PDA

View Full Version : Albertsons (NorthWest) ~ Question Albertsons NW: Where are you? What albies?

spottedjagiwar
07-27-2009, 02:32:31 PM
In our OLY area in WA the Albies have stopped unlimited doublers...Im searching for another local area that is letting you do more than one set per trip. PLEASE HELP! Our albies has gotten really strict and has warned us that they will no longer accept more than one set per trip. Granted we have three albies in the area but all owned by the same guy and I really dont have that much time! I want my unlimited doublers back :( We had it so good for so long!

djbartch
07-27-2009, 05:36:14 PM
I haven't had any problems yet with the doubles. (I'm in OR - usually shop Milwaukie Store) Of course, its annoying when its in the newspaper and you can't pick up extras in the store. I'm looking forward to the doubles in the store this next week!

spottedjagiwar
07-28-2009, 01:08:44 PM
any one else wanna fess up to where they shop?

marshmomof3
07-28-2009, 04:38:31 PM
:shopping38:
In OR too, Milwaukie is great for unlimited doubles, but a little out of my way LOL. I usually go to the Sunnyside or Gresham, but if it is a really good sale and I want to do LOTS of runs it is worth it to go to Milwaukie.

ILv2Shop
07-28-2009, 05:18:33 PM
I was in Oly a week ago and the cashier was the greatest. She did over 20 back to backs for me. Each time I used 3 doublers. She was a couponer also. Not quite the same as letting them all fly under one receipt but I was pretty happy.

carolinaricarte
08-04-2009, 07:18:23 PM
I am in Wenatchee area (Central WA).
Never tried to do more than 2-3 double per transaction but I will test them tonite! :biggrin:

jeanettecoupons
08-04-2009, 07:26:13 PM
I never try to do more than 3 sets of doubles at a store. A manager told me that the stores received an email strongly suggesting they do so- but they already did anyway.

I'm in the Tacoma-ish area. I have only ever had 1 cashier try to deny this. It was last night- and the manager apologized for the cashier's behavior while I was in the parking lot.

djbartch
08-04-2009, 07:35:21 PM
GRrr... I have to vent. So I posted that I have no problems with my Albies. I just got back and I'm so frustrated. I got the checker from H***, and he would let me use more than one set of doubles total (I had 3 transactions). Plus he ignored me when I tried to get him to only use 3 on the one transaction because not all the coupons were worth $1 on the first transaction. Grr.... plus he flipped me S*** about another coupon which didn't beep when he rang it but he then read it and said I couldn't use it with another coupon I was using. He was SOO frustrating! If it wasn't Tuesday night and the ads were going off I would have waited and gone back for my other transactions! And I KNEW he was going to be a pain in the butt (he always is!!!) but he was the ONLY cashier there at the time. GRRRRR... I am so so so frustrated. Anyways, just had to share that I guess my Albies is not as good as I thought it was!!

MaddieT
08-04-2009, 09:00:36 PM
I never asked because the coupons specifically limit it to three double coupons per family per shopping trip.

TheWoman
08-04-2009, 09:36:52 PM
I never asked because the coupons specifically limit it to three double coupons per family per shopping trip.

Me too.

cearhart
08-04-2009, 10:59:56 PM
I am in Northern Washington I do many many transactions. I just do my 3 doublers then go back in line and do 3 more then back inline and 3 more , round and round. I spend sometimes 3 hours checking out alone. My DD goes to ALL the neighbors and asks for the doublers on tuesdays when the ad's come out. My kids also look in all the carts and the trash at the store to find more. I buy them goodies when they find alot. None of the cashiers mind they just say see you in minute. I just make sure I give the other customers the right of way and not hog the cashiers time. I also tell the cahiers of the deals and give them coupons to use on the items on sale. I also help other customers get deals and the cashiers think this is AWESOME! I am sorry some of you have hads troubles I hope I don't in the future.

Kjtymac
08-05-2009, 12:27:50 AM
I actually talked to a cashier here in the Oly Area and she said it was basically changed because of some gals that were just overdoing it and did transaction after transaction afer transaction.
That kinda upsets me because now everybody has to suffer. I did shop with doublers a lot too but I never did more than 2 or 3 the most (if no people in store) in a row and still let people by if they needed to. Then I went outside, did more shopping and went back in line.
There was quite a few ladies that were just overdoing it and loaded up those carts and seriously did like 10-40 transactions in a row.
I figured sooner or later that will have consequences. It really sucks not cause I have a bit of a drive to get there but oh well what can I do. I just have to suck it up and go on. Dont think it is worth it to drive even further north to go shopping at Albie.

