this!

junebug30523
01-07-2010, 10:23:18 AM
[quote=Domestic Gal;2212364]Use it up, wear it out, Make it do, or Due without is my motto this year./quote]

Love your motto!:BigHand:

cody82414
01-07-2010, 10:34:59 AM
ok- I think I might understand what you were talking bout-

ie:you get $10 rebate check- rather than deducting from your oop you just cash it, and it is your "cash on hand"?????? is that correct?

yes!!

Yeah.

I KNOW it is confusing,
but what we don't want is "double-dipping", or counting it twice.
So you either cash it and say it's oop
or credit it to your oop and then count it as spent.

But not both.

I hope I said that right:hectic1:

rtnrjk
01-07-2010, 10:39:57 AM
[quote=Domestic Gal;2212364]Use it up, wear it out, Make it do, or Due without is my motto this year./quote]

Love Love Love it

I think the cold weather has kept me out of the stores. I've only been once so far.
I did buy a $3 lunch at work so my oop is $82 still under my 1 week allowance.

Breakfast as always oatmeal, cereal, waffles
Lunch turkey sandwich with veggie dip side
dinner cornmeal chicken bake with veggies
snack nuts and apples

latte
01-07-2010, 10:43:07 AM
16.00 at albertsons last week ( meats)
4.00 dollar store ( frozen fruit)
25.00 winco ( random assorted stuff, milk, hotpockets, wine)

all spending from last week that never got posted

400-45=355 left for the month (feeding extra people this month)

cody82414
01-07-2010, 10:44:17 AM
I am still in it ladies.
It is just that I have not stepped foot into a store for 9 days.
So no OOP for me yet.
In fact the only money I have spent this year is $16 for gas. (used $1 off gallon coupon from krogers for buying giftcards to christmas shop)
We are on day 2 of snow days here so that means no shopping. We will more than likely have another snow day tom. as the wind chill is suppose to be -40 below for Friday and Saturday. So I will probably not shop until Sunday.
Saving gas
Saving money

I have been trying to use up all of the free samples/trial sizes the past month. Still have lots to use up. I may not like them as well as my favorite brands but I want them out of here taking up space for the things I like.

My hero!:BigHand:
WOW!!
I love your attitude!!!

kandpsmom
01-07-2010, 10:55:43 AM
$2.37 oop for 5 All and 1 Mentos at CVS, mostly tax

I shouldn't have any more oop atleast for a few days

B-Cereal
L-Sandwiches
dinner will be football food- big pot of chili and nachos

oh and it's snowing in AL for over an hour now. I checked dd out a few minutes early because I was not even standing in the snow with ds.

cody82414
01-07-2010, 11:01:11 AM
$2.37 oop for 5 All and 1 Mentos at CVS, mostly tax

did you use your coupons with a X/XX
or just ecbs?

kandpsmom
01-07-2010, 11:18:32 AM
did you use your coupons with a X/XX
or just ecbs?

I used 5 $2/1 All and 10.50 ecbs. I haven't seen a $/$$ in a loooooong time.

I have 0 now but we were on our last bottle of detergent so I'm ok with it

cody82414
01-07-2010, 11:31:44 AM
I used 5 $2/1 All and 10.50 ecbs. I haven't seen a $/$$ in a loooooong time.

I have 0 now but we were on our last bottle of detergent so I'm ok with it

That was my next question:giggle2:
I was going to ask you to drop me the name of the person you got the x/xx from :biggrin:

annachon
01-07-2010, 11:34:20 AM
Went to the commissary to get WIC, and found a nice cut of meat in the reduced bin. I resisted the urge to really shop.:biggrin: Today's oop is 1.39.

saving-n-va
01-07-2010, 11:45:09 AM
Well I opted not to go to Harris Teeter today. Yes even with super doubles going on. Maybe I'll go this weekend - maybe not. After talking with my college counselor (yeah, college at 40 something years old!) I decided to get busy on schoolwork and organizing for the "final few laps" of schooling. Its mostly online, I will be going into the classroom this term though. (El. Ed. degree). So I need to get and keep things organized better from here on out.

So no errands = no OOP today hopefully.

B-waffles
L - ? I'll find something around here to eat
D - Bowling league night, will eat on the way..different "envelope" so doesn't count for the challenge
S - probably nothing

I am actually still working on the excess money from last month, but didn't realize I could count that as "green" in the totals. Oh well, no biggie.

jenrose
01-07-2010, 12:05:36 PM
Well I hit Safeway and Albertsons. I wish I had more kid free/fewer to get more stores hit in one outing but I make due with what time I have. It is rare for me to be without kids at the store but I try to do as much as I can when I only have 1 instead of 2. Although it isn't too easy since DS2 is now potty trained and has to hit the potty several times in an outing. :hectic1:

I'll update my totals after I get back from picking up DS from Preschool.

