PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm

thineownself
08-04-2009, 07:42:14 PM
Went today to see if they got anymore penny items in stock (my store was absolutely RANSACKED on Sunday) and get my cheap sharpies and I tried to pick up a couple packs of the Cristal Bic pen packs that are on sale BIGI for .01. I had the 1/2 Q and didn't think there would be a problem. The cashier wouldn't take it because the coupon says 'not good with any other offer'...she said them being on a sale was an offer. Hmmmm...

Yeah...not sure about that.

I didn't make a fuss though, big line and I got some almost free sharpies, but still...anyone else get this line or am I the one that is out of line?

Should I go back and demand my free pens? hehe.

dliver316
08-04-2009, 09:06:00 PM
:wink7: I would go back and try another cashier.

kcchica
08-06-2009, 12:20:26 PM
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Well first she tried to tell me that the coupon worked.. cause one pack was only $0.01 (like the coupon brought that price down).. When I pointed out that the $0.01 was the sale price, she said it won't work. You can't get them for free, she did try to scan it again, but it didn't work and she wasn't pushing it through. She also made the same claim about "can't be combined with another offer". I figured I would try another store, but... has anyone been successful with it?

thineownself
08-06-2009, 05:07:48 PM
I'm sure others have and done so successfully. I almost rolled my eyes but managed to restrain myself. I was going to try again today, but honestly all of the cashiers at this store act like they are doing you the greatest service in the world by ringing up super cheap school supplies and they seem to be on autopilot.
I can understand to a point because I worked the 5am shift at Sears the day after Thanksgiving 2 years ago and stood at a cash register for 8 hours with a line of people checking out I never saw the end of. I still managed to look each person in the eye, smile, and even had a fun game going where I was trying to do a different greeting for each person. The other people in the line were catching on and waiting to see how many different ways I could come up with to greet each customer, offer them a credit card, and thank them for coming in...I must say I amazed even myself and we all had some decent laughs through it all.

I know it can drag on and get repetitive, but seriously its no reason to either a.) make up stuff so they don't have to accept a coupon, or b.) put off the attitude of borderline disdain for being required to deal with people.

*sigh* Oh well, sorry about my short little soapbox :)

Jen31282
08-09-2009, 08:53:01 PM
Oops this was an accident and it wont let me delete it.