melodyjg
08-05-2009, 07:06:29 AM
GRrr... I have to vent. So I posted that I have no problems with my Albies. I just got back and I'm so frustrated. I got the checker from H***, and he would let me use more than one set of doubles total (I had 3 transactions). Plus he ignored me when I tried to get him to only use 3 on the one transaction because not all the coupons were worth $1 on the first transaction. Grr.... plus he flipped me S*** about another coupon which didn't beep when he rang it but he then read it and said I couldn't use it with another coupon I was using. He was SOO frustrating! If it wasn't Tuesday night and the ads were going off I would have waited and gone back for my other transactions! And I KNEW he was going to be a pain in the butt (he always is!!!) but he was the ONLY cashier there at the time. GRRRRR... I am so so so frustrated. Anyways, just had to share that I guess my Albies is not as good as I thought it was!!

Is he the older one with the Pony tail??

melodyjg
08-05-2009, 07:10:13 AM
I never do more than one transaction at one time....I live near an Albertsons and I drive by one to get to work....So its worth it to me to just hit each one everyday if I want to to multiple transactions.

djbartch
08-05-2009, 07:15:38 AM
Is he the older one with the Pony tail??

Yep. That's the one. I usually avoid him at all costs if I can. But I couldn't last night. And I only had 3 transactions and they were all pretty short (the largest one only had 6 or 7 coupons) and would have taken no time at all with a regular checker. Of course, he also threw a fit about all my reusable bags!

I am not a big shopper like most of you, so I don't often have multiple transactions (but never have a problem when I do!). Next time, I'll know better.

queenofthehivemomof5
08-05-2009, 07:26:29 AM
I am in Gillette WY, I usually do 5 trips through the register with my 3 clippable doubles at a time. That is about all the patience I have time for for three measly dollars. I really find the limit of 3 to be more of a pain than it is worth in time.

CouponNg
08-05-2009, 11:23:08 AM
I tried back to backs a few months ago and they didn't like it too much so now I just do one transaction at a time and just take the 'booty':giggle2: out to the car and go right back in. I figure that counts as a separate shopping trip, and no one has ever given me a hassle about that. I have found a new favorite store on Canyon Rd in Summit. :BigHand:I had the two best cashiers working the late shift and they were both fantastic! One of them is a couponer herself and the other is just a dear lady who had a blast watching our deals come through. :BigHand:As for it being 3 measly dollars, I did 10 transactions last night using 5 dblers which add up to $50 (that buys a tank of gas or a very nice dinner out for DH and me)!

mdnagy99
08-05-2009, 12:43:01 PM
I'm in Portland and shop at the location on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy. I haven't done much Albies shopping but have started to do more recently. Did not know you could pick up extra double coupons in the store. I've used 5 in one transaction twice now - ones from the weekly and Sunday ads combined when they are offered. Thanks for the info ;)

DealzMan
08-06-2009, 10:17:01 PM
I live near the Westgate location in north Tacoma. I shop there most of the time. They once told me I can do a maximum of three transactions. However, if there are people waiting in line, then I limit it to two or three. I also regularly shop the UP Albertsons on Bridgeport. They are very friendly & helpful. I especially like the self-checkout at that store.

fonzysmom
08-06-2009, 10:54:27 PM
i never asked because the coupons specifically limit it to three double coupons per family per shopping trip.

ditto

mommycia
08-07-2009, 09:33:07 AM
I am in bonney lake. I normally only do 1...mainly because I dont have tons of papers. (if anyone has a paper deal around here, let me know) I have had a few cashiers tell me that they have extra doublers if I want to split my transactions. So far I LOVE my store. There are a few cashiers I tend to go towards though.

tn20
08-07-2009, 01:27:37 PM
I shop at the Roseburg, OR store and I LOVE THEM! They are great about coupons and most everyone congratulates me on my shopping when they see my totals. The managers are AWESOME; anytime anything goes wrong, they bend over backwards to get it fixed.

There is this one young guy cashier that I love. He is such a sweetheart! Everytime he sees me he asks what I have in store for him today. A couple days ago, I had 2 transactions that I wanted to do and he saw that I only had 2 doublers. He said something like, "Only 2? A coupon queen like you?" Then he left and came back with 2 sets of 3 doubles and even cut them out of the paper for me- up until then, I only used 1 set of doubles per trip, but if he's going to not only let me use more than 1 set, but get them for me, I'm gonna take 'em! I'm seriously going to bake him some cookies or something... It cracks me up because he's probably only 21 or so and he gets into conversations with me about things like our favorite laundry detergents.

dianne0007
08-08-2009, 12:34:38 AM
I shop at the Roseburg, OR store and I LOVE THEM! They are great about coupons and most everyone congratulates me on my shopping when they see my totals. The managers are AWESOME; anytime anything goes wrong, they bend over backwards to get it fixed.

