PDA

View Full Version : My new years resolution: Start living a gluten free lifestyle. I need HELP! If you are GF please please come in and discuss with me.

hbaqueen
11-12-2009, 01:09:20 PM
Do you live gluten free? Are you a nutritional guru? I need some help!

So, its came down to Ive got to do something about this pain and inmobility. Its killing me living like this. Short of the $25,000 per 3 month treatment or the steroids that they refuse to put me on due to my weight already being so high the only other option is to live gluten free and see how that works out. I also need to lose some weight so who has advice on living GF and losing weight while doing it?

Mine and DHs new years resolution is to start living completely gluten free and of course to also lose some weight.
We have already been growing some of our own foods and have cut out a lot of processed stuff but we still eat a lot processed junk.
Weve cut eating out completely due to finances, health and fear of the flu we havent ate out in over 2 months.

Ive read till my eyes pop and I still dont really get it. I get that you have to cut out (or replace) all wheat, barley, rye, ect.
What I dont get is why / how so many other items have it in them. What am I looking for as far as labels?

Some of what Ive read says not to have oats due to contamination and I think something about corn too? :shrug7:

I dont know I just a looking for an GF for dummies eat this: Dont eat this:
Is there one?
Ive googled , Ive read, I still just dont grasp it.
Any book or website recomendations?

I know someone started a thread on this a few months ago but Ive searched and cant find it. Any help would be much appreciated!

I know there are many here with auto immune disease and celics so please help me out with what works for you :smile:

tastefullyjune
11-12-2009, 08:28:43 PM
The book by Elizabeth Hasselbeck is an easy read and had favorable reviews on Amazon. HTH!

wealthybarney
11-12-2009, 08:33:17 PM
Hi hbaqueen!! If you want to know a saavy lady, it is rbunnymom! I am supposed to be GF as well--when DH gets a job.

mom2lucas
11-12-2009, 09:23:23 PM
The crockpot 365 blog has a ton of easy, delicious gluten-free recipes and links to other gluten-free sites.

hbaqueen
11-13-2009, 06:19:25 AM
The crockpot 365 blog has a ton of easy, delicious gluten-free recipes and links to other gluten-free sites.

That "candy" chicken is sooooooooooooo good! Probably not good for weight loss but I noticed she said it was GF so I was wondering if a lot of her stuff was. Im making that chicken again today.

You can have rice. right? Im making it with brown rice and carrots to make it a lil more healthy since it has brown sugar and soda pop in it :giggle2:

kktl32
11-13-2009, 07:00:22 AM
Gluten-Free Recipes | Karina's Kitchen (http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/)