I hope everyones weather gets better soon. You all need to make more shopping trips so my total doesn't look quite as bad already :whistle67:. I don't have bad weather to keep me out of the stores. :wink7:

nateNnatsmommy
01-07-2010, 12:07:39 PM
Upset with DH last night, so treated myself to more retail therapy:

Alb $.84
Wags $1.48
Found $.25 in alb parking lot

New monthly oop: -$27.28

cody82414
01-07-2010, 12:27:12 PM
I am actually still working on the excess money from last month, but didn't realize I could count that as "green" in the totals. Oh well, no biggie.

No, you don't count it as green again for this month.
But you can use it this month and not have to put red in your total until it is gone. If that is what you choose to do with it.

Make sense??

Lucky1307
01-07-2010, 12:47:39 PM
mail will be late today- always is when it snows- we're the last to get our street plowed round here:rolleyes24:

What's a plow? We got somewhere bewteen 5-6 inches and SO will go plow us out because with the blowing crews won't hit us until Sat or Sun.
Also they are almost out of the budgeted money for this year and it's barely into Jan!

Love the new motto! We have been using through the trial bottles because at one time there were 11 different bottles in the tub. I can't waste so if it's been opened they are going to use it~ plus they are too lazy to walk into the other room to get a bottle they do like.

Upset with DH last night, so treated myself to more retail therapy:

Suppose it's the weather, the moon..pms? Does everything really need to be a debate? I will be doing a little on-shopping today.

Beyond freezing, more snow and everyone is stuck inside...oh joy. DS and I made chocolate chip cookies from the jars sissy gave us at Christmas. Then we made the LAST(oh the horror) breakfast pizza for breakfast.

to1drland
01-07-2010, 01:02:33 PM
What's a plow? We got somewhere bewteen 5-6 inches and SO will go plow us out because with the blowing crews won't hit us until Sat or Sun.
Also they are almost out of the budgeted money for this year and it's barely into Jan!

actually we didn't get the plow- it was a grader today, must be pulling out anything they can to clear the streets. From the looks of your new avatar, I'd say you have some good help over that way!:wink7: I saw lots of the highways in western side are already closing. Gotta love old man winter!:rolleyes24:

mail just came- nothing good...seed catalogs, yr. end bank statements & hellman's mayo samples- strange!:shrug7:

cody82414
01-07-2010, 01:19:30 PM
neighbor came with his tractor and dug through the road (we live on gravel and our township seems to forget about us too) AND did the driveway!!

I think I'll just allow DH to believe that I got my scrawny hiney out there with the shovel :wink7:

jenrose
01-07-2010, 01:26:55 PM
OK, I just pulled out my receipts from today. I really wish I was better at this by now. But I really do try.

Safeway:
4 NV Granola Bars
2 Loafs Bread
1 Gallon Milk
1 18pk eggs
1 String Cheese
2lbs Cheddar Cheese
3 Ragu (Hmmmm. 2 rang up at $2 and the third rang up $1.50)
Total OOP: 19.80 :rolleyes24:

Albertsons:
1 bag Tortilla chips
1 Little Debbie Cupcakes (had free Q)
1 Shake & Pour Pancake
2 BC Fruit snacks (is there still a OYNO on fruit snacks? I may have blew that one)
3 NV Nut Clusters
1 Gummy bag candy
2 Yo+
2 GG Vegies
1 Toaster Strudell (Just realized my Q for this was still in my sorter, missed it :rolleyes24:)
Used $10 GC from coinstar + total OOP: 7.76

At least I got back a couple OYNO's to use on my next run. I am so not focused lately. I'll blame it on having kids with me (although when I'm without kids I'm not any better)

jeweltea
01-07-2010, 01:28:45 PM
Went to Harris Teeter and Aldi today and spent $17.91. So my total for the month is $53.06

I have enough good coupons for one more trip to Harris Teeter for mostly free stuff. I probably won't make it until Monday though since DH is off half day tomorrow.

We are supposed to get a little snow tonight too.
Doris

frugalstafar
01-07-2010, 01:39:22 PM
oh man I really need to stop shopping but its all just so much more fum than staying home and cleaning!

todays oop:
Giant $5.99oop chips for kids lunches
walgreens $2.77oop after $5 rr for 3 ALL detergants and 1 chapstick (wanted electrasol but they were sold out)
cvs $1.16oop for 4 power bars had to complete for my ecb (earned $5ecb) one all and one bag of hersheys chocolates (45 calories per square)
Walmart $1.91oop for 2 snuggle softners and 2 cans beef broth

All total oop $11.83:whistle67:$300 budget looking shaky!!

tonights dinner vegetable beef soup from the roast that never ends I bought a few days ago-really it was 6 pounds-I cut it in half put that in the freezer-cooked the other half and we had it for dinner-then one breakfast for me (I know a bit weird but why not), now its in a huge pot of soup and still enough left for another dinner. I think I'm going to grind it up and mexican spice it, I'll use it for tacos or quesidillas.

junebug30523
01-07-2010, 01:51:20 PM
It is now officially snowing here...there will be a run at Publix tonight!

latte
01-07-2010, 03:14:10 PM
If anyone was curious as to why my totals are exact dollar amounts instead of change added, the change is used for my bus far, and i just cant keep good enough track to keep those 2 separate

saving-n-va
01-07-2010, 03:30:56 PM
No, you don't count it as green again for this month.
But you can use it this month and not have to put red in your total until it is gone. If that is what you choose to do with it.

Make sense??

Oh ok got it! I'll just start that next month if I have excess, since its a new year and all. See how much I can save from our alloted budget for the whole year that way.

mymy33
01-07-2010, 04:05:41 PM
Sorry if this is OT but since I've been seeing you guys post your menus and stuff daily I was wondering if any of you do meal planning. As in planning out a schedule of what you're going to eat for 2 weeks or even a month. I want to do something like this because supposedly it's a real money saver but I have no idea how to start. Any tips?

jenrose
01-07-2010, 04:16:10 PM
I think we will be having fast food for dinner tomorrow. I will be in a time crunch and need a grab & go meal. Which will mean more OOP :rolleyes24: My total is not looking too good for so early in the month. I sure hope I can pull this off this month. :hectic1:

SLP99
01-07-2010, 04:26:51 PM
I couldn't help myself this morning...I picked up a Birthday card for a co-worker this morning at Acme and paid $5.29!!!!!! Not good, but it was soooo funny:hysterical:! Oh, well....so I'm down to $70.29 out of my original $100 budget. I now find myself going to my mailbox muttering, big money, big money, big money...where are those rebates???? :giggle2:

frugalstafar
01-07-2010, 04:38:42 PM
Meal planning does save time and money-I try to do it for a week at a time but don't always get to it. I try for 1-2 meatless meals each week, and then vary chicken, pork, beef and seafood. I try one new recipe each week. There is a ton of info on the net about how to do it.

cody82414
01-07-2010, 04:47:24 PM
Oh ok got it! I'll just start that next month if I have excess, since its a new year and all. See how much I can save from our alloted budget for the whole year that way.

Exactly!

Just to try to encourage you,
I saved up $6500.00+ the first 12 months I couponed!!:smile:

Then I handed it over to DH in one lump sum and he hasn't complained about my being a tightwad since then.
And he takes his lunch now too:wink7:

cody82414
01-07-2010, 04:48:48 PM
I couldn't help myself this morning...I picked up a Birthday card for a co-worker this morning at Acme and paid $5.29!!!!!! Not good, but it was soooo funny:hysterical:! Oh, well....so I'm down to $70.29 out of my original $100 budget. I now find myself going to my mailbox muttering, big money, big money, big money...where are those rebates???? :giggle2:

(I laughed out loud at this!!):hysterical:

junebug30523
01-07-2010, 05:02:19 PM
Received a $70 Visa Card rebate from McAfee today. Not counting it though (even though it would put me in the green) as I'm saving it for our Disney World vacation...unless I get desperate!

amys
01-07-2010, 05:05:41 PM
Spent

$5.13 at Walgreens - Clearance and such
$6.15 at Walgreens - for the Finish (I could roll my RR)

now have $10 more in RR

11.28 to my OOP

to keep it simple for me - I am just going to keep track of my OOP - even if I have a profit from last month. This makes it easier to know what I actually am spending.

If I do have a profit, I will still add it to my totals (subtract) - but I am doing is going into my budget, but it doesn't mean I get to spend more any given month - just that I have the pad there if I need it.

DebK1013
01-07-2010, 05:12:56 PM
Wags 26.77 earned $7 in RR's
Picked up milk 2.99 for a total of $29.76

My son took me to Panera for dinner. Nice treat!

Total OOP for the month is $106.38.

amys
01-07-2010, 05:25:01 PM
So, I think that puts me at:
$22 RR
$4 ecb

$68.11 oop

kandpsmom
01-07-2010, 05:25:44 PM
I ended up making soft tacos instead of chili for dinner since it dawned on me that dh can't eat crackers yet...

I amso ready for bedtime. My kids are driving me crazy and I know dh isn't going to let them sleep until the game is over. I wish I had somewhere I could take them run around and burn some energy. I hate winter. Ds has been torturing the dog and his sister all afternoon and he's had 2 accidents right infront of the toilet because he was so busy torturing the dog he waited til the last second to go potty.

GE coupon chick
01-07-2010, 05:25:59 PM
Went shoping with hubby today at walmart and dollar general! $35.05 total oop.

Dollar general
13 boxes of finish $39.00
25 bottles all $100.00
19 crest travel white strips $54.00
10 bags of baked lays chips $25.00
10 2 lt pepsi products $12.50
17 dawn $21.25
subtotal $251.75

coupons used
13 $2.50 finish $32.50
1 1.50 of finish dg red taged 3 missing $1.50
25 $2.00 all $50.00
19 $7.00 any crest strips $133.00
10 $1.00 baked lays $10.00
5 $2.00 off 2 lays and 2 pepsi products $10.00
10 $1.00 of any pepsi product (sorry I just went to my car I forgot about useing the coupon and was going from memory. My sister was in a bad car accident and my brain wasn't working I guess ehn i was trying to rem. I got these coupons for a custmer complaint. My daughter cut her self on a can bad and 6 of my cans were empty in that case sorry)
17 0.25 dawn coupons $4.25
total coupons $251.25

SO $0.50 OOP:BigHand:

WALMART
produce, fruit and bread total $34.55

So total oop today $35.05 :shrug7: I HATE MY NO WINE TAG STATE

cody82414
01-07-2010, 05:32:11 PM
Apparently DG allows overage ?????
I had no idea!

(see! an old dog can learn new tricks!!)

Dollar general
25 bottles all $100.00
17 dawn $21.25
subtotal $251.75

coupons used
13 $2.50 finish $32.50
25 $2.00 all $50.00
10 $2.00 off 2 lays and 2 pepsi products $20.00
total coupons $251.25

WALMART

mymy33
01-07-2010, 05:40:36 PM

Dollar general
25 bottles all $100.00
17 dawn $21.25
subtotal $251.75

coupons used
13 $2.50 finish $32.50
25 $2.00 all $50.00
total coupons $251.25

WALMART

Wow! Great job! The DG employees at my store would probably pass out (and I mean literally pass out) if I tried a transaction like this :biggrin: They're not very coupon friendly.

shnnwebster
01-07-2010, 05:52:18 PM
Finally a no oop day the snow helped at lot didn't leave the house no school today and tomorrow. Gotta love snow in Alabama! At least the mail ran got a 5.00 turkey rebate. New oop 39.86-5.00=34.86. My husband said if he knew it would make me so happy to get 5.00 in mail he would have sent me 5.00 a long time ago.lol

cjpsmom
01-07-2010, 06:16:46 PM
:BigHand::BigHand:I would have never been allowed to do this-the mgr is a tetotal bitty. Way to go though!!

Dollar general
25 bottles all $100.00
17 dawn $21.25
subtotal $251.75

coupons used
13 $2.50 finish $32.50
25 $2.00 all $50.00
total coupons $251.25

WALMART

to1drland
01-07-2010, 06:17:13 PM
Received a $70 Visa Card rebate from McAfee today. Not counting it though (even though it would put me in the green) as I'm saving it for our Disney World vacation...unless I get desperate!

just an fyi- make sure you check expiration date- before you decide what to do w/ it- I lost a $50 one because it expired the wk before our vacation to mexico. never thought to check for expire date- think most are good for 6 mos- 1 yr.

GE coupon chick
01-07-2010, 06:18:37 PM
YEAH THEY DO! My mom works at my dg and I am friends with the manager I give her some of my deal items as presents. We actually went over the coupon policy together so we both understood all of it.

cjpsmom
01-07-2010, 06:19:16 PM
Then I handed it over to DH in one lump sum and he hasn't complained about my being a tightwad since then.

:evillaugh1:I see the puppet master hasn't lost her touch...

to1drland
01-07-2010, 06:27:31 PM

Dollar general
25 bottles all $100.00
17 dawn $21.25
subtotal $251.75

coupons used
13 $2.50 finish $32.50
25 $2.00 all $50.00
total coupons $251.25

WALMART

awesome job!

If you bought 10 pepsi & 10 chips- shouldn't you have only used 5 of the $2 on 2 chips and 2 pepsi? I think you might have gotten a better deal than even you were expecting!:BigHand:

Can't decide- cheer for Horns or Tide???? We like TX- but thinkin' Tide deserves it more! ( after all Tx almost lost to the huskers)

cjpsmom
01-07-2010, 06:32:15 PM
:wavehi:Just wanted to pop in and tell y'all...Y'all are doin' great this month!!:BigHand::BigHand: I'm hopin' to join back in next month when maybe things aren't sooo hectic for me.
I didn't even know q's came out last week.:shrug7: Isn't that pathetic?
Anywho...have fun and I'm really missin' my cyber-pals.:sad: Don't forget about me! (name that tune, artist and movie Cody-HA!) See Ya!:wavehi:

cjpsmom
01-07-2010, 06:33:29 PM
awesome job!

If you bought 10 pepsi & 10 chips- shouldn't you have only used 5 of the $2 on 2 chips and 2 pepsi? I think you might have gotten a better deal than even you were expecting!:BigHand:

Can't decide- cheer for Horns or Tide???? We like TX- but thinkin' Tide deserves it more! ( after all Tx almost lost to the huskers)

Easy....ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

to1drland
01-07-2010, 06:36:39 PM
Easy....ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

I knew YOU would say that!:wavehi:

junebug30523
01-07-2010, 06:59:54 PM
just an fyi- make sure you check expiration date- before you decide what to do w/ it- I lost a $50 one because it expired the wk before our vacation to mexico. never thought to check for expire date- think most are good for 6 mos- 1 yr.

No expiration date, but it does charge a $3 monthly "maintenance fee":rolleyes24: after 6 months.

saving-n-va
01-07-2010, 07:36:17 PM
Exactly!

Just to try to encourage you,
I saved up $6500.00+ the first 12 months I couponed!!:smile:

Oh it wouldn't be anywhere near that much as we only budget $250 for grocery/hba anyway. But an extra $1000 at the end of the year would sure come in handy. I've already cut our grocery/hba budget in half since couponing. (going on 3rd year). And we eat better and have more stocked than ever. Sure wish I had done this when the kids were small and at home.

DH is already on board with it and can even do his own deals. He figures the deals before I can get the ads from him on Sunday. LOL. He is the one that does the accounting in the family so he has seen how much I've saved us on the household/food stuff.

Domestic Gal
01-07-2010, 07:42:36 PM

Dollar general
25 bottles all $100.00
17 dawn $21.25
subtotal $251.75

coupons used
13 $2.50 finish $32.50
25 $2.00 all $50.00
total coupons $251.25

WALMART

You have no tax in your state?? Wow where do you live so I can plan to retire there.

Lucky1307
01-07-2010, 07:42:48 PM
DS and I deep cleaned the bathroom and hallway today, think he wishes he was in school? Starting unpacking and washes my new dishes only to find that the last bowl has a huge chip in it. Called Walmart and the lady was beyond rude~ I just want to take the broken bowl in what I'll haul the entire set in if I have too. DS and I used his Big Top Cupcake tonight he is so proud of his giant cupcake! Him and SO are watching BOLT. My dad is taking the boys to Monster Jam in Des Moines tomorrow night. There is no school again tomorrow and DS's eye appointment was moved from today to tomorrow because of the road conditions. I hope the roads clear up before then.

Breakfast= pizza
Supper= Tuna and Noodles, peas and biscuits
Snacks= cup cake with butterscotch filling and fruit(gasp...I can't believe they are eating healthy)

saving-n-va
01-07-2010, 07:43:53 PM
Sorry if this is OT but since I've been seeing you guys post your menus and stuff daily I was wondering if any of you do meal planning. As in planning out a schedule of what you're going to eat for 2 weeks or even a month. I want to do something like this because supposedly it's a real money saver but I have no idea how to start. Any tips?

Oh I've been a meal planner all my married life. (24 years!!). IF you are couponing, plan your meals around what you have first. If you haven't gotten a stockpile built up yet, plan according to the ads. If chicken is on sale, have a couple meals of chicken. Start slow, a few days or a week at a time. It really will save you money by not running to the store several times a week.

I try to keep it varied, red meat one night, fish, chicken, meatless (beans, burritos etc). Since I'm doing the challenge this month, I'm TRYING to use what I already have and get some stock rotated. I have a cheapo wipe off calendar I got at CVS for like a $1 or $2. I write meal ideas down on the days, trying to keep it varied for the month. (again -start with a week, and build from there though). If I decide I don't want to cook what is on the menu that night, I just switch it with another night. Or like this month DH found a deal on good ground beef at the commissary, so he brought some home the other night. So I changed our menu for this weekend to make some meatball subs instead of what I had planned. Make sense???

Hope that helps! Its been a real money and time saver for me throughout the years.

phinphana
01-07-2010, 07:49:24 PM
Yesterday and today hopping:

Stater bro 2 trips: #1: $6.72 got 3 All 2x degt+3 Juice saved $7.50 and $15 sales
#2:$4.75 All 2x degt+1 Juice saved 7.50 and 10.99 sales

CVS: $ 0.35 got 1 Nivea used 4.99 ECB
Chinese Groscery : $ 2.72 no saving lol

B: Peanut butter honey toasts+milk
L:none starved I was volunteering at my DS school
D:Eat out $ 20

Total : $ 34.54

Total spending as of 1/7/10 $ 55.71

Phin

ComeOnGetDown
01-07-2010, 07:58:08 PM
no snow here, but all the news/weather channels are talking about the "winter storm" and it's really getting on my nerves. it's super windy though, which is cool because i like to listen to my wind chimes :)

no oop today

i even went to Michaels with a friend and didn't buy anything! i've got will power today. :) i did go to CVS but b/c of ECBs and GCs i had no oop.

thl
01-07-2010, 08:18:04 PM
Well, I thought I'd enjoy the ball game tonight and total up my receipts tomorrow, but . . . it's not much of a game anymore without Colt McCoy. Too bad--half of Alabama and Florida are leaving off their blues tonight and just wearing orange--but it's not helping poor Texas!

No oop on Tuesday! Lunch with Bible study and salmon patties for dinner from stockpile!

Wednesday--had a friend spend the morning here, so no oop until evening when we were almost out of milk and coffee (gasp!) So after church I stopped by Walgreens and spent $2.67 and $8.50 in RR on Maxwell House coffee, a Bayer monitor and two Bayer quick release crystals. Got back $11 in RR, so $15 RR total now.

Then went to Publix for milk, etc. and spent $4.31 on:

1 gallon milk
1/2 gallon soymilk
1 loaf bread (and boy was it cleaned out!)
1.65 lbs. bananas
3 lbs. tangerines
4 jars Peter Pan peanut butter
2 Benevia juice 4-pks.
4 chewable Bayer aspirin

Today I had to go back to Publix to stock up on that peanut butter while the store by my house will still allow pharmacy coupons as competitors (new manager coming Saturday), so I spent $4.80 on:

10 Peter Pan peanut butters
2 Benevia juice 4-packs
4 Bayer chewable aspirins
1 Carnation Instant Breakfast 10-pack

And back tonight for fried chicken for supper! Spent $5.98 on

8-pc. fried chicken (my Publix makes the best! and all those great deli rebates out right now!)
4 Peter Pan peanut butters
4 Sundown vitamins
4 Aleve 24-count packages

But I sent out $155.00 in rebates today! And will send $40 tomorrow! Also got some Paypal for rebate trades! And I have about 4 months' worth of peanut butter! Now if only the ball game were going a little better . . .

kbullsexy07
01-07-2010, 08:50:53 PM
OOP so far.. $52.15brought lunch to work today, and eating at home tonightwent to walmart and bought a package of nutty bars, 2 welchs sparkling grape juice and a box of snuggle..spent 3.06OOP 55.21

nateNnatsmommy
01-07-2010, 10:16:29 PM
So jealous of you guys with snow! Does anyone know if we're getting a P&G insert on 1/17?

Lucky1307
01-07-2010, 10:41:27 PM
So jealous of you guys with snow! Does anyone know if we're getting a P&G insert on 1/17?

Please come take some...all you want, I have plenty!

puakinikini
01-07-2010, 11:04:33 PM
No money spent the last couple days - but I will need to shop this weekend. Doing good eating at home:
B: cereal and fruit
L: salad with tuna
D: eggs and 2 pancakes (kids favorite)

tammymv
01-07-2010, 11:12:50 PM
I've received a 20.00 + a 5.00 coupons (rebates) to be used at Rite-Aid since the New Year. Today I went to Walgreens & bought the Electrosal dishwasher detergent+ coupon for a total of 1.20 & received 1 RR for 1.00 which I spent on a loaf of bread for .55 . Grand total oop 1.75 !! So far so good !

Homeschoolmomof3
01-08-2010, 05:42:22 AM
I'm working 9-7 today, will need to stop and get milk at some point, but dh is picking me up from work. I also want to grab 4 more boxes of GM cereal at Meijer, even though we really don't "need" cereal, it will be .50 a box, which is pretty darned good!
Have a great one everyone!

cody82414
01-08-2010, 07:05:22 AM
:sad: Don't forget about me! (name that tune, artist and movie Cody-HA!) See Ya!:wavehi:

"Don't you,
forget about me,
Don't don't don't don't....":smile:
movie: The Breakfast Club
artist: Simple Minds

Weinergirl
01-08-2010, 07:09:27 AM
DH stopped at the store for milk yesterday and spent $6.37 oop. Because of course he had to buy cookie mix and didn't use a coupon even though I have 5 of them in my coupon organizer. *sigh* That's the surcharge I pay for the convenience of not going to the store myself, he always picks up "extras."

cody82414
01-08-2010, 07:16:49 AM
Oh it wouldn't be anywhere near that much as we only budget $250 for grocery/hba anyway. But an extra $1000 at the end of the year would sure come in handy. I've already cut our grocery/hba budget in half since couponing. (going on 3rd year). And we eat better and have more stocked than ever. Sure wish I had done this when the kids were small and at home.

DH is already on board with it and can even do his own deals. He figures the deals before I can get the ads from him on Sunday. LOL. He is the one that does the accounting in the family so he has seen how much I've saved us on the household/food stuff.

Awesome!
Way to go:BigHand:

cody82414
01-08-2010, 07:21:51 AM
DS and I deep cleaned the bathroom and hallway today, think he wishes he was in school? Starting unpacking and washes my new dishes only to find that the last bowl has a huge chip in it. Called Walmart and the lady was beyond rude~ I just want to take the broken bowl in what I'll haul the entire set in if I have too. DS and I used his Big Top Cupcake tonight he is so proud of his giant cupcake! Him and SO are watching BOLT. My dad is taking the boys to Monster Jam in Des Moines tomorrow night. There is no school again tomorrow and DS's eye appointment was moved from today to tomorrow because of the road conditions. I hope the roads clear up before then.