There is this one young guy cashier that I love. He is such a sweetheart! Everytime he sees me he asks what I have in store for him today. A couple days ago, I had 2 transactions that I wanted to do and he saw that I only had 2 doublers. He said something like, "Only 2? A coupon queen like you?" Then he left and came back with 2 sets of 3 doubles and even cut them out of the paper for me- up until then, I only used 1 set of doubles per trip, but if he's going to not only let me use more than 1 set, but get them for me, I'm gonna take 'em! I'm seriously going to bake him some cookies or something... It cracks me up because he's probably only 21 or so and he gets into conversations with me about things like our favorite laundry detergents.
I'm there too. I live in Nevada in the winter and here in the summer (starting this year, retired teacher, yeah). That's the only time I get to go to Albertson's. We used to have one down there but it folded about 5 years ago. I have gone into the store here a few times a week since arriving a few weeks ago. I was amazed at the friendliness of not only the cashiers but management too. They must be running a contest with some great prizes for the friendliest employee or something because they are really, really super nice. Tonight I was doing the buy $30 get $15 deal and was using the UPC list so I knew that all of my items would qualify, but when I did my 2nd transaction, nothing came out of the the machine. The cashier sent me to someone else, she handed me 3-$5 cats after looking at my UPC list and me saying that I verified all of the UPC's before purchasing them. She said, "I found these for you. I believe you. Sorry for the trouble." WOW. I'm so happy here. And I learned something, didn't know I could use more than one set of the doublers. Gotta love HCW...

sanishimura
08-09-2009, 11:40:57 AM
I'm in vancouver and the one on 4th plain is much more coupon friendly than the one off padden parkway. I like the padden parkway b/c it is bigger, but everytime I go there it is usually a PITA.

vickilmp
08-09-2009, 12:42:28 PM
I am in the everett/mukilteo area...I have 3 in any direction, about 5 miles to choose from..the one on 128th is closest, but one cashier in particular gives me trouble always with coupons, and especially doublers. The one in mukilteo is pretty good,, love the store itself, clean, bright, very nice, and have a fellow couponer on late shift, but otherwise, is hit or miss as to cashiers being "coupon-friendly" some cool, some scrutinize everything, and try to find a way to deny them..very strict here about doublers..one set per shopping trip, and one guy cashier even said, you can't just go to car, or even come back later, must be one set per day, LOL... so, that leaves one on madison and evergreen..store not so clean, etc as mukilteo, but NEVER any problem with coupons, and they even let me do 2 transactions in a row if wanted. and can just go to car, put away stuff, and go right back in, never a problem. 128th and mukilteo both very strict on 1 transaction, one set doublers per trip. although unlike mukilteo, 128th will let me go back in after going to car.

tn20
08-10-2009, 06:40:37 PM
I'm there too. I was amazed at the friendliness of not only the cashiers but management too. They must be running a contest with some great prizes for the friendliest employee or something because they are really, really super nice.

:wavehi: Good to see someone else from Roseburg! I know one other lady on HCW that lives in the area and shops at Albertsons, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in coupons around here. Hopefully it stays that way! :whistle67:

I know what you mean! Once, they gave me around $5 extra as an "apology" for my catalina not printing. Another time, I was overcharged a few dollars on a buy x number items get x number $ off instantly. I went up to customer service and the lady that is just under the store manager was there. When I apologized for the hassle, she said, "Oh, no! We are so sorry for the hassle! Its embarrassing to run a promotion and have it not work! I hope you'll be back!" I have... usually 3-4 times a week ever since!

Once when a catalina didn't print for my DH, she just had the cashier write, "Per (her name), $10 off next order." and signed it. (She's known my DH since he was a kid, so I guess she figured he wouldn't abuse it in anyway.) I felt bad because her store wouldn't be reimbursed that way, so I ended up calling Catalina and having the cats sent to me and throwing the receipt away, but it was still nice of her!

They've never not fixed any of my issues. I've never walked out of the store without the cats that were due to me (or something else in its place). Even when they've told me, "Coupons may affect the discount/catalina from coming off." they've also said, "But, nowhere does it say you can't use coupons in combination with the deal, so lets see how much we owe you."

I used to think Albertsons was too spendy and never shopped there- now I've almost completely stopped visiting my old store (Sherm's, just in case you're wondering :biggrin:).

spottedjagiwar
08-11-2009, 05:27:09 PM
Ummm. I am one of the ladies doing lots of transactions in the oly area, but NOT 40 at a time! We asked them (several of us are friends and are also chummy with the checkers there) if our transactions were causing any trouble, EACH TIME, they said no, it never bothered them. AND We asked the store manager if it was okay, and HE said yes it was fine as well! There were a few of us that went LATE LATE at night and went through when no one else was there, and ALWAYS let people through that needed to go through. The only reason I started "unlimited" transactions is because another gal in our area has been doing it a LONG time and orders ahead and sets CARTS full aside and rings them all up at once. She goes out to the car in between carts but not between transactions. Im a coupon newbie and followed suit with the other ladies. Im fairly certian is was the cumulation of many couponers in our oly area causing the problem and not just a few.

With talking to a friend of mine, she said the pacific and carpenter albies are more lenient with transactions than tumwater. I might try those, since I havent been going to any. The tumwater store is REALLY stingey right now with doublers and wont let anyone through more than once PER DAY! I went through last week for the unilever promo and my cat never came out, and one of my fave cashiers blew the steam out his rear and said it needed to be 30 before coupons! RIGHT! I had to wait more than an hour to return the stuff I had (not happy with what I DID have, they were all out of Ragu :( ) and just was so frustrated with the whole experience! I went out to the car, came back in and got pop tarts! NOT HAPPY!

MarchMommy0407
08-12-2009, 09:11:55 AM
:wavehi: Good to see someone else from Roseburg! I know one other lady on HCW that lives in the area and shops at Albertsons, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in coupons around here. Hopefully it stays that way! :whistle67:

I know what you mean! Once, they gave me around $5 extra as an "apology" for my catalina not printing. Another time, I was overcharged a few dollars on a buy x number items get x number $ off instantly. I went up to customer service and the lady that is just under the store manager was there. When I apologized for the hassle, she said, "Oh, no! We are so sorry for the hassle! Its embarrassing to run a promotion and have it not work! I hope you'll be back!" I have... usually 3-4 times a week ever since!

Once when a catalina didn't print for my DH, she just had the cashier write, "Per (her name), $10 off next order." and signed it. (She's known my DH since he was a kid, so I guess she figured he wouldn't abuse it in anyway.) I felt bad because her store wouldn't be reimbursed that way, so I ended up calling Catalina and having the cats sent to me and throwing the receipt away, but it was still nice of her!

They've never not fixed any of my issues. I've never walked out of the store without the cats that were due to me (or something else in its place). Even when they've told me, "Coupons may affect the discount/catalina from coming off." they've also said, "But, nowhere does it say you can't use coupons in combination with the deal, so lets see how much we owe you."

I used to think Albertsons was too spendy and never shopped there- now I've almost completely stopped visiting my old store (Sherm's, just in case you're wondering :biggrin:).

:wavehi:. Yes! Our Albies is GREAT, they always make things right. Like yesterday when my $15 cats didn't print and she just went and got some and handed them to me.

I totally agree with that last paragraph. I used to think Albertsons was too spendy and mostly shopped at Sherm's. I only hit them up for sales here and there but nothing like since I've joined HCW! Don't get me wrong, I still like Sherm's and have to go there for some things but it isn't every Saturday+ like it used to be, lol. Plus, Albies takes IP unlike Sherm's!

GirlieGirl
08-19-2009, 08:13:20 AM
La Grande Oregon here. I dont shop at Albertsons much but I did manage the 5/20 Kraft deal this week.
The employees there are not very friendly and their ads are just too confusing. Other than that we have Safeway and Walmart.

tinabaily
09-06-2009, 05:17:21 PM
I shop at the Broadway Albertsons in Idaho Falls, ID. They are very coupon-friendly and on the first day of their sales, they often have bundles of coupons that they hand out to shoppers until they run out.

As far as doublers are concerned, they don't mind multiple trips, but strongly encourage getting out of line, then back in line again for each transaction. I was told by more than one cashier there that corporate was watching the time stamps on the receipts, (and due to the Albertson's cards, they could tell if it were all the same person) and they didn't want corporate to pull the program, so they have the customer get back in line for more than one transaction involving doublers. I certainly don't want to see the doublers go away, either! I could think of better ways to do it than a silly extra coupon to carry, but maybe corporate will decide on something else, like doubling all coupons up to 1.00 all the time. Imagine how many more customers they would get that way!! :beg2: