PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Question quaker coupon a fraud

jewelsjackson
10-07-2009, 10:17:45 AM
my albertsons said they just got word from quaker that the 1/2 printable coupon is a fraud and they won't honor it. anyone else have this issue?

Heather
10-07-2009, 11:09:56 AM
I used 5 coupons this morning without any problems.

Queenofthehive posted in this thread (post #46) that it is a legit coupon.

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/albertsons-northwest-region/279647-albertsons-nw-ad-10-7-10-13-highlights-matchups-done-5.html

jeanettecoupons
10-07-2009, 11:38:22 AM
my albertsons said they just got word from quaker that the 1/2 printable coupon is a fraud and they won't honor it. anyone else have this issue?

This coupon is through the Quaker website- so it appears to be legit.

cearhart
10-07-2009, 12:12:08 PM
I used 10 this morning no problem and it scanned fine too.

hotcouponmama
10-09-2009, 08:57:41 PM
I've used more than I care to share....and I heard this too. But, the Albertsons store manager in my area looked at the coupon, and said the one I had from the Quaker link was not the same as the one they had seen in their memo, and let me use 15 in one transaction.

stanco99
10-09-2009, 10:36:13 PM
I heard it should have never been a PDF file----so I have heard from another website--they will not be honoring the coupons printed---I don't have any more info then that, other then I threw mine out.:rolleyes24:

hotcouponmama
10-09-2009, 10:43:07 PM
I heard it should have never been a PDF file----so I have heard from another website--they will not be honoring the coupons printed---I don't have any more info then that, other then I threw mine out.:rolleyes24:

Well, if they don't honor them, I think it sucks... They put it out there as a PDF. It's also not on the list at the CIC as being a fraudulent coupon. I think they might have realized their mistake too late, but not honoring that is rotten of them in my opinion.

There is a cost to secure the coupons via something like bricks/coupons.com and posting your own PDF is just moronic in my opinion. But they put it out there, it's on them to honor it.

I have the link still, and it was indeed directly off the quaker.com site. I'm not sure how they can cry fraud when they were the ones who distributed it.

MommmieD
10-09-2009, 10:46:24 PM
It's not really possible to tell if it was originally legit or not. Hackers are good at making things look like they came from one site when, in actuality, they did not.

hotcouponmama
10-09-2009, 10:52:16 PM
It's not really possible to tell if it was originally legit or not. Hackers are good at making things look like they came from one site when, in actuality, they did not.

It's hard to fake the url - quakeroats.com - that's legitimately their web property. The link was live on this page, which is the quaker page - Product Offers & Promotions | QuakerOats.com (http://www.quakeroats.com/products/product-offers-and-promotions.aspx)

And the funny thing is, they haven't even bothered to kill the URL where they had the coupon before - it's still live behind the veil. I just looked, and it still opens properly.