Breakfast= pizza
Supper= Tuna and Noodles, peas and biscuits
Snacks= cup cake with butterscotch filling and fruit(gasp...I can't believe they are eating healthy)

All of us in this "area" seriously need to plan to get together at the Fair next year

cody82414
01-08-2010, 07:27:09 AM
no oop today

i even went to Michaels with a friend and didn't buy anything! i've got will power today. :) i did go to CVS but b/c of ECBs and GCs i had no oop.

this is SO empowering!
It doesn't happwen often,
but when it does...
you deserve a pat of the back!!!

mymy33
01-08-2010, 07:33:14 AM
I forgot to report my OOP for yesterday:

$9.82 at Acme
$1.36 at CVS
$2.94 at Walgreens

for a total $14.12 but I cornered my aunt and made her buy all the Chips Ahoy I have been buying at Walgreens for the $20 Nabisco rebate. Since she's family I gave her a discount :giggle2: and sold her 10 boxes at $.50 apiece so $5.00 incoming so my net OOP was $9.12.

Thanks for the meal planning tips, I guess I just have to buckle down and do it.

kandpsmom
01-08-2010, 07:36:28 AM
"Don't you,
forget about me,
Now this song will be stuck in my head all day

GE coupon chick
01-08-2010, 07:38:21 AM
Hey guys sorry i fixed my dg post same out of pocket but put in to many $2/2 lays and 2 pepsi and totally forgot about the $1.00 any pepsi product i used I got those from pepsi when my daughter cut her finger bad on an UNOPENED car :shrug7:. I just found my recipt for dg and relized what i did typing it here so oop still the same just forgot a coupon and said i used to many of 1. My sister was in an accident yesterday and i was shopping to keep my mind off it all i guess i had my mind to far away:giggle2::hysterical:.
I live in pa and the retailer can choose to give you a tax break if they want. they apply through the pa state tax place and if they have enough sales they can only tax you on the post coupon amount. See corprate owned GE still tax u full, but privatly owned ones in my area have the post coupon tax break(there was an artical in the post gazette about this like 2 weeks ago). So one more reward in PA for useing coupons.:BigHand:

to1drland
01-08-2010, 07:42:06 AM
All of us in this "area" seriously need to plan to get together at the Fair next year

But- can't we go to a fair in a city that has double Q's?? I love the state fair here- but it's always so blasted hot by then! and I see the fair is kinda late in the summer this yr. (Aug. 13th-23rd)- heck the kids will be back in school right after it!

me too! I had already started when cjp posted before the game last night- now it's back again!:shrug7:

by the way cjp- "CONGRATS" TO YOUR TIDE!:BigHand:

My sister was in an accident yesterday and i was shopping to keep my mind off it all i guess i had my mind to far away:giggle2::hysterical:.

hope she is ok!

cjpsmom
01-08-2010, 08:12:54 AM
"Don't you,
forget about me,

I knew you wouldn't let me down!!!:BigHand:

You're welcome!!:giggle2:

GE coupon chick
01-08-2010, 08:20:32 AM
Sorry yes she is fine. Her best friend died in the crash and her other friend was seriously hurt. It was dark in the morning and the were driving past a scrap yard and a tractor trailor truck box was in there lane side ways but the cab was facing completly forwards so it looked like it was in the other lane till they drove strait into the back end of the trailor. They were in a big suv and the winshield was hit first because of how high these rolloff tractor trailors are up here. thankfully my sister was in the back. she got beat up black and blue and scraped up but her only real injury is a gash in her head from flying glass. Her biggest problem now is the mental part so hopefully they dont find ptsd and she can come home today. Thank you for your concern.

mymy33
01-08-2010, 08:26:58 AM
Sorry yes she is fine. Her best friend died in the crash and her other friend was seriously hurt. It was dark in the morning and the were driving past a scrap yard and a tractor trailor truck box was in there lane side ways but the cab was facing completly forwards so it looked like it was in the other lane till they drove strait into the back end of the trailor. They were in a big suv and the winshield was hit first because of how high these rolloff tractor trailors are up here. thankfully my sister was in the back. she got beat up black and blue and scraped up but her only real injury is a gash in her head from flying glass. Her biggest problem now is the mental part so hopefully they dont find ptsd and she can come home today. Thank you for your concern.

I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers will be with your sister and your family today :hug29:

to1drland
01-08-2010, 08:28:01 AM

OMG! My thoughts and prayers are w/ her!:smile:

jeweltea
01-08-2010, 08:59:19 AM
Went to Harris Teeter again for more super doubles. I think I have used most of my good coupons there and unless there are a lot of good ones on Sunday, I won't go back. I spent $13.87. Seemed like there were a lot of good deals there this time. I also forgot that I ran to the store late last night and spent another $4.17 so my total for the month is now $71.10 but I am really stocked up on some things that we were low on.

Cold and snowy here today so I made a big pot of vegetable soup in the crock pot. There is enough for at least tomorrow too.
Doris

kbullsexy07
01-08-2010, 09:21:20 AM
$55.21.. 4 juices and energy drinks and walmart $ 10.53found $10 in WALMART parking lot $55.74

kandpsmom
01-08-2010, 09:28:57 AM
ugh go way cold weather! on the other hand it's keeping me from spending money because I REALLY want Milo's right now but I do not want it bad enough to go out in the 14 degree weather. All the schools in our area are closed except dd's :rolleyes24: They went in at 10 and it will not surprise me one bit if I get a call saying they're closing at 11. You know it's cold when a 2 yo wants to wear his mittens and scarf.

kandpsmom
01-08-2010, 09:31:47 AM

I am so sorry to hear that! I can only imagine what she's going through. Prayers for her.

cody82414
01-08-2010, 09:41:01 AM

that is awful.
We will be praying for everyone involved.:sad:

Zwella Ingrid
01-08-2010, 09:47:30 AM
Hey everybody, the week has flown by without me posting, so I thought I better hurry up and get on board before I get too far behind. I have spent $93.00 dollars so far, which is way over where I wanted to be after one week, but it did include a $12 waffle maker that I had my eye on-50% off at Krogers. I probably should have hung on to see if it dropped lower, but it seems that every time I do that, they are gone before I can get one. I really wanted one, so I took the plunge. My total also included some unplanned meal expenses. My DH wanted to invite his Dad over for ham and beans, and I didn't have any ingredients for that particular meal, and I wasn't coupon ready to do it, so that hurt me too. (Back to the waffles...) I had purchased some waffle mix at the store, and made them for supper last night along with bacon and eggs, but I didn't care much for them. I like waffles to be light and crispy, and these were thick and soft. Does anyone have a waffle recipe to share that produces light, crispy waffles? I would very much appreciate it you would share it.
The weather is freezing here, and it is supposed to be bitter cold this weekend. Makes it easier to resist shopping! Lots of snow too. All the more reason to stay out of the stores. I hope that Krogers doesn't lead me down an evil path of spending by pulling a megasaver anytime soon, or I could be in trouble. Anxious to catch up on reading the posts, so I will post as I read.

GE coupon chick
01-08-2010, 09:51:51 AM
Thank you guys for you prayers.
I was just looking through the dg coupons this month and I wanted to let you all with dgs know that the $1.00 of any johnson's baby product has no size and no product restriction. It even says on the back redeem at food, drug or discount stores accepting coupons. So free johnsons buddies and wont it make travel sizes free or cheep. Now all I need to know is what other baby products does johnsons make since its any baby product WIPES? i can hope:dance7::dance43::hd2::dance43::dance7:
:excited1:

Lucky1307
01-08-2010, 09:52:17 AM

That would be a blast!

But- can't we go to a fair in a city that has double Q's?? I love the state fair here- but it's always so blasted hot by then! and I see the fair is kinda late in the summer this yr. (Aug. 13th-23rd)- heck the kids will be back in school right after it!

At this rate it will only be 60 by then.:hysterical:

I'm so sorry. Prayers and well wishes to your sister and all that were involved.

Lucky1307
01-08-2010, 09:57:29 AM
It's an amazing -2 outside and it's just gonna keep on dropping today. DS keeps jumping around because it's almost time to see Grave Digger. OH BOY , OH BOY! I might not make it through today. Now off to bundle up and check the mail, days like today make me wish our mail was delivered!

GE coupon chick
01-08-2010, 10:01:55 AM
i loved grave digger as a kid it funny its still the same driver

jenrose
01-08-2010, 10:39:34 AM
Well I'm glad to see my time was wasted yesterday. DH told me on Wednesday that we would be going camping for the weekend and to get the camper ready on my day off on Thursday so we could just head out straight after work today (Friday). I really didn't want to go but got everthing out to the camper that I could early, turned on the fridge, had the kids cloths packed in their bags, had them pack a thing of toys and had a list of food written to take out after the frigde was cold. Then DH gets home from work and made a few phone calls and now we are not going. Now I have to undo half of what I did in the camper and he had already told the boys we were going so they are disapointed as well. :rolleyes24:

On the bright side I don't have to stop for fast food for dinner tonight, so less OOP. :giggle2:

nateNnatsmommy
01-08-2010, 11:25:37 AM
Hey I sold some mascara to a coworker :BigHand::BigHand::BigHand: $3

new OOP $30.28

jenrose
01-08-2010, 11:28:18 AM
Hey I sold some mascara to a coworker :BigHand::BigHand::BigHand: $3

new OOP $30.28

No more kidos in your Avatar I see, now you are visable on both message boards as the same spidergirl LOL :smile:

SouthernBelle5
01-08-2010, 11:29:00 AM
Gas yesterday: $30.25
Went to Rite Aid and Walgreens but it was all paid by GC's.

Today thus far:
Sold $5.00 from stockpile

Total Now: $42.23

phinphana
01-08-2010, 11:42:09 AM
B: Oat meals
L: Kanpao Chicken & Rice
D:same and Salad

I did shopping last night after updated yesterday total so I will put the oop for today since I might go shopping again.

Phin

nateNnatsmommy
01-08-2010, 11:42:20 AM
Indeed - It makes my spidey sense tingle :giggle2: to be consistent

Actually Jen I did it just to mess with you :biggrin:

No more kidos in your Avatar I see, now you are visable on both message boards as the same spidergirl LOL :smile: