PDA

View Full Version : SEPTEMBER challenge: Living Off Of Your Stockpile. Unofficial winners post #1091

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

cody82414
08-25-2009, 11:21:50 PM
Is anyone up for a SEPTEMBER challenge to live off of your stockpile and spend as little out of pocket as you can?

These are the guidelines:
*** We are going to do a one month challenge contest by living off your stockpile and only buying the bare necessities each week.
Post your weekly results here.
*** I will do my best to chime in with our family's "living off stockpile" issues/results/recipes/receipts.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

Exceptions:
1. Rolling RR, Catalinas, ECBs, existing gift cards, rebate funds that come in during the month.
2. Finding Items for FREE.
3. Finding items for less than $.10 on the dollar.

Can you do it?

FAQ

Q. What about fresh fruit, veggies, milk, eggs and bread?
A. Buy all your necessities each week to go with what you have in your pantry/freezer. This is all about cleaning out your stockpile. Here is an example: Say your usual weekly food budget is $150, and you would like to spend only $50 per week on the bare minimum, like veggies, fruit and milk. You would be saving $100 a week for the month. :BigHand:

Q. Can we roll ECBs, RR, and Catalinas?
A. Of course! Only the out of pocket expenses count as what you have spent for the week. Here is an example: We have $40 in ECBs and $12 in Catalinas. If I go to the store and use my ECBs, only the amount of money I spent on items after coupons and ECBs would count toward my weekly expeditures.

Q. What does $.10 on the dollar items mean?
A. We can't resist a sale can we? Of course not, that's probably why we have stockpiles in the first place! Example, So if your local grocer is having a sale on an item that is normal $4.00 and with a sale price and coupon discount you can get the item for $.40 or less, than it doesn't count towards your weekly expeditures.

Q. How is the winner of the stockpile challenge figured?
A. The winner of the stockpile challenge is the person that spends the least amount of out of pocket expenses for the month. Each week anyone participating will post their weekly out of pocket amount. I will keep an accurate count in the original post. At the end of the month, the person with the least amount of money spent for the month will win.

We don't want you to starve! Complete nutrition is a must, especially for small children. This is going to be fun, and hopefully we will all learn some valuable information about ourselves about sustainability and ingenuity.

Q. What about gift money? Or Rebate checks that come in during the month?
A. Simply speaking, my goal is to not spend money out of pocket.
Of course we all have "standard" expenses, such as mortgage/rent, car payments, insurance, utilities, medications, etc.
It's all 'other' money's: including food - which I feel includes dining out, hba, household items, entertainment, et al.

What I do not expect is those involved to stay home all month, with the lights off, eating cold cereal and milk (although I enjoy cereal :giggle2:). Just challenge yourself and those in your family to participate, and we will share our experiences and ideas here.

Q. My state taxes food. Does tax count into our oop?
A. Yes. Tax is part of our oop (unfortunately, for some of us)

Q. Do perscriptions count?
A. GOSH NO!!! PLEASE don't forego your medications or those for your lo's just to not spend money. No. Perscriptions/meds do not count.

Q. Do birthday presents count and our traditional take the birthday person to their favorite resturant count?
A. As far as birthday gifts/celebrations, we have been counting these events. Simply trying to dine at restaurants we have gc's for and/or B1G1 meals, %'s off, etc. And as far as gifts, we Mom's often times use our gc's and rebate money for gifts for our kids:wink7:

Just keep in mind that we are trying to live from your stockpile and not to spend oop.
So please celebrate! By all means!! You may just have to do things a bit differently,
***make the cake versus purchasing a Baskin-Robbins or DQ ice cream cake:biggrin:
***home made cards
***host a party at home
***con your IL's to taking your family out for dinner (on them):giggle2:

It's a contest, so we need prizes!!!!
This month the runner-up will get: a potluck of qs :biggrin:

The first place winner will receive:
an even bigger potluck of qs :smile:

So???? Are you in?

Members currently involved in the challenge:
Name -- Totals So Far through post 1091 --- Personal Goals
red denotes money spent, green denotes a profit

cody82414 $61.12 I am going to try to keep it under $50. total oop for the month
amy_s lost withdrawnmy goal is under 150 for the month including eating out.
MoneySavinDiva $83.53 This month I'm lowering that to $200 for groceries and eating out.
soapstone $94.25 My goal is under $150 for the month.
roxygirlie1021 $328.79 I am going to HAVE to stick to a VERY tight budget!
jenrose $140.59 I have no definite $$ figure goal, just to keep myself as low as possible.
rtnrjk $174.22 I will try to be in this month for real. Still going to try a $50 wk goal.
cheynesnana $47.97 I'd like to stay below $150 this month...
Lee0808 withdrawn I'd like to stick to a budget of $80 per week.
Kittensqueak $56.15 I have no idea how this will turn out, but I could really use to save some $$$!!!
cnholland54 withdrawn $200 for the month
LovesDivine $221.96
Zwella Ingrid $248.59 I'm doing $200 for the month inclusive.
tambro withdrawn $400. for the entire month
crabtree122202 under $100/month

rdot $191.32 I am going to keep my budget of 200.00 for the month.
phinphana $283.48 I am in for September for $ 100/month.
Bonniem withdrawn My goal is $75.00. :whistle67:
kmmmom $99.81 I am going to start with a monthly budget of $400.
Ggbwg $3??.??
Lucky1307 $435.15 my goal is no more than $100 a week.
cjpsmom $109.38 My goal this month is $200 for a family of three and a dog.
frugalitymom $98.67 my goal is $100.00 but hopefully way less.
W0Wme +$22.38 my real goal is $0 for the month
coupongirl69 $615.05
couponlover24 $46.00 My goal for the month is 300 bucks
Domestic Gal $204.70 I am in again for $120 for the month.
ELLE-TN $130.13 I will leave my budget at $400 for the month ($100 per week) for my family of 5 which includes two bottomless pitt teenagers
cdarrow $53.72 I will leave my goal at $80 for the month.
DebK1013 $16.00 My budget for grocery/hba/eating out is $300 for the month.
couponSAHM $4.50 My goal is to be: +$50 at the end of the month.
mkermarc $37.00 I am going to try and keep it under $400.
loveebella $257.64 MY goal for the whole month is going to be 250.
hfawn $16.63 this month I'm going to shoot for $200 (hopefully I can do better than that though!).
kandpsmom $4??.?? I would love to get my weekly grocery/diaper budget down to $50.
justmama $55.99 I want to be under $400.00

* PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM OFF ON YOUR TOTAL OOP*

cody82414
08-25-2009, 11:22:32 PM
ooooh! OOOOHH!

Me please:wink7:

amy s
08-26-2009, 02:45:46 AM
ok, I am in, but I know I will win ONLY the booby prize! :) I will come in last place I am sure!
I will weigh in ont he first with what I have for RR, as we have no other specials here or Gcards.....unless I still have a WM one somewhere....

MoneySavinDiva
08-26-2009, 05:10:31 AM
I am SO in again! I love this challenge...keeps me on my toes :wink7: My goal for August was to keep it under $240 for everything. This month I'm lowering that to $200 for groceries and eating out.

soapstone
08-26-2009, 07:03:30 AM
I'm in. My goal is under $150 for the month. I have some big rebates I need to fill out this month so that will be a challenge!

roxygirlie1021
08-26-2009, 07:08:39 AM
OK, so I signed up last month and then totally forgot about it until it was almost halfway through the month and at that point I was too far behind to catch up :giggle2:

But count me in for sure this month because I just took a 50% pay cut at work and I am going to HAVE to stick to a VERY tight budget! (And I'm putting a post-it note on my screen right now to remind me to post! :hysterical:)

cody82414
08-26-2009, 09:15:45 AM
ok, I am in, but I know I will win ONLY the booby prize! :) I will come in last place I am sure!
I will weigh in ont he first with what I have for RR, as we have no other specials here or Gcards.....unless I still have a WM one somewhere....

Yeah!! Some new blood:giggle2:

jenrose
08-26-2009, 09:48:53 AM
OK, I will kinda be in this month. I want to track my spending and I know you all will keep me honest. DS goes back to preschool this month and my work schedule is changing to accomodate that so I think this is the perfect time to get myself in check! I have no definite $$ figure goal, just to keep myself as low as possible.

cody82414
08-26-2009, 03:50:05 PM
You know you want to join in the fun:wink7:

rtnrjk
08-26-2009, 05:50:59 PM
OK, my twin 21 yr old garbage guts will be in college so maybe I can keep my grocery costs down. I still do freezer meals for 1 of them because he is in an apartment.

I will try to be in this month for real.
Still going to try a $50 wk goal.

cheynesnana
08-26-2009, 06:29:13 PM
Ok...ya sucked me in... :giggle2: I've been following along since the beginning and want to try this month! I need to be accountable and get my spending down... this looks like the place to do it.. :BigHand: I'd like to stay below $150 this month.. :smile:

Lee0808
08-26-2009, 08:23:17 PM
I'd like to try again. I blew my budget in August out of the water, but hoping to do better in September. I'd like to stick to a budget of $80 per week. I don't have a huge stockpile, so I can't rely on stuff I have, but I would like to see what I can do with this budget. Thanks so much for the challenge...it sure helps to watch where every penny is going.

kittensqueak
08-26-2009, 11:04:10 PM
Ok, I'll sign up too! I have no idea how this will turn out, but I could really use to save some $$$!!!

cody82414
08-27-2009, 08:06:07 AM
10 entrants so far:smile:

cody82414
08-27-2009, 03:49:00 PM
What I will be starting out with:

$5.00 Ecbs
$5.00 Walgreen’s RR
$20.08 CVS gc
$1.03 Cash
$10.83 Kroger gc
$3.00 OYNO K-Mart

cnholland54
08-27-2009, 04:24:18 PM
I would like to join....I found your August thread last week and read most of it. I thought it was great!!! I would like to stick to $50 per week.

Courtney

jenrose
08-27-2009, 04:28:14 PM
I would like to join....I found your August thread last week and read most of it. I thought it was great!!! I would like to stick to $50 per week.

Courtney

You read most of it in a week. I didn't think that was possible. :giggle2:

LovesDivine
08-27-2009, 05:47:22 PM
I joined in July and then forgot too.

I am resigning from my job (crazy huh in this economy?) and going to get my teaching cert and finally do something meaningful that is better for my kids and family schedule wise. And makes me happy. While getting the cert I will be sub teaching, and that is a HUGE pay cut for me. So I am seriously gonna be utilizing my stockpile and seriously considering any purchase for anything we don't need that is not free or very close to it.

So count me in.

cody82414
08-27-2009, 06:29:06 PM
I joined in July and then forgot too.

I am resigning from my job (crazy huh in this economy?) and going to get my teaching cert and finally do something meaningful that is better for my kids and family schedule wise. And makes me happy. While getting the cert I will be sub teaching, and that is a HUGE pay cut for me. So I am seriously gonna be utilizing my stockpile and seriously considering any purchase for anything we don't need that is not free or very close to it.

So count me in.

Glad you'll be back!!:wavehi:

Zwella Ingrid
08-27-2009, 07:19:59 PM
Hey I'm in, you know I love this thread! I don't know what my goal is yet, I want to see how I finish august' challenge first.:wavehi:

cjnelson
08-27-2009, 09:39:35 PM
Cody, TY you so much for keeping us all on track. I have joined first three challenges so I opting out of #4. But I want you to all know I have achieved my goals all three times. It was hard at first but it does get easier as time passes. This is what I've learned about myself & family.

1. You can lower monthly expenditures/budget. We did.

2. Eat out less, which was a HUGE problem for my family.

3. We now have NO problem saying no to social commitments that are for eating out. We now suggest getting together for an activity. Or let's make a communal supper at someone's home. I'm going try to start a Supper Club (not restaurant) with Foodies like us.

4. Do regular menu planning from stockpiles, pantry & freezer. If you don't have a freezer get one. I do want another.

5. Stick to your meal plan with flexibility for leftovers. Plan for those days that I don't feel like cooking or have the time. Sammies are great for those days.

6. Taught family to actually know what is a need versus we want it.

Probably more lessons but this is it for now.

cody82414
08-28-2009, 03:31:09 AM
Thanks for that!!

tambro
08-28-2009, 09:18:48 AM
:smile:Okay...I'm in! I'm seriously going to work on getting budget down to $400. I have a decent stockpile. Our problem is eating out at about $200 per month. My DD has been eating lunch at school instead of packing. I'm so thrilled to see her eat, I don't really care what she spends. She's become quite frugal due to this challenge, so I really don't worry. I bought her some special pb that she likes and she told me I could take it back that it cost too much. I told her I was fine with the price. The reason I try to save so much on our other groceries is so we can spend a little more on the things that we truly love.:hug29:

cjnelson
08-28-2009, 09:30:40 AM
:wavehi: To everyone who are checking out these challenges & wonder :shrug7:about the challenge. Take the risk, try it! :my2cents: Even if you fail your goal, it will give you great insight of how you run your households.

Why we spend? Do I really need this? Does my family love this? Could we substitute another item? It's a great deal...how many do I need to buy before the next cycle?

GO FOR IT!!!

crabtree122202
08-28-2009, 09:44:00 AM
I'm in for September's Challenge! My goal is keeping my OOP under $100/month. I'm worried that eating out during our move will hurt though!!! Gotta find ways around that!

Denise~

jenrose
08-28-2009, 12:31:09 PM
I just have to say I am sooooo glad September hasn't started yet. I just made what I thought would be a quick trip to Walmart to get icecream cups for DS's Bday party. Well I ended up spending $45. :rolleyes24: I hate going to walmart because this always seems to happen. I go in for something free or cheap (or like today something that isn't easy to find at other stores in my area for a decent price) and end up seeing things that pull me in. each item isn't that much but it sure adds up fast!

I will have to stay away from Walmart for the whole month of September! Good thing I don't go there very often anyways.

rdot
08-28-2009, 06:39:02 PM
I am in again!:smile:

I am going to keep my budget of 200.00 for the month.

cody82414
08-29-2009, 05:05:07 AM
Don't be shy!

You know you want to join us :wink7:

phinphana
08-29-2009, 05:38:53 AM
I am in again. I know August not a good month for me to start but hey let do another month. I am thinking of increase it from $ 80 to $100.

please help me get there. I have decent stockpile . This month I hope I can work out weekly menu plan around the sale.

I am still in stockpile mode which are way over 10 % oop. I know I am working towards living off stocking pile challenge.

I am racing with myself right now. I think I know what I can do to improve. Hey anyone that wants to joy please do cause this is not a race against other is a race against your self.

Come join us! its fun fun fun......

I am in for September for $ 100/month.

Phin

cody82414
08-29-2009, 11:44:42 PM
^

Bonniem
08-30-2009, 07:30:40 AM
Okay, first time at trying this. I'd like in for September.
My goal is $75.00. Boy this is going to be a challenge for sure.
I'm ready to try :)

Bonniem
08-30-2009, 07:35:27 AM
I'm new at the stockpile challenge. Does this only apply to groceries/hba or does this include activities as well... i.e. football / baseball games. Not sure I understand the rules...
help??:shrug7:

kmmmom
08-30-2009, 08:12:59 AM
I am just starting back to couponing, so I don't know how low I can go as my pantry is a little on the low side, but I do like the accountability. So, I am going to start with a monthly budget of $400. We spent over $600 this past month and have not much to show for it. I will plan on next month dropping it more.

I am starting with:

0 ECB's
0 RR
$10 starbucks gift card
$5 cash card from GM
$1.40 left on applebees giftcard
$5 sears gift card
$42.13 Walmart giftcard
$8.51 Kohl's giftcard
$25 paypal balance

Ggbwg
08-30-2009, 04:58:13 PM
I'm signing up. It will be hard since were low again on most things. Meat, Dairy, produce, paper products etc.

I will be starting with Not much, lol. I have 1 book of stamps and I will just use money along the way.

Good Luck Everyone!!!!:BigHand:

Lucky1307
08-30-2009, 05:58:26 PM
So I am in again! But this time while the rest of you are living from your stockpile I will be stockpiling for my ultimate goal of no grocery bill for the months of Nov and Dec. I don't want to over spend while I am stockpiling, so my goal is no more than $100 a week. I do love the accountablitly this thread gives me and lets not forget about all the wonderful recipes and cheats we learn from each other. I will be starting the week with nothing...no RR's, no GC's(except a $10 to Old Navy, but I think that is going to be one of little sissy's Christmas gifts).

cjpsmom
08-31-2009, 07:30:20 AM
:wavehi:Good Morning!! I'm in again if Cody will let me.:giggle2: My goal this month is $200 for a family of three and a dog. I'm out of a few things since the August challenge but would really like to join in again for September. This challenge has really been good for our bad habits (eating out and quick stops at a conven. store) and I'm hoping it will continue to help change our evil ways.
Hey Cody, if your ever in my neck of the woods, can we go and walk around the mall parking lot for change? You could definately help my budget.:hysterical:

jenrose
08-31-2009, 08:31:40 AM
I still don't quite know what happened to August. I think it just disappeared LOL. I shouldn't have anything to report until after labor day since we will be out of town for part of that time and I think *knock on wood* that I have everything I need for that trip. Although we have been known to eat out once during the driving time.

I just remembered I have $10 OYNO for Albies. I better check the dates on those to see if I need to use them before I go. Good Luck everyone.

frugalitymom
08-31-2009, 10:10:38 AM
I am in, I tried to do it before and didn't have the best of luck keeping track. I must use stockpile due to a possible relocation in December that is 18 hours north of where I am at. So I normally spend $150 a month including HBA so my goal is $100.00 but hopefully way less. :BigHand:

cody82414
08-31-2009, 01:16:24 PM
:welcome36:

W0Wme
08-31-2009, 03:06:57 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/3d-giraffe-moving.gif Okay I am ready this month! Include me in please and help to out, I will send a potluck of coupies to the winner for this month! I have lots and lots of stuff to use before it goes bad. My goal is to only buy Milk, Fresh produce, eggs & maybe Deli meats. NOTHING ELSE!!! I have to make room so we can live in our house (watching hoarders tonight btw :hysterical:) makes me look around and think.....nahhhhh :giggle2:. Hopefully my OOP will be less than $15 for this month, but my real goal is $0 for the month. I have CVS bucks & Walgreens RR's along with GC's, leaving my OOP to be mainly on fresh produce. I just might get a prescription filled at Wally World & get a GC for produce for the month if I don't get any rebates back (which I am expecting some)... we will see what happens. Really need to save for Christmas... I know, can't believe I am saying it! :hectic1: So, I hope I stick with the plan so I can save the grocery money & apply it to the Christmas fund :biggrin:. My normal grocery budget is around $200-$250 (incl. H&B, HH Cleaning items & Pets).

cody82414
08-31-2009, 03:56:09 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/3d-giraffe-moving.gif Okay I am ready this month! Include me in please and help out, I will send a potluck of coupies to the winner for this month! I have lots and lots of stuff to use before it goes bad. My goal is to only buy Milk, Fresh produce, eggs & maybe Deli meats. NOTHING ELSE!!! I have to make room so we can live in our house (watching hoarders tonight btw :hysterical:) makes me look around and think.....nahhhhh :giggle2:. Hopefully my OOP will be less than $15 for this month, but my real goal is $0 for the month. I have CVS bucks & Walgreens RR's along with GC's, leaving my OOP to be mainly on fresh produce. I just might get a prescription filled at Wally World & get a GC for produce for the month if I don't get any rebates back (which I am expecting some)... we will see what happens. Really need to save for Christmas... I know, can't believe I am saying it! :hectic1: So, I hope I stick with the plan so I can save the grocery money & apply it to the Christmas fund :biggrin:. My normal grocery budget is around $200-$250 (incl. H&B, HH Cleaning items & Pets).

I love lofty goals such as these!!
They are super inspiring to me:biggrin:.

Are you planning to go camping this Labor Day weekend???

coupongirl69
08-31-2009, 04:07:05 PM
I wanted to do this last month but was packing and moving and just couldn't deal. Now I'm in my new home and will work to stay under $500 for the month if this includes eating out. I have a family of 5 plus a huge dog and my son's 21st birthday is this month and so is my husbands and we are going to Disney for 3 days. I really need to trim back so I can afford food for all of us and my mom. Yikes! This will be fun and exciting.

cody82414
08-31-2009, 06:03:11 PM
Although we have been known to eat out once during the driving time.

:hysterical:Say it ain't so:giggle2:

fungirl2727
08-31-2009, 06:08:29 PM
My goal for the month is 300 bucks

fungirl2727
08-31-2009, 06:10:36 PM
This will be my first month ever doing it and I am very excited I am starting out with nothing.

LovesDivine
08-31-2009, 06:29:26 PM
I am also starting out with nothing...and the plan is to only spend money on produce, eggs, milk, bread...like many of you. That is my goal. I don't have a dollar amount but want it to be a little as possible and only on things we NEED that are not stockpiled. And at this time, I don't have bread or milk stockpiled. These are needs cuz now that school is back in my kids are taking sandwiches in their lunch boxes and eating cereal before school...

Domestic Gal
08-31-2009, 06:37:37 PM
I am in again for the fourth month.
I have been keeping track of my spending since April and I have averaged $30 a week OOP. Saving $60-$70 in coupons (I live in the LOND so I think this is great).
I am in again for $120 for the month. Need to get creative this month as I am running low or out of some spices and pricey staple items.
My freezer and pantry are looking really good and very organized. No more stuff hiding in the corners or lurking in the back.
The snack cabinet is bursting at the seams with all of the kelloggs deals. I have plenty of snacks to last the next few months or longer.
Have plenty of meat but need to get some fish as I have not bought any in months.
Will start using the crockpot more since it is getting cooler out. This will help on using up some of the canned tomato's I have and need to rotate out of the pantry.
Doing these challenges has taught me that we do not eat as much as I though we did. Just need to keep using up what I have until gone before replenishing it.
I have used up all of the trial size deodorant from last year finally and only have 3 trial size pantene left to use up from the walgreens deal last year.
I still have at least 6 months of TP left and about 15 boxes of tissues so I am good for the cold/flu season.
Need to fill in a few gaps this month and that is it.

I am starting the month with
$120 cash and that is it. (going to the ATM in the morning)
NO RR or GC

Good luck everyone!!!

ELLE-TN
08-31-2009, 06:50:46 PM
I will give it a go again. I will leave my budget at $400 for the month ($100 per week) for my family of 5 which includes two bottomless pitt teenagers - who knew girls could eat as much as boys ... but, I guess if you are as active as mine they do need the fuel to keep going besides the fact that they are so skinny they are pretty much straight up and
down :giggle2: you'd think they were starving marvins instead of garbage disposals. This includes all food/HBA/household cleaning stuff. It does not include the kid's lunch money as that is a separate part of the budget in my house. Hubby's layoff will happen any day now, so it's more important than ever to save $$ where we can.

Starting the month with:
around $21 ECB for CVS
$7 ONYO for Krogers
and $1.48 GC for Target
I am expecting around $100 in rebates but who knows when they'll show up.
I am also expecting a $10 MasterCard and $10 Gas card so maybe those will decide to show up too.

**As I said last month, I don't expect to win the prize but I hope to meet the challenge. We don't eat alot of canned/processed/frozen foods (except for junky food). We mainly stick with fresh meats and fruits/veggies. We are pretty stocked up on breakfast items (Eggo, PopTarts, Cereal) and snacks (cookies, chips, granola bars, etc....) I also have some meats in the freezer. I don't have a large stockpile but I managed to accomplish last month and have a good feeling about this one. I am known to use my ECB to get milk, bread, etc... at CVS so that I don't have to pay for it.... which means at times I don't have any ECB's.

I need to replenish my shampoo stockpile as I just discovered why it keeps disappearing so fast... seems my little guy likes to stop up the tub while taking a shower and uses the shampoo to make bubbles - I discovered this when I walked in and the water was running out in the floor and almost going down the heat/air vents LOL.

When I started the August challenge, I also started the envelope system. It seems to be working.

I need to plan for my DD's 14th Birthday this month.

Zwella Ingrid
08-31-2009, 07:27:06 PM
I am in again. I know August not a good month for me to start but hey let do another month. I am thinking of increase it from $ 80 to $100.

please help me get there. I have decent stockpile . This month I hope I can work out weekly menu plan around the sale.

I am still in stockpile mode which are way over 10 % oop. I know I am working towards living off stocking pile challenge.

I am racing with myself right now. I think I know what I can do to improve. Hey anyone that wants to joy please do cause this is not a race against other is a race against your self.

Come join us! its fun fun fun......

I am in for September for $ 100/month.

Phin
Hurray for Phin!!! I'm glad you are back in again this month. I enjoy reading your posts!:BigHand:

cdarrow26
08-31-2009, 07:28:56 PM
I am in again for September. I will leave my goal at $80 for the month.

Zwella Ingrid
08-31-2009, 07:31:53 PM
Hey Cody, if your ever in my neck of the woods, can we go and walk around the mall parking lot for change? You could definately help my budget.:hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I want to look for change too! Seriously Cody, I do the same thing. I am constantly picking up change off the ground. My DH even stopped the car once in the middle of a highway to pick up change!:giggle2:

Zwella Ingrid
08-31-2009, 07:41:13 PM
Ok I was still over on the August challenge by my lonesome, so decided I better get over here. I'm doing $200 for the month inclusive. I have $200 in my grocery envelope, and that is going to pay for it all, including <10% receipts, so it is going to be way difficult. (for me at least) I am starting with $200 in cash, a $5 wags gift card, $11 ecbs on one card and $22 ecbs on the other card.

cdarrow26
08-31-2009, 08:00:15 PM
I am starting the month with:
36.80 in EB's
7.00 in RR's
I should have a $25 Gift Card Rite Aid-from JULY-not here yet, but I'm sure will come soon!
I really have to focus on clearing out my freezer stockpile. I just found out that we get our 1/4 cow in October so I need to finish up the beef that's there, as well as use up enough stockpile so there will be room for the new beef when it comes!

cody82414
08-31-2009, 11:28:29 PM
I'm new at the stockpile challenge. Does this only apply to groceries/hba or does this include activities as well... i.e. football / baseball games. Not sure I understand the rules...
help??:shrug7:

Great question!

The answer is that it depends on your fammly and how you 'budget'.

I, for example, include all of our spending including groceries, eating out (fast food or dining), entertainment, hba, household items, et al. Categories that I don't have a fixed amount for such as the standard bills - car payments, mortgage, insurances, etc.

Just use your best judgement with respect to your family.

This is a friendly accountability challenge:wink7:

phinphana
09-01-2009, 01:01:11 AM
These are the thing that I have on hand I will try to do better this month.

ECB on hand card # 1 : 44.14 +
Card # 2:9.99
Albertsons: 11 cat
Walgreens: 6 cat
Rite Aid : less than $5

I have build up a lot ECB .

I have a question if I buy the Contour. What is the saving will be the 14.99 or the inflate saving.

For last month I only calculate the sale that I save not the inflated high price saving.

Phin

cody82414
09-01-2009, 01:28:09 AM
This will be my first month ever doing it and I am very excited I am starting out with nothing.

:welcome92:

We celebrate with one another when a rebate check comes in!:BigHand:

Even finding a penny is a thrill:giggle2:

tambro
09-01-2009, 04:01:27 AM
Need to get creative this month as I am running low or out of some spices and pricey staple items.

Hey Domestic Gal,

We have been buying our spices from the bulk area of our grocery stores for pennies. We got a couple TBS of allspice for $.12. That's a good amount for a couple of recipes. It is also a great way to try new spices if you're not sure if you'll like them (without the huge investment). Both HEB and Whole Foods have bulk items in my part of the country. What stores do you have that offer bulk items?

Anyway, I hope this helps with your goal this month.

Sending good vibes your way,

Tammy in Texas:smile:

DebK1013
09-01-2009, 04:13:42 AM
OK, Im going to give this a try. Ive been spending wayyyy too much at the grocery store lately. My budget for grocery/hba/eating out is $300 for the month. I live in the land of no doubles so keeping it real low is a challenge.

Good luck all!

cody82414
09-01-2009, 04:23:16 AM
I am also starting out with nothing...and the plan is to only spend money on produce, eggs, milk, bread...like many of you. That is my goal. I don't have a dollar amount but want it to be a little as possible and only on things we NEED that are not stockpiled. And at this time, I don't have bread or milk stockpiled. These are needs cuz now that school is back in my kids are taking sandwiches in their lunch boxes and eating cereal before school...

I need bread too. BADLY:sad:

CouponSAHM
09-01-2009, 04:35:32 AM
Okay I am in for this month!!
It is going to be difficult because today is our last day of tripples and I have a birthday party in this month.
My goal is to be: +$50 at the end of the month. We are having a yardsale on the 12th (I will add the money from stockpile sales back in to my budget) and I have a few rebates out that will hopefully come this month. I am hoping with those two things and coupon trades that I will bring more money in this month than goes out!!
Big challenge for me because I love to shop!!!!

mkermarc
09-01-2009, 04:57:24 AM
Ok, count me in! I am going to try and keep it under $400. We have company coming to visit 3 times in September and our 15 year anniversary is this month. I am ready for a serious challenge!:smile:

Domestic Gal
09-01-2009, 06:33:15 AM
Hey Domestic Gal,

We have been buying our spices from the bulk area of our grocery stores for pennies. We got a couple TBS of allspice for $.12. That's a good amount for a couple of recipes. It is also a great way to try new spices if you're not sure if you'll like them (without the huge investment). Both HEB and Whole Foods have bulk items in my part of the country. What stores do you have that offer bulk items?

Anyway, I hope this helps with your goal this month.

Sending good vibes your way,

Tammy in Texas:smile:

I do not have any bulk food stores in my area.:sad:
Whole foods is about 15-20 miles away but not worth the savings to go there for a few spices. Plus I HATE driving on the interstate!!
Yes I am from the boonies and would rather drive the 2 lane roads!!:hysterical:
I also live in the LOND!!!

Thanks anyway.
Debra

Domestic Gal
09-01-2009, 07:08:05 AM
Here are some pictures of what my freezer looked like in April the first 4 are from April and the last 3 are what it looks like today.

I have it all organized by shelves now.
Top one is pork
next one is chicken and bread
next one is beef
bottom is veggies.
Door is misc.

It is so easy to find what I am looking for and what I have on hand.
I just pull out the crates and grab what I need.
Doing the challenge has allowed me to use up a lot of stuff in the freezer/pantry. So now I actually know what I have on hand and can see what is in there.

W0Wme
09-01-2009, 07:36:11 AM
I love lofty goals such as these!!
They are super inspiring to me:biggrin:.

Are you planning to go camping this Labor Day weekend???

We tossed the idea around, thought about going to the Lake Labor Day weekend for a night or two. However, I really wanted to wait and go camping Halloween at the beach instead (3 day weekend for kids, TWD). I just feel the Lake is going to be over-crowded and its first come first "spot" :rolleyes24: unless you reserve a week and we definitely cannot do that with school. So I think we will probably spend the Holiday at home & do family things :biggrin:.

Well, this months goal is credited to so many that have inspired me here. I also love the great recipes and ideas of how to use your stockpile. Trying new things to cook and using my stockpile is going to be funniest part for me. I am getting really excited about cooking hotdog weenies 101 different ways :hysterical:. Seriously, if someone has a unique recipe(s) to use them up... I would be tickled. I think I kept forgetting we didn't use the last batch I bought and ended up buying again and again because I can't turn down free or a great deal.

One day (I know I am close), I want to be able to bust my budget and go to the positive side! Be able to live off my stockpile, buy free and make money doing for the whole month, not just for the day.

Thank you Cody for all your time you share with us doing these challenges and helping make our goals reality & helping us find out more about ourselves and our family :smile:, thank you for being here and thank you for being you!!

cody82414
09-01-2009, 09:05:10 AM
Here are some pictures of what my freezer looked like in April the first 4 are from April and the last 3 are what it looks like today.

I have it all organized by shelves now.
Top one is pork
next one is chicken and bread
next one is beef
bottom is veggies.
Door is misc.

It is so easy to find what I am looking for and what I have on hand.
I just pull out the crates and grab what I need.
Doing the challenge has allowed me to use up a lot of stuff in the freezer/pantry. So now I actually know what I have on hand and can see what is in there.

:wow77::encourage15:

phinphana
09-01-2009, 09:28:01 AM
G'morning.......

B: Cereal
L:? Pack DH Frozen Flat bread He'll Microwave at work. Myself and Son um..... no menu still
D:? I will have to work out weekly menu today...... now

I have plan to do 6 Albertsons.......hahhhhhhhh this is gonna be rebates so might be $60 or more oop. this is the Kelloggs 8 photo Calendar. I traded the rebate forms and they not yet arrived. I have to race with the sale which ends today. I hope I do things right here . If my rebates are not coming today I have to email and ask the person I traded it from..... its been 6 days.... isn't it too long........?

Anyway I have plan to spent $60 on rebates then it leave me $40 to work out this month.

I will get milk and eggs at CVS. Fruit veggie and meat at Albertsons or Ralphs since there is rumor they are going to triple .25 qs. I hope we get good deal but I will not do any impulsive over stock on my stock piles this month......

I am more confident that I am doing thing right. I need to learn how to trade for winetags which is new . Can you believe it? I only do 2 rebates this year. Kelloggs Extra and Arm and Hammers.

There are many more I can't believe I let many years of rebates opportunities go by. Oh well my ignorance. Now I know I am grateful for this forum so I can learn and do more saving.

Phin

ELLE-TN
09-01-2009, 11:00:43 AM
7 packs of boneless/skinless chicken breast (7 x $1/1 Q's prices ranged $1.95 - $2.75)
2 x Deli Creations 2/$5 ($1/2 Q)
1 Lunchable $3.50 ($1/1 Q)
2 x Bounty $1 each (2 x $1/1 Q)
4 x Softsoap $1 each (3 x $1/1 and $.40 Q doubled)
4 x GoldFish $1 each (4 x .50 Q doubled)
3 x Delmonte Corn niblets .99 each (3 x .50 Q doubled)
2 Velveeta cups $1.19 each (BOGO)
bananas .93
6 x Oreo cups $1 each (3 x $1/2 Q)
Chef Boy'Ardee pizza kit $3.85 (.50/1 Q doubled)

subtotal $56.12
tax $3.88
total after Q's = $21.80 + got back $2 ONYO
Plus I can use this receipt towards a $10 rebate after I buy a few more items.....

loveebella
09-01-2009, 11:04:53 AM
Can I still join? I was debating yes no yes no, but I am just going to do it( if I can still join) MY goal for the whole month is going to be 250. I usually do 100 every 2 weeks for groceries but we count eating out seperate, birthday's sepreate,everything is seperate really I get my $ for groceries and everything else is seperate. So my goal is 250 total for everything. Money has been really tight so hopefully we can make this work. I am still in stockpile mode,I just started using coupons in June so I only have like HBA and condiments and hubby will not eat mayo.bbq sauce and mustard for a month lol
I am starting out with
18.50 in cash from last month's grocery money
3.27 on target GC
15.99 ECB hubby's card
14.37 ECB my card

born2boop
09-01-2009, 11:23:53 AM
I can't sign up because DH isn't with the program and he buys 80% of our food. I, however, will be waiting and watching to be amazed at how people do. Good luck to all.

cody82414
09-01-2009, 11:37:15 AM
I spent a few hours in the garden.

I picked 44 good tomatoes!!!!:biggrin:
Anyone know how to easily can diced tomatoes:giggle2:
I have 8 huge, ripe, bright, orange pumpkins:halloween10:
and 8 still green and immature.
I stopped counting butternut squash when I reached 20:halloween1:.

I'm getting more and more excited:fall1:

cody82414
09-01-2009, 11:40:31 AM
Can I still join?

Of course!!!:wink7:

loveebella
09-01-2009, 11:59:06 AM
I just realized that we are going out of town on the 19th I think and we are going to the lake for Labor Day and my Birthday is Saturday..uugghh I already upped my budget from 200 to 250..hhmmm Oh well I am going ot leave it at 250. I hope we can make it..We already got my Bday present last month
Breakfast.. DS cereal me Eggo's..hubby nothing but he did get a Starbucks coffee..uugghh we are goiong to have to put a stop to that.. he might have had a GC he gets them from work if his boss forgets to wear a name tag so I will ask him and see.
Lunch.. Leftover Popeye's
Dinner..BBq chicken and I do not know what sides maybe corn and mashed potatoes or mac n cheese..
I have to go to Wal Mart and get some Eggo's of they are still 1.50 the other day they were so if they are I have 3 1/1 q I need to use today.I also need t go to CVs for the candle that is FAECB.

Lee0808
09-01-2009, 12:28:13 PM
Well, September is off to a good start. I have a budget of $80 per week, groceries and eating out. I ran by Kroger to catch the Mega Sale before it ends today and spent $43.35, saving 59% which is above my goal (I want to consistently save 50% or more). But, unexpectedly, I also received a $3.50 cat and a $1.50 cat, which will cover a couple of things I need this week to finish my menu plan.

Now the down side. I have an addiction to fast food (I think they put something in the food to get us addicted). Anyway, Sept 1 and I have already cratered....Wendy's $8.41 for myself and my DD.

The meal plan this week is: 1) Stuffed Bell Peppers, Mac & Cheese w/broccoli; 2) Macaroni Grill Meal Kit (from Mega Sale - hope its good) and carrots; 3) Sausage & Mushroom Homemade Pizza; 4) Beef Tips & Gravy w/Rice & Corn; 5) Breakfast for Dinner; 6) Dinner at a friends. :biggrin:

ELLE-TN
09-01-2009, 12:47:46 PM
Just skin them by dipping in hot boiling water.... core and dice them....
bring them to a boil pour into clean jars with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of lemon juice place flats/lids on and they will seal themselves. Works for me! Wish I had some but no garden this year.

jenrose
09-01-2009, 12:50:58 PM
I need to figure out what I am going to do with all these pears. DH's Grandma got a box of pears for us from a friends farm

Domestic Gal
09-01-2009, 01:05:36 PM
I need to figure out what I am going to do with all these pears. DH's Grandma got a box of pears for us from a friends farm

Pears are great made into pear sauce.
Do it just like apple sauce but use pears.
We like it better than apple sauce.

Cut, core and skin ripe pears.
Cook until tender with a little lemon juice and water in the pan
Drain
Run through the blender until smooth
put back into the pan with a little cinn. and sugar (to your taste)
bring to a boil
put in clean canning jars and seal with canning lids and flats.
Enjoy!!

cjpsmom
09-01-2009, 01:11:09 PM
I'M BACK......I would like say hello to my "Aug peeps" (HA) and welcome:wavehi: to all the newbies! I'm all excited about another month of accountability. WOOHOO!
So here we go with September (does anybody else have that song playing in their head today? "September" used to be the song at the skating rink. Come on, some of you know the song....get it stuck in your head and out of mine.:hysterical:)

To start the month I have a couple of GC's but that's about it, I used my rebate money up last month.
Fall is approaching (poo to those with 66 degree mornings though-you know who you are), temps are not AS high (I think 88 today) but the humidity will be around a little longer (with the hurricane season here). The leaves are beginning to drop from the pecan trees, which means ma gets a little extra spending cash:BigHand::BigHand:as soon as those little beauties hit the ground (hopefully the market will be good this year). College football starts this weekend, again :BigHand:. GO DAWGS!!!!! (insert the barking-I refuse to that!)

Today was pretty much the same 'ol breakfast and sandwiches for lunch, tonight who knows yet. Will probably stop by somewhere on my way home but will update later.

cjpsmom
09-01-2009, 01:16:22 PM

Me too, me too! I've already started getting in the Christmas gift mode, I try to make as many things as I can. This year I'm thinking of doing a BBQ gift bag or two with all the grillin' stuff I have. Good thing about living down here-you can pretty much grill anytime.

soapstone
09-01-2009, 02:06:39 PM
Spent $61.80 at Giant Eagle. I saved 44% and will be mailing this receipt in for the Smirnoff $20/$50 rebate. I stocked up on some things that rarely go on sale here.

cnholland54
09-01-2009, 02:20:03 PM
:wavehi: Hello All!!!
I think I am going to change my goal to $200 for the month vs. $50 a week. It will just be easier to track. I am starting with $60 in Visa GC, $2.50 OYNO Meijer, $6 OYNO Kroger, $13 RR @ Wags, $36.82 CVS #1, $6.87 CVS #2, $5 Kmart GC, and $5 Subway GC.
Today I spent:
CVS $.60, However this was lower than 10%
Target $2.85 for three bags of dog food and two Gerber Graduates.
New total $197.15

For breakfast - oatmeal/breakfast bar. Lunch - Leftovers. Dinner - White Castle microwave burgers, corn, and maybe oven fries (if I get off the computer now and go fix them) :giggle2:

Good luck everyone!

Courtney

cody82414
09-01-2009, 02:32:09 PM

I worked my butt off a few years ago on pears,
and they spoiled:sad:

cody82414
09-01-2009, 02:34:08 PM
bring them to a boil pour into clean jars with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of lemon juice place flats/lids on and they will seal themselves. Works for me! Wish I had some but no garden this year.

jars and lids found, dusted off, and in the dishwasher sterilizing now.:smile:
I asked DH for his help,
but he thought I was talking about something else :wink7:

jenrose
09-01-2009, 02:45:50 PM
jars and lids found, dusted off, and in the dishwasher sterilizing now.:smile:
I asked DH for his help,
but he thought I was talking about something else :wink7:

:hysterical:

Lucky1307
09-01-2009, 03:03:24 PM
Happy 1st of September all! Even though it was only50 degrees this morning. 20 days until DS1 14th birthday and driving permit(starting to feel old). Another great mail day today. 2 awesome train envies, a q for a free box of Lipton tea(no idea why I got it but it would rude not to use it) and a $3 target q from Glade. Stayed at home and enjoyed more fall cleaning..oh the joy. Spent $3 on q's but not planning any trips tonight. I am working on my list for my 1st round of stockpiling trips.

Breakfast= DS's school, me poptart(DS2 couldn't finish it before getting on the bus)
Lunch= DS's school, me leftover hot dogs
Supper= Tacos

cdarrow26
09-01-2009, 03:11:01 PM
The meal plan this week is: 1) Stuffed Bell Peppers, Mac & Cheese w/broccoli; 2) Macaroni Grill Meal Kit (from Mega Sale - hope its good) and carrots; 3) Sausage & Mushroom Homemade Pizza; 4) Beef Tips & Gravy w/Rice & Corn; 5) Breakfast for Dinner; 6) Dinner at a friends. :biggrin:

I have had several of the Macaroni Grill meal kits and I LOVE them. My grocery just had them clearanced out and I had $1 Q's so I bought a bunch more. My favorites (all I've had...LOL!) are the Chicken Marsala, Chicken Alfredo and Basil Chicken.

cdarrow26
09-01-2009, 03:13:33 PM
I have an incredible Pear Bread recipe. Everyone that has tasted it has LOVED it. Let me know if you'd like it and I will post it here!

jenrose
09-01-2009, 03:30:14 PM
Ok, Menu time. (I really need to get into the planning like some of you)

Breakfast: Me Bagelful, DH-nothing (he rarely eats in the morning) DS's at Grandmas
Lunch: DS's at Grandmas, Me Peperoni sticks & other junk LOL, DH-I have no idea LOL
Dinner: I'm still thinking about that. DS1 is staying over at Gmas so it will just be Me, DH & DS2.

Tomorrow:
Breakfast: DS's at Grandmas, Me & DH probably nothing
Lunch: DS's at Grandmas, Me-just munch, DH either Leftovers or???
Dinner: Deepfry Nuggets & frenchfries on the go meal.

I need to eat healthier and plan meals. HELP LOL! The remainder of the week will be meals with others so that is all planned out :-)

jenrose
09-01-2009, 03:31:08 PM
I have an incredible Pear Bread recipe. Everyone that has tasted it has LOVED it. Let me know if you'd like it and I will post it here!

Oooooo Please do.

cody82414
09-01-2009, 03:50:24 PM
So here we go with September (does anybody else have that song playing in their head today? "September" used to be the song at the skating rink. Come on, some of you know the song....get it stuck in your head and out of mine.:hysterical:)

"Do you remember?
The 21st night of Sept-em-ber."

That one?
Wow! You must be around my age:whistle67:

cody82414
09-01-2009, 03:51:45 PM
Spent $61.80 at Giant Eagle. I saved 44% and will be mailing this receipt in for the Smirnoff $20/$50 rebate. I stocked up on some things that rarely go on sale here.

No doubt that total will go down as your rebates come in:BigHand:

phinphana
09-01-2009, 04:27:37 PM
L: Peanut butter and cream cheese sandwich. we are out of Jam lol
Snack apple and cheese.
D:? still working on my plan.

phin

MoneySavinDiva
09-01-2009, 04:47:11 PM
Happy September!! Fall is my FAVE time of year, so I'm practically giddy over the chilly temps and fall like weather!! No spending today, btw...

Meals...

Breakfast - Cereal for me, not sure what hubs had...I left for work before he got up
Lunch - I ate at work...I'm guessing hubs had leftovers
Supper - i don't know yet...I haven't gotten this weeks menu plan written up yet :whistle67:

rtnrjk
09-01-2009, 05:04:28 PM
Breakfast oatmeal
snacks yogurt,peanuts
lunch leftover steak
dinner chili in the crockpot
This was all stuff I had on hand
Also I mailed 5 NBPR MIR's. I rec'd $ 56.00 in MIR rebates. A couple I thought would never come. I was very excited. I think I will use most of that $ at Wal Mart this week to get Digirno Pizza thats on sale for another MIR to send in.

So far I'm $ 56 in the good. Yeah.

fungirl2727
09-01-2009, 05:11:46 PM
I have never done rebates before I need to start doing that though I could even save even more money on my food. My goal for the month is 300 and I haven't spend anything yet. I need to pick some bread up tomorow and something to make for dinner hubby is picky.

rdot
09-01-2009, 05:18:40 PM
The first day of the challenge rocks! I love that "clean slate" feeling.

Here is how I did today:

Walgreens store 1

Reach Floss
Carefree
Scrunci clips
lollipop

Before qs/saving 11.22
After qs/savings 1.08 (under 10%)

Walgreens store 2

Mini highlighter
Rembrandt toothpaste
Lays chips
Carefree

Before qs/savings 17.14
After qs/savings .58 (under 10%)

Walmart
9 Starkist Tuna pouches

before qs/savings 9.72
after qs/savings 4.86

Publix

2 Aunt Jemima Pancakes
2 scotch mailers
4 boxes popcorn

total before qs/savings 18.27
total after qs/savings 1.53 (less than 10%)

Here's the best part! I received 2 rebates today. Heiniken block party and Heiniken gift card 30.00 total. I sure could have used it last month when I was over budget - :hysterical:

Todays spending 4.86
Rebates received today 30.00

Total September spending = profit of 25.14

Breakfast - Pancakes
Lunch - Salad
Dinner - Hot Dogs/Sandwiches
Snack - Tortilla chips and Velveeta/Rotel dip

cheynesnana
09-01-2009, 05:42:42 PM
Ok.. so far so good.. LOL.. no spend day for me!

Breakfast - Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lunch - Chocolate Chip Cookies.. (sensing a theme here.. lol)
Dinner - Shrimp with cocktail sauce

CouponSAHM
09-01-2009, 05:48:12 PM
'Evening all :wavehi:
Today was the last day of tripples and boy I'm exhausted!! I have a total of 77lbs of ground beef and 14lbs of lunchmeat though!! :BigHand:
Here are my totals for today:
Store #1 Original Price $74.84 OOP $15.26
Store #2 Original Price $60.28 OOP $3.16 (below 10%)
Store #3 Original Price $73.66 OOP $4.15 (below 10%)
CVS (needed milk) Original Price $93.91 OOP $1.35 (below 10%) even without the meter's crazy original price I was still below 10% :giggle2:

Dinner tonight was...Pork!! Haha you just knew I was gonna say hamburger meat!! After 4 days of dividing ground beef into 1lb packages, it was the last thing on earth I wanted to cook!!
I have 3 freezers and every last square inch is filled. I hope to upload some pictures soon!
Thanks everyone for the great posts, I love reading everyone's ongoing stories.:smile:

cjpsmom
09-01-2009, 06:08:44 PM
"Do you remember?
The 21st night of Sept-em-ber."

That one?
Wow! You must be around my age:whistle67:

I think I am give or take a year! I'm glad someone else knew the song-I have been singing and acting like I was skating all day. Whew...those were the days.:hysterical:

MoneySavinDiva
09-01-2009, 06:10:13 PM
Forgot to update what I'll be starting this month with...

...$15 Target gift card
...$10 prepaid debit card from a rebate
...$12 RR
...$27.97 ECB's (plus $21.84 ECB's in Raincheck form :giggle2:)
...29 postage stamps
...and several rebate forms awaiting the final details and to be mailed off :BigHand:

cjpsmom
09-01-2009, 06:11:27 PM
Happy 1st of September all! Even though it was only50 degrees this morning.

Aaaaw man, y'all are killin' me.:sad:

cdarrow26
09-01-2009, 06:27:52 PM
Pear Bread
Makes 2 8x5 Loaves
3 c. flour
1/4 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 T. ground cinnamon
3/4 c. oil
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 c. peeled shredded pears (I usually chop mine, I like the "chunks" better")
1 c. chopped pecans (I omit-don't do nuts!)
2 t. vanilla extract
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Make well in center. In a separate bowl combine oil, eggs, sugar, pears and vanilla. Blend well. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened. Spoon into 2 greased and floured pans.
Bake at 325 for 45-55 minutes.

cjpsmom
09-01-2009, 06:56:20 PM
I had to stop today, DH was out of Dew-OMG.
Harvey's
3-loaves of bread
$3.09

The Dew was a big screw up-I thought they were cheaper here but they went up in price. I was already too far to go back into town with milk in the car (you don't play around here with perishables) so I paid for it....the Dew (not 2 ltr either, he likes the bottles).
Fred's
6 pk 24 oz DEW
Total OOP $4.11

DH also stopped at the quick stop on the way to work for a.......Dew.
$1.47

Total for Sept $8.67

I hate to pick on DH about the Dew but it's hardly ever on sale, much less a coupon available. I will say this is all about the deals that aren't available not about him fussin' about being out because believe it or not he doesn't fuss at all. Now if it was me that was out of Pepsi :hectic1: we'd have problems, let me tell ya.
That's all for today as far as spending and as far as me also. Gotta little bad weather going on, have a good night.:wavehi:

Lucky1307
09-01-2009, 07:09:26 PM
I had to stop today, DH was out of Dew-OMG.

Dew (not 2 ltr either, he likes the bottles).

I hate to pick on DH about the Dew but it's hardly ever on sale, much less a coupon available.

I can relate so much. I start my morning with Dt Dew. I wish they would put out better q's for the 6 packs. This week I will be getting them 5/$12(with store q). I have to do what I have to do.:wink7:

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 07:45:56 PM
These are the thing that I have on hand I will try to do better this month.

ECB on hand card # 1 : 44.14 +
Card # 2:9.99
Albertsons: 11 cat
Walgreens: 6 cat
Rite Aid : less than $5

I have build up a lot ECB .

I have a question if I buy the Contour. What is the saving will be the 14.99 or the inflate saving.

For last month I only calculate the sale that I save not the inflated high price saving.

Phin

Hey Phin, someone else may have already answered you, but I think you just count the 14.99, since that is how it rings up. I hope that answers your question!:wavehi:

tambro
09-01-2009, 07:54:37 PM

Now, that is what I call breakfast.:BigHand:

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 07:56:31 PM
There are many more I can't believe I let many years of rebates opportunities go by. Oh well my ignorance. Now I know I am grateful for this forum so I can learn and do more saving.

Phin
Phin, don't feel bad. We are all ignorant when it comes to this stuff. It is a learning process for everyone. We can all learn from each other, and we will get it eventually!

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 07:59:43 PM

Cody, I sent you a pm, but your best bet is to freeze your "maters" unless you already having canning supplies on hand.

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 08:11:30 PM

ELLE-TN, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but processing tomatoes this way isn't safe. Once they are put into jars they need to be processed in a hot water bath canner for 45 minutes to seal the jars properly, and to eliminate bacteria. Otherwise you are running the risk of exposing your family to botulism.

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 08:12:47 PM
I have a really great recipe for pear butter if you would like to try it, lmk!

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 08:17:27 PM
Fall is approaching (poo to those with 66 degree mornings though-you know who you are),
Hey girlfriend, you watch that poo slinging! :dealwithit::dealwithit:

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 08:22:00 PM

Yes please post it! My MIL is going to have a bumper crop of pears this year, so we will have a lot to work with!

Sorry, I posted this before I read far enough to realize you already had! I look forward to trying this!

Zwella Ingrid
09-01-2009, 08:50:52 PM
Well now that I have caught up and commented on everyone's posts, I will tell you about my day. For breakfast I had a couple of pieces of raisin cinnamon bread. DH has a buddy who gets outdated pepperidge farm products, and he will occasionally bring us a big garbage bag full of goodies. I had this in the freezer, so I popped it out the other day and made toast this morning. Very good. Then I proceeded to eat my way through the morning at work! But we won't go into the particulars! For lunch I brought leftover soup. For supper tonight I made rice, and chicken, and green beans from the garden. I stopped by Krogers to get the chicken because I am totally out, and failed to stockpile during the last sale, so I'm kind of "hosed" on the chicken right now. I also felt like brown rice, so I picked up a box of rice. I only had a $1 off coupon for the chicken, so my total was $6.07 DD wanted to go do mega sale tonight, since we didn't go Saturday, and she had money now, and so did I since I was on a new month now. I got syrup, pancake mix, 3 cans of bush grillin beans, oep taco seasoning, tortillas, quaker rice cakes-I'm addicted, bc potatoes,oep taco kit, bread and cat food. I spent $12.49 after coupons and shortcuts, which I was not very happy with, but the items were all (except for the rice cakes) things we were out of, and needed, so I guess it is alright, but alot of money for the first day! Take that back, I didn't need the bc potatoes one little bit, but with the coupon and shortcut it was a dirt cheap filler to make the 10. While I was there, I saw they had minutemaid frozen lemonade novelties on sale for $1 each, and I knew I had 50 cent coupons that would double, at home, so I came home, got the coupons and went back. I could only find 5, I know I have more, but was running out of time. So I got 5 free boxes, and I caved and bought DS2 some Snyder pretzels, so my oop was $2.49. I also went to CVS, but thankfully I knew how to shop there (I think I've lost my Kroger shopping chops...) At CVS I spent $1.32 oop which is under 10%, but remember I am counting it all this time, so my total for the day is: $22.37! That is a big hunk for the very first day. Not a good way to start out. I don't think I'll go back to Krogers except for frees. :sad:

phinphana
09-02-2009, 12:04:00 AM
G'evening.......

D: Pizza, Salad and Warm delight for desert.

I did four rounds with 3 different Albertsons.

#1 :$15.02- 66% saving 10 Keebler + other nessacity will get $10 rebate back
#2:$12.44 -52% saving 10 Keebler + other nessacity will get $10 rebate back
#3:$8.93- 61% saving10 Keebler + other nessacity will get $10 rebate back
#4:$8.65-66% saving10 Keebler + other nessacity will get $10 rebate back

Total for the today is $45.04 will do rebate for 4-$10 rebates

I was too exhausted so I couldn't do 2 more transactions. I did the last two last month. so The Photo Kellogg's calendar -there 8 rebates. so I guess I will have to wait for next sales coming to do the rest.

I am so glad I have enough snack for the rest of the years 60 Keebler sandwich crackers. I bought these crackers exclusively. I love them so much.I guess it back to school for me as well not just my son lol.

Phin

DebK1013
09-02-2009, 03:02:43 AM
We ate out of the stockpile today for all meals. Had to pick up milk last night though.

OOP $2.59 for the day.

cody82414
09-02-2009, 05:14:24 AM
Ok.. so far so good.. LOL.. no spend day for me!

Lunch - Chocolate Chip Cookies.. (sensing a theme here.. lol)

:giggle2: Luvin' it!!!!

ELLE-TN
09-02-2009, 06:00:31 AM
This is the way my grandma always did it.... my mom.... and myself.

If brought to a rolling boil (this kills the bacteria and serves the dual purpose of bringing the temperature up to seal the jars) and then put in steralized jars. The jars seal themselves - and yes I mean they seal tightly (listen for the lids to pop and upon examination they will be dipped inwards like you've used a canner) because of the extreme heat from within.

Of course it you wanted too, you could also use a pressure canner and get the job done too.

ELLE-TN, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but processing tomatoes this way isn't safe. Once they are put into jars they need to be processed in a hot water bath canner for 45 minutes to seal the jars properly, and to eliminate bacteria. Otherwise you are running the risk of exposing your family to botulism.

cody82414
09-02-2009, 06:55:02 AM
September 1st

Breakfast: cocoa puffs, milk, apple slices (coffee/milk/sugar)
Lunch: rice, broccoli/cauliflower, cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup
Snacks: cookies, tortilla chips
Dinner: hamburgers, and French fries

Canned 3 quarts of diced tomatoes. (I seriously am considering trading for coupons and saving that way versus all the work done to do it at home)
:wink7:

cody82414
09-02-2009, 06:56:44 AM
'evening all :wavehi:
Today was the last day of tripples and boy i'm exhausted!! I have a total of 77lbs of ground beef and 14lbs of lunchmeat though!! :bighand:

fantastic!!!!!

crabtree122202
09-02-2009, 07:02:11 AM
Tomatoes are one of those weird items to home can. It's acidity level is right on the boarder of needing a pressure canner instead of using a water-bath canner. You can do either but even the long times the water-bath takes, it still makes me nervous using it for tomatoes. A couple years ago (I'm sure most of you remember) there was a huge deal with botulism going around in many tomato canning plants. Even after only a year of one of these items sitting on someone's shelves, it would gas up and prodrude the top lid. If the manufacture's weren't doing it right- then home canners were strongly urged to use a pressure canner instead. Since then I have seen so many friends/family's home canned tomato jars that have pushed out due to the bacteria. I am super weary about it now and just use a pressure canner for diced/pureed tomatoes, pasta sauce and salsa. It is just too much time/work for them to go bad! :wink7:

Jenrose- DON'T make fruit leather with pears alone. I made about 100 large trays of fruit leather last year and figured out that pears don't work well on their own. They are so gritty/sandy feeling that after we dried the puree (with a tiny amount of sugar) it looked like the grand canyon! It split and separated every few centimeters and left these huge valleys! So it doesn't hold together well. So we mixed it with half apple puree the next time around and that did the trick. It was still kinda sandy but the apple helped it smooth out a little and keep it all one piece. You can add a bit of cinnamon to the puree too! My kiddos love these! We also made: just apple, plum, huckleberry, and rasp./blueberry one's. They are all in the freezer rolled up in saran wrap. We just take out a stick and cut it into 2 inch sections and serve! Super delicious cold too!

Cheynesnana- go you for eating cookies for breakfast!!! I seem to be doing that all too often with this pregnancy! I eat them with those Carnation Instant Breakfast Drinks- it's SO much healthier that way! :hysterical:

I need to post my totals from last night's shopping trip today. But I have an OB appt. in 2 hours I need to get ready for. (actually I need to pick up my house a little before my MIL comes over to babysit and see's it this dirty!) :whistle67:I need to post what I am starting the month off with as well!

Denise~

cody82414
09-02-2009, 07:02:51 AM
Forgot to update what I'll be starting this month with...

...$15 Target gift card
...$10 prepaid debit card from a rebate
...$12 RR
...$27.97 ECB's (plus $21.84 ECB's in Raincheck form :giggle2:)
...29 postage stamps
...and several rebate forms awaiting the final details and to be mailed off :BigHand:

Boy, do i need stamps!!!:wink7:

cody82414
09-02-2009, 07:08:24 AM
Phin, don't feel bad. We are all ignorant when it comes to this stuff. It is a learning process for everyone. We can all learn from each other, and we will get it eventually!

:nodding: me too! I'm learning along with the rest of you all!!

phinphana
09-02-2009, 07:19:28 AM

Thanks Zwella Ingrid....for your encouragement :biggrin:

cody82414
09-02-2009, 07:49:02 AM
September 2nd

Breakfast: cocoa puffs, milk, poptarts, (coffee/milk/sugar)
Lunch: lo beef, corn and potatoes
Snacks: bagelfuls, diet coke
Dinner: Tyson chicken breasts, GG brocollii steamers, Knorr rice side

HAVE to get rid of this horrible headache I woke up with.
Picked-up 52 inserts dd’ing this morning.
Must listen to the road construction crew who are scarifying our gravel road today (but it needs it BADly).
Had to listen to DS1 hollering when I dropped him off at kindergarten again this morning (this is not going well…)
HAVE to go get milk today. Used Nesquik in my coffee :giggle2:(not too bad!)
HAVE to get DS2’s hair cut today. This in itself is a chore!!
Spending the night at Grandma’s in the city because the two little ones have dental check-ups at 8 a.m.:rolleyes24: (this too is adding to the pressure in my head…)
At least it’s nice and cool again today,
so I can keep working on changing out the kids seasonal clothes:wink7:

phinphana
09-02-2009, 08:41:10 AM
B: egg and bacon burritos
L: will clockpot pulled pork
D: same
Shopping: Albertsons will get free paper plates-combining Avenue saving and sales with 2/1q. too bad I only got 4 qs I hope I got more since every 2 chinets I will get .50 everage.

Phin

coupongirl69
09-02-2009, 08:43:48 AM
I really don't know how this works so I'm just going to wing it and you guys help guide me around if you don't mind.

I am starting out with no gift cards and no rebate $$.
September 1st

Breakfast: eggo waffles, DS #2 had cocoa krispies (coffee/milk/sugar)
Lunch: mac & cheese, tea and pack of juice
Snacks: cookies, pretzels
Dinner:Jerk Chicken, green beans (canned), 1/2 of Cole's garlic loaf, corn on cob
All of this from stockpile no money spent yesterday. Woo Hoo

jenrose
09-02-2009, 08:44:22 AM
I am sittin here at work in my jeans and a FLEECE sweatshirt. September came in with a cooler temperature that I just don't think I was really ready for. My hands are freezing! :whistle67:

OH well. We had a HOT summer so I shouldn't complain too much about the cool down. Except that we haven't gotten any pellets for the pellet stove yet and we are virtually out! We better get on the ball with that one.

No spending so far. I haven't stepped foot into a store yet this week.

I can't wait to try that Pear Bread but will have to do that next week. The pears should be good until then.

loveebella
09-02-2009, 09:16:46 AM
Ok hubby did not have a gift card for Starbucks,but I very nicely told him we would have no more 2.11 drinks for the month of Sept..LOL J/K I told him I signed us up for Sept Challenge and he is all for it. He loves saving money.
So yesterday's total
2.11 Starbucks
1.86 at Target on GC saved 12.48 no oop
Okay how do I calculate for CVS?
My total was 3.48 + .29 in tax so 3.77 - 3.00 ECB I paid 0.77 oop
So total oop for Sept 1 is 2.88. Right?
I am going to go to WalMart (again) I keep forgetting Starch and we have a mouse that needs to be terminated he is pooing on my table and hubby is very grossed out couldn't even eat his dinner, also need to go to Homeland they just put out there new ad and I want/need to go get some stuff. So I will def have oop today.
Breakfast DS cereal
Lunch Sandwhich
Dinner I have no idea maybe quesadilla's?

cody82414
09-02-2009, 09:22:26 AM
Okay how do I calculate for CVS?
My total was 3.48 + .29 in tax so 3.77 - 3.00 ECB I paid 0.77 oop
So total oop for Sept 1 is 2.88. Right?

Was the $3.48 after coupons or before?
You would use the before coupon total + tax as the base. If, as in your example, it was $7.70 or more, you only spent 10%, so that would not count towards your monthly oop.

If however, all you got totaled $3.77, then yes, that .77 would count towards your oop. Make cent$??

cody82414
09-02-2009, 09:25:09 AM
I really don't know how this works so I'm just going to wing it and you guys help guide me around if you don't mind.

I am starting out with no gift cards and no rebate $$.
September 1st

Breakfast: eggo waffles, DS #2 had cocoa krispies (coffee/milk/sugar)
Lunch: mac & cheese, tea and pack of juice
Snacks: cookies, pretzels
Dinner:Jerk Chicken, green beans (canned), 1/2 of Cole's garlic loaf, corn on cob
All of this from stockpile no money spent yesterday. Woo Hoo

This all looks great!

There really aren't any requirements of what to post,
except your oop totals.
The rest,
including what we have to start with,
menu planning,
recipes,
daily life chat,
etc.
is all 'extra'.

But we all LOVE it:BigHand:

Lucky1307
09-02-2009, 10:14:51 AM
I am sittin here at work in my jeans and a FLEECE sweatshirt. September came in with a cooler temperature that I just don't think I was really ready for. My hands are freezing! :whistle67:

OH well. We had a HOT summer so I shouldn't complain too much about the cool down. Except that we haven't gotten any pellets for the pellet stove yet and we are virtually out! We better get on the ball with that one.

No spending so far. I haven't stepped foot into a store yet this week.

I can't wait to try that Pear Bread but will have to do that next week. The pears should be good until then.

We haven't decided if we need more pellets yet. We have 1/2 a pallet of them that we didn't use last year(we had to wait for insurance approval before we could move the stove into the house). We got a great deal last year at Orscheln's $189 for a pallet. It was higher this year so we passed it up and I am worried that we might be in for a cold one.

DS1 had a dr appt this am, I hate that hour drive. What's worst is I love the Walmart over there but I needed to get DS to school(he didn't think so). Stopped at Kum n Go for gas, Dt Dew(my head was killing me), chocolate milk and sandwich for DS. Oop $5.38, there will be more oop this evening as I have to pick up DS's script. My game plan is to leave SO and DS's in car while I go straight to the pharmacy and straight out. Then I need to stop at Hy-vee or Fareway for milk, lettuce and potatoes. I will take DS2 in with me because he always reminds me that if I don't have a q we don't need it.:hysterical:

Breakfast= peanut butter chocolate chip cookies(DS2 said please Mommy just one) and he'll eat at school, DS1=sandwich
Lunch= DS's school

jenrose
09-02-2009, 10:37:04 AM
We haven't decided if we need more pellets yet. We have 1/2 a pallet of them that we didn't use last year(we had to wait for insurance approval before we could move the stove into the house). We got a great deal last year at Orscheln's $189 for a pallet. It was higher this year so we passed it up and I am worried that we might be in for a cold one.

We have to keep the house warmer than I would normally since DS2 won't keep a blanket on him at night. We use Pellets solely to heat (our electric forced air furnace hasn't been used since before we moved in 7 years ago) and I think we went thru 3-4 tons last year :shock1: and we do not even have a single bag left!

We are thinking of getting this cool space heater thing that DH's Grandma bought last year. It cut her power bill down a lot from electric heat and it is completely safe to use with the kiddos. That will help alot with not having to worry about the pellet stove running out when we are gone overnight camping and such.

loveebella
09-02-2009, 10:41:57 AM
please please pray for my best friend amanda. She is 6 months pregnant and in the er. SHE IS IN ALOT OF PAIN AND THROWING UP. I do not know what is wrong BUT her hubby is going to call me as soon as he knows something.. SHE JUST HAD A MISCARRIAGE LAST NOV PLEASE PRAY FOR HER

jenrose
09-02-2009, 10:47:20 AM
please please pray for my best friend amanda. She is 6 months pregnant and in the er. SHE IS IN ALOT OF PAIN AND THROWING UP. I do not know what is wrong BUT her hubby is going to call me as soon as he knows something.. SHE JUST HAD A MISCARRIAGE LAST NOV PLEASE PRAY FOR HER

My thoughts are with all of you.

hfawn
09-02-2009, 10:48:24 AM

Sounds like it could be her gallbladder. I've had a few friends experience gallbladder attacks while pregnant, and they described it just like you did. Hope she is feeling better soon!

phinphana
09-02-2009, 11:01:57 AM

My prayer goes to your friend and her baby.

Phin

jenrose
09-02-2009, 11:14:26 AM
Phin I love the siggy LOL

phinphana
09-02-2009, 11:36:48 AM
Phin I love the siggy LOL

Thanks jenrose :biggrin::smile::BigHand:

cody82414
09-02-2009, 12:03:08 PM

Gosh yes!
Please let us know what you hear!

Lucky1307
09-02-2009, 12:05:24 PM

I hope everything will turn out okay. Prayer said for your friend and her baby.

hfawn
09-02-2009, 12:09:44 PM
Alright, I am jumping this month with both feet! We recently started Dave Ramsey's TMMO and we are trying to cut back so that we can accelerate our debt payoff. A challenge like this is just what I need! I usually get $150 biweekly for groceries/toiletries/household items, so this month I'm going to shoot for $200 (hopefully I can do better than that though!). That would give me an extra $100 to roll into our debt snowball.

Starting with:
$68 Wags RR
$30 ECBs card #1
$30 EBCs card #2

Breakfast: Waffles
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: BBQ Baked Potatoes with leftover BBQ beef from last night

coupongirl69
09-02-2009, 01:06:17 PM
Sept. 2
Breakfast: Blueberry poptart, sobe lifewater, DS#2 Cookies and Cream Poptart and milk (coffee/milk/sugar)
Lunch: split pea and ham soup made by campbell's
Snacks: brownie with walnuts that DD made last night
Dinner: Homemade meatballs, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and diced apples.
All of this from stockpile no money spent today. Woo Hoo

Don't forget that Target has their 80/20 hamburger meat for $1.49 a pack limit 6 (If it's not ok to post this here as a reminder, feel free to delete. Just thought it might help someone.

CouponSAHM
09-02-2009, 01:13:15 PM
I just want to give a big kudos to my DH. He has taken his lunch to work for 2 weeks straight!!!!!!! :BigHand::BigHand:
This has been an on-going struggle ever since I began couponing. And he finally got on board! He has saved his family about $72 already!!
Now I better stay focused on this challenge or I'll be the one hearing it :giggle2:

rtnrjk
09-02-2009, 01:35:20 PM
Somebody wanted hotdog recipe: Corndog

1 Jiffy Cornbread Box Mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
2 hot dogs, quartered or diced

Directions:

Dice up the hot dogs. Mix the Jiffy mix, milk, and egg. Stir in the hot dogs. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.Allow to cool.
Freezing Directions:

Once cool place in gallon freezer bag and freeze. To serve: reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Servings: 9

I didn't spend anything today so I'm still $56 to the good because of rebates. Haven't been able to get to the store but I like that I'm not spending money.

Breakfast: oatmeal ( I'm boring)
Lunch: hardboiled eggs
snacks: cantalope,peanuts,yogurt
dinner: Honey chicken, cucumbers/tomatoes from the garden.

Zwella Ingrid
09-02-2009, 01:45:39 PM
Tomatoes are one of those weird items to home can. It's acidity level is right on the boarder of needing a pressure canner instead of using a water-bath canner. You can do either but even the long times the water-bath takes, it still makes me nervous using it for tomatoes. A couple years ago (I'm sure most of you remember) there was a huge deal with botulism going around in many tomato canning plants. Even after only a year of one of these items sitting on someone's shelves, it would gas up and prodrude the top lid. If the manufacture's weren't doing it right- then home canners were strongly urged to use a pressure canner instead. Since then I have seen so many friends/family's home canned tomato jars that have pushed out due to the bacteria. I am super weary about it now and just use a pressure canner for diced/pureed tomatoes, pasta sauce and salsa. It is just too much time/work for them to go bad! :wink7:

The problem with canning tomatoes as you stated above is that over the years, seed developers have bred the acidity out of tomatoes, or in some cases just lowered it. That is the root of the problem many experienced. The acidic level is raised by the addition of lemon juice. Certainly one could pressure can tomatoes as a precautionary measure, but it is unnecessary as long as you follow the directions for adding lemon juice, and if they are processed in an adequate amount of time-45 minutes (for quarts) after boiling begins, in a water bath canner. If anything at all is added to tomatoes, such as peppers, or onions in a salsa, it definitely needs to be pressure canned, as the addition of other ingredients lowers the acidic level to where it is unsafe to water bath can.

Elle-TN, back to what you were saying, I know many old timers canned that way and got away with it. My mother actually showed me a similar method, but as more knowledge has been gained over the years about what causes botulism, unfortunately these methods have been determined to be unsafe. We were very fortunate not to have gotten any ill effects from canning this way, and it is possible of course that at the time we were using these methods, the acidic level of the tomatoes were much higher, so the risk of problems occuring was much lower.

If any of you all are interested in learning about safe canning methods, check out the Ball Blue book, which gives information on all kinds of canning, and how to do it safely.

cnholland54
09-02-2009, 02:11:42 PM
Today's Spending
Wag's $1.73, used $5 RR, got back $7
Meijer $19.20, used $2.50 OYNO, got back $4
Kroger $5.96, used $6 OYNO
Total $26.89
Balance $197.15 - 26.89 = $170.26

Breakfast - Toast
Snacks - Granola Bar
Lunch - Mac n Cheese
Dinner - Egg Casserole & Bacon

cody82414
09-02-2009, 02:35:45 PM
Alright, I am jumping this month with both feet! We recently started Dave Ramsey's TMMO and we are trying to cut back so that we can accelerate our debt payoff. A challenge like this is just what I need! I usually get $150 biweekly for groceries/toiletries/household items, so this month I'm going to shoot for $200 (hopefully I can do better than that though!). That would give me an extra $100 to roll into our debt snowball.

Starting with:
$68 Wags RR
$30 ECBs card #1
$30 EBCs card #2

Breakfast: Waffles
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: BBQ Baked Potatoes with leftover BBQ beef from last night

:welcome92:

cheynesnana
09-02-2009, 03:17:02 PM
Well didn't do too good today.. wasn't planning on going to the store but made a sudden trip after the Dr..

1st Transaction:

1 Fresh Pet Dog Food - $1.99
1 Purina One Cat Food - $5.99
6 York Patties - $4.44
1 Aspirin - $.99
1 2Ltr Faygo - $1.09
2 Trident Gum (Grandchildren were with me. :rolleyes24:) - $2.30
1 Gal Milk - $1.98
1 Lb Meijer Butter - $2.99
1 Pkg. Chicken - $3.15
1 Pkg. Pork Chops - $3.51
2 Kashi Cereal - $7.12
1 Bread - $.98
1 Potato Chips - $3.00

2 Free Kashi Cereal - (-) $7.12
Store Sale on Candy - (-) $4.44
Meijer Coupon for Cat Food - (-) $5.00
Meijer Promo for Fresh Pet - (-) $1.99
Tax - $.12

Total OOP - $23.32

Transaction #2:

Meijer Cat Food Coupon - (-) $5.00
Tax - $.06

Total OOP - $1.05

Transaction #3

6 Snickers - $4.44

Meijer Cat Food Coupon - (-) $5.00
Candy Promo - (-) $2.22
Tax - $.06

Total OOP - $3.27

Stopped at an orchard and got 4 ears of Sweet Corn and 2 tomatoes for $1.00

Total OOP 9/2 - $28.64 :hectic1:

cheynesnana
09-02-2009, 03:18:07 PM
Breakfast - Coffee w/ Creamer
Lunch - Coke
Dinner - Pork Chops, Applesauce, Sweet Corn

rdot
09-02-2009, 03:56:15 PM
Somebody wanted hotdog recipe: Corndog

1 Jiffy Cornbread Box Mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
2 hot dogs, quartered or diced
Directions:

Dice up the hot dogs. Mix the Jiffy mix, milk, and egg. Stir in the hot dogs. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.Allow to cool.
Freezing Directions:

Once cool place in gallon freezer bag and freeze. To serve: reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Servings: 9

Awesome! Thanks for the recipe.:biggrin:

rdot
09-02-2009, 04:04:28 PM
Went to Publix today. I bought:

Mrs. Paul's fish Sticks - free after q
Bagged Salad
4 boxes of Popsicles
2 bags FF Cheese
2 Kraft Singles
4 Boxes Cheez-its
3 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix
4 mailers
No yolk Noodles
2 bags Lays chips
2 diet coke 20 oz - free q
Cascade Rinse - free q
Chips Ahoy - free q

Total before qs/saving 82.03
Total after qs/savings 13.26 (on gift card received from Kraft)

So no OOP today:BigHand:

MoneySavinDiva
09-02-2009, 04:30:19 PM

She and her family are all in my prayers. Keep us updated on how she is doing.

kittensqueak
09-02-2009, 04:30:56 PM
Work trip...I got fed yesterday and today...so far no $$$$ spent!!

MoneySavinDiva
09-02-2009, 04:38:46 PM
No spend again today! I got a trade envie in the mail and sent out two trades and one rebate this morning before work.

Meals...

Breakfast - I had toast with pb&j, idk what hubs had...I left for work before he was up again
Lunch - I ate at work, don't know what hubs had this meal either. I ran home on break shortly after lunchtime and he wasn't here, so I'm guessing he ate at his parents (it's his day off)
Supper - I have some potroast that mil sent home with hubs a few days back. I kind of forgot about it in the back of the fridge :whistle67: so we'll have that, ceasar salad and watermelon
Snacks - I ate snacks at work with the kids, hubs doesn't snack

cody82414
09-02-2009, 05:07:56 PM
Snacks - hubs doesn't snack

WHAT???? (I would die)
That's CAR-azy:confused58:

MoneySavinDiva
09-02-2009, 05:10:16 PM
WHAT???? (I would die)
That's CAR-azy:confused58:

I find it incredibly strange too. Cuz pretty sure I eat like, ALL the time! :whistle67:

W0Wme
09-02-2009, 05:10:45 PM
Off to a great start! Haven't had to spend a penny yet. All the meals have been from our stockpile. I had some bananas I needed to use and ended up making two banana breads. Going to send one with DH to work for the guys in the morning, they always love that. I also made some cornbread using MW Cornbread Mix, and had that for lunch with some honey butter....ahhh that hit the spot today. I think I will make some tuna salad tomorrow and deviled eggs for lunch. I will keep ya posted.

cody82414
09-02-2009, 05:12:10 PM
I find it incredibly strange too. Cuz pretty sure I eat like, ALL the time! :whistle67:

I really like you!! :hug25:

phinphana
09-02-2009, 06:27:35 PM
My lunch and dinner not as planed since I cooked late so thats pulled pork gonna be tomorrow menu.

L: I ate velveeta cup sun ate the same thing. and snack cheese crackers and orange juice.
D: Knorr chicken rice + stir fried beans with bacon
Albertsons damaged $ 2.36 88.4 % saving only 1.6 % saving shy for the 10 %
Total is .87 but the tax is way too high like 1.49.

2-air wick imotion kit
2 chinet paper plates
1-Frozen Green beans
2-Velveeta cups.
I will go and do again 2 more transactions tonight.
I will update spending end of the day.

Phin

Domestic Gal
09-02-2009, 07:08:07 PM
No spend yet for me this month.
Will need some fruit and milk by the end of the week so I will stop at Aldi's after work on Friday as they have
watermelons $2.49 each
cantaloupes .99 each
grapes .79 lb
bananas .39 lb
milk 1.69

Made a new pasta dish yesterday was quite tastey
Today made corn beef, cabbage, green beans

Planted some lettuce and radishes today hopefully they will be ready to harvest before it gets to cold here.
Picked 6 green peppers and about 20 tomato's yesterday. Still have some yellow squash growing and producing also.
Made 8 pints of salsa with them.

Tomorrow will probably be leftovers.

Lucky1307
09-02-2009, 07:55:11 PM
I know that my DS's are a blessing and although I might tell them I would like to sell them on Ebay, I would never do such a thing. However what I would had given for a mute button once they got home from school. The fighting starting instantly(real tears and all), then because they were both in trouble they annoyed me through the entire store(they gang up on me when they are both in trouble) and once we got home it was a serious of "no I won't, no I didn't". Good night Mom did not come soon enough. Sorry about the rant.
Unplanned stockpile trip just kind of happened. Walmart got in and out with the scripts and AAA batteries(DS2 has asked for them for over a month and I just kept forgetting) so oop $1.04. Fareway was good. I either missed some items in the ad or they are weekly store deals~I loved it.

Beef Sticks= 1.96
Livercheese= 3.11
1lbs Hamburger= .61
10 lbs Potatoes= 2.58
2 Uncrustables= 2.88
10 Tony's Pouches= 5.00
2 Wonder Buns= 1.98
Kraft String-Ums= 2.50
12 Mission Tortilla= 6.00
5 Dt Mt Dew= 12.00
1 Dr Pepper 6 pack= 1.00
20 Candy Bars= Free
Total OOP= 43.95

Lunch for SO and me were cold sandwiches.
Supper= Grilled pork chops, left over coleslaw, mashed potatoes and garlic cheddar biscuits

amy s
09-02-2009, 08:27:08 PM
OK, my goal is under 150 for the month including eating out. This will not include DD school lunches, that is $75.00 I have already spent $16.21 at Kmart ..... :(
However.... the State Fair is this weekend..so who knows? I may blow the whole budget right there! :)

amy s
09-02-2009, 08:31:28 PM
OK, Im going to give this a try. Ive been spending wayyyy too much at the grocery store lately. My budget for grocery/hba/eating out is $300 for the month. I live in the land of no doubles so keeping it real low is a challenge.

Good luck all!

Also in the land of NO doubles...well there is one store with inflated prices that doubles....
ANYWAY we are in the same boat! :)

cheynesnana
09-02-2009, 08:36:04 PM
I'm so excited! I found a store I didn't know existed.. and they double coupons!! Woo Hoo!!! They're the only ones in this area that double... yay!!! That will help with my budget big time!

loveebella
09-02-2009, 09:39:08 PM
I wanted to say thank you to all the people who kept my friend and her baby girl in your thoughts and or prayers.:thanks7: The baby is fine:BigHand: and so is she. Her DR thinks it might be kidney stones but her sono did not show any..? So they are going to talk with her tomorrow and let her know what is going on.

On to the oop I never did make it to WalMart but I did go to HomeLand I spent 7.72 and I saved 84%:BigHand:. New total is 10.60.
I got 2 chinets plates
2 Keebler cookies
2 Ronzoni
1 glade carpet powder stuff
1 Wholly Salsa
2 Kraft Singles
1 Starch
2 Campbells Brocolli and cheese
1 Huggies wipes
1 Morton Season
1 Scotch mailer
1 loaf of Wonder bread
I am going again tomorrow but once I run out of cash that is it till hubby gets paid next week:sad: but at the same time:biggrin: because less opp for me.
We did not eat quesadilla's we ate grilled cheese and brocolli and cheese soup for dinner and popsicles for dessert.

phinphana
09-02-2009, 11:30:02 PM
9/2/09

I had one shopping today
OOP $ 2.36

Bring total: $ 47.40

DebK1013
09-03-2009, 03:08:10 AM
Had to stop at store and pick up papertowels and bag of mixed veggies.

Total OOP $1.41.

Total so far OOP $4.00

MoneySavinDiva
09-03-2009, 04:41:04 AM
I know that my DS's are a blessing and although I might tell them I would like to sell them on Ebay, I would never do such a thing. However what I would had given for a mute button once they got home from school. The fighting starting instantly(real tears and all), then because they were both in trouble they annoyed me through the entire store(they gang up on me when they are both in trouble) and once we got home it was a serious of "no I won't, no I didn't". Good night Mom did not come soon enough. Sorry about the rant.
Unplanned stockpile trip just kind of happened. Walmart got in and out with the scripts and AAA batteries(DS2 has asked for them for over a month and I just kept forgetting) so oop $1.04. Fareway was good. I either missed some items in the ad or they are weekly store deals~I loved it.

Beef Sticks= 1.96
Livercheese= 3.11
1lbs Hamburger= .61
10 lbs Potatoes= 2.58
2 Uncrustables= 2.88
10 Tony's Pouches= 5.00
2 Wonder Buns= 1.98
Kraft String-Ums= 2.50
12 Mission Tortilla= 6.00
5 Dt Mt Dew= 12.00
1 Dr Pepper 6 pack= 1.00
20 Candy Bars= Free
Total OOP= 43.95

Lunch for SO and me were cold sandwiches.
Supper= Grilled pork chops, left over coleslaw, mashed potatoes and garlic cheddar biscuits

1st off...sorry your kids were so awful for you yesterday :sad:
2nd...how did you get the ground beef for only 61c?!?!
3rd...are the mission tortillas you got just regular tortillas? My ad has them on sale 2/$3 but it says something like "caseras" or some other weird word under it, so I didn't really know what that meant....and I have the $1/1 q's that I really want to use on this sale!!

bahaha...i'm such a compulsive list maker, even my posts reflect it , sorry! :whistle67:

MoneySavinDiva
09-03-2009, 04:50:52 AM
I really like you!! :hug25:

Awww...shucks :emb77:

cody82414
09-03-2009, 05:25:20 AM
I wanted to say thank you to all the people who kept my friend and her baby girl in your thoughts and or prayers.:thanks7: The baby is fine:BigHand: and so is she.

Amen!!

Lucky1307
09-03-2009, 05:51:02 AM
1st off...sorry your kids were so awful for you yesterday :sad:
2nd...how did you get the ground beef for only 61c?!?!
3rd...are the mission tortillas you got just regular tortillas? My ad has them on sale 2/$3 but it says something like "caseras" or some other weird word under it, so I didn't really know what that meant....and I have the $1/1 q's that I really want to use on this sale!!

bahaha...i'm such a compulsive list maker, even my posts reflect it , sorry! :whistle67:

1st~ Thank you, they were much better this morning
2nd~ There are these wonderful tearpad q'(got one in a recent train envie) $1 off beef or chicken wyb 2 wonder buns. Fareway has had buns for .99 all summer.
3rd~ They are the Caseras but I can't tell a difference, they are just a flour tortilla just a little larger I think. My Fareway had a display plus the shelf was full, but some of them on the shelf were bonus packs and had 2 extra.

I really need to work on my list making skills, you could tell yesterday at the store:whistle67:

cjpsmom
09-03-2009, 06:55:20 AM

I look at my sweats with longing.......But it was a nice cool 70 this morn with only about 30-40% humidity...things are looking up for me!:giggle2:

Lucky1307
09-03-2009, 07:09:42 AM
I look at my sweats with longing.......But it was a nice cool 70 this morn with only about 30-40% humidity...things are looking up for me!:giggle2:

Now that sounds better to me than the 51 we woke up to this morning. DS2 had a "frog" in his throat and tried to scream "Mommy I can't talk". Time to locate all the cold/flu stockpiles and my new slippers!

loveebella
09-03-2009, 07:11:53 AM
In your experience will a coupon for 1 of beef when you buy A1 double at a store that double's up to 1.00? Or will they have to manually enter in the 1.00? Is it YMMV? I found this tearpad last night and the A1 is on sale for 2.50.

cjpsmom
09-03-2009, 07:48:34 AM

I will take DS2 in with me because he always reminds me that if I don't have a q we don't need it.:hysterical:

What are these pellets y'all are referring to? I'm way down here and don't really get it-can you burn these for heat?:shrug7:

That's it-start 'em out young-they'll appreciate more.

cody82414
09-03-2009, 08:09:57 AM
What are these pellets y'all are referring to? I'm way down here and don't really get it-can you burn these for heat?:shrug7:

pellet burning stoves.
I had one when I lived in Wyoming.
Very 'green"
Heats the place for CHEAP!!

loveebella
09-03-2009, 09:23:17 AM
Breakfast DS's cereal me nothing DH nothing
Lunch DS's grilled cheese Cheese its and Keebler cookie Dh soup Me cheese its and keebler cookies
Dinner Chicken noodle soup and bisquits may change my mind I usually just kind of wing it. I guess if I planned my meals out I would not have to do that huh?

rtnrjk
09-03-2009, 09:27:47 AM
OK I finally got to WalMart to get the Digornio Pizzas that were on sale so I could mail in another MIR. I bought 9 pizzas (I had $1/1 coupons for each)and some chips that I had a free coupon. My total before coupons $49.42 and after $ 38.42. I will be getting a $20 rebate so I think I did OK. $2 per pizza not a bad deal. I couldn't make them for much cheaper. Especially with the toppings I got on them.

Since I had a $56 credit my new balance is now a credit of $ 13.58.
I also mailed a $5 MIR for salty snacks. I love when I get checks in the mail to help my budget.

Breakfast oatmeal ( I'm very boring)
Lunch Pizza LOL
Dinner not sure yet
snacks nuts,yogurt, chips

cjpsmom
09-03-2009, 09:43:04 AM
pellet burning stoves.
I had one when I lived in Wyoming.
Very 'green"
Heats the place for CHEAP!!

I guess that's pretty cool, we only use our central unit. But you know we don't really have to turn that on until maybe mid Nov/Dec. I always wanted to TRY living in the colder climate areas. I always thought it would be cool to live in Montana. DH always points out that it's -20 there! Are you crazy? My arguement is it's 98 here with 90% humidity, are you crazy? :hysterical: Like I said-I wanted to TRY, it's not like we ever will. A girl can dream can't she? (BTW I only have these "dreams" in July and he only points out the temp there in Dec.)

I have some figures to post but they will have to wait until the holiday is done. We're going camping this weekend and I'm all :hectic1: trying to get ready. I'll post when we return. Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!:wavehi:

fungirl2727
09-03-2009, 09:48:39 AM
alright I spent 36.00 dollar this time at the store and 10 yesterday so total 46.00 bucks

kandpsmom
09-03-2009, 10:31:05 AM
Hi all. I found this thread at the end of August and was amazed with it. I meant to look for the September thread when it started and forgot. Am I too late to play the game?
My house is full of chaos. I have an 8 yo and a 2 1/2 year old. The 2 1/2 yo has yet to pee in the potty and the size 6 diapers are killing me. 23 diapers for ... well too much IMO lol. I would love to get my weekly grocery/diaper budget down to $50. I do ok most weeks but there is definitely room for improvement. I'll have my first September shopping trip tomorrow. I am really hoping to stay in that $50 range.

Lucky1307
09-03-2009, 11:47:30 AM

We bought a corn/wood pellet stove a couple of years ago to help with the cost of LP heating. The house we bought last winter runs only on electric(each room has a base heater~I hate it). The electric heats well I just worry about things getting to close to the heaters and starting a fire plus I lose alot of potential stockpile space because of them. Anyway the pellets(we use wood) run the stove. We bought a pallet of pellets for $189 last winter~had to go out of state to get them, but was much cheaper than local stores. We store them in an outdoor shed and I got a nice little workout last winter carrying the 40lbs bags to the house(I convinced SO to move them to a closer shed this year:whistle67:). We used a bag every 2-3 days but we kept some of the base heaters on too. This will be the first year we are using it all winter and I hope to see a good reduction in our electric bill. It averaged $300/month last winter.

cody82414
09-03-2009, 12:00:44 PM
Hi all. I found this thread at the end of August and was amazed with it. I meant to look for the September thread when it started and forgot. Am I too late to play the game?
My house is full of chaos. I have an 8 yo and a 2 1/2 year old. The 2 1/2 yo has yet to pee in the potty and the size 6 diapers are killing me. 23 diapers for ... well too much IMO lol. I would love to get my weekly grocery/diaper budget down to $50. I do ok most weeks but there is definitely room for improvement. I'll have my first September shopping trip tomorrow. I am really hoping to stay in that $50 range.
Nope! Not too late to join!!
Welcome :smile:

coupongirl69
09-03-2009, 12:57:18 PM
Well, had to make a purchase of white bread because dear children think that wheat bread is toxic or something. $2.00 OOP for loaf of bread not on sale and no coupon. I hate that.
Breakfast: Apple coffee cake made from stockpile ingredients of (bisquick, dole diced apples, sugar, eggs, almond extract) coffee, with milk and sugar yum.
Lunch: Mozzarella cheese stick, last blueberry bagel with hazelnut cream cheese, the rest of coffee in pot from this morning made into a yummy iced coffee.
Dinner: had planned to make Teriyaki Chicken, with pasta and veggies but DS#2 brought home a flyer that their school is doing a fundraiser tonight at Pizza Hut so guess what, we're having pizza tonight. Will post that expense tomorrow.

cody82414
09-03-2009, 01:52:21 PM
Went to CVS.

Glade reed difuser 6.99
gallon of milk 1.99
tax .53
paid with $5 ecb, $3/1 q
$1.51 on gc
got $6.99 ecbs

Found .03:BigHand:

cnholland54
09-03-2009, 02:07:59 PM
No spending today...balance left $170.26.

Breakfast - Oatmeal
Snacks - Nutrigrain bar, granola bar
Lunch - Leftovers, applesauce
Dinner - Pepperoncini Beef sandwiches and pasta

kandpsmom
09-03-2009, 02:09:35 PM
ok let's see if I can do this right

total oop so far for September $0 will update tomorrow after shopping

I am starting off with
$13 ecbs

Breakfast- ds waffles, dd school breakfast, dh biscuit, me cereal
Lunch- ds and I ham and cheese wraps, dd PB sandwich snack cake fruit roll up and crackers, dh hot dogs
Dinner- ds and dd easy mac and maybe an apple for dessert, dh and I crunchy taco hamburger helper
snacks- crackers,cookies and raisins

Domestic Gal
09-03-2009, 02:44:38 PM
NO Spend yet this month.
Received my Becks $15 rebate
So I am - $15 for the month.

Not enough leftovers for everyone so some of us will have egg/cheese/ham on english muffins.
Breakfast was Oatmeal and bananas
Lunch whatever they made for there lunchboxes
Dinner LO and egg mcmuffins, apple sauce
Snacks Ice cream bars, cookies

roxygirlie1021
09-03-2009, 03:18:50 PM
Ok, first shopping trip of the month...total before coupons was 102.46...total after coupons was...$5.46! ($4.88 of which was tax...grrrr...I hate tax!) BUT THEN I checked my receipt and my cashier missed two of my coupons, so I got $2 back, bringing my total down to $3.46! AND I bought enough for the $10 Barnes and Noble gift card through Hains Celestial (sp?) so techincally I came out ahead! WAHOO! I LOVE COUPONS! :BigHand:

roxygirlie1021
09-03-2009, 03:19:26 PM
Oh, and I received a $5 rebate in the mail today! So I guess that makes me negative for the month so far! :)

phinphana
09-03-2009, 03:25:09 PM
Ok, first shopping trip of the month...total before coupons was 102.46...total after coupons was...$5.46! ($4.88 of which was tax...grrrr...I hate tax!) BUT THEN I checked my receipt and my cashier missed two of my coupons, so I got $2 back, bringing my total down to $3.46! AND I bought enough for the $10 Barnes and Noble gift card through Hains Celestial (sp?) so techincally I came out ahead! WAHOO! I LOVE COUPONS! :BigHand:

roxygirl do you mind lay out what you bought and qs used? Its very impressive. I want to learn more of your secrets.

TIA

Phin

Zwella Ingrid
09-03-2009, 03:51:12 PM
Wednesday was a no spend day for me! WAHOO! I had south beach cinnamon bar thingee for breakfast, bag of quaker cheddar cheese rice snacks for lunch. (Healthy Eating!) For dinner I made meatloaf, BC Cheesey potatoes, GG broccoli, and corn, all from the stockpile.

Today I had poptarts for breakfast, Leftovers for lunch, and I'm planning not to cook tonight as I had to work late. Told DH to eat without me, so I hope he has done so. He is not home at the moment. DS2 is going to want something though, so I will probably make the standard pizza for him. I don't think I will be shopping tonight, but the evening isn't over yet. I have tomorrow off work!! Hurray! I've got a little mini vacation with tomorrow off, then the weekend, Monday off, then I took Tuesday too. My plan is to set up my craft room that I have always wanted. I finally got DS1 & DS2 to give up their game room, so I'm looking forward to having my own space.:BigHand:

cody82414
09-03-2009, 04:35:05 PM

way to go!! This falls under the 10% rule, so it will not be added to your monthly oop.

EXCELLENT!!!

cody82414
09-03-2009, 04:36:46 PM
$1.50 in for an auction.
$1.66 out in postage (used cash on hand)

What I currently have:
$6.99 Ecbs
$5.00 Walgreen’s RR
$18.57 CVS gc
$.90 Cash
$10.83 Kroger gc
$3.00 OYNO K-Mart

Breakfast: frosted flakes, cocoa puffs, milk, strawberries (coffee, sugar, milk for me)
Lunch: frozen pizza, diet coke, apple
Dinner: ground Butterball turkey, a box of creamette ziti noodles, jar of Ragu, can od Red Gold diced tomatoes, package of Kraft Italian shredded naturals, Kraft parmesan, cherry kool-aid, Santa Cruz Lemonade, homemade garlic brad
Dessert: SLEEP!!!

MoneySavinDiva
09-03-2009, 04:36:50 PM
OK I finally got to WalMart to get the Digornio Pizzas that were on sale so I could mail in another MIR. I bought 9 pizzas (I had $1/1 coupons for each)and some chips that I had a free coupon. My total before coupons $49.42 and after $ 38.42. I will be getting a $20 rebate so I think I did OK. $2 per pizza not a bad deal. I couldn't make them for much cheaper. Especially with the toppings I got on them.

Since I had a $56 credit my new balance is now a credit of $ 13.58.
I also mailed a $5 MIR for salty snacks. I love when I get checks in the mail to help my budget.

Breakfast oatmeal ( I'm very boring)
Lunch Pizza LOL
Dinner not sure yet
snacks nuts,yogurt, chips

Let's talk about this rebate, is it Digirno rebate, store specific?...I'm intrigued...because you're absolutely right...after toppings and etc. $2 per pizza at least breaks even to homemade. For a heck of a lot less work. And Digornio is YUMMY! :giggle2:

MoneySavinDiva
09-03-2009, 04:40:24 PM
No spending again today. I got a trade envie in the mail again and sent out two more this morning and another rebate.

Meals today...

Breakfast - I had poptarts...not sure about hubs
Lunch - we both ate at work
Supper - Well...last night I got into my sewing :whistle67: so we ended up having a fend for yourself night...so tonight I'll be doing the whole roast/ceasar salad/watermelon plan for supper in place of last night
Snacks - I had some Cheez-It's, saltines/cheese and a cookie at work

roxygirlie1021
09-03-2009, 05:06:41 PM
phinphana - well my hubby is in the marines, so I did my shopping at the commissary near us, which allows overage, so that helped alot! But here is the breakdown in case you are still interested:

(20) Weber marinade mixes @ 0.66 - (20) 1/1 mfq
(20) Bumble bee tuna pouches @ 0.75 - (20) 1/1 mfq
(6) Glade soy candles @ 1.16 - (6) 4/1 peelie
(2) Glade soy canldes @ 1.16 - (2) 3/1 peelie
(2) Kashi TLC crackers @ 2.00 - (2) 1/1 mfq
(1) MaraNatha peanut butter @ 3.89 - (1) 1/1 mfq
(1) Smuckers blackberry preserves @ 1.85 - no coupon! agh!
(1) Organic maple syrup @ 4.54 - no coupon again! agh!
(4) Clorox Greenworks dish soap @ 1.99 - (4) 2/1 mfq
(1) Eukanuba puppy food @ 17.99 - (1) 5/1 mfq
(1) Apline lace cheese @ 1.50 - no coupon again! (and I had one at home too! grr!)
(2) Ben & Jerry's ice cream pints @ 1.99 - (2) 1/1 mfq
(2) Smithfield bacon @ 2.10 - (2) 3/1 mfq
(2) Aveeno chapstick @ 2.21 - (2) 2/1 mfq
(1) Loaf organic bread @ 2.99 - no coupon! agh!

So as you can see, I didn't get a ton of stuff, but my stockpile is HUGE and I need to work my way through it faster. Plus I did a couple big shopping trips at Publix last week so I am pretty good on everything else right now. Hopefully I can continue the good shopping trips the rest of the month!

phinphana
09-03-2009, 06:56:22 PM
phinphana - well my hubby is in the marines, so I did my shopping at the commissary near us, which allows overage, so that helped alot! But here is the breakdown in case you are still interested:

(20) Weber marinade mixes @ 0.66 - (20) 1/1 mfq
(20) Bumble bee tuna pouches @ 0.75 - (20) 1/1 mfq
(6) Glade soy candles @ 1.16 - (6) 4/1 peelie
(2) Glade soy canldes @ 1.16 - (2) 3/1 peelie
(2) Kashi TLC crackers @ 2.00 - (2) 1/1 mfq
(1) MaraNatha peanut butter @ 3.89 - (1) 1/1 mfq
(1) Smuckers blackberry preserves @ 1.85 - no coupon! agh!
(1) Organic maple syrup @ 4.54 - no coupon again! agh!
(4) Clorox Greenworks dish soap @ 1.99 - (4) 2/1 mfq
(1) Eukanuba puppy food @ 17.99 - (1) 5/1 mfq
(1) Apline lace cheese @ 1.50 - no coupon again! (and I had one at home too! grr!)
(2) Ben & Jerry's ice cream pints @ 1.99 - (2) 1/1 mfq
(2) Smithfield bacon @ 2.10 - (2) 3/1 mfq
(2) Aveeno chapstick @ 2.21 - (2) 2/1 mfq
(1) Loaf organic bread @ 2.99 - no coupon! agh!

So as you can see, I didn't get a ton of stuff, but my stockpile is HUGE and I need to work my way through it faster. Plus I did a couple big shopping trips at Publix last week so I am pretty good on everything else right now. Hopefully I can continue the good shopping trips the rest of the month!

Wow I wish I can have some average. The average I ever got was when I shopped at Albies and there was Avenu like electronic coupons combine with Mq and sales and that is and thats rarely happened . Its tiny average compare to your store.

I am glad to learn from you.

Phin

Lucky1307
09-03-2009, 07:00:33 PM
Got a train envie and 2 trade envies in the mail...yay. Worked outside most of the day trying to get the yard caught back up from being flooded. SO pulled a small dead tree out in one of the flooded areas..one less thing I have to mow around. Also helped SO with his scraping. Took recycling to the dump bin, they only leave it in town 2 days a week so we have to jump on it when it's here. I wish there was a way I could get to some of the papers in there. Finished reading the book I started 3 days ago~don't remember the last time I enjoyed a book enough to read it that quickly. Watched Big Brother and now doing some HCW reading and posting then I am calling it a night. No trips but did spend $5 for some rebates. That is the one thing that I still don't do much of. I decided that it is time to start and hopefully they will come in during Nov and Dec when I don't want to spend any oop. Have a good night!

LovesDivine
09-03-2009, 07:01:08 PM
No shopping yet this month.

Typical week day breakfast: Me - bagelful or toast or yogurt, DH - banana or cereal, DS, SS, and SD - cereal, or granola bar or school free breakfast

Lunch for me was salad and soup, kids was sandwiches and stuff, DH...his lunch has never been part of my budget. He is in senior management and pretty much does lunch out with vendors or other managers everyday. Most of the time the vendors pay or he and managers trade off.

Dinner - chili cheese dogs and mac n cheese. EVERY one was thrilled!! Me too cuz its super easy and i was able to finish up that last bit of chili from earlier this week.

Another one of my goals is to not toss leftovers - or even freeze. I want to get better at planning meals off of other meals thru out the week.

Lucky1307
09-03-2009, 07:09:32 PM
No shopping yet this month.

Typical week day breakfast: Me - bagelful or toast or yogurt, DH - banana or cereal, DS, SS, and SD - cereal, or granola bar or school free breakfast

Lunch for me was salad and soup, kids was sandwiches and stuff, DH...his lunch has never been part of my budget. He is in senior management and pretty much does lunch out with vendors or other managers everyday. Most of the time the vendors pay or he and managers trade off.

Dinner - chili cheese dogs and mac n cheese. EVERY one was thrilled!! Me too cuz its super easy and i was able to finish up that last bit of chili from earlier this week.

Another one of my goals is to not toss leftovers - or even freeze. I want to get better at planning meals off of other meals thru out the week.

How funny. I let DS1 chose what he was making for supper tonight(his chore cause he will not do dishes) and he made us chili dogs and mac n cheese. Left overs are less of a problem now than they were when I started doing this challenge. I just hate throwing out food even if it was free!

loveebella
09-03-2009, 07:52:52 PM
Homeland and Starbucks 10.73
Hubby forgot we were doing the Stockpile challenge thus the Starbucks:shrug7:. I spent 4.39 at Homeland and I saved 84% I was trying to save more but they did not have the Chinet I needed to match up with my coupons so I could only use 1 coupon there. At Starbucks hubby and Ds1 spent 6.34 but we saved another 6.34 by me going back home because our friends wife did not come so I just left. So it could have been worse. I have almost finished a package of Keebler Grasshopper's OMgosh they are so good,this time I just bought double stuffed fudge so I will not be to tempted:giggle2:. I made Brownies tonight...OOOOHHHH I LOVE BROWNIES!!! I bought mouse trap's at Homeland so I hope I catch him or her. I also cleaned my house(it is about time) now to clip all these coupons.

phinphana
09-03-2009, 11:23:35 PM
Day 3:

B:Pulled pork burritos for me : DH and Son Cereal
L:snacks cheese crackers
D:pulled pork burritos

Today was my 4-yr old first day of Preschool as well as my DH's day off so we went together dropped him off at 12:15 in the afternoon was so hot. After that DH tried to please so he got me BOBAO tri color drink was a Chinese drink had beans coconut milk and a lot of sugar syrup.. wel that was my favorite drink and cost $3.21. oop hurt my budget.

CVS:
6 OREO cookies 6 oz kind
one countour
paid with coupons and ECB paid $ 1.54 less than 10 % The receipt will be used for Kraft rebate 5 cookies

Albertsons:
2 paper plates
1 frozen bean
OOP $2.83 got the wrong kind didn't get average since the avenue was specific in different kind.

Ralphs:
1 Juice
1 paper twoel
OOP$ 1.63

Walgreens:
2 kraft mac and cheese cups
1 remebrant:

Paid with 2-3 RR
OOP$ 1.22 got back 5 RR

The receipt will be used for Kraft rebate

so today spent: $8.89

Spent as of 9/3/09 $ 56.29

DebK1013
09-04-2009, 03:15:37 AM
Ate out of the stockpile today.

No OOP for 9/3.

cody82414
09-04-2009, 05:29:09 AM
Okay Ladies and Gents!
A long weekend with the holiday on Monday,
so a few tips from -cody-.

PLAN AHEAD!

Take out those plentiful boxes of Rice Krispies that you have stuck in the corners of your pantries and make a plate of rice krispie treats. Keep the kids and DH (those who snack:wink7:) out of your hair for a few minutes.

All that kool-aid that you got for dirt cheap? Make a gallon and keep it chillin'. Again, those kids will be thrilled when you attempt to clean up their red "mustaches" :giggle2:

Plan to grill at least one of the nights. This will make DH or SO feel helpful, and more importantly give you a chance to figure out sides. (Like how to use that bag of potatoes that has grown eyeballs:hysterical:)

Other great fun ideas for the 'end of summer'

Jello with mixed/canned fruit.
Instant pudding (use up the rest of the milk that's about to go bad)
Dorito or potato chip casseroles (for those 'not so fresh' chips)

or if all else fails,
just add some ____________
(you fill in the blank here with Kraft barbecue sauce, Kraft ranch dressing, ketchup, A-1 sauce, french's mustard, wishbone dressing... Whatever you have more than 20 of in your stockpile!!!) :wink7:

Have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!!
SarahJeanne

W0Wme
09-04-2009, 05:51:50 AM
So far we have managed to eat from our stockpile this week and I have not even went shopping once. I am starting to get the DT's, I need my shopping deal fix and the urge to use coupons is becoming overwhelming :hectic1:. You would be proud of me though, I have been staying very busy...cooking, cleaning, and today is coupon organization day...yippie :rolleyes24:. I made pistacchio salad yesterday instead of tuna salad and deviled eggs, which I think I will do today after organizing.

Meals from our stockpile this week was...

Dinners:
*Pizza & Pizza Rolls
*Manwich & Fries
*Spagetti, Salad w/ homemade croutons (had to use some bread) & homemade garlic/butter/cheese toast
*Meatloaf, BC Red bud Potatoes, & MH Butter Beans w/ Cornbread
Tonight we will have Subs, have deli meat that needs to be used along with a pack of sub rolls & probably some chips.

For lunch had either sandwich & chips, cornbread or left overs.
For breakfast we had either cereal, poptarts, honeybuns, oatmeal or grits with apple or orange juice & milk.

I am now boiling eggs for tuna salad and deviled eggs for this weekend sandwiches or just over lettuce for lunch & left overs for snacks with crackers.

I know we will be grilling out this weekend a couple of times and I have much needed steaks and chicken in the freezer that needs to be grilled & sweet potatoes from the neighbors garden I need to use.

I am going to do my best to stay away from the stores this weekend, maybe finish stitching some of my quilt squares together when I get the urge :hysterical:. You know its hard to go through these coupons organizing and not try to match them up to go shopping or file them knowing there's a good deal on them right now.....Keep thinking CHRISTMAS, don't need, have plenty for the month, use what you have first, etc. DH doesn't think I can make it...that in itself is enough to make me do it ... just to prove him wrong :whistle67:.

$O.OOP

Lee0808
09-04-2009, 06:49:34 AM
I have two more items to post. This first was to Walgreens - $5.18 and the second was to Kroger - $0.18 (97% savings - woo hoo).:BigHand:

I've been trying to work out our meal plan for next week (including the three day weekend). The last couple of months, I planned a month at a time, but for some reason, I'm stuck. No ideas are coming. It doesn't help that my DH is a food snob. He likes a lot of variety - no repeating in a month. So, I have to keep looking for new stuff. We will be making cheese stuffed hamburgers on Monday (I saw something like this on food network), so there's one down....

Have a happy and safe holiday weekend everyone!!

cody82414
09-04-2009, 07:26:46 AM
36 inserts this morning,
and another 3 pennies :D

rdot
09-04-2009, 07:54:09 AM
Went yeterday to a couple of places:

Publix

2 kraft shredded cheese
4 Lunchables w/water
2 Kraft sliced cheese
apple
fresh green beans

Before qs/savings 27.11
After qs/savings 8.17 on giftcard

Target

Wedding card
printer paper

can't find my receipt but it was 5.XX so I am going to round up to 6.00

McDonalds
McDouble
Small fries

Total September spending 25.14
yesterday's spending 8.16

Total September spending + 16.98

seasanddollar
09-04-2009, 08:03:35 AM
I know I'm a little late, but is it too late to join? It's am on the fourth, and so far no money spent. My goal is $200 for the rest of the month. There's just two of us, plus dog, and it should be possible, but I usually spend around $120 per week.:wavehi:

cody82414
09-04-2009, 08:09:51 AM
I know I'm a little late, but is it too late to join? It's am on the fourth, and so far no money spent. My goal is $200 for the rest of the month. There's just two of us, plus dog, and it should be possible, but I usually spend around $120 per week.:wavehi:

Nope! Just jump on in!!!

seasanddollar
09-04-2009, 08:27:42 AM
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this. Now all I have to do is read through the pages to check it out.:giggle2:

kittensqueak
09-04-2009, 08:34:48 AM
Ok, so I haven't really even started...and already I can't keep track!!

Generally I charge everything (for the points - I always pay balances in full) and tally what I spent at the end of the month...

Tuesday/Wednesday no $$ spent - work trip - fed at work
Thursday - $6.36 - CVS and HEB - Milk, Bean Sprouts, Bok Choy, Lemongrass, Mushrooms, Tide, Yogurt (Used ECBs too!)

I think today I'll see if the pizza crust I made last week is still ok and make pizza with leftover vegetables and such...

Thanks SarahJeanne for running this!!!

phinphana
09-04-2009, 08:35:33 AM
Day4:

B: Peach + Toasts and cream cheese+ cereal?+ DS slep over @ Gma Gpa so no Bfor him
L:Left over pulled pork, Packed tuna sandwich for DH to work
D:same

Shopping? oh yeah......

Phin

justmama
09-04-2009, 08:39:05 AM
Yay, i'm in. I missed out on August. July is did ok until the end. On average since February our grocery (everything in our house excluding gifts and prescriptions, that has a separate budget) and eating out is well over 500.00 (mostly from eating out). Since i use YNAB, a couple of my August eating out has filtered over. But i will use them since,at the end a few of my September might roll over. So i am setting $200 grocery and $200 eating out.

I want to be under $400.00

So far it looks like this

groceries: $11.81
eating out: $44.18

have a low balance of CVS and Target. I think total $10 ECB on 2 cards. And some frees to Qdoba, McD's and BK....Thanks for any tips :)

Now i'm off to read the rest of the thread.

phinphana
09-04-2009, 08:43:48 AM
Anyone throw their ends of slice bread away?

I don't like them and I hate to trow them away. Any ideas for making anything out of it?

My DH likes for grilled cheese sandwich but he can't keep up with theses before they looks so old. I collected them when we went through many loafs but eventually they got thrown away.

Phin

phinphana
09-04-2009, 08:49:23 AM
Also left half a container of cottage cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Theses are the thing that old in the fridge right now . They are no yet expired but will not get eaten as it so need alternate cooking with them........please.....help

Phin

MoneySavinDiva
09-04-2009, 09:01:27 AM

I don't like them and I hate to trow them away. Any ideas for making anything out of it?

My DH likes for grilled cheese sandwich but he can't keep up with theses before they looks so old. I collected them when we went through many loafs but eventually they got thrown away.

Phin

I freeze mine and then when I have a decent amount built up I toss them in the food processor and make bread crumbs. Store crumbs in the freezer until use for extended freshness.

Also left half a container of cottage cheese, sour cream and cream cheese. Theses are the thing that old in the fridge right now . They are no yet expired but will not get eaten as it so need alternate cooking with them........please.....help

Phin

You can use sour cream in baking. Use the cream cheese to make a tasty frosting for on top of whatever you bake...and eat the cottage cheese mixed with some fruit as a snack or breakfast.

Good luck!

phinphana
09-04-2009, 09:32:25 AM
Thanks MoneySavinDiva I like the bread crumb idea. and baking and frosting but cottage cheese need to get cook or something I won't eat it cause it old.

Thanks

Phin

hfawn
09-04-2009, 10:18:37 AM
Thanks MoneySavinDiva I like the bread crumb idea. and baking and frosting but cottage cheese need to get cook or something I won't eat it cause it old.

Thanks

Phin

I use cottage cheese when I make enchiliadas (just mix it with the meat and/or veggies and the spoon the mixture into the tortillas and top with ench. sauce. Makes them so creamy and yummy!

cdarrow26
09-04-2009, 10:20:42 AM
I FINALLY got my Rite Aid $25 gift card from JULY yesterday! Yippee!!
I went to Kmart yesterday. Don't have my receipts in front of me but I think I stayed under 10%. They didn't have much that was free after Q this time around...
I did get a DD coffee yesterday morning, 1.47 and 2 Krispy Kreme donuts, 1.67. I had one for dessert last night and one for breakfast!
Meals today:
B-Coffee, KK donut, toast later
L-Blue cheese and bacon burgers (on hot dog rolls cuz that's all I had! LOL!) tater tots (kind of taste like the freezer so I think I'm going to throw the rest out.)
D- Have lasagne in the crockpot. I saw it talked about either here or on another board I belong to. I hope it turns out ok cuz I didn't follow any recipe, just layered everything in there!
Snacks- Rice Krispie treats, maybe ice cream later
3.14 spending so far...

phinphana
09-04-2009, 10:21:37 AM
I use cottage cheese when I make enchiliadas (just mix it with the meat and/or veggies and the spoon the mixture into the tortillas and top with ench. sauce. Makes them so creamy and yummy!

sound good Thanks hfawn.

I'll try this one/

Phin

roxygirlie1021
09-04-2009, 11:02:05 AM
CVS

Trail mix, EAS bar, cat toy, SKOR bar
Used $4 EB, and put tax on gift card = $0 oop

Wags #1
3 glade cangles @ 2.5 - 2 FREE mfq and 1 B2G1
Men's razor @3.99 - 3 RR
Total = 1.79
Received 1 RR and 4 RR

Wags #2
Men's razor @3.99 - 4 RR
Total = .8
Received 1 RR and 4 RR

Wags #3
Total = .53
Received 1 RR

Wags #3
2 glade cangles @ 2.5 - 2 FREE mfq
Total = .35
Received 1 RR

tambro
09-04-2009, 11:21:00 AM

Hey Phin,

If you like croutons in your salad you can cut up the ends and toast in a pan with a little oil and garlic powder. Maybe try a little taco seasoning to throw into a taco salad.

As for the cottage cheese, mix a little italian seasoning into it and try putting into lassagna or melted on top of breaded chicken breast with a little spaghetti sauce for chicken parm. Add a little grated parm on top and you're good to go.

The cream cheese is good mixed with tomato sauce, sauted bacon and mushroom, onions and frozen peas...tossed with pasta.

Use it up.

Tammy in Texas :howdy:

kandpsmom
09-04-2009, 11:33:24 AM
Ok so I didn't quite make my goal today but I came close. Hopefully I'll be under my $200 for the month at the end and things will even out.

Food Giant

4 12 packs soda-$10 after Qs
3 2 Liter sodas-free after Q
shoulder steak $3 (never had this before but it was marked down so what the hay lol)
1 50 ct generic tylenol- $1
1 30 ct generic motrin -$1

oop with tax $16.87

Target

2 Chef Michael's dog food- .48 overage :)
3 Gerber bottles for nephew's Christmas gift bag- .03 overage
size 6 huggies -$5.99 after Qs

total oop with tax $6.65
going to look into the care givers market place about a rebate on the huggies ( I always forget and no time like the present to give it a try)

Food World

5 Marcal-FAC

tax was .45

Publix #1

too much to type
before qs was $32.15
subtotal after Qs $3.15
total oop with tax $5.01

Publix #2

$89.xx before Qs
(can't remember the change and my doubles lowered my tax)
after Qs total oop with tax was $27.10
have a $10 rebate to submit on this that I'll be mailing in about an hour

Breakfast Sonic $5.16
Lunch- none yet
Dinner will be at church, no charge

edit to add also mailing a $25 rebate today

coupongirl69
09-04-2009, 12:45:29 PM
OK, update from last nights must buy pizza because it was DS school fundraiser night.
1 large stuffed crust pizza
1 classic P'zone
4 peperoni cheese rolls
1 2-liter of Dr. Pepper
$20.86 going to a good cause right.

Today:
Breakfast: more apple coffee cake and coffee of course. DS#2 had waffles
Lunch: DS#1 and I ate at Cracker Barrell
I had 2 biscuits, ham, spiced apples, scrambled egg and sweet tea.
He had Chicken fried chkn. mashed taters with gravy and okra sweet tea.
Cost of $22.98 to include the $3 for a tip.
Dinner will be the Teriyaki chicken and pasta with veggies I was going to make last night.

Target visit today:
4- J&J Buddie bars
1- Tide Stain Release
4- mini artisian loaves of bread
2 lbs. of bananas
4- GM Lucky Charms bowls
12- Sobe Lifewater
8-cans of Chef Michaels dog food
8-Market Pantry Cheese sticks
Spent $13.07 OOP on that stuff

So to date I've spent $58.91 OOP

I'll have to go back tomorrow because they didn't have the hamburger in stock that I went there to get in the first place.

rtnrjk
09-04-2009, 12:59:59 PM
I'm still $ 13.58 in the good

No out of pocket yet.
Breakfast of course was oatmeal
Lunch pizza and wings work bought for a thankyou
Dinner don't know yet. I'm still thinking.

I'm a bit worried about this weekend. Going out of town to Father in laws and hubby is putting a new roof on his house. I'm sure he will want BEER !!!!!!! LOL.

ELLE-TN
09-04-2009, 01:07:45 PM
Just checking in on day 4 ....

Haven't been shopping or spent any money yet and probably won't until next payday except for milk (will probably get at CVS and use ECB). I haven't bought bread in 2 weeks (I think) because the three weeks before that we didn't use it before it went bad so why waste money. Will update again when I have something to report.

CouponSAHM
09-04-2009, 01:37:37 PM
Okay so couldn't take staying at home any longer. Have.To.Go.Shopping!!
someone mentioned having the DT's!!! I can so relate!! Went to Target and got the glade candles deal.
Before Q's $8.82
after Q's .82 (under 10%)
It was a much needed "fix" for my shopping addiction!
I received a $25 RiteAid giftcard
so far for the month:
+ 25.00
Puts me in the positive of $9.74

cheynesnana
09-04-2009, 01:50:25 PM
Ok.. so I had to get some groceries yesterday.. hardly anything with coupons.. grrrrr. Got the cheapest of everything I could.

Transaction #1 (Groceries)
OOP - $58.61

Transaction #2 (Cat Food and Various Non Food Items)
OOP - $8.42

Transaction #3 (Cat Food and Kitty Litter)
OOP - $1.29

Bringing me to a total OOP of $96.91

Good news is.. I shouldn't have to buy much of anything else this month.

Had my usual coffee/junk food for breakfast and lunch the last two days..

Last night for dinner we had a Whatever night (Whatever you find you can eat!)

Tonight's dinner is breakfast sandwiches.. Eggs and Bacon on English Muffins

ETA: I forgot I found a nickel! :BigHand: Subtracted it from my total!

mkermarc
09-04-2009, 02:56:10 PM
Had to get some dogfood and things to make an appetizer for a party:
$37.00 at the commissary....no coupons, double ugh!!

My folks come to visit for a week tomorrow so we will have some more out of pocket expenses but I still think I can make my monthly goal. I am waiting for some marcal coupons for some free paper towels, so until then we are using our free napkins like paper towels (and real kitchen towels also, of course). Good job everyone sticking to the plan, I am praying that we don't have any unexpected expenses this month!

cnholland54
09-04-2009, 03:18:20 PM
Starting balance $170.26
Well I broke down today....a coke from Target Cafe, a candy bar from the vending machine at work, and Wendy's. $6.79 OOP. GRRRR! I did get a $6 rebate check in the mail so real OOP is $.79. New balance = 169.47

Breakfast - Oatmeal
Lunch - Wendy's
Dinner - Mexican Pasta and Meatballs - I was really proud of myself with this one; I usually like to work from a recipe but I just winged it. I had a jar of Pace Queso that I needed to use. I used a box of cooked Rotini, one jar of queso and a bag of meatballs and baked it at 350 for 12 minutes. It was good and it used up items in my stockpile.

cody82414
09-04-2009, 04:28:37 PM
Phin

(gasp!!!!!!)
(Covering my ears hearing you actually th ow so eth ng a ay)
I can't even type it:giggle2:

I gather mine until I have 10-12. I freeze them.
Then I cut them up like bread squares and cover the bottom of a sprayed glass casserole dish (9x12)
I then scramble up about 8-10 eggs, and add onion, green pepper, bacon bits or sausage, and shredded swiss cheese.
I pour it over the bread and then let the breakfast casserole sit over night so that the bread soaks up the egg.
In the morning pop it in at 375 until it starts to brown on the top.

DELICIOUS!

cody82414
09-04-2009, 04:32:17 PM

Phin

Another easy one (pfffft):giggle2:
I actually got this from Cooks.com a previous month and the boys didn't know I used cottage cheese - which they would NEVER eat if they had their choice.

SOUR CREAM, COTTAGE CHEESE ENCHILADAS
4 oz. whole green chilies
12 corn tortillas
Salt & pepper
1/2 lb. sharp cheese, cut in 12 thin long slices
15 oz. enchilada sauce
1 c. sour cream
12 oz. cream style cottage cheese
1 lb. ground beef, browned & drained
Drain chilies and cut into 12 strips. Combine sour cream and cottage cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Reserving half of sour cream mixture, spoon remainder into tortillas along with browned and drained ground beef. Top each with strip of chili and a strip of cheese. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in dish. Combine the reserved sour cream mixture with enchilada sauce. Pour over tortillas. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped onions and shredded cheese.

phinphana
09-04-2009, 04:35:11 PM
Hey Phin,

If you like croutons in your salad you can cut up the ends and toast in a pan with a little oil and garlic powder. Maybe try a little taco seasoning to throw into a taco salad.

As for the cottage cheese, mix a little italian seasoning into it and try putting into lassagna or melted on top of breaded chicken breast with a little spaghetti sauce for chicken parm. Add a little grated parm on top and you're good to go.

The cream cheese is good mixed with tomato sauce, sauted bacon and mushroom, onions and frozen peas...tossed with pasta.

Use it up.

Tammy in Texas :howdy:

Thanks Tammy,your must be a good cook. I like all of them. Thanks

Phin

phinphana
09-04-2009, 04:40:56 PM
Another easy one (pfffft):giggle2:
I actually got this from Cooks.com a previous month and the boys didn't know I used cottage cheese - which they would NEVER eat if they had their choice.

SOUR CREAM, COTTAGE CHEESE ENCHILADAS
4 oz. whole green chilies
12 corn tortillas
Salt & pepper
1/2 lb. sharp cheese, cut in 12 thin long slices
15 oz. enchilada sauce
1 c. sour cream
12 oz. cream style cottage cheese
1 lb. ground beef, browned & drained
Drain chilies and cut into 12 strips. Combine sour cream and cottage cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Reserving half of sour cream mixture, spoon remainder into tortillas along with browned and drained ground beef. Top each with strip of chili and a strip of cheese. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in dish. Combine the reserved sour cream mixture with enchilada sauce. Pour over tortillas. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped onions and shredded cheese.

Thanks for recipe I'm keeping it this on my recipe on yahoo.

Thanks again Sarah.

cody82414
09-04-2009, 04:42:44 PM
Just checking in on day 4 ....

Haven't been shopping or spent any money yet and probably won't until next payday except for milk (will probably get at CVS and use ECB). I haven't bought bread in 2 weeks (I think) because the three weeks before that we didn't use it before it went bad so why waste money. Will update again when I have something to report.

You go girl!!!!:BigHand:

phinphana
09-04-2009, 04:44:44 PM
(gasp!!!!!!)
(Covering my ears hearing you actually th ow so eth ng a ay)
I can't even type it:giggle2:

I gather mine until I have 10-12. I freeze them.
Then I cut them up like bread squares and cover the bottom of a sprayed glass casserole dish (9x12)
I then scramble up about 8-10 eggs, and add onion, green pepper, bacon bits or sausage, and shredded swiss cheese.
I pour it over the bread and then let the breakfast casserole sit over night so that the bread soaks up the egg.
In the morning pop it in at 375 until it starts to brown on the top.

DELICIOUS!
Thank you....
Yes I did throw them away now I know this is good recipe I have to do it.

I have like 3 pairs of the ends. so I guess I will try your recipe soon .

So how many serving when you do 12 ends?

Phin

MoneySavinDiva
09-04-2009, 04:46:27 PM
Went to Fareway this morning and spent $29.60. I got (4) packs of tortillas, 2 packs of tp, 10 lbs. ground turkey, 1 bottle of Clorox 2 (have a TMF MIR to send in for this), 12 cans of cat food, a large tub of yogurt, broccoli, 2 lbs of grapes, ranch dressing mix, 4 snickers, milk and some frozen juice concentrate.

I also got a $15 rebate in the mail today :BigHand: So that brings my total down to $14.60! I also got a trade envie and two sampls I had requested. I sent out another trade, a rebate and the gas bill :rolleyes24:

Meals today...

Breakfast - I had yogurt and toast with honey, hubs had poptarts
Lunch - we both had some homemade veggie soup, fresh fruit and salad
Supper - I'm going to make up the Tyson Skillet Creations that I bought for the mir along with some salad and fresh fruit
Snacks - I had Cheez-It's, animal crackers and Tootsie Rolls at work :whistle67:

MoneySavinDiva
09-04-2009, 04:48:53 PM
Keep the kids and DH (those who snack:wink7:) out of your hair for a few minutes.

:hysterical:

cody82414
09-04-2009, 04:52:42 PM
Thank you....
Yes I did throw them away now I know this is good recipe I have to do it.

I have like 3 pairs of the ends. so I guess I will try your recipe soon .

So how many serving when you do 12 ends?

Phin

My family of six (4 growing boys) usually finishes off the entire 9x13. I usually make this when I know they'll be working early in the a.m. and I'll make this around 10:30 a.m.

DebK1013
09-04-2009, 05:04:42 PM
It was a rough day at work so I broke down and got a pizza and soda for dinner $11 spent.

Total so far for the month $15.00

Domestic Gal
09-04-2009, 07:10:41 PM
Skipped Aldi's today
Went to Hy-vee instead.

Did 3 transactions to do my last 3 kelloggs rebates.

Total OOP for the day
$42.72 minus $15 I had in the negative
Total OOP for the month
$27.72

What I got
first transaction
5 gallons of milk
6 boxes of graham crackers
2 pks cookies
2 animal crackers
1 sour cream

Second transaction
5 hy-vee coffee
10 nutri grain bars

third transaction
10 keebler sand. crackers
1 whole watermelon
1 cantaloupe
19 bananas
1 lb green grapes
3 apples
5# potatos
1 bag tortilla chips

Have enough kelloggs to send in for the 8 calender rebates and 1 of the fuel for school rebates.

Need to go this weekend and pick up a few things to get by but not much.
Local store has corn on the cob for .20 an ear so will get some of that and need lunch meat for next week so will get that also.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

loveebella
09-04-2009, 07:59:28 PM
:dance7: I finally had a trip in the good!
I got 4 Chinet free after q (2 had a peelie for a free wishbone dressing)
2 Wishbone Dressings free with peelie
1 MC Season Salt free after q and 1.00 overage
1 Ritz Crackerfuls free after q and 0.34 overage
2 Ronzoni Smart Taste 0.25 after q
2 Ronzoni HH 0.25 after q
2 Diet DR P free after q and 0.22 overage
I paid a whopping 0.66 cents and I saved 101%.
My new total for Sept is 21.33.

B: DS1 cereal DS2 Eggo's Hub's none Me brownies and cereal
L: DS's adn Hub's sandwhich Me soup and brownies
D: Hubs? DS's and I tacos
Somewhere in there we finished off yesterday's soup and I am about to finish off the brownies:whistle67:

Lucky1307
09-04-2009, 08:15:44 PM
No oop today! DS's went to school and will be spending the holiday weekend with their father. SO went out on a job and I had a nice quiet house all day. Got a trade envie in the mail and paid the cable. Then in my favorite sweats I have sorted and clipped q's until my eyes have almost popped out of my head. I found some wonderful ones I didn't know I had and sadly I have found many hot ones that have expired. I started looking at rebates I can start doing but half way through I realized I only have one receipt with items for two different rebates..duh. I guess it is a learned lesson. I have worked hard making a detailed shopping list for tomorrow and I hope that it will be a good savings trip. We are going to make the 42 mile trip to the good Walmart and Wags. I just hope I don't lose my cool with SO(it usually happens when I try to do my deals and he is always in a hurry), I'd rather shop with DS2. Have a great weekend all!

Lunch= flatbread melt and wheat thins
Supper= SO & me corned beef hash, scrambled eggs and toast

phinphana
09-04-2009, 11:44:28 PM
um Dinner: pulled pork

DH got home kind na early so we went to Target got a pair of shoes for 4 month olds son I won't count it to budget.on our way home we were hungry so end up got something at Mcdonald . OOP $ 5.54
Shopping: Ralphs:$.82
6 hefty fresh extend
1 roll basic paper towel
Target: $ 2.14
7 glade candle tin found the coupons in side tin then used towards the items.
Walgreens: $ 4.21 bad purchase
3 nail polish
1 easy mc cup

Receipt will be used on Kraft rebate.

CVS: $ .49 paid with 2 ECB get back 1

1 gallon of milk

Total today
$13.20

Total as of 9/4/09 $ 69.49

cody82414
09-05-2009, 03:49:35 AM
September 5th

This is as far as I’ve gotten… :goodmorning1:

Breakfast: bacon and eggs
Lunch: beef back ribs
Dinner: frozen pizza (or a knuckle sandwich if anyone gives me grief about frozen pizza on the menu)

MoneySavinDiva
09-05-2009, 04:36:46 AM
September 5th

This is as far as I’ve gotten… :goodmorning1:

Breakfast: bacon and eggs
Lunch: beef back ribs
Dinner: frozen pizza (or a knuckle sandwich if anyone gives me grief about frozen pizza on the menu)

:goodmorning4:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got up at 6 on the Saturday of a holiday weekend :giggle2: My intent was to go running, but my ipod stopped working just up the block so I came home to fix it and decided that I'd much rather just walk up to the garage sale at the end of the block in a bit instead :hysterical: I spotted some goodies!

cnholland54
09-05-2009, 02:48:37 PM
Starting Balance $169.47
Spending today - $11.31 for two Pampers, two Crest White Strips, and two Schick Razors (Target).
New Balance = 158.16

Breakfast - Toast
Lunch - LO
Dinner - Philly Cheesesteak

Lucky1307
09-05-2009, 04:46:14 PM
Two train envies and a trade in the mail...so many extra q's I needed for today's shopping trip. So pretty much a wasted trip to the bigger stores. We didn't stop at Wags at all and Walmart had near to nothing I wanted to pick up. I did fill the car up there for 2.18/gal instead of 2.31/gal here. Stopped at McD's, oop $11.46, and you are right Sarah it did taste great after not having one in awhile. Just got home, got groceries sorta put away and dishes done. Is it nap time yet?

Walmart(big)

Jack Links Jerky= free
Orville Popcorn= free
Printer paper= 2.50
OOP=2.65

Fareway

4 Flatbread Melts= 4.00
6 Eggrolls=6.00
6 Mission Tortillas= 3.00
48 boxes of pudding= 4.00
OOP=17.00

Hy-vee

5 Tony's Pizza= 2.50
OOP= 2.50

Walmart(little)

2 gal milk= 3.06
2 bic pen= 1.00
4 M&M ice cream= 7.52
2 Toaster Strudel= 1.96
6 Snickers Ice Cream= 11.28
2 Welches Strawberry Jelly= 3.58
2 welches Grape Jam= 3.14
5 Velveeta Cups= 2.17
4 Chef boyardee= 2.76
4 3pks Winterfresh gum= 1.50
4 Coffeemate Sticks= 1.96
2 Country Bob= free
14 cans mighty dog= free
OOP=43.72

What really makes me mad is that I wanted to use the overage on my reese's in this transaction, but SO and I had had enough shopping together. Also Hy-vee was out of the cheese pizzas so I will back before Monday. I don't like shopping on the weekends because stock is not good but I think my stockpile is looking pretty good. Oop it a little high(dang big mac), hopefully I will make that up by not buying sunday's paper and my weekly q's.

Lunch= McD's
Supper= I'm thinking tacos or frozen pizza or snickers ice cream

phinphana
09-05-2009, 05:26:36 PM
B:cereal
L:left over pulled pork again! I am tired of it.
snack: carrots water melon, cheese crackers...I guess I am hungry for dinner. I am snacks a lot
D:?

shopping may be Target,Ralphs,Ross....looking for clothes for ds #1 for back to school...late shopping for that.

may be $2 movie yikes have to for date night with DH

will update the shopping later so far no spending.

Phin