PDA

View Full Version : I need to lose weight *down 10 lbs*

Lori63
07-21-2009, 10:04:43 AM
I weighed in yesterday at 195-more than I've ever weighed, even when I was pregnant. Time to get healthier!
I have had issues with anemia and my thyroid, but basically I just LOVE food!
I am 5 foot 9 inches and just moved to a size 14. I go back to work Aug 19 and would really like to fit into my 'teacher' clothes.
I'm doing the Weight Watchers diet and going to Curves and walking.
This first week will be the hardest, I know.
It is so hard to cut coupons with the ads for Quiznos!!! My stomach is growling!

jenrose
07-21-2009, 10:11:13 AM
We are all pulling for you. I need to loose weight as well but haven't yet found my motivation I need to do it.

You can do it!

Qbert
07-21-2009, 10:12:28 AM
Try to cut down on bread and other carbs. Eat the inside of a sandwich without the bread, or with only 1 slice.

Lori63
07-21-2009, 10:14:57 AM
I think one of my motivators is the fact that I have no money and a closet full of clothes I can't fit into!

angeleyeza
07-21-2009, 10:26:20 AM
i know how you feel. Last year I was down to 143lbs and then after winter hit i hibernated lol packed on 20 lbs but kept off the other 65 lbs that I had. I guess that isnt too too bad but now I have to re take off 25 lbs all together. im only 5' 3" sigh.. I quit saying diet. This week I started eating healthier. I cut carbs, no sugar, low sodium, low fat, sounds boring but there are alot of foods that can be fun .today I had:

2 egg whites with 2 tbas fat free shredded cheese 1/2 cup green and red peppers -150 cal
1 large glass water
1 large glass sugar free green tea

lunch:
1- Low carb tortilla- total calories 300
1 c romaine
1/2 tomato sliced and diced
3-4 Pcs Low fat, low sodium turkey deli meat
2- pieces fat free cheese
1- tsp fat free sugar free ranch dressing
sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
1- LG glass green tea
1- LG glass water

snack1-total calories-150
1 sm banana
1 glass water w/ lemon
1- sugar free jello

supper (at work) :

small side salad w/ 4 pc Turkey Breast1 tbs sugar free fat free ranch -150 calories
1- sugar free Jello -25 calories
1 c Green beans -low salt) - 100 calories

100 extra calorie snack budget :

if I need another snack in there somewheres i take
yogurt (carb control kind dannon)
sugar free jello
1 cup air popped popcorn
Sugar free/fat free pudding

i try to not eat after 8pm as your metabolism slows after a certain point in the night . but sugar free/fat free popcicles and fudge pops are a great snack to sacrifice for 20-60 exta calories. ;)

total calories for the day : 1000-1200
total carbs opt for no more than 10-15
steer away from white flours, rices, sugars, as they turn into fat as they metabolize. try for whole wheat,grain, items. I feel a little bit better and have more energy even being only 2 days on this diet. I try for 1/2 hr of exercise even if its a walk to the mail box and around the block with the kids. even cleaning the house counts as exercise ;) HTH you as im on the same boat!

angeleyeza
07-21-2009, 10:33:07 AM
intead of bread try this:

use a lettuce leaf. or romain and spinach wraps.
wash your lettuce dont rip it about like you would a salad but rip it off in ribbed pieces and wrap your fav deli meat and cheeses inside them. saves on lots of calories my kids like them. also here is a fun snack and you can make them ahead of time :

wash and cut celery stalks in half
fill with sugar free/low fat PB top with 3-4 raisins. we call them ant logs ;)

or these:

family fav!
we call these pinwheels ;)
slice a tomato thick or thin however you likem!
bacon bits
use a tsp and dab a little ranch dressing on top the tomatos
sprinkle a few bacon bits on top the dressing.

wealthybarney
07-21-2009, 12:32:51 PM
I hear ya-doing the same. I prayed the same prayer for you that I did for myself-I put my appetite & weight under His grace, & asked for strength & disapline.

Lori63
07-21-2009, 01:02:47 PM
Thanks all! I'm gonna post my weight at least weekly. Good luck to us all!

nuffsaid
07-21-2009, 01:19:36 PM
started ww 90 lbs ago,
girl it works, You work the program, the program works!!

jen

luvmy3boys
07-21-2009, 01:21:22 PM
I did WW and have lost 23 pounds! I haven't looked like this since college! I am cheering you on!
My thing was eating more fruits and veggies. At night, I was always hungry so my snack was strawberries with equal sugar! Yummy!
I normally eat cereal in the morning, my lunch was a sandwich with sara lee 45 calorie bread (only 1 point for two slices!), OM deli meat and a 2% kraft cheese slice, a veggie and some chips. Then I would have a fruit for a snack or a quaker cake. Then dinner would usually be something grilled, with corn tortillas and more veggies. I eat very different now. I am eating more sweets than when I was losing weight but I did not eat hardly any sugar. It is hard but the reward is so great! I feel really good about myself now. It is nice.

cspigner28
07-21-2009, 01:49:13 PM
I followed ww for awhile, still follow ww, but just don't have the extra money for the meetings. Also follow the SparkPeople website, which is totally free. I was at 242, now I am at 198, (Still have 50 more pounds to go before I will be happy. Sodas are my thing, I have drunk WAY too many in the past (We're talking drinking almost a 12 pack a day) Now I only allow myself one a day, and obsessively drink Raspberry Lemonade Propel. Junk food was never a huge problem, just the sodas.

Good Luck!!!

cody82414
07-21-2009, 02:00:08 PM
get active!

you know, park farther away form the doors, use the stairs, walk to the mailbox, run around with the kids/grandkids, pick weeds.

teamed up with better/healthier eating and you will notice a difference.

Best of luck!

Qbert
07-21-2009, 02:02:34 PM
intead of bread try this:

use a lettuce leaf. or romain and spinach wraps.
wash your lettuce dont rip it about like you would a salad but rip it off in ribbed pieces and wrap your fav deli meat and cheeses inside them. saves on lots of calories my kids like them.

I like this idea!

Mothernature
07-22-2009, 10:06:04 AM
I am not against Weight Watchers but I do not think they teach for the long term. You can do this on your own without spending all that money IMHO (I've lost 60 pounds without WW).

If you have insurance, ask your PCP to give you a referral to a nutritionist. . A good nutritionist will address your long term nutritional needs based on your medical history and risks, dietary issues, etc. Much like a doctor or nurse, the dietitian is able to address your concerns as they arise outside of appointments too.

A low carb diet is a great idea. This type of diet keeps diabetes, heart, and cancer risks down. It places less stress on your pancreas, kidneys, and liver. Eating healthy can be expensive (even with coupons) :rolleyes24:

Exercise is the other component. A half hour 5 x a week will show weight reduction. Hit the stairs instead of elevator/escalator, walk instead of drive, play soccer or throw the ball with your kids. It is these small things that make a big difference. My endurance has increased and I ran for the first time in a while.

I was a bit concerned when I saw one poster here mention 50 carbs and 1000 calories. These numbers are dangerous even if a diabetic. The body needs carbs and calories to handle day to day processes. The healthy minimum is 100 carbs and 1500 calories for weight loss. Again, a nutritionist would be able to address this.

I have drunk WAY too many in the past (We're talking drinking almost a 12 pack a day) Now I only allow myself one a day, and obsessively drink Raspberry Lemonade Propel. Junk food was never a huge problem, just the sodas.

Watch it with Propel. It has a high amount of carbs for a flavored water.

julz5272003
07-22-2009, 10:13:01 AM
I too follow Sparkpeople and I've lost 14lbs since May 28th

Lori63
07-22-2009, 11:17:38 AM
I followed ww for awhile, still follow ww, but just don't have the extra money for the meetings. Also follow the SparkPeople website, which is totally free. I was at 242, now I am at 198, (Still have 50 more pounds to go before I will be happy. Sodas are my thing, I have drunk WAY too many in the past (We're talking drinking almost a 12 pack a day) Now I only allow myself one a day, and obsessively drink Raspberry Lemonade Propel. Junk food was never a huge problem, just the sodas.

Good Luck!!!

I can't do the meetings either, but I have in the past and know that WW works for me.
As for the soda. I rarely, if ever, drink it. Wine is my downfall!!!

hbaqueen
07-22-2009, 12:01:25 PM
Well I started walking yesterday so Im trying too. Good luck!!

wannabefree
07-22-2009, 12:29:11 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. You're singing my song here! I used to be a WW leader, having lost 50 lbs. I have kept it off for 13 years (most of it) but now with coupons, menopause, husband out of work last summer and lack of motivation (everyone I know has put on weight:wink7:) I'm up higher than I would like.

So......I have started exercising twice a day a lot of days. I walk or go to the gym on a regular basis but it hasn't been enough lately. The extra activity plus writing down everything I eat again has really helped jumpstart my progress. Finally down 2 pounds.....3 to go and I will be happy.

I just want to be healthy and fit into the clothes in my closet. I had to hit the thrift store to get some bigger capris!

lbrown1618
07-22-2009, 12:55:29 PM
I also recommend a dietician. Meet with them once or twice and get a meal plan. I am doing a weight loss program through our hospital. I'm not obese, just overweight, but the hospital runs it and incorporates a regular dr, dietician, psychologist and exercise physiologist. The plan I do involves "meal replacements" but you can do it with all food. They also offer FREE life-time maintenance groups and dr appts to encourage the long-term.

During the weight loss portion, the caloric intake is 1100-1250. I don't have my binder in front of me to tell you how it breaks down with carbs, etc.

I do want to comment on the FAT FREE idea. Watch our for the FF products, they are usually LOADED back up with SUGAR to make up for the fat loss. Even if its sugar alcohol instead of real sugar its not good (too much of that causes the runs).
Besides, your body NEEDS FAT to carry nutrients and it has something to do with your cells. So you don't want a "fat free" diet. You just want a diet in moderation.

Also something else interesting I learned....there have been some research studies done and they found that simply physical "activity" is as helpful as exercise in terms of weight loss. We use pedometers. Averaging 15,000+ steps a day is equiv to 60min/day of exercise. People that had 15,000+ steps lost as well as people who didn't have high step counts but exercised 60m a day. Its easy to fit them in. Park further at the grocery store, walk up and down every aisle (assuming that won't cause cravings-lol)...get up and walk around your couch during TV commercials (you'd be suprised how many this adds). Actually wearing the pedometer keeps you aware of trying to increase your steps. So instead of asking your DH to turn off a light or grab something for you, you get it yourself, etc. You can find a pretty cheap one, heck I think Kellogg did a freebie offer recently too.

Lori63
07-22-2009, 01:04:39 PM
I have a pedometer-love it! I found out I walk 5-6 miles a day at work. No wonder I'm tired during the school year!
I love reading ya'all's posts-thanks for responding.

Sprite_babies
07-22-2009, 01:20:48 PM
wow, now i see why my husband wanted me to read this. yall have amazing advice.
... this is Nick's Wife.
im going to give Spark people a try. thanks!!

texxie
07-22-2009, 01:22:37 PM
zumba, zumba, ZUMBA:wink7:

good luck to you!:BigHand:

Lori63
07-22-2009, 01:25:18 PM
zumba, zumba, ZUMBA:wink7:

good luck to you!:BigHand:

Our schools have a class on Fridays-haven't gone but heard it's GREAT!

texxie
07-22-2009, 01:31:27 PM
i dont' need to lose weight, i need to firm up. my youngest is 2 but ya know those trouble areas that the baby weight is stuck to for dear life! anywho, i do cardio, pilates, etc. while it made me feel GREAT, i noticed the scale was'nt moving. I was at 131 for MONTHS. again, not heavy but i wanted back in the 120 somethings. They started offering Zumba at my rec center. OMG.....it's SOOOO fun AND...In less than 2 months, i'm down to 126 and dropped a pant and shirt size!:giggle2: I've never felt better and again, so much fun. our class (because it's summer) have girls from 12 years old all the way up to 79 years young.

I'm not a dieting type person. i just won't do it. love food too much.:hysterical: zumba, however, works for me. go to a class and report back, you'll love it, it's just dancing afterall.:wink7:

mom2lucas
07-22-2009, 01:50:14 PM
well, I need to get my butt moving too! I use Spark People, but the exercise is hardest for me right now. I can track food all day long! ;) Menu planning helps me a lot. I don't go looking for unhealthy snacks if I know I'm having XYZ in an hour for dinner.

Everyone in my house has been sick off and on for a month now, and I have totally lost my routine. Time to get back in it!

cspigner28
07-22-2009, 02:03:48 PM
Watch it with Propel. It has a high amount of carbs for a flavored water.

Never even looked at the label on propel (My thinking: Water Good, Soda Bad:giggle2:) Thanks for the info!!

abond0017
07-23-2009, 09:36:56 AM
I second a lot of the things that some have already said, and some of them I wouldnt recommend at all. I am studying right now for my fitness and nutrition degree, and here are some things that I have learned that I would recommend. This is going to be long, but I really hope it helps. However, these are not a substitution for getting a diet and exercise program specifically tailored to you by a professional. That is the best thing you can really do.

Diet:

DO NOT cut out carbs, especially if you love food. This is only setting yourself up for failure as it is asking way too much of yourself in the long run. You want a diet that is maintainable over your life. I actually odnt like to call it a diet, it should just be your new way of eating healthy. Not to mention as others have said carbs are necessary for your brain to function properly. The average person needs minimum 125 grams of carbs a day.

Also, if you really crave sugar, chocolate and the like, do not cut it out completely either. This is definitely setting yourself up for failure. Just make sure you use it in moderation.

When you do eat carbs, make sure they are whole grain. This is very important because eating white bread and rice is almost just as bad as drinking a soda, just empty calories. The no-carb diets have been made only because we eat so many refined products. If you are eating healthy whole grain carbs, noone in their right mind would suggest to go on any kind of no-carb diet. If you are buying wheat bread, make sure it says 100% whole wheat. If it does not say 100% then you are getting mostly refined with just enough whole grain to change the color a bit.

Fat free items are often as bad for you as regular products because of the excess other stuff they put in to make up for the fat lost. Low fat is a better choice, plus as someone else said also, you need fat too. It is very important for many body functions including the absorption of many essential vitamins. Also, get to know what the difference between good and bad fats are and reaplace many of your bad fats with good ones. Olive oil is one of my favs.

Make sure you are getting your recommended servings of vegetables and fruits in. As far as diet goes, this is the most important thing you can do for your diet. It will automatically keep you from eating as much junk food cause you just wont have room. It kills two birds with one stone. Just remember that corn and potatoes ore not the vegetables I am talking about.

CUT OUT the boxed/pre-packaged foods like Hamburger helper or packaged potatoes. These things contain a ton of calories and have nothing but refined processed things in them. Plus Im sure if you look at the serving sizes, they are probably a lot smaller than what you are actually eating so you may be consuming more calories than you know.

And to add to the calorie thing. Make sure you actually know waht a serving is. So many manufacturers these days list such small serving sizes on their packages that most people consume much more than that, and do not realize that they may need to double the calories that are listed.

If you have a problem with cravings, drink a decent size glass of water whenever you get the craving, then wait 15-20 min and see if that takes care of it. Often your cravings could actually be triggered by thirst, but if not, the water may fill your stomach enough to get you to your next meal without a slip.

Another good tip that you can use before your meals is to eat a small handfull of good nuts about 15-30 min before your meal. You see, when your stomach starts getting full, it will send a message to your brain to stop eating. However, the bad thing is that this message can take about 20 minutes to reach your brain and actually start working, so even if you have reached your full point, you make not know it before you have gobbled down 2 plates. If you eat the nuts beforehand, this gives your stomach and intestines a head start on sending those messages. Plus the protien and fat in the nuts will make you feel a bit fuller as well since they digest slower. Make sure you use a healthier nut and as I said only a small amount. Peanuts are not the most healthy nut, too much fat.

Also, if you eat slower, you will also give your brain more time to recieve the message. Take smaller bites and chew them well. This will not only help take longer to eat, but is also better for your digestive system. Eating in front fo the TV is very bad for this. Studies have shown that you eat much faster and more when watching TV than if not.

Lastly, just eat a healty diet and make sure your calorie intake is adequate because consuming too few will actually slow your metabolim in the end and that is when it gets really hard to loose even a pound. I promise that if you eat whole grains, your recommended vegetables and use fat and sugar sparingly, you will not only feel better, but you will have a diet that will help you keep the weight off for good. You REALLY ARE what you eat, just remember that and learn how to make imformed food choices.

Exercise:

Physical activity is the most important thing you can do to loose weight. I actually think the effect that diet and exercise has on your weight loss is somewhere around 60-65% exercise & 35-40% diet because the muscle you form from exercise also has the added benefit of burning more calories per pound than fat. So if you arent exercising, or arent pushing yourself enough, you arent giving yourself the best chance to succeed.

If you find that the scale isn't budging after you have started your new exercise routine, do not be discouraged. You are most likely gaining more muscle mass than you had before. So, you are essentially replacing some of the fat you lost with muscle which weighs more than fat. I think that during this first adjustment period people should NOT look at your scales. Pay attention to how much better your clothes fit and how much better you feel.

BE REALISTIC. It is not healthy, nor is it often productive in the long run to think you should be loosing a bunch of weight each week. It takes MUCH longer to take the weight off than it does to put it on. A good goal is .5 to no more than 2 lbs per week. If you loose more than this each week you run a significantly higher risk of putting the weight right back on. It has been proven that people who loose weight over a longer period of time tend to keep it off.

Know that you will most likely loose a good amount of weight in your first couple of weeks (this is the exception to the .5-2lbs rule as it usually is out of your control). For many people, the first couple of weeks are exciting because they may loose 5-10 lbs rso quickly, but this is usually water weight due to the change in your diet. This IS NOT how you should expect the rest of your weight loss to go, and in some cases you might add a bit of that water weight back as your body adjusts to your new diet.

You probably will reach a plateau where you do not loose any weight for a few weeks. This is usually the toughest time for most women since it is so discouraging to work so hard and not see results. This period is when your body is trying to adjust to its new calorie expenditure/intake. To help this phase pass without you giving up completely, be patient and bump up your physical activity just a little bit. It shouldnt take much. Just 5-10 minutes here and there. This will help jump start your metablism again.

DO NOT lower your calorie intake to try to get over a plateau. This could send your body into starvation mode making your metabolism actually slow down more. Not good.

When exercising make sure you do some weight training in addition to your cardio. Now, Im not talking about building huge muscles. But some muscle is good and if you continue to do toning weight training after a small initial muscle gain, you will have a higher metabolism, plus there is the added benefit of ensuring that you loose less bone density as you get older.

If you have a hard time exercising without feeling too out of breath or exhausted, try doing some exercises in water or laps. It is not only fun and cool in the summer, but it works almost your entire body relatively easily. Plus it is easy on the joints.

Make sure you know the proper form when performing exercises. This will ensure that you are working the muscles as effectively as you can be (why waste the energy if you arent getting the most out of it) and it will help prevent injusries.

As others have suggested. You would be surprised at how much the little things can add up.
Taking stairs
parking further away
standing instead of sitting to do laundry
cutting out most of your tv or internet time so you arent just sitting as much
buy a stability ball to sit on while you watch tv or surf the internet
playing catch with your kids or other low intensity things more often
doing small, easy exercises while watching tv (you're just sitting there anyway)
walk your kids to school if it is close enough and you have the time
if you have stairs in your house, do a few sets of them a day

Ok. I think that is enough for now. I will add more if I can think of any others.

HTH

jess323
07-23-2009, 09:56:41 AM
My husband and I just started doing p90x and i am going to try and follow the 'lets do lunch' diet, my mom lost weight very quickly with that diet alone. its premise is to eat your biggest meal for lunch, and a light salad/fruit for dinner...

p90x is a killer workout though, you have to be in pretty good shape to initially start out- but it will kick your butt! - in a good way!

angeleyeza
07-23-2009, 10:47:52 AM
watch out for those drink inserts too they all contain alot of sugars, and sodium!

sodium helps u RETAIN water weight therefore giving you that "puffy" like look and feeling. sugar just turns into fat which parades more around your middle ,backside, and thighs. the best flavored drinks that I have found has been those sparkling waters at Family dollar they have diff flavors, no salt, no sugars.I like the strawberry and tropical flavored. next time you reach for a lipton tea, flavored water pouch it may not be all that healthy as you think it is. just check out the suar and sodium count. us americans and other nations eat/drink, use more salt than we think daily. the daily recoomended allowance is 1500-2000 MG/day not per hr lol (i think) HTH someone I cut back and have drank water and made my own green tea no sugar My family both sides has diabetes, heart problems, hypertension, I dont want it for me and my family.

todays meals:
Breakfest:
1 c puffed wheat with 1/2 c strawberries 1/2 c super skim milk

Lunch
fresh chicken tenderloins 99% fat free no skin
dipped in egg whites and special K (for crust)
1 tsp Mrs Dash lemon pepper seasoning

1 c Fresh Green beans boiled/ssteamed

1/3 C mac n cheese (home made)
Whole wheat/grain noodles
Fat free and 2% cheese
fat free milk
ICBINButter spray

Supper:
1 sugar free fat free meal smoothie (choc. covered cherry)
1 c super skim milk
1 pkg sugar free carnation instant chocolate mix
1 c Fresh cherries (here is one for all those cherries everyones been buying ;)
mix in a blended with 1/2 c ice until smoothe. place in a covered cup drink right away or place in the freezer ;)

wealthybarney
07-23-2009, 03:17:00 PM
angeleza-mmmmm...yummy! Can I be your new friend & come over for Lunch?
I am going to try that chicken dipped in Special K!
I wonder if I can do that with the ton of Fiber-One I bought that I can't stand?

Mothernature
07-23-2009, 04:59:17 PM
angeleza-mmmmm...yummy! Can I be your new friend & come over for Lunch?
I am going to try that chicken dipped in Special K!
I wonder if I can do that with the ton of Fiber-One I bought that I can't stand?

:nono9:

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:mIq9OAcQOmIZwM:http://www.abbottstore.com/content/ebiz/anstore/invt/57969p4/glucerna-snack-bar-fudge-graham-57971_medium.jpg

for you:whistle67:

... Just remember that corn and potatoes ore not the vegetables I am talking about....

Another good tip that you can use before your meals is to eat a small handfull of good nuts about 15-30 min before your meal... Peanuts are not the most healthy nut, too much fat...

You forgot carrots :wink7:. You also forgot to mention to eat protein with every meal. Protein slows the break down of carbs. Do not eat too much protein though. The body will convert protein to fat.

When exercising make sure you do some weight training in addition to your cardio. Now, Im not talking about building huge muscles. But some muscle is good and if you continue to do toning weight training after a small initial muscle gain, you will have a higher metabolism, plus there is the added benefit of ensuring that you loose less bone density as you get older.

The immediate benefit of weight lifting is burning of available carbs in the system. If a person has a high carb meal and worried about the carbs converting to fat, pick up a weight and lift.

Lori63
07-27-2009, 04:45:10 AM
I've lost 7 lbs-weighed in this a.m.
I don't care if it's water, fat or whatever-I am a happy camper :)
Strictly following Weight Watchers, and I went to Curves 4 days last week, walked whenever I could.

oceanbreeze
07-27-2009, 07:44:17 AM
Congrats on the 7 pounds- what a great start! stick with it and the pounds will come off!!!!

wealthybarney
07-27-2009, 08:33:52 AM
Congrats, Lori-you are really going at it hard! I lost 5# with so much more walking than usual, that I am sore.
Are you sore now, or past it?
What about stomach growling & any cravings?

Lori63
07-27-2009, 11:34:00 AM
Congrats, Lori-you are really going at it hard! I lost 5# with so much more walking than usual, that I am sore.
Are you sore now, or past it?
What about stomach growling & any cravings?

My stomach was growling something awful last week! I've been drinking alot of water and eating alot of veggies.
My son was home from college with his girlfriend for the day on Saturday, so we had cake and ice cream, and I had some. Just one serving instead of a wonderfully huge piece.
I have really cut down on the carbs-only whole wheat pasta (I like Smart Taste the best) and whole wheat bread.
I also haven't really been eating meals every night with hubby-I usually need my dinner at a different time, and eating when I want within my point range works for me.

Cynthiabutterfly
07-28-2009, 12:39:25 PM
Congrats!

I made it thru 2 pregnancies and was only about 6 lbs overweight after #2 - 2 years later I'm up another 15lbs, 20 more than before I got pg the first time.

I really can't afford new clothes, so I want to lose at least 15 lbs to keep my budget under control!

I wanted to take the kids and dog for a walk every day, but it's too hot! I do get my shopping exercise almost daily (lol) and take the stairs at work, but I sit 8+ hours every day! I try to walk around the building at least 1-2 times a day during my break though, and I just got an elliptical machine, working up to 15 minutes a day on it (I am really bad out of shape!)

meggers
08-04-2009, 02:34:41 PM
Diet:

DO NOT cut out carbs, especially if you love food. This is only setting yourself up for failure as it is asking way too much of yourself in the long run. You want a diet that is maintainable over your life. I actually odnt like to call it a diet, it should just be your new way of eating healthy. Not to mention as others have said carbs are necessary for your brain to function properly. The average person needs minimum 125 grams of carbs a day.

I should be a genius by now!

I called my closest hospital about their nutrition program a few days ago. I went to the same program as a teen & I LOVED it! The one-on-one counseling is wonderful & I still remember most everything I was taught. The funny thing is, not much has changed. With all the diet fads out there, the basic truth still remains the same. Carbs are important & so is fat. Everything in moderation & get off thy duff already!

I'm looking at a hefty start up fee is the only thing. Now that part did change.

Lori63
08-04-2009, 05:16:12 PM
I'm down ten, but a little cranky :)

Cynthiabutterfly
08-05-2009, 06:35:31 AM
Great job!!!:BigHand:

Colinsgrandma
08-05-2009, 08:07:27 AM
Seeing a nutritionist is a good idea our insurance covers this. She wants us to eat 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day if you eat the good things your to full for the bad things. It's also great to know that after an intense workout your body may hold water for a few days also carbs can make you retain water. If you know whats going on it keeps you from being discouraged. She also says to change up the amount of calories allow yourself a higher calorie splurge day. Your body thinks it's a good thing to retain weight even if you don't changing calories means to your brain that food